My English teacher usually walks是什么意思 to school every

阅读理解 Want to stay away from colds? Put on a happy face. Compared to unhappy people, those who are cheerful and relaxed are less likely to suffer from cold, according to a new study. It's possible tha 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
阅读理解&&&&&& Want to stay away from colds? Put on a happy face. Compared to unhappy people, those who are cheerful and relaxed are less likely to suffer from cold, according to a new study. It's possible that being happy helps the body fight illnesses, say the researchers from New York University.&&&&&& "It seems that positive(积极的) feelings may reduce the danger of illness," said the study's chief researcher Sheldon Cohen.&&&&&& In an earlier study, Cohen found that people who were cheerful and lively caught coughs and colds less often People who showed positive feelings were also less likely to tell their doctors that they felt ill.&&&&&& In this study, Cohen's study interviewed 193 adults every day for two weeks. During the interviews, the people told researchers about the happy or sad feelings they had that day.&&&&&& After the two weeks, the people were given colds by doctors and had to stay alone in a room for six days.&&&&&& The result showed that everyone in the study was equally likely to get ill. But for people who said they felt happy during the&&research&&period , their illness was less serious and lasted for a shorter time.&&&&&& Cohen believes that when people experienced positive feelings, their body may produce a chemical that helps fight illness and disease. So if you are worried about your health, look on the bright side more often.1. Which of the following was NOT a part of the study'?A. People talked about their feelings every day.B. People were kept alone. for six days.C. People were given colds by doctors.D. People were made to feel unhappy.2. What did the study find?&&A. People who felt happy never got ill.B. People's feelings didn't influence their health.C. People with good feelings became ill more easily.D. People with positive feelings had less serious ill-nesses.3. According to Cohen, which of the following may help&fight illness?A. Eating.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. Crying.C. Laughing.&&&&&&&&&&&&D. Sleeping.4. This passage is a/an ________.&A. advertisement&&&&&&&&B. newspaper reportC. story&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. scientist's diary5. What is the best title for this passage?A. Smiles can fight coldsB. Cause of colds foundC The danger of coldsD. How people get sick
1-5 D D C B A
练习册系列答案
科目:初中英语
来源:山东省期末题
题型:阅读理解
阅读理解&&&& I'm a student in a middle school. I'll tell you something about my English teacher, Mrs. Wang. She is a middle-aged(中年) woman. She is not tall and not short, and she is also not fat and not thin. She has long, black hair. She likeswearing(穿) a red dress. She is very beautiful. She speaks English very well. She has three classes a week, but theyaren't on Tuesday or Friday. All the students in her class love her very much.&&&& Mrs. Wan lives near the school. She walks to school early every morning. Her two children are twins. They're inGrade Four in a primary school(小学). But they are not in the same class. They often wear the same clothes. They lookvery happy.1. Mrs. Wang is a middle-aged __________. She speaks English very well.A. manB. doctorC. womanD. aunt2. ______&looks&very&beautiful.A. Her&faceB. Her&long,&black&hairC. SheD. Her&body 3. She has English classes only on __________.A. Sunday, Wednesday and TuesdayB. Saturday, Thursday and FridayC. Monday, Wednesday and ThursdayD. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday4. Mrs. Wang and her children are __________.A. not in a middle schoolB. not in the same schoolC. not in a primary school(小学)D. in different classes5. The&twins&are&very&happy,&they&often&wear&__________.A. the&same&trousersB. the&same&dressesC. the&same&clothesD. different&clothes
来源:山东省月考题
阅读理解。&&&&&& My nine-year-old daughter, Maria, is in Grade Two. Every evening we get into homework & battles (争执). Three afternoons a week, she has sport~ after school. When we get home, homework is & the last thing she likes to do. The other two days, she gets home early. I think she should do her & homework just after school. But she thinks she should have some time to rest and play first. When & Maria finally sits down to do her homework. she wants me to help her, I do wan! to help, but I'm sure & she needs to do it by herself (全靠她自己). And most of the time, I have to do other things.