alwaysat the crosss atat the crossswalks中为什么用at不用on

中考英语模拟试卷及答案(四) 中考英语模拟试卷及答案( 听力部分 20 分 第一节.听对话,根据录音顺序将代表图片的字母填在相应图片下的括号中(共 5 小题,计 5 分)第二节.听下面的对话或独自,每段对话或独自后有几小题,请根据你所听到的 内容,从所 给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出一个适当的答语。(10 分) 听下面的材料,回答 6―7 题。 ( )6.Who didn’t come to school on time? B.Simon and Kitty.A.Daniel and Kitty. C.Daniel and Simon.()7.Why didn’t they come to school on time? A.Because they got up late B.Because of the heavy rain they didn’t catch the early bus. C.The traffic was bad because of the heavy for. 听下面的材料,回答 8~10 题。 ( )8.What are they talking about now? B.English. C.Maths.A.Chinese. ()9.Is Dick good at listening? B.Yes,he is.A.Sorry,I don’t know. C.N0,he isn’t 10. Which one does Dick like best? A. Reading. B.Writing. C. Listening.听下面的材料,回答 11~15 题。 11. Who is Jenny going to see? A. Jim' s uncle. s sister. 12. When will she leave for Hangzhou ? A. On Sunday. Tomorrow. 13. How long will the journey take? A.10hours. B.6hours. C.4 hours. B. On Friday. C. B. Her father' s brother. C. Her father'14. Why doesn't her uncle come to meet her at the station? A. He is ill. B.Hecan'tdrive. C. He has no15. What will the weather be like in Hangzhou? A. Cloudy and rainy. quite cold. B. Dry and cold. C. Wet and第三节.反应,根据你听到的内容和实际情况,写出尽可能简要的答语。 16. 17. 18. 19单项选择 从 A,B,C,D 选项中,选出可以填入空白的最佳答案 10 分 ( )21. --When do you go shopping '9--I usually go shopping ________Sunday morning. A. on ( )22. --Is that Mary? B. in C. at--Right. She's nice and I like________ very much. A. herself (B. herC. hers)23. --There is some soup on the table, isn't________---No, I think that's water. A. there ( B. it C. that)24. --This box is________ heavy for me to carry. Can you help me?--Certainly. A. so ( B. very C. toe)25. --Is your father a doctor .9--Yes, he is . He________ in Town Hospital. A. has worked ( B. had worked C. works)26. I When ________ you ________ the bike?--Last month. A. have/bought ( B. had/bought C. did/buy)27. --I want to teach in this area.--Well, teachers ________ very much here. A. need needed ( )28. --Where can I find Jack? B. are needing C. are--He ________ the post office. A. has been to to ( )29. --How long will you stay here? B has gone to C. had gone--1 think I will be here for ________ more days. A. few B. a few C. a little()30. --How about going out for a walk? B. I like C. I'dA. I would be like to III 完形填空(10 分) What if you are getting ready for tomorrow's exam when your friend gives a ticket for an exciting film? If you can give up seeing the film and work at your lessons, we ( 自控力 31 you have strong self-control 32 you have with your birth. 33 . Sometimes). Self - control is notIt needs to be cultivated( 建立,发展) in youryou are attracted by one of the stories that is not worth 34 . You shouldn't waste your time reading 36 later. 37 because of a nice TV program, or you will 35 book, or youwill feelYou'd better not go to school late. 38 morning, 39should you stay in bed too late on a cold winter it is a waste of time. Every one of us has some habits, 40 keep us from making progress in life. Thena few of whichwe must use our self- control to become free of them. It' s important for everyone to cultivate strong self- control in life. ( ( ( )31.A, say )32. A. anything )33. A. spirit B. tell B. something B. mind C. talk C. everythingC. life ( ( ( out ( ( ( ( )37. A. stay up )38. A. Neither )39. A. for )40. A. might B. go to bed B. Either B. but B. should C. wake up C. Both C. so C. need )34. A. writing )35.A. so a kind of )36. A. worried B. reading B. such a kind of B. sorry C. to read C. such kind C. stressed 阅读理解 40 分 A)根据下面一篇短文的内容判断下列句子的正误,正确的用“A”表示,错误的 用“B”表示。 (5 分) Qian Zhongshu was one of the most well - know Chinese writers to the western world. Born on November 21, 1910 in Wuxi, Jiangsu Province, he grew up with his uncle, who didn't have a son. Qian liked reading books and had a surprising memory. He only needed to read something once before learning it by heart. When he was a small boy, his uncle often took him to tea house. He liked reading story books in the tea house. When they returned home, he could repeat the stories to his cousins. Qian went to Tsinghua University in 1929. although he failed his math test, he entered the university because hw was so good at Chinese and English. In Tsinghua he met Yang Jiang and they got married in 1935. two years later, their daughter Qian Yuan was born. Qian died of illness on December 19, 1998. He left many works to the world. His most famous novel, Fortress Besieged(《围城》),came out in l 947.It has been translated into more than six foreign languages. 41. Qian Zhongshu stayed with his uncle at his early age because his uncle just had one son. 42. Qian Zhongshu had a good memory. He could remember something once before learning it. 43. Qian Zhongshu was good at all his subjects so he entered Tsinghua University. 44. Qian Zhongshu died of an illness at the age of 88. 45.The novel Fortress Besieged came out when Qian Zhongshu's daughter was ten years old. B)阅读下面 3 篇短文,根据文章的内容选择最佳答案作答 46―60 小题。