whatif i shouldmeetthee i say, if i meet you,i will never g中文

请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:训练必修三英语北师版 北师版
用适当的单词完成下列对话,单词的首字母已经给出。
A:Hi, Lucy.What are you doing now? You look a bit 1.w________.
B:Yes.I’m preparing a 2.l________ for the new students about how to learn English, but I have some difficulties.
A:Your English is very good! I never 3.t________ it difficult for you.
B:Well, learning English is quite 4.d________ from making a speech.You see, I have never made a speech to so many people.Perhaps, when standing on the stage, I will get too nervous to say a word.Do you have any 5.a________?
A:Well, first, after you take your 6.p________, don’t forget to greet your audience, just by saying “Hello, glad to see you all here,” or “Nice to see you all here”.That may 7.h________ you to calm down.
B:And then?
A:8.W________ you will do next is just to give a brief introduction to your speech.For example, the topic and what you are talking about and why.And then you may talk 9.a________ to what you have prepared.
B:I see.But after I have finished my prepared part, what shall I do to end the talk?
A:Don’t forget to 10.e________ your thanks to the audience.You may say “Thanks for coming”, or “Thank you for
your patience”.And at the same time, don’t forget to add your hopes as an end to your speech.I’m sure you’ll make it.
B:Thank you very much.It’s really kind of you.
Vocabulary 单词拼写
根据首字母和中文意思填写单词
1. All of us have been a_____________ (知道的,明白的)that ads play an important role in our daily life.
2. Some commercial ads don’t tell the truth, so be s_____________ (聪明的,精明的)about them.
3. Many young people like his songs, that is to say, his songs a_____________ (迎合,有吸引力)to young people.
4. They held a party in h_______________ (荣誉,光荣)of the model workers.
5. He was our l_______________ (主导的,主要的)goal scorer last season.
6. Harry Potter is a e_______________ (非凡的,特别的)role in the series of JK ‘s novels.
7. I shall never forget the i______________ (印象)l have gathered during my trip.
8. In most of the people’s opinions, money can’t buy h_______________.(幸福)
9. It’s quite c_________________ for us to live near the station.(方便的,便利的)
10. In the new production, I will play the r___________ (角色) of a policeman.
题型:阅读理解
Is it possible to persuade mankind to live without war? War is an ancient custom which has existed for at least six thousand years. It was always evil and usually foolish, but in the past the human race managed to live with it. Modern skill has changed this. Either man will stop war, or war will stop man. For the present, it is nuclear weapons that cause the greatest danger, but bacteriological( 细菌的 ) or chemical weapons may, before long, offer an even greater threat. If we succeeded in stopping war, there would be no danger for us. To do this, we need to persuade mankind to look upon international questions in a new way, not by contests of force, in which the victory goes to the side which is most skillful in massacre (大屠杀 ),but by arbitration (仲裁)in accordance with agreed principles of law. It is not easy to change old mental habits, but this is what must be attempted.
There are those who say that the adoption of this or that ideology (意识形态)would prevent war. I believe this to be a complete error. All ideologies are based upon beliefs without proof which are, at best, doubtful, and at worst, totally false. Those people who believe them are willing to go to war in support of them.
The movement of world opinion during the past two years has changed very largely such as we can welcome. It has become a common belief that nuclear war must be avoided. Of course, very difficult problems remain in the international world, but the spirit in which they are being approached is a better one than it was some years ago. It has begun to be thought, even by the powerful men who decide whether we shall live or die, that agreements should be reached even if both sides do not find these agreements wholly satisfactory. It has begun to be understood that the important conflict (冲突) nowadays is not between East and West, but between Man and the H?bomb.
From the first paragraph we can know that ____.
A. we may face greater threat from weapons&
B. bacteriological or chemical weapons are less dangerous than nuclear weapons
C. man’s idea of victory has changed
D. dangerous weapons are forbidden in modern society
According to the author,______.
A. it is impossible to live without war
B. the difference between East and West will lead to war
C. war must be stopped if man wants to survive
D. war will be stopped by modern skill
The author believes that the only way to stop war is to____.
A. stop nuclear weapons
B. settle international issues through agreements
C. destroy bacteriological and chemical weapons
D. let the stronger side take over the world
The last paragraph suggests that______.
