You've taken your timetravel英语文章!

扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
英语翻译张小姐:Thank you for your interest in Siemens Circuit Protection Systems (shanghai) Co.,Ltd.We appreciate the time you have taken to present your qualifications to us.谢谢您应聘本公司 Management Office department职位,您的学识、经历给我们留下了良好的印象,为了彼此进一步的了解,请您于 3月 17日14 时 30分前来本公司参加:(一) 面谈(初、复)(二) 专业笔试如您时间上不方便,请事先以信箱与我公司人力资源部联系此致 地址:徐汇区中山南二路1089号徐汇苑大厦21层电话:021-hr.日请帮我翻成全英文,我想做个参照的范本!
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
朋友你好,翻译如下 Miss Zhang:Thank you for your interest in Siemens Circuit Protection Systems (shanghai) Co., Ltd. We appreciate the time you have taken to present your qualifications to us.Thank you for your candidates of the Company Management Office department positions, your knowledge, experience left us with a good impression, in order to further understand each other, please on at 14:30 on March 17 to come to the companies to participate in:(A) interview (early recovery)(B) Professional WrittenIf you have time inconvenient, please mail me in advance in order to contact the company Human Resources DepartmentSincerelyAddress: Xuhui District, No. 1089 Zhongshan Nan Er Road, Xuhui Yuan Building, 21 FloorTel :021-E-mail: hr.scps @ siemens.comMarch 15, 2010
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码ZENG Life | Going forward
A Catholic basilica looms on the horizon of the event?s final hole as if floating in the clouds, and its friars have invited contestants to attend Mass.
The ship was unveiled in Galveston, Texas on Saturday.
Harry Kane volleys in an injury-time equaliser as England snatch a point against Scotland after a flurry of late goals in their World Cup qualifier.
A Swedish councillor wants to install music in school toilets to help pupils embarrassed by noise.
LeBron James had one of the most ridiculous dunks in NBA Finals history Friday against the Golden State Warriors.
How we went from depressive flannel and fog to anxiously monitoring our heart rates, twirling fidget spinners and streaming into meditation studios.
Adam W. Purinton, 52, who is already facing a murder charge in Kansas, was indicted on federal charges in a February shooting that killed one man.
Oracle Arena in Oakland and Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland reflect the character and ethos of two very different cities and teams, and their passionate fans.
has remained silent about alleged
at the Chinese factories that make her goods.
But her brand finally released a statement, roughly a week and a half after the detention of Chinese labor activists who were arrested while investigating her supply chain.
The U.S. State Department has called for the three activists? release, but the first daughter?s company doesn?t mention them. Instead, it merely
from the growing scandal.
?Products have not been produced at the factory in question since March,? company president Abigail Klem said in a statement sent to HuffPost. ?Our licensee works with many footwear production factories and all factories are required to operate within strict social compliance regulations.?
The statement notably doesn?t suggest Trump?s brand has been proactive in resolving documented issues related to poor conditions or rights violations at the Chinese factories, or that the company is taking steps to ensure it doesn?t use non-compliant facilities in the future. It doesn?t even state Ivanka Trump products won?t be made at the same facility in the future.
It ignores the three men working with the New York-based human rights group
who have . Two of the men were investigating a Huajian Group factory in Dongguan, China, where they reportedly found wage and safety violations along with Ivanka Trump merchandise and a production schedule , the Associated Press reports. The third was
in Jiangxi province, according to Reuters.
When asked about the specific alleged violations at the factory, or what action it would take in the future, Trump?s company declined to comment further.
China Watch Labor has appealed directly to the Trump family to
of Li Zhao, Hua Haifeng and Su Heng. The organization said the incident is the
that ?any [of] our investigator[s are] being detained under a criminal process.?
?Our activists discovered evidence that a supplier factory for Ivanka Trump?s brand company and many other brands had violated workers? rights in ways that included:
than China?s legal minimum wage, managers? verbal abuse of workers, and violations of women?s rights,? its website reads. ?We appeal to President Trump, Ivanka Trump herself, and to related brand companies to advocate and press for the release our activists.?
On Monday the
to release the men
?We urge China to release them immediately and otherwise afford them the judicial and fair trial protections to which they are entitled,? said spokeswoman Alicia Edwards.
The Chinese government declined, saying the three men are accused of using , a charge China Labor Watch denies.
The lukewarm response of ?? comes just months after another watchdog group, the New York-based Fair Labor Association, uncovered
at a Chinese factory contracted by the company that licenses Ivanka Trump?s clothing. The unnamed factory was cited for two dozen violations of international labor standards, and according to Li Qiang, executive director of China Labor Watch, it is the same facility at which two of the three men were arrested.
Qiang sent a letter to Trump on April 27, detailing the abuses his associates had so far uncovered at the factories. He called for her to publicly advocate for change, noting workers were only making about $363 per month and suffering overtime without pay, lack of safety training and verbal abuse.
?I hope that you understand the urgency of this matter,? he wrote. ?China Labor Watch expects you, as an assistant to the president and an advocate for women?s rights, to urge your brand?s supplier factories to improve their conditions. Your words and deeds can make a difference in these workers? lives.?
The lack of action adds yet another layer to the Trump family?s ? one noted by the Democratic National Commitee.
?Ivanka?s company , and the Trumps should stop hypocritically telling corporations to ?buy American and hire American? while they continue to knowingly take advantage of workers? abuses abroad,? said DNC spokeswoman Adrienne Watson.
To date, Trump has continued to import goods from China through her father?s election and presidency, even reportedlyof goods from China during the inauguration alone ? while the president trumpeted his ?America first? policies.
type=type=RelatedArticlesblockTitle=Related…
articlesList=58dbe71dcfca389e4b0d5d,58c7e73ae4bcc1
— This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our
It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.
The baby hawk in Canada may have to defend itself once its siblings grow in size.
Ryan Gosling, Naomi Campbell and eight other celebrities who have flirted with musical careers.
What was behind the unexpected general election results – and what should we learn?
WASHINGTON ? Official Washington, from the president on down, is working on damage control for a Mideast crisis inextricably linked to its favorite ambassador.
President , Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and scores of
to convince a group of U.S. partner countries ? among them the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Egypt ? to restore ties with a separate U.S.-aligned nation, Qatar, their neighbor and the home of the region?s largest American military base.
The Mideast countries shocked Washington on Sunday night when, one by one, they announced that they were severing all ties with Qatar ? even effectively blockading the nation, which occupies a small piece of land jutting off the main Arabian Peninsula. The UAE gave the U.S. government a heads up about the move only just before the public announcements began, a State Department spokeswoman told reporters Tuesday.
