so perfect还是soinside perfectionn?

5 Tips to Stop Stressing About Being Perfect So You Can Enjoy Life
Announcement: Wish you could change the past? Learn to let go and create a life you love with !
“The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.” ~Anna Quindlen
I finally learned I wasn’t Superman.
It was a hard concept for me to grasp. You see, I was always the good child. The one that did everything without complaint or supervision. I was the one who didn’t need help in school, who knew how to plan, who did the chores without having to be asked twice.
As I grew older this idea that I was ‘the good child/person’ grew. My grades had to be perfect. My work had to be perfect. I had to interact perfectly with everyone I met.
Needless to say, this drive to perfection caused me a lot of stress. Stress to the point that I was literally pulling my hair out. I know you see that on cartoons and things, but it happened to me for real.
I didn’t even know I was doing it until one day I looked in the mirror after my shower and saw a bald spot. I had combed over it for so long without even consciously realizing it was there.
I knew I had to do something after that. I had to change something. I wanted to just give up. After all, if I couldn’t be prefect then what was the point of it all?
I cycled into depression, but even this depression did not lessen my drive to be perfect. I made it . I went to work every day, did my home things, and even interacted on a superficial level with those around me.
After a while of this hollow existence, I started to become angry. Why did no one see I was hurting? Why was there no reaction to this change?
I slowly ground to a screeching, sputtering stop as circumstances in my life piled up: the death of a family member, the illness of another, my car getting totaled, my job on the edge.
Boom, boom, boom. One right after another.
Nothing was perfect now, and I could not see any way to make it perfect. It was hopeless, all of it.
So, at last, I gave up on being perfect.
At first, it seemed strange to me. Leaving things unfinished. Doing things halfway. Not going out of my way to make everything seem okay. I thought the world would fall apart. But it didn’t.
Other people took up the slack. Things that I thought were vital went undone without consequence. Not working at 110 percent did not make the world come crashing down around my head.
Hesitantly, I started to look around. I started doing things that were fun for me instead of things that ‘needed’ to be done. I said no when people asked for help. I left dishes in the sink and trash in the can. I ate out instead of cooking. I ate what I wanted and not what I thought was right. I watched TV when I wanted and slept when I wanted and didn’t worry about
And you know what?
It was okay.
Shockingly, there was little difference in my life between working hard and enjoying it. Little difference to others. However, it was a big difference to my mental health. I discovered I could do more with less. Less work, less stress, less perfection.
without being perfect.
I am not saying that my change did not cause conflict. My family was not pleased with the sudden upsurge in their workload. Those little things I always did were now undone. If they wanted it done they had to do it themselves.
The little things they took for granted suddenly became scarce and my ever helpful and always consistent presence became something that had to be requested rather than relied upon.
It was empowering to say no. To be out of touch. To be enjoying myself without guilt or stress.
I found out that I could now enjoy and even look forward to things that had previously stressed me out. That every experience was not a chance to screw up but a chance to learn something new. That doing new things was good, even if I wasn’t good at them at first.
It’s great to strive toward excellence, but it’s not worth stressing about perfection. If you’d like to take a page from my book and learn to enjoy being imperfect:
1. Accept that perfection is unreachable.
No one can that is what makes us human. However, you have to not only accept that you will not be perfect but also be happy that being imperfect makes you different than everyone else. Being ‘perfect’ would make everyone identical. Our imperfections are what make us unique and special in this world.
2. Say no.
When you are trying to be perfect, it’s hard to tell people no. You want to make them perfectly happy. You want to be the perfect spouse, sibling, or friend. However, taking on more and more things does not make you more perfect or even a better person. It only makes you .
Saying no is not only good for your mental health, but it is good for others as well. Many times people will have to deal with their own issues, which will make them grow into stronger human beings. If you had helped them, they would not have had the chance to grow.
3. Try new things, even if you fail.
Being a perfectionist, it’s
you have never done before in the fear that you will be less than perfect at it. However, that’s the fun of trying something new! You get to learn and grow and become more than what you were before. Staying stagnant is not healthy for anyone. Embrace your mistakes and learn something new.
4. Let some things go.
We prioritize things that are not really important. Will you remember doing the dishes, or having fun with your friends? Will you remember filing, or having a great conversation with your coworker?
When you learn to let the unimportant things go, you have more time for what really matters. You also have more time to do what is fun for you instead of only doing what ‘needs’ to be done.
5. Prioritize what makes you happy.
Life is more than work and chores and making it through one day after another. If you feel like you are working and moving but never enjoying or accomplishing anything, you may need to take a step back and reevaluate what you are doing with your life.
Being stressed all the time is no way to live. Instead, try to enjoy your life.
and people that make you happy.
Stressing out about perfection is a useless endeavor. Perfection is impossible for us, so why do we make ourselves sick over it?
I have learned to abandon perfection and focus on enjoy life every day. This has greatly reduced my stress, increased my happiness, and made me the kind of person I would want to be friends with.
About Ken holds a master’s in business leadership from Upper Iowa University and multiple bachelor degrees from Grand View College.
As president of
, Ken’s focus is helping Houston-based parents find the right childcare provider for their family. When he isn’t working, he enjoys spending time with his three children and his wife. |
See a typo, an inaccuracy, or something offensive? Please
so we can fix it!
Announcement: Tired of feeling stuck? Learn to let go of the past and create a life you love with !
