When Sam was a small child, he _______ spend过去式 hour

扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
Sam lived in a small village. His mother was often ill and he had to spend much money on medicine. And when he was twenty-eight
he borrowed some money from his friends and married. His wife was beautiful but came from a poor family. So she could not help him. She had to tell her husband to find work in the town. She hoped he would get much money to pay for his debt(债). They young man thought she was right and had to say goodbye to her and left.The young man could neither read nor write. Of course nobody would employ (雇用) such a man like him in the town. He had to go to an island and planted trees for a farmer there. The island was small and there were only three men on it. They lived a hard life and Sam missed his mother and wife very much. He wanted to write to them
but he couldn’t. Luckily
who was in school for five years
helped him. Sam asked the farmer to post the letter for him. From then on he waited for the answer every day. About two months later the farmer brought his wife’s letter to the island. He was very happy but he didn’t read it. He had to ask Charlie to help him again.The farmer came out of the house and found Sam was stopping Charlie’s ears while he was listening to the young man reading it. It surprised the farmer and he asked
“What are you doing it for
Sam?”“I can’t let him hear my wife’s letter!”小题1:Sam’s wife was a _____________ woman.A. nice and rich&&&&&&&&&& B. beautiful but poor&&&&& C. kind and strong小题2:Sam had to go to the town to find work because _________.A. the town was a good place&&& B. he could read and write&&& C. he had to pay for his debt小题3:The life on the island was ______________.A. difficult&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. easy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. relaxing小题4:Who posted the letter for Sam?A. Charlie.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. The farmer.&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Sam himself. 小题5:From the story we know Sam was a ___________.A. rude man&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. kind and hard-working man&&&&&& C. cruel husband
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
小题1:B小题2:C小题3:A小题4:B小题5:B分 析:这篇短文主要讲述了Sam为了还清家庭的债务,外出到一个小岛上工作。由于懂读书写字,他让Charlie帮他写信给妻子。当他收到妻子的回信时,他让Charlie帮他读信,并把Charlie的耳朵捂起来,为了不让他听到他妻子的信的内容。小题1:细节理解题。根据文中第一段描述His wife was beautiful but came from a poor family他的妻子漂亮,但来自一个贫穷的家庭,故选B,漂亮但贫穷。小题2:细节理解题。根据文中第二段描述She had to tell her husband to find work in the town. She hoped he would get much money to pay for his debt(债)她让他丈夫到镇上去工作,她希望他可以挣很多钱来还债。故选C 他要还债。小题3:细节理解题。根据文中第二段描述The island was small and there were only three men on it. They lived a hard life岛屿很小而且只有三个人,他们生活很艰苦。故选A,困难的。B轻松的; C 休闲的。小题4:细节理解题。根据文中第二段描述Sam asked the farmer to post the letter for him。Sam让一个农民帮他寄信。故选B。小题5:判断推理题。从文中内容得知,Sam为了家庭在外努力工作,而且对家人很好,从而判断他是个善良而勤快的人,故选B。A粗鲁的人;C 无情的丈夫。
为您推荐:
扫描下载二维码as he was, he looked quite calm in that difficult situation.A.A childB.The childC.ChildrenD.Child 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
________ as he was, he looked quite calm in that difficult situation.A.A childB.The childC.ChildrenD.Child
科目:高中英语
来源:2012届陕西西安市临潼区华清中学高三下学期自主命题(二)英语试卷(带解析)
题型:完型填空
In 1898 an 8.2 earthquake almost flattened America, killing over 30,ooo people in less than four minutes. In the middle of complete damage and disorder, a father rushed to the school where his son was supposed to be,& 26 &that the building was&&2 7.
After the unforgettably shock, he 28 &the promise he had made to his son: “ No matter &29 happens, I’ll always be there for you!” And tears began to 30 his eyes. As he looked at the pile of ruins, it looked hopeless, but he kept remembering his 31& to his son. He rushed there and started 32 the ruins. As he was digging, other helpless parents arrived , 33 : “It’s too late ! They are all dead! 34 &, there’s nothing you can do!” To each parent he responded with 35 : “Are you going to help me now? ”No one helped. And then he continued to dig for his son, stone by stone. Courageously he went on alone because he needed to know 36 : “Is my boy 37 or he is dead?” He dug for eight hours … 12 hours…36 hours…then , in &38 &hour , he pulled back a large stone and heard his son’s 39 . He screamed his son’s name, “ARMAND!” He heard back, “Dad!?! It’s me, Dad! I told other kids not to worry.& I told them that if you were alive, you 40 me and 41 you saved me, they’d be saved. You promised, ‘No matter what happens, I’ll always be there for you!’ You did it, Dad!” “What’s going on in there? ”the father asked“There are 14 of &us &42&43 &33,Dad. We’re scared, hungry, thirsty and thankful you are here. When the building collapsed, it made &44 &, and it saved us.”“Come out , boy!”“No, Dad! Let the other kids out first, 45 I know you’ll get me! No matter what happens, I know you’ll always be there for me!”【小题1】A.only discoveringB.only to discoverC.only realizingD.only to realize.【小题2】A.as flat as a pancakeB.as high as a mountainC.as strong as an ox D.as weak as a kitten【小题3】A.memorized B.forgotC.keptD.remembered【小题4】A.whatB.that C.whichD.who【小题5】A.fillB.fill in C.comeD.burst【小题6】A.pictureB.promiseC.presentD.encourage【小题7】A.diggingB.digging throughC.digging outD.digging into【小题8】A.to sayB.saidC.and sayingD.saying【小题9】A.Come outB.Come againC.Come onD.Come off【小题10】A.one wordB.one soundC.one rowD.one line【小题11】A.for himselfB.of himselfC.by himselfD.to himself【小题12】A.liveB.livingC.aliveD.lively【小题13】A.38B.the 38C.38thD.the 38th【小题14】A.soundB.voiceC.noiseD.tone【小题15】A will save&&&&&& B. would &save&& C. save&&&&&&&&& D. would have saved【小题16】A.ifB.because C.even ifD.though【小题17】A.remainedB.missingC.leftD.gone【小题18】A.forB.behindC.out ofD.over【小题19】A.a promiseB.spaceC.roomD.a triangle【小题20】A.becauseB.thoughC.whenD.even though
来源:2010年江西省德兴市四校联考高一上学期期中考试英语卷
题型:完型填空
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。A little boy was visiting his grandparents on their farm.He was given a slingshot (弹弓) to play with out in the woods.He &36 &in the woods, but he could never hit anything.Getting a little &37 &&, he headed back for dinner.As he was &38 &&back he saw Grandma’s pet &39 &&.Just out of impulse (冲动), he let the slingshot &40 &,hit the duck right in the head and killed it.He was shocked and &41 &&.In a panic, he hid the &42 &&duck in the wood pile, only to see his sister watching! Sally had seen it all, but she said &43 &&.After lunch the next day Grandma said, "Sally, let’s wash the &44 &&." But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he &45 to help in the kitchen." Then she 46 &&to him, "Remember the duck?" So Johnny washed the dishes.Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing.Before they left, Grandma said, "I’m sorry but I &47 &&Sally to help me make supper."Sally just smiled and said, "Well, you needn’t worry about it &48 &&Johnny told me he wanted to help."She whispered again, "Remember the duck?" So Sally went &49 &&and Johnny stayed to help.After several days of doing both his &50 &&and Sally’s, he finally couldn’t &51 &&it any longer.He came to Grandma and admitted that he had &52 &&the duck.Grandma knelt down(蹲下), gave him a &53 &&, and said, "Sweetheart, I know.You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the &54 &&thing, but because I love you.I forgave you.I was just wondering how long you would let Sally make a &55 &&of you.If you make a mistake, just be brave to admit to it and promise not to make it again.In that way, everyone will forgive you."【小题1】A.worked B.practicedC.climbedD.searched【小题2】A.pleased B.worried C.puzzledD.discouraged【小题3】A.turningB.lookingC.walkingD.falling【小题4】A.dog B.duck C.catD.rabbit【小题5】A.riseB.leave C.stopD.fly【小题6】A.sad B.lucky C.angry D.excited【小题7】A.happyB.hungryC.fatD.dead【小题8】A.anything B.somethingC.nothingD.everything【小题9】A.clothesB.dishesC.hands D.floors【小题10】A.wantedB.managedC.triedD.willing【小题11】A.shouted B.explainedC.talked D.whispered【小题12】A.command B.requestC.need D.allow【小题13】A.untilB.because C.while D.although【小题14】A.fishingB.swimmingC.climbingD.shopping【小题15】A.exercise B.lesson C.problemD.housework【小题16】A.acceptB.affordC.stand(忍受)D.support【小题17】A.hurtB.killed C.hiddenD.wounded【小题18】A.kissB.surpriseC.gift D.suggestion【小题19】A.strange B.terribleC.seriousD.whole【小题20】A.enemyB.winnerC.slave D.leader