All the while, UAE Ambassador Yousef Al Otaiba, arguably Washington?s most powerful and, some would say, charming diplomat and the chief driver of the anti-Qatar campaign in the U.S., has laid low.
Despite President ?s initial apparent
of the UAE-Saudi position Tuesday, he called regional leaders Wednesday telling them he wants to be a mediator. On Thursday, MSNBC revealed why Trump may have been hasty before settling on that view. The president might not have known Qatar hosted U.S. troops, a source close to Trump told anchor Brian Williams.
Now the administration seems to have reached a consensus: Qatar has work to do on cracking down on terrorist financiers and the ties of citizens to militant groups, but it remains firmly in the U.S. orbit, essential to the American strategy against the Islamic State terrorist group, Iran and other foes.
And the UAE, Saudi Arabia and company seem to have taken a major gamble based on the
would be on board and mostly lost ? even if they are able to secure concessions from Qatar on its relationships with the Muslim Brotherhood movement, Iran, civil society activists and other forces around the Middle East.
What made the UAE, a government that rarely receives stateside criticism and has been lauded as
for its cooperation with the U.S. military, stumble?
A clue lies in recently leaked private messages from Otaiba.
A mysterious source provided messages from Otaiba?s personal email account to HuffPost and other outlets last week. HuffPost has since authenticated exchanges with 14 people involved. Analysts say the leak was a major development in the build-up to the public break with Qatar.
?The email leaks further fanned the flames, and the leaker likely knew that and appeared to take advantage of that timing. They brought to light in a very public way the deep tensions and differences mainly between the UAE and Qatar,? said Andrew Bowen, a visiting scholar at the conservative American Enterprise Institute think tank, in an email.
The UAE viewed the leak as ?a provocative move by Qatar,? Kristian Coates Ulrichsen, a researcher at Rice University in Houston, wrote Monday. (The source denied any connection to Qatar in messages to HuffPost. Otaiba has not responded to HuffPost requests for comment.)
Previous HuffPost articles disclosed that Otaiba had privately
moving the U.S. base out of Qatar, had cheered on Qatar criticism from top former officials, such as Defense Secretary Robert Gates, had
then-candidate Trump in emails with an adviser to President
and had discussed punishing companies in U.S.-friendly countries if they do business with Iran.
One dominant theme ties the published correspondence to the remaining unpublished messages HuffPost has verified: a level of access, self-assurance and arguably hubris that matches the overconfidence of the UAE?s public move against Qatar. The emails with other top figures in the U.S. show the way Otaiba cultivated Washington ? and perhaps came to believe he and his government could rely on its backing almost unconditionally.
Schmoozing To Reshape The Middle East
Chummy emails show how Otaiba earned a
as Washington?s most popular diplomat.
On April 21, influential Washington Post columnist David Ignatius sent Otaiba a
on Muhammed bin Salman, the deputy crown prince of Saudi Arabia and an ally of the UAE. (His rival for the throne is Qatar-friendly Crown Prince Muhammed bin Nayef.)
The ambassador was barely able to contain himself.
?As someone who knows the region, it looks from how you wrote this piece, that you are beginning to see what we?ve been seeing for the last two years. Change!? Otaiba wrote. ?I think we would all agree these changes in saudi are much needed. So I?m relieved to find that you saw what we?ve been seeing and frequently trying to convey. Your voice and your credibility will be a huge factor in getting reasonable folks to understand and believe in whats happening.
Our job now [is to do] everything possible to ensure MBS [Muhammed bin Salman] succeeds.?
In an email to HuffPost, Ignatius said he emailed the article on the prince to multiple people who he thought would be interested and had written on the prince, including critically, for years. ?I reached a journalistic judgement that MBS offers a chance for positive change, but I have no ?shared interest? with Otaiba,? he wrote.
Otaiba adopted a similarly effusive tone when writing to former national security adviser Susan Rice in 2016, despite his public complaints about her administration?s Middle East policy. ?Your boss just gave an incredibly impressive speech in a baltimore mosque,? the ambassador wrote on Feb. 3, 2016. ?Amazing.?
And he appears to have developed an especially close relationship with Gates ? one in which the affection was mutual. On April 4, 2016, Gates wrote to Otaiba to praise a piece the ambassador had . ?Superb,? he emailed. ?Accurate, insightful and a timely reminder to too many in Washington who would rather not face the reality you describe.?
In an Oct. 26, 2015, exchange, the UAE official joked with the former Pentagon chief about a meeting Otaiba helped him secure with his country?s de facto ruler, Crown Prince Muhammed bin Zayed. ?I pictured much shared frustration,? the ambassador wrote. ?And I?m sorry I wasn?t there to maintain the tradition of vodka being brought to the meeting room.?
But there Gates drew the line. ?At midday, the tea was just fine!? he wrote back.
Representatives of Rice and Gates declined to comment.
Where Business Meets Foreign Policy
Otaiba has a powerful advantage in his effort to win hearts and minds: an oil-rich government Americans are keen to do business with.
Some of the emails show how the ambassador grew close to RiceHadleyGates, a consulting firm run by Gates, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and former national security adviser Stephen Hadley.
Hadley, a Washington power player and the chair of the government-backed U.S. Institute for Peace, is shown seeking business help from the diplomat in two exchanges from last year. On March 16, 2016, he wrote to help his client Motorola secure government contracts to provide radio products for the UAE?s government security forces and military. Both entities have controversial track records, including ties to
A more recent message, dated Sept. 28, 2016, shows Hadley asking for help for PepsiCo ? and mentioning how he and the ambassador had seen each other at a meeting for a major research project called the . The exchange neatly shows how global affairs analysis frequently becomes tied up with Americans? efforts to make deals with foreign governments.
A spokesperson for Hadley declined to comment.
Adapting To Failure
The apparent backfiring of the latest UAE gambit may slow down the ambitious young nation and its diplomats for a while ? particularly when they consider dramatic steps that endanger the U.S. vision for the region. ?Losing a strong relationship with Qatar is not in the U.S. interest,? Gerald Feierstein, a top State Department official until 2016 and current Middle East Institute expert, told HuffPost.
But it?s unclear how long any newfound patience will last.
Because of Otaiba?s skill at cultivating Washington, he has frequently repackaged even unpopular actions and views to win fresh stateside applause, shape-shifting to regain his influence over the direction of U.S. policy.
The ambassador frequently pushed an aggressive stance on Iran even as Obama aides sought a nuclear agreement with the nation and later developed a tacit cooperation with it against ISIS. In a strategy meeting at the Pentagon in 2014, as the ISIS campaign began, he advocated wiping out the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad, an ally of Iran. Obama aides quickly made it clear that that was not their goal.
