make someonemakemecry do something语法是怎样的,怎么两个谓语动词。

An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.
If you are the system administrator please click
to find out more about this error.语法课件下载_PPTOK高三语法复习_伤城文章网
高三语法复习
2010.9语法复习语法复习讲解与练习目录1. 第一单元 2. 第二单元 3. 第三单元 4. 第四单元 5. 第五单元 6. 第六单元 7. 第七单元 8. 第八单元 9. 第九单元 10. 第十单元 11. 第十一单元 12. 第十二单元 十二单元 13. 第十三单元 十三单元 14. 第十四单元 十四单元 15. 第十五单元 十五单元 句子结构 / 主语 表语 宾语 宾语补足语 定语 状语 It 的用法 倒装 虚拟语气 I 虚拟语气 II 从句 非谓语动词 动词时态 I 动词时态 II 情态动词 2页 6页 11 页 16 页 22 页 27 页 32 页 40 页 48 页 55 页 61 页 71 页 81 页 88 页 95 页1 2010.9语法复习第一单元句子结构句子是表达完整意思基本单位, 用来陈述事实, 提出问题, 发出请求、 命令, 表示强烈的感情等。 句子是由不同的部分按一定的结构组成的, 组成句子的 各个部分称为句子成份。在句子中起主要作用的句子成份有:主语、谓语、宾 语、宾语补足语和表语。 2. 英语中基本句子结构有下列几种: a) 主语 + 谓语 b) 主语 + 谓语 + 宾语 c) 主语 + 谓语 + 直接宾语 + 间接宾语 d) 主语 + 谓语 + 宾语 + 宾语补足语 e) 主语 + 系动词 + 表语 f) There be + 主语 + 地点 3.句子基本结构之外的成份有定语、和状语。定语、在句子中起修饰名词的作用; 状语起修饰动词、形容词、副词或整个句子的作用。 1.主语1. 概述 主语是一个句子的主体, 一般位于句首。 主语通常是句子要说明的人或事物。 在句子中可以担任主语的有名词、代词、数词、形容词、动名词、动词不定式及 其短语和主语从句等。 2. 主语类型 1)名词 The book is written for high school students. My knowledge of English needs improving. Alice prefers classical music to pop music. The soccer team felt unhappy because they lost in the closing moment of the game. 2)代词 I’m tired of riding in a car, so I begin to ride a bike to work. Who do you think is more capable, Bill or Shannon? It is raining hard outside. Someone left his book on the desk. Two countries border on the United States. One is Canada. The other is Mexico. This is not my car. Mine is over there. 3)数词 Six plus five is eleven. Two-thirds of the book is about people living in the nineteenth century. The first to come, the first to serve. 4)形容词2 2010.9语法复习The rich and the poor live in separate sections in London. The aged and the old are taken good care of in our country. 5)动名词 Seeing is believing. Constant dripping wears away a stone. His coming late for school made the teacher very angry. It is no use talking without doing. 6)动词不定式 To ride with a drunk driver is dangerous. If you know how, it is easy to float in water for a long time. It takes too much time to look up each word in the dictionary. It is necessary for us to learn a foreign language. 7)从句 That he doesn’t understand spoken English is obvious. What she said at the meeting surprised us. It is a pity that you didn’t come to the party. Whether you will come or not is unimportant to me. 语法练习 语法练习 1. ______ now seems impossible. A. Saving money B. Save money C. Being saved money D. To save money 2. It is a great honor for me _____ to visit your country. A. to invite B. having been invited C. to have been invited D. invited 3. ---_______ made him so worried? --- Having lost three tickets to the concert. A. Which B. What C. That D. When 4. ____ is a good form of exercise for both the young and the old. A. The walk B. Walking C. To walk D. Walk 5. Every grammar mistake and spelling mistake _____ corrected. A. have to be B. has to be C. have been D. have 6. When and where to build the new factory _____ yet. A. is not decided B. are not decided C. has not decided D. have not decided 7. It would take years _______ the castle. A. to rebuild B. rebuilding C. rebuilt D. rebuilds 8. _________ we will go out for picnic depends on the weather. A. If B. That C. Why D. Whether 9. _________ proved that my plan was right. A. It had happened B. What had happened C. That had happened D. How had happened 10. Is it necessary ________ the dictionary immediately? A. for him returning B. his returning3 2010.9语法复习C. for him to return D. to return 11. Plastics _________ many other materials. A. has taken the place of B. have taken the place of C. has taken place of D. have taken place of 12. Nobody, but Smith and Johnson, ________ in the laboratory yesterday. A. is B. was C. are D. were 13. ________ is the mother of success. A. Fail B. Failing C. Failure D. To fail 14. Not all students in our school go home on Saturday, _______ still stay in the school. A. a few B. few C. little D. a little 15. It is clear _______ light travels in straight lines. A. which B. that C. what D. / 16. ______ plan is better is not clear yet. A. Which B. What C. That D. This 17. Either your brakes or your eyesight _______ at fault. A. is B. are C. has D. have 18. The planning committee _______ already considered our request. A. have B. has C. are D. is 19. It is no use _______ over spilt milk. A. to cry B. cry C. crying D. cried 20. ________ are invited to express their opinions. A. Public B. Publicity C. The publicity D. The public 词汇练习: 词汇练习: I. Fill in the blanks with the given words each can be used only once: inspect conclude delight confirm concentrate capture account bidregister fascinate1. We ________________ the meeting and went out for lunch. 2. I've accepted the job over the phone, but I haven't ________________ in writing yet. 3. I can't ________________ on my work with all that noise. 4. He gave an interesting ________________ of their vacation.5. Two of the soldiers were killed and the rest were ________________. 6. The captain ________________ his crew every morning to make sure they're ready for action. 7. A foreign collector has ________________ ?500 000 for the painting. 8. Students have to ________________ for the new course by the end of April. 9. I was ________________ to hear about his travels in Kenya. 10. Peter's success at college ________________ his family.4 2010.9语法复习II. Fill in the blanks with the given words some can be used more than once center concentrate inspect fascinate register capture account bidconfirm delight1. I read your letter with great ________________. 2. Please ________________ the title on the page 3. The crowd of people ________________ in the center of the room. 4. Most of the country's population is ________________ in the north. 5. How much money does he have in his bank ________________? 6. After the crash both drivers got out and ________________ their cars for damage. 7. If a child is absent, the teacher notes it down in the (class) ________________. 8. A passer-by ________________ the whole incident on film. 9. Paris is ________________ to host the next Olympics. 10. Science has always ________________ him 11. I called the airline to ________________ my seat on the flight.12. We ________________ our thoughts on finding ways to help the people in need. III. Fill in the blanks
some can be used more than once: suitable energetic cautious familiar burst into set down1. He is ________________ when he's had enough sleep. 2. The film is ________________ for children. 3. My mother doesn't like me wearing short skirts to church - she doesn't think they're ________________. 4. The children were ________________ as they entered the haunted house. 5. The audience sang along with the ________________ song. 6. The rules of the club are ________________ in the members' handbook. 7. The taxi ____________________ a long way from our hotel, and we had to walk. 8. She is ________________ with that part of town. 9. Much to my surprise Ben suddenly ________________ song. 10. Smoke started pouring out from underneath, then the truck ________________ flames.5 2010.9语法复习第二单元表语 1. . 概述表语是用来说明主语的身份、特征和状态的,它的位置一般在系动词之后, 可以作 表语的有:名词、代词、形容词、分词、数词、不定式、动名词、介词及介词短语、副 词以及从句等。 2. 表语所在句型: . 表语所在句型: 主语 + 系动词 + 表语 主语 + be of + 表语 3.表语类型 . 1)名词作表语 As a young man, Lincoln was a storekeeper and a postmaster. My sister remains a school teacher all her life. The book is of great use. The two boys are of the same height. 