this is thisisletterb a??????????

Is this an appropriate thank you letter to a college professor?
This thank you letter is just to be kind -- this was my first professor in community college and is currently my last professor at this community college:
Dear Professor ____,
I just wanted to say thank you for being a kind professor. You were the first professor at (insert college name) I had right after...
This thank you letter is just to be kind -- this was my first professor in community college and is currently my last professor at this community college:
Dear Professor ____,
I just wanted to say thank you for being a kind professor. You were the first professor at (insert college name) I had right after high school and the last at this college, if I pass! :) I thought I would say thank you for being a kind professor and also because I enjoy finding moments that connect the dots from the beginning to the end of a period. I hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable rest of the summer with your family and friends.
All the best,
Or any other ideas? I was also thinking about getting my professor a Barnes and Noble giftcard. Thanks for your input, in advance!
Thank you all for your comments! Great advice! I'll probably not include the giftcard before he grades the final exam. Didn't think of that before. :)
1 following
Report Abuse
Are you sure you want to delete this answer?
Sorry, something has gone wrong.
Best Answer:&
I think that it is very thoughtful to write a note.
It seems to be going out of style, but they are always appreciated.
I would wait to mail it after final grades are posted to avoid any mistaken thought that you are pandering for a grade.
As a general rule, thank you notes start with a thank you, continue with why you are thankful and close with a final thank you, so something like.....
Dear Professor Jones,
Thank you so much for being such a great educator.
You were my first professor at Ace Community College, and you really made a great impact on my education.
You made the class interesting and fun, and instilled me with the desire to continue learning.
You were also my last professor and I could not think of a better way to end my educational career at Ace Community College!
It began and ended on a high note.
You are a wonderful professor and I have no doubt you will continue to positively impact your students.
Thanks again for all that you do.
It is much appreciated.
Sincerely,
A gift is not necessary.
If you really want to give him a gift, write a similar letter to the Dean or the president of the college outlining what an excellent instructor they have at that institution.
Good Luck!
Source(s):
Thumbs down
Report Abuse
& just now
Thank You Letter To Professor
Source(s):
Thumbs down
Report Abuse
& just now
Thank You Note To Professor
Source(s):
Thumbs down
Report Abuse
& just now
This Site Might Help You.
Is this an appropriate thank you letter to a college professor?
Dear Professor ____,
I just wanted to say thank you for being a kind professor. You were the first professor at (insert college name) I...
Source(s):
letter college professor: https://tr.im/CcP8O
Thumbs down
Report Abuse
& just now
Yeah, it is totally fine and always nice.
Gifts are a bad idea, it unnecessarily burdens a person.
When I was a grad student (just graduated 2 months ago) I used to interact with profs a lot.
This topic came up a couple times, absolutely no prof I met liked getting gifts, it is stepping over the line almost.
By the way, of course you should not give any kind of gift of monetary value to your prof before he gives you a grade, that is improper.
Wait until the semester is over and grades are done.
While it is natural to want to give someone a gift who helped you out, ultimately it is nettlesome in a certain regard.
I get a few every semester from students, I always appreciate them.
Either they send me emails or they put in my campus mailbox a thank you card.
lol, everyone told you not to give him a giftcard, but you still are.
Your choice.
Source(s):
TA for 3 years
Thumbs down
Report Abuse
& just now
No, that's just blowing smoke. He doesn't work to be kind, he works to instill knowledge in his pupils. Tell him about the impact his teachings had on you. Give an example or two. Something like, &I will never look at Differential Equations or Fast Fourier Transforms the same again&.
Thumbs down
Report Abuse
& just now
Avoid the gift, but send the letter or maybe a thank you card with your sentiment written inside.
Thumbs down
Report Abuse
& just now
If Prof Blank incorporated a sense of humor in class, then maybe it would be funny to give him a BORDERS bookstore gift card..(ha).
I think it's awesome you're writing him a note. It's lovely and from the heart. Especially since he was your first Prof, and will always hold a special place in your heart for that reason. (you could say THAT). If there's a particular remark, or example he gave during class that really hit home with you, I'd mention that. Even though it's a Teacher-Student relationship, (and therefore should be somewhat professional).. it doesn't cross any lines by including a personal detail. It isn't like you would ever say &you sure looked foxy in those tan khakis, Prof Blank&..!
But explain how you're more interested in (whatever the class was) more so than you were when you started, because of his enthusiasm for teaching, or because he's so easily understood and clear. Or his interest in teaching is contagious..he has fueled your desire to continue on with your education, beyond community college..or it was his straightforward, and casual approach to teaching that made his class one of your favorites.
Your note sounded wonderful. My only change would be to add another (short) paragraph, mentioning something about his class, his teaching style, his approach to
teaching..or something about the ways he was &kind& that you particularly appreciated.
-Like: &I will never forget the day you told me I was the smartest student..it was so kind of you and really helped my confidence&..!