For Otaiba, it wasn?t a problem. At a meeting soon after, he volunteered the UAE?s F-16 fighter jets to aid the Americans. And days later, a story about a female UAE fighter jet pilot got him and his government applause on official Washington?s favorite breakfast treat: MSNBC?s
?I love it,? former Republican Congressman Joe Scarborough told a beaming Otaiba after the ambassador described decades of U.S.-UAE cooperation. ?I absolutely love it.?
— This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our
It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.
Preet Gill, who holds Birmingham Edgbaston for Labour, describes the win as a “real honour”.
One team is trying to make history, the other desperately hoping to avoid a repeat of it.
Montana Republican Greg Gianforte, who was elected to Congress last month, issued a
on Wednesday for an incident in which he physically attacked Guardian journalist Ben Jacobs.
?I had no right to respond the way I did to your legitimate question about health care policy. You were doing your job,? he wrote.
Gianforte is accused of body-slamming Jacobs after the reporter asked a question about health care policy. It was reported that Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck and broke his glasses. Gianforte was
that evening and
Montana?s lone congressional seat the next morning.
shortly after it was released. Gianforte is expected to appear in court on or before June 20. He faces a maximum punishment of six months in jail and a $500 fine for his behavior.
Experts agree that apologies, private and public alike, should contain several elements to be considered effective, according to Roy Lewicki, an apology expert and a professor emeritus of management and human resources at the Ohio State University?s Fisher College of Business.
?The tone of the letter conveys a certain amount of sincerity and genuineness,? Lewicki said. ?There?s multiple expressions of regret.?
What makes an apology effective
Research by Lewicki suggests that there are . They are, in order of importance, an acknowledgement of responsibility; an offer of repair; an expression of regret; an explanation of what went wrong; a declaration of repentance and a request for forgiveness. The more elements an apology includes, the more likely the apology is to be accepted, Lewicki said.
Gianforte?s letter is well-rounded based on these standards. Lewicki, who has analyzed , reviewed what makes Gianforte?s note stand out. Below is the letter to Jacobs, re-typed, with annotations of where these apology elements come into play:
Dear Mr. Jacobs:
I write to express my sincere apology for my conduct on the evening of May 24. My physical response to your legitimate question was unprofessional, unacceptable, and unlawful [acknowledgement of responsibility]. As both a candidate for office and a public official, I should be held to a high standard in my interactions with the press and the public [acknowledgement of responsibility]. My treatment of you did not meet that standard [expression of regret].
Notwithstanding anyone?s statements to the contrary, you did not initiate any physical contact with me, and I had no right to assault you. I am sorry for what I did and the unwanted notoriety this has created for you [expression of regret]. I take full responsibility [acknowledgement of responsibility]
I understand the critical role that journalists and the media play in our society. Protections afforded to the press through the Constitution are fundamental to who we are as a nation and the way government is accountable to the people. I acknowledge that the media have an obligation to seek information. I also know that civility in our public discourse is central to a productive dialogue on issues. I had no right to respond the way I did to your legitimate question about healthcare policy [declaration of repentance]. You were doing your job.
In the hope that perhaps some good news can come of these events, I am making a $50,000 contribution to the Committee To Protect Journalists, an independent non-profit organization that promotes press freedom and that protects the rights of journalists worldwide [offer of repair].
I made a mistake and humbly ask for your forgiveness [request for forgiveness].
Sincerely,
Greg Gianforte
Gianforte?s apology repeatedly accepts responsibility and shows remorse over his actions. That matters, according to Lewicki.
?One of the things we found in our research was that acknowledgements of responsibility were probably one of the most important components of an apology and he comes back to that several times,? Lewicki said.
Lewicki said Gianforte?s request to repair ? aka, the $50,000 donation to the Committee to Protect Journalists ? is somewhat remarkable and does a good job of expressing genuine concern.
?That?s not chump change,? he said.
How the apology is being received
Gianforte?s expression has received mixed results, from praise to criticism. Some believe the apology is genuine:
Best apology I've seen from a politician in ages. Whatever you think of Gianforte, let this be a standard.
? ian bremmer (@ianbremmer)
Others denounce the apology for glossing over the initial statement released by Shane Scanlon, a spokesperson for the Gianforte team. Immediately after the body-slamming incident,
for initiating the altercation.
The apology letter says, ?you did not initiate any physical contact with me,? but does not go into detail about the original effort to cover up what happened.
Gianforte's apology does not cover Scanlon's false and defamatory statement?issued on Gianforte's behalf and not corrected til after he won.
? southpaw (@nycsouthpaw)
But Lewicki says what?s more critical now is the apology Gianforte is making directly to Jacobs. However, one letter cannot determine if Gianforte is truly sorry. For that, Lewicki says time is the ultimate decider on whether the contrition sticks.
?You?ll have to look now at how Gianforte handles himself in the future,? he explained.
A solid apology is a good first step.
Kansas Secretary of State , a Republican nationally known for championing strict voter ID laws, launched a
My goal is for Kansas to lead the nation in every way possible. Let's make it happen. Let's lead again.
? Kris W. Kobach (@KrisKobach1787)
His announcement came just two days after the state legislature voted to override Republican Gov. Sam Brownback?s veto of legislation
the state implemented in 2012. Kobach criticized the vote,
that ?it is time to drain the swamp in Topeka,? the state?s capital.
Kansas? term-limit law prevents Brownback, 60, from seeking a third consecutive term.
Kobach, 51, has served as Kansas secretary of state since 2011. He?s gained prominence for his hardline stance on immigration as well as his support for strict voting regulations. The
dubbed him the ?king of voter suppression.?
During his first year in his current post, his office drafted the , later adopted by the state legislature. It requires voters to present a photo ID when casting a ballot in person and submit proof of citizenship when registering to vote, making it one of the nation?s toughest such laws.
The act was met with strong opposition from voting rights advocates, and has faced legal challenges since its adoption. Last year,
ruled that that the proof-of-citizenship requirement likely violates the National Voter Registration Act and ordered the state to re-register thousands of voters. The state has
the ruling.
In February,
declared that the law may discriminate against voters of color.
In 2015, Brownback
that gave Kobach authority to prosecute voter fraud. Since then, Kobach has under the law, including one non-citizen. In promoting stricter voting ID laws, Kobach
millions of non-citizens may be registered to vote in the U.S., while failing to prove his claim.
In May, President Donald Trump
vice chairman of a commission to investigate voter fraud in the 2016 election. No evidence has surfaced to back up Trump?s claim that between three million and five million people voted illegally in the election.