2) 代词作表语 --- Who is it? --- It is me. --- Whose bike is this? --- It is hers. 3)数词作表语 Ten minus three is seven. My son is twelve (years old). His phone number is . Mexico is eight hundred miles from here. I was the first to leave. 4)形容词作表语 I am hungry. His eyes are brown. He fell ill on his way to Europe. He stayed wide awake. She looks younger than her age. 5)分词作表语 Your story sounds interesting. I was rather tired after a day’s work. He got married last week. The cup was broken.6 2010.9语法复习The door remained locked. 6)不定式作表语 Her job is to look after the old and the sick in the village. As time went on, Einstein’s theory proved to be correct. You seem to have caught a cold. The question is where to find this kind of plant. What she needs to do is to study harder. I am not to blame. The building is to let. 7)介词及短语作表语 I have never been to New York. The road is under construction. The house is on fire. The two countries are at war. 8)副词作表语 It is getting late. I must be off now. When will you be back? The meeting is tomorrow. 9)动名词作表语 Seeing is believing. My favourite sport is playing basketball. 10)从句作表语--- 表语从句 There are two reasons why I do not want to go out tonight. The first (reason) is that I have to study. The second (reason) is that I do not have enough money. Beijing is not what she used to be. It looks as if it is going to rain. This is where the story goes.语法练习 1. The dictionary is of ________ to us. A. great helpful B. great help C. greatly help D. greatly helpful 2. My family are ________ and ________. They are always ready to help me. A. love and supportive B. lovely and support C. to love and to support D. loving and supportive 3. He is ____________ in his team and we all admire him. A. the fastest runner B. fastest runner C. faster running D. the faster running7 2010.9语法复习4. It smells __________ in the house. What are you doing, Bob? A. burning chickens B. burnt chickens C. burning chicken D. burnt chicken 5. Our problem is ________ in touch with the people in the forest. A. how can we get B. how to get C. how we can got D. how getting 6. I’m afraid that we can’t take Highway 66. It is _________. A. under construction B. in construction C. under constructing D. in constructing 7. I am ________ to go to the party tonight, but thank you all the same. A. very tired B. so tiring C. rather tiring D. too tired 8. My brother is _________ to manage his own suitcase. A. enough strong B. strong enough C. strongly enough D. enough strongly 9. The assignment our teacher gave us was _______, but we all enjoy doing it. A. challenging B. challenged C. to challenge D. challenges 10. Excuse me, Sir, could you give me some directions? I’m _________. A. lose B. to lose C. losing D. lost 11. The two shirts I bought last week are of _______ . A. the same colour B. the same colourful C. same colour D. same colourful 12. I’m sorry you are not _______ for the job. We need someone with a degree in electrical engineering. A. quality B. qualification C. qualified D. qualifying 13. All of the food here is delicious, but I really can’t eat any more. I am _______. A. quite fully B. quite full C. rather filling D. rather filled 14. Success in one’s work is _________. A. a satisfying experience. B. a satisfaction experience. C. satisfying experienced D. satisfaction experienced 15. I got very ________ because he was two hours late for the conference. A. worry B. worried C. to worry D. worrying 16. It looks ________. We’d better take an umbrella with us. A. like to rain B. like rain C. like rainy D. like raining 17. Where is my wallet. It is ________. Did you take it? A. go B. went C. going D. gone 18. Because I have been speaking English every day outside of the classroom, my spoken English is becoming _________than before. A. more fluent B. much fluently C. much fluent D. more fluently 19. It is generally believed that teaching is _________ it is a science.8 2010.9语法复习A. an art much as B. much an art as C. as an art much as D. as much an art as 20. The situation I found myself in last night was rather ___________. A. embarrassing B. embarrassed C. embarrass D. to embarrass 词汇练习: 词汇练习: I. Fill in the blanks with the given words in the proper form: transform break out diverse feed differ govern as a consequence of strengthen vocabulary immigration1. New York is a very culturally ________________ city. 2. Months of hard work ________________ her into an honor student. 3. The organization's aim is to ________________ the cultural ties between the two countries. 4. The twins look alike but ________________ in most other ways. 5. Scientists think it unlikely that any species will actually become extinct ________________ the oil spill. 6. The country is now being ________________ by the Labour Party. 7. A fire ________________ last night. 8. You shouldn't ________________ your dog just on tinned food. 9. By the age of two a child will have a ________________ of about two hundred words. 10. There are strict limits on ________________ into the country.II. Translate the underlined words in each group into Chinese: 1. a. An unknown terrorist group has claimed responsibility for this morning's bomb attack. b. He claims to have met the President, but I don't believe him. a. ( ) b. ( )2. a. You resemble your mother very closely. b. After the earthquake, the city resembled a battlefield. a. ( ) b. ( )3. a. He has a medium build. b. They told the story through the medium of dance.9 2010.9语法复习) b. ( )a. (4. a. It is very difficult to define the concept of beauty. b. I failed to grasp the film's central concept. a. ( ) b. ( )5. a. The entire class is unhappy about how hard the math test was. b. I spent an entire month writing that report. c. He read the entire book on the flight to Paris. a. ( ) b. ( ) c. ( )6. a. A computer is programmed using logical languages. b. He made some logical arguments at the debate. a. ( ) b. ( )7. a. The mountains acted as a natural barrier to the spread of the disease. b. We built a barrier to keep our dog from running into the street. a. ( ) b. ( )8. a. This is rattlesnake territory, so be careful where you step! b. The UN is sending aid to the occupied territories. a. ( ) b. ( )10 2010.9语法复习第三单元宾语1. 概述 宾语表示动作的对象, 是动作的承受者。宾与一般位于及物动词之后。可以做动 词宾语的有:名词、代词、数词、不定式、动名词、宾语从句等。 介词后面的宾语可 以有:名词、代词、动名词和宾语从句。 2. 宾语类型 1) 名词 He takes a cold bath every day. I will send him an e-mail. He has decided to buy a computer instead of a new TV set. I could hear the rain falling on the roof. They sent the injured to hospital. 2) 代词(宾格) They invited me to the party. I seated myself comfortably in the couch. Help yourself to the food. I am sure you will make it. We are all very fond of him. I felt her touching my shoulder. He is a friend of mine. 数词 --- How many apples do you want? --- Give me four. 动词不定式 I hope to see you again soon. He promised to be here by ten. We must learn when to give advice and when to be silent. Mary went to London to help run the branch office there. 动名词 We can’t leave until it stops raining. Would you mind opening the window? She is considering changing her major. He regretted not talking about it earlier. 从句 We all think that he is a good doctor. I wonder whose house that is. Could you tell me how old a person has to be to buy beer?113)4)5)6) 2010.9语法复习Pam can’t decide whether she should go or stay home. She asked me if I liked to watch TV. He requested that he be told the news as soon as possible.3. 其他的宾语形式 1) 形式宾语 当复合宾语中的宾语是动词不定式、动名词、宾语从句时,往往把宾语放在 它的补足语后面,用 it 作形式宾语。 I found it very difficult to answer the question. He made it a rule getting up at 6. Do you think it possible that computer will replace man some day? 2) 同源宾语 在一些不及物动词,例如:smile, sleep, dream, die, live, laugh, fight 等后面跟一 个意义相同的宾语,称为同源宾语。