请问we can'you can t imaginee what life would be like without phones中what在从句中做什么成分

当前位置: >>
【步步高 北师大版】2016届高三一轮英语大一轮复习文档 选修6 Unit 16 Stories
1.abandon vt.放弃,遗弃;n.放任,放纵 2.come into view 出现 3.knock sb.over 撞倒某人 4.once upon a time 从前 5.witness v.目击;n.目击者 6.occur vi.发生 7.block out 封闭 8.tremble vi.颤抖,发抖 9.loss n.遗失,丢失 10.in a way 从某种程度
上说 11.on one’s side 侧身 重点识记词汇 12.sympathy n.同情 13.on the way to 在去??的路上 14.pay rise 增加工资 15.split up (使)解散;决裂 16.gather vi.&vt.聚集 17.sorrow n.悲伤,难过 18.burst vi.爆炸;闯,冲 19.specific adj.详细的;特定的 20.hold up 支撑起 21.significance n.重要性;意义 22.count on 依靠 23.vivid adj.生动的,逼真的-1- 24.come across 偶然遇见 25.discourage vt.使泄气,使灰心 26.figure out 理解,弄清楚 27.end up 以??结束,以??告终 28.in particular 特别,尤其 29.severe adj.严重的;严厉的 30.put up with 容忍,忍受 31.stubborn adj.倔强的,固执的 32.former adj.以前的 33.troublesome adj.引起麻烦的 34.now that 既然 35.eager adj.渴望的,热衷的 36.precious adj.宝贵的 37.gradual adj.逐渐的 38.complex adj.复杂的 39.applaud vi.&vt.鼓掌 40.apparent adj.明显的,显而易见的 41.breakthrough n.突破,重大发现 42.tense adj.紧张的→tension n.紧张 43.name...after 以??的名字给某人/某物命名 44.preserve vt.保护,保存→preservation n.保护;保养 45.particularly adv.特别地;特定地→particular adj.特别的 46.abnormal adj.反常的,不正常的→normal adj.正常的 47.admirable adj.令人钦佩的→admire vt.钦佩 48.unbearable adj.不能忍受的→bearable adj.可忍受的→bear vi.容 忍,忍受 49.restriction n.限制,约束→restrict vt.限制,限定 50.expand v.扩大,扩充→expansion n.扩张 1.Another man,lying on his side,looks as if he is trying to get up. 躺在他旁边的另一个人看上去好像在试图站立起来。 必背经典句式 2.Now that Helen understood the key to language,she was very eager to learn more and use it as much as she could. 既然海伦理解了语言之谜,她非常渴望学习更多的词语并且尽可 能多地使用它们。-2- 3.It was the first time Helen had understood such a complex word―a word for something she couldn’t touch. 这是海伦第一次理解这么复杂的单词――一个代表她触碰不到 的东西的单词。 4.Uncertain about how to fix them,she stopped to think carefully. 不能确定如何修理它们,她停下来仔细思考。 ity/ty/y 难事;难题 disability /?dIs?′bIl?tI/n.[C]&[U]无能;伤残 构词记忆 discovery /dIs′k?v?rI/n.[U]&[C]发现;被发现的事物 electricity /?Ilek′trIs?tI/n.[U]电;电学;电流;电力供应 equality /i?′kw?l?tI/n.[U]相等;相同;平等 majority /m?′d??r?tI/n.[U]多数;大多数 difficulty /′dIfIk?ltI/n.1.[U]困难;艰难 2.[C]难点;Ⅰ.词汇与派生 A.语境填词 1.We’ll gather(集合) at the Students’ Club at 8 pm this Friday,after the evening classes. 2.The girl in the shop is always eager(热心的) to please every customer. 3.The day witnessed(见证了) the successful launch of Tiangong1,that is,China’s development in lunar exploration program. 4.The policy guarantees us against all loss(损失). 5.I don’t want such a thing to occur(发生) again. 6.She was discouraged(泄气) in her marriage. 7.We attached no significance(意义) to his statement. 8.It was a breakthrough(突破) for me. 9.The broken car was abandoned(遗弃) by the riverside. 10.As we know,time is more precious(宝贵的) than anything else in the world. B.用所给词的适当形式填空 11.The society was set up to preserve (preservation) endangered species from extinction. 12.Her temperature soon returned to normal (abnormal). 13. As far as I know, you are enthusiastic about Chinese traditional culture, particularly (particular) Chinese opera.-3- 14.The roof will not bear (unbearable) the strain of its weight. 15.But we continue to trust in such solutions because,well,they relieve the tension (tense). Ⅱ.短语运用 A.用方框内所给动词短语的适当形式填空 name after,knock over,come across,refer to,put up with,count on,figure out,hold up,end up,go wrong 16.If she could put up with the conditions there,we could take her. 17.Every time they went dancing they ended up in a bad mood. 18.When I said someone was foolish,I wasn’t referring to you. 19.I came across an old photo while tidying up my study,which reminded me of my happy childhood. 20.They were held up by the heavy fog,so they were late. 21.After a broken promise,it is hard for people to count on you. 22.A boy was knocked over by a passing car but fortunately he was not hurt severely. 23.We can’t figure out why quite a number of insects,birds,and animals are dying out. 24.The aircraft carrier was named after a famous general. 