&&&&& Children these days have much more homework, than we did, and some of it is really difficult for them. & As you can see, I'm really worried about homework and I really don't know what I should do. Any & ideas? Help me!1. The woman's daughter is _____.A. four years old&& B. six years old&&&&&&C. eight years old&&&&D. nine years old2. Maria doesn't have any sports after school for&_____ afternoons in a week.&&&A. two&&&&&&&&&&&&B. three&&&&&&&&&&C. five&&&&D. seven3. Maria wants to&_____ first when she gets home early.A. do her homework&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. play basketball and sing&&&&C. have supper&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. have a rest and play4. The woman thinks that her daughter should do her homework _____.A. by herself&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. with the motherC. with the father&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. with the classmates5. What does the phrase "worried about" mean?A. 关心&&&&B. 担忧&&&&C. 涉及D. 思量
来源:山东省月考题
阅读理解。
&&&& When people travel in another city or country, they sometimes stay in the homes of the local people. This is called homestay. It is a great experience because you can meet people from a different country or city and learn something new about that place. I am Wan Li from China. I came to the UK with my friends for a short visit. we are living with an English couple, Mr. and Mrs.Green, in the west of London. They have a wonderful four-bedroom house. This is a new house. It has two bathrooms and a garden with many beautiful flowers. I have a bedroom of my own. &&&& There are some shopping centres and restaurants near the house, and the house is close to an under-ground station. It takes about thirty minutes to get to the centre of London. &&&& I think a homestay may be a good choice for you if it is your first time to visit abroad. The local people are friendly and willing to help. If you happen to celebrate the holidays with them, you will get to know more about western culture and customs.
1. The underlined word homestay in the passage means _____.A . Stay at home. B. Stay in the homes of one's friends C . Stay in the homes of one's relatives D. Stay in the homes of the local people.2. Wan Li and his friends live with _____ in London.A. Mr. and Mrs. Bush B. Mr. and Mrs. GreenC. Mr. and Mrs. D. Mr. and Mrs. Brown3. There is _____ near the house.A. a bus station B. an underground stationC. a train station D. an airport4. How long does it take Wan Li to get to the centre of&London from the west of London?A. Thirty minutes. B. Thirteen minutes. C. Twenty minutes. D. Forty minutes.5. When travelers to the Great Britain happen to celebrate the holidays with the local people they will learn&more about _____.A. western culture and customsB. world culture and customsC. eastern culture and customsD. southern culture and customs
来源:同步题
阅读理解。&&&&&&& Country Festival Date & Traditional Customs Japan Adults Day is on the second Monday in January. If anyone you know has turned 20 over the past year, celebrate with them. According to Japanese tradition,they are now old enough to take their place in society as an adult. Germany Oktoberfest. It is a sixteen-day festival held each year in Munich,during late September to early October.It is a beer drinking festival and people can also eat traditional food, such as chicken, roastpork, sausages,cheese noodles,potato pancakes,red cabbage, India Diwali.It is a 5-day Hindu festival,which takes place on the fifteenth day of Kartika (印度历的8月)every year, Lamps,lights and candles are lit as a greeting to Goddess (女神) Laksmi. Presents are exchanged and candy,meals areprepared during Diwali. Thailand Songkran Festival. &&&&&&& Songkran Festival Day is a Thai traditional New Year which starts on April 13th every year and lasts (持续) for 3&&days. Songkran Festival on April&&13th is Maha Songkran Day or the day to mark the end of the old year. April 14th is Wan Nao which is the day after and April 15th is Wan Thaloeng Sok which the New Year begins. At this time,people from the countries who are working in the cityusually return home to celebrate the festival.根据表格内容,选择正确答案 。1. Which of the following festivals lasts the longest?&&&A. Adults Day.&&&& B. Oktoberfest.&&&& C. Diwali.&&&& D. Songkran Festival Day.2. In Japan, Adults Day is celebrated for people aged &&&&&&&&.&& A.16&&&&&&B.18&&&& C.20&&&& D.21&3. Where is Songkran Festival Day celebrated?&&&&A. In Japan.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. In Cermany.&&&&&& C. In India.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. In Thailand.4. Why do people light lamps,lights and candles during Diwali?&&&&&&A. To greet Coddess Laksmi.&&&&&&B. To welcome the coming year.&&&&&&C. To celebrate the harvest.&&&&&&D. To mark the end of the old year.
