I' I'd go black and blue,
I'd go crawling down the avenue.
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do
to make you feel my love
The storms are raging on the rolling sea
and on the highway of regret.
Though winds of change are blowning wild and free,
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
I could make you happy, make your dreams come true.
Nothing that I wouldn't do.
Go to the ends of the Earth for you,
to make you feel my love
to make you feel my love
上下滑动可查看歌词▲
Bob Dylan的演唱令人难以忘怀,独特的嗓音与唱腔,他的创作才华更是毋庸置疑,歌词感人肺腑,触动人心,旋律缓慢优美。
Adele的翻唱版本也有其独特风格,感人至深。两个版本都值得推荐。
后天的日签英语原文为
There’s no one I’d rather be than me.
(提示:电影经典台词,较难)
同样请大开脑洞,
给E哥你觉得最合适
并将你的翻译发在本文留言区
日签翻译(你的翻译)
E哥将评选一条
作为后天日签定制的翻译!
截止时间:隔日18::00前
昨天征译10人
迪士尼电影《勇敢传说》
Our fate lives within us,
you only have to be
brave enough to see it.
命运就掌握在我们手里,
只有勇敢的人才能体会。
其他意思相近的童鞋
也是对的答案哟!
最后,还是那句话
翻译真的是一件非常愉悦的事情
不失原意,不偏工整,不乏诗情!
E哥依然等你!
- THE END -
每早7点,后台回复“早安”,送你一张双语早安日签!
码字不易,求赞,求转发,求安慰!当前位置:&&&&&&&&&
最新公告:
关于成长的英语美文——你并不特别(三)
19:18:18&&
关于成长的英语美文——你并不特别:The fulfilling life, the distinctive life, the relevant life, is an achievement, not something that will fall into your lap because you're a nice person or mommy ordered it from thecaterer.
& The fulfilling life, the distinctive life, the relevant life, is an achievement, not something that will fall into your lap because you're a nice person or mommy ordered it from thecaterer[20]. You'll note the founding fathers took pains to secure yourinalienable[21]right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness—quite an active verb, &pursuit&—which leaves, I should think, little time for lying around watching parrots rollerskate on Youtube. The first President Roosevelt, the oldRough Rider[22], advocated thestrenuous[23]life. Mr. Thoreau wanted todrive life into a corner[24], to live deep and suck out all themarrow[25]. The poetMary Oliver[26]tells us to row, row into the swirl and roil. Locally, someone ... I forget who ... from time to time encourages young scholars tocarpe the heck out of the diem[27]. The point is the same: get busy, have at it. Don't wait for inspiration or passion to find you. Get up, get out, explore, find it yourself, and grab hold with both hands. Now before you dash off and get your YOLO (You Only Live Once) tattoo, let me point out the illogic of that trendy little expression—because you can and should live not merely once, but every day of your life. Rather than You Only Live Once (YOLO), it should be You Live Only Once (YLOO) ... but because YLOO doesn't have the same ring, we shrug and decide it doesn't matter.& None of this day-seizing, though, this YLOOing, should be interpreted as license for self-indulgence. Like accolades ought to be, the fulfilled life is a consequence, agratifying[28]by-product. It's what happens when you're thinking about more important things.& Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you. Go to Paris to be in Paris, not to cross it off your list and congratulate yourself for being worldly. Exercise free will and creative, independent thought not for the satisfactions they will bring you, but for the good they will do others, the rest of the 6.8 billion—and those who will follow them. And then you too will discover the great and curious truth of the human experience is that selflessness is the best thing you can do for yourself. The sweetness joys of life, then, come only with the recognition that you're not special.