A. nuclear war will definitely not take place
B. real agreements have been now reached
C. world opinion is still divided on nuclear war
D. man is beginning to realize that nuclear war is his greatest enemy
Which of the following words can best describe the author’s feeling in writing this passage?
A. Disappointed.&& B. Doubtful.&& C. Worried.&& D. Hopeful.
来源:2010年江苏南京六中高一下学期期末考试英语卷
题型:填空题
Vocabulary 单词拼写根据首字母和中文意思填写单词1. All of us have been a_____________ (知道的,明白的)that ads play an important role in our daily life. 2. Some commercial ads don’t tell the truth, so be s_____________ (聪明的,精明的)about them. 3. Many young people like his songs, that is to say, his songs a_____________ (迎合,有吸引力)to young people. 4. They held a party in h_______________ (荣誉,光荣)of the model workers.5. He was our l_______________ (主导的,主要的)goal scorer last season.6. Harry Potter is a e_______________ (非凡的,特别的)role in the series of JK ‘s novels.7. I shall never forget the i______________ (印象)l have gathered during my trip.8. In most of the people’s opinions, money can’t buy h_______________.(幸福)9. It’s quite c_________________ for us to live near the station.(方便的,便利的) 10. In the new production, I will play the r___________ (角色) of a policeman.
来源:2015届浙江省宁波市高一上学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:单词拼写
单词拼写(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
1.What great fun it is to meet their
f_________ classmates and teachers on the 100th anniversary
celebration of XiaoShi!
2.The number of cars must be l_________ to
ease the city’s heavy traffic jams.
3.There have been a lot of a_________ about
who should be responsible for the accident.
4.You shall get some e_________ money if
you work over the holiday.
5. It’s an old saying that a d_________
relative is not as good as a near neighbor.
6.You were s_______ to take your shoes off
when you entered the school lab, but you didn’t.
7.I’m sure David has told you his business
troubles. A_________, it’s no secret that he has borrowed a lot of money from
the bank.
8.Unless these people get food in the next
two weeks, they will s _______ to death.
9.Under the g_________ of his coach, Sun
Yang won two gold medals at the London Olympic Games.
10.Most customers were satisfied with the
way their complaints were h_______.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
作业讨论群:From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Music sample
"I Will Follow You into the Dark" is a song by
band , the third
from their fifth album , released on August 30, 2005.
Written and performed by , it is a
, and was recorded in
with a single microphone and little editing.
The single was released on , becoming one of Death Cab for Cutie's lowest-charting singles, peaking number 28 on the , number 66 on the
and fail however, "I Will Follow You into the Dark" was certified as
by the , and is the band's best-selling single to-date. Despite charting lower than other singles, the single is still one of the band's most played songs on commercial radio stations. The song's popularity has led it to be featured in a various
and , and has been
by numerous artists.
The song was written entirely by Death Cab for Cutie's
Nearing age 29, Gibbard had never lost anyone really special in his life. Growing older during an ideal and comfortable time of his life led him to begin obsessing over death, the , and the weight of his relationships. He started to take stock of the importance of the people in his life and felt a need to say something about it, writing the song to deal with his problems of focusing on life by expanding his scope to include death and what comes afterward.
"It's just this idea that what if somebody dies and we're just floating, just stumbling around in infinite darkness, and I'm just trying to find some kind of spiritual kind of peace with myself, and the world."
— Ben Gibbard
Originally planned to be recorded later in the sessions for Plans, technical issues arose with one set of
while tracking the vocals for a different song.
and guitarist
told Gibbard to take a break while the issues were being addressed. Gibbard picked up his
guitar and began playing "I Will Follow You into the Dark", which was still going through the vocal microphone. Walla was impressed by the sound, leading him to suggest they do a quick tracking of the performance. It was this mono recording, with the only editing being mild
and , that was eventually featured on the album and released as a single. Due to the
nature of the recording, the vocals are noticeably much louder than the guitar, and you can also hear Gibbard breathing in the beginning of the song.
In this screenshot of the main music video, Ben Gibbard plays his guitar in a sparse room while the ever-widening hole in the floor dominates the foreground.