(30 分) A Eating in space is different from eating on the earth. The food that astronauts carry with them does not look like the food you eat. Some food is carried in closed bags. It is cooked and frozen before the astronauts get it. All the water is removed from the food. In the spaceship, the astronaut puts the water back. He &shoots& hot or cold water into the food bag with a special gun. He eats the food through a small hole in the bag. Other foods come in bite(一口)sizes.The astronaut puts a whole piece in his mouth at once.There can be no crumbs(碎屑).Crumbs would float around the spaceship and get in the way.Meat and cakes often come in bite ―size pieces.Astronauts cannot drink water from open cups.The water would float in drops in the spaceship. The water is put in the special gun. The astronaut shoots the water into his mouth. ( )46. Some food carried in the closed bags by astronauts is B. full of water C. rawA. cooked and frozen ()47. From the passage we can know thatA. you get much hungrier in space than you do on the earth. B. astronauts must learn many new and different things C. you can't eat anything in a spaceship. ( )48. Astronauts can't drink front open cups becauseA. the water would float in drops around the spaceship. B. the water would spill all over their foods. C. crumbs would float in the cups ( )49. The main idea of the passage is thatA. astronauts cannot eat or drink in a spaceship until they come back to the earth. B. eating and drinking in the spaceship is a special problem C. there is more food and water in space than on the earth ( )50. Which statement does the passage lead you to believe?A. Focal for astronauts must be made in a special way. B. All meat on the earth comes in bite - sized pieces. C. Astronauts will only eat meat and cakes made from crumbs. B Mascots(吉祥物)for the Olympic Games Mascots(吉祥物)for 吉祥物()51. From the information above, we know the Olympic Games is heldevery years. A.3 ( B.4 C.5)52. The mascots for Beijing Olympic Games are 2 more than those forOlympic Games. A. Sydney ( B. Los Angeles C. Atlanta)53. The mascot for the Olympic Games was the first Olympic mascot inOlympic history. A. 1996 Munich ( B. 1984 Beijing C. 1972 Munich)54. The 23rd and 26th Olympic Games were held in the same . B, city C. countryA. town () 55. Which of the following information is NOT tree?A. The 1996 Olympic Games was held in America. B. The 27th Olympic Games .was held in: Europe. C Beijing is getting ready for the 29th Olympic Games.C Date of birth: July 26, 1985 Place of birth: Changsha, Hunan Height: 164 cm Type of blood: AB Weight: 50 kg Favorite city: Paris Hobby: musicZhou Bichang was the number―up in the Super Girls find,which was hosted by Hunan TV station. She did quite well in her studies and got a high 8C01&e of 681 in her NCEE in 一 2003. Zhou Bichang graduated from Futian High School in Shenzhen and is now a student。at the:Xinghai Conservatory―of (音乐学院)in Guangzhou. Although her parents gave her a name with the meanin9“write fluently” in the hope that she would become a writer,Zhou seems to be a born singer.She could sing theme songs of TV shows very well when she was only two years old.She owns more than 4,500CDS. Zhou has attracted fans across the county during the contest。Fans gave her a nickname &BB& and themselves a title “Chalks&.However,BB doesn’t seem to enjoy the sudden success。Now she is back to schoo1 but feels a bit uneasy when fans see her.“What I really love is singing, &said BB& in an interview,but not the life of a star. &But that’s exactly why “Chalks” love “BB” best ( pure,kind and devoted to music.)56. Zhou Bichang is a ________ girl. B.23 - year- old C.21 - years-A.21 - year - old old ()57. What does Zhou do? B. A music teacher C. AA, A professional singer student ()58. Zhou Bichang likes ________better than any other city in theworld. A. Shenzhen ( B. Changsha C. Paris)59.Zhou Bichang won________ prize in the Super Girls final. B. the first C. the thirdA. the second()60.ZhouBichang is called________ by her fans. B. BB C. WriteA. Chalks fluentlyc)阅读下面短文,根据短文内容,完成表格中所缺的信息。(5 分) Learning(终身学习 终身学习) Lifelong Learning(终身学习) In the past,when students graduated from college and got jobs,only some of them went on with their study.But today,lifelong learning is becoming more and more common(常见的). Lucy,who is forty,teaches physics at a college in Boston.“Next term,I’1 1 teach some of my classes by using the Internet.This is the way of teaching that l’ve never used before。”says Lucy.“These days, I am taking a class to learn how to teach in this way.If not,1 will lose my job.”At the same time. Lucy’s seventy―year―old parents,who live in New York,are taking an art history class online.“We love this subject,”says her father, “and we learn it to enjoy ourselves.You see we can study with people all over the world.What fun it is to learn like this!” 补全对话 A. Hello, Wang Lin. How beautiful your new bike is? B. 66. ________________ A. Where is it made? B. It is made in Shanghai. A. I also want to buy one. 67.________________ B. In Minsheng Department Store. And there are many different colors. 68. A. I like green best. 69. ________________ B. About 150 yuan. A. Mm… &The price is OK. Well, would you like to go to the shop with me next Sunday.'? B. 70. ________________ 翻译 阅读下面短文,讲划线部分的句子翻译成汉语 71. most people make their living with their hands. But Tom makes his living with his feet. It is a very good living, too. Tom was born in London. His family was very poor. There were seven people in their family at that time. And they lived in a very small house.72. So Tom had no place to play but in the street. Tom's father often played football. Tom wanted to play foot ball, too. 73. So his father made a soft ball for him to kick. The ball was like a sock with pieces of old clothes. The boy enjoyed kicking it, and kicked it every day.74. A few years later, he learned to kick a real football, and played football better and better. 75.Now Tom is one of the best football player in the world. 71. 72. 73. 74. 75.写作 10 分 最近,我国政府面向青少年提出了“阳光体育活动”。