来源:0111 期中题
阅读理解。
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Films in West-city Cinema this week
IF YOU ARE THE ONE (非诚勿扰)Chinese film (2008) Directed (导演) by Feng Xiaogang Mainly acted by Ge You, Shu qi From Monday to Wednesday, at 8:00 p.m Ticket Price: RMB¥35
RED CLIFF (赤壁) Chinese Hong Kong film (2008) Directed by Wu Yusen Mainly acted by Liang Chaowei From Wednesday to Friday, at 8:00 p.m Ticket Price: RMB¥40
PLEASANT SHEEP Chinese cartoon film (2008) Directed by Huang Weijian From Friday to Sunday, at 7:30 p.m Ticket Price: BMB¥30 (Half onSunday for children)
LOOK FOR A STAR Chinese Hong Kong film (2008) Directed (导演) by Liu Weiqiang Mainly acted by Liu Dehua, Shu qi From Tuesday to Thursday, at 8:00 p.m Ticket Price: RMB¥45
1. If you wan to see the film which was directed by Feng Xiaogang, go to the cinema on ______.
A. Monday B. Thursday C. Friday D. Saturday
2. Children can pay only ______ when they want to see a film on Sunday.
A. ¥5 B. ¥10 C. ¥15 D. ¥20
3. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. Liu Dehua acted in the film RED CLIFF.    B. The ticket price of the four films is the same. C. All the films start after 8 o'clock in the evening.D. The four films were released (发行) in the same year.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号Ⅳ.完形填空 I live in a small town. My home is a townhouse. It has two 61 .There is a 62 in it. T——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
Ⅳ.完形填空 I live in a small town. My home is a townhouse. It has two 61 .There is a 62 in it. This kind of 63 is very commonhere. We can 64 them everywhere in the street. There is a 65 next to my home. There are many books in it. I often go there and 66 books, because they are very 67 . Many 68 are in the street, too. Sometimes my parents take us to 69 dinner there. I like fish and noodles. There are some other 70 , like supermarkets, clothes shop and so on. I love my hometown. I want to make it beautiful. ( ) 61.A.doors B. windows C. floors D. rooms ( ) 62.A.park B. bridge C. garden D. library ( ) 63.A.house B. room C. window D. door ( ) 64.A.look B. see C. look for D. hear ( ) 65.A.bank B. store C. hospital D. bookstore ( ) 66.A.see B. watch C. read D. look ( ) 67.A.interesting B. interested C. well D. beautiful ( ) 68.A.hotel B. restaurants C. restaurant D. hospitals ( ) 69.A.has B. have C. use D. takes ( ) 70.A.shop B. shops C. shopping D. to shop Ⅴ阅读理解 My name is Zhao Min. I live in Henan. I am now a student of Grade One in a middle school in Henan. Susan Green is my pen pal. She is thirteen years old. She is in Grade Seven in a middle school of the U.S.A. My English teacher says we are in the same grade. How funny it is! In her letter, Susan says she goes to school five days a week. She gets to school at 8:30 in the morning. She doesn’t go home for lunch but has it at school. She goes home at three o’clock in the afternoon. Sometimes she plays games with her friends after school. She often has little homework. 根据短文内容.选择正确答案 ( ) 71.Susan is girl of thirteen years old in a middle school. A. an American B. a Chinese. C. an Australian D. a Japanese ( ) 72.Susan early every day A. goes to school B. goes home C. has lessons D. has lunch ( ) 73.The word “pal means A. student B. teacher C. friend D. letter ( ) 74.What does the underlinedword “it ’’mean? A. I’m in Grade One. Susan is in Grade Seven. But we are in the same grade. B. I’m in Grade One C. Susan is in Grade Seven D. Both B and C. ( ) 75.Which of the following sentences is RIGHT? A. I’m a middle school student in Grade One in America. B. Susan has no homework every day C. Susan has lunch at school. D. Susan often goes to the shop near her school after school. Dear Alice, News! We have a new flat.The rooms are small, but they are comfortable.There are more rooms here than(比) in our old flat. This is good because now I have my own room. My bedroom is my favorite room in our flat. can be alone in it. I can also read or draw in my bedroom. I can listen to my radio or play CDs. I can play games on my computer and send my friends e-mails. My second favorite room is the kitchen. I love helping my mother cook our meals. She is a very good cook and is teaching me how to make many different kinds of dishes.They are delicious. That’s all for now. Write soon and tell me about your home. Please get on the Internet so thatwe can send each other e-mails. All good wishes. Yours, Lily 根据短文内容.