例如: To die a sudden death 突然去世 To live a happy life 过着幸福生活 To sing a song 唱一首歌 To smile a smile 笑了笑 To laugh a hearty laugh 开怀大笑 To sleep a peaceful sleep 睡得很安详 To fight a hard fight 打了艰苦的一仗 To sign a deep sign 长叹一口气 To dream a dream 做了一梦 To run a race 参加赛跑3)宾语和间接宾语 有些及物动词后面可以带两个宾语, 一个指人, 一个指物。 指物的叫直接宾语, 指人的叫间接宾语。可以带两个宾语的常见动词有: give sb. sth. / give sth to sb. pass sb. sth. / pass sth to sb. read sb sth / read sth to sb send sb sth / send sth to sb bring sb sth / bring sth to sb lend sb sth / lend sth to sb tell sb sth / tell sth to sb sell sb sth / sell sth to sb write sb sth / write sth to sb leave sb sth / leave sth for sb do sb sth / do sth to sb ask sb sth ask sb for sth remind sb of sth accuse sb of sth warn sb against sb persuade sb into doing sth make sb sth / make sth for sb 语法练习 1. C Would you like to come to my birthday party tonight? -- I’d love _________. A. to B. to go C. to go to D. to go there 2. I think ________ most foolish of you to make the same mistake again.12 2010.9语法复习A. that B. this C. it D. / 3. C How did you enjoy the concert last night? -- I regret _______ there. It was a waste of time. A. to go B. going C. gone D. go 4. We are not allowed _________ pets in the dormitory. A. to keeping B. to keep C. keeping D. keep 5. He failed _________ the book to the library on A. to return B. returning C. return D. returned 6. The rain prevented us __________ completing the work in time. A. for B. on C. in D. from 7. We went for a walk after we finished _________ up the kitchen. A. clean B. to clean C. cleaned D. cleaning 8. The boy fell and hurt ________ badly on the rock. A. him B. he C. his D. himself 9. He prefers _________ TV rather than ________ to the radio. A. to listen B. listen C. listen D. to listen 10. C I can’t decide ________ to the graduation party. -- How about your green suit? A. what should I wear B. what to wear C. which should I wear D. which to wear 11. Did you remember _________ a check before the bank closed? A. to cash B. cashing C. cash D. cashed 12. She insisted ________ the whole truth. A. to know B. in knowing C. on knowing D. of know 13. The angry look on his face stopped me ________my mind. A. to speaking B. from speaking C. for speaking D. of speaking 14. I can never forget _________ the Alps for the first time. The sight was impressive. A. to see B. saw C. seen D. seeing 15. The good news made _______ beam with happiness. A. me B. we C. myself D. mine 16. Joan and David were considering ________ married in June, but they finally decided _______ until August. A. waiting B. to wait C. to wait D. waiting 17. Students sometimes avoid ________ at the teacher if they don’t want ______ a question. A. to answer B. answering C. answering D. looking;to answer 18. Maria wanted to know __________ to improve her pronunciation. A. what she could do B. what could she do C. how she could do D. how could she do 19. I really appreciated ________ to your home. A. invited B. to be invited C. having invited D. being invited 20. People of the town were given __________ the approaching tornado.13 2010.9语法复习B. not warning of C. no warning for D. not warning forA. no warning of 词汇练习: 词汇练习:I. Fill in the blanks with the given word each can be used only once: calculate pass away procedure classify merely in detail expenseon a large scale1. The company has new ________________ for dealing with complaints. 2. Biologists ________________ animals and plants into different groups. 3. The medicine won't cure her - it ________________ stops the pain. 4. We haven't discussed the matter ________________ yet. 5. She ________________ how much gas we needed for our trip. 6. She's terribly upset because her father ________________ last week. 7. Nuclear weapons cause destruction ________________. 8. I spare no ________________ to collect the paintings of Picasso.II. Translate the underlined words in each group into Chinese: 1. a. His sudden appearance surprised everyone. b. Never judge a person by his appearance. a. ( ) b. ( )2. a. The identification of the fingerprints was quickly done. b. Do you have any identification? a. ( ) b. ( )3. a. Senior management enjoy certain privileges, such as company cars and private healthcare. b. I had the privilege of interviewing Picasso in the 1960s. a. ( ) b. ( )4. a. She has an appetite for adventure. b. I won't have any chocolate, thanks. It will spoil my appetite. a. ( ) b. ( )5. a. He was appointed (as) director of the English department. b. A date has been appointed for the board meeting. a. ( ) b. ( )14 2010.9语法复习6. a. I prefer teaching methods that actively involve students in learning. b. Baseball involves throwing, catching, and batting a ball. c. She was involved in learning her part for the school play. a. ( ) b. ( ) c. ( )7. a. The library accumulated many more books this year. b. The snow accumulated overnight. a. ( ) b. ( )8. a. We offered a fifty-dollar reward to the person who found our lost kitten. b. Mom rewarded us for our good grades by letting us play computer games. a. ( ) b. ( )9. a. People who are color blind often cannot distinguish red from green. b. She has distinguished herself as the best runner on the team. a. ( ) b. ( )10. a. Her latest enterprise is to climb Mount Everest. b. Their software enterprise made huge profits last year. a. ( ) b. ( )11. a. The boss promoted my father to a better job. b. The supermarket is promoting Italian foods this week. a. ( ) b. ( )12. a. Plant growth is most noticeable in spring and early summer. b. Teenagers experience rapid growth. c. That town had a large growth in population during the 1990s. a. ( ) b. ( ) c. ( )15 2010.9语法复习第四单元宾语补足语(The Objective Complement) 宾语补足语1. 概述 英语中有些及物动词,除了要有一个直接宾语之外,还要加上宾语补足语,才能使句 子的意义完整。宾语和宾语补足语一起构成复合宾语。 由于复合宾语中的宾语和它的补足 语在逻辑上有主语和谓语的关系,宾语也称作逻辑主语, 补足语称作逻辑谓语。担任宾语 补足语的词语形式多样,可以是名词、形容词、动名词、分词、动词不定式, 也可以是副词或 介词短语等。宾语和宾语补足语共同构成复合宾语。 2.宾语补语类型 1) 名词作宾语补足语 We chose Mr A manager/president/ chairman/ mayor/leader of the class. They elected Joe captain of the ship /a member of the committee. They call themselves actors. My uncle considers John (to be) a good student. 可以后接名词作宾语补足语的动词: call, choose, consider, elect, find, leave, make, name 2)形容词作宾语补足语: I found the box He likes his coffee I want everything I hope I see you He wished himself We expected him She left the door We keep our foodempty. strong. ready by seven o'clock. well (in good health). young. back before Sunday. open when she left. fresh in a refrigerator.后面可以跟形容词作宾语补足语的动词: beat ( a boy black and blue), boil, colour (it red), cut (it open), keep, wish, drive, fill, find, get, hold, leave, like, make, paint, see, set, turn, wash, wipe, push, open, raise, etc. 3)动词不定式作宾语补足语: 1 ○带 to 的不定式作宾语补足语: The doctor advised me to eat less and exercise more. I tried to persuade him to come with me, but he wouldn't. The boys were forced to do hard work with little pay. 注意: 这个句子着重说明男孩子们的情况, 动作发出者没有必要说出, 因而使用了被动语 态。不定式作宾语补足语的句子变为被动语态时, 句中的宾语补足语 to do 随之变为 主语补足语。16 2010.9语法复习常以动词不定式作宾语补足语的动词 advise allow ask warn wish encourage expect force get help like love order mean (=intend) prepare remind request teach trouble 2 ○ 不带 to 的不定式作宾语补足语: Watch that boy Did anyone hear John We felt the house Did you notice anyone What makes you I will have the boy Let mebeg invite oblige wantcause choose lead (=cause) permit persuadedare leave preferjump! leave the house? shake. come in? think so? do it again. have a look.注意: 不带 to 的不定式作宾语补足语的句子变为被动语态时, 句中的宾语补足语要加上 to。 