you can'twhy learn englishh well __memory .

当前位置:  →
郑州市第47中学学年下期高一英语第二次月考试题及答案
时间: 10:07:26作者:佚名
收集整理:
郑州市第47中学学年下期英语第二次月考&& 本试题卷分第I卷和第II卷两部分,共8页,五大题,满分100分,考试时间90分钟。请用2B铅笔将第I卷所有选择题的答案涂在机 读卡 上,在试题卷上做答无效。第I卷(共三大题,满分65分)一、单项选择 (共15题& 每 小题1分,满分15分)[本文由免费提供]1. As a writer, he was ______ failure, which forced him to be in _____ search of another way to make a living.A. / &&&& &B. /; the &&&&C. the&&& && D. /2. ---- Which do you want, beer or cola?& ----_______. Both are OK to me. A. I think so&&&& && &B. That’s all right &&C. It’s up to you&&& D. Yes, I do 3. Although he is content _____ his present income, he isn’t content ______ for such a strict boss. A. to work &&&B. working&&C. working&&& D. to work4. With so many people_______ in English every day, we can see it will be more and more important _______a good knowledge of English.A. to communicate, have&&&&&&&& &&&B. havingC. to have&&&&&&&&&& &&&D. to have5. ---- What’s the matter with Jeff?&&& ---- _______ has made him unhappy.A. Having not invited&& B. Not to invite&&&& && C. Not being invited&& D. Not having invited6. I bought the same shirt as my brother has, but it cost me _______ his. A. as much twice as&&& B. twice as much as&&&&& C. much as twice as& D. as twice as muc h7. The company ______ founded in 2005 and two-thirds of the employees ______ women.&& A. are&&&&& &&& B. are&&&&& && &&C. is&&&& & D. was8. Mike often argues _____ his friend _____ small things, which makes all of us very unhappy.&& A. for&&&& &&& B. for&& &&& &C. about && D. about 9. The girl forgot all that she had prepared to say with many eyes ______ her.A. crowded in &&& &&B. focused on&&&C. looked into&&&&& D. kept off10. The number of employees in our company ______, so a great number of new desks ______.&&&& A. is needed&&&&& B. are needed&&&& C. is needed&&&&& D. are needed11. ---- Eric, as well as his friends, _______ taking the trip. &&&& ---- That’s not surprising. Not only Eric but also his friends_____ going to take the final exam.&& &A. are &&&& B. is&& &C. are&&&&&&& D. is12. _____ is surprising is that his son is so well-behaved, while his daughter is very naughty. &A. It&&&& &&&&B. What&&&& &&& &C. As&&&&& && &D. That13. Only when the police showed her the evidence ______ that she had stolen the money. &&A. she admitted&&&&&& &B. admitted she && &C. she did admit&&&&& &D. did she admit14. No one was ever_____ watching him―his subtle acting made everything _____. &&A. entertaining& B. entertained&C. entertaining& D. entertaining15. ---- How did you manage to get such a valuable painting?&& ---- Oh, just _______. &&A. in person&&&&&& &&B. by chance&&& &C. by mistake&&&&&&& &D. in a hurry二、完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分) 阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。Born in America, I spoke English, not Chinese, the language of my ancestors. When I was three, my parents flashed cards with Chinese&&&& 16&& at my face, but I pushed them&& 17& . My mom believed I would learn&&& 18&& I was ready. But the& 19& never came.On a Chinese New Year’s Eve, my uncle spoke to me in Chinese, but all I could do was&&&& 20&& at him, confused, scratching my head. “Still can’t speak Chinese?” He&& 21&&& me, “You can’t even buy a fish in Chinatown.”“Hey, this is America, not China. I’ll get some& 22& with or without Chinese.” I replied and turned to my mom for&& 23& .“Remember to ask for fresh fish, Xin Xian Yu,” she said, handing over a $20 bill. I& 24& the words, running downstairs into the streets of Chinatown.I found the fish& 25& surrounded in a sea of customers. “I’d like to buy some fresh fish,” I shouted to the fisherman. But he& 26& my English words and turned to serve the next customer. The laugh of the people behind increased&& 27&&& their impatience. With every&& 28& , the breath of the dragons(龙)on my back grew stronger---my blood boiling---&& 29&&&& me to cry out, “Xian Sheng Yu,please.” “ Very Xian Sheng,” I repeated. The crowd erupted into laughter. My face turned& 30& and I ran back home&&& 31& , expect for the $20 bill I held tightly in my pocket.Should I laugh or cry? They’re Chinese. I’m Chinese. I should feel right at&& 32& . Instead , I was the joke , a disgrace (丢脸)to the language.Sometimes, I laugh at my fish&& 33&& , but, in the end, the joke is on&&& 34 . Every laugh is a culture& 35&& ; every laugh is my heritage (传统)fading away.16.&A. custom &&B. games &&C. characters &&&D. language 17.&A. ahead&&&&&& &B. around&&& &&C. along&&&&&&&&&&& &D. aside 18.&A. when&&&&& &B. before&&& &&C. unless&&&&&&&&&&&& &D. until19.&A. success&&&&& &B. study&&&& &&C. time&&&&&&&&&&&& &D. attempt 20.&A. aim&&&&&&&& &B. joke&&&&& &&C. nod&&&&&&&&&&& &D. stare 21.