其口号是“每天锻炼 一小时,健康工作 50 年,幸福生活一辈子”。为了配合该活动,你班将举行一 次主题班会。请你以“Sports and Health”为题写一篇发言稿,介绍你自己的 体育锻炼情况、感受等。文中不能出现真实的姓名、地名、校名。词数 80 左右。 发言稿的开头与结尾已给出,不计入总词数。(计 10 分) 以下要点供参考: (1)自己的锻炼情况;(2)最喜欢的体育活动及原因; (3)锻炼的效果及感受;(4)倡议大家积极参与体育锻炼。 Dear friends I am very.glad to be here to say something about sports and health.___________ ____________________________________________ ____________________________________________ ____________________________________________ ____________________________________________ ____________________________________________ ____________________________________________ That’s all.Thank you!参考答案: 中考模拟试卷(四) 听力部分 第一节.听对话,根据录音顺序将代表图片的字母填在相应图片下的括号中 l.――what will Tom and Kate do next Sunday? ――They will go fishing by the river. 2.――The tigers are not in the cage now.How call we watch them?――Don’t worry.Let’s take this bus when watching them walking around outside. 3.――Who is singing in the next door? ――Mike.He is singing while he is playing the piano. 4.――Hi.David.You look good today! ――Thanks.This sweater is my birthday present. 5.――You draw the parts of our body.What do you want to show us? ――I think each person has got two of them.I want to tell people to look after them well.We see everything with them. 第二节.听下面的对话或独白,每段对话或独自后有几小题,请根据你所听到的 内容, 从所给的 A、 c 三个选项中选出一个适当的答语。 B、 听每段对话或独白前, 你都有时间阅读各个 小题,每小题 5 秒钟;听完后,各个小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。听下面的材料,回答 6―7 题。 W:Why was Miss Green so worried this morning? M:Because some students didn’t come to school on time. W:Was Daniel one of them? M:N0,but Simon and Kitty were. W:Why were they late for school? M:It Was foggy this morning and the traffic was very bad. W:Oh.bad luck. 听下面的材料,回答 8~l0 题。 W:How are you getting on with you’re your English.Dick? M: quite well. grammar is improvin9. I still have some difficulty Not My but in listenin9. W:I suggest you should do more practice.You’d better listen to more English tapes.And you Call also watch English news on TV.What about you writing? M:I think it is better than before.To improve my writin9.I keep writing diary every day. W:What do you think of reading? M:It’s not very difficult.I like reading practice. w:Remember:If you want to learn English well.you must keep practicing. M:Yes,I know.1 will try.Thank you,Mr Black. 听下面的材料,回答 11~15 题。 M:Hello! W:Hell0,Sam! It’s me,Jenny.My uncle hasn’t been well these days.I’ m going to see him the day after tomorrow. M:Oh。really? Where does he live? W:He lives in Hang Zhou.And l’m going by train because l don’t like the bus. M:How long will it take? W:Well.the train leaves at six in the morning and arrives there, at about ten. M:Who will meet you at the station? W:My aunt is going to meet me.She eaR drive. M:What will the weather be like there? W:Well,it will be quite cold and wet.So l’m going to take some warm clothes. M:And take your raincoat with you. W:Oh,yes,thank you.Oh,by the way,what day is it today? M:Friday.I hope you’ll have a good journey. W:Thanks a lot,Jim.See you soon,bye. M:Goodbye. 第三节.反应,根据你听到的内容和实际情况,写出尽可能简要的答语。 16.How many hours do you sleep? 17.What’s your favorite subject? 18.What color is it? 19.Could you clean the bedroom? 20.What do you want to be? 1 一 5 ADCEB 6―10 BCBCA ll―15 BACAC l6―20 略 21 一 25 ABACC 26―30 CCBBC 31 一 35 AACBB 36―40BAAAA 41―45 BABAA 46―50 ABABA 51―55 BACCB 56―60 ACCAB 61.seventy 62.physics 63.Boston 64.on line 65.enjoy themselves 66.Thank you/Thanks/Thanks a lot 67.Where did you buy it/Where San I buy one 68.What color do you like best/What’s your favorite color 69.How much is it/How much does it cost 70.I’d love to/sorry.I Can’t 71.大多数人用他们的手谋生。 72.因此,汤姆除了在街上没有地方可以玩耍。 73.因此他的父亲给他做了一个足球来踢。 74.几年后,他学会了踢真的足球,而且足球踢得越来越好。 75.现在汤姆是世界上最好的足球运动员之一。 书面表达(略)二、单项选择题。(30 分) ( ( ( too . ) 1. You’d better do it _________ your mother did . A. when B. as C. like D. because ) 2. I won’t go to see the film tonight , because I __________ my ticket . A. lost B. have lost C. will lost D. didn’t have ) 3. All parents love their children , and my parents love __________ ,A. ours B. theirs C. them D. his ( ) 4. ― These farmers have been to the United States . __________ there ?― Really ? When A. will they go B. did they go C. do they go D. have they gone ) 5. ― When shall we meet again next time ? ― _________ day is OK . A. Either B. Neither C. None D. Any ( ) 6. ― I won’t go to the party tomorrow . ― _____ you told me you would . What’s happening ? A. But B. So C. And D. Or ( ) 7. I’m sorry I haven’t got any money . I’ve __________ my handbag at home . A. missed B. left C. put D. forgotten ( ) 8. This question is _________ more difficult than one . A. rather B. quite C. very D. a little ( ) 9. He could neither _________ French nor German . So I ________ with him in English . A. speak, talked B. talk, told C. say, spoke D. tell, talked ( ) 10. Mr Smith always has to tell us _____________ . A. some good pieces of news B. some pieces of good news C. some good piece of news D. some piece of good news ( ) 11. We saw him _________ the building and go upstairs . A. to enter B. enter C. entering D. entered ( ) 12. You must remember _________ . A. what your teacher said B. what did your teacher say C. your teacher said what D. what has your teacher said ( ) 13. She will have a holiday as soon as she _________ the work next week . A. finishes B. doesn’t finish C. will finish D. won’t finish ( ) 14. This _________ song I’ve told you about . Isn’t it __________ beautiful one ? A. the, the B. a , a C. the , a D. a , the ( ) 15. ― I called you yesterday evening , but there was no answer . ― Oh, I