We saw him get on the bus. --He was seen to get on the bus. We often hear her sing to herself. --She is often heard to sing to herself. 不带 to 的不定式作宾语补足语的动词: feel, notice, see, watch, observe, look at, listen to, hear, have, make, let, (help)4)现在分词作宾语补足语: Can you smell something She could feel her heart Just look at the rain We mustn't keep them The news left us Please start the clock We'll soon get the things Don't let me catch you This set me He soon had them allburning? beating wildly. coming down. waiting. wondering what would happen next. going. going. doing that again. thinking. laughing.注意: 现在分词作宾语补足语的句子变为被动语态时,句中的现在分词形式不变。 A woman last saw the children playing on the riverbank. --The children were last seen playing on the riverbank. The teacher caught John cheating at the exam. --John was caught cheating at the exam. 5). 过去分词作宾语补足语:17 2010.9语法复习I must get We'll have He can't make I want You must make She had I heard my hair the house his points the work yourself her money my name cut. painted. understood. done quickly. respected. stolen. called.常跟过去分词作宾语补足语的动词: feel find get hear like make have prefer see 6)其他形式的宾语补足语: Did you find him in? (in 为副词) Please make yourself at home. (at home 为介词短语)wantwish7)with 结构中的宾语补足语: “介词 with + 宾语 + 宾语补足语“的形式构成的复合结构在句中作状语, 表示伴 随状况、条件及原因等。也可以作定语或补语。 With 复合结构中的宾语补足语可 以是介词短语、形容词、副词、现在分词、过去分词或动词不定式等。 1 ○ With + 名词 + 形容词 He sat on the sofa with his eye half closed. I like to sleep with the window open. Don’t talk with your mouth full. 2 ○ With + 名词 + 副词 Last night, he went to sleep with all the lights on. She walked in front of them with her head high. 3 ○ With + 名词 + 现在分词 He didn’t have the courage to speak with so many people watching him. How can we go out hunting with the rain pouring like this? The minister and his guests sat at the table, with his interpreter sitting behind them. 4 ○ With + 名词 + 过去分词 We can’t leave with our work unfinished. The meeting ended with nothing settled. The soldier was brought in with his hands tied at the back. 5 ○ With + 名词 + 不定式 With all this work to do, I’ll never have time to go to see a film. With him to help, I feel quite at ease. 6 ○ With + 名词 + 介词短语 The teacher entered the classroom,with some books under his arm. The boy went into the forest with a basket on his back and a knife in his hand.18 2010.9语法复习语法练习 1. I found a tree ______ across the road. A. lay B. lying C. lies D. lie 2. I don't think _____ possible to master a foreign language without much memory work. A. this B. that C. its D. it 3. Are you going to leave _____? A. the windows open B. the windows opened C. open the windows D. the open windows 4. I saw him _____ the room, _____ the drawer and _____ some money from it. A. taking B. take C. took D. to take 5. She smelt something _______ and saw smoke _______. A. rises B. rose C. rising D. risen 6. He had his leg _____ in the match yesterday. A. to break B. broken C. break D. breaking 7. -Good morning. Can I help you? --I'd like to have this package _____, madam. A. be weighed B. to be weighed C. to weigh D. weighed 8. --Is the radio bothering you? --It certainly is. I'd like it _____ off. A. turning B. turned C. to turn D. turns 9. There was so much noise in the room that he couldn't make himself _____. A. heard B. hearing C. hear D. hears 10. -I don't understand that sentence. --Let's get Tom _____ that sentence again. A. explain B. explained C. explaining D. to explain 11. The next morning, we found him________ working again. A. at his computer B. making his computer C. by his computer D. made his computer 12. With the machines ________ on, I could not hear a word that he said. A. turning B. turned C. turn D. to turn 13. --The light in the office is still on. --Oh, I forgot _____. A. turning it off B. turn it off C. to turn it off D. having turned it off 14. John was made _____ day and night. A. work B. to work C. to be worked D. worked 15. --Did you have trouble with your car this morning? --Yes, but I finally managed _____. A. to get it started B. to get starting it C. it to get started D. getting started it 16. --How was your weekend?19 2010.9语法复习--Tiring. My friend rented a new house, so I helped him _____. A. move it B. move C. moving it D. moved 17. John was so sleepy that he could hardly keep his eyes _____. A. open B. to be opened C. to open D. opening 18. I had my study _____ tidy and clean last Sunday. A. look B. looked C. looking D. to look 19. We _____ each other the best of luck in the examination. A. hoped B. wanted C. expected D. wished 20. Mr. Brown was sitting in the garden, ________ a pipe in his mouth. A. holding B. with C. had D. and 词汇练习: 词汇练习: I. Fill in the blanks with the given words each can be used only once: advertise attach annoy bargain appeal to bonus accuse charge associate legend1. My mother ________________ for a lower price on the furniture we wanted. 2. The dance was based on several Hindu ________________. 3. The stores start ________________ Halloween candy in September. 4. Their loud music ________________ the neighbors 5. He ________________ great importance to our conversation. 6. The cafe ________________ a dollar for a cup of coffee. 7. Ms. Black ________________ with them only at the office. 8. The teacher ________________ her of cheating in the test. 9. The idea of a vacation in Italy ________________ me. 10. The successful company paid all its employees a ________________ this year.II. Fill in the blanks with the given words each can be used only once: advertise frequent associate in charge of attach legend bargain make sense campaign react discount target1. Bill Clinton ________________ for president in 1996. 2. They offer a 10 percent ________________ on rail travel for students. 3. I've read the letter twice, but I can't ________________ of it 4. This match will go into tennis ________________. 5. The most ________________ cause of death is heart attack.20 2010.9语法复习6. I'm going to ________________ for someone to clean my house. 7. Many people ________________ badly to (= are made ill by) penicillin. 8. I ________________ a photo to my application form. 9. Most people ________________ this brand with good quality. 10.I had four shots but I didn't even hit the ________________. 11. We got a great ________________ on plane tickets. 12. Jennifer is ________________ the five-year-old kids.III. Translate the underlined words in each group into Chinese: 1. a. The play has been well received by the critics. b. She's a film/theatre critic for the 'Irish Times'. a. ( ) b. ( )2. a. He suffered a gradual loss of memory. b. The team was unhappy about their loss. c. He felt a great loss when his friend died. a. ( ) b. ( ) c. ( )3. a. The oil company reported a large profit this year. b. He sold his house at a huge profit. c. He profited from his extra hours of piano practice. a. ( ) b. ( ) c. ( )4. a. All they could see was a figure in the darkness. b. He earns a six-figure salary c. Can you figure out the answer to question 5? a. ( ) b. ( ) c. ( )5. a. You can't really blame Helen for not wanting to get involved. b. No one is to blame for the accident a. ( ) b. ( )21 2010.9语法复习第五单元定语概述 修饰名词或代词的词、短语或从句,称为定语。单词作定语时,通常放在他所修饰名词 之前;修饰不定代词,如:something, nothing, everything, anything 等时, 放在不定代词的 后面; 副词作定语时,也放在所修饰的名词后面。短语和从句作定语时,则放在所修饰的 名词后面。可以作定语的有形容词、名词、动名词、代词、数词、副词、介词短语、动词不 定式、分词和从句等。 2. . 定语类型 1) 形容词作定语 I think I will need a holiday after months of hard work. We spent a lovely week in Rome last week. Their youngest daughter has just turned sixteen. It is hoped that educational programs will produce an understanding of the earth’s environmental problems. 