语法分析:Open a window, would you like a pie?

商务英语BEC初级考试题型解析
商务英语BEC初级考试题型解析
  不读书则愚,不思考则浅,不多练则生,不巧用则钝。学习除了要努力认真,还要学会巧学巧思,以下是小编为大家搜索整理商务英语BEC,希望大家能有所收获,更多精彩内容请及时关注我们应届毕业生网!
  Further contact
  Social English 2
  1. Listening A Responding appropriately in social situations is an important part of communication. Below is an example of an appropriate and an inappropriate response.
  Appropriate response:A: Can I come in? B: Yes, of course.
  Inappropriate response:A: Can I come in? B: Really? How interesting.
  On the tape you will hear a number of responses. Decide whether the responses you hear are appropriate Y or not N. The first one has been done for you.
  1. (Y) 2. ( ) 3. ( ) 4. ( ) 5. ( )
  6. ( ) 7. ( ) 8. ( ) 9. ( ) 10. ( )
  11. ( ) 12. ( ) 13. ( ) 14. ( ) 15. ( )
  B Now listen again. This time all the responses are appropriate.
  Listening Task
  1. Thanks for the lovely evening. Glad you enjoyed it.
  2. How about a drink? Don't mention it.
  3. Do you mind if I smoke? Yes, I do.
  4. Could you hand me that pen? Of course. Here you are.
  5. My father died last night. Oh, I am sorry to hear that.
  6. Have a good weekend. So do I.
  7. Thanks for your help. Never mind.
  8. I'm sorry, I must have got the wrong number. It doesn't matter.
  9. Best of luck in your new job. Not at all.
  10. He's 95, you know! Really?
  11. I think we should leave now. So do I.
  12. We've had a very good year. I'm glad to hear that.
  13. Can I ask you a question? Don't mention it.
  14. Would you like to go to a concert this evening? Yes, I'd love to.
  15. I didn't get the job. That's true.
  Answers to the listening task
  1. Y 2. N 3. N 4. Y 5. Y
  6. N 7. N 8. Y 9. N 10. Y
  11. Y 12. Y 13. N 14. Y 15. N
  Appropriate responses
  1. Thanks for the lovely evening. Glad you enjoyed it.
  2. How about a drink? That would be nice.
  3. Do you mind if I smoke? No, of course not.
  4. Could you hand me that pen? Of course. Here you are.
  5. My father died last night. Oh, I am sorry to hear that.
  6. Have a good weekend. You too.
  7. Thanks for your help. Your are welcome.
  8. I'm sorry, I must have got the wrong number. It doesn't matter.
  9. Best of luck in your new job. Thanks very much.
  10. He's 95, you know! Really?
  11. I think we should leave now. So do I.
  12. We've had a very good year. I'm glad to hear that.
  13. Can I ask you a question? Yes, of course.
  14. Would you like to go to a concert this evening? Yes, I'd love to.
  15. I didn't get the job. Never mind. Better luck next time.
  2. Presentation Polite responses can be grouped into several categories. This section gives examples of different situations and tells you what you can say.
  (1) Situation
  Thanking
  Thanks for your help.
  Thanks for the lovely meal.
  Response
  Not at all.
  You're welcome.
  Glad you liked/enjoyed it.
  (2) Situation
  Apologizing
  Sorry, I must have got the wrong number.
  Response
  It doesn't matter.
  Don't worry.
  Never mind.
  (3) Situation
  Inviting
  Would you like to come to dinner?
  How about a drink?
  Response
  Yes, I'd like/love to.
  That would be nice.
  That's a good idea.
  (4) Situation
  Asking permission
  If the answer is 'yes'
  May I come in?
  Do you mind if I smoke?
  If the answer is 'no'
  Do you mind if I smoke?
  Response
  Yes, of course.
  Please do.
  Certainly.
  No, of course not.
  No, not at all.
  Well. Actually, I'd prefer you didn't /not to.
  I'd rather you didn't.
  (5) Situation
  Giving news
  Bad news
  I didn't get that job.
  My father died last night.
  Good news
  We've had a fantastic year.
