i'll conquer iti ll be with youall my mind。英译文。

Access denied | www.toptenz.net used Cloudflare to restrict access
Please enable cookies.
What happened?
The owner of this website (www.toptenz.net) has banned your access based on your browser's signature (3bba-ua98). 上传我的文档
 下载
 收藏
主要从事一些机械自动化和电气化领域的设计和现场制造经验,希望能够和各位网友交流技术 ,分享经验谢谢大家。
 下载此文档
正在努力加载中...
HOW TO CONQUER FEAR :如何克服恐惧
下载积分:2000
内容提示:HOW TO CONQUER FEAR :如何克服恐惧
文档格式:PDF|
浏览次数:5|
上传日期: 06:38:16|
文档星级:
全文阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
 2000 积分
下载此文档
该用户还上传了这些文档
HOW TO CONQUER FEAR :如何克服恐惧
关注微信公众号扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
Unless you can see it for yourselfIt's not It's not just nothing got.I never thought that I can conquer it all No one knows that's what we're waiting forIt's on and on and off and on No one gets awayThere's a sunshineIn my mind
乔乔最萌284
扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
除非你亲眼看见俺,否则事情一切皆有可能,我从未想过我能征服这一切,也没人知道自己苦苦等待的到底是什么,事情总是这么磕磕绊绊的继续下去,一直下去,没有人可以逃离(那个规律),但是在我心里阳光永存!
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
除非你能够亲眼看到否则它不是,它不仅仅是没有得到.....我从来没想过,我可以征服一切没有人知道那就是我们正在等待的事情总是磕磕绊绊没有人能够逃离有一束阳光在我的心里!
除非你能亲自看到否则它绝不是绝不仅仅是没有得到什么……我从没想过我能够完全征服它没有人知道那就是我们正在等待的事情总是磕磕碰碰没有人能逃离我的心里有一束阳光
你不能,你不能得到任何东西,除非你自己能明白它。。。我从来没有想过我能够克服一切,没有人知道那就是我们一直在等待的,它生生不息,直到永远,没有人能够逃离它,好在我心里一直有束阳光。呵呵~~按自己理解翻得,估计行不通。哈哈~~...
扫描下载二维码I fell in love with England because it was quaint -all those little houses, looking terribly old fashioned but nice, like doll’s house. I loved the countryside and the pubs, and I loved London. I’ve 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
I fell in love with England because it was quaint (古色古香的)—all those little houses, looking terribly old fashioned but nice, like doll’s house. I loved the countryside and the pubs, and I loved London. I’ve slightly changed my mind after seventeen years because I think it’s an ugly town now.Things have changed. For everybody, England meant gentleman, fair play, and good manners. The fair play is going, unfortunately, and so are the gentlemanly attitudes and good manners—people shut doors heavily in your face and politeness is disappearing.I regret that there are so few comfortable meeting places. You are forced to live indoors. In Paris I go out much more, to restaurants and nightclubs. To meet friends here usually has to be in a pub, and it can be difficult to go there alone as a woman. The cafes are not terribly nice.As a woman, I feel unsafe here. I spend a bomb on taxis because I will not take public transport after 10 p.m. I used to use it, but now I’m afraid.The idea of family seems to be more or less non-existent in England. My family is well united and that’s typically French. In Middleses I had a neighbor who is 82 now. His family only lived two miles away, but I took him to France for Christmas once because he was always alone.小题1:The writer doesn’t like London because she___________. A. is not used to the life there now B. has lived there for seventeen years C prefers to live in an old-fashioned house D. has to be polite to everyone she meets there小题2: Where do people usually meet their friends in England?A.In a caféB.In a restaurantC.In a nightclubD.In a pub小题3:The underlined word “it” in Para.4 refers to__________.A.a taxiB.the moneyC.a bombD.public transport小题4:The writer took her neighbor the France for Christmas because she__________.A.felt lonely in EnglandB.had never been to FranceC.was from a typical French familyD.didn’t like the British idea of family
小题1:A小题2:D小题3:D小题4:A小题1:由第一段中的“because I think it’s an ugly town now”及其在文章中对London 的反感之情可知小题2:由第三段中的“To meet friends here usually has to be in a pub.”可知小题3:由第四段中的“I spend a bomb on taxi because I will not take public transport after 10.pm. I used to use it, but now I’m afraid.”可知小题4:由最后一段中最后一句可知&&&