If you want to enclose a Barnes&Noble gift card, that's very sweet..I think he would be touched. It would be just as considerate if you baked cookies, or brought flowers, or a little plant. In fact..I kind of like the plant idea. He can keep it on his desk and think of you when he sees it in future classes. Cactus last a long time, and they're pretty resilient. Nothing too finicky, like Orchids! They're pretty but they'll drop dead if you even look at them wrong. Yes, I definitely like the plant idea.
It would be nice if you hand wrote the note, but it's not necessary.
Great note!
Great thought!
d say THAT). If there's a particular remark, or example he gave during class that really hit home with you, I'd mention that. Even though it's a Teacher-Student relationship, (and therefore should be somewhat professional).. it doesn't cross any lines by including a personal detail. It isn't like you would ever say &you sure looked foxy in those tan khakis, Prof Blank&..!
But explain how you're more interested in (whatever the class was) more so than you were when you started, because of his enthusiasm for teaching, or because he's so easily understood and clear. Or his interest in teaching is contagious..he has fueled your desire to continue on with your education, beyond community college..or it was his straightforward, and casual approach to teaching that made his class one of your favorites.
Your note sounded wonderful. My only change would be to add another (short) paragraph, mentioning something about his class, his teaching style, his approach to
teaching..or something about the ways he was &kind& that you particularly appreciated.
-Like: &I will never forget the day you told me I was the smartest student..it was so kind of you and really helped my confidence&..!
If you want to enclose a Barnes&Noble gift card, that's very sweet..I think he would be touched. It would be just as considerate if you baked cookies, or brought flowers, or a little plant. In fact..I kind of like the plant idea. He can keep it on his desk and think of you when he sees it in future classes. Cactus last a long time, and they're pretty resilient. Nothing too finicky, like Orchids! They're pretty but they'll drop dead if you even look at them wrong. Yes, I definitely like the plant idea.
It would be nice if you hand wrote the note, but it's not necessary.
Great note!
Great thought!
Thumbs down
Report Abuse
& just now
Report Abuse
I think this question violates the Community Guidelines
Chat or rant, adult content, spam, insulting other members,
I think this question violates the Terms of Service
Harm to minors, violence or threats, harassment or privacy invasion, impersonation or misrepresentation, fraud or phishing,
Additional Details
If you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our
Report Abuse
Report Abuse
I think this answer violates the Community Guidelines
I think this answer violates the Terms of Service
Harm to minors, violence or threats, harassment or privacy invasion, impersonation or misrepresentation, fraud or phishing,
Additional Details
If you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our
Report Abuse
Report Abuse
I think this comment violates the Community Guidelines
I think this comment violates the Terms of Service
Additional Details
Report Abuse
Ask a question
usually answered in minutes!
Existing questions
Tell us some more
Upload in Progress
Upload failed. Please upload a file larger than 100x100 pixels
We are experiencing some problems, please try again.
You can only upload files of type PNG, JPG, or JPEG.
You can only upload files of type 3GP, 3GPP, MP4, MOV, AVI, MPG, MPEG, or RM.
You can only upload photos smaller than 5 MB.
You can only upload videos smaller than 600MB.
You can only upload a photo (png, jpg, jpeg) or a video (3gp, 3gpp, mp4, mov, avi, mpg, mpeg, rm).
You can only upload a photo or a video.
Video should be smaller than &b&600mb/5 minutes&/b&
Photo should be smaller than &b&5mb&/b&
Video should be smaller than &b&600mb/5 minutes&/b&Photo should be smaller than &b&5mb&/b&
Related Questions
More questions
Answer Questions
19 answers
23 answers
16 answers
More questions
19 answers
20 answers
12 answers& “I am a person who ca...”习题详情
108位同学学习过此题,做题成功率76.8%