am sorry I _______ dinner at my friend’s home . A. have B. had C. was having D. have had ( ) 16. ― You look so happy ! ― Jack says I am pretty . _________ has ever told me that before . A. Somebody B. Anybody C. Everybody D. Nobody ( ) 17. ― Shopping with me ? ―Sorry, I have a lot of clothes ___________ . A. to wash B. washed C. wash D. to be washed ( ) 18. I like this silk dress , and it __________ so soft and comfortable . A. is feeling B. feels C. has felt D. is felt ( ( ) 19. Would you please drive faster ? My flight is ___________ . A. taking off B. getting off C. turning off D. putting off ) 20. Every morning the patients are asked if ___________ their ( temperature taken . A. they had had B. have they had C. they have had D. had they had ( ) 21. Half of the class _______ most of the work . Some of the work _________ really difficult . A. have done, is B. has done, are C. has done, is D. have done, are ( ) 22. They boy ___________ in the teacher’s office was found ____________ yesterday . A. standing, smoke B. standing, smoking C. stood, smoke D. stood, smoking ( ) 23. People can _________ running everywhere . Do you know what _________ ? A. see, has happened B. see, happens C. be seen, is happened D. be seen, is happening ( ) 24. ― When shall we meet again ? ― Make it _____ day you like . It’s all the same to me . A. one B. some C. any D. another ( ) 25. There are many trees on ______sides of the street, and _______ of the trees is still increasing year by year . A. both, the number B. either, the number C. both, a number D. either, a number ( ) 26. It’s raining heavily . But _______ of the farmers are picking up the apples _______ the trees. A. every, in B. none , in C. none, on D. some, in ( ) 27. He has __________ for an hour . A. got up B. up C. been got up D. been up ( ) 28. I don’t know if he __________ if it ___________ tomorrow . A. comes, will rain B. will come, rains C. will come, will rain D. comes, rains ( ) 29. Oh, dear! The key ________ the door _________ in the room . A. with, forget B. to , is left C. by , forgot D. with, is left ( ) 30. I think the older people must be _________ politely . A. talked about B. said with C. told about D. spoken to 三、完形填空 (20 分) A It’s very interesting to study names of different countries. Chinese names are different __1__ foreign names. Once an English lady came to __2__ me. When I was introduced to her, she said, “Glad to meet you, Miss Ping.” Then she gave me her name card with three words on it: “Betty J. Black.” So I said “ Thank you, Miss Betty.” We looked at each other and laughed heartily(会意地). Later I found that the English people __3__ their family names last and the given name __4__, while their middle names are ___5__ used very much. I explained to her that the Chinese family name __6__ first, the given name last, so he __7__ never call me Miss Ping. She asked if we Chinese had a middle name. I told her we didn’t. __8__ people may often find three words on a Chinese name card. In this case the family name still comes first, the other words after it __9__ a two-word given name. It is quite usual in China. My sister is Li Xiaofang. She has two words in her given name instead of just one __10__ mine. ( ) 1. A. with B. from C. for D. in ( ) 2. A. find B. look at C. visit D. meet ( ) 3. A. put B. placed C. took D. brought ( ) 4. A. at the first B. at first C. in the front D. first ( ) 5. A. never B. not C./ D. often ( ( ( ( ( B ) ) ) ) ) 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. A. came A. would A. But A. is A. as B. comes B. could B. Or B. was B. with C. put C. should C. While C. are C. to D. puts D. must D. And D. were D. likeDictionaries are 11 useful books. People use dictionaries to 12 out the meanings of words. 13 you are learning English, you would use 14 English dictionary. Some students have 15 . Their dictionaries contain(包含)Chinese and English words. They are useful, but it is usually 16 to use a dictionary written completely 17 English. This will 18 you to begin to think in English. A good English dictionary will show you the correct 19 of a word and its pronunciation(发音). Many dictionaries also show 20 a word is used in sentences. ( ) 11. A. much ( ) 12. A. take ( ) 13. A. After ( ) 14. A. the ( ) 15. A. book ( ) 16. A. good ( ) 17. A. with ( ) 18. A. make ( ) 19. A. spelt ( ) 20. A. what 四、阅读理解。(30 分) A Have you ever noticed an advertisement which says “ Learn a foreign language in six weeks, or your money back! From the first day your pronunciation will be excellent. Just send …” and so on? Of course, it never happens quite like that. The only language that is easy to learn is the mother tongue. And think how much practice that gets! Before the Second World War people usually learned a foreign language in order to read the literature(文学) B. too C. very D. such B. find C. hand D. send B. If C. Before D. Because of B. a C. an D. / B. newspaper C. dictionaries D. magazine B. well C. nice D. better B. about C. in D. for B. let C. help D. show B. spell C. be spelt D. spelling B. why C. how D. when of the country. Now speaking the foreign language is what most people want. Every year many millions of people start learning one. How do they do it? Some people try at home,