  Surprising news
  She's 99 years old, you know.
  Response
  Never mind. Better luck next time.
  Oh, I am sorry to hear that.
  I'm glad to hear that.
  Congratulations.
  Really?
  (6) Situation
  Agreeing
  I think we should leave now.
  I hope it doesn't rain.
  Response
  So do I.
  I hope so too.
  Me too.
  (7) Situation
  Giving good wishes
  Have a good weekend.
  Response
  You too.
  Same to you.
  3. Controlled practice
  Write down an appropriate response. The first one has been down for you.
  1.A:We lost the match.
  B:Never mind. Better luck next time.
  2.A:Do you mind if I open the window?
  3.A:Would you like to go to a concert this evening?
  4.A:Sorry, I interrupted you.
  5.A:Could you pass me the file?
  6.A:I hope he gets the job.
  7.A:Have a good Christmas.
  8.A:She's only 22 and she's already head of the Sales Department.
  9.A:I think it's going to rain.
  10.A:Thanks. That was a delicious meal.
  11.A:My car broke down again this morning.
  12.A:Can I see you for a moment?
  13.A:How about something to eat?
  14.A:You must come round for dinner.
  15.A:I'm sorry. I've taken the wrong file.
  Note: There are other appropriate answers.
  1. Never mind. Better luck next time.
  2. No, of course not.
  3. Yes, I'd love/like to.
  4. It doesn't matter/Don't worry/Never mind.
  5. Of course. Here you are.
  6. So do I / Me too/ I hope so too.
  7. You too/ Same to you.
  8. Really?
  9. Me too/ So do I / I think so too.
  10. Glad you liked / enjoyed it.
  11. I am sorry to hear that / Hard luck.
  12. Yes, of course/ Certainly.
  13. That would be nice/ That's a good idea.
  14. I'd love / like to.
  15. Don't worry/ Never mind / It doesn't matter.
  课文注释及词汇讲解
  * exchange 交换,交流
  e.g. An exchange of views 交换意见
  * thanks of (doing) sth. 为&&而感谢
  e.g. Thanks for the lovely dinner.谢谢你的款待。
  Thank you for your letter date July 18th. 谢谢你7月18号的来信。
  * mind 介意,在意
  e.g. Do you mind if I smoke? 你介意我吸烟吗?
  注意:
最新考试资讯
NO.1 【湖南科技大学简介】 湖南科技大学(Hunan University of Science and Technology)位于湖南省湘潭...&>&&>&新闻报道中的语法隐喻分析
新闻报道中的语法隐喻分析 投稿:覃酋酌
第29卷 第1期 湖北广播电视大学学报 Vol.29, No.1 2009年1月 Journal of HuBei TV University January. ~119新闻报道中的语法隐喻分析钱蓉蓉,梅晶晶(扬州大学 外国语学院,…
鉴赏古代诗歌中的人物形象教案 教学目标:1、了解常见诗歌的人物形象类型。2、学会鉴赏人物形象的方法。3、掌握解答诗歌人物形象鉴赏题的答题步骤。教学重难点:掌握人物形象类题型的解题技巧教学时数:一课时教学过程:一、考点分析(教师结合高考考点进行分析)1…
学生会竞选自荐书尊敬的领导:您好!非常感谢您在百忙之中抽出时间阅读本人的自荐书,这对一个学子而言,将是一个莫大的鼓励。相信您在给予我一个机会的同时,您也多一份选择!在即将换届之际,在此呈上自荐信息,特毛遂自荐,愿意接受团学的考核与挑选。我是总院学习…
湖北广播电视大学学报
Vol.29, No.1 2009年1月
Journal of HuBei TV University
January. ~119
新闻报道中的语法隐喻分析
钱蓉蓉,梅晶晶
(扬州大学
外国语学院,江苏
[内容提要]
从功能语言学的角度,新闻报道中包含大量的语法隐喻,解读新闻报道中的语法隐喻能加深对文章的理解。本文从功能语言学的角度分析新闻报道中的隐喻现象如概念隐喻和人际隐喻,指出其在篇章中的作用。
功能语言学;新闻报道;隐喻
[中图分类号]
[文献标识码]
[文章编号]
一、系统功能语言学对语法隐喻的研究
系统功能语言学认为语言是一个社会意义系统,意义是理论语按旧的核心问题(Halliday)。因此语言学家研究的不是词的意义,相反他们研究的是一个词或句的社会意义。功能语法对语法隐喻的研究始于韩礼德。他在1985年的《功能语法导论》一书中专门讨论了语法隐喻的问题。外部世界的各种物质或事件可称作“外部事实”,外部事实在人脑中的反映称作“概念语义”,体现概念语义的词汇和语法形式称作“表达形式”。本体和喻体的关系实际上是相同或相似的外部事实和不同表达形式之间的关系。词汇方面的比喻表现在外部实体用不同的词汇来表达。在实际生活中,人们除了用不同的词汇手段外,往往还要动用不同的语法形式来表达相同或相似的外部事实。例:
1997 witnessed the development of China. 在外部事件中,见证人首先是人,他亲眼见证了某事件的发生。和外部事实相似的表达形式应该是:
We witnessed the development of China in 1997.