I am a person who can get angry&& 26&. But after& 27&a passage from my English teacher, things have changed &28&. I am studying at a boarding school, so I have to learn &29&&how to study well, but how to get on well with others. Some of us are& 30&&while others are quiet. So it is& 31&that people have problems and arguments.Smiling at others is the easiest way to stop argument. Another way is to think& 32&your ideas are right before having an argument. If others’ ideas are really not good, keep and open& 33&. Try to forgive(原谅)them. Having a friend is& 34&better than having an enemy after all. Also,&& 35&point out others’ mistakes &36&. If you really want to help them, send a letter &37&. On the other hand, if someone points out your disadvantages, don’t& 38&. Just think this is a person who really wants to help you and make friends& 39&you. Remember: Forgiving makes life& 40&.【小题1】A.easilyB.freelyC.actuallyD.generally【小题2】A.readingB.readC.writingD.written【小题3】A.manyB.a lotC.lots ofD.many more【小题4】A.neitherB.not onlyC.eitherD.both【小题5】A.seriousB.shyC.outgoingD.athletic【小题6】A.unusualB.commonC.strangeD.nice【小题7】A.ifB.whyC.thatD.how【小题8】A.mindB.headC.roomD.hand【小题9】A.veryB.kind ofC.muchD.enough【小题10】A.NotB.NeverC.DoD.Please【小题11】A.in publicB.with othersC.laterD.all the time【小题12】A.instead ofB.insteadC.rather thanD.according to【小题13】A.worryB.fightC.cryD.laugh【小题14】A.withB.onC.toD.among【小题15】A.boringB.excitingC.frustratingD.disappointingA&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2012-浙江省新昌县实验中学初三上学期期中测试英语试卷
分析与解答
习题“I am a person who can get angry 26. But after 27a passage from my English teacher, things have changed 28...”的分析与解答如下所示:
【小题1】考查副词:我是很容易生气的人。选A【小题2】考查动词:在读完老师的文章之后。选A【小题3】考查副词:a lot修饰changed,改变了很多。选B【小题4】考查词组:not only…but also…,不但而且…,选B【小题5】考查形容词:从后面的while others are quiet.可知外向的。选C【小题6】考查形容词:人们有争议是很正常的。选B【小题7】考查连接词;一种办法是想想你的论点是否正确。选A【小题8】考查名词:好的,开放的思维。选A【小题9】考查副词:much修饰better,好多了。选C【小题10】考查副词:不要当众指出别人的错误。选B【小题11】考查词组:in public,在公众场合。选A【小题12】考查代词:如果你真的想帮助他,给他写封信。选B【小题13】考查动词:如果有人指出你的缺点,不要担心。选A【小题14】考查词组:make friends with you和你交朋友。选A【小题15】考查形容词:原谅使生活精彩。选B
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
I am a person who can get angry 26. But after 27a passage from my English teacher, things have chang...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
“I am a person who ca...”的最新评论
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“I am a person who can get angry 26. But after 27a passage from my English teacher, things have changed 28. I am studying at a boarding school, so I have to learn 29how to study well, but how to get on well with others. Some of us are 30while others are quiet. So it is 31that people have problems and arguments.Smiling at others is the easiest way to stop argument. Another way is to think 32your ideas are right before having an argument. If others’ ideas are really not good, keep and open 33. Try to forgive(原谅)them. Having a friend is 34better than having an enemy after all. Also, 35point out others’ mistakes 36. If you really want to help them, send a letter 37. On the other hand, if someone points out your disadvantages, don’t 38. Just think this is a person who really wants to help you and make friends 39you. Remember: Forgiving makes life 40.【小题1】A.easilyB.freelyC.actuallyD.generally【小题2】A.readingB.readC.writingD.written【小题3】A.manyB.a lotC.lots ofD.many more【小题4】A.neitherB.not onlyC.eitherD.both【小题5】A.seriousB.shyC.outgoingD.athletic【小题6】A.unusualB.commonC.strangeD.nice【小题7】A.ifB.whyC.thatD.how【小题8】A.mindB.headC.roomD.hand【小题9】A.veryB.kind ofC.muchD.enough【小题10】A.NotB.NeverC.DoD.Please【小题11】A.in publicB.with othersC.laterD.all the time【小题12】A.instead ofB.insteadC.rather thanD.according to【小题13】A.worryB.fightC.cryD.laugh【小题14】A.withB.onC.toD.among【小题15】A.boringB.excitingC.frustratingD.disappointing”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“I am a person who can get angry 26. But after 27a passage from my English teacher, things have changed 28. I am studying at a boarding school, so I have to learn 29how to study well, but how to get on well with others. Some of us are 30while others are quiet. So it is 31that people have problems and arguments.Smiling at others is the easiest way to stop argument. Another way is to think 32your ideas are right before having an argument. If others’ ideas are really not good, keep and open 33. Try to forgive(原谅)them. Having a friend is 34better than having an enemy after all. Also, 35point out others’ mistakes 36. If you really want to help them, send a letter 37. On the other hand, if someone points out your disadvantages, don’t 38. Just think this is a person who really wants to help you and make friends 39you. Remember: Forgiving makes life 40.【小题1】A.easilyB.freelyC.actuallyD.generally【小题2】A.readingB.readC.writingD.written【小题3】A.manyB.a lotC.lots ofD.many more【小题4】A.neitherB.not onlyC.eitherD.both【小题5】A.seriousB.shyC.outgoingD.athletic【小题6】A.unusualB.commonC.strangeD.nice【小题7】A.ifB.whyC.thatD.how【小题8】A.mindB.headC.roomD.hand【小题9】A.veryB.kind ofC.muchD.enough【小题10】A.NotB.NeverC.DoD.Please【小题11】A.in publicB.with othersC.laterD.all the time【小题12】A.instead ofB.insteadC.rather thanD.according to【小题13】A.worryB.fightC.cryD.laugh【小题14】A.withB.onC.toD.among【小题15】A.boringB.excitingC.frustratingD.disappointing”相似的习题。}

我要回帖

更多关于 thisisaletter 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信