2) 名词作定语 He is listening to the weather report carefully. I’ll meet you at the school gate. Fortunately the fire brigade were able to put out the forest fire. John asked for two weeks’ leave. 3) 代词作定语 A burglar broke into our house and took the TV. Have you got any books on American history? Are you expecting some visitors this afternoon? We didn’t have much snow last winter. 4) 数词作定语 There are 20 boys and 32 girls in my class. It is the first time that James has visited us. 5) 副词作定语 They are having a meeting in a room upstairs. My dad has just returned from his trip abroad. 6) 介词短语作定语 The key to the door is missing. The children of different ages are put in different groups. Life without love or friendship is not worth living. Do you think we will find a solution to the problem? The police wanted to question the man in connection with the robbery.221. . 2010.9语法复习7) 动名词作定语 They found a good hiding place in the rocks. A swimming pool will be set up in the school. 8) 动词不定式作定语 Do you have anything to say about the matter? It is important to have a special day to honour those who lost their lives in wars. A good way to begin with is to ask questions. 9) 分词作定语 Do you know the woman talking to Tom? Can you think of the name of a flower beginning with “T”? The boy injured in the accident was taken to hospital. There was a big red car parked outside the house. 10) 从句作定语 Anyone who wants to take the exam must enter before next Friday. The dress (that/which) Ann bought didn’t fit her very well Are these the keys (that) you are looking for? I would like to live in a country where there is plenty of sunshine. The school is only for children whose first language is not English. 语法练习 1. The weather _________ gets very hot during the summer. A. in the south states B. in the southern states C. in southern states D. in south states 2. --- Is this your book? --- No. It belongs to one of _______ students. A. the other B. others C. another D. other 3. Libya, __________ , is a leading producer of oil. A. that is a country in North Africa B. is a country in North Africa C. which a country in North Africa D. a country in North Africa 4. I ‘d like to take this pair of shoes, but do you have _______ size? This pair is a bit tight. A. a big B. a bigger C. the bigger D. the biggest 5. Alex is always ________ and _________. A. the last leaving B. the last to leave C. the last to leave D. the last leaving 6. We have to be at the church at 2:00 for ________ wedding. A. Julie’s B. Julies’ C. Julies D. Julie 7. The music ________ last night was wonderful.23 2010.9语法复习A. that we listened B. which we listened C. to that we listened D. we listened to 8. The city ______ we spent our vacation was very beautiful. A. which B. that C. where D. on which 9. July is the month _______ the weather is usually the hottest. A. when B. which C. on which D. at which 10. The waiter _______ served me at the restaurant was very polite. A. which B. who C. he D. / 11. Scholarships are given to _______ need financial assistance. A. any one that B. any one C. those who D. those 12. In my class there are 40 students, most of ______ are from the Far East. A. them B. who C. that D. whom 13. The teachers discussed about Jim, one of ________ problems was poor study habits. A. his B. whose C. whom D. who 14. We bought an antique table _______ top was made of jade. A. whose B. which C. that D. whom 15. There is almost no end to the problems _______ a head of state. A. face B. facing C. to face D. faced 16. The ideas __________ in this book are both new and interesting. A. present B. presenting C. presented D. to present 17. The sunlight _________ the window wakes me up early in the morning. A. comes through B. coming through C. to come through D. came through 18. The project _________ at the beginning of the new year is still under discussion. A. to be carried out B. to carry out C. carrying out D. being carried out 19. Hawaii, ________ of eight principal islands, is a famous vacation spot. A. which consists B. that consists C. consisted D. which consisting 20. David Keller, a young poet _________ his sensitive interpretations of human relationships, has just published another volume of poems. A. knowing for B. that knows for C. known for D. who known for 词汇练习: 词汇练习: I. Fill in the blanks with the given words some can be used more than once: anxiety survival catastrophe thirst perseverance wrap quit starvation1. Our ________________ depends on taking care of the natural environment.24 2010.9语法复习2. Mary has a ________________ for good books. 3. The farm workers ________________ for a cold drink after being in the sun for hours 4. He ________________ the presents in colorful paper. 5. The earthquake was a ________________ that destroyed many cities. 6. Twenty million people face ________________ unless a vast emergency aid programme is launched. 7. The animals had died of ________________. 8. Through hard work and ________________, he worked his way up from being a teacher in a village school to the headmaster. 9. The drought increased the farmers ________________ about the harvest. 10. He ________________ his job as a teacher to become a truck driver.II. Fill in the blanks with the given words some can be used more than once: keep up. add up tie up go for leave behind at stake apply to1. We have to act quickly - people's lives are ________________. 2. Are you planning to ________________ that scholarship to Harvard University? 3. If you ________________ those four figures up, it comes to over ?500. 4. I ________________ the dog up while I went into the shop. 5. She was walking so fast that I couldn't ________________ with her. 6. It's been wonderful weather this spring and I hope it ________________. 7. The rule ________________ only to people under 18. 8. He died and ________________ him a large fortune.III. Translate the underlined words in each group into Chinese: 1. a. These scientists are working on the frontiers of cancer research. b. There is fighting on the frontier between India and Pakistan. a. ( ) b. ( )2. a. Aunt Polly showed me how to set the table properly.25 2010.9语法复习b. I'm not properly dressed for this sort of weather. a. ( ) b. ( )3. a. Those tough kids down the street are nothing but trouble. b. Children's shoes need to be tough. c. He could hardly eat the tough meat a. ( ) b. ( ) c. ( )4. a. To celebrate our wedding anniversary, we gave a big party. b. Hundreds of people attended the town's fiftieth anniversary. a. ( ) b. ( )5. a. He was very nervous when he delivered the speech. b. The dairy delivers fresh milk to the supermarket every day. a. ( ) b. ( )6. a. She made a desperate attempt to enter the burning house and save the children. b. By two o'clock I was desperate for something to eat. a. ( ) b. ( )7. a. Sorry to burden you with my problems. b. I'd hate to be a burden to you when I'm older. a. ( ) b. ( )8. a. I've worked nights for years now so I've grown accustomed to it. b. It'll take time for me to accustom myself to the changes. a. ( ) b. ( )9. a. The meeting has been cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control. b. Under no circumstances would his parents let him quit school to help out on the farm. a. ( ) b. ( )10. a. The aspirin gave me relief from my headache. b. It was such a relief to hear that the lost boy was found safe and well. a. ( ) b. ( )26 2010.9语法复习第六单元状语1. . 概述 在句子中修饰动词、形容词、副词、以及全句的成份,叫做状语。状语用来说 明地点、原因、目的、结果、条件、方式、程度、方向及伴随状况等。