Two music videos were created for "I Will Follow You into the Dark":
The main music video, filmed in
and directed by , features Ben Gibbard in a small sparsely decorated apartment, playing the song while sitting on his bed when he notices a hole in the wooden floor. Gibbard goes about daily activities while avoiding the constantly expanding hole, eventually rolling out of bed into it, hanging on by his fingertips. He finally lets go, only to land unharmed on solid ground within the void about as deep as his height. The song ends with Gibbard walking into the darkness, then pans to show the entire room again with the floor restored to its original, intact state.
An alternative video, directed by Monkmus, appears on the Death Cab for Cutie's DVD . In this video, a picture-book takes up the center of the video frame, and the pages turn as the song progresses. Within the book, two rabbits meet and fall in love. Time passes until one of the rabbits apparently dies. There are other references to death throughout the video, such as a rotten bowl of fruit and an elderly man who appears to die, leaving his grandson behind. The video ends with a picture of the two rabbits together, presumably in eternal happiness together.[]
"I Will Follow You into the Dark" has two separate -exclusive,
7" releases with
recorded as part of the band's
originals session. The part-one release is printed on teal vinyl with "Photobooth" from
as the B-side, and the part-two release is printed on clear orange vinyl with a B-side of "Brothers on a Hotel Bed". The CD single was also only released in the UK and contains the same "Brothers on a Hotel Bed" B-side.
Critical response to "I Will Follow You into the Dark" was generally positive. In their reviews for the album Plans,
selected the song as his "choice cut",
called it the album's "quiet centerpiece" and praised its "unexpected turns of phrase",
called it "one of the best written pop songs of the year – if not of the past five years", and
stated that it was "one of the band's best songs to date."
however, said that the song "demonstrates how wise Gibbard is to let the band mess with his pristine melodies, which would sound wispy and ignorable on their own."
The song was nominated for the
for , but lost to "" by . By being nominated in this category, instead of for , it credited the entire band for Gibbard's solo performance.
The song achieved
in December 2009, for over 500,000 sales. "I Will Follow You into the Dark" became Death Cab for Cutie's best-selling single to date, and their overall second best-selling release after the album Plans itself.
"I Will Follow You into the Dark" was featured on the soundtrack of the 2007 film , a remake of the 2002
film . In 2008 it was featured in the television series , in the episode "That Which We Destroy". The song was featured in the
, in the season eight episode entitled "", first broadcast in January 2009. The same year it was also the title of an episode of
in the fifth season, originally airing in March 2009. It was used in the 2011
episode "Into the Dark" (of which it was also the namesake), and was also used in the film
the same year. An instrumental version of the song was featured in the 2011 film [] The song was also used for the end credits of Mike Birbiglia's Netflix comedy special My Girlfriend's Boyfriend.
The 2012 film , originally titled I Will Follow You Into the Dark, derives its name from the song.
Chart (2006)
U.S. Billboard
recorded a cover of the song during the recording sessions for . It appears on the limited edition 'Alternate Tracks' release as well as a Brainwashed Records compilation entitled 'Peace (for mom)'. She also performed the song at a concert held in
on a tour in November 2011 for what would become the album An Evening With Neil Gaiman & Amanda Palmer, in tribute to the overdose death of a young woman at Occupy Vancouver two days earlier.
recorded a cover of the song. An audio sample can be heard on her official
Bluegrass band Cadillac Sky recorded a cover of the song and is included on the band's self-produced EP/CD, Weary Angel.
recorded a cover of the song on his Sundays at Rockit album.
released a cover of the song on the album Heartless World, which he made available for free download on his website after the death of , along with the song "Summer Soldier (Holler If Ya Hear Me)" featuring .
covered this song on their
covered this song on the
limited edition EP, only distributed during the tour.
American singer-songwriter
covered the song in his debut album
and is the only cover song on the album with the other 9 tracks all Simons' compositions.
California singer-songwriter-guitarist Julianna Zachariou covered the song on her 2011 debut album Tell Tell Tell. It is the only cov the other 11 tracks are originals.
, The Voice USA 2013 Alumni, recorded a cover of the song on her 2013 EP called "Caroline Glaser, Vol. 1". It is one of the only 3 songs on her first EP; the other 2 tracks are originals.
covered the song on her album
released in 2015.
covered the song live in their 2010 tour.
Hanna, Steven. . Chord Magazine.
Clark, Rick (). . .
. . September 6, 2006.[]
Christgau, Robert. .
Tangari, Joe. . .
McDermott, Ryan. . .