判断正 ( ) 76.There are more rooms in Lily’s new flat than in her old one. ( ) 77.The kitchen is Lily’s favorite room in her new flat. ( ) 78.Lily plays CDs and listens to the radio on her computer. ( ) 79.Lily often helps her mum with cooking in the kitchen. ( ) 80.Lily asks Alice to get on the Internet so that they can send each other e-mails. Joy always rides her bike school. It’s four milesto school and it takesher about fifteen minutes. Joy likes riding to school. She says it’s good for health. Edward usually goes to school by bus. He likes talking with his friends on the bus. It’s about ten minutes’ journey to school by bus. Mary’s home is near to school. She usually walks to school. It’s about five minutes’ walk. Mary says she likes taking a walk after meal. 根据短文内容.选择最佳答案 ( ) 81.How does Joy go to school? A. By bike B. By bus C. On foot D. By boat ( ) 82.How far is it from Joy’s home to her school? A.3 miles B.4 miles C.5 miles D.6 miles ( ) 83.Why does Joy like riding to school? A. Because her home is very far from school. B. Because she likes riding very much. C. Because she doesn’t like walking to school. D. Because she thinks it’s good for her health ( ) 84.How long does it take Edward to get to school by bus? A.6 minutes B.8 minutes C.10 minutes D.12 minutes ( ) 85.Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage? A. Edward usually takes a bus to school. B. Mary’s home isn’t far from her school. C. It’s about 15 minutes’ walk from Joy’s home to school. D. PerhapsMary often goes for a walk after meal. 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
下面为同学们推荐部分热门搜索同步练习册答案,要查找更多练习册答案请点击访问
I live in a small
1 . My home is in a
This kind of house is very
there. We can see them everywhere in the street. There is a
next to my home. There are many kinds of books in it. I often go there and read books. That interests me. Many 5
are on the street, too. Sometimes my parents bring us
eat out. I like Sichuan boiled (炸) fish and
in a restaurant named Lin Jiang Xian. There are some other
, such as barber shop .
tailor(裁缝) shop. I
my hometown. I want to make it
beautiful.
(1)A.city  B.town  C.area
(2)A.townhouse  B.farmhouse  C.dormitory
(3)A.usually  B.big  C.common
(4)A.post office  B.bookstore  C.bank
(5)A.restaurants  B.tailor shops  C.gas stations
(6)A.for  B.to  C.on
(7)A.dumplings  B.dinner  C.supper
(8)A.schools  B.shops  C.hospitals
(9)A.do  B.come  C.love
(10)A.more (更加)  B.many  C.much
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号Questia, Your Online Research Library
Well, that was unexpected
We can't seem to find the page you're
looking for.
You may find these suggestions helpful:
Find books or articles using the search box below
If you need additional assistance, please .
An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.Letters from a Father to His Son Entering College by Charles Franklin Thwing - Free Ebook
No cover available
Bibliographic Record
Letters from a Father to His Son Entering College
Thought -- The essential gentleman -- Health as an asset -- Appreciation -- Scholarship -- The intellectual life -- The use of time -- Culture -- College morals -- Weakness of character -- The genesis of success -- Religion.
Release Date
Jun 13, 2010
Copyright Status
Public domain in the USA.
24 downloads in the last 30 days.
Download This eBook
//www.gutenberg.org/files/-h/32803-h.htm
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/32803.epub.images?session_id=cefa1
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/32803.epub.noimages?session_id=cefa1
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/32803.kindle.images?session_id=cefa1
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="5 kB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/32803.kindle.noimages?session_id=cefa1