来源:学年山东省临沭一中高一12月学情调查英语试卷(带解析)
题型:阅读理解
It had been some time since Jack had seen the old man. College, career, and life itself got in the way. In fact, Jack moved clear across the country in pursuit (追寻) of the dreams. There, in the rush of his busy life, Jack had little time to think about the past and often no time to spend with his wife and son. He was working on his future, and nothing could stop him.Over the phone, his mother told him, “Mr. Belser died last night. The funeral(葬礼) is Wednesday.” &Memories flashed(闪现)through his mind like an old newsreel as he sat quietly remembering his childhood days.“Jack, did you hear me?”“Oh, sorry, Mom. Yes, I heard you. it’s been so long since I thought of him. I’m sorry, but I honestly thought he died years ago,” Jack said.“Well, he didn’t forget you. Every time I saw him he’d ask how you were doing. He’d reminisce (回忆) about the many days you spent over ‘his side of the fence’ as he put it, ” Mom told him.“I loved that old house he lived in,” Jack said.“You know, Jack, after your father died, Mr. Belser stepped in to make sure you had a man’s influence (影响) in your life,” she said.“He’s the one who taught me carpentry. I wouldn’t be in this business if it weren’t for him. He spent a lot of time teaching me things that he thought were important. Mom, I’ll be there for the funeral.” Jack said.Busy as he was, he kept his word. Jack caught the next flight to his hometown. Mr. Belser’s funeral was small and uneventful. He had no children of his own, and most of his relatives had passed away.The night before he had to return home, Jack and his Mom stopped by to see the old house next door one more time, which was exactly as he remembered. Every step held memories. Every picture, every piece of furniture … Jack stopped suddenly.“What’s wrong, Jack?” his Mom asked.“The box is gone,” he said.“What box?” Mom asked.“There was a small gold box that he kept locked on top of his desk. I must have asked him a thousand times what was inside. All he’d ever tell me was ‘the thing I value most’,” Jack said.It was gone. Everything about the house was exactly how Jack remembered it, except for the box. He figured someone from the Belser family had taken it.“Now I’ll never know what was so valuable to him,” Jack said sadly.Returning to his office the next day, he found a package on his desk. The return address caught his attention.“Mr. Harold Belser” it read.Jack tore (撕)open the package. There inside was the gold box and an envelope(信封). Jack’s hands shook as he read the note inside,“Upon my death, please forward this box and its contents to Jack Bernett. It’s the thing I valued most in my life.” A small key was taped to the letter. His heart racing, and tears filling his eyes, Jack carefully unlocked the box. There inside he found a beautiful gold pocket watch. Running his fingers slowly over the fine cover, he opened it.Inside he found these words carved: “Jack. Thanks for your time! Harold Belser.”“Oh. My God! This is the thing he valued most …”Jack held the watch for a few minutes, then called his assistant and cleared his appointments for the next two days. “Why?” his assistant asked.“I need some time to spend with my son,” he said.【小题1】Why did Belser send Jack his gold watch?A.Because he had no children or relatives.B.Because he was grateful for Jack’s time with him.C.Because he thought he had to keep his word.D.Because Jack had always wanted it during his childhood.【小题2】Why did Jack say he needed some time to spend with his son?A.He was very tired of his work and wanted to have a good rest.B.He had promised to spare more time to stay with his son.C.He had missed his son and his family for days.D.He came to realize the importance of the time with his family.【小题3】Why did Jack think Mr. Belser died years ago?A.College and career prevented him from remembering Mr. Belser.B.Jack was too busy with his business and family to think about Mr. Belser.C.Jack was too busy realizing his dreams to think about Mr. Belser.D.His present busy life washed away his children memories.【小题4】Jack’s mother told him on the phone about Mr. Belser EXCEPT that _________.A.Mr. Belser often asked how Jack was doingB.Mr. Belser’s funeral would take place on WednesdayC.Mr. Belser had asked for Jack’s mailing addressD.Mr. Belser had pleasant memories of their time together【小题5】Which of the following is the most suitable title for this passage?A.The Good Old TimesB.The Lost Childhood DaysC.An Old Gold WatchD.What He Valued Most
来源:北京市石景山区2010届高三下学期统一测试一
题型:阅读理解
三、阅读理解(共两节,40分)第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,共30分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。ALast week my youngest son and I visited my father at his new home in Tucson, Arizona he moved there a few years ago, and I was eager to see his new place and meet his friends.My earliest memories of my father are a tall, handsome, successful man devoted to his work and his family, but uncomfortable with his children. As a child I as a school girl and young adult I feared him and felt bitter about him. He seemed unhappy with me unless I got straight A’s and unhappy with my boyfriends if their fathers were not as “successful” as he was. Whenever I went out with him on weekends, I used to struggle to think up things to say, feeling on guard. On the first day of my visit, we went out with one of my father’s friends for lunch at an outdoor café. We walked along that afternoon, did some shopping, ate on the street table, and laughed over my son’s funny facial expressions. Gone was my father’s critical (挑剔的) air and strict rules. Who was this person I knew as my father, who seemed so friendly and interesting to be around? What had held him back before? The next day dad pulled out his childhood pictures and told me quite a few stories about his own childhood. Although our times together became easier over the years, I never felt closer to him at that moment. After so many years, I’m at last seeing another side of my father. And in so doing, I’m delighted with my new friend. In his new home in Arizona, my dad is back to me from where he was. 56.Why did the author feel bitter about her father as a young adult? A.He was silent most of the time. B.He was too proud of himself. C.He did not love his children.