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从36~55各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。It’s fourteen years since I left the Philippines to live with my family in the USA.A month ago,while on summer vacation back in my motherland,I learned a lesson from mosquito(蚊子) bites.Right before&& 36&&Kennedy Airport in New York,my grandma&& 37&&me of the behavior of the native mosquitoes around the&& 38&&like me.She said,“There’s an old saying—the&& 39&&you stay away from the motherland,the sweeter your blood&& 40&&to the mosquitoes.”Not&& 41&&&it,I replied,“Grandmaaaa,that’s just an old wives’ tale!”Well,less than a week&& 42&&my arrival in Manila,I was already carpeted with a&& 43&&of mosquito bites.I took many measures to keep myself from being&& 44&&,but they all proved useless.Late one&& 45&&in my cousin’s home,I couldn’t bear the&& 46&&of the bites.Hoping to find some comfort,I&& 47&&my cousin,who was sleeping peacefully in the bed next to mine.Unhappy for being&& 48&&she said,“There is nothing you can do.Go back to sleep.”With a few turns,she slept again.Enviously(妒忌地)&& 49&&her sleep,I hoped a big mosquito would&& 50&&on her face.However,the mosquitoes would just lightly dance around her forehead and fly away quickly,never biting her.Amazed(惊奇的),I ran to others’&& 51&&,only to find they were all sleeping&& 52&&as the same thing occurred again and again.From those bites,I came to&& 53&&my grandma’s silly tale.From then on,I’ve always tried to keep a(n)&& 54&&mind about those strange old wives’ tales&& 55&&they do have some truth to them.小题1:A.leavingB.passingC.visitingD.finding小题2:A.persuadedB.remindedC.warnedD.informed小题3:A.studentsB.foreignersC.passengersD.visitors小题4:A.earlierB.longerC.soonerD.later小题5:A.growsB.goesC.flowsD.remains小题6:A.expectingB.understandingC.recognizingD.believing小题7:A.afterB.beforeC.whenD.as小题8:A.shadeB.pileC.cloudD.blanket小题9:A.touchedB.bittenC.defeatedD.discovered小题10:A.morningB.afternoonC.eveningD.night小题11:A.noiseB.hitC.painD.effect小题12:A.woke upB.shouted atC.looked forD.dropped on小题13:A.blamedB.interruptedC.movedD.frightened小题14:A.havingB.watchingC.makingD.helping小题15:A.landB.flyC.fallD.wait小题16:A.housesB.flatsC.roomsD.homes小题17:A.joyfullyB.anxiouslyC.soundlesslyD.worriedly小题18:A.tellB.knowC.rememberD.accept小题19:A.openB.activeC.clearD.honest小题20:A.andB.soC.becauseD.until
On a hot summer day in late August, I sought shade and a cool drink at a waterfront cafe on a Greek island. Over hundred degrees in &&21&&air. Crowded. Tempers(脾气)of both the tourists and waiters had &&22&&to meet the situation, making it a rather quarrelsome environment(环境).At the table next to mine sat an attractive, &&23 &couple, waiting for &&24&. They held hands, whispered, kissed, and laughed. Suddenly they stood, picked up their &&25&&and stepped together &&26&&the edge of where they were sitting to place the table in the sea water. The man stepped &&27&&for the two chairs. He politely &&28&&his lady in the knee-deep water and then sat down himself. All people around laughed and cheered.& 29&&appeared. He paused for just a second, walked into the water to &&30&&the table and take their &&31&, and then walked back to the &&32&&cheers of the rest of his &&33&. Minutes later he returned carrying a bottle of wine and two glasses. Without pausing, he went& 34&&into the water to &&35&&the wine. The couple toasted(祝酒)each other, the waiter and the crowd. And the crowd &&36&&by cheering and throwing flowers to them. Three other tables &&37&&&to have lunch in the water. The place was now filled with laughter. One doesn’t step into water in one’s best summer clothes. Why not? Customers are not served &&38&. Why not? Sometimes one should consider &&39&&the line of convention(常规)and enjoy &&40&&to the fullest.21. A. fresh &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. cool&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. still &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. thin&22. A. managed &&&&&&&&&& B. expected&&&&&&&&&&& C. attempted &&&&&&& D. risen&23. A. lonely &&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. curious  &&&&&& C. well-dressed &&&& D. bad-tempered   24. A. cheers &&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. service&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. attention &&&&&&&&& D. flowers25. A. metal table &&&&&&& B. empty bottle  C. chairs &&&&&&&&&&&& D. bags26. A. on &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. off &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. around &&&&&&&&&&& D. along27. A. outside &&&&&&&&&&&&& B. forward  &&&&& C. down &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. back  28. A. led &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. seated&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. watched &&&&&&&&&& D. received29. A. The manager &&&& B. A friend &&&&&&&& C. A waiter &&&&&&&&& D. The servant 30. A. set &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. wash &&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. remove &&&&&&&&&&& D. check 31. A. menu &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. bill &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. food &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. order 32. A. loud &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. anxious&&&&&&&&&&&& C. familiar &&&&&&&&&& D. final 33. A. tourists &&&&&&&&&&&& B. customers &&&&&&& C. fellows &&&&&&&&&&& D. assistants 34. A. at last &&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. in time&&&&&&&&&& C. once more &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. as well 35. A. change &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. drink &&&&&&&&&&&& C. sell &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. serve 36. A. replied &&&&&&&&&&& B. insisted &&&&&&&&& C. agreed &&&&&&&&&& D. understood 37. A. prepared &&&&&&&&&& B. joined in &&&&&&&&& C. settled up &&&&&&&& D. continued 38. A. with pleasure&&&&&& B. in the café &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. in the sea &&&&&&&& D. with wine39. A. following &&&&&&&&& B. keeping &&&&&&&&&& C. limiting &&&&&&&&&& D. crossing 40. A. life &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. wine &&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. lunch &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. time 
题型:阅读理解
1970 was “World Conservation Year”. The United Nations wanted everyone to know that the world was in danger. They hoped that the governments would act quickly in order to conserve nature. Here is one example of the problem. At one time there were 1300 different plants, trees and flowers in Holland, but now only 860 remain. The others have been destroyed by modern man and his technology. We are changing the earth, the air and the water, and everything that grows and lives. We can't live without these things. If we continue like this, we shall destroy ourselves.?What will happen in the future? Perhaps it is more important to ask “What must we do now?” The people who will be living in the world of tomorrow are the young of today. A lot of them know that conservation is necessary. Many are hoping to save our world. They plant trees, build bridges across rivers in forests and so on. In a small town in the United States a large group of girls cleaned the banks of eleven kilometres of their river. Young people may hear about conservation through a record called “No, One's Going to Change our World. ” It was made by Scatles, Cliff Richard and other singers. The money from it will help to conserve wild animals.?小题1:There are few plants, trees and flowers in Holland now because _______.A.there has been a lot of conservation in Holland?B.Holland does not need so many plants, trees and flowers?C.many plants, trees and flowers don't grow there any more?D.some plants, trees and flowers are dangerous?小题2:We shall destroy ourselves if we don't _______.A.improve our technology in planting trees?B.hear about the record called “No, One's Going to Change our World”?C.try our best to save the world?D.change the earth?小题3:“No,One's Going to Change our World. ” was _______.A.an important book published in 1970?B.a record calling on people to conserve nature?C.an idea that nobody would accept?D.a rule worked out by the United States?小题4:What is the most important thing for us to do to save our world?A.We should clean the banks of our rivers.?B.We should know what will happen in the future.?C.We should know what we should do and do it now.?D.We should plant more trees and flowers.?