&A. cared about&& &B. laughed at&&& &C. argued with&&&&& &D. asked after 22.&A. right now&&&& &B. from now&&& &C. at times&&&&&&&& &D. in time 23.&A. decision&&&&& &B. permission&&& &C. information&&&& &D. preparation24.&A. repeated&&&&& &B. reviewed&&&&& &C. spelled&&&&&&& &&D. kept25.&A. farm&&&&&&&& &B. stand&&&&&&&& &C. pond&&&&&&&&& &D. market26.&A. guessed&&&&&& B. forgot&&&&&&& &C. doubted&&&&&&& &D. ignored27.&A. by&&&&&&&&&& &B. as&&&&&&&&&&& C. with&&&&&&&&& &&D. from 28.&A. second&&&&&& &B. effort&&&&&&& &C. desire&&&&&&&& &D. movement29.&A. forcing&&&&&& &B. allowing&&C. persuading&&&& &D. leading30.&A. bright&&&&&&& &B. blank&&&C. pale&&&&&&&&&& &D. red 31.&A. open-mouthed &B. tongue-tied &C. empty-handed& &&D. broken-hearted32.&A. service&&&&&& &B. home &&&C. risk&&&&&&&&&& &D. root 33.&A. trade&&&&&&&& &B. deed &&&C. challenge&&&& &&D. incident 34.&A. it&&&&&&&&&&& &B. us &&&C. me&&&&&&&&&& &&D. them35.&A. thrown &&B. lost &&&C. divided&&&&&&& &D. reflected三、阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)第一节:阅读下列短文,根据短文内容选择最佳答案。AA couple had a son eleven years after they married. They were a loving couple and the boy was the apple of their eye. When the boy was around four years old, one day the father was very tired after work so he asked his wife to pick up their son. The mother, who was very busy in the kitchen, totally forgot about it.Later the boy lost his way on the street. When the son was found missing, the mother hurried to look for him, but she didn’t find him. The mother felt very sad and didn’t know how to face her husband.When the father went to the police station after hearing that the son was missing, he looked at his wife and said just four words. What do you think the four words were? The husband just said "I love you, darling."The son was missing. If he had picked him up earlier, this would not have happened. There is no point in blaming (责备) anyone. His wife had also lost her only child. What his wife needed at that moment was comfort and understanding from her husband. That is what the husband gave his wife. Several weeks later, with the help of the police, the couple finally found their lost son. The family’s relationship became stronger over that time.Sometimes we spend lots of time asking who is to blame. We miss many chances to give each other support and let each other feel the warmth of human relat ionships. Get rid of all your unwillingness to forgive, selfishness, and fears and you will find the world is much more wonderful. 36. What is the meaning of the underlined phrase "the apple of their eye"? A. A person who always has a sweet smile.&&B. A person who is as pretty as an apple.C. A person who is loved more than anyone else. D. A person who looks like an apple.37. Why didn’t the father pick the boy up himself? &&&& &A. He was very lazy. &&&&&B. He thought the mother had picked him up.C. He forgot to pick him up.&&&&&&&& D. He was too tired to do it. 38. What can we learn from this passage?&&&&& A. Be careful in everything you do.&&B. Love is the most important thing.C. Learn to forgive others.&&&&D. Everyone can make mistakes.39. What do you think of the husband?&&&&& A. Warm-hearted.&&&& B. Careful.&&C. Hard-working.&&&& D. Broad-minded.BFood sometimes gets poisoned with harmful things. A person who eats such food can get an illness called food poisoning. Food poisoning is usually not serious, but some types are deadly. The symptoms (征兆)of food poisoning usually begin within hours of eating the poisoned food. Fever is one of the most common symptoms. Certain microorganisms(微生物)cause most types of food poisoning. Bacteria and other microorganisms can poison eggs, meat, vegetables, and many other foods. After entering the body, these tiny living things release(释放)poisons that make people sick. Some chemicals can also cause food poisoning. They are often added to food while it& is being grown, processed, or prepared. For example, many farmers spray chemicals on crops to kill weeds and insects. Some people may have a bad reaction to those chemicals when they eat the crops. Some plants and animals contain natural poisons that are harmful to people. These include certain kinds of seafood, grains, nuts, seeds, beans, and mushrooms. When people handle food properly, the risk of food poisoning is very small. Microorganisms multiply rapidly in dirty places and in warm temperatures. This means that people should never touch food with dirty hands or put food on unwashed surfaces. Food should be kept in a refrigerator to stop microorganisms from growing. Meat needs to be cooked thoroughly to kill any dangerous microorganisms. People should also wash food covered with chemicals before eating it. Finally, people should not eat wild mushrooms or other foods that grow in the wild. Some of these foods may contain natural materials that are poisonous to humans. In addition, some types of fish can be poisonous. Most people recover from food poisoning after a few days of resting and drinking extra water. If people eat natural poisons, they must go to the hospital right away to have their stomach s emptied. 