D.He expected too much of her.57.When the author went out with her father on weekend, she would feel&&&&&&&& . A.nervous&&&&&&& B.sorry&&&&&&C.tired &&&&&&&& D.safe58.The underlined words “my new friend” in the last paragraph refer to&&&&&&&&&. A. the author’s son&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.the author’s father C.the friend of the author’s father&&&&&&&& D.the café owner
来源:2012届度上海市高三第一次考试英语题
题型:单项填空
___, but he still couldn'tunderstand the logical connection of the two subjects.&&& A.Having told manytimes&&&&&&&&&& B.Having been told many times&&& C.He had been told manytimes&&&& D.Many times as he wastold&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号重庆中考英语短文填空题专门练习(含答案)_甜梦文库
重庆中考英语短文填空题专门练习(含答案)
初中英语填空题专练1 Yesterday morning, Li Hua got up early and____1____breakfast he went to school._____2_____his way to school he saw some____3____ coming from the ____4___ of a house. “There must be something on ____5_____,” he thought. Then he ___6____ as fast as he could to get some water, after a short time, he carried a bucket of ___7____. Quickly he poured the water into the fire. The smoke was put___8_____. To his surprise, he saw an old ____9____out of the window, with a smoke in his hand. He shouted at Li Hua___10______,“ See what you are doing! You bad boy!” 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________2 More and more people are___1_____the life with computers. Using computers you can send E-mail ____2___ and easily. You are able to send a letter with pictures and sounds to someone___3____in the world without putting a stamp. E-mail can send its message to the other side of the world____4_____seconds.E-mailiseasytouseandit_____5___time and money. It serves(服务)for twenty-four hours. So it doesn’t matter if your friends are in bed when you send E-mail to them, or you are seeing a film at the cinema when they send E-mail____6____.Can you imagine(想象) the future without teachers____7_____computures? Students will teach themselves in the schools of the future. Computers help students develop their own ways of____8___. Students will follow the learning programmes by looking at on line libraries and _____9____lessons by world-class teachers. If they don’t understand something, they will ask other students online or E-mail their teachers. Computers are becoming more and more_____10_____indeed. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________3 It is easier to go downhill than to climb uphill, so it is easier to _____1____ into bad habits(习惯)than into good ones. Bad habits don’t come ___2_____. They come little by little(逐渐 的)____3___people do not notice(注意)their danger(危险). Schoolboys first pick up little____4_____habit in school and on the streets. When they can’ finish their lessons, they copy(抄袭) t from their ___5______. If they see bigger boys____6___, they also want to learn to smoke. When they get bigger, the habits become so ___7_____that they can no longer get ride of___8___. From copying, they fall behind, then they learn to steal, and smoking is bad for their _______9___. At last, they become worse and worse. How necessary (必要) it is that we get rid of the bad habits in the ___10_____. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________4 Here’s a part of an e-mail _____1______from Joe, giving some ___2______to his son in college.” when I was young, I often met ___3____” about what to do and what not to do. My grandmother told me not to ____4____about those things because I only did them once a year or once a lifetime. ____5_______, I should try to do well those things which I do every day. For example, I need to eat every day, so I should learn how to ____6____. I need to talk____7_____ , so I should learn how to work with _______8____people and know how to speak well. I walk every day, so my ____9___ should be all right and know comfortable(舒服). Every night I sleep, so my bed should let me have a good rest. Taking care of the___10____ things means that you do a better job of the one-in-a-lifetime things as well.” 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________5 The computer was one of the most important_____1___of last century. The first computer was as large as a room. Now some computers are as small as television sets. Some computers can even made smaller ___2_____ a book. About 20 years ago, the computer was a ____3___machine in china, not many people understood it and said yes to it. Today much of that is changing. In 1984, Deng Xiaoping ___4____two pupils working on the computers in Shanghai, he said that computer lessons _____5____start from child. So there was the first computer book for middle school students. Now in Shanghai _____6____all middle schools have classrooms for computer courses(课程). Some of the students now have their ___7______comptuers at home. With the help of internet, they can send and ________8_____messages and e-mails. They canlearn about the world more, quickly. Now computers are____9____used in banks, factories, airports and so on. The computer coming into everyone’s_____10____, so it is important for us to learn how to use a computer freely. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________6 Climbing a mountain is hard work, but one step after another finally brings a person to the_____1_____. Along the way, he can stop and look___2_____. And the ______3____he climbs, the more wonderful his view(视野)is. If he keeps climbing, he will have a new world before him. He will have a new way of___4______everything.Now learning _____5____language is something like climbing a mountain. This new language can give you a new view of life. And it is more than a look at the surface(表面)of things. It can open the way into people’s minds and hearts, into a culture(文化)very ______6____from the one of your own. This will make you richer,____7_____in things that money can’t buy. Even though you never set foot on a ship or a plane, you can be an armchair___8_______through books. Like the mountain climber who stops now and then to __9_____the scenery around him, everyone who is interested in reading will find_____10____in books as he fights on to learn more and more of that new language. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________7 A storm dropped heavy rains on central and southern parts of china. The radio says that___1_____ the Xiangjiang River in Hunan, flood caused by terrible___2______in the past weeks killed 25 people and 13 others were missing. The Chinese government warned some parts in Yunnan and the city of Chongqing of possible heavy rains over the____3_____few days. In Changsha, water levers rose to 38 meters early Monday morning about 3 meters _____4_____ the danger life. In Guangdong, at ______5______21 people have been killed, whilethreewere____6_____hurtand7wentmissing_______7___ heavy floods hit northern parts by Saturday. The cities of Shaoguan ,Meizhou andHeyuan_____8______hardest hit and many people were left homeless(无家可归)。A bout 620 million yuan has been lost in the floods. The local government of Guangdong has sent something_____9______to Meizhou, Heyuan and Shaoguan to help people who had lost homes build their_____10______again. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________8 When Martin was a small boy , he lived in the a little town of Holtham. Then , he thought the town was a big_____1_____. When Martin went back to Holtham last week , he thought “ it’s a small town!” Holtham has changed little during the ____2____forty years. ____3_____Martin has changed a lot. He has ____4____into a man. He is now in his _____5_______age. His thoughts are a man’s thoughts, and He sees things through a____6______eyes. Martin ___7_____in Holthamforfivehours,Hewalkedfromstreet_____8_______street. He could see no friends. Was Holtham then a town of strangers? No , Martinsuddenly______9_____it al, Only he _____10____was a stranger in the town. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________9 One day, Mark Twain_____1_____his father that he had ___2______the rule of the school. According to the rule, he had to ___3______for five dollars or was ____4____before the whole school. His father said it was too badto_____5_____their family shamed in front of the whole school. His ____6_____to give Mark Twain five dollars to _____7____ over the teacher. But before_____8______him the money, he gave him a good beating. As he ___9_____one beating at home and had got used of it, he decided to ___10______another beating at school and kept the five dollars. Thus he earned his first bit of money in his life. 1_________2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 10I often by train to some____1____of interest. This summerI decided to take a train trip to the countryside. I got on the train and ____2______a seat by the window. When the bell rang, the train started moving. The train movedalong_____3___and gradually gained______4____. We went through a number of tunnels, crossed some bridges and traveled in the countryside. It was a _____5_____day and the scenery outside was ______6_____. There were fieldseverywhere. We could see farmers working____7_____in the fields. Some children who were playing under trees waved to us as the train went by. The train ____8_____ over a bridge under which a group of ducks were enjoying themselves. They were frightened by the noise of our train and __9_______off. I looked out of the window, after while, I closed my eyes and started to make ___10______for my next holiday. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 9____________7_____________ 10_____________错误! 未找到引用源。 Children’ schooling is changing very fast s today. In the past, teachers_____1______children sitting for hours. They made them remember____2___kinds of things. In other ______3_____, the children had to go on repeating things until they knew them” by heart” Today, many teachers want . to know if it is _____4_____to make children learn at all. They say you can ___5_____help them learn. They say you must let children learn and find out things by____6____. But for these children, school is a kind of prison(监狱). They are there only because their_______7_______make them go. They get out of the classroom as soon as the teacher lets them_____8_______. Many of them want to find work, but the law(法律) will not let them work until they reach a certain ___9______. And so , they have to stay in school. Often they do not learn anything at all and___10_____every moment. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 12 The men came to London for holidays. They came to a very large hotel and ___1_____in a room on the forty-fifth floor. One day they__2______ to a theatre andcame____3____to the hotel very late. “I’ sorry,” said the m waiter of the hotel,“ but our lift doesn’t work tonight.” One of _____4______said to his two friends, “we have to_____5__up to our room. It’s very difficult. I think I know how to make it easier. On our way to the room, I shall tellyou _____6____jokes, john will sing us some songs. Then you Peter will tell us some____7_______stories.” So they began to walk toward their room. Tom told them many jokes. John sang some songs. At last they came to the fortieth floor. They were tired and _____8___to have a rest. “well,” said Tom, “Peter, will you tell us a ____9______story with a sad end?” “ I shall tell you a sad story,” said Peter. “it’ short, but it s is sad enough. We left key in the __10_____room just now. what shall we do?” 1_________ 3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 9____________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 10_____________ 13 Many people like to play_____1_______. Here is one. It make your classmates______2____. And it is ____3_____, too. For this trick you need a five-fen coin and a piece of paper. On the paper draw a ____4_____smaller than the coin. Then cut out the little circle you drew just now. now give the paper and coin to one of your friends. Ask him or her to ___5_______through the hole but do not get the paper _______6_______. Of course he or she can’t do it. Then ask your friend to give you back the paper and the coin, and tell him that you will show him _____7______to do the trick. Put your finger through the hole and push thecoin_____8_____your finger. It will be ___9_______to you have pushed the coin____10___the hole in the paper! 1_________ 3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 14 9____________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 10_____________A bee went to a river to drink. As it was _____1_____,the bee was carried away by the running water. A kind bird saw that the bee was in danger. It picked a leaf off the tree and threw it into the ____2_____in front of the bee. The bee climbed onto the leaf, and it was _____3____safely to the land. The bee___4_____the bird a lot and then flew away. Not long_______5___that,a bird was sitting on the branch of the tree. It did not_____6___a man was shooting(射击) at it.But bee saw_____7___the man was doing. So it flew __8_____ the man’ eye and stung(刺)him. The pain(疼痛) in s the man’s eye was so ____9_____that he was not able to shoot the bird, and the bird flew away. In this_________, the bee, whose life had been saved by the bird, was able to save life of the bird. 1_________ 3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 9____________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 10_____________15Once a ____1______German writer visited Japan, hewas ______2_____to give a lecture ____3_____of students. Most of them couldn’t _______4___spoken German, so hehad to have an interpreter(口译)。 _____5______his lecture he told an amusing story. The story went to _____6________ for quite a long time. At last he stopped to let the interpreter to translate the long story into Japanese. He was ____7______ when the man did this in few seconds. When the man ______8_____translating it, all studentslaughed______9_____. The writer wondered what a simple language Japanese was. After the lecture, the writer thanked the interpreter for his good work and then said to him, “ now please tell me how you translated that long story of_____10____into such a short Japanese one? ” I didn’t “ tell the story at all,” the interpreter answered with a smile, “ the well_-known writer has just told a funny story, you will all laugh, please. ” 1_________ 3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 9____________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 10_____________16 A famous rich old man once gave a _____1______at an American university.” I’m going to tell you how to live a long, _____2______life and how to get very rich,” he said. “ you can’t ______3____or smoke. But you have to get up early every morning, work at____4______10 hours a day and save every______5___sa well, ” he said. A young man____6______ stood up. “ myfather did all thosethings and yet he ______7____a very poor man at the age of only 39. how do you _____8_____that? ”he asked. The rich old man thought for a ___9____. “It’ very simple. He didn’ s t do them for long____10______,”he answered. 