some use radio or t others go to evening classes. If they use the language only two or three times a week, learning it will take a long time, like language learning at school. A few people try to learn a language fast by studying for six or more hours a day. It is clearly easier to learn the language in the country where it is spoken. However, most people cannot afford this, and for many it is not necessary. They need the language in order to do their work better. For example, scientists and doctors mainly need to be able to read books and reports in the foreign language. Whether the language is learned quickly or slowly, it is hard work. Machines and good books will help, but they cannot do the students work for him. ( ) 1. In the advertisement it is possible for a person to learn a foreign language _______. A. more than two month B. half a year C. six months D. less than two month ( ) 2. Before the Second World War people learned a foreign language in order to ______. A. speak to each other B. listen to the radio C. read something they didn’t know D. write the literature of the other country ( ) 3. The easiest way for us to learn a foreign language is _______ A. using the language six or more hours a day B. learning the language at school C. studying the language in the foreign country D. reading the foreign stories as many as possible ( ) 4. Most people now learn a foreign language to __________ A. read books and reports in a foreign language B. talk to foreign friends C. go to the other country to learn a language well D. try their best to work better ( ) 5. The passage tells us that _______ A. the more you spend, the quicker you’ll learn the language B. it is possible for you to learn a foreign language in six weeks. C. it is not good for you to learn a foreign language by yourself. D. the quicker you learn a foreign language, the more you must pay for it. B People like to say: “The hand that rocks (摇动) the cradle (摇篮) rules the world.” Or they say: “Behind every successful man, there is a woman.”. Now some women still like making their husbands and sons successful. But some women want more for themselves. They went to be successful as men. Today the best jobs are still given to men. Even when women do the same work, they are often paid less than men. Some women want these things changed. They want to stand beside the men, with the same chances for success. Now many American women are earning money outside their homes. More than half of the women at the age of eighteen to sixty-five have good jobs. In general, working women have more education than those who stay at home. Among women with jobs, eight out of ten drive a car to work, and most of them often spend their holidays away from home. They like traveling by air. Women’s work had made several changes in women’s lives- and in men’s lives, too. But things are quite different from those in the Middle East countries. In the Middle East countries, women have to stay at home. Their duty is to look after their families and do all the housework. They can’t find work outside. When they go out in public, they cover their faces with something and walk behind their husbands. For the past few years the women’s life has been changing in those countries. Many women want to play an active role in the society (社会). Though working gives them few chances of getting married, many men still want to marry them in the old ways. ( ) 6 . More and more women want to get jobs because______________. A. they don’t want to stand behind their husbands in the street B. they think they are more important than men C. they think they are as important as men D. housework troubles them too much ( ) 7. Some women are still badly paid___________. A. because women want more money B. because of the old ways of thinking C. because women can’t do as well as men do D. but we don’t know why ( ) 8. If women have got higher education __________ . A. they can get better jobs easier B. they don’t have to do any housework C. they can travel by plane D. they can be paid better than men ( ) 9. Working gives women ____________ . A. the chance to receive more education than men B. chances to play an important role in the society C. more pay than men D. fewer chances of doing the housework ( ) 10. From this passage we know ___________ . A. women have the same rights as men today B. women don’t want to work outside their homes C. more and more women want to play an active role in their countries D. in the Middle East countries all the women stay at home C Do you know how to write an English letter? When we write a letter in Chinese, we always put the date at the end of the letter. But it is different in English. We have to put it on the top of the right corner. And above the date, we also write the number of our house and the names of our street, city and country. To begin the letter, we always use words like “Dear sir”,“Dear Mr. / Miss / Mrs.…” At the end of the letter, we usually use words like “Yours” “Yours ever”or“Truly yours”.It is also different to write an English envelope (信封).If to an American friend Jane Shute, write your name and address on the top of the left corner and write hers in the middle. Now read the following envelope, please. Qin Ling No.11 Middle School Zibo, Shandong, P.R.C. Miss Jane Shute 65 King Street, New Town Sydney, AustraliaSTAMP( ) 11. &We have to put it on the top of the right corner,& The word &it& here means _____. A the date B the letter C the envelope D the passage ( ) 12. From the passage, we know when we write an English letter, we should put down our address____ . A. at the end of the letter on the left B. at the end of the letter on the right C. at the top of the letter on the left D. at the top of the letter on the right ( ) 13. How do you begin your letter if you write to Peter White? A. Peter B. Mr. Peter C. Dear Mr. White D. Dear Sir Peter ( ) 14. To what country will the letter be sent? A. P.R.C. B. America C. Australia D. Sydney ( ) 15. Who writes this letter? ________. A. Zibo B. Qin Ling C. MISS Shute D. Miss Jane 文 章来年英语中考模拟试卷(附答案 附答案) 盐城市 2010 年英语中考模拟试卷 附答案)默认分类