40. Which of the following statements is NOT true? A. Food wh en poisoned can make people sick. &&B. Food poisoning means death. C. Food poisoning comes in varieties. &&&&D. Food poisoning can be serious. 41. We know from the passage that the symptoms of food poisoning_____.A. are always accompanied by a fever &&&&B. are too common to be noted C. can be noticed within hours &&&&&D. can be ignored 42. Food poisoning can be caused by all the following EXCEPT_____.A. some chemicals &&&&&&&B. low temperatures C. some tiny living things &&&&&&D. certain natural materials 43. From Paragraph 5, we can learn that_____.A. mushrooms should not be eaten &&B. vegetables are safer than meat and seafood C. natural poisons are more dangerous than chemicalsD. different types of food should be handled differently C[本文由免费提供]Getting a new PC is one thing. Keeping it running smoothly is quite another. While a personal computer should continue to perform well for years, users know that system unsteadiness does exist. Yet you can reduce it to the smallest amount by following the tips below. First, put in as little software as possible. You have fewer software-related problems and a system that is easier to manage. Second, you should ensure that you have as much as memory (RAM) in your PC as you need. If you run Windows 98, your computer should have at least 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM and more. You can also get by with 128 MB of RAM if you use Windows NT or Windows 2000, but these operating systems will run much more smoothly if you have 256 of RAM or more. Third, make sure you buy good hardware. No-name products may be cheaper and sometimes just as good as name-brand products, but name-brand products usually become well-known because of their steadiness. It's wise to buy products from famous companies because Windows will more often support the hardware that you buy. If you are starting out with computers, it’s also a good idea to buy ready-made systems from major manufacturers. They are likely to have been tested thoroughly with your operating system, and you will generally experience fewer problems. Fourth, do prepare for disaster. No matter how well your system runs when you get it, the day will come when it will need to be replaced. Hopefully, you will replace it because technology has become out-dated, but you may need to replace it also because the hard drive crashes or you begin experiencing problems that no one can figure out. That's why it's important to copy your important information regularly. Whether you use a tape backup device or a CD-RW drive, it's important to make a regular backup plan and stick to it.44. If you want to use Windows 2000, but your computer only has 64 MB. What will you have to do ?A. Enlarge its RAM to at least 256 MB.&&&B. Put in good software in your computer.C. Enlarge its RAM to at least 128MB&&&D. Have Windows NT to made it.45. How many pieces of advice o n buying good hardware does the writer give us?A. Three &&B. Two &&&C. One &&&D. Four46. It cab be inferred from the last paragraph that__________.A. your computer will copy the important information when the system fails.B. your computer might lose all the information when its hard drive crashes.C. you have to replace your computer one day.D. you must change your system regularly.47. The best title of this passage can be_____________.A. The Tips You Must Follow&&&&&B. How to Start out with a ComputerC. How to Use Your PC Better&&&&D. How to Keep Your PC Stable(稳定).&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& DCan you swim? Do you like swimming? Yes? Well, how can you learn to swim? I think the best way is to go into the water and learn. I’m afraid you’ll never learn to swim just by reading books about swimming or looking at others swimming. It’s the same with English study. We must practise, practise and practise.Listening and speaking are very important for beginners. The children in English-speaking countries first listen to others. Then they try to imitate and speak. We can listen to English programs on the radio. Maybe at first you can understand only a few words. It doesn’t matter. Just be relaxed. Keep listening and try to catch every word.Somebody may be a good listener. But he is too