两句虽然表示的意思相同,都表达了1997年中国的发展,但却用了不同的语法手段。第一句用1997做主语;而后句用we做主语,1997则作了附属语。如果将表达形式和外部事实相似的现象称作语法主体,那么以年份来表达目睹者做主语,是一种偏离外部事实的语法表达形式方面的变异,这种变异可看作是和语法主体相对的喻体,这种语法表达偏
离现象称作“语法隐喻”。功能语言学将词汇语法和语义之间的体现关系分为“一致关系”和“非一致关系”。“一致关系”指语义和语法的自然范畴,人们用动词来表达人类活动或客观事物的过程,而名词体现活动或事物的参加者,而用形容词表达事物的特征。“非一致关系”体现的是语义和语法范畴之间的非自然关系。功能语言学家将人类语言中的“非一致关系”表达称为语法隐喻式表达[3]。各种语法现象是语言不同元功能的具体体现,各种语法形式的变异和语言的三元功能有着密切的关系。为此,语法隐喻和三元功能也有密切的关系。韩礼德(1985) 基于语言的元功能将语法隐喻分作两类:概念隐喻和人际隐喻。概念隐喻包括过程变体和名词化现象;人际隐喻包含情态隐喻和语气隐喻。在报刊英语中出现频率最高的是过程变体以及名词化现象,本文将对其一一讨论。
物质过程、心理过程、关系过程、言语过程、行为过程和存在过程。在概念隐喻中,Halliday认为及物性系统中的各种过程都可以隐喻化,即一个过程可以隐喻为另一个过程。随着过程的转换,与过程有关的功能成分(如参与者、环境因子等)也发生变化,并在词汇语法层面体现为另一个形式[2]。如:
a. They arrived at the village on the second day. 参与者 过程 环境 时间
b. The second day witnessed them at the village. 参与者 过程
例a中on the second day原为表环境的成分,表达的意义符合现实情况,是一致式; 但是在例b中on the second day隐喻成了思维过程的感觉者,因此物质过程隐喻为了心理过程,因此b句是隐喻式。总之, 语法隐喻突出的是功能的思想, 即语法隐喻主要体现在及物性的过程和功能成分的相互隐喻化,
最后才见之于词汇语法层的体现转换 。由此可见功能语法所讲的规划实际上是一个由大量可选项组成的系统。功能决定形式,形式体现于意义,形式不同其意义也就不同,但不同的形式可以表达同一概念意义[4]。在平常生活中,人们习惯于使用“一致式”表达,因为这是我们呀呀学语时首先掌握的表达方式;然而在报刊文体中,出于文体和叙述的需要,记者通常使用“非一致式”过程的变体来吸引读者的眼球。
词汇语法层上最常见的隐喻是名词化。韩礼德将语言的“非一致式”表达称作语法隐喻,它表达语义与语法范畴之间非自然关系,这种“非一致式”表达除了表达过程变体之外,还可以用名词词组表达事物的过程和特征[1]。名词化是将表示过程的动词和表特性的形容词经过隐喻化,使它们不再体现它们本应拥有的功能,相反它们以名词的形式表现实物。如:
They are able to reach the computer——their access to the computer.