Kobach has also
on immigration issues, such as the proposed construction of a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border and the creation of a national registry of Muslim immigrants.
Democrats immediately sought to tie Kobach to Brownback, whose popularity has sagged. (A
conducted earlier this year found 66 percent of Kansas voters disapproving of Brownback?s performance.)
?Kris Kobach would reinstate the disastrous Brownback tax policy that dragged Kansas into fiscal ruin,? Jared Leopold, communications director for the Democratic Governors Association, said. He added that Kobach has ?aggressively chased the national spotlight pushing outlandish voter fraud conspiracy theories when he should have been doing his job for the people of Kansas.?
Kansas Democratic Party chairman John Gibson sounded a similar note, saying that by nominating Kobach, the state?s GOP ?would continue to endorse the failures? of Brownback.
Businessman Wink Hartman has also announced he?ll seek the Republican nomination. On the Democratic side, former Wichita Mayor Carl Brewer and former state Secretary of Agriculture Josh Svaty are running.
New satellite images from Global Precipitation Measurement mission offers a visualization of the extreme rainfall that has accumulated in Florida since June 1.
Golden State Warriors star Draymond Green has been relatively quiet with referees, but LeBron James pulled off a Green-like kick on the final shot of Game 3.
Supreme Court rejects an appeal by parents of sick baby Charlie Gard, over plans to take him to the US for treatment.
Voting is underway in Britain after a campaign marred by two terrorist attacks.
Manchester City complete the signing of 23-year-old goalkeeper Ederson Moraes from Portuguese side Benfica.
In her second day of testimony, the woman at the heart of the sexual assault case against Bill Cosby was questioned closely by a Cosby team lawyer.
This is meow-gical.
A family in Charlotte, North Carolina decided to throw their cat, , a beautifully frilly quincea?era for her 15th birthday.
A quincea?era is a Latino a coming of age celebration that marks a girl?s transition into womanhood when she turns 15 years old.
?She?s not just an ordinary cat, she?s a member of our family,? one of her owners, Brigitte Olavarria, told HuffPost. ?She has a big personality and it doesn?t go unnoticed.?
Angel, Brigitte?s sister, said that the 15-year-old cat has also outlived all the family?s other pets.
?We wanted to celebrate her long life properly,? Angel told HuffPost. ?She is defintiely a princess at heart, so we knew your standard birthday celebration wouldn?t suffice.?
The whole idea came about when Angel joked about throwing Luna a quincea?era about a year ago.
?I never actually thought it would happen,? Angel said. ?But my mom loves throwing parties and loves our pets even more, so once she caught wind of the idea she started planning.?
Their mom, Maritza, found a purr-fect dress on Amazon and found an adorable crown at Walmart in the Christmas ornaments section.
Maritza also ordered a traditional tres leches cake from the family?s favorite bakery and bought an assortment of decorations from the dollar store (Luna got tuna, of course.) On the day of the party, twelve people showed up for the festivities.
?It felt like a real birthday party,? Angel said.
The whole thing was so cute, that on Monday, Angel decided
on Reddit. The pictures got people?s attention.
Which is all well and good, but really, how did Luna like the whole shindig?
?Luna seemed to really enjoy it,? Brigitte told HuffPost. ?She was such a good sport during the whole celebration. I think she was happy to see our family together. But, her eyes really lit up when we opened that can of tuna. She loses her mind over tuna.?
The family is already planning her 16th birthday celebrtion.
?We are thinking about throwing her a sweet 16,? Brigitte said. ?Every additional year we get with our precious Luna deserves to be celebrated!?
Singer Ariana Grande shared a message to her fans as she prepared to resume her world tour in Paris, France.
Researchers at American University are using a novel sampling and imaging technique to study the effects of pollution insides of coral.
Four officials, including the acting director of the F.B.I. and the director of national intelligence, were pressed about their interactions with President Trump.
Watch the wickets as Pakistan’s bowlers remove Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock, Faf du Plessis and AB de Villiers to reduce South Africa to 90-4 in the Champions Trophy.
Eight people are now known to have died in the London attack after police searching for Xavier Thomas find a body.
The background behind the three men who killed seven people and injured 48 others.
Most mornings and afternoons, a newly built footpath that plunges through a grove of towering redwoods is clogged with workers and school kids.
Revelations about three assailants tumbled into the open, raising pressure on Prime Minister Theresa May to explain how the signs were missed.
Like what you read below?
and get a cheeky dose of political news every evening!
President Trump?s inability to
has raised an existential question: If there?s fighting in the war room, but no one is around to hear it, is there ? truly ? no fighting in the war room? Trump joked that Jared Kushner is now , so presumably Kushner will soon be tasked with defaming himself. And an author of the torture memos has been
in the Department of Transportation. We guess The Hague should be put on notice that things might be going south fast at American weigh stations. This is HUFFPOST HILL for Tuesday, June 6th, 2017:
SENATE GOP HOPEFUL ABOUT OBAMACARE REPEAL – Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 589,581,600 times, er…. Burgess Everett, Jennifer Haberkorn and Adam Cancryn: ?After two weeks of increasingly dour assessments from Republicans on the party?s stalled healthcare efforts, Senate Republicans emerged from more than two hours of meeting with a fresh burst of optimism that they could actually pass a bill to repeal and replace the health law. Sen. Lindsey Graham went into Tuesday?s party lunch predicting that the Republican effort to gut Obamacare was ?more likely to fail than not.? He emerged singing a different tune: The health care overhaul he heard about contains ?promising proposals? and he was for holding a vote this month after the Congressional Budget Office weighs in and the party?s idea are put into legislative form. ?Now I say promising, but I don?t know what it looks like legislatively?the key word is promising,? Graham said. ?There better be [a vote this month], because this is not like fine wine, it does not get better with age.?? []
It might be wise to get blackout drunk on Thursday: ?President Donald Trump may live-tweet fired
on Thursday, pursuing a habit that frequently causes trouble for his administration. Trump will weigh in ?if he feels the need to respond? to anything Comey says, The Washington Post?s Robert Costa reported on Tuesday.? []
RIP, Jared: ?Jared Kushner, a top White House aide and Trump?s son-in-law, also attended the meeting. Trump joked during the gathering that his aide ?has become much more famous than me.? Trump, through laughter, added: ?I?m a little bit upset about that.?? []