25.When things go wrong,you mustn’t quit. B.用方框内所给短语的适当形式填空 in particular,in a way,once upon a time,instead of,on one’s side,on the way to, now that 26.The baby was lying on his side watching his mother. 27.I’ll look after grandma instead of mum tonight. 28.The whole meal was good but the wine in particular was excellent. 29.I never miss breakfast,so I either eat at home or eat on the way to school. 30.Now that you put your hand to the work,you should do your utmost to finish it. 31.In away,it is nice to be working alone. 32.Once upon a time there was a poor old fisherman. Ⅲ.经典句式 33.We needn’t have bought so much food now that Suzie won’t be with us for dinner. 既然苏西不和我们一起吃晚饭,我们本不必买这么多食物的。 34.It is the first time that he has been praised by his teachers. 这是他第一次受到老师们的表扬。 35.The woman loves the children deeply as if she were their mother. 这个女人深爱着孩子,就好像是他们的妈妈一样。-4- 36.Tired and hot,we had to have a break. 又累又热,我们不得不休息一下。1 abandon v.放弃?stop doing?;遗弃,抛弃?leave?;沉湎于;n.放任;放纵?an uncontrolled way of behaving? [应试指导] (1)后跟动名词 (2)过去分词作定语的考查abandon oneself to...纵情;沉溺于?? abandon sth.to sb.把某事遗弃给某人 abandon doing...放弃做?? with abandon 放纵地;尽情地 an abandoned child 弃儿 The authorities have abandoned any attempt to distribute food. 当局中止了分发食物的尝试。 We are scared to abandon ourselves to our feelings in case we seem weak or out of control. 我们不敢放纵自己的情感,以免显得太过软弱或缺乏自制。 [夯实基础] (1)语法填空 ①Soon they reached an abandoned(abandon) building,where there once lived an old monk. ②My doctor advised me to abandon smoking(smoke). (2)He abandoned himself to the Internet games and didn’t pass the exam. ①Abandoning himself to the Internet games,he didn’t pass the exam.(用现在分词短语作状语改 写句子) ②Abandoned to the Internet games,he didn’t pass the exam.(用过去分词短语作状语改写句子) 2 preserve v.维护;保留;保存;保护?keep or save?;n.保护区 preserve...from...保护??免受?? be well preserved 保存得很好 in good preservation 处于良好的保存状态 We will do everything to preserve peace. 我们会尽全力维护和平。 Pantanal is one of the world’s great wildlife preserves. 潘塔纳尔是世界上最大的野生动物保护区之一。 [夯实基础]-5- (1)I think these traditional customs should be preserved(应该受到保护). (2)No one could preserve him from(保护他免受) such a fate.He deserved that. (3)―The town is so beautiful!I just love it. ―Me too.The character of the town is well preserved.(保存得很完好) 3 witness v.当场看到,目击;见证?see sth.happen?;为??的证据;n.目击者;证人?a person who sees sth.happen?;证据?evidence? [应试指导] 无生命名词作主语时的写作词汇 a witness to...??的证人?证据? bear/give witness to/against 为??作证;证明 ?a? witness for 作证,为??辩护 witness to doing...为??作证;出庭证明;证实 No witnesses have come forward. 没有目击证人站出来。 [夯实基础] 语法填空 (1)He witnessed to having seen(see) the man enter the room. (2)His good health is a witness to the success of the treatment. (3)The past ten years has witnessed(witness) a boom in economy in my hometown,as a result of which people here are enjoying a far better life than before. 4 occur vi.发生?happen?;存在?exist?;出现;?想法?产生?come into one’s mind? [多词一义] occur,happen,come about,take place-6- sth.occurs to sb.某人突然想起??;某人发生某事 It occurs to sb.that.../to do...某人突然想起?? Didn’t it occur to you that he was lying? 你当时没想到他在撒谎吗? The crash occurred only minutes after the plane took off. 空难在飞机起飞几分钟后就发生了。 [思考题] 表示“某人想起??”的短语还有:sth.strike/hit sb.,sb.hit/strike on sth.,e to sb.等。 [夯实基础] 语法填空 (1)An idea occurred to me. (2)An idea came to/into my mind. (3)I hit/struck on an idea. (4)It suddenly occurred to me that I hadn’t locked my door. 5 loss n.遗失,丢失;丧失;损失;亏损 at a loss 不知所措,困惑 be lost in 陷入?? lose v.丢失;损失,丧失 lose face 丢脸,lose weight 减肥 He was at a loss what to do.他对做什么不知所措。 He is afraid of making mistakes and losing face in public. 他害怕出错在公众面前丢脸。 [夯实基础] 用 lose 的适当形式填空 (1)Today we have chat rooms,text messaging,emailing...but we seem to be losing the art of communicating face to face. (2)Even the best writers sometimes find themselves lost for words. (3)Listening to loud music at rock concerts has caused hearing loss in some teenagers. (4)He enjoyed his music,lost in happiness. 