18:33:27 阅读 418 评论 0 字号:大中小 订阅盐城市 2010 年英语中考模拟试卷本试卷分第Ⅰ 本试卷分第Ⅰ卷(选择题)和第Ⅱ卷(非选择题)两部分。第Ⅰ卷为第 1 至 45 题,第Ⅱ卷为第 46 至 选择题)和第Ⅱ 非选择题)两部分。 81 题。试卷总分 120 分,考试时间 100 分钟。 分钟。 说明: 说明: 1. 答卷前,考生务必将本人的姓名、学校、试考证号填涂在答题卡相应的位置上。 2. 第Ⅰ卷上选择题答案和第Ⅱ卷上非选择题答案均必须填涂或填写在答题卡上,在试卷上答题无效。 3. 考试结束,只上交答题卡。第Ⅰ卷(选择题 60 分) 一、单项选择 (共 15 小题;每小题 l 分,计 15 分) 在下列各题 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选择一个能填入题干空白处的最佳答案。 1. --- I think eating more vegetables is good _______ our health. --- Yes, I agree _______ you. A. at, to B. to, to C. for, with D. for, to2. --- Do you know the boy________ is sitting next to Peter? --- Yes. He is Peter’s friend. They are celebrating his ________ birthday. A. ninth B. nineth C. /; nineth D. ninth3. --- Did you have a good time at Laura’s birthday party? --- Yes, indeed. It’s several years ________ I enjoyed myself so much. A. when B. before C. since D. that4. --- You can use MSN to talk with Vivien on the Internet. --- I know. But can you tell me ________? A. when I can use it C. why can I use it B. what I can use it D. how can I use it5. ---The 2010 World Expo (世博会) which will last 184 days will be held in Shanghai on May 1st. --- ________ exciting news! We shall try our best to support it. A. How B. What C. How an D. What an6. --- Have you seen the TV play My Ugly Mother? --- Yes, it’s well worth ________. It’s ________ moving that I’ve seen it twice. A. too B. enough C. so D. such7. --- What do you think of the lecture of Li Yang’s Crazy English? --- I think it’s _______ , but someone thinks it’s much too ________. A. bored C. boring B. boring D. bored8. --- Who will send you to the new school, your mom or your dad? --- _______. I’ll go there by myself. A. Both B. Either 9. --- Is this park C. Neither you’ve visited recently? D. None--- Yes, it's the most beautiful one I’ve ever visited before. A. the one B. that C. which D. the one which10. --- It’s difficult for the village children to cross the river for school. --- I think a bridge ________ over the river. A. should be built B. is being built C. has been built D. was built11. --- How do you like the dishes, Eric? --- Fantastic! Nothing tastes ________. A. nice B. better C. terrible D. worse12. --- After discussing, the students ________ some good ideas to work on the project. --- That’s great! A. put up B. came up with C. caught up with D. set up13. --- Did you see a girl in yellow pass by just now? --- No, sir. I ________ a magazine. A. read B. am reading C. would read D. was reading14. --- What did Mr Green say to you? --- “What a heavy rain! How did you come here?” He asked________. A. at allB. in factC. in surpriseD. as a result15. --- Zhao Rui, it’s said that many famous singers will come to Yangzhou on April 18th. How about watching the evening show there? --- ________! Let’s ask Huang Tao to go with us. A. Best wishes B. Sounds great C. Good luck D. That’s OK 二、完形填空 (共 15 小题;每小题 l 分,计 15 分) If you are writing or studying, it makes much difference where the light comes from. People use 16and pens every day. They have to be very careful about the way of the light because the light shines on their work. Every 20 17 gets its light either from daylight 18 the window 19 from the lamps or electricity,no matter what kind of light it is, the way it shines towards our books or work is very important to the eyes. Take a book and sit with your the page and makes it 21 22 toward the window, and try to read. Your shadow(影子) falls all over for your eyes as if you were in a 24 23 room.Now turn around and face the window. The page is eyes. Try sitting with your 25shadow again, while the bright light is in yourside toward the window. This is very good for 27 fall across the page and bother you26 28 ., but if you werewriting, the shadow There is another way C sit 29your left side to the window. Now everything is perfect for writing as well.Whatever kind of light is in the room, the rule about the right way to sit is 16. A. eyes 17. A. man 18. A. from 19. A. and 20. A. but 21. A. side 22. A. good 23. A. bright 24. A. in 25. A. front 26. A. speaking 27. A. can 28. A. few 29. A. by 30. A. only B. heads B. woman B. through B. then B. until B. back B. bad B. clean B. into B. back B. reading B. may B. a few B. with B. never C. left C. writing C. would C. little C. against C. not often C. if C. body C. useful C. dirty C. on C. books C. house C. into C. as30the same.D. hands D. animals D. inside D. or D. when D. front D. clear D. dark D. to D. right D. studying D. will D. a little D. near D. always三、阅读理解(共 l5 小题;每小题 2 分,计 30 分) 阅读理解 阅读下列内容,从每小题所给的四个选项中选出一个最佳答案。 (1) Teddy Smith’s Fast Food Open: 10:00 a.m.