. . Archived from
on 23 January 2009.
Sheffield, Rob (). . .
. αCharts.
. Billboard. Prometheus Global Media.
. . . Archived from
on May 5, 2013.
. CBC.ca. .
to songs from Plans
: Hidden categories:My Chinese Wife From Hell : I Hate My Wife Story & Experience
This browser is out of date and will not support some of this site's functionality. For better site performance, please update your browser to the newest version:
My Chinese Wife From Hell
married a Chinese woman here in the states she is younger than me. Beautiful and all that.
We now have a son. I am an American older white guy.
Pretty well educated and open to concepts like discussion and compromise.
Well I have to say.
My Chinese wife has basically turned out to be the most ignorant and stubborn person I have ever met. I have met lots of people on a global scale and she just has to be the dumbest person on this planet.
And has at the same time this inherent attitude of knowing everything when she knows nothing.
It is a literal life in hell with this person. Lazy, complaining, always pointing things out as the way to do something unfortunatley the wrong way.
She has no concept of partnership it is all basically her way or the way of trouble. I believe she is Narcisistic and it was encouraged within her culture.
Such a helpless personality it is like an anchor around your neck.
Finally when your down to your last grasp finally getting up the courage to say enough is enough.
The entire hidden culture that these ladies really have in their mental picture is that they are in charge.
We husband just bring home the money to the master so to speak.
Well sorry honey not in this movie.
I am going to kick this arrogant stupid insensitive non-cultured ignorant argumentative why not me chinese lady TO THE STREET and she can just go run off a cliff for all I care.
What an absolute load of crap I read about all this submissive follow the man culture normative that is suppossed to be cultural.. Well it is the
biggest lie that has ever been fed to us westerners.
Even with an arguing nasty uncontrollable tempermant the final straw is drawn in listening day after day to opinions and positions on ways to do things that are so outdated and inherently ignorant that I would need a full lobotomy just to see it as normal.
I love my son so much that I have hanging on by a thread of existance and connection to common consciousness through isolation and connection to REAL PEOPLE that actually have a brain in their head.
At home with just the family is like living in a house of retards.
And she is the most selfish egotistical person I have ever me ever.
Since I am a goner on account of this cow pie I stepped in along my life path it is at this point going to take every last ounce of my courage and energy to survive it focusing focusing all I can on my son my dear sweet son whom I love more than any and all in this world.
I will survive for you my son and come out of this terrible tornado of hell.
Never my dear American fellows. EVER, consider the option of a Chinese wife. Unless by chance your already standing on that cliff ready to jump off and you choose to prolong that jump for just a little while.
I ensure you that in the end it will be the happiest jump you ever made separating yourself from that cursid putrid god forsaken heathen of a chinese woman.
Go anywhere, marry anyone, just not a Chinese woman. I emplore you to consider this while you still have a sane brain to think with.
IN all faith and honesty, and standing next to, and with my American brethren, and flag. I write this to you my countryman.
Be forewarned of the gracious smile that will draw you asunder. For it is coming for you too.
SEND TO A FRIEND:
4 More Responses
3 More Responses
2 More Responses
2 More Responses
2 More Responses
2 More Responses二次元同好交流新大陆
扫码下载App
温馨提示!由于新浪微博认证机制调整,您的新浪微博帐号绑定已过期,请重新绑定!&&|&&
快快乐乐学英语,学好英语更快乐!
LOFTER精选
网易考拉推荐
用微信&&“扫一扫”
将文章分享到朋友圈。
用易信&&“扫一扫”
将文章分享到朋友圈。
阅读(3712)|
用微信&&“扫一扫”
将文章分享到朋友圈。
用易信&&“扫一扫”
将文章分享到朋友圈。
历史上的今天
在LOFTER的更多文章
loftPermalink:'',
id:'fks_087069',
blogTitle:'Unit 2 What should I do?学案Period 1--5',
blogAbstract:'\r\nUnit 2&&& What should I do?
{elseif x.moveFrom=='iphone'}
{elseif x.moveFrom=='android'}
{elseif x.moveFrom=='mobile'}
${a.selfIntro|escape}{if great260}${suplement}{/if}
{list a as x}
推荐过这篇日志的人:
{list a as x}
{if !!b&&b.length>0}
他们还推荐了:
{list b as y}
转载记录:
{list d as x}