6 burst v. 爆炸;爆裂 (to break apart) ;胀开 (to break open);冲,闯;突然出现 (appear suddenly);n.突发;爆破;爆裂 burst ?break? into+n. 突然爆发;闯入 burst ?break? out doing...突然开始做?? burst in 突然冲入-7- burst forth 迸发 Last night the room was burst into but nothing was taken away. 昨晚有人闯入房间但没有带走任何东西。 [图解助记][夯实基础] Hearing the news,John burst into tears. Hearing the news,John burst out crying.(用 v.ing 形式改写句子) 7 significance n.重要性;意义;含义 [应试指导] 作为高级词汇替换 importance be of great significance=be very significant 非常重要 be of no significance 无意义/不重要 the significance of...??的重要性/含义 significantly adv.有重大意义地;意味深长地. Few people realized the significance of the discovery. 很少有人意识到这一发现的重要性。 He smiled significantly at his students. 他意味深长地对他的学生笑了。 [夯实基础] Innovation in car design is very significant. Innovation in car design is of great significance.(用“be+of+名词”结构改写句子) 8 discourage vt.使泄气,使灰心 [多词一义] discourage sb.from doing...,prevent sb.from doing...,keep sb.from doing...,stop sb.from doing... discourage sb.from doing sth.劝/阻止/不鼓励某人做某事 discouraged adj.泄气的,沮丧的,灰心丧气的 discouraging adj.令人泄气的,令人沮丧的 discouragement n.劝阻;泄气,使人泄气的事,挫折,气馁 encourage v.?反义词?鼓励;激励;促进 encourage sb.to do...鼓励某人做?? encouraging adj.令人鼓舞的 encouragement n.鼓舞;鼓励-8- courage n.勇气 I knew that nothing would ever discourage him;he would never give up wanting to be a director. 我知道没有什么会使他灰心,他永远也不会放弃想成为一名导演的愿望。(湖南,24) [夯实基础] (1)用 discourage 的适当形式填空 ①If you meet with any difficulty in your study,don’t be discouraged. ②The examination result is discouraging. ③Let’s start a campaign to discourage smoking among the teenagers! (2)He was discouraged by the unsuccessful attempt and decided to give it up. Discouraged by the unsuccessful attempt,he decided to give it up.(用过去分词短语作状语改写句 子) 9 eager adj.热切的;渴望的 be eager to do...渴望做?? be eager for...急于得到?? be eager that...热切地希望?? only too eager to do...过于迫切地想做?? Robert was eager to talk about the life in the army. 罗伯特很想谈谈他的陆军生活。 She is so eager for success. 她太渴望成功了。 [特别提醒] (1)表达“急切/盼望(做)……”的短语还有:be anxious for/to do...,long for,be greedy for,be hungry for,be dying for/to do...,be thirsty for,be keen on/to do...等。 (2)too eager to do...急于做某事??,而非“太着急而不能做??”。 [词义辨析] anxious,eager anxious 是“渴望的,急于”的意思,侧重于对结果感到不安。 eager 也是“渴望的,急于”的意思,指对成功的期望或对做某事的渴望。 [夯实基础] (1)用 eager,anxious 填空 ①He is still absent,so I am quite anxious about his health. ②She is eager for her parents’ approval. (2)He was eager to see the film,so he finished dinner quickly and hurried off. Eager to see the film,he finished dinner quickly and hurried off.(用形容词短语作状语改写句子)-9- 1 in a way 有几分;从某种意义上讲,从某方面来说;在某种程度上?to some extent;up to a certain point? [应试指导] (1)way 前面冠词的使用 all the way 一路上;完全地 by way of 经由;途经 in the way 挡路 on the way 在路上 in no way 绝不?Z于句首句子用倒装? in this way 用这种方法 In this way,I can not only work it out but also improve my ability to overcome problems all by myself. 用这种方法,我不但解决了问题而且提高了独立克服困难的能力。(安徽? 书面表达) [夯实基础] (1)用 way 的相关短语填空 ①We can allow such a thing to continue in no way. ②You will soon receive the parcel for it is on the way. ③You can solve this problem only in this way. (2)按照要求改写句子 ①In no way can we allow such a thing to continue.(将上题句①变为倒装句) ②Only in this way can you solve this problem.(将上题句③变为倒装句) 2 hold up举起;支撑起;耽搁;抢劫 [应试指导] hold 短语语境词义辨析 hold back 阻挡;抑制;克制;控制 hold on to 抓住;保留 hold out 伸出;维持;给予希望;使有可能 hold on?电话用语?别挂断,等一下;坚持;紧紧抓住 hold down 控制;保持 The moment you think about giving up,think of the reason why you hold on so long. 每当你想放弃的时候,想一想你坚持这么久的原因。 What else held back stocks yesterday? 还有哪些因素抑制了昨日股市的表现? (2)in no way 置于句首的倒装- 10 - [夯实基础] 用 hold 短语的适当形式填空 (1)The roof is held up by wood. (2)Doctors hold out little hope of her recovering. (3)The government took a series of measures to hold down prices. 3 count on/upon (=depend/rely on/upon)依赖,依靠 [多词一义] (1)count,consider,regard,judge,matter (2)count on,depend on,rely on count vi.