he spent all his life _____ (照顾)had to help his wifee

辽宁省实验中学分校2016――2017学年度下学;英语学科高二年级;第二部分阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)第一节(共;阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和;Myfirstfull-timejobafter;Instead,hespokeinafaint,;Iwrotedownhisnameandaddr;AboutayearlaterIrecei
辽宁省实验中学分校2016――2017学年度下学期期中测试 英语 学科
第二部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分40分) 第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分) 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。 A My first full-time job after high school was selling vacation packages via the telephone for a well-known company. One day, I was put through to a man who sounded a bit out of breath. I started with my normal pitch (音高), expecting to hear the normal reply ―\ Instead, he spoke in a faint, weak voice and told me how he wished to take a vacation I was offering, but he couldn’t because he was dying of illness. He explained how he was lacking in oxygen then, and it took almost all his energy to answer the call. He asked if I smoked, which I did, and begged me to stop. He told me smoking was what was killing him. He told me to spend every day with my loved ones, and tell them how much I love them. At this point, I couldn’t control myself. We ended the call, but I held on my phone to prevent another call coming in so I could collect myself. I wrote down his name and address, and sent him a card appreciating his advice and praying for him and his family. Shortly after, I received a letter from Frank, along with a picture of him and his wife. We continued to write back and forth over the next few months, and became very fond of each other. He was old enough to be my grandfather, and in many ways, I felt as if he was. About a year later I received a letter from his wife. When I started to read, tears came to my eyes. She told me how Frank’s battle with the disease had finally come to an end, and he passed away shortly before the Christmas. She wanted to thank me for the letters to Frank, and explained how Frank touched many lives over the years. At his funeral, to show just that, they read the 1st letter I had written to Frank to show how he affected a 19-year-old he’d never met. 21. The author was then probably working for ______. A. a travel agency
B. a cigarette company
D. a vacation school C. an e-shopping store
22.The underlined part \A. gather together
C. relax myself
B. comfort myself D. calm down 23. We can learn from the text that the author ________. A. took down Frank’s name and address to visit him in person B. was warmly welcomed by her customers when she called them C. didn’t stop smoking even though Frank asked him to D. kept in touch with Frank through letters until he died 24.At Frank’s funeral the author’s 1st letter to Frank was read in order to ____. A. encourage people to fight against disease and live bravely B. indicate that Frank touched many people’s hearts C. show the good relationship between Frank and the author D. praise Frank and give thanks to the author B Shakespeare,more perhaps than any other writer,made full use of the greatest resources of the English language. Most of us use about five thousand words in our normal employment of E Shakespeare in his works used about twenty-five thousand! There is probably no better way for a foreigner to appreciate the richness and variety of the English language than by studying the various ways in which Shakespeare uses it. Such a study is well worth the effort, even though some aspects of English usage, and the meaning of many words, have changed since Shakespeare's day. However, it is surprising that we should know comparatively (相对地) little about the life of the greatest English author. We know that Shakespeare was born in 1564 in Stratford-on-Avon,and that he died there in 1616. He almost certainly attended the grammar school in the town,but of this we cannot be sure. We know that he was married there in 1582 to Anne Hathaway and that he had three children. We know that he spent much of his life in London writing his masterpieces. But this is almost all that we do know. However, what is important about Shakespeare's life is not its details but its products, the plays and the poems. For many years scholars have been trying to add a few facts about Shakespeare's life to the small number we already possess and for an equally long time critics (批评) have been theorizing (理论化) about the plays. Sometimes,indeed,it seems that the poetry of Shakespeare will disappear under the great mass of comment that has been written upon it. Fortunately, this is not likely to happen. Shakespeare’s people have long delighted not just the English but lovers of literature everywhere, and will continue to do so after the scholars and critics and all their works have been forgotten. 25.What's Paragraph 1 mainly about? A.The great varieties in writing styles. B.The great length of Shakespeare's works. C.The richness of the content in Shakespeare's works. D.The rich English language used by Shakespeare in his works. 26.According to the passage,which of the following remains uncertain about Shakespeare? A.His date of birth.