FAKE NEWS: ONE HELLUVA DRUG – We?re going to be so pissed if World War Three starts because of something posted on RealNewsNow.biz. Evan Perez and Shimon Prokupecz: ?US investigators believe Russian hackers breached Qatar?s state news agency and planted a fake news report that contributed to a crisis among the US? closest Gulf allies, according to US officials briefed on the investigation. The FBI recently sent a team of investigators to Doha to help the Qatari government investigate the alleged hacking incident, Qatari and US government officials say. Intelligence gathered by the US security agencies indicates that Russian hackers were behind the intrusion first reported by the Qatari government two weeks ago, US officials say. Qatar hosts one of the largest US military bases in the region.? []
TORTURE MEMO AUTHOR GIVEN JOB IN TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT – Ryan J. Reilly: ?President Donald Trump will nominate a former George W. Bush administration official who authored legal memos authorizing interrogation techniques widely regarded as torture for a job in the Trump administration. Steven G. Bradbury, the former acting head of the Justice Department?s Office of Legal Counsel, will be nominated general counsel to the Transportation Department, the White House said Monday night. He?s now a private lawyer at the Dechert LLP firm in Washington, specializing in regulatory enforcement, rulemaking and judicial review of agency actions, according to the White House?. Bradbury, along with John Yoo and Jay Bybee, were the key authors of documents that came to be known as the ?torture memos? ? legal opinions that approved the use of so-called ?enhanced interrogation techniques.?? []
Like HuffPost Hill? Then order Eliot?s book,
Does somebody keep forwarding you this newsletter? Get your own copy. It?s free! . Send tips/stories/photos/events/fundraisers/job movement/juicy miscellanea to . Follow us on Twitter –
OLD SOLDIERS DON?T DIE, THEY JUST…WERE NEVER HIRED IN THE FIRST PLACE – Wow, full employment is impacting the government in all sorts of ways. Vera Bergengruen: ?Four months into his presidency, Donald Trump has filled only five of the 53 top jobs at the Pentagon ? the slowest pace for nominations and confirmations in over half a century. Several of his high-profile picks, including Navy and Army secretary nominees, have had to withdraw because of their business entanglements. In other cases, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis has clashed with the White House, which has blacklisted national security and defense leaders who publicly disagreed with Trump during the 2016 campaign, according to several current and former defense officials?. The investigation into ties between the Trump campaign and Russian officials is also scaring off people who had been on the fence about joining the administration.? []
AHHHHHH, YES, THE DELICATE GAME OF CHESS THAT IS DIPLOMACY – Akbar Shahid Ahmed: ?President Donald Trump escalated a spiraling Middle East crisis on Tuesday morning in tweets attacking Qatar, which hosts 10,000 American troops at the largest U.S. military base in the region. Beginning a little after 8 a.m., the president put out three statements criticizing Qatar and praising neighboring countries ? including Saudi Arabia ? for their moves to isolate the nation in recent days.? []
We?re all going to die: ?The chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee was stunned Tuesday when told by reporters about President Trump?s tweets on Qatar. Asked for his reaction, Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) first said he hadn?t seen the tweets. Told by a reporter that Trump accused Qatar of being a state sponsor of terrorism, Corker responded, in a notably lower register, ?The president??? []
SESSIONS IN THE DOG HOUSE – Did somebody say? Attorney General Mitt Romney? Christina Wilkie: ?White House press secretary Sean Spicer refused to answer a question on Tuesday about whether President Donald Trump still has confidence in Attorney General Jeff Sessions. ?I don?t have a comment on that,? Spicer told reporters during his daily briefing, when asked to describe the president?s confidence in Sessions. Pressed further, Spicer said, ?I have not had that discussion with [Trump], and if I haven?t had a discussion about a subject, I tend not to speak about it.? Spicer?s non-answer follows a New York Times report on Monday that describes Trump?s growing frustration with his attorney general, whom the president reportedly blames for the escalation of an FBI probe into ties between Trump?s campaign and Russian officials. On Tuesday, Trump also tweeted his frustration with the Justice Department?s adjustments to his first travel ban ? changes that were aimed at trying to convince federal judges to uphold the ban. Trump had, of course, approved those changes when he signed the revised executive order.? []
ALLEGED SOURCE BEHIND INTERCEPT NSA/RUSSIA STORY ARRESTED – Ryan J. Reilly: ?A government contractor in Georgia was arrested this weekend after a
was leaked on an alleged cyberattack attempt by Russian military intelligence officers on a voting software company and local election officials. Reality Leigh Winner, a 25-year-old federal contractor for Pluribus International Corp. who had a top secret security clearance and was working at a government agency, was arrested by FBI agents Saturday at her home in Augusta, Georgia,
the Justice Department?. The affidavit states that an ?Intelligence Community Agency? was contacted by a ?News Outlet? about an upcoming story on May 30. The news outlet gave the agency a copy of the May 5 document, and the agency ?determined the pages of the intelligence reporting appeared to be folded and/or creased, suggesting they had been printed out and hand-carried out of a secure place,? the affidavit states.? []
The Trump administration seems to be following Obama?s lead on arresting sources, .
FORMER NC GOVERNOR: ?NON-CITIZENS? DEFEATED ME – A noun, a verb and voter fraud. Julia Craven: ?If anybody can hold a grudge, it?s former North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory (R). During a speech at the state Republican Party?s annual convention on Saturday, McCrory took the opportunity to once again claim that he lost his re-election bid in November because of voter fraud. ?I know for a fact that we had a lot of non-citizens that were voting,? McCrory said, according to the Raleigh News & Observer. ?Ladies and gentlemen, voter ID would have stopped it. Keep it a clean bill, stay with a voter ID law and get that passed.?? []
BECAUSE YOU?VE READ THIS FAR – Here?s a bulldog .
WALL STREET JOURNAL GETTING TIRED OF TRUMP – Your move, OAN News. Ryan Grenoble: ?The paper?s generally conservative board
on Tuesday, making a strong case for the president to lay off his ?pointless personal feuding.? The president is both seriously damaging U.S. interests and undermining his own agenda, the editorial argues.
Exhibit A in its argument: Trump?s tweets following the terror attack in London over the weekend. He lashed out at London Mayor Sadiq Khan,
inventing a ?pathetic excuse? for the city?s increased police presence. In reality, Khan was merely telling citizens they had ?no reason to be alarmed? by the added law enforcement officers.? []
COMFORT FOOD
– Behold: the .
at Shakespeare?s prose and verse.
– Apparently McDonald?s executives .
TWITTERAMA
Sen Graham: “I don't believe Trump colluded with the Russians because I don't think he colludes with his own staff.”
? Erica Werner (@ericawerner)
love that line in The Godfather Part II when Michael kisses his brother and goes “you've become more famous than me, Fredo.”
Ryan (@morninggloria)
I don't think there's any such thing as “too racist for Breitbart,” but clearly there's “too obvious,” and Katie McHugh reached it.