If you visit a big city anywhere in the world,you will probably find a restaurant which serves the food of your native country.Most large &&1&&in the United States offer an international sample of &&2&&.Many people enjoy eating the food &&3&&other nations.This is probably one reason &&4&&there are so many different kinds of restaurants in the United States.A second is that Americans &&5&&from all the parts of the world.They enjoy tasting the foods of their &&6&lands.In the city of Detroit,& 7&&,there are many people from Western Europe,Latin America& 8&&the Far East.There are many restaurants in Detroit& 9&&serve the foods of these areas.There are many& 10&&international restaurants,too.Americans not only like the foods in these restaurants but also enjoy the chance to &&11&understand the foreign people and their &&12&&of life.One of &&13&&most common international restaurants to be &&14&&in the US is an Italian restaurant.The restaurant is a small business &&15&&by a single family.The mother of the &&16&cooks all the dishes and the &&17&&and children serve the customers who come to eat there.Or it may be a& 18&restaurant which can &&19&&many customers during one evening.So a restaurant may be owned &&20&&one family,one person,or by several different people who work together in the business.1.A.cities&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.countryside&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.nations&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.families2.A.waiters&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.restaurants&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.foods&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.cooks3.A.about&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.of&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.on&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.with4.A.as&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.when&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.which&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.why5.A.arrive&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.come&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.go&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.leave6.A.garden&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.country&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.state&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.native7.A.as&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.like&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.for example&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.such as8.A.and&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.with&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.of&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.then9.A.where&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.which&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.when&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.why10.A.other&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.others&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.another&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.other’s11.A.worse&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.better&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.hardly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.more12.A.hope&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.wish&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.place&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.way13.A.the&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.a&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.this&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.that14.A.cooked&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.enjoyed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.found&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.eaten15.A.built&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.run&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.driven&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.lived16.A.family&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.city&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.business&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.restaurant17.A.mother&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.guests&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.visitors&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.father18.A.small&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.large&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.tiny&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.bad19.A.deal&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.work&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.serve&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.prepare20.A.by&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.with&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.of&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.for