---10:30 p.m. Lunch served till 2:00 p.m. Dinner served till 9:30 p.m. Eat in or take away Mains(主食) Beef Steak $ 4.25 Hamburger $ 3.15 (small) $ 3.95 (large) Noodles $ 2.05(small) $ 2.50 (large)Desserts Ice Cream $ 1.25 Flavours(味道): Banana, Chocolate, Apple Apple Pie $ 0.75 Chocolate Cake $ 0.95Drinks Soft Drinks $ 0.75 (small) $ 0.95 (large) Flavours(味道): Cola, Apple, orange Coffee or Tea $ 1.2531. When do they stop serving dinner? A. 10:00 a.m. B. 10:30 p.m. C. 2:00 p.m. D. 9:30 p.m.32. How much do a small hamburger, two chocolate cakes and a large soft drink cost? A. $ 4.1. B. $ 5.85 C. $ 6.00. D. $ 6.6033. How many kinds of things have chocolate in them? A. One. B. Two. (2 ) Volunteering means that you work to help people without being paid. There are many different volunteers. They help people who really need help. There are many places where you can be volunteers. Here are just a few places for you. Hospital---ask if you can go and visit people who are really sick. Sometimes what they need is someone to talk to, or someone to give them hope. Orphanage (孤儿院) ---the children living there really need someone to play with them. Food Shelter(救助站)---many food shelters need people to clean up the shelters and help give out food or water to those who need it. Seniors’ Home (敬老院) ---help the elderly people clean up their homes. Community (社区) Center ---a lot of community centers are very well run. However, some of them really need extra help, especially cleaning and repairs. As a student you can also do a lot of things to help others at school. Maybe you could start a support group. Here is some advice: Help students give up smoking, drinking or other bad habits. Help students who come from poor families. Help new students get used to their school life soon. Provide graduating students with information on future studies. 34. Volunteers don’t want to get ________ when they help others. A. everything B. money C. some presents D. a job C. Three. D. Four.35. How many places are mentioned for you to be volunteers in according to this passage? A. Six B. Five C. Four D. Three36. The volunteers can ________ in the community center. A. give the sick person hope B. give out food or water to the people who need it C. play with the children in orphanage D. clean up the yard 37. From the passage, you know the following volunteer jobs can be done at school except _______. A. helping students who come from poor families B. helping the students who have bad habits C. helping the student to copy others' homework D. helping the students in trouble with their studies (3) For a long time, humans have used technology (科技) to study the world around us, and Mars is the latest place we’re using machines to explore. Besides the earth, the “red planet” is seen, as the one place in our solar system most likely to have life. Early last month, the first American robot, Spirit, landed on Mars without any problem. Opportunity, the second robot, landed on the planet more than a week ago. Scientists are very excited about these machines’ safe landing on Mars. It means that now we have an excellent chance to look for water and other signs of life. So far, the robots have found some stones that could show Mars was once a wet and warm planet. But the trips made by Spirit and Opportunity were dangerous. Mars is often called the “death planet”, because in the past its environment has been unfriendly to the robot explorers. Before Spirit and Opportunity, nearly forty spaceships had been sent to Mars since the 1960s. Two-thirds of them failed. The first spaceship, Korabl, sent in 1962 by Russia was among them. It broke apart (分裂) near the earth. 38. For a long time humans think ________. A. they can surely find life on Mars B. there may be life on Mars C. it’s too late for them to explore Mars now D. Mars is the only planet that has life on it 39. The two robots ________. A. have found out that it is warm and wet on Mars B. were sent to Mars to find some stones C. were the first two American robots that landed on Mars D. are the only machines that have landed on Mars so far 40. The third paragraph mainly tell us ________. A. it’s a very hard and dangerous trip for spaceships to Mars B. two-thirds of the spaceships sent to Mars have failed C. Spirit and Opportunity landed on Mars successful D. Mars is called the “death planet” 41. From this passage we learn that ________. A. the two robots have found water on Mars B. Opportunity touched on Mars a week later than Spirit C. it’s exciting to have the chance to look for signs of life on Mars D. Korabl was the first Russian machine to land on Mars (4) Many children use the Internet to get useful knowledge and information, and to relax in their free time. But some of them are not using in a good way. Here are some rules to make sure you are safe and have fun on the Internet.● Make rules for Internet use with your parents. For example, when you can go online, for how long and whatactivities you can go online.● Don’t give your password (密码) to anyone else, and never leak out the following information---your realname, home address, age, school, phone number or other personal information.● Check with your parents before giving out a credit (信用) card number. ● Never send a photo of yourself to someone in e-mail unless your parents say it’s OK. ● Check with your parents before going into a chat room. Different chat rooms have different rules and attract different kinds of people. You and your parents must make sure it’s a right place for you.● Never agree to meet someone you met on the Internet without your parent’s permission (允许). Never meetanyone you met on line alone.● Always remember that people online may not be who they say they are. Treat everyone online asstrangers.● If something you see or read online makes you uncomfortable, leave the site. Tell a parent or teacher rightaway.