认为,算作;重要;vt.数数;包括 count...in 把??包括在内 count...out 不包括 count sb./sth.as/to be...认为某人/物?? count up ?=add up?把??加起来 Few people can count on having a job for life. 几乎没有人能指望一辈子都干一个工作。 If you are going out tonight you’ll have to count me out. 假如你们今晚要出去,就别把我算在内。 [夯实基础] 语法填空 (1)I’m counting on you to help me. (2)I hear you’re organizing a trip to the game next week?Count me in! (3)Will you please count up these figures for me? 4 figure out弄懂;计算 [应试指导] 作为高级词汇替换 understand [多词一义] figure out,work out,settle,solve figure n.数字;身材;体形;人物;v.计算;认为 keep one’s figure 保持体形 I can’t figure out why he quit his job. 我琢磨不透他为什么要辞掉工作。 Don’t worry we’ll figure something out. 别担心,我们会找到办法解决的。 [夯实基础] (1)写出下列句子中 figure 的汉语意思 ①She has a good figure.身材- 11 - ②By 2014,this figure had risen to 14 million.数字 ③Chairman Mao is an important political figure.人物 (2)语法填空 ①Figuring(figure) that he is sure to come,we have been waiting for him. ②Having figured(figure) out the final total number,they were satisfied with the result. 5 end up(多指出乎意料地)最终处于,(以??)告终(in sth.);最终(成为??)(as sth.);最终 (做??)(doing);以??结尾(with sth.);结果为?? [多词一义] end up with,end up in,finish,accomplish,complete bring/put...to an end 使??终止 on end 竖着,直立着;连续地 make ends meet 使收支相抵 come to an end 结束 at an end 结束;终止 After a luxurious life,he ended up in poverty. 他过了一段奢侈的生活后,最终变得穷困潦倒。 [夯实基础] (1)We were planning to go out,but ended up watching a football game at home (在家看足球赛). (2)The young couple seemed very happy,but they ended up getting divorced/in divorce (离婚). 6 put up with忍受,容忍?tolerate;stand;bear;live with? [应试指导] put 短语的语境词义辨析 put forward 提出 put through 给??接通电话?to sb.?;做完,完成;使经受?痛苦? put aside 把??搁一边;积蓄 put away 收起;存钱;把??放回原处 put in 投入;安装;插话 as sb.puts it 按照某人的说法 How do you put up with that woman? 你怎么能受得了那个女人? She has a few thousand dollars put away for her retirement. 她为退休生活积攒了几千元钱。 [夯实基础] 用 put 短语的适当形式填空 (1)He has put forward new peace proposals. (2)We should put aside our differences and discuss the things we have in common.- 12 - (3)Hello.Could you please put me through to Mr.Brown?1 Now that Helen understood the key to language,she was very eager to learn more and use it as much as she could.既然海伦理解了语言之谜,她非常渴望学习更多的词语并且尽可能 多地使用它们。 句型公式:Now that... now that 既然,由于,是连词词组,引导原因状语从句,表示明显的原因或既成的事实。口语 中 that 常可省略。 其他表示原因的连词或介词: because 因为?语气较重,常用于回答 why 的疑问? since 因为;既然?可与 now that 互换? as 因为?语气较弱? for 因为?并列连词,引导一个分句,不能Z于句首,表示进一步补充说明? due to,because of,on account of,owing to,thanks to,as a result of 等 Now that the children know,we can tell everyone else. 既然孩子们知道了,我们就可以告诉其他人了。 [夯实基础] 语法填空 (1)Now that/Since you’re here,why not have a drink? (2)Since it is late I shall go home now. (3)The school was moved out of downtown as the number of students had grown too large. (4)It must have rained last night,for the ground is wet. 2 Her words puzzled me very much because I did not then understand anything unless I touched it.她的话使我感到非常困惑,因为那时我若不用手触摸就什么都不理解。 句型公式:...unless...- 13 - (1)unless 除非;如果不,引导一个肯定的条件状语从句,从句有时可与 if...not 引导的否定状 语从句互换。 (2)unless 引导的条件状语从句常用一般现在时表示将来意义,主句多用一般将来时。 (3)在 unless 引导的条件状语从句中,主语和部分谓语有时可以省略。 Unless you are trying to lose weight to please yourself,it’s going to be hard to keep your motivation level high. 除非减肥是为了悦己,否则很难保持积极性。 [夯实基础] (1)I want you to keep working unless I tell you to stop. I want you to keep working if I don’t tell you to stop.(用 if 从句改写句子) (2)要是不能额外弄一些钱,剧院将要关闭。(翻译句子) Unless some extra money is found,the theatre will close. 3 单元语法 ――语法填空 (1)There was nothing left of the town.The earthquake of the previous year had destroyed(destroy) it completely. (2)We were late.When we arrived,the show had started(start). (3)When the guard had inspected(inspect) the bag,he handed(hand) it back to Mark. (4)My bike is broken.I’ll have it repaired(repair). (5)I’ll try my best to get my work finished(finish) as soon as possible.高考题组 Ⅰ.短文改错(2013? 