Recently, one of my best friends, whom I've shared just about everything with since the first day of kindergarten, spent the week end with me. Since I moved to a new town several years ago, we've both always ___1___ the few times a year when we can see each other. .Over the ___2___, we spent hours and hours, staying up late into the night, talking about the people she was ___3__ around with. She started telling me stories about her new boyfriend, about how he experimented with ___4___ and was into other ___5___ behavior. I was blown away! She told me how she had been ___6___ to her parents about where she was going and even sneaking out to see this guy because they didn't want her ___7___ him. No matter how hard I tried to tell her that she ___8__ better, she didn't believe me. Her self-respect seemed to have disappeared. I tried to ___9___ her that she was ruining her future and heading for big trouble. I felt like I was getting ___10___. I just couldn't believe that she really thought it was ___11__ to hang with a bunch of losers, especially her boyfriend. By the time she left, I was really worried about her and ___12___ by the experience. It had been so frustrating, I had come ___13___ to telling her several times during the weekend that maybe we had just grown too far apart to ___14___ our friendship - but I didn't. I put the power of ___15___ to the ultimate test. We'd been friends for far too long. The chance was that she ___16___ me enough to know that I was trying to save her from hurting herself. I wanted to believe that our friendship could ___17___ anything. A few days later, she called to say that she had thought long and hard about our ___18___, and then she told me that she had ___19___ with her boyfriend. I just listened on the other end of the phone with tears of joy running down my face. It was one of the truly ___20___ moments in my life. Never had I been so proud of a friend. 1. A. worried about&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. looked forward to C. paid attention to&&&& D. think of2. A. weekend&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. months&&& C. years&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. days3. A. working &&&&&&&&&&&&& B. falling in love&&& C. hanging&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. keeping in touch4. A. books&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. girls&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. friends&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. drugs5. A. self-destructive&&&&& B. self-respecting&&C. self-confident&&&&&&&&&& D. self-defensive6. A. explaining&&&&&&&&&&& B. reasoning&&&&&&&&& C. declaring&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. lying7. A. on&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. beside&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. around&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. to8. A. did&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. deserved&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. had&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. got9. A. told&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. convince&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. force&&&&&&&&&& D. warn10. A. somewhere&& B. everywhere&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. nowhere&&&& D. anywhere11. A. acceptable&&& B. believable&&&&&&&&&&&&C. reliable&&&&&&&&&&&& D. admirable12. A. exhausted&&&& B. surprised&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. satisfied&&&&&&&&&&& D. terrified13. A. almost&&&&&&&& B. nearly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. close&&&&&&&&& D. over14. A. stop&&&&&&&&&&&& B. continue&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. start&&&&&&&&&& D. make15. A. love&&&&&&&&&&& B. friendship&& C. truth&&&&&&&&& D. justice16. A. thought&&&&&&& B. remembered&&&&& C. valued&&&&&&&&&&&& D. hated17. A. mean&&&&&&&&&& B. conquer&&&&&&&&&&&& C. tell&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. prove18. A. friendship&&& B. relationship&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. quarrel&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. conversation19. A. broken away&&&&&& B. broken down&&&& C. broken up&& D. broken out20. A. demanding&& B. challenging & C. frustrating&&&&& D. rewarding
After a fortnight of extraordinary type, the much-feared computer virus that was supposed to strike the globe’s hard drives last Friday simply fizzled. So many warnings were sounded that most computer owners either fed anti-virus programs into their systems or refused to turn the power on during the dreaded M-day. They dodged one disease, but more strains are on the way. The eponymous Friday-the-13th virus is due to strike this week, and the Maltese Amoeba may detonate on March 15.Who creates these things? A disproportionate number seems to originate in Bulgaria or Russia, where writing the smallest, most elegant virus programs has become a matter of quirky pride. Viruses are transmitted either by shared disks (as was Michelangelo) or over telephone lines. The virus program hides in a computer until, activated by a date, time, or some other trigger, it springs to life. The most common virus, Stoned, makes your screen announce: “Your computer is now stoned. Legalize marijuana. ” (Regardless of your politics, you don’t
it can damage your files inadvertently.) Solution: either keep your computer isolated—no trading disks, no on-line communication—or else install one of a dozen or so commercially available anti-virus programs that detect and delete the little time bombs. If they can come up with a virus that is hidden, will they next try to extort a business?—as in, pay me $1 million or my virus will destroy your system.In the meantime, money is being made by firms selling anti-virus programs. Egghead software stores logged a 3,000 percent jump in anti-virus sales. Was the threat overblown by the companies that make millions selling anti-virus software? Thanks to the media blitz, no one will ever know what might have happened—an unallied number of computer owners discovered and deleted Michelangelo before it was supposed to strike—on the artist’s birthday.小题1:The much-feared M-day was ________.A.Friday-the-13th when the eponymous virus was due to strikeB.Friday-the-15th when the Maltese Amoeba would be activatedC.the previous Friday when Michelangelo virus was due to strikeD.the previous Friday which coincided with the artist's birthday小题2:Computer viruses are ________.A.diseases spread from one computer to another by shared disksB.viruses hidden in a computer’s instructions by the designersC.little time bombs hidden in a computer waiting to be triggeredD.just those computer programs created by malevolent designers小题3:Which of the following sayings fits the Michelangelo virus?A.A burnt child dreads the fire.B.The bug’s bark was worse than its bite.C.A barking dog seldom bites.D.Once bitten, twice shy.小题4:The author implies that in days to come the viruses might be used ________.A.to destroy dataB.to commit crimesC.to commit mischiefD.to create confusion