Technology is getting better——advances in technology.
名词化通过把小句变为名词,或名词词组,从而使小句
的信息密度增大,表达内容增多。
四、际隐喻
人们使用语言时除了如实地表述主、客观世界外,同时也是为了建立人际关系,确定说话的轮次,对一些事情表示自己的主观判断和评价。这些都是系统功能语法的人际元功
二、概念隐喻中的过程化
Halliday认为人类主客观世界的活动可描写为六个过程:
[收稿日期]
钱蓉蓉,梅晶晶:新闻报道中的语法隐喻分析 119
能。在体现其中一些功能范畴时,我们发现一些语法形式是可以互为隐喻的。
人际功能可以分成语气部分和情态部分。相应地,人际隐喻也分为语气类和情态类两种。我们以“请某人开窗”的请求为例来说明语气类语法隐喻。
(1) Open the window.
(2) I want you to open the window. (3) Will you open the window? (4) Can you open the window?
(5) Would you mind opening the window? (6) Could you possibly open the window?
这六个句子都表达了说话者希望对方能打开窗户。第一句最直接,可为语法主体。从第二句到第六句语义逐渐变得相对间接。根据里奇的礼貌原则表达语义越间接,越显得有礼貌。(2)到(7)句均为语气类语法隐喻形式。情态部分是对语言内容的态度,即对某事件的可能性、经常性或就某人的义务或意愿所表明的态度。表达形式可以是相对主观的或相对客观的,两者还可以分作隐性的和显性的[2]。以可能性表达为
显性: I am sure that John has done it. 隐性: John must have done it. 客观
隐性: John definitely has done it.
显性: It’s certain that John has done it. 人际成分是一种说话者主观的成分,和外部事实有一定距离。所以说,客观性最强的表达方式最接近外部事实,最有资格作为语法主体,而主观性最强的表达形式偏离外部事实最远,最适合作为人际语法隐喻句。上述四句中,显性客观句It’s certain that John has done it离客观事实最近因此它最有资格成为语法主体。而I am certain that John has done it. 为离外部事实最远的人际情态隐喻现象。
五、报刊中的隐喻现象
报刊英语的写作目的决定了报刊英语独特的文体特点,其中语法隐喻是新闻文体的主要特点。本文通过概念隐喻强调新闻里要表达的重点,利用动词名词或名词词组来实现新闻语篇的衔接,调整主谓关系;通过情态隐喻使新闻报道更加客观和真实。
新闻报道中的变体。为强调重点,记者经常选择非一致的过程。选择非一致的过程,一方面可以将所要强调的内容放在最重要的位置,另一方面可以隐藏记者的主观意识,因此可以使文章显得更加客观,更具有说服力。
例如:a.The problem facing TV stations is: despite the high number of shows, it’s very difficult to find productions that they believe the audience would like to watch.(北京周报,2008年6月)
b. The TV stations faces a problem which is despite the high number of shows, it’s very difficult to find productions that they believe the audience would like to watch.
a摘自《北京周报》,b是作者改写的一种比较直白的表达方式。a和b表述了同一概念,但选择了不同的表达方式。从过程的角度看a是b的变体,是隐喻表达方式。为什么新闻英语习惯于绕开一致式表达方式而使用语法隐喻式表达呢?这主要因为隐喻式表达能够加大巨资信息密度,符合新闻文体的需要。在第一个句子中记者选择了强调类型的关系过程来描述一件事件,因为信息密度增大了适合表达信息含量丰富的概念,符合新闻英语的表达需要。总之在新闻英语中概念隐喻的大量使用调整了信息中心,突出重点,增
加了文章的可观程度,形成了新闻英语的特色。
新闻报道中的名词化。Hallidy曾经指出隐喻选择本身是一个有意义的选择,因为所选的隐喻有语意特征,小句名词化后其信息含量增加,经常作为引导新信息的主位出
现在句首[3]
。小句名词化后,信息含量也随之增多,经常作为引导新信息的主位出现在句首。而新闻英语正需要高信息放在主位。
例如: Merck’s decision to withdraw Vioxx cast suspicion on the safety of drugs in that class[3].