1_________ 3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 9____________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 10_____________17 A woman saw three old men sitting in her front yard. She said, ” I don ’ t think I know you, but you must be ___1____.please come in and have something to eat. ” “we do not go into a house together,” they answered at the ____2______time. ____3_______is that?” she wanted to know. “ One of the old men explained,“ his___4_____ is wealth, this is success, and I am love.” Then he added(补充) , now go in and “ discuss with your husband____5______one of us you want in your home. ” Then the women went in and told her husband_______6___the old man said. her husband said,” let’ s invite wealth, let him come and ________7________our home with wealth!” his wife agreed. Then the daughter said,” wouldn’t it be _8_______ to invite love? Our home will then be _____9___with love! ” “all right,” said the father. So the woman went out and asked, “which one of you is love ? please come in and be our guest.” love got up and started walking towards the house. The other two also got up and ____10______him. The woman was ____11_________and asked wealth and success,” I _____12_____invited love. Why are you coming in?” the three old men answered together,” if you had invited wealth_____13__success, the other two of us would have stay out. But_____14_____you invited love, where he goes, we go with him, wherever there is love,_______15________is also wealth and success!” 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________ 14________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 11_________ ____12_____________13_____________15_____________ you are going to Boston and you18 Supposehave_____1_____visited the city before. If someone tells you about the ___2_______places in this city, you ____3________to get some idea of what you will see. But you don’t have a ________4_______idea of where these places are or of how to find them. However, if someone has a map of the city and ____5_______ you the main roads and buildings, you may say, “oh, now I ___6____i can find my way with no trouble at all. ” working in maths issomewhat like trying to find your way ____7_______a new city. Perhaps in problems the words may tell you some things and you have heard about them, but you can’t see any clear road____8___ the answers. Maybe you need to have a kind of map of the ____9____roads in maths to help you find your way. Explore what goes on in maths, and try your best to find the main roads. They will lead you to answers. If you can find the road map, the maths problems willbe___10_______worked out. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________19 Can animals be made to work for people? Some scientists think that one day animals may be trained to do a number of simple jobs ____1_____.of people. They say that at a circus , for example, ,dogs we may ,or see elephants other ,monkeys,bearsanimalsdoing_____2_______skillfullthings .perhaps you have seenthem on tv or in a film. If you watch closely, you may find that trainers ___3_____the animals some sugar_____4____a piece of fruit as reward. The scientists say that many _______5______ animals may be trained to do a lot of simple things if they know they will get a reward ____6____doing that.Of course, as we know , dogs can be trained house ,and soldiers in both to guard a old andmodern______7____have_____8_____geese to give warning by___9_____a lot of noise when an enemy comes near. And also it may be possible to train animals to work in families or______10_____. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________20 With the ____1________ of the material prosperity, advertisement have become more and more ____2_____in ourdailylife.Advertisementsgivethe________3______information about products. If there were no advertising, consumers could not____4______about goods in there nearby shops. Advertisements help sell at a bigger market. Therefore, as more goods are sold, they are cheaper. Advertisement also provides ________5____for newspapers, magazines, radio and TV stations, etc. but there are also some opinions _____6____advertising. Some people think that advertisements do not give much information but only try to ____7_____you to buy. They create a demand for goods that are not ______8_____needed. Besides, advertising adds to the price of goods. Actually, everycoin______9____two sides. Advertising is with out exception. But in today’s world, advertising is not only necessary, but also_______10_____. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________21 Western country music is very old. It came from the United States, Canada, Ireland, and Great Britain. Western country music is a mixture of music from all of these __________1_____. In the American west, cowboys had to take care of the cattle. They had to watch them all day and all night because the cattle______2_____nervous andsometimes ran away. A cowboy’s life was______3____and dangerous. When he was alone in the desert with the cattle, he ____4______strong coffee to stay awake at night. He sang about the_____5______and the moon, about his family and his friends. The cattle listened to the cowboy and went to ________6___. They did not run away if he sang beautiful music. The cowboys also sang music they________7________to town. Sometimes they played either guitars or harmonicas(口琴)。Later, they used violins and other instruments(乐器)。 the American south, many people In came from Ireland, S other people came from France, Canada. They___8______their own kind of music. They also added( 添 加 ) instruments from their homes. When they visited their friends and families on holidays like Christmas, they usually sang and played country music. Western country music describes( 描 述 )life. It ___9___________about love, jobs and money. People in many parts of the world like western country music because everyone knows something about these ideas. Also, many western country music fans wear western____10_____and dance together to western country music. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________22 I can’t remember when I _____1_____in love with music. Maybe it happened when I was feeling blue sometime long ago. I can’t tell you exactly how music_____2_____me feel better. But when I listen to music, especially light music, it makes me feel calm and peaceful. Now I am listening to a song _____3_____moon river. It really is a fantastic song. It inspired(激励)me to write this article. I didn’ like this song at t the ______4______, but_____5___found its slow melody(旋 律)and ______6_______lyrics (曲调) deeply touching(感人的). “Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker. Wherever you’regoing I’m going your way. Two drifters(流浪者) off to see the world. There ’ s such a lot of world to see. ”Yes.____7______there is a long way to go for drifter and maybe there are many troubles ahead, he seems_____8____ of nothing. I like music. Music reminds me that human beings have a lot in common_____9________if come from different countries or backgrounds, because we all have the same feeling or ________10_______of melodies and words. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 23While traveling in Russia. Ed Jackson ran short of (缺少)money. So he wrote ______(1) his brother, asking for $ 500. &Send the ________(2) by telegram (电报) to the bank (银行) here.& he wrote. After a week Ed began ________ (3) the bank. He ________(4) his passport (护照)to the bank clerk (职员). &Nothing has come for you, Mr Jackson.& he was told. This went ________(5) for three weeks, and Mr Jackson got very ___ (6), he phoned his brother, asking __________(7) the money was. The brother said it had been sent three weeks________(8). That evening Ed Jackson was arrested (被捕) for failing to _________(9) his hotel bill (帐单). He tried to tell the police what his problem was, but no one would believe him. At last he was ________(10) to the police station for fifteen. 1_________2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________24 he programs Sun Xiaomei hosts(主持)might be among the shortest on CCTV. “on Screen_____1_____week” once a is week for 15 minutes. And “TV You, He and I” comes for 5 minutes each time too.