用作状语的 有副词、介词短语、分词和分词短语、动词不定式、名词以及从句等。 状语类型 1) 副词作状语 It is raining hard outside. The traffic didn’t move fast so we were late for the meeting. She visits us less frequently than she used to. The more you study, the more you will learn. I plan to stay here as long as I can. Don’t drive too fast. It is dangerous. 2) 名词作状语 Come this way, please. 介词短语作状语 He was born on Sept. 22, 1984. Do you have the habit of sending each other presents at Christmas? John couldn’t decide where to go for his holidays. He didn’t go anywhere in the end. Go along the road and turn left at the traffic light. On the way to London, we stopped at a small village. Sometimes I have problems at work but on the whole I enjoy my job. Did you go to Germany on business or on holiday? In my opinion, the film we saw last night was rather boring. How are you going to pay for the computer, by cheque or in cash? The door must have been opened with a key. We missed the last bus, so we had to come here on foot. Do you like to travel by air or by train? The book was written by Mark Twain. We show other people that we are happy by smiling. 不定式作状语 不定式作状语在句子中表示目的或结果。 He is studying to become a lawyer. She called to invite them to her dinner party. We’ll take a map so as to/ in order to find the way.272. .3)4) 2010.9语法复习He put on heavy clothes so as not to catch cold. Daniel set his alarm in order not to miss the train. He hurried to the house only to find that it was empty.5)分词及分词短语作状语 While walking to class, I ran into an old friend. When told to go to bed, the child started to cry. Since coming to the country, Mary has made many friends. Hiking through the woods yesterday, we saw a black bear. Lacking the necessary qualifications, he was not considered for the job. Having worked hard all day, I was tired last night. Being unable to afford a car, she bought a bicycle. 从句作状语 I’ll tell him the news as soon as I see him. When I was in Washington DC, I visited many museums. By the time he arrived, we had already left. Since he’s not interested in classical music, he decided not to go to the concert. Now that the semester is over, I’m going to rest a few days and then take a trip. She speaks so fast that I can’t understand her. He turned off the record player so that his roommate could study. If it doesn’t rain, the party will be held outside. You probably won’t need to get in touch with me, but I’ll give you my phone number in case you need to reach me. There are more people in China than (there are ) in the United States. Usually adults don’t pick up a new language as quickly as a child does. If I were you, I would accept their invitation. Had I known about it, I would have told you. She talked to him as if he were a child.6)语法练习 1. C Should I ask Jenny and Jim to the party? -- Why not? _________. A. The more, the merrier. B. more, merrier C. The more, the merry D. the more, the more merrier 2. It rains __________ it does in your country. A. as frequent in my country as B. as frequently in my country as C. more frequently in my country D. more frequent in my country 3. Though he has been working hard, he ________ can’t find a solution to his problem. A. still B. yet C. but D. always 4. He is ________ leaving his dirty clothes on the floor! A. often B. always C. never D. usually 5. _______ you passed the test, you would get a driving license. A. If B. Unless C. When D. Until28 2010.9语法复习6. _________ see her, ask her to come to the party. A. If should you B. You should C. Should you D. If you would 7. He makes a living _________ as a car mechanic. A. working B. in working C. with working D. by working 8. He went to buy the suit ________ that it had been already sold. A. only to find B. only finding C. only find D. to find 9. We decided not to climb the mountain, because it was raining ________. A. hardly B. hard C. strongly D. strong 10. She was about to leave the house _______ the telephone rang. A. while B. and C. when D. as 11. Late ______ it was, the workers went on with the construction work. A. as B. though C. although D. even if 12. I put down his address and phone number in my note book _________ I might forget. A. unless B. so far C. so long as D. in case 13. You are not supposed to leave for lunch ________ you have finished your assignment. A. when B. while C. until D. before 14. As soon as the taxi _______ here, we’ll leave for the airport. A. gets B. will get C. get D. got 15. It was _______ that we couldn’t see the road clearly. A. so a foggy day B. such a foggy day C. such foggy a day D. so foggy day 16. _______ I got up to give my speech, I got butterflies in my stomach. A. Just before B. Just after C. Only if D. Only when 17. ______ the final examination is over, we can rest a few days and then take a trip. A. Even if B. So that C. In case D. Now that 18. _______ he was not interested in classical music, he decided not to go to the concert. A. Since B. While C. Because D. Just as 19. While _______the mountain, Susan lost her footing and fell onto a ledge several feet below. A. to climb B. she climbing C. climbed D. climbing 20. _______ on the airplane and _______the clouds pass beneath me, I let my thoughts ______to the new experiences that were in store for me during the next two years of living in the United States. A. Sitting, watching, wonder B. Sitting, watch, to wonder C. Sit, watch, wonder D. Sit, watching, wondering 词汇练习: 词汇练习: I. Fill in the blanks with the given words some can be used more than once constant abundant frost noble festive hygiene at risk striking conscience1. The library has an________________ supply of books and tapes.2. Putting yourself ________________ to help another is a noble act.29 2010.9语法复习3. They made a ________________ effort to put out the fire. 4. There's a ________________ contrast between what he does and what he says. 5. The Halloween decorations made the room look ________________.6. The child's ________________ crying annoyed the neighbors. 7. Hand washing is an important part of good ________________. 8. This morning, the grass is covered with ________________.9. Did it bother your ________________ to cheat in the test? 10. You didn't do anything wrong, - you should have a clear ________________.II. Match the meaning with the underlined the words: a. something you hope to achieve b. concerning only oneself but not the others c. take on as an increase d. taking up space e. hold or serve in a position f. keep sb. busy g. a strong desire to be successful h. obtain, get 1. The doctor is glad that I'm gaining weight. 2. What do you hope to gain from the course? 3. I've never had any political aspirations. 4. The selfish boy refused to share his toys with his brother. 5. His ambition is to earn a million dollars before he is thirty. 6. All the new toys kept the kids occupied for hours. 7. Tables and chairs are occupying the space you want for your game. 8. U.S. presidents occupy that position for four years at a time.III. Translate the underlined words in each group into Chinese: 1. a. The factory stood idle after the company went out of business.30 2010.9语法复习b. The idle students never finished their work. a. ( ) b. ( )2. a. Experts revealed that the painting was a fake. b. She faked her mother's handwriting on the note. a. ( ) b. ( )3. a. This bike helmet meets the government safety standard. b. Most announcers on the BBC speak standard English. a. ( ) b. ( )4. a. Each ticket admits one member and one guest. b. He admitted that he broke the window the other day. a. ( ) b. ( )5. a. This glue creates a powerful bond. b. In societies with strong family bonds (= relationships), people tend to live longer. a. ( ) b. ( )31 2010.9语法复习第七单元It 的用法 (The Use of It)I. 