B.His marriage. C.His life in the grammar school.
D.His date of death. 三亿文库3y.uu456.com包含各类专业文献、各类资格考试、生活休闲娱乐、行业资料、高等教育、专业论文、文学作品欣赏、应用写作文书、中学教育、幼儿教育、小学教育、辽宁省实验中学分校学年高二下学期期中考试英语试题 Word版含答案10等内容。 
 辽宁省实验中学分校学年高二下学期期中考试物理试题 Word版含答案_学科竞赛_高中教育_教育专区。辽宁省2017届毕业班各校最新期末考试试卷学年名校...  辽宁省实验中学分校学年高二下学期期中考试生物试题 Word版含答案_学科竞赛_高中教育_教育专区。辽宁省2017届毕业班各校最新期末考试试卷学年名校...  辽宁省实验中学分校学年高二下学期期中考试化学试题 Word版含答案_学科竞赛_高中教育_教育专区。辽宁省2017届毕业班各校最新期末考试试卷学年名校...  辽宁省实验中学分校学年高二下学期期中考试数学(理)试题 Word版含答案_学科竞赛_高中教育_教育专区。辽宁省2017届毕业班各校最新期末考试试卷学...  辽宁省实验中学分校学年高二下学期期中考试地理试题 Word版含答案_学科竞赛_高中教育_教育专区。辽宁省2017届毕业班各校最新期末考试试卷学年名校...  辽宁省实验中学分校学年高二下学期期中考试政治试题 Word版含答案_学科竞赛_高中教育_教育专区。辽宁省2017届毕业班各校最新期末考试试卷学年名校...  辽宁省实验中学分校学年高二下学期期中考试英语试题 Word版含答案_英语_高中教育_教育专区。辽宁省实验中学分校 2014---2015 学年度下学期期中测试 英语学...  辽宁省实验中学分校学年高二上学期10月月考英语试题 Word版含答案_学科竞赛_高中教育_教育专区。辽宁省实验中学分校学年高二上学期10月月考试题...君,已阅读到文档的结尾了呢~~
阅读短文改写填空
扫扫二维码,随身浏览文档
手机或平板扫扫即可继续访问
阅读短文改写填空
举报该文档为侵权文档。
举报该文档含有违规或不良信息。
反馈该文档无法正常浏览。
举报该文档为重复文档。
推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='http://www.docin.com/DocinViewer--144.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
He gives people the impression _______ all his life broad.A) of having spent B) to have spent C) of being spent D) to spend 为什么选A,不选B?
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
固定搭配 the impression of+n./doing
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
介词后+doing
时间 在国外生活了一生 在前 必须用having spent
扫描下载二维码英语作文大全_努力工作努力生活,但别忘了你只是血肉之躯_沪江英语
网页版学习工具
Father was a hardworking man who
bread as a living to support his wife and three children. He spent all his evenings after work attending classes, hoping to improve himself so that he could one day find a better paying job. Except for Sundays, Father hardly ate a meal together with his family. He worked and studied very hard because he wanted to provide his family with the best money could buy.爸爸是一个在工作中兢兢业业的人,他靠送面包来维持一家五口(老婆和三个孩子)的生计。为了得到一份收入更多的工作,他利用所有晚上的空余时间,去夜课充电。除了星期天以外,爸爸几乎没有时间和一家人在一起吃一顿饭。他之所以这么努力工作,这么努力学习,是为了给一家提供最好的物质享受。
Whenever the family&&that he was not spending enough time with them, he reasoned that he was doing all this for them. But he often&&to spend more time with his family.每次家人抱怨爸爸陪他们的时间太少的时候,他总是解释到,他所做的一切都是为了这个家,而他总是渴望多花点时间来陪他们。
The day came when the examination results were . To his joy, Father passed, and with
too! Soon after, he was offered a good job as a senior supervisor which paid .公布考试成绩的那天,爸爸可高兴啦,他通过啦而且成绩还很不错。不久他就得到了一份高级主管的工作,收入颇丰。
Like a dream come true, Father could now afford to provide his family with life&s little
like nice clothing, fine food and vacation abroad.就像梦想成真一样,爸爸现在能给家人提供有点小奢侈的生活:购置略贵的衣物,买高级食品,还能够海外旅游。
However, the family still did not get to see father for most of the week. He continued to work very hard, hoping to be
to the position of manager. In fact, to make himself a
for the , he
for another course in the open university.然而,爸爸大部分时间还是不见踪影,他一如既往地努力工作,希望能够做到经理的位置,事实上,为了够格,他又开始在一所开放性大学进修另一门课程。
Again, whenever the family complained that he was not spending enough time with them, he reasoned that he was doing all this for them. But he often yearned to spend more time with his family.与之前的场景如出一辙,每次家人抱怨爸爸陪他们的时间太少的时候,他总是解释到,他所做的一切都是为了这个家,而他也渴望多花点时间来陪他们。
Father&s hard work paid off and he was promoted. , he decided to hire a maid to relieve his wife from her
tasks. He also felt that their three-room flat was no longer big enough, it would be nice for his family to be able to enjoy the
and comfort of a . Having experienced the rewards of his hard work many times before, Father resolved to further his studies and work at being promoted again. The family still did not get to see much of him. In fact, sometimes Father had to work on Sundays entertaining clients. Again, whenever the family complained that he was not spending enough time with them, he reasoned that he was doing all this for them. But he often yearned to spend more time with his family.爸爸如愿以偿,升了职加了薪。高兴之余,他雇了一个女佣来减轻妻子做家务的负担。他觉得三房的公寓有点挤,如果一家人能够住上设施齐全,安逸舒适的一个大公寓就好了。鉴于之前由于努力工作和努力学习带来的升职加薪的甜头以后,坚定了爸爸要更加努力学习和工作的决心。爸爸依然神龙见首不见尾,比之前有过之而无不及, 因为周末还要花陪客户娱乐。还是和之前一样,每次家人抱怨爸爸陪他们的时间太少的时候,他总是解释到,他所做的一切都是为了这个家,而他依旧渴望能多花点时间来陪他们。
As expected, Father&s hard work paid off again and he bought a beautiful condominium overlooking the coast of Singapore. On the first Sunday evening at their new home, Father declared to his family that he decided not to take anymore courses or pursue any more promotions. From then on he was going to
more time to his family.所有的回报如期而至,爸爸的努力工作换来漂亮的公寓,在里面新加坡海岸一览无余。在入住新家的第一个星期天的晚上,爸爸宣布以后他再也不会上任何课程,也不会再追求任何晋升。从此以后他会花更多的时间来陪伴他的家人。
But father did not wake up the next day.但是,第二天,爸爸再也没有醒来。
声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。
Qualities Women Look For In A Man女人最希望在男人身上看到的特质
Every woman has a laundry list of attributes they desire in a partner. Here are 10 desirable qualities that women look ...拒绝访问 | www.gkstk.com | 百度云加速
请打开cookies.
此网站 (www.gkstk.com) 的管理员禁止了您的访问。原因是您的访问包含了非浏览器特征(3d5dccf-ua98).
重新安装浏览器,或使用别的浏览器}

我要回帖

更多关于 he spent all evening 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信