“___2______these programs are short, I have many___3_______to make them lively for the audience,” she said. Sun was___4_______in music in her childhood(童年). She played the violin since the age of 5until she finished middle school. At first her father wanted her to ______5______a music school, however,16-year-old Sun Xiaomei became a _____6______in Beijing Broadcasting College(北京广播学院). Sun loves her job as a hostess(女主持人)very much. She plays______7________attention to(注意) learning from her comrades, especially Zhao Zhongxiang. When Zhao hosted” The Animal World”, Sun would _______8_____beside him to learn.” I am sure when I am seen by hundreds of _____9_____of audiences on the weekend, I can make friends with them________10____my warm and easy talk,” she said. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________25 Traveling to all corners of the world gets easier and easier, but how well do we do know and ______1_______each other? ____2______at four o’clock, what time should you ___3__your foreign business friends to come? If they are German, they will ___4______on time. If they are American, they’ll probably be 15 minutes early. If they are British, they’ll be 15 minutes late. The British seemed to think that since the English______5____was widely used in the world, what they did was certain to be widely understood. Very _____6____they were completely wrong. For ___7______, the British are happy to have a business lunch and discuss matters with a drink during the meal. But the Japanese_____8_____ not to work while eating. Lunch is a time for them to relax and get to know____9_____other, and they don’t drink at lunch. The German like to talkbusiness___10_____dinner. They French like to eat first and talk afterwards. They have to be well fed and watered before they discuss anything. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________26 A young man was going to spend his holiday in a mountain village. That night he ___1______ at a small hotel near the railway station._______2_______going to bed, he went to the owner of the hotel and said, “Excuse me, sir. Will you please_____3______me up at a quarter to five tomorrow morning?” “I’ll take five o’ clock___4_____.” “Oh,sorry,” owner said ____5_____a the hurry.“ I’m afraid I can’t. I won’t be able to get up _____6____early.” The man was about to return to his____7_____when he stopped and asked,” Have you got an alarm clock?____8____it can help me.” yes, here you are , young man.” The young man thanked the owner happily. But when he looked at the alarm clock closely, it seemed there was something___9____with it.” will it ring____10___time?”he asked.“ sure! You just give it a good shake(摇晃)at a quarter to five. And it will ring.” 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________27 No man can change the weather. Nobody can control(控制)the weather. But if we study carefully the signs around us, we can tell the important_____1_____in weather. This way of______2____what the weather will be like on the_____3_____day or two is called weather forecasting. For many centuries and in all countries people have_______4___the weather and tried to make weather forecasting. Sometimes the objects far away such as hills and tall trees seem to be very_____5_____and near. This is a sign of much water vapor(蒸汽)in the air, and so______6_____may come. Rings(光环)round the sun are the sign of the _____7_____rain. Many people fell pain in their bones(骨头). This is a sign of the coming of wet weather. Some birds fly____8_____if fine weather is coming. They fly near the ____9_____if rain and storm is on the _____10______. If you see a rainbow(彩虹)rainy weather, this sign shows that the weather will become clear and fine. If a fog comes out in the morning just about sunrise, then the day will be warm. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________28 In the long summer holiday, Jack and Peter spent a lot of time in the forest. They built a house with the wood from a dead ____1______. They cooked and ate their_____2_____in the house. When it rained, they stayed_____3______. One day , Jack said,” Shall we bring some bed clothes from home and ____4____here tonight?” So they brought the bed clothes, made beds and____5____to bed in the forest. It was all______6____for a time. Then it grew dark. The____7_____of night birds and animals were loud and near. The two boys were ____8____. At eleven o’ clock____9_____got up and went____10______to their families. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________29 The Hope Project is a national charity(慈善组 织)that_____1_____young dropouts in _____2______areas go back to school. The Hope Project was ___3_______in 1990 by the China Youth Development Fund. It has____4______over 1.78 billion yuan in donations(捐助) ____5____2.29 million children back to school over the past ten years. Many people inside our country and____6______have given their______7________to help poor children go back to school._____8_______you like to help poor children? If you would,____9________action(行 动) right now. you cab give your old books or your____10____money to them. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 30 9____________7_____________ 10_____________(此题配图)The picture_____1_______a school girland a _____2_____woman. The girl is wearing a pair of_____3_____and carrying a large and _______4______schoolbag. The woman is doing some_____5____. The girl is saying to the woman, “if you ____6______schoolbag for me, I’m sure you’ll lose some weight(重量)”now we students are overburdened(过重负 担)with lessons and_____7____. Every day we have to listen to the teachers, take notes and do our homework. We hope our teacher will help us get more knowledge with______8_____lectures(讲课)and _______9______homework. We want to do more physical exercise and take part in some social activities to make us stronger and____10______. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 31 Ladies and Gentlemen:, thank you for coming to this concert. I hope you have_____1_____the music. We had this concert to_____2_____money for children in Africa die because they have illness or don’t have enough_____3_____to eat. There are two____4____. First, the children, parents have no jobs, so they have no money to buy medicine or food. Second, the governments in many African countries do not have the money to ____5______care of poor people. Most African countries are____6____. The land is not good for______7_____food and the weather isn’t good for farming, either. The organization” The Feed African Fund”_____8_____a lot of money every year on food for poor people in African. The money comes from generous(慷慨的)people, for they do not want to see children_____9_______from hunger. Just one dollar can buy enough rice or corn to feed family of four for three days. How____10______do you spendon food every day? Ten dollars? Twenty dollars? I am sure you can spend less on your own food so that you have a few dollars for” The Feed African Fund ”. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are now taking a collection. Please be generous. Thank you. 1_________2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________32 Dear Ann, Thank you for your letter, I’m fine. I just come back from Canada. Canada is a very______1____country. There are many____2______there. I like Banff National Park best. There are trees, flowers, lakes, animals, and mountains in that park. These make the park very beautiful. I went to Banff National Park with my____3______. It was a fine day. We rode horses in the park. It was great! I liked_____4___horses. Then we went ____5__in one of the lakes. The water was____6_____. There were some fish in the lake. It was good to sit in the boat and____7____the beautiful scenery(风景). After that, we went to the mountains. In the mountains, there were many animals. We walked and watched the animals. I thought they were___8_______. I loved them very much. Finally, I ate some food, I t was____9____! And I ________ some souvenirs for my friends. How about you? Is everything ok? Looking forward to your letter. Best wishes to you!Yours,Kay 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________33 There was an old pear tree in a man’s garden. In the past, the tree fruited every year, so the man would get many pears. But now, the tree got old. There wereno______1____pears for the man. So the ungrateful(忘恩 负义的)man____2_____to cut the tree down. When he walked toward the tree with an axe(斧子)in his hand, the tree said to him,“ please don’t cut me down. I have borne(结)so many pears for you in the past years. Now I will die soon. I only have a short time to ______3____. Please don’ kill a ____4______tree that has done so much t for you.” I’m sorry, I have to do so,” the man said, “ because I need wood to make a chair.” then he began to wave(挥动)his axe. At that moment, a bird in the old tree shouted at him,“ Don’t cut it down! Every time you go out and your wife feels_____5__, she will come out to the garden and sit under the tree to enjoy its cool shade(树 阴),and I sing songs to make her_____6____. We give pleasure to your wife when you are _____7______from home.” The man didn’t listen to the bird and drove it away. Just when he was about to cut the tree, some trees flew out of it and said,” listen, if you agree not to kill this tree, we will give you delicious honey(蜂蜜) every day. Would you please___8______the tree with us?” the man got moved(感动). He said,“ You are so kind to the tree,______9____it has become old. Now I see that I shouldn’ cut it down. It has done so much for me and my t wife. Let the tree stay here, and let the bird continue its songs here. ”With the words, the man left, and the old tree lived there to its___10_____day. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 9____________7_____________ 10_____________ a _______of robots34 Do you_____1____robots? There arein the world now. some of the robots can walk, sing and dance. Some can talk____3__people. Most of them can do heavy work. In a few_______4_____years, a robot will be able to____5_____a car, a train, a ship or a _______6_____. In a hospital, a restaurant or a shop,we___7_______see a robot at work. By then, we need____8____do the cooking or go shopping ourselves. We just give orders(命令)to a robot and it will do____9______the housework. A robot will be our good______10__. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ years, 10_____________ have enjoyed3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 35 ForseveralAmericanstele-shopping----watching TV and buying things by phone. Now tele-shopping is becoming___1______in Europe. In a number of European countries, people can turn on their TVs and_______2____for clothes, jewelry, food, toys and many other things. Tele-shopping is becoming popular in Sweden. For___3______, the biggest Swedish company sells_____4_____kinds of things on TV in 15 European countries, and in one year it made$100 million. In France there are two tele-shopping channels, andthe_____5___spend about $20 million a year buying things___6______ those channels. In Germany, until last year, tele-shopping was only____7_____on one channel for an hour every day. Now And largest the many Americangovernment_______8____tele-business. companies, including( 包 括 )thetele-shopping company and a 24-hour tele-shopping will help them___10_____more things. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________36 In the past, women could only stay at home to do housework, such as____1______clothes, looking after babies, cooking meals and so on. They were looked down upon and not____2____to find a job outside. In the 1960s, women____3______to fight for their rights. Women in China enjoy a ____4_____life than before. They can get jobs___5___and can do all kinds of jobs. For example, there are women police officers, women doctors, women teachers, and women nurses. But it’s more____6_____for women to get to the top of a company as they do more housework at home. In the countryside, many people still____7___to have boys are stronger and are better at farm work than girls. I don’t think it’s_____8______. In fact, women can do everything men can do. In China, everyone knows “ women hold up______9__of the sky”,but still the government must do a lot ____10____ to improve women’s life. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________37 Bill Gates born on October 28, 1955. He was___1______ William Henry after his father and grandfather. He was a very clever boy, at school, his favorite___2______were science and math. When people asked him_____3___he wanted to be in the future, he always said,” A scientists.” when he was 13 years old, Bill started toplay____4______computers. At that time, a computer was a very large____5_____. Once he was interested in a very old computer. He and some of his friends spent lots of time____6______Unusual things with it. In the end, they worked out a software program(软件程序)。 Bill sold it for 4,200 dollars when he was only 17. In 1973, Bill went to Harvard University, there he developed the BASIC language for the first microcomputer (微机). But he didn’ t finish his studies in Harvard. In his_____7_____year, he left Harvard to work for Microsoft( 微 软 ). He thought computer would be an ______8______tool(工具) in every office and in every home,___9_____he began developing software for personal computers. He made itmuch_____10_____for people to use computers than before. 1_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 9____________ 10_____________3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 38 Moths is rather than fun, you know. The problem and puzzles are often very____1____. Would you like to have a try? Now here is a ____2______for you. Three men had a ___3____in a restaurant. After the meal, the waiter brought them a bill for thirty dollars. Each man ____4____the waiter a ten dollar note. The waiter then took the thirty dollars to the cash-desk(收款台). The bill was only twenty-five dollars, so he ___5_______five dollars back to the three man. But the three men could not divide(分)the five dollars_____6_____them. “Let’s give the_____7____two of the five dollars,” said one of the man,” Then he can give us one dollar___8______” the other men agreed to his. And so each man received only one dollar from the waiter. This means that each man____9___nine dollars for his meal. Thewaiter____10______two dollars. Three times( 乘 )nine is twenty-seven, plus(加)two is twenty-nine. Where is the other dollar then? 1_________ 3_____________ 6_________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 8_____________9____________10_____________39 The Kiwi(几维鸟) lives only in New Zealand. It looks a bit a long_-beaked(长嘴的) chicken, but it has no tail and it can’t fly. Kewis Live in _____1__. They sleep in the day time and come out to _____2____at night. They eat worms and insects(昆虫) that live among dead_____3___. They also enjoy fallen___4_____. The Kewi is a very strange-looking bird. It is about 45cm long. A female Kiwi weighs___5_____ 4 kilos, but her egg weighs about 0.5 kilo____6___. That’s nearly ten times as ______7____as chicken’s egg! It gets its name from its_____8_____of Ki-wee. The number of Kiwis is getting smaller and smaller because so many have been___9______by the cats, dogs and other animals that people have____10____to New Zealand. What a pity! 1_________ 3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 9____________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 10_____________40 A long_____1_____ago there was an old woman. She lived with her two____2_____in a small house. There_____3____two rose trees in her____4____. One rose tree had white flowers. One of her daughters was as beautiful as a white rose. Her name was snow white. The other rose tree had red flowers. the other daughter had long hair and big blue eyes. She was as_____5______as a red rose. Her name was Rose Red, And she liked singing and____6___. Snow white liked_____7____at home and working in the house with her mother. The girls were good friends and they were ___8___together. They loved their mother. They_____9____care of their mother, their mother liked them very much.. they lived___10_____. 