Did you enjoy this post? Please share the wisdom :)
Related posts:
Join the Tiny Buddha list for daily or weekly emails and receive 92 Life Lessons for free.
Free Download: Buddha Desktop Wallpaper
Recent Forum Topics
Fun & Inspiring
GET MORE .
Latest Posts
Who Runs Tiny Buddha?
Though I run this site, it is not mine. It's ours. It's not about me. It's about us. Your stories and your wisdom are just as meaningful as mine. .
Get More Tiny Buddha
Credits & Copyright
Hosting by .
Design by .
Copyright & 2016
Tiny Buddha, LLC
Remember Me
Looking for ?114网址导航太过追求完美 的翻译是:So the pursuit of perfection 中文翻译英文意思,翻译英语
请在下面的文本框内输入文字,然后点击开始翻译按钮进行翻译,如果您看不到结果,请重新翻译!
太过追求完美
选择语言:从
罗马尼亚语
罗马尼亚语
Too much pursuit of perfection
Pursue the perfection very much
So the pursuit of perfection
Too perfectionist
Too crosses the pursue to be perfect
相关内容&acapitalizing parents do on half of children outside school time 正在翻译,请等待...
& a提升自由品牌占比的意义 Promotes the free brand to occupy the ratio the significance & aQUADERNO 笔记本 & amy map 我的地图 & a你们签完字之后 After you sign the character & aThis group has licensed to work 这个小组准许工作 & aADVANCED LIFTING 先进举 & aIt's time for afternoon tea 是时间为下午茶 & ayour message was sent successfully! 成功地传送了您的信息! & a跨学科性质? ??? ??? & a新建的桥是那座桥的三倍宽(用+as…+ as…句型连接) The newly built bridge is that bridge three time of widths (with +as…+ as…Sentence pattern connection)
& a你那么忙,就不用想念我了,以后也不用了,可以找其他人陪你玩 You are so busy, does not need to think of I, later have not used, may ask other people to accompany you to play & a互补性场效应管 Complementarity field effect tube & adistressing 困厄 & a??? 它是繁琐的 & a加油,向梦想前进 Refuels, to dream advance & aDon't cry because it is over' smile because it happened. Don't cry because it is over' smile because it happened. & aMillion Rich Securities Ltd 百万富有的证券有限公司 & a开展闲置设备调剂,开展技术咨询和信息交流;
& a而贵司产品如果检出限是小于3ppm,会不会有风险存在,请确认! しかし限界をあれば選べば3ppmより小さければが高い部門プロダクトは、確認する危険の存在を有することができる! & aIsn't that the whole point? 不整体点是否是? & a不锈钢的内筒,坚硬的烤瓷外壳 正在翻译,请等待... & ashow sb into a place 显示sb入地方
& ahandsweet resistance handsweet抵抗 & a好舍友的标准 Good shed friend standard & a展示公司实力 Demonstrates the company strength & a1. Enter the beginning and ending values in the
& a山东省济南市华龙路2218号东方丽景A座601 Shandong Province Jinan Hualong road 2218 East LiJing Azuo 601 & aDuring the approach to Mandalay British troops closed in on the Japanese who were strongly entrenched around the weir sluices on the River Mu. 在方法期间向曼德勒英国的队伍在测流堰水闸附近是强烈确立的在河Mu的日本人关闭了。 & a备件清单 Spare parts detailed list & aflyingagain flyingagain & aD:be
& a左室充盈异常 正在翻译,请等待...
& aup zone corrective complex 区域矫正复合体 & a退货率 Returns goods rate & a特异度 正在翻译,请等待... & aPromotion Code 正在翻译,请等待... & apapist 罗马天主教徙 & aThe Hotel lodging expense happened when support Chongqing to rectify and
improve 旅馆住所费用偶然,当支持重庆矫正和改善 & aNow it is one of the top 500 enterprises in China with a total asset of RMB 6.1 billion 现在它是名列前茅500企业之一在中国与RMB总财产6.1十亿 & a采取分批出货
& avary around position a between the limits 在位置a附近变化在极限之间 & aIs it easy to keep the cities safe and clean? 保持城市安全和干净是否是容易的? & aX-RITE X-RITE & a在设备不使用的情况下,请按下急停开关。 Does not use in the equipment in the situation, please press down stops the switch anxiously. & aB as compared to C. Therefore, a larger blue shift in the
& a在工作中谨慎小心是大有裨益的 Discrete careful is of great help in the work & aand experimental research.
& a所以接下来有时间我想去中国 正在翻译,请等待... & atoda la 所有 & a更多的入选 More being selected & aSi t'aimes pas les nouvelles du bled on peut tout arr阾er si tu passes ici, bisous
& a今年手机市场不景气,我们要大力开拓美洲市场 The handset market is not booming this year, we must develop the Americas market vigorously & aI will get you apple I phone for you when you come. 当您来,我将得到您苹果I电话为您。 & a他出演了50部电影并获得无数次香港金像奖 He has played 50 movies and wins the innumerable Hong Kong oscar & a太过追求完美 Too crosses the pursue to be perfect &Start by marking “Perfection (Neighbor from Hell, #2)” as Want to Read:
Want to Read
Want to Read
Currently Reading
Enlarge cover
Want to Read
Error rating book. Refresh and try again.
Rate this book
Clear rating
See a Problem?
We’d love your help.
Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of
Perfection by R.L. Mathewson.
It’s the wrong book
It’s the wrong edition
Details (if other):
Perfection
(Goodreads Author)
switch to:}