& Because everyone is.[20]caterer &n.提供饮食及服务的人[21]inalienable &adj.不可剥夺的;不能放弃的[22]Rough Rider: 勇猛的骑兵,美国第26任总统西奥多·罗斯福(Theodore Roosevelt, )是为1898年美西战争所招募的美国第一志愿骑兵团的骑兵。[23]strenuous &adj.艰苦的;发奋的[24]drive ... into a corner: 置……于困境[25]marrow &n.精华;精髓;实质[26]Mary Oliver: 玛丽·奥利弗(1935~),美国当代女诗人,以书写大自然而著称。[27]carpe the heck out of the diem: 抓紧时机;把握当下[28]gratifying &adj.予人满足的& 充实的人生、独特的人生、有意义的人生是一项成就,不会因为你是好人就会从天而降,也不会因为你妈妈可以包办就能得到。你会发现开国元勋们费尽周折才保障了你不可剥夺的生存权利、自由权利以及追求幸福的权利——“追求”,一个相当主动的动词——我认为它没有给你留什么空闲,让你能躺在那儿上Youtube网站看鹦鹉溜旱冰。我们的第一位罗斯福总统是位勇猛的老骑兵,他倡导我们过艰苦奋斗的生活。梭罗先生想过简单的生活,希望活得深刻,汲取生命所有的精髓。诗人玛丽·奥利弗要我们划着小船,去中流击水,浪遏飞舟。在这里,有人——我忘了是谁——时常鼓励年轻的学者们要把握时机,活在当下。其核心思想都一样:行动起来,主动出击。不要等着灵感或者激情来找你。站起来,走出去,去探索,靠自己的力量去发现,然后牢牢把握、全力以赴。现在,趁着你还没有冲出去在身上刺个YOLO文身,请允许我指出这句小小的时髦表达的不合逻辑之处——因为你的人生可以而且应该不止就过那么一次,而应该每天都是一个新的人生。与其说“人生只有一次(YOLO)”,倒不如说“人生无法重来(YLOO)”……但因为YLOO给人的感受不太一样,我们只好耸耸肩,觉得不改也没什么大不了。& 然而,所谓时不我待,或者人生无法重来,都不应拿来作为自我放纵的借口。正如荣誉本身一样,充实的人生是一个结果,一个带给人成就感的副产品。它是你在思考更为重要的事情时自然而然的结果。& 攀登高峰不是为了插上自己的旗帜,而是为了迎接挑战,享受清新的空气,饱览美丽的风景。攀上高峰是为了看世界,而不是为了让世界看到你。去巴黎是为了领略巴黎的风情,而不是为了在旅游清单上划掉巴黎的名字,然后为自己见了世面感到欣喜。运用自由意志、进行创新独立的思考并不是为了自身的满足,而是为了他人的福祉,为了68亿人以及他们子孙后代的福祉。那时,你也会发现人类经验中伟大而又不同寻常的真理——无私是你能为自己做的最了不起的事!只有当你意识到自己并不特别时,才能真正领略到人生最甜美的快乐。& 因为每个人都是如此。
[&发布:能飞英语网&&&&编辑:能飞英语网&]
能飞英语网欢迎您评论,文明上网,理性发言
能飞视听学习软件
能飞背单词
英语学习方法
英语推荐文章
英语学习工具
版权所有 & . All Rights Reserved.您的位置:&>&&>&&>&
英语美文人生篇:帮你成长的10个残酷事实(双语)
jo 于发布 l 已有人浏览
在人生游戏中,总会感觉自己总在经历失败。你并不是一个人。人生就是一个巨大的谜题,充满了起起伏伏。
In the game of life, if it often seems like you&re on the losing end of things, you&re not alone. Life can be one giant conundrum filled with ups and downs. When you feel like you&re experiencing more downs than ups, sometimes it helps to get a little tough love once in a while. That&s why we put together this list of 10 harsh truths that will help you grow.
在人生游戏中,总会感觉自己总在经历失败。你并不是一个人。人生就是一个巨大的谜题,充满了起起伏伏。如果你觉得你经历的失败多余成功,偶尔感受一点严厉之爱也许会有帮助。所以我们总结了会帮助你成长的10个残酷事实。
1. Life isn&t fair.
人生是不公平的
Life will hand you lemons, often when you least expect it. The sooner you embrace this harsh truth, the better prepared you&ll be to handle tough situations that are sure to arise.
往往在你最意想不到的时候,人生会让你尝到柠檬的酸味。你越早明白这个残酷的事实,在处理这些必将出现的麻烦事时,你就会准备得越好。
2. The first step is always the hardest.
万事开头难
Let&s face it: changing bad habits is tough. Research proves it. Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu once said, &The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.& So if you want to change something, start with baby steps. Take a small action&any action&and grow from there.
让我们面对这个事实:改掉坏习惯非常困难。研究证实了这一点。中国的哲学家老子说过,&千里之行,始于足下。&如果你想要做出改变,就从第一步开始。做出一点小的行动,任何一种行动都行,然后就从这里开始。
3. Good things usually don&t come quickly.
好事情不会来得很快
Great accomplishments in our lives normally don&t come easy. And if you think about it, would you have it any other way? There&s a basic psychological principle called instant gratification, which means that we expect to get rewards instantly. But sometimes you need to fight the impulses your brain throws at you and trust that the journey you&re on is the right one.
我们认识中的伟大成就都来之不易。想想看,你还有别的办法吗?有一个基本的心理学原理,叫做即时满足,意思是我们期待立刻获得回报。但有时候你要和大脑中的这种冲动作斗争,要相信你正在走一条正确的路。
4. Not everyone will support you along the way.
人生路上不是每个人都会支持你
In life, there&s no shortage of doubters, haters, and pessimists. Overcoming this harsh truth is simple: don&t listen. Choose to stick with your guns, trust your instincts, and forget about people who don&t support your goals and passions.