1_________ 3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 9____________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 10_____________41 Mr. and Mrs. White had two sons and three daughters. One Sunday, Mrs. White said to her husband, “ The children don ’ t have any lessons today, and you ’ re_____1____, too. There’s a new funfair in the park. Let’ s all go there to play.” Her husband said, “I want to__2____some work today.” oh, forget it. Go there and “ make our children___3______. That’s the most important work, ” Mrs. White said. So Mr. and Mrs.White_____4_____their children to the funfair. Mr. White was forty-five years old, but he_____5______the funfair more than his children. He hurried from one thing to another, and_____6____lots of sweets. One ofthe___7_____said to her mother,“ Dad is just____8____a small child, isn’t he, mom?” Mrs. White didn’t want to____9_____her husband around any more at that time and answered, He is even worse than a small child, Mary, “ because he might_____10____more money than a small child.” 1_________ 3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 9____________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 10_____________42 Library is room or building for collection of books kept there for reading. Our school library’s a newly-built five-story building, standing in the___1_____of our schoolyard. It has become the mostattractive_____2______to both the teachers and the students ever since it came into use. The library has a____3____of over 3 million books which are stored in different parts. On the ground floor, a great variety of reference(参考书)books and_____4____ are for people to read. As more as 2,500,000 books on ____5_____and engineering are shelved on the first floor, materials about ____6____and humanity(人类)are available(可得到的)on the third floor. Novel-lovers can go up to the top floor to __7_____their favorites from among300,000 books on literature(文学) arts. on the second floor, more than 80 kinds of newspapers and 200sorts of magazines and periodicals are on display, welcoming groups and groups of____8_______. We can ___9______a lot from the library, not only about subjects. But also about everything we want to know. Going to library_____10_____to be part of school life. We love our school library. 1_________ 3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 9____________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 10_____________43 Work styles(方式)have changed dramatically. Instead of person-to C person contacts,________1____, faxes and the internet are used more frequently to keep business operations. Chen Pengcheng, general manager of Wangfu Economic and Trade Co. Ltd. In Zhuhai of Guangdong said,“ we thought SARS would disrupt(破坏) our normal operations, but with modern office equipment, everything is as_____2___. ” “ It reminds me that our workprocedure(过程) could be well more streamlined(合理 化).many flights and____3___ are actually redundant(多余 的), ”said Chen. Pan Yining, professor of ZhongshanUniversity in Guangdong said, It’ good opportunity to “ s strength the cohesion(凝聚力) of the nation, and for many people, a reassessment( 重 新 估 价 ) of the value of their____4_____ ” SARS is an all new test of rapid “ response capability( 能 力 ) of china ’ s and public____5_____adiminstration( 机 构 )governmentofficials,” said Pan. Tang Yong, who works with china southern airlines, said he and his son of fightingwould_____6_____his reports______7____medicalcollections workersSARS____8_____during the coming holiday.“ I would ______9____ my child this: when the motherland calls, your parents would make the same_____10____. And I hope you do, too,” said Tang. 1_________ 3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 9____________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 10_____________44 Mr. Green was a proud man.“ I’m sure my family is one of the oldest in the country,” he often told people.“ It has long ___1_____” One day, he went to see an export on family history, Mrs. Polly. “I want you to find out____2_____about my family,” he said.“ Where do they come from? Who was the first Green? were there any famous people in your family? Do I have any rich____3_____?” “Ok,”Mrs. Polly said,“ but it will cost you $ 2,000.” Mr. Green thought about this. Two thousand dollars was a lot of ___4_____. At last he said, “ All right, But for $2,000, I want a _____5_____history. I want full details.” The experts___6______,“Come back in three months,” she said. Three months later Mr. Green____7____Mrs Polly. “Well,” he said, “have you found out everything about my family?” “YES,” she said, “it’ a very interesting family. However, s my price is $5,000” “Five thousand dollars!” Mr. Green______8____.“ But you told me the _____9_____was only $2,000.” “I see, it was $2,000 to find out everything about your family,” she said,” It’s _____10__$3,000 to keep secret what I found out!” 1_________ 3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 9____________ 2_____________ 4____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 10_____________45 PRESENTS: if you are ___1______to someone’s home to have a meal, it’s usual to take some____2_____ or a box of chocolates. it is not usual to take a bottle of wine_____3_____ you know your host well. Although flowers and chocolates are quite acceptable, it would be very nice if you could take something from your country. It is different if you are invited to a p[arty, and it also_____4_____on what kind of party it is. Many parties these days are “ bring a bottle” parties. Unless your host is very rich, then a bottle of wine is always____5_______if it is a bottle of 30 or more people. Ask whether or not you should bring a bottle when you are invited if you aren’t___6____. Say something like,“ Can I bring a bottle?” and your____7______will tell you what to do. DRESS: if you aren’t sure what you should___8_______, then ask your host or your friends. Usually dress is informal and individual in Britain for parties and for invitations to dinner in people’s homes. If you are going to an ______9______reataurant, then men may have to wear jacket and tie. And jeans wouldn ’ t be ______10.______ 1_________ 3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 9____________ 4____________ 2_____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 10_____________46 The customs ( 风 俗 )of people in other countries may appear_____1________to us. And some of our ways must seem just as strange to them. For example, let us look at oldJapanese______2_____ and.we theysleep sleepon on____3_______pillowshard_____4____. We wash our faces and wipe(擦净) them dry with towels(毛巾); they wipe their faces with ____5___towels. We lower our faces when we say prayers(祈祷); they___6_____theirs. When entering houses, we_____7______ the Japanese take off their shoes. We give they leave them when departing. We open gifts in _____8______ they never do. When in mourning(哀悼), they wear white. We frown when scolded( 责 备 ); they_____9_______. When we say that the customs of people in other countries are strange, they could reply, “ The _____10_____to you” 1_________ 3_____________ 6_________ 8_____________ 9____________ 4____________ 2_____________ 5_____________ 7_____________ 10_____________47 You have to shake hands when you’ coming or going in re German}

我要回帖

更多关于 spend过去式 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信