新课标全国Ⅱ) The book I’m reading of talks about afternoon tea in Britain.It is said to have started in the early 1800’s.Have tea in the late afternoon provides a bridge between lunch and dinner, that might not be served until 8 o’clock at night.This custom soon becomes another meal of day.Interesting,it had a connection by the British porcelain(瓷器) industry.Tea in China was traditionally drank from cups without handles.When tea got popular in Britain,there was a crying need for good cup with handles to suit British habits.This made for the grow in the porcelain industry. 答案 The book I’m reading of talks about afternoon tea in Britain.It is said to have started in the early Have that 1800’s. tea in the late afternoon provides a bridge between lunch and dinner, might Having which- 14 - not be served until 8 o’clock at night.This custom soon day.becomes ∧ another meal of the becameInteresting by ,it had a connection the British porcelain(瓷器) industry.Tea in China was Interestingly with/to drank from cups without handles.When tea got popular in Britain,there was a crying drunk cup grow with handles to suit British habits.This made for the in the porcelain cups growthtraditionallyneed for good industry.Ⅱ.写作常用句翻译 1.听到这里,全班同学大笑起来,我同桌的脸变红了。(burst)(2013? 湖北? 短文写作) Hearing this,the whole class burst into laughter/out laughing and my deskmate’s face turned red. 2.为了鼓励学生进行户外锻炼,学校组织在 4 月 10 日爬山。(encourage)(2013? 江西? 书面表达) In order to encourage the students to take outdoor exercise , our school organized a mountainclimbing on April 10. 3.林肯被认为是世界上最鼓舞人心的人物之一。(figure)(2012? 浙江? 书面表达) Lincoln is regarded as one of the most inspiring figures in the world. 模拟题组 Ⅰ.语法填空 1.You will never gain success unless you are fully devoted to your work. 2.Mrs.Smith finds it hard to clear up the mess,as her children are always in the way whenever she tries to. 3.Peter had intended to take a job in business, but abandoned (abandon) that plan after the unpleasant experience in Canada in 2010. 4.It suddenly occurred to him that he had left his keys in the office. 5.―Peter,where did you guys go for the summer vacation? ―We had been (be) busy with our work for months,so we went to the beach to relax ourselves. 6.―My father is coughing heavily. ―You’d better discourage him from smoking (smoke).It’s bad for his health. 7.We are encouraged to make (make) good use of our farmland. 8.Now that you’ve got a chance,you might as well make full use of it. 9.It took me a long time before I was able to fully appreciate what they had done (do) for me. 10.The past ten years has witnessed (witness) a boom in economy in my hometown,as a result of which people here are enjoying a far better life than before. Ⅱ.单句改错 1.Having abandoned to the computer games,he became hopeless.abandoned 后加上 himself 2.He witnessed to have seen the man take away the book.have→having- 15 - 3.How did this occur to him that he got lost on his way back home?this→it 4.At that time he was really at loss for words.loss 前加上 a 5.Discouraging completely,he decided to give it up.Discouraging→Discouraged 6.He rushed back to the classroom,eagerly to know the result.eagerly→eager 7.Of the two,I prefer a former one.a→the 8.This war has caused widespread human suffered.suffered→suffering 9.Text messages have exploded in popularity in recent years , particular among young people.particular→particularly 10.One Friday,we were packing to leave for a weekend away while my daughter heard cries for help.while→when Ⅲ.写作句式升级训练 1.We can’t imagine the future life without phones.(素材来源于 2014? 重庆? 写作一) We can’t imagine what life would be like if there weren’t phones.(用 what 从句及 if 虚拟句改写 句子) 2.We all know the saying that a life without a friend is a life without sun.(素材来源于 2014? 重庆? 写 作一) As the saying goes,“A life without a friend is a life without sun.”(用 as 引导的非限制性定语从 句改写句子)Ⅰ.