? Tom Nichols (@RadioFreeTom)
Got something to add? Send tips/quotes/stories/photos/events/fundraisers/job movement/juicy miscellanea to Eliot Nelson ()
Boeing has received an $11.6 million contract for production engineering support required for the F/A-18 E/F, EA-18G and Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System.
Two Phase 3 clinical trials have shown that tildrakizumab is effective and well-tolerated in patients with moderate-to-severe chronic plaque psoriasis.
New Zealand’s Kane Williamson misses out on a second century in as many matches as he is caught behind off England’s Mark Wood.
The police said the third assailant was Youssef Zaghba, 22, an Italian of Moroccan ancestry. One of the three, Khuram Shazad Butt, 27, had worked for the London Underground.
A Jersey City tower built by the family firm was financed with some $190 million in loans, including $50 million through the so-called EB-5 visa program.
The US is “looking carefully” at its participation on the UN Human Rights Council, its envoy says.
The former FBI Director will testify in front of US Congress and comment on whether President Trump wanted him to stop investigating his connections to Russia.
The New England Patriots on Monday signed offensive lineman Tony Garcia, the team’s third-round pick of the 2017 draft.
A woman locked up in a family detention center with her two kids was released last week following a .
Samira Hakimi, an Afghan national, made the attempt on her life in a desperate bid to free her children from the Karnes County Residential Center in Texas. The family had been detained there for six months after crossing into the United States from Mexico through a legal port of entry.
The prolonged detention appears to defy a 2015 ruling by U.S. District Judge Dolly Gee requiring immigration authorities to generally free detained families after three weeks to avoid violating the 1997 Flores settlement, which specifies that children should be held in the least-restrictive setting possible and usually freed.
Hakimi and her two children finally won release last week after an immigration judge based at the center approved their asylum claims.
Hakimi and her family have established a high school and multi-branch university based in Kabul that taught a Western curricula in both English and Dari. The private university reserved more than half its scholarships for women.
The family faced repeated threats since 2013 from the Taliban for their work. That year, the family moved onto the university campus to avoid commuting and contracted private security guards. Last year, they fled to South America, and continued to Mexico and eventually Texas, where they requested asylum.
Hakimi is now in San Francisco with her two children, according to RAICES, a nonprofit group that helps provide legal services to detained families.
But several additional family members remain detained, even though they entered the United States at the same time and have similar cases.
Hakimi?s sister, Nazifa, is still locked up at Karnes with her 10-month-old baby. Nazifa had been pregnant when she and her sister first fled Afghanistan with their families.
?We know that Samira was granted asylum,? Amy Fischer, the policy director for RAICES, told HuffPost, adding that the vast majority of family detainees are released shortly after their ?credible fear? interviews ? the first step toward applying.
?We see no reason why this family ought to remain detained, particularly because there is such a small baby,? Fischer said. ?We?re asking for ICE to release them immediately. Since Samira left, [Nazifa] is all alone. She doesn?t speak English, she only speaks Dari. She?s in there with her tiny baby without a single person to talk to.?
The husbands of both Hakimi and Nazifa also remain detained at all-male immigrant detention centers in Texas.
If you or someone you know needs help, call 1-800-273-8255 for the
. You can also text HELLO to 741-741 for free, 24-hour support from the . Outside of the U.S., please visit the
for a database of resources.
Astronomers have discovered a gas giant with an unusually intimate orbit around its host star.
Margaret Court just got served by .
McEnroe, 58, took his fellow tennis legend to task over
in a cheeky, strongly worded video posted to YouTube over the weekend. Court, who has won a record 24 Grand Slam single titles, argued last week that her sport is ?,? and referenced Adolf Hitler in discussing transgender children. The 74-year-old also declared that she?d
in her native Australia because the airline?s CEO has been an of .
In his clip, McEnroe joked that Court?s homophobia stemmed from her
to Bobby Riggs, who was then beat by , who is openly gay. ?Now I think I know where that hatred comes from,? he quipped, as seen in the video above.
?Margaret Court is telling us, ?Tennis is full of lesbians,? McEnroe added. ?The way I see it, there are three options regarding this statement. Number one ? this is true, and who gives a f**k? Number two ? this is not true, and who should give a f**k? And number three ? this is half true, and should we really give a f**k??
Shortly after Court
with her homophobic remarks, King and tennis great
(who is also gay) called for the
in Melbourne, Australia, . But in his video, McEnroe offered up a different solution.
?Keep the name and when same-sex marriage becomes legal in Australia, I will personally call my good friend
to host the biggest same-sex, mass wedding ceremony ever seen ? in Margaret Court Arena,? he said. ?Margaret, that?s just the kind of guy I am.?
McEnroe?s final point, however, really punctuated his inclusive argument.
?Do you know how hard it is, still, to come out in 2017? Just think about that,? he said.
Find more ways to combat bigotry by subscribing to the .
Critics accuse the US president of twisting the mayor’s words amid calls to cancel his visit to the UK.
Have you ever wondered how ? The people at My grandma has crows feet, and I hope I’ll find a way to deal with them when I get older. will not only help you begin in internet marketing, but will also guide you through the process. They are a professional organization that will make sure your internet marketing is done right.
In its 20 years on this planet Earth, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer?s Stone ? or Philosopher?s, if you?re British ? has been officially translated
(and unofficially ).
Naturally, some aspects of J.K. Rowling?s characters and plot require a bit of finessing so they make sense in languages other than her native English. The verbal clues that help readers
the school houses of Slytherin and Ravenclaw, for example, turn into ?Serpentard? and ?Serrdaigle? (roughly ?snake? and ?eagle talon?) in French. In German, ?The Mirror of Erised? becomes ?Der Spiegel Nerhegeb? ? ?nerhegeb? being the German word for ?desire? spelled backwards.
Character names aren?t safe from alteration in , either. Buckbeak the Hippogriff becomes ?Hardodziób,? roughly meaning ?haughty beak,? in Poland. In Iceland, Crookshanks the cat becomes ?Skakklappi,? or ?crook-legged.? The wayward owl Pigwidgeon simply is ?Kvík? in Slovak, or ?squeak.?
Rowling?s affinity for puns requires some smart work on the part of the translator, in a recent discussion over whether Ron Weasley and Lavender Brown ever had sex on the ?Harry Potter? sub-Reddit board, users mused over the differences in translation over a scene during Divination class. After Lavender realizes she?s found Uranus, Ron requests whether he can ?see Uranus, too.? Oh, ho, ho ? but for readers in other languages to get the joke, , from ?Uranus? to simply a ?heavenly body? (that Ron would like to see, too). Ten points to the translator who had to finesse that one.
