i had love to own a picture like that is what i like什么意思

阅读理解。
"A good book for children should simply be a good book in its own right," says Mollie Hunter. Born and brought up near Edinburgh, Mollie has devoted her talents to writing primarily for young people. She firmly believes that there is always and should always be a wider audience for any good book whatever its main market is. In Mollie"s opinion it is necessary to make full use of language and she enjoys telling a story, which is what every writer should be doing."If you aren"t telling a story, you"re a very dead writer indeed," she says. With the chief function of a writer being to entertain (让人愉快), Mollie is indeed an entertainer."I have this great love of not only the meaning of language but of the music of language," she says. "This love goes back to early childhood. I"ve told stories all my life. I had a school teacher who used to ask us what we would like to be when we grew up and, because my family always had dogs, and I was very good at handling them, I said I wanted to work with dogs, and the teacher always said "Nonsense, Mollie, dear, you"ll be a writer." So finally I thought that this woman must have something, since she was a good teacher and I decided when I was nine that I would be a writer."
This childhood intention is described in her novel, A Sound of Chariots, which although written in the third person is clearly autobiographical (自传体的) and gives a picture both of Mollie"s ambition (理想) and her struggle towards its achievement. Thoughts of her childhood inevitably(不可避免地) brought thoughts of the time when her home was still a village with buttercup meadows and strawberry fields-sadly now covered with modern houses."I was once taken back to see it and I felt that somebody had lain dirty hands all over my childhood. I"ll never go back," she said."Never.""When I set one of my books in Scotland," she said,"I can recall my romantic (浪漫的) feelings as a child playing in those fields, or watching the village blacksmith at work. And that"s important, because children now know so much so early that romance can"t exist for them, as it did for us." 1. What does Mollie Hunter feel about the nature of a good book? A. It should not aim at a narrow audience. B. It should be attractive to young readers. C. It should be based on original ideas. D. It should not include too much conversation. 2. In Mollie Hunter"s opinion, which of the following is one sign of a poor writer? A. Being poor in life experience. B. Being short of writing skills. C. The weakness of description. D. The absence of a story. 3. What do we learn about Mollie Hunter as a young child?
A. She didn"t expect to become a writer. B. She didn"t enjoy writing stories. C. She didn"t have any particular ambitions. D. She didn"t respect her teacher"s views. 4. In comparison with children of earlier years, Mollie feels that modern children are _____. A. more intelligent B. better informed C. less eager to learn D. less interested in reality 5. What"s the writer"s purpose in this text? A. To describe Mollie Hunter"s most successful books. B. To share her enjoyment of Mollie Hunter"s books. C. To introduce Mollie Hunter"s work to a wider audience. D. To provide information for Mollie Hunter"s existing readers. - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:
阅读理解。
"A good book for children should simply be a good book in its own right," says Mollie Hunter. Born and brought up near Edinburgh, Mollie has devoted her talents to writing primarily for young people. She firmly believes that there is always and should always be a wider audience for any good book whatever its main market is. In Mollie"s opinion it is necessary to make full use of language and she enjoys telling a story, which is what every writer should be doing."If you aren"t telling a story, you"re a very dead writer indeed," she says. With the chief function of a writer being to entertain (让人愉快), Mollie is indeed an entertainer."I have this great love of not only the meaning of language but of the music of language," she says. "This love goes back to early childhood. I"ve told stories all my life. I had a school teacher who used to ask us what we would like to be when we grew up and, because my family always had dogs, and I was very good at handling them, I said I wanted to work with dogs, and the teacher always said "Nonsense, Mollie, dear, you"ll be a writer." So finally I thought that this woman must have something, since she was a good teacher and I decided when I was nine that I would be a writer."
This childhood intention is described in her novel, A Sound of Chariots, which although written in the third person is clearly autobiographical (自传体的) and gives a picture both of Mollie"s ambition (理想) and her struggle towards its achievement. Thoughts of her childhood inevitably(不可避免地) brought thoughts of the time when her home was still a village with buttercup meadows and strawberry fields-sadly now covered with modern houses."I was once taken back to see it and I felt that somebody had lain dirty hands all over my childhood. I"ll never go back," she said."Never.""When I set one of my books in Scotland," she said,"I can recall my romantic (浪漫的) feelings as a child playing in those fields, or watching the village blacksmith at work. And that"s important, because children now know so much so early that romance can"t exist for them, as it did for us." 1. What does Mollie Hunter feel about the nature of a good book? A. It should not aim at a narrow audience. B. It should be attractive to young readers. C. It should be based on original ideas. D. It should not include too much conversation. 2. In Mollie Hunter"s opinion, which of the following is one sign of a poor writer? A. Being poor in life experience. B. Being short of writing skills. C. The weakness of description. D. The absence of a story. 3. What do we learn about Mollie Hunter as a young child?