Merck has decided to withdraw Vioxx and this made people suspect the safety of drugs.
两个句子表达了同样的意思,但第一个例句是含有名词化的语法隐喻,信息密度较高,而第二个例句是一致性句子信息密度相对而言较低;从主述角度来看,第二个句子有两个主语Merck和this,它们各自有着不同的谓语叙述着不同的事件。前一个句子描述了一个事件而后面的句子是前面一件事发生的结果。然而第一个句子只有一个主语,包含了所有的概念意义;同时它的述位名词化也包含了所有的信息,相比较而言,第一个句子比第二个句子更加逻辑化,信息密度更加紧凑,因此在新闻里名词化的句子相对较多。
新闻报导中的情态隐喻。新闻报导要求客观性,可在报纸中多多少少包含作者的主观情感。语言的情态意义体现
说话人看待某一命题的角度[5]
。当作者直接表达自己对某件事的感受时,他会用直接引语表达;而在描述客观事物时,或多或少的隐藏自己的观点如:
a.In the debates, though, I don’t think there’s any doubt that Kerry won.
b.It is fully justifiable that a country would defend itself when its territorial integrity is threatened.
第一句话是主观性的情态隐喻,表达了说话人的鲜明观点。新闻媒体经常采用这种方式发布观点,提出建议,貌似出自他人之口,其实表达了报道人的情态倾向。而第二句是客观显性的情态隐喻,等同于I believe that a country would defend itself when its territorial integrity is threatened. 这种表达方式即隐含表达了报道者的观点,又隐含包含了作者的主观思想。在我们平常阅读过程中,我们经常会遇见这样类似的句子,因此理解作者的主观思想对我们理解一篇文章起着至关重要的作用。
隐喻成为新闻英语中最为显著的特点,赵德全先生说语篇的难易程度和语法隐喻的多少密不可分,语法隐喻越多,文章所含的意思就越多,因而理解的难度就加深。在文章的连贯程度重,名词化隐喻起了关键性作用;而概念隐喻更让文章显得客观。
[参考文献]
[1] 赵德全,宁志敏. 解读报刊英语中的语法隐喻[J]. 国外外语教学, 2005.
[2] 林敏. 从系统功能角度看新闻标题中的隐喻[J]. 外语艺术教育研究,2008.
[3] 胡壮麟,朱永生,张德禄,李战子. 系统功能语言学概论[M ]. 北京:北京大学出版社,2005 .
[4] 李发根. 小句警言功能与翻译[J]. 外语与外语教学,2004. [5] 周大军. 英语的情态隐喻及其语篇解释力[J]. 四川外语学院学报,2006.
第29卷 第1期 湖北广播电视大学学报 Vol.29, No.1 2009年1月 Journal of HuBei TV University January. ~119新闻报道中的语法隐喻分析钱蓉蓉,梅晶晶(扬州大学 外国语学院,…
本文由()首发,转载请保留网址和出处!
免费下载文档:此示例中导入了主文档,使所有的类型都可用。
This example imports the main document, making all of the types available.
在某些情况下,我直接从XML 将结构复制到主文档(托管HTML)。
In some cases I copy constructs directly from the XML to the main document (the host HTML).
在对话框表单中执行验证检查,因此直到验证完用户数据,用户才能回到主文档,这样处理可能比较方便。
It may be convenient to have your validation checking in the dialog box form so that users cannot get back to the main document until their data has been verified.
该表对所有声明可翻译的元素进行跟踪并在主文档完全进行语法分析后使用。
This table keeps track of all the elements declared as translatable and is used after the main document is fully parsed.
将XML文档分割成一个带翻译标记的主文档和几个语言特定的子文档
Separating your XML document into one main document with translation tags and language-specific subdocuments.
主文档声明一组支持的翻译语言。
The main document declares a set of supported translation languages.
这里的设置与主文档的语法分析十分相似。
The setup here is very similar to the parsing of the main document.
