Talk took. see you soonn, and I want to watch

My daughter is 4 months old and i want to start cereal is it to soon? | Mom Answers | BabyCenter
My daughter is 4 months old and i want to start cereal is it to soon?
I know they say you have to wait untill they are sitting up but my daughter isnt sitting up yet but she seems so hungry. I'll give her her bottle and it dosnt seem like its enough. She always watches me closly when i eat. does that mean she is ready or should i wait?
Asked 9/18/07
Mom Answers (5)
BEST ANSWER
This is one of those taboo questions. With my son, I started putting some rice cereal in with is bottle at around 3 months (he's not sitting up by himself yet). I started reading more about feeding cereal and things of the such on the internet and it totally freaked me out. I quit giving him the cereal in the bottle and he started to fuss more and even begin spitting up alot. After a couple weeks of that, I said screw what other people says, go with my own instincts. I now feed him rice cereal mixed with formula twice a day, and am introducing the green veggies to him. He tried green peas yesterday. So I would say, go with your instinct. You know your child best, not your friends, your peers, or even your pediatrician. Just watch her closely to see if she has any bad reactions to the food. Good Luck to you.
11 found this helpful
Well my son is 4 months old at 18 pounds and I started him on cereal. He dont sit up alone but it seems to work out great for him. With just his formula he always seemed hungry and would stare as others while they ate. He is doing just fine with it and back to his regular eating schedule. I know if you feel your child is ready go for it. He will let you know if it is not time yet.
Answered 6/8/10
3 found this helpful
I started feeding my son cereal at about 4 months because the bottle just wasn't enough for him and he would watch us eat with such interest. We started out with just cereal maybe once or twice a day and kind of let him lead us. I think it gets easier to go with your gut after the first time. If you really have concerns you can always talk to babies dr about it and they will give you their expert advice&#x3b; but really every baby is different so you can't always just go off of what everyone is telling you. Good Luck to you and your LO.
Answered 2/16/10
2 found this helpful
I had the same concern, my baby was four months and weighed 18 lbs, and seemed to always want more after a feeding. We started on cereal. I didn't give it to him in a bottle though. I would put him in his bouncer and feed him with a spoon. He will also tell you if he is not ready. Hoped this helps.
Answered 12/30/09
2 found this helpful
If your baby can hold up her head without support, shows interest in food, and no longer exhibits the tongue-ejection reflex (you put something in her mouth and she immediately sticks out her tongue so it comes back out), she might be ready for a little cereal. I highly doubt she's really ready at four months. Try giving her more formula/breastmilk. Feeding schedules are kind of mean in my opinion. If your baby is hungry, feed her.
Answered 2/4/10
2 found this helpful
Reason for reporting
Offensive or inappropriate materials
Spamming or advertising
Vulgarity or profanity
Personal attack
Invasion of privacy
Copyright infringement
Thank you for your feedback.
Answer this question
to add your answer
Search Mom Answers
Can't find what you need?
Recent questions in Family Life
2 days ago
3 days ago
5 days ago
6 days ago
advertisement
advertisement
Establishing traditions for your children can be magical. Find out how to make the most of holiday cheer year round.
Tips for buying organic and the fruits and veggies that are worth splurging on
Traveling with a family can be rewarding but also hard. Learn the best family vacations for kids and how to plan, travel, and e...
Relationships often change when a baby arrives. Get tips for keeping romance alive and finding ways to strengthen relationships...
The standard schedule for children's checkups and what to expect at each one, plus how to make doctors visits easier on your child
Here's a special set of content just for moms, including snapshots of motherhood, beauty tips for and from moms, and info about...
Becoming friends with other school parents, how motherhood makes you smarter, "bad" mom confessions, and more
You'll have to cover many difficult topics with your child. Here are tips for getting through a few of them, including values,...
Our resources for parents of children ages 9 and up
Best ways to buy used baby gear, top baby costs and how to save on them, how to slash family spending, and more
Establishing traditions for your children can be magical. Find out how to make the most of holiday cheer year round.
Tips for buying organic and the fruits and veggies that are worth splurging on
Traveling with a family can be rewarding but also hard. Learn the best family vacations for kids and how to plan, travel, and e...
Relationships often change when a baby arrives. Get tips for keeping romance alive and finding ways to strengthen relationships...
The standard schedule for children's checkups and what to expect at each one, plus how to make doctors visits easier on your child
Here's a special set of content just for moms, including snapshots of motherhood, beauty tips for and from moms, and info about...
Becoming friends with other school parents, how motherhood makes you smarter, "bad" mom confessions, and more
You'll have to cover many difficult topics with your child. Here are tips for getting through a few of them, including values,...
Our resources for parents of children ages 9 and up
Best ways to buy used baby gear, top baby costs and how to save on them, how to slash family spending, and more
Membership & Newsletters
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional. Please review the Terms of Use before using this site. Your use of the site indicates your agreement to be bound by the . This site is published by BabyCenter, L.L.C., which is responsible for its contents as further described and qualified in the .
Trying to conceive
Uncover free resources See if you can get free pregnancy resources through your benefits plan. (optional)
Select your State
I don't live in the US
California
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Massachusetts
Mississippi
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Washington
West Virginia
Receive products and offers from BabyCenter’s trusted
* No relationship, sponsorship, or affiliation is implied.Unit5 Do you want to watch a game show知识点及练习题_图文_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
Unit5 Do you want to watch a game show知识点及练习题
阅读已结束,下载文档到电脑
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,方便使用
还剩5页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢}

我要回帖

更多关于 seeyousoon 的文章