shy to speak. He’s afraid of making mistakes. You& know we sometimes make mistakes when we speak Chinese. Don’t be afraid. We must be brave. If you really want to learn English well, you must try to speak with anyone who knows English. Whether you know him or not is not important. When there’s nobody to talk with, you can talk to yourself in English. It’s interesting and also a good way to practice your spoken English. Remember, the more you speak, the fewer mistakes you’ll make.Reading and writing are more important for senior school students. First you must choose the books you’re interested in. A lot of reading will improve your language sense. This is the important thing.Keep writing English diaries. We can also write English articles. You may even post them to English magazines. Don’t be afraid of failure. Failure is the mother of success.Easier said than done. Well, let’s do more practice from now on. I’m sure you’ll learn English well in this way.48. You can learn to swim by ______.&& &A. reading books about it&&&&&&B. looking at others swimming&& &C. having lessons on it&&&&&&&D. going into the water and swimming49. Which is the best way to deal with the mistakes when yo u speak?&& &A. Don’t make mistakes.&&&&&&&B. Don’t be afraid.&& &C. Try not to speak English.&&&&&&D. Study hard.50. What’s more important for senior school students?&& &A. Listening and speaking.&&&&&&B. Reading and writing.&& &C. Speaking and writing.&&&&&&&D. Writing and listening.第二节:根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。Here are some easy steps for you to stay safe and secure on the Internet.&& 51&&& Never give out your full name, address and phone number, unless it is a safe site or it is a well-known site. Protect your money. Don’t give out your card information unless it is a safe site. You can tell if the site is safe by looking at the lower part of your screen.&&& 52&&& If it is locked, the site is safe. “Unlocked ” means that you should not give a card number.
Don’t believe “Get Rich Quick!” If it sounds too good to be sure --- it is! If you get an e-mail that says you can make thousands of dollars in a few days, it isn’t true. Most likely it will cost you in the end.&&& 53&&
A good virus scan (扫描). Update (更新) your virus scan.&&& 54&&& When you buy a virus scan, it may have been on the shelves for months, so you need to update it frequently.&& 55&&& Do not open e-mail attachments (附件) that are programs. Receiving these programs in e-mail is harmless, but opening them and running them can be dangerous. A. There is a small lock.B. Stay away from these offers!C. New viruses come out daily. D. There are always some unsafe sites.E. Keep your main e-mail address private. F. Don’t give out personal information. G. Protect yourself from dangerous e-mail viruses.&&郑州市第47中学学年下期高第二次月考试题答题卡第II卷 (共35分)51.________ 52. __________ 53. __________& 54. ________ 55. ___________四、短文改错(共l0小题;每小题l分,满分l0分)假定英语课上要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。&& 增加:在缺词处加一个漏子符号(/\),并在其下面写出该加的词。&& 删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。&& 修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。&& 注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;&& 2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。&& Dear Abby,&&&&&&& How are you? I’ve got a wonderful news to tell you. I have offered a scholarship at a university in Australia. Lots of students took exams for it, but only a few was chosen and I was one of them. Though, my parents are not happy about it. They are strong against my going there. They think it is too far away that they will not see me all the year and they are afraid of I will feel lonely. They can’t imagine so young a girl live alone. They advise me to study at a local university instead. Then I’ll be able to continue living with them. What can I persuade them to accept the fact which I have grown up?Best wishes. YoursJane五、书面表达 (共15分)据报道,几位慈善人士最近几年一直在资助五名贫困大学生,但是,这些学生从来没有表达过他们的感激之情,所以这几位慈善人士决定停止资助。此事在社会上引起了广泛的争论,某英文报为此在读者中展开了调查。请你以“Do They Have to Say Thanks ?”为题,根据下列表格中所列信息及要求用英语写一篇短文,投到该报的“Readers’ Letters”栏目。赞成的理由&不赞成的理由&你的看法1.别人没有义务帮你;2.学生们会变得自私。&1.说“谢谢”不是唯一的感谢方法2.帮助别人本身就是一种快乐。&……注意:1.词数不少于100个;2 .参考词汇:捐赠donate。&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &郑州市第47中 学学年下期高一年级第二次月考试题答案一、单项选择1―5 ACDCC&& 6―10 BBDBD&&& 11―15 ABDCB二、完形填空16―20 CDACD&& 21―25 BABAB&&&&&& 26―30 DCAAD&&&& 31―35&& CBDCB三、阅读理解36―39 CDCD&&& 40―43 BCBD&&&&& 44―47 CABD&& 48―50 DBB51―55 FABCG四、短文改错56. drop a&& 57. have 后加 been / have →was&& 58. was → were 59. Though → However& 60. strong& → strongly& 61. too → so&& 62. drop of/ of →that&&& 63. live → living&& 64. What → How& 65.& which→ that 五、书面表达【参考范
上一篇:下一篇:
用户名: !