概述 it 在句子中作代词或引词,可以指人以外的物体和事情,在句子中作主语或宾语;还 可以用作形式主语或宾语,以及引导强调句等。 II. It 的用法 1.用作代词 1) 表示天气, 气候、明暗, 等, 在句中作主语。 It is fine today. 今天天气好。 Listen, it is blowing hard. 听, 风刮得很大. It is getting dark. 天快黑了。 It is lighter in the study than in the sitting room. 书房比客厅亮些。 2)表示时间、季节 What a hard winter it is! 多么难熬的冬天啊! It is three o'clock. (已经)三点了。 It is over twenty years since China opened her door to the outside world. 中国对外开放已经 20 多年了。 3)表示距离 It is a long way to the sea. 这儿离大海很远。 It is 10 minutes' walk from my home to the office. 从我家到办公室有十分钟的路程。 4)代替前面提到过的名词 a. 代替物 I bought a computer yesterday. It is the latest model. 我昨天买了一台电脑, (它)是最新型的。 b. 代替婴儿 The baby is lying in the cradle. It is crying. 婴儿躺在摇篮里, 它在哭。 c. 代替动物 I found my dog missing yesterday morning, but a neighbor brought it back in the afternoon. 昨天早上我发现我的狗不见了, 可是下午一个邻居把它带回来了。32 2010.9语法复习5) 代替前面提到过的短语或句子 Th it was terrible! 他们都在喊叫; 这(喊叫声)太可怕了! She entered the final competition, and she was proud of it. 她进入了决赛, 为此感到很骄傲。 6) 不指具体的人或物, 而是指句中提到的某种情形 I hate it when people talk with their mouths full. 我讨厌人们在嘴里塞满食物的同时说话。 Thus when he spoke, it was in a sharper voice. 这样当他说话的时候, 声音就更刺耳。 Let me come and stay. You can put it that it was arranged before. 让我来住下吧。你就说是事先安排好的。 Legend has it that Wu Song is buried at Hangzhou. 传说武松葬在杭州。 7)作不定的形式主语, 指做某件事情的人 --Who is it (that is knocking at the door)? --It's me. --是谁? --是我。 2. 作形式主语和形式宾语 1) 代替后面出现的不定式, 动名词或从句, 在句子中作形式主语. a. 代替动词不定式, 作形式主语. 英语里除极少数的习惯说法(如 To teach is to learn. To eat is to live.)外,一般 都不用不定式做主语,而改用“it”做主语, 这些句子的真正主语移到后面而不在原 先的位置上,那里的空缺就用 “it” 填补上去。这种形式上的主语是中文表达法中 所没有的。 It is easy to learn English, but it's not easy to learn it well. (To learn English is easy, but to learn it well is not easy.) 学习英语容易, 而学好英语不容易。 It is dangerous to play with fire. 玩儿火是危险的。 b. 代替动名词, 作形式主语 It is no use arguing about this. (Arguing about this is no use.) 争论这件事没有用。 It is fun diving from the cliff. 悬崖跳水很好玩儿。 c. 代替从句, 作形式主语 It is clear that he did so. (That he did so is clear.)33 2010.9语法复习显而易见是他干的此事。 It is not certain whether he will be here or not. 他来不来还不一定。 It appears that he wants to leave. 看上去他想离开。 It happened that he didn't have any money on him. 碰巧他身上没带钱。 It has been announced that the U.S. President Bush has postponed visiting China. 已宣布美国总统布什将推迟访华。 d. It + takes + sb. + 一段时间 + to do sth. 这是英文的一个常用句型, 表示“某人做某事需要多少时间”。汉语说 “我洗衣服用了 一个小时”,英语通常说: It took me an hour to wash my clothes. (=To wash my clothes took me one hour.) How long will it take us to go to Beijing by train? It will take much time to put it into Chinese. It takes me ten minutes to walk to that school. e. 注意以下两个句型的区别 It + be + 形容词/名词 + for + 人 + to do It + be + (品性)形容词 + of + 人 + to do 注意:for/of sb. 是不定式 to do 的逻辑上的(或意味上的)主语。 It is rude of him not to thank you. 他们没谢你是不礼貌的。 It would be a pleasure for me to come with you. 我能和你一起去是一件令人愉快的事。 注意: 用介词 for 还是 of 须依前面的那个形容词而定。 如果那个形容词是指的一种行为 的性质,就要用 for;如果那个形容词指的是行为的性质,同时又指行为的人, 就用 of。换句话说,单说行为的用&for&, 说行为者的用&of&。 It was impossible for us to understand him. =For us to understand him was impossible. 要我们了解他是不可能的。 It is necessary for you to do it well. ( 句中&necessary& 仅指“行为”,而无法指“行为者”。) It + be + (品性)形容词 + of + 人+ to do =人+ be + (品性)形容词 + to do It was very kind of your uncle to give us a lift. =Your uncle is very kind to give us a lift. →“kind”一词,可以说“你的行为是亲切的”,也可以认为 “行为者的你是亲切的”。 It was very polite of John to offer (提供) his seat in the crowded bus to the old lady. =John was very polite to offer his seat in... 约翰在拥挤的公共汽车上让座位给老妇人, 真是有礼貌。 It was honest of him to tell you the truth. 他很诚实, 向你讲了真话。34 2010.9语法复习I think it wise of him not to take her advice. =I think him wise not to take her advice. 我认为他没有接受她的劝告是明智之举。2) 代替后面出现的不定式, 动名词或从句, 在句子中作形式宾语 句子中的宾语是动词不定式, 动名词短语或从句, 而后面又跟有宾语补足语时, 一 般都不用动词不定式, 动名词短语或从句做宾语, 而改用“it”作宾语, 这些句子的真正宾 语移到后面而不在原先的位置上,那里的空缺就用“it”填补上去。 Do you think it difficult to answer these questions? 你觉得这些问题难回答吗? (to answer these questions 是真正的宾语, 置于句末 ,it 作形式宾语, difficult 是宾 语补足语。) They consider it possible to fulfill the task in a short time. 他们认为在短期内完成这件工作是可能的。 He found it impossible trying to deceive me. 他发现想骗我是不可能的。 (trying to deceive me 是真正的宾语, 置于句末, it 作形式宾语, impossible 是宾语补 足语。) Most people take it for granted that there will be enough fresh water for every one on the earth. 大多数人认为地球上每个人都会有足够的淡水是理所当然的。 (从句 that there will be enough fresh water for every one on the earth 是真正的宾语, 置于句末,it 作形式宾语。) We don't think it matters whether she knows any foreign language or not. 我们并不认为她是否懂得任何一门外语有什么重要的。 3. 用于强调句型 1) 强调句型的构成: It is / was + 强调部分 + that (or who) + 句子其他成分 被强调部分可以是句子的主语、 宾语(包括介词宾语), 也可以是状语, 强调的以是名 词、代词, 也可以是短语或句子。 It was the way he asked that really upset me. 是他要求的方式真的惹恼了我。 (强调部分为主语 the way he asked) 原来形式为: The way he asked really upset me. It is through hard work that he has achieved great success. 是通过努力工作,他才获得成功的。 (强调部分为短语 through hard work) 原来形式为: He has achieved great success through hard work. It is because he was rather short that he is often made fun of. 他常受嘲笑, 是因为他的个子相当矮。 ( 强调部分为从句 because he is rather short) 原来形式为: He is often made fun of because he is rather short.35 2010.9语法复习2) 强调句与定语从句构成的规则不同, 当被强调部分是&人&时, 可以用 who 代替 that, 但 如果被强调部分是时间状语或地点状语时, 后面仍应使用 that。 以 Lily saw her again in the garden last night. 为例: 莉莉昨天晚上又在花园里看见她。 It was Lily that / who saw her again in the garden last night. It was her that / whom Lily saw again in the garden last night. It was in the garden that Lily saw her again last night. It was last night that Lily saw her again in the garden. 3) 强调句的疑问句形式 听话人或许由于没有听清对方的话的某一部分而发问。例如: I met the Englishman (on the bus) yesterday. Where was it that you met the Englishman yesterday? 你昨天是在哪儿认识那个英国人的? 4) not …until 出现在 It is / was ….that … 强调句型中的变化: I didn't know it until he came back. 直到他回来我才知道这件事。 It was not until he came back that I knew it. (对状语进一步进行强调) 语法练习 1. _____ since I came to live in this city. A. For about two years B. It is two years C. They are two years D. There are two years 2. --Were all three people in the car injured in the accident? --No, _____only the two passengers who got hurt. A. it was B. there was C. they were D. there are 3. It's very foolish _____ so. A. for you to say B. of you to say C. with you saying D. in your saying 4. I was so tired that I found _____ to go any farther. A. it impossible B. that impossible C. impossible D. unable 5. The Parkers bought a new house but ______ will need a lot of work before they can move in. A. they B. one C. it D. which 6. --Professor Johnson just announced that the exam would be given soon. --That is not fair. How much time _____ for us to prepare? A. there is B. is there C. it is D. is it 7. Is _____ necessary to complete the design before National Day? A. that B. this C. it D. he 8. I don't think _____ possible to master a foreign language without much memory work. A. this B. that C. its D. it 9. --Do you have my key, Joe? --Yes, I have _____ right here. A. one B. one key C. it D. this36 2010.9语法复习10. There’ you can have ______. A. either B. it C. each D. one 11. It was between 1830 and 1835 _____ the modern newspaper was born. A. when B. that C. in which D. during 12. _____ electricity plays such an important part in our daily life? A. Why was it that B. Why is it that C. Why is it D. Why it is that 13. I can't quite remember _____ you started doing the work. A. that it was when B. when it was that C. when was it that D. that was it when 14. It was not until 1920 _____ regular radio broadcasts began. A. while B. when C. that D. since 15. It was not _____ she took off her dark glasses _____ I realized she was a famous film star. A. that B. that C. when D. then 16. C He was nearly drowned once. -- When was ______ ? -- ______ was in 1998 when he was in middle school. . A. It B. This C. It D. This 17. She wants to know if it is 600 miles an hour _____ the newest plane can go. A. which B. that C. when D. how 18. C Why don’t we take a little break? -- Didn’t we just have ______. A. it B. that C. one D. this 19. C Do you like _______ here? -- Oh, yes. The air, the weather, the way of life. Everything is so nice. A. this B. these C. that D. it 20. _____ is known to everybody, the moon travels round the earth once every month. A. It B. As C. That D. What 词汇练习: 词汇练习: I. Fill in the blanks with the given words some can be used more than once annual beneficial acknowledge enthusiasm scheme eager dizzy satisfaction eyesight starve1. My school publishes some students’ ________________ portfolios to inform the parents about the students’ learning status. 