阅读理解 A With more than 10,000 plants,the 68ft “living wall” near Victoria station will collect rainwater which falls onto the roof of the building and use it to nourish the plants.The result will be an eyecatching garden which brightens up the popular tourist route,near the Rubens at the Palace Hotel,and stops it from flooding. Containing more than 20 seasonal plant species, the wall required 16 tons of soil and will be capable of storing up to 10,000 litres of water.The project,backed by London Mayor Boris Johnson,was launched with the aim of dealing with a key environmental challenge in London. According to the Environment Agency,there are around 534,000 properties in London on the Thames flood plain and one in four are at risk of flooding.This is partly due to the low absorbency of urban surfaces. Matthew Pencharz, the Mayor’s Advisor for Environment and Energy, said, “London has plenty of trees,parks,gardens and increasing numbers of living roofs,which can increase resilience(适应- 16 - 力) to extreme weather.The Mayor is encouraging more green programs like the living wall to make sure London can continue to compete, not only as the greenest city in Europe, but as the best city on the earth.” A similar living wall was built in Islington in 2005 but ended in disappointment after the watering system failed and all the plants died. At that time critics accused the council of wasting 100,000 of taxpayers’ money on a “green extravagance(奢侈品)”.The Victoria project is believed to be the largest of its kind in the country. Ruth Duston, CEO of Victoria BID, said, “Building the living wall has a longterm positive impact on the environment.It delivers a model of best practice for London.” The flowers have been chosen to ensure the wall is in bloom all year round,attracting wildlife such as birds,butterflies and bees. Armando Raish,managing director of Treebox,said, “Due to the variety of plants,we expect the living wall to significantly increase the number and variety of bugs and bees in this part of Victoria.” 1.The “living wall” was designed to A.display some unusual plants B.prevent flooding when it rains C.store rainwater for the citizens D.attract more tourists to London 答案 B 解析 细节理解题。根据第一段的内容可知,这道种植植物的墙建在维多利亚火车站附近, .目的是用雨水浇这些植物,预防伦敦市区泛滥成灾。 2.The underlined word “backed” in Paragraph 2 probably can be replaced by A.criticized C.supported 答案 C 解析 词义猜测题。从第四段中伦敦市长顾问的话 “The Mayor is encouraging more green B.constructed D.rejected .programs like the living wall to make sure...”中可以推断出,市长对该项目的态度是支持的。画 线的单词 back 意为“支持”,可被 support 代替。criticize 批评;construct 建造;reject 拒绝。 3.Why are 25% of the buildings on the Thames flood plain at risk of flooding? A.Because the buildings are near the river. B.Because it rains heavily all the year round. C.Because there are few trees and plants in London. D.Because the ground doesn’t absorb much rainwater.- 17 - 答案 D 解析 细节理解题。根据第三段的内容可知,在伦敦市的泰晤士河的洪泛区,有大约 534 000 处房产,其中的四分之一面临被淹的危险。部分原因是城市地表的吸收能力低。 4.Which would be the best title of the text? A.A Beautiful Garden City B.London’s Living Wall of Green C.More Species in Central London D.Greative Way to Fight Flooding 答案 B 解析 标题归纳题。本文向读者介绍了英国伦敦市治理雨水泛滥的新举措,建造一道种植植物的墙。故选 B 项。 B A postgraduate student in France took to his microblog to complain about having to do shopping for relatives and friends. The microblog post has drawn wide attention on the Internet and many students said they were tired of shopping for friends in China as it was interfering with their studies.