你的人生中从来不缺乏怀疑者、嫉妒者和悲观主义者。克服这个残酷的现实很简单:别听他们的。坚守自己,相信你的直觉,忘掉那些不支持你的目标和激情的人。
5. You can&t always be in control of everything.
你无法永远掌控每件事
Listen, letting go is hard, especially if you&re a go-getter. But if you want to continue to grow, there are times when you need to relinquish your control on everything and let things unfold how they&re meant to be. This doesn&t mean your mentality for everything should be &wait and hope.& You can still strive for greatness, but put the work in and then let go with complete faith that the universe will make things right for you. You&ll be amazed at how well it works.
听着,放手不是件容易的事,尤其如果你还是一个能干的人。但如果你想继续成长,有时候你需要放弃对某些事的掌控,让一切顺其自然。这并不意味着你对待事情的态度是&静观其变&。你依然可以为了成就伟大而奋斗,只不过在努力之后,就可以放手,要相信上天会为你安排妥当。你会惊讶地发现一切都很顺利。
6. You can&t accomplish great things without taking great risks.
不入虎穴焉得虎子
Here&s another harsh truth many people have trouble grasping: if you don&t take risks you will have a lot harder time accomplishing what you want in life. People who truly change the world are the biggest risk takers. They&re the ones who are willing to put everything on the line and fail for something they believe in. And they treat each failure as an opportunity to grow and get better.
这又是一个很多人不能领会的残酷现实:如果你不能冒险,想实现你所追求的就会更加困难。那些真正改变世界的人都是最大的冒险家。他们情愿让一切出于危险之中,也肯为了他们所信仰的事而失败。他们认为每一次失败都是一次成长、变得更好的机会。
7. You may be better off without some of the people you currently care about.
没有了你眼下在乎的某些人,你的生活也许更美好
This one is tough to hear, I know. But chances are, there&s someone in your life you care about deeply who is holding you back. That&s not to say you should give up on the people you love. However, there comes a time when you need to make the tough decision to say no to people who aren&t helping you grow.
我知道这一点听起来很难以接受。但有可能你生命中某个你特别在乎的人阻碍了你前进。这不是说你要放弃那些你爱的人。可是有时候你需要作出艰难的决定,对那些不能帮助你成长的人说不。
8. Death is a part of life.
死亡是人生的一部分
Nothing can prepare us for the earth-shattering pain of losing a loved one. The harsh truth of life is that it&s a viscous cycle. However, there&s something you can do to make losing someone you love a lot less painful: make them a part of your life right now. Don&t put off making that phone call or paying a random visit to a friend or family member you haven&t seen in a while. Treat every moment with your loved ones as if it&s your last, and you won&t have any regrets.
面对失去所爱之人的巨大痛苦,我们总是无所适从。残酷的现实在于,这是一个黏性的循环。但是你可以做一些事情,让这种痛苦减轻一些:从现在起就让他们成为你人生中的一部分。别推迟给那些好久没见的朋友或家人打电话或者上门拜访。每次和你爱的人们相处时都把它当做是最后一次,这样你就不会有任何遗憾了。
9. You are the only thing holding yourself back from greatness.
你是自己通向伟大的唯一阻碍
Often we get so caught up hoping for the next great thing that we don&t realize what&s unfolding right in front of our faces. Don&t hold yourself back with negative thoughts. Instead, focus on the positive things you have going in your life. Choose to be happy right now.
我们总是期待着下一件好事情,却没有意识到它正在我们面前发生。别被消极的念头所阻碍。相反,要关注那些发生在你生活中的积极的事情。选择快乐,就是现在。
10. Sometimes bad things happen to good people
有时候好人也会遇到坏事
Suffering is part of life. But here&s the cool thing: it makes us stronger. There&s a randomness to how the world works that&s really hard to understand. We see evidence of this every day, and it can really make you question the future of mankind. How you choose to view the world is up to you. Just remember, the truth, however harsh, will set you free.
磨难是人生的一部分。但好处在于,它会让我们更强大。世界的运转总有随机性,这确实难以理解。我们每天都会看到这种证据,这的确会让你质疑人类的未来。你如何看待这个世界由你自己决定。只需要记住,现实不论多么残酷,都会让你自由。
美文欣赏&|&美文欣赏&|&美文欣赏&|&美文欣赏&|&美文欣赏&|&美文欣赏&|&
美文欣赏排行111111111111111111
我们也在这里:
本文相关应用▼}

我要回帖

更多关于 晨读英语美文100篇 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信