比如,可以使用更高分辨率的徽标而不需要修改主文档。
For example, you can update to a higher-resolution logo without changing the main document.
清单5显示了如何创建主文档以及两个辅助文档。
Listing 5 shows you how to create the primary document and two secondary documents.
除了主文档窗口,您可以打开显示文档层次结构的可导航树窗口。
In addition to the main document window, you can open a navigable tree window that shows the hierarchy of a document.
剩下的是获取在主文档的语法分析阶段期间,存储的信息,并使用它驱动一个单独的阶段以处理每个语言特定的子文档。
What remains is to take the information stored during the parse phase of the main document and use that to drive a separate parse phase to process each language-specific subdocument.
主文档中另一个明显变化是添加了一些与翻译相关的元素和属性。
The other obvious change in the main source document is the addition of some translation-related elements and attributes.
现在,我不仅只维护一个XSLT模板集,而且因为两种输出HTML风格都基于同一主文档,它们现在还共享同一CSS样式表。
Not only do I now have a single set of XSLT templates to maintain, but because both flavors of output HTML are based on the same master document, they now share the same CSS stylesheet.
比如,用户可以选择主文档或者某个依赖文档进行比较。
For example, a user can select either master document or one of the dependent documents to be compared.
当他们完成了编辑,可能会点击分享来讲改变回推给主文档。
Once they are finished editing, they would click share to push those changes back to the master document.
主文档中每个已翻译元素包含特殊的translatedKey属性。
Each translated element in the main document contains the special translatedKey attribute.
现在,您已经了解如何在Web脚本中加载和处理一个独立的XML文件,如何从XML主文档中调用脚本,以及如何从脚本中调用XSLT处理器。
You've now learned how to load and process a separate XML file from a Web script, how to invoke a script from an XML main document, and how to call the XSLT processor from a script.
它建立了数据源和主文档,用户需要按照MicorosoftWord 的常规邮件合并过程输入套用信函和插入字段。
It sets up the data source and main documents; the user then needs to type the form letter and to insert the fields using normal mail merge procedures in Microsoft Word.
使用该页面添加扩展和交换架构、wantlist、子集、样例文档、呈现指令、CMT、UML模型、变更日志及主文档。
You add the extension and exchange schemas, wantlist, subset, sample document, rendering instructions, CMT, UML model, change log, and master documentation using this page.
清单2创建了一个表示有序列表的子树,将HTML主文档作为工厂(factory)来创建节点。
Listing 2 creates a subtree representing an ordered list, using the main HTML document as a factory for creating nodes.
加载了HTML主文档之后,可以使用Ajax更新Web内容而不需要刷新整个网页。
Once you load a master HTML document, you can use Ajax to update Web content without refreshing the whole Web page.
MicrosoftWord主文档将包括静态的部分,比如标题页面,修正历史以及内容表格。
The Microsoft Word master document will contain static parts such as the title page, revision history and the table of contents.
紧接着的步骤就是产生这个报告,然后将它作为主文档的附属文档与主文档合并。
The next step is to generate the report and then incorporate it as an affiliated document of the master document.
在生成这些新的报告之后,将它添加到您的主文档中。
After generating this new report, add it to your master document.
等到契约的六条主要条款(全部都是抽象的名词)和更多的副标题得到确定,我们就得在一份主文档上签字。
Once the covenant’s six main articles (all abstract nouns) and dozens of sub-headings were agreed on, we all had to sign a master document.
这样,生成的子树可以插入到HTML主文档中。
This makes the resulting subtree suitable for insertion into the main HTML document.
回到主文档,在一个新的剪切层上,用我们之前建好的带有刮痕的刷子,在把手上画制黑色刮痕。
Back to the main document, on an new clipping layer, use the scratchesbrush we just created to draw black scratches on the grip.
回到主文档,在一个新的剪切层上,用我们之前建好的带有刮痕的刷子,在把手上画制黑色刮痕。
Back to the main document, on an new clipping layer, use the scratchesbrush we just created to draw black scratches on the grip.
$firstVoiceSent
- 来自原声例句
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!}

我要回帖

更多关于 what would you do if 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信