管理员 & & &
超级版主 & & &
版主 & & &
会员 & & &
当前只有游客或隐身会员在线
友情链接- 申请本站友情链接交换必须满足PR值等于2或以上
Powered byNegotiating the No-Shop Clause
| LinkedIn
One of the entrepreneurs I mentor got a termsheet from a local investor and expects to get another one before Christmas. The termsheet has an expiration date and includes a no-shop clause. For those of you unfamiliar with the term, a ‘no-shop’ is clause in a termsheet between an entrepreneur and a potential investor that bars the entrepreneur from soliciting termsheets from other investors. In other words, the entrepreneur cannot “shop” the deal around once he executes the termsheet. I recommended he attempt to remove the clause from the agreement.
In most cases the no-shop clause is VERY expensive for a startup and costs the investor nothing. Most startups begin raising money about six months before they’ll actually need the money. If you sign a termsheet with a 60 day no-shop on the third month of your fund raising process you’ll be out of money before you’re allowed to start raising money again. You can’t blame him for asking for it, but I’d recommend you attempt to negotiate its removal. If you can’t get it removed you should attempt to modify it to include a ‘cost’ for the investor.
On several occasions I’ve been successful modifying a ‘no-shop clause’ in two specific ways. First, I’ve asked that the no-shop begin only AFTER the other party had begun third-party legal or accounting diligence (i.e. engaged outside lawyer or accountant) incurring fees. Once an investor has gone ‘hard’ on a deal and has real skin in the game it isn’t unreasonable for them to ask for a no-shop. Second, I’ve asked for a break-up fee equal to my third party legal or accounting costs incurred as a result of the transaction in exchange for a no-shop provision. Again, if an investor wants me to take my company off of the market so he can evaluate the deal all I’m asking is that he have some skin in the game. Alternatively, he can elect NOT to ask for a no-shop provision – usually the best option. Finally, you should make the no-shop provision as short as possible. You need to keep raising money until you close. Never stop shopping your deal (unless of course you’ve agreed to stop for a period of time).
When I’m not running ViewMarket I’m writing about entrepreneurship and mentoring startups. Check out my blog at: . You can apply to join my mentorship program here:
Thanks for reading!
Looking for more of the latest headlines on LinkedIn?Tubano-Shop \|\| Deals 20% - 70% Off}

我要回帖

更多关于 dap条款是什么意思 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信