“I am a postgraduate student,not a professional purchaser,” said the student in France,identified as Li Yuandong. As a science student,Li said,“I am not a fashion expert,I am a scientist,but I know about the latest items of Louis Vuittion and I can distinguish various types of perfume,nail polish,and face lotion.” Li’s story drew heated discussion on the Internet among other students studying abroad. “This is so typical.Mine is worse because I live in a village far away from Paris.It takes me hours to get to Galleries Lafayette,but I have to go there every week.” “I don’t know how much money I have spent on train tickets,but nobody seems to care,” a girl,identified by her Internet name of Jarlay121,said. Another student studying in Britain said that once her cousin asked her to buy 20 packs of diapers(尿 片),two toilet lids and a bumper(缓冲器) for a Toyota car. “Every time I am at the airport,I hold up the queue at security checks and I have to pay extra money for overweight packages.I cannot ask them to pay for that because they are all my relatives and friends,” said a Shenzhen girl name Zhu Jingtong.Zhu is now studying in the United States. Although some students make money from shopping for those in China,many others would rather spend more time studying and enjoying life in another country. “It is risky because we may be charged for avoiding taxes or even smuggling(走私).Once I was scared because I had five iPhones for my relatives in my luggage.If customs had caught me,I could have got into a lot of trouble,” Zhu said.- 18 - 5.The main reason why some students were tired of shopping is that A.they don’t like shopping frequently B.their studies are interfered by too much shopping C.they have to pay extra money for overweight packages D.they have to spend a lot of money on train tickets 答案 B.解析 细节理解题。 由第二段第一句中的“it was interfering with their studies”可知海外留学生 们厌倦替亲友购物的最主要原因是学业受到了影响,故选 B。 6.Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the passage? A.Customs can charge those who avoid taxes or smuggle goods. B.Not all students make money from shopping for their relatives or friends. C.The students will be paid back if they pay extra money for overweight packages. D.Some of the goods can’t be bought where the students live. 答案 C 解析 推理判断题。由最后一段可知 A 正确;由倒数第二段可知 B 正确;由第五段可知 D 正 确;由倒数第三段可知,由于超重而自己付的钱是无法向亲友开口要的,故选 C。 7.It can be inferred from the passage that some students studying abroad A.have to shop for others though they don’t want to B.have to pay for shopping for others C.have to avoid taxes for shopping D.have to be checked if packages are overweighed 答案 A 解析 推理判断题。根据文章内容可知,海外的留学生帮国内亲友购物这一事情已经给他们 .带来了困扰,尽管他们不愿意这样做,但也开不了口拒绝。故选 A 项。 8.What would be the best title for the passage? A.Life with Too Much Shopping B.A Foreign Student’s Microblog C.Overseas Students Tired of Shopping D.Shopping in Foreign Countries 答案 C 解析 标题归纳题。由全文内容可知,本文讲述的是海外留学生为国内亲友购物的相关情况及他们对这件事情的厌烦和苦恼。 Ⅱ.完形填空 Last year,my daughter came up with a business plan to set up an art gallery.She had thought about- 19 - the9for years.The cost of leasing(租)a space was well beyond her10 ,but after several 11 . 13 to themonths of effort,she found a backer who was willing to invest the money to get her She was so 12 ! After finding the perfect space, she began working on her goalssmallest details.She was finally on the road to achieving her dream.Then,just before she was to 14 the lease agreement,a mule(顽固的人)stepped out.Her backer 16 15 the deal.Without thefinances, there would be no art gallery, and after a long 17 in the face of the mule.for another backer she was ready toBefore the mule had exhausted all her energy and vision, she began18on her goal, which was 19 to let her hostto start an art show business.A friend of hers owns a popular nightclub and an art show at the club on a weekend night.After a tremendous job of creative first show and completely packed out the club. It was a great20 ,she held her21 .She recently finished her third standingroomonly show,and is well on her 22 the expense of leasing a permanent 23 for a major expense andway to building a successful art show businessgallery.Going around the mule,she found she could get rid of theat the same time take advantage of the nightclubs.Today she’s more fired up about her goal than ever,and 25 26 24 that the mule turned out to be a blessing in disguise.to recognize the real mules and go around them.It’s often difficult to spot a mule when it the road to your goal.Unexpected obstacles often get in the 28 them. 27 ,and generally withcreativity and determination you can successfully 9.A.dream C.duty 答案 A B.lesson D.appointment解析 由前面一句和第二段“She was finally on the road to achieving her dream.”