2. She is usually ________________ as one of the most talented pianists in the world. 3. She applied for several jobs, but she’s only had one ________________. 4. The prisons worked out a ________________ to run away.37 2010.9语法复习5. Walking without eating for a long time made me feel ________________ and light-headed. 6. If you can’t see things clearly, you need to have your ________________ tested. 7. The annual medical examination is ________________ to your health. 8. One of the many ________________ of foreign study is learning how to organize the trivial things. 9. I don’t have any ________________ for studying Math this semester. 10. You don’t seem very ________________ about the project. 11. For me, job ________________ is more important than the money.12. Young students are always ________________ to learn new things. 13. When the Greens traveled overseas, their cats were neglected and ________________. 14. The whole town ________________ to death during the long famine. 15. Students ________________ of sleep usually lose their concentration during classes.II. Fill in the blanks with the given words some can be used more than once eager adjustment enrich mature adolescent casual1. They can conquer any difficulties because of their ________________ to conduct this research. 2. To study overseas means some ________________ to the cultural background. 3. If the desk is too high for you, please ________________ the chair. 4. When looking back, he said his life was greatly ________________ by travelling around the world. 5. Humans take longer to ________________ than most other animals. 6. How long does it take for the ducks to grow to ________________? 7. The teens loved the ________________ movie, but the parents were bored by it. 8. Although close to tears, he tried to make his voice sound ________________.9. There are 10 regular volunteers and 40 ________________ ones serving in this community. 10. ________________ often have a hard time talking with their parents.38 2010.9语法复习III. Fill in the blanks with the given words some can be used more than once uniform approve fabric fashionable possess fit in apply for straight away1. As in so many offices that you see, the walls are a ________________ white. 2. The town council ________________ a new building plan. 3. I thoroughly ________________ of what the government is doing.. 4. After getting the principal’s ________________, he can conduct this research in May. 5. The shirt is made of a very soft ________________. 6. It’s very ________________ to wear short skirts at the moment. 7. That author ________________ a great sense of humor. 8. The ________________ of large amounts of money does not ensure happiness 9. It’s a very nice desk but it doesn’t ________________ with the rest of the room. 10. Mr. Kane is ________________ jobs across the country. 11. Have you filled in the ________________ form for your passport yet? 12. He arrived a little late for work, so had to go to the meeting ________________.39 2010.9语法复习第八单元倒装句(The Inversion)1. 概述 英语陈述句的语序是主语 + 谓语。 如果将谓语或谓语的一部分移到主语的前面, 就 形成了倒装句。将谓语动词全部移至主语之前,称为完全倒装;如果只是把助动词或情态动 词移到主语之前,称为不完全倒装。 2.倒装类型 1) 完全倒装 完全倒装是将谓语完全移至主语前面。 Down came Della's hair, a brown cascade. Up went the rocket into space. Have you the key to the room? 2)部分倒装 部分倒装是把谓语的一部分, 通常是系动词、情态动词或助动词移至主语前面, 就像 一般疑问句的语序一样。 Are you fine? Can she swim? Never have I heard such a thing before. Seldom does she go out for dinner. 3.倒装句的使用 1)Here/There + 动词 + 主语(名词) 这一句型会因主语词性不同而有不同词序: a. Here/There + 动词 + 主语(名词) b. Here/There + 主语(代词) + 动词 --Can you tell me where my uncle is? --Yes, of course, here comes your uncle. (here he comes.) --你能告诉我我叔叔在哪儿吗? --当然可以, 他过来了。 --Where is the report? --There it is. 2) So + 助动词/be 动词 + 主语 a. 这一结构要求动词形式与前面保持一致。 --I like swimming in winter. -- So do I. --我喜欢冬泳。 --我也喜欢。 --I'd met Philip several times before. --So had I.40 2010.9语法复习( =I had met him several times before, too.) --我曾几次遇到菲利浦。 --我也是。 --Are you going there with us? --If Mary wants to go, so will I. (= If Mary wants to go, I will go, too.) 如果玛丽去, 我也去。3) 简略附和语 So + 主语 + 助动词/be 动词 --John studies French. --So he does. --约翰学习法语。 --是啊, 他学法语。 --You said it was good. --So I did. --你说它很好。 --我是说了。 --Tom is a very honest boy. --So he is. (=Yes, that's right. He is very honest. he = Tom) 汤姆是个诚实的男孩。 是啊, 他很诚实。 4) 否定词 + 助动词/be 动词 + 主语 a. 否定词放在句首, 助动词或 be 动词要放在主语的前面 Little did he know that the police were after him. = He didn't know at all that the police were after him. 当时他一点儿也不知道警在追捕他。 注意: little 与动词 know, imagine, think, guess, realize 并用译为&一点儿也不......& 相 当于 not at all 的意思。 Not until his health was lost did he know what it was worth. =He did not know what it was worth until his health was lost. 直到他丧失了健康, 他才意识到健康的重要性。 Never in my life have I heard or seen such a thing. 我一辈子都没听说或见过这样的事。 Not only did he make a promise, but he also kept it. 他不但许诺, 而且遵守诺言。 Not for a moment did he doubt the truth of your story. 他一会儿也没有怀疑你的故事的真实性。 Hardly had she seen her father when she ran to him. 她一见到父亲就朝他跑过去。 No sooner had they heard the news than they rushed out into the street. 他们一听到这消息就冲出去到了街上。 Nowhere else in the world can one find cheaper tailoring than in Hong Kong.41 2010.9语法复习任何人不可能找到比香港更便宜的裁缝了。 b. 常见的否定词的归纳: by no means hardly no sooner...than seldom hardly...when, in no time not only...but also little never not until not (+ 副词/副词短语)nowhere not a bit5) 副词 only (+ 副词/副词短语/状语从句)放在句首, 句子形成倒装 Only + 副词(副词短语/状语从句) + 助动词(or be) + 主语 Only then did I take pity on her. 只是到了那时我才怜悯她。 Only when everyone else was gone, did he begin to talk about it with me. 只是当别人都走了之后, 他才和我谈论这件事。 Only in the evening does the old man take a walk in the garden. 只有在傍晚时分,老人才在花园里散步。 Only by working hard can we succeed in doing anything. 只有通过勤奋努力, 我们才能做成任何事情。 注意: 当 only 修饰主语时, 句子不必倒装。 Only the king could save his life. Only Mary got the invitation to the palace ball. 6) 副词或相当于副词的词语放在句首, 主语 (名词) 与动词 (不及物) 形成倒装, 这 种用法常常出现在诗歌或小说中。 Next came Edward. =Edward came next. Among the guests was standing John. 约翰站在来宾当中。 On his left sits his wife, who was dressed in black, beautiful but pale. 坐在他左边的是他的妻子, 穿着黑衣, 美貌但却脸色苍白。 Then came the Young Pioneers with flowers in their hands. 接着走过来的是手举花束的少先队员。 注:当主语是代名词时, 主语与动词不必倒装。 Della pulled at her hair. Down it came, like a brown cascade. 德拉拽她的头发, 头发散落下, 就象棕色的小瀑布。 Out he rushed, before anyone could stop him. 他冲了出去, 任何人都没来得及拦住他。 7) well/so/often 用于句首时, 句子使用倒装 So frightened wa}

我要回帖

更多关于 make something of 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信