A. She didn"t expect to become a writer. B. She didn"t enjoy writing stories. C. She didn"t have any particular ambitions. D. She didn"t respect her teacher"s views. 4. In comparison with children of earlier years, Mollie feels that modern children are _____. A. more intelligent B. better informed C. less eager to learn D. less interested in reality 5. What"s the writer"s purpose in this text? A. To describe Mollie Hunter"s most successful books. B. To share her enjoyment of Mollie Hunter"s books. C. To introduce Mollie Hunter"s work to a wider audience. D. To provide information for Mollie Hunter"s existing readers.
阅读理解。
A. She didn"t expect to become a writer. B. She didn"t enjoy writing stories. C. She didn"t have any particular ambitions. D. She didn"t respect her teacher"s views. 4. In comparison with children of earlier years, Mollie feels that modern children are _____. A. more intelligent B. better informed C. less eager to learn D. less interested in reality 5. What"s the writer"s purpose in this text? A. To describe Mollie Hunter"s most successful books. B. To share her enjoyment of Mollie Hunter"s books. C. To introduce Mollie Hunter"s work to a wider audience. D. To provide information for Mollie Hunter"s existing readers.科目:难易度:最佳答案
1-5: ADABC
解析知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心by Eric Charles
Two months ago, I was dating a guy for like a month and he was after me like crazy. At the time, I thought he and I wouldn’t work out, so I rejected him.
We had some turmoil in between and I thought I wouldn’t hear from him again.
Then he initiated contact saying that he’s happy we are still friends and we kind of talked on and off for another week or so.
He invited me to an event he was throwing and after that we started talking almost everyday.
Here’s the tricky part:
Now he doesn’t call me as much and when we text he sometimes leaves me hanging mid-conversation.
I have started to really like him and I feel like I screwed things up by rejecting him at the start.
How can I get him to start chasing me again?
I will answer your question in regards to “getting him to ,” but I think it would be worthwhile to do a self-check as to what you’re really after here.
When he was pursuing you, you felt like you had control and could choose whether or not you wanted him around.
At that time, you chose to reject him. You came back together and over time, things changed.
He gradually started acting differently and as a result, you’re much more interested in him now than you were in the beginning.
In other words, he learned how to act if he wants to get rejected by you and he learned how to act if he wants you to chase him.
If I were in his position, I would continue acting in the way that has you chasing.
I mean, think about it.
He tried it one way, it probably felt terrible to him and ultimately got him rejected.
So based on that experience, he would probably make a conscious, willful effort not to get back into that position with you again.
With that said, here’s a few things to consider:
First, guys don’t chase things that they don’t think they have to chase.
That is, if we know that we have you, there’s no need to chase. To build on that, if we feel that you are acting in a way that is intended to make us chase, we’ll remember it.
Everyone resents being deliberately manipulated.
On the other hand, a woman who has a total wall up will not get guys to chase her.
There needs to be hope and signs that we have a shot with the girl and that being with her would be incredible, even though it won’t be easy.
So what’s my clear and simple advice on having a guy chase you (or having a guy chase you again)?
Don’t make him the center of your attention.
It’s fine to be interested, but when you cross the line between interest and obsession, you run the risk of sending out that .
And people are inherently repelled by neediness, especially unjustified neediness.
Keep busy.
If you are busy with the rest of your life, you have less of a chance obsessing over him.
Keep your mind under control.
It’s not easy, but guys know when you’ll bend over backwards at the drop of a hat.
The more that you obsess over him, the more likely you’ll repel him.
Now I know there are going to be people reading this and saying things like, “Why all the games” or “If he’s a real man he’d blah blah blah” or “If he’s the right guy, you don’t need to worry about neediness, etc. etc.”
To a point, I agree with them.
This whole “game” thing doesn’t apply after two people get by their own crap.
But that’s the trick.
You can’t always expect that the other person is going to be in exactly the place mentally that you want them to be in. You do, however, have tremendous power over how you think and act.
The problem with neediness isn’t actually a problem with how you interact with other people.
It’s a problem with how you interact with yourself – it just manifests itself in a way that repels people and therefore becomes a… (continued – Click to keep reading )
Recent Relationship Forum Activity
8 seconds ago
2 minutes ago
9 minutes ago
16 minutes ago
19 minutes ago
33 minutes ago
45 minutes ago
50 minutes ago
1 hour, 42 minutes ago
Sign up for ourfree newsletterand get a free chapterof our book,&He's NotThat Complicated&
follow a new mode}

我要回帖

更多关于 had like 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信