可知举办一个 艺术展是“我”女儿的梦想。 10.A.arrival C.interest 答案 B 解析 开艺术展要租地方, 但昂贵的租金, 女儿支付不起。 beyond one’s means 表示“支付不起”, 符合语境。 11.A.employed C.started 答案 C 解析 幸运的是女儿找到了一位投资者,他愿意资助女儿开启(start)艺术展。 12.A.confused C.shocked B.proud D.excited- 20 -B.means D.touchB.separated D.trained 答案 D 解析 现在有人赞助,女儿非常兴奋(excited)。 13.A.up C.under 答案 B 解析 有了资金支持,女儿开始致力于自己的目标,甚至具体到最小的细节。此处用 down。 14.A.sign C.receive 答案 A 解析 由本空后的 the lease agreement 判断,她马上要签(sign)租赁协议。 15.A.got rid of C.caught up with 答案 B 解析 由下句的 Without the finances 可知,赞助者没有履行协议。back out of 不履行……,符 合句意。get rid of 去除,除掉;catch up with 追上,赶上;give way to 让路,让步。 16.A.performance C.search 答案 C 解析 没有了赞助商的资金支持,要想再办艺术展,她就得再找(search)一位赞助者。 17.A.set off C.turn up 答案 D 解析 面对这样一个障碍,她几乎要放弃了(give up)。 18.A.depending C.refocusing 答案 C 解析 由下文可知,面对摆在眼前的障碍,作者的女儿没有选择放弃,而是重新专注于自己 B.feeding D.spending B.calm down D.give up B.criticism D.preparation B.backed out of D.gave way to B.print D.write B.down D.over的目标。 19.A.continued C.offered 答案 C 解析 女儿的一个朋友自己开着一家夜总会,朋友愿意(offered)让她在夜总会举办艺术展。 20.A.drawing C.looking B.planning D.playing B.pretended D.afforded- 21 - 答案 B 解析 她要举办艺术展,这个机会又这么难得,所以她得精心计划(planning)。 21.A.idea C.defeat 答案 D 解析 根 据 前 文 的 “packed out the club” 和 接 下 来 的 “She recently finished her third B.agreement D.successstandingroomonly show...”可知,她一举成功(success)。 22.A.within C.without 答案 C 解析 她的艺术展很成功,而且还不用(without)花租赁展览场地的费用。 23.A.order C.tradition 答案 D 解析 由上句可知,在与那个顽固的人打交道的过程中,她发现自己根本不需要(need)花一大 笔钱去租地方,而是可以充分利用夜总会。 24.A.realizes C.supposes 答案 A 解析 本空后就是她在这个过程中意识到的:正是那个极其顽固之人反而让她因祸得福。 25.A.Help C.Expect 答案 B 解析 由作者女儿的奋斗过程可知,我们要学会(learn)辨认那些顽固之人,绕过他们,继续我 们的目标。 26.A.blocks C.approaches 答案 A 解析 这些顽固的人会阻碍(blocks)我们的成功之路。 27.A.battle C.town 答案 D 解析 上句 road 有提示。在我们的人生之路(way)上,经常会有预想不到的障碍。 28.A.forget B.equip B.yard D.way B.crosses D.stops B.Learn D.Ask B.prays D.imagines B.rule D.need B.at D.for- 22 - C.move 答案 CD.create解析 只要我们开动脑筋,下定决心,我们就一定能成功地把这些障碍排除(move)。 Ⅲ.写作素材(关于人物描述) 提示:黑体部分用本单元词汇表达,并且请使用 who 引导的定语从句,what’s more 等表达。 29.玛丽的堂弟是个固执、坦率的人。他渴望学习和扩充自己的知识。 Mary’s cousin is a stubborn and straightforward man,who is eager to learn and expand his knowledge. 30.为了获得成功,他能忍受各种各样的苦难。 In order to achieve success,he can put up with all kinds of hardships. 31.而且,他想在一个特定的领域取得重大突破。 What’s more,he wants to make a big breakthrough in a specific area. 32.他是个令人钦佩的人。 He is an admirable person.- 23 -
2016届高三北师大版英语大一轮复习文档:Book 6 Unit 16 Stories_高三英语_英语_高中教育_教育专区。1.abandon vt.放弃,遗弃;n.放任,放纵 2.come into view ...【步步高 北师大版】2016届高三一轮英语大一轮复习文档 选修7 Unit 21 Human Biology_英语_高中教育_教育专区。1.abuse vt.&n.滥用 2.fundamental adj.根本的;...【步步高 北师大版】2016届高三一轮英语大一轮复习文档 选修8 Unit 23 Conflict_英语_高中教育_教育专区。1.betray vt.出卖,背叛 2.hand over 把??交给 3....【步步高 北师大版】2016届高三一轮英语大一轮复习文档 选修7 Unit 19 Language...? 书面表达) Equally attractive are the success stories of worldfamous ...【步步高 北师大版】2016届高三一轮英语大一轮复习文档 选修8 Unit 24 Society_英语_高中教育_教育专区。1.govern vt.统治,管理 2.accumulate v.积累 3.vacant...暂无评价|0人阅读|0次下载|举报文档【步步高 北师大版】2016届高三一轮英语大一轮复习(导学案)Book 2 Unit 6 Design_英语_高中教育_教育专区。Book 2 Unit 6...【步步高 北师大版】2016届高三一轮英语大一轮复习文档 必修3 Unit 9 Wheels_...6. Tom addicted (addict) to the Internet failed in the exam. - 16 - ...【步步高 北师大版】2016届高三一轮英语大一轮复习文档 必修5 Unit 14 Careers...组成,构成 (2)I think it’s very unkind of you to make up stories ...暂无评价|0人阅读|0次下载|举报文档【步步高 北师大版】2016届高三一轮英语大一轮复习文档 必修4 Unit 10 Money_英语_高中教育_教育专区。1.put off 推迟 2....【步步高 北师大版】2016届高三一轮英语大一轮复习文档 必修5 Unit 13 People_英语_高中教育_教育专区。1.gain vt.获得;增加 2.previous adj.以前的,过去的 3...
All rights reserved Powered by
copyright &copyright 。文档资料库内容来自网络,如有侵犯请联系客服。}

我要回帖

更多关于 i can only imagine 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信