The text isn?t the only thing that has changed as the story of ?Harry Potter? traveled from country to country. Various publishers chose to stray from the American cover illustrated by Mary GrandPré or the U.K. version created by Thomas Taylor, while others did not. Here are 21 magical covers from the first ?Harry Potter? book that stole our hearts.
British English
Portuguese
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Sunday rejected allegations that his country influenced last year?s U.S. presidential election, saying such an act ?wouldn?t make sense? and that he hadn?t seen ?any direct proof of Russian interference? that would have aided the election of .
In an interview with Megyn Kelly on NBC?s ?,? Putin fired back at assertions that Russia had meddled in the election, at times getting noticeably agitated with the line of questioning. At one point, he told Kelly that Russia didn?t care who the American president was as the ?main political direction does not change.?
?Presidents come and go, and even the parties in power change,? he said. ?That?s why, in the grand scheme of things, we don?t care who?s the head of the United States, we know more or less what?s going to happen. And so, in this regard, even if we wanted to, it wouldn?t make sense for us to interfere.?
Putin to : “In the grand scheme of things, we don't care who's the head of the United States”
? NBC News (@NBCNews)
Putin repeatedly rejected claims that Russian hackers had
win the election ? an assertion that has been . Officials at those organizations have said Putin personally ?? in an intelligence report ordered by former President Barack Obama.
?I haven?t seen, even once, any direct proof of Russian interference in the presidential election in the United States,? Putin told Kelly.
One of the most vehement denials during the interview, however, came when Kelly asked about a slew of meetings between members of the Trump campaign and Russia?s ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Kislyak.
Michael Flynn, Trump?s former national security adviser, was forced to resign after he mischaracterized a meeting he had had with Kislyak. In recent months, several other administration officials, including Attorney General Jeff Sessions and adviser Jared Kushner, have also come under increased scrutiny over their dealings with Kislyak.
Putin denied that he had any knowledge of such encounters, first telling Kelly that there ?were no meetings? and then clarifying that he had not been informed because there was ?nothing to even talk about.?
?I?m being completely honest with you,? Putin said. ?I don?t know. The routine job of an ambassador ? do you think that from all over the world, or from the United States, the ambassador reports to me every day who he meets with or what they discuss there? That?s complete nonsense.?
?There wasn?t any kind of discussion about sanctions or anything else,? he said. ?You created a sensation out of nothing.?
The Russian president also declined to address reports that he was in possession of a secret dossier of compromising material on Trump, and said there was no ?special relationship? between the two men.
?There was a time when he used to come to Moscow,? he said. ?But you know, I never met with him. We have a lot of Americans who visit us.?
“So we're getting out.” And, with those , Donald Trump turned his back on humanity, and pulled the US out of the Paris climate pact, callously condemning future generations on earth to a life of sweltering purgatory.
Ignoring the pleas of world leaders, titans of industry and even the Pope himself, the president has placed himself at odds with not only the G7, but all 195 nations who backed the deal.
And, despite his determination to put ?America First? and ?Make It Great Again?, Trump has only expressed contempt for the rules-based world order, eroded Washington’s standing in the globe, whilst casting the US as a climate pariah.
former US Treasury secretary Lawrence Summers: ?We may have our first post-rational president. And, in the
of John Kerry: ?This is one of the most self-destructive moves I have ever seen by any president in my lifetime.?
Make no mistake: this marks the end of the US-led world order.
Alas, the tragedy of the situation can not be overstated. It represents nothing short of complete apathy towards the gravest threat facing man kind.
According to the , without concerted global action, world temperatures will race past the 4C mark well before the turn of this century, ushering in earth shattering changes not seen since the last Ice Age. This in turn will trigger a mass extinction event which may make the elimination of the dinosaurs seem like a bedtime story.
The move drew instant fire from one of the key architects behind the deal Barack Obama. Releasing a
almost simultaneously whilst the Tweeter-in-Chief delivered his, the former president said: ?The nations that remain in the Paris Agreement will be the nations that reap the benefits in jobs and industries created.?
But, vilification was perhaps most fierce amongst America?s closest G7 allies: “I say to everyone who values the future of our planet, for the sake of Mother Nature, let?s continue together on the path to success? German Chancellor Angela Merkel. And, playing on the Trump?s mantra to ‘Make America Great Again’, , the new French leader made calls to: ?Make Our Planet Great Again.?
The Tycoon Tweeter’s announcement came after weeks of intense debate within the White House. Despite pleas from his daughter Ivanka and Secretary of State, Trump?s chief strategist Steve Bannon urged Trump to remain loyal to the G.O.P. leadership, and most importantly to
whose support was beginning to wane. During the campaign trail, the Apprentice star .
“I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris? he said: ?It is time to put Youngstown, O Detroit, M and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania before Paris, France.?
And, it was like salve to the wounds of the blue collar Americans who elected him because they were sick of globalisation and all of its perceived ills.
But, as Solomon writes in the Book of Ecclesiastes “V all is vanity”, it was a craven move which put Trump?s political self-interest ahead of the lives of millions of people.
And, despite his campaign pledge to bring back coal, a lot of those jobs are forever lost owing to
Moreover, the dirty fossil fuel will only continue to face stiff competition from America’s vast supply of cheap natural gas. Plus, US wind and solar power now employ almost
as many people as the coal sector.
But, the move does enable Trump to deflect some attention away from his growing list of legislative failures and the ever widening Russia scandal which has now engulfed his inner circle, potentially claiming the scalp of his personal adviser and son in law Jared Kushner.
Bizarrely, the property tycoon still managed to sow confusion by claiming that the US will start to
the Paris accord on more favourable terms: ?We will see if we can make a deal that?s fair.
And if we can, that?s great.
And if we can?t, that?s fine.
The comment is not only completely farcical, but wholly unrealistic: the world has no appetite to forge a new deal to replace one that was so painstakingly crafted in the first place. The Paris accord is the end product of nearly 20 years of torturous climate talks. In the past, rich and poor nations clashed over who should make the bulk of cuts, but as the science grew more terrifying, nearly 200 nations overcame their differences and struck a deal for the sake of posterity.
A next to impossible achievement in high diplomatic art, the 2015 accord was hailed as a victory for mankind.
But, what a difference one US election makes.
After all, if the world’s second largest polluter heads towards the exit, then why shoud everyone else stay on board? Plus, there is now the risk that remaining nations will only backslide and water down their commitments.
But, countries across the world do have one weapon at their disposal: they can
Trump?s climate vandalism with economic , and carbon border taxes. Members of the Paris accord should make it clear that they will not tolerate free riders, and countries that shirk their climate responsibilities will pay the price, especially the US.