分 值:100分
内 容: !
(注"!"为必填内容。) 验证码:好听的音乐: 无需过多介绍,只需静静欣赏!中英歌词:(注意歌词底部提示)Midnight Not a sound from the pavement
午夜,大地一片死寂Has the moon lost her memory
是否月亮也失去她的记忆She is smiling alone
看她独自笑得多么凄凉In the lamplight
The withered leaves collect at my feet落叶开始在我脚下堆积And the wind begins to moan
而风儿,也开始哀鸣Memory
All alone in the moonlight
孤零零地站在月光里
I can dream at the old days
我能梦到那些过去的日子I was beautiful then
那时的我曾经多么美丽I remember the time I knew what happiness was
想起那时,我才明白什么 叫做幸福
Let the memory live again
就让回忆,再度降临Every street lamp seems to beat
每一盏街灯
A fatalistic warning
似乎都在发出致命的警告Someone mutters and the street lamp gutters
有人低语,街灯闪烁明灭And soon it will be morning
另一个早晨很快就要到来Daylight
I must wait for the sunrise
我必须等待日光出现
I must think of a new life
我必须面对一种新的生活And I mustn’t give in
而且我不能屈服When the dawn comes
当黎明到来
Tonight will be a memory too
今夜也将成为回忆And a new day will begin
新的一天也将开始Burnt out ends of smoky days
烟雾弥漫的日子The stale cold smell of morning
清晨腐败冰冷的气息
A street lamp dies, another night is over
街灯熄灭又一个夜晚逝去Another day is dawning
新的黎明即将到来Touch me
靠近我吧!
It is so easy to leave me
离开我是如此的容易All alone with the memory
就让我独自留在凄凉的回 忆里
Of my days in the sun
回想那些曾经灿烂的时光If you touch me
但如果你靠近我
You’ll understand what happiness is
你就会了解什么是幸福Look, a new day has begun...
看,新的一天,已经到来1: 红色部分的内容请大家细细体会:精华!2: 欢迎在底部评论区推荐英文金曲与大家分享!唯途英语-基础综合班-第5期,10月23日正式开始(2天倒计时)! 解除障碍,快速前行! 点下面“阅读原文”了解详情!唯途英语(way2en) 
 文章为作者独立观点,不代表大不六文章网立场
的最新文章
睡前听力:知道fish or cut bait是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(81)睡前听力:知道fishing expedition是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(82)名人名言 语言精华:活着的意义是什么?睡前听力:知道green around the gills是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(83)荐读:适时把自己归零(深度好文)经典资源:VOA News (3小时) (拿走不谢)睡前听力:知道get down to brass tacks是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(76)睡前听力:知道be in hot water是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(77)名人名言 语言精华:女人的思维是这样的?睡前听力:知道water over the dam是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(78)睡前听力:知道hold water是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(79)一首英文好歌 猜你喜欢:Never Gonna Give You Up名人名言 语言精华:你真的认识自己吗?睡前听力:知道throw cold water是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(80)名人名言 语言精华:生命的意义是什么?睡前听力:知道heart is in the right place是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(70)荐读:人为了什么活着?(深度好文)5句:极简极有用的英语句子(71)睡前听力:知道at heart是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(72)睡前听力:知道cross my heart是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(73)睡前听力:知道money talks是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(74)睡前听力:商人说it is a jungle out there是什么意思呢?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(75)荐读:真正干事业的人是什么样的?睡前听力:知道open up my heart是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(68)名人名言 语言精华:这就是读书的正确态度?睡前听力:知道wear one's heart on one's sleeve是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(69)睡前听力:知道cry wolf什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(61)睡前听力:知道red hot是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(62)睡前听力:知道in the pink是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(63)睡前听力:知道look green是什么意思吗?5句:极简极有用的英语句子(64)荐读:一个小聪明,毁了前程(所有人都该深思)way2en唯途英语:12万人一起学习,你不再孤单!
英语学习,从此变得简单,有趣,高效!粉丝福利: 每月送英语书 ...!热门文章最新文章way2en唯途英语:12万人一起学习,你不再孤单!
英语学习,从此变得简单,有趣,高效!粉丝福利: 每月送英语书 ...!}

我要回帖

更多关于 why we learn english 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信