“I can understand 教程”

British Library EThOS: Talk to me so that I can understand : enhancing adult-child communication to include students with the label of 'Speech, Language & Communication Needs' in Sri Lankan classrooms
application.name
Use this URL to cite or link to this record in EThOS:
http://ethos.bl.uk/OrderDetails.do?uin=uk.bl.ethos.557552
Talk to me so that I can understand : enhancing adult-child communication to include students with the label of 'Speech, Language & Communication Needs' in Sri Lankan classrooms
Wickremesooriya, Shalini Felicity
Awarding Body:
University of Sheffield
Current Institution:
University of Sheffield
Date of Award:
Availability of Full Text:
Access from EThOS:
Access from Institution:
The research is set in Sri Lanka, where official policy and legislation advocates' inclusive education (National Policy on Education, 2003) but schools are not obligated to implement inclusive educational practices (Kulasekera, 2006; Stubbs, 2005). Within this backdrop a private boys' school, which on its own initiative seeks to be inclusive, is selected for the research. The thesis follows the journey of six primary grade teachers and their students, aged six to eleven years, who are identified with speech, language and communication difficulties. The research demonstrates the manner in which, as a school based consultant speech and language therapist I seek to inspire teachers to engage in more inclusionary practices in adult-child communication, because I agree with the author who explains that inclusive education is a call to identify and destroy exclusionary practices within education (Slee, 2011). An action research methodology is selected to guide the research process, because action research is considered to be highly suitable when studying the social world to bring social change (Neuman, 2006). In keeping with the current trends in research (Moore 2011; Ghaziani, 2010; Martin and Miller, 2003; Slee, 1999; Freire, 1972) and the UN conventions (UN Standard Rules 1993 cited in Wertheimer, 1997; UNESCO, 1994; UNICEF, 1989), the voices of students and parents form a critical element in shaping the action process. My commitment to learn and improve my practice as an effective consultant speech and language therapist is witnessed through two action cycles. Further, I provide empirical evidence for schools in Sri Lanka and countries in the South experiencing similar conditions, to initiate the process of becoming more inclusive. Therefore, the research has implications for schools locally and internationally and for students with speech, language and communication difficulties, for whom the research is meant.
Supervisor:
Gardner, H Moore, Michele
Not available
Qualification Name:
Thesis (Ph.D.)
Qualification Level:
uk.bl.ethos.557552&
Not available}

我要回帖

更多关于 i can t understand 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。