Most people think of zoos as safe heavens for animals, where problems such as difficulty finding food and avoiding predators (食肉动物) don’t exist. Therefore, animals in zoos should live to a ripe old age.But that may not be true for the largest land animals on earth. Scientists have known that elephants in zoos often suffer from poor health. They develop diseases and they are even unable to have babies.To learn more about how captivity (圈养) affects elephants, a team of international scientists compared the lifespans (寿命) of the zoo-born elephants with the lifespans of thousands of wild elephants. They also compared some Asian elephants living in zoos with some Asian elephants which work in logging camp (伐木场), over almost the same time period.The team found that elephants born in zoos lived an average of 16.9 years, but elephants that died of natural causes lived an average of 56 years. Asian elephants followed a similar pattern. In zoos, they lived 18.9 years, while those in the logging camp lived 41.7 years.Scientists don’t yet know why wild elephants seem to live so much better than their zoo-raised counterparts (同类). Georgia Mason, a biologist at the University of Guelph in Canada, who led the study, thinks stress and obesity (肥胖) may be to blame. Zoo elephants don’t get the same kind of exercise they would in the wild. Elephants’ social lives are also much different in zoos than in the wild, where they live in large family groups.小题1:Most people believe that________.A.animals in zoos should live a longer lifeB.zoos are not good for animals to live inC.zoos are not suitable for large animalsD.captivity can affect animals in many ways小题2:The purpose of the international scientists is_________.A.to compare the lifespans of different animalsB.to find out how captivity affects elephantsC.to learn the lifespans of male and female elephantsD.to compare the lifespans of elephants in different places小题3:Which elephants live the longest according to the study?A.Elephants born in zoos.B.Elephants that live in the wild.C.Elephants that work in logging camps.D.Female Asian elephants in logging camps.小题4:We can infer from the passage that_________.A.elephants in zoos suffer less stress than those in the wildB.elephants in zoos live an easy lifeC.social lives are not important to elephantsD.zoo life can be stressful to elephants小题5:What are the advantages to elephants in the wild according to the passage?A.They face fewer problems.B.They can find food more easily.C.They live in large social groups.D.They are freer to move.
Young adult filmmakers all hope to show their works in international festivals like Sundance and Toronto. But what about really young filmmakers who aren’t in film school yet and aren’t, strictly speaking, eve adults? They are at the heart of Wingspan Arts Film Festival tomorrow, in a setting any director might envy: Lincoln center. Complete with “red carpet” interviews and various awards, the festival has much in common with events for more experienced moviemakers, except for the age of the participants: about 8 to 18. “What’s really exciting is that it’s film for kids by kids,” said Cori Gardner, managing director of Wingspan Arts, a nonprofit organization offering youth arts programs in the New York area. This year the festival will include films not only from Wingspan but also from other city organizations and one from a middle school in Arlington, Virginia. “We want to make this a national event,” Ms. Gardner added. The nine shorts to b shown range from a Claymation biography of B.B. King to a science fiction adventure set in the year 3005. “Alot of the material is really mature,” Ms. Gardner said, talking about films by the New York branch of Global Action Project, a media arts and leadership-training group. “The choice is about the history of a family and Master Anti-Smoker is about the dangers of secondhand smoke.”& Dream of the Invisibles describes young immigrants’ (移民) feelings of both belonging and not belonging in their adopted country. The festival will end with an open reception at which other films will be shown. These include a music video and a full-length film whose title is Pressure. 56. Wingspan Arts Kids Film Festival _____________. A. is organized by a middle school B. is as famous as the Toronto Festival C. shows films made by children D. offers awards to film school students 57. Which of the following is true of Wingspan Arts? A. It helps young filmmakers to make money. B. It provides arts projects for young people. C. It’s a media arts and leadership-training group. D. It’s a national organization for young people. 58. The underlined word “shorts” in Paragraph 4 refers to _________.A. short trousers& B. short kids&& C. short films& D. short stories 59. Movies to be shown in the festival ______________.A. cover different subjects&&&&&&&&&&& B. focus on kid’s life C. are produced by Global Action Project& D. are directed by Ms. Gardner 60. At the end of this film festival, there will be __________.A. various awards&&&&& B. “red carpet” interviews C. an open reception& D. a concert at Lincoln Center
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号}

我要回帖

更多关于 with as union all 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信