After all,
it has polluted the atmosphere more than any other nation on earth. And, on a per capita basis, it is still the world’s worst offender with the average American releasing twice as many CO2 emissions than someone living in either Europe or Japan.
As climate author Naomi Klein : ?When you unilaterally decide to burn the world, there should be a price to pay. And that should be true whether you are the United States government, or Exxon Mobil ? or some Frankenstein merger of the two.?
Nevertheless, the EU and China have already vowed to fill the void left by the US’s withdrawal by forging a new green alliance. By 2020, the two powerhouses hope to raise
to help poorer countries meet their climate commitments.
Some commentators have even suggested that Beijing may take up the mantle of climate champion in the wake of Amerca?s retreat. After all, it was the Chinese president together with Obama who spearheaded the treaty in the first place. P it?s coal use has fallen for the third year running, whilst it installs enough solar panels to cover 3 football pitches every single hour.
Although we may live in a world which America in part made, Trump is now ?rapidly unmaking it?, and as the FT's Martin Wolf :
?We cannot ignore that grim reality.” In spite of being in power for less than 6 months, ?he has revolutionised our ideas of what the US stands for.? And, as long as America continues its retreat into itself, other nations such as China will only fill the void and take over its crown as global leader.
Moreover, by choosing to pull out of the pact, Trump has only made climate change a dynamite issue during the next presidential race. Although he may be hoping that this will play to his advantage, his actions may backfire as a record number of Americans are now concerned about . And, this will only benefit his Democratic rival.
Theoretically, a new president can re-enter the pact under executive agreement, and it will only take
to take effect. That means that the US may only be out of the agreement for a few months.
And, whilst it is sad that the climate movement has arrived at this dark juncture, it shall not be derailed by one badly coiffed buffoon whose mark in history will hopefully be short lived. As Bill McKibben
in the New York Times: “It our duty to make sure that history will judge Donald Trump?s name with the contempt it deserves. Not just because he didn?t take climate change seriously, but because he didn?t take civilisation seriously.?
Kerr, who sought treatment for pain stemming from a back operation, stepped aside from his usual duties after the Warriors? first two games of the playoffs.
A Brooklyn police officer is in critical condition after being dragged for 2-1/2 blocks by a stolen car driven by a 15-year-old boy, police said Sunday.
About 1,500 football fans were injured in the Italian city after a firecracker caused panic.
Seven people are dead and over 40 injured, after three people launched a van and knife attack.
Phil Murphy, the front-runner in , faces new questions about his tenure at Wall Street giant Goldman Sachs with the election just days away.
The campaign of attorney Jim Johnson, Murphy?s closest competitor in the race, criticized Murphy for serving as president of Goldman Sachs Asia at a time when the division profited from an investment in Yue Yuen Industrial, a Taiwan-based shoemaker. Human rights groups claim to have documented widespread labor abuses by Yue Yuen, including the company docking workers? already modest pay for mistakes and running factories where machines sometimes severed workers? hands and fingers, according to an .
?Murphy?s record at Goldman Sachs undercuts what he says on the campaign trail to working families, and it shows that he should not be trusted when he promises to disavow money in politics,? Johnson campaign manager Jocelyn Steinberg said in a Friday . ?Voters in New Jersey don?t need any more political gimmicks ? they deserve an explanation from Phil Murphy about his time at Goldman Sachs before they head to the polls on June 6.?
Murphy?s campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment from HuffPost, but provided a statement to NJ Advance Media.
?These investments were made by a committee at Goldman Sachs? main office in New York with which Phil had no involvement, well before Phil relocated from Germany to Hong Kong to run Goldman Sachs? office in Asia,? Murphy spokeswoman Julie Roginsky said in a statement. ?Suggesting that Phil is accountable for the decisions of others is irresponsibly deceitful and holds him to an unreasonable standard.?
Johnson, 56, a senior Treasury Department official in the Bill Clinton administration, has spent the last several years practicing civil rights law, fighting for greater police accountability. If elected, he would be the Garden State?s first African-American governor.
Johnson has nonetheless had a hard time establishing himself as the race?s true progressive, notwithstanding Murphy?s history at the controversial Goldman Sachs and the wave of anti-elite populism sweeping both major parties.
Murphy, 59, an ambassador to Germany during the Barack Obama administration, has poured more than $20 million of his own money into his bid, securing the endorsements of major labor unions and former Vice President . He has silenced would-be criticism with an
of support for the $15 minimum wage, marijuana legalization and the creation of a public bank.
Polling is sparse in the race, but in a
conducted by Stockton University, Murphy had a lead of 24 percentage points over Johnson. Other candidates trailing Johnson include Assemblyman John Wisniewski, who chaired Vermont Sen. ? presidential campaign in the state, and state Sen. Ray Lesniak. (Sanders has not endorsed in the race, but his son Levi is backing Murphy.)
Candidates from both parties compete in primaries this Tuesday, and the general election will be on Nov. 7. Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno is favored to become the Republican nominee for governor.
The race has thus far received little of the attention lavished on the gubernatorial race taking place in Virginia this November or the special congressional elections that will occur in the meantime.
But New Jersey presents a prime opportunity for Democrats to flip a governorship and add to a very limited tally of states where they control all branches of state government. Outgoing Republican Gov.
has plummeted in popularity, and former Secretary of State
beat President
in the state, making it ripe territory for a Democratic pickup.
During her Friday,
compared her photo holding a
to Ted Nugent?s past comments that many interpreted as the
the president?s predecessor.
In 2012, , ?We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their [the Obama administration?s] heads off in November.? He also said, ?If Barack Obama becomes the next president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.?
The musician called ?? on Friday to address Griffin?s comparison and defend his past statements.
On the idea that Griffin?s actions toward Trump and his concerning Obama were similar, he said, ?It?s absolutely false.?
Nugent said the Secret Service had looked into the matter. ?They concluded, absolutely conclusively, I did not threaten anybody?s life,? he said. According to the musician, ?Kathy Griffin and the whole left? just repeat ?the lie? that he threatened the president?s life.
?Never happened,? Nugent said.
Co-host Eboni Williams pressed Nugent on what he meant by comments made during a, where he reportedly said, ?Obama, he?s a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch.?
Nugent said in the Griffin situation, Trump and his family are just reacting to her ?vile actions,? while his statement was just an ?outrageous metaphor.?
?It?s good to see that everyone is condemning Kathy Griffin?s action, because it is nasty,? he said. ?This is a world of terrorism where beheading is a reality.?
?We?re talking apples and grenades here. I did nothing to harm anyone,? he added. ?She came out with this symbolism that was truly vile.?
S}

我要回帖

更多关于 timetravel吉他教学 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信