● Treat other people as you’d like to be treated. Never use bad language. ● Remember―not everything you read on the Internet is true.42. It’s good for children to ________ on the Internet. A. give password to others B. get useful knowledge and information C. give out a credit card number D. go into a chat room as they’d like to 43. The underlined phrase “leak out” in the third paragraph may mean “________.” A. give away B. leave out C. give out D. put away 44. If your parents don’t agree, never ________. A. read anything on the Internet B. relax in your free time C. have a face-to face meeting with anyone you met online D. treat other people as you’d like to be treated 45. This passage is mainly about “________”. A. How to use Computers B. Surfing on the Internet C. Information on the Internet D. Internet Safety Rules第Ⅱ卷(非选择题 60 分)四、词汇运用 (共 l0 小题;每小题 l 分,计 l0 分) 根据句子意思,用括号中所给汉语提示或英语单词的适当形式填空。(每空一词) 46. I could see her playing the computer games ________ the window. (透过) 47. Look at the sign!We are not ________ to park cars here. (允许) 48. The Chinese _________ cares about the people in the drought-hit areas all the time. (政府) 49. It will be much ________ tomorrow. Please drive your car as carefully as you can. (多雾的) 50. Our Maths teacher spent 2 hours _________ the tough problems to us like this. (解释) 51. So far, five ________ of the boys in Tom’s class have visited the Slender West lake. ( twelve) 52. He was so _________ that he wore different socks on his feet. (care) 53. Come and warm _________ by the fire, Millie and Jane! (you) 54. --- Can you tell me the time of her _________? (arrive) ---It’s on May the twentieth. 55. _________ you go, I will go with you. (where) 五、任务型阅读 (共 l0 空;每空 l 分,计 l0 分) 阅读下列短文,根据短文中的信息完成文后表格。 (每空一词) In the past, man did not have to think about the protection of his environment. There were not many people on earth, and natural resources seemed to be unlimited. Today, things are different. The world has become too crowded. We are using up our natural resources too quickly, and at the same time we are polluting our environment with dangerous chemicals. If we continue like this, human life on earth will not survive. Everyone realizes today that if too many fish are taken from the sea, there will soon be none left. Yet, with modern fishing methods, more and more fish are caught. We know that if too many trees are cut down, forests will disappear and nothing will grow on the land. Yet, we continue to use bigger and more powerful machines to cut down more and more trees. We realize that if rivers are polluted with waste products from factories, we will die. However, in most countries waste products are still put into rivers or into the sea, and there are few laws to stop this. We know, too, that if the population of the world continues to rise at the present rate, in a few years, there will not be enough food. What can we do to solve these problems? If we eat more vegetables and less meat, we will easily get more food. Land that is used to grow crops can feed five times more people than land where animals are kept. The world population will not rise so quickly if people use modern methods of birth control. Finally, if we educate people to think about the problems, we shall have a better and cleaner living place in the future. The importance of 56 the environment◆ More fish being caught. ◆ More Problems ◆ More 57 being cut down. 58 into rivers. ◆ More waste products being 59 being born. 60 . 61 .◆ The world is becoming too Causes 62◆ Modern methods make the situationWe human beings will not survive on the earth. ◆ Eat more vegetables and less meat so that more food will be 63 for everyone. 64 control so that the population ◆ Use modern methods of will not grow too fast. ◆ Educate people so that the 65 will be better and cleaner.Solutions六、缺词填空 (共 10 空;每空 l 分,计 l0 分) 根据短文内容和首字母提示,在下文空格处填入适当的词使短文完整。(每空一词) Traffic accidents killed more than 104,000 people in China last year, or more than 280 people each day. There was a great n 66 to change the situation.In October of 2003, our new Traffic Law (法律) became a law and it was first put into use during the May Day holiday in 2004. It has new rules for d 67 and pedestrians (行人). For example, drivers have to slow 68 to let them walk.down when they are close to crosswalks. If people are in a crosswalk, cars must s And if bus drivers smoke or make phone calls while d 69, they can be fined (处罚). Buses that carry too many people are also a 7170the law.Pedestrians will have to walk more sunder the new law. They must cross the streets at crosswalks. 72 the fences (栅栏) along the streets. Even if 73 light. Traffic police haveIf not, the police will fine them. Also, they shouldn’t climb othere are no policemen around, don’t think it’s safe to cross the street on a rgot monitors (监视器). These machines can take their p 74 and help the police find them later. If you bike to school, it’s not a good idea to carry classmates on the back. You should be fined fifty yuan. Drivers and pedestrians must work t 75 to make the streets safer. 七、书面表达 (计 30 分) A. 句子翻译。(共 5 小题;每小题 2 分;计 10 分) 76、她是如此聪明的女孩,我们都喜欢她。 . 77、和看电视相比,我弟弟更喜欢与他的同学们打篮球。 . 78、我认为他们瞧不起穷人是不对的。 . 79、约翰过去周末常和他的朋友在网上聊天。 . 80、由于天气恶劣,飞机起飞晚了三个小时。 . 81、B. 写作 (计 20 分) 去年秋季始,江苏省全面实施教育新政,严格控制学生在校时间,转变课堂教学方式,请你就实施教育 新政前后你校的变化写一篇英文报道,同时发表你个人看法。 教育新政前 1. 学生在校学习时间长,每天超 过十个小时。 2. 课堂上只要认真听老师讲授 就行了。 3. 学生身心疲惫,上课经常迟 到。 个人看法 …… 注意:1. 请根据以上提供的信息写报道,个人看法可自由发挥。 2. 表达清楚,语法正确,上下文连贯。 3. 词数:100 词左右;开头已写好,不计入总词数。 4. 参考词汇:实施 conduct, 教育新政 the New Educational Policy。 My school conducted the New Educational Policy last autumn and great changes have taken place since then. ____________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________ 3. 2. 1. 教育新政后 在校学习时间减少,每天不到七个小 时。 课堂上同学们经常互相讨论,有充足的 自学时间。 学生兴趣高,到校准时,学习能力明显 增强。 参考答案第 I 卷(选择题 60 分) 小题; 一、单项选择(共 15 小题;每小题 1 分,计 15 分) 单项选择( 答案:1-5 CACAB 6---10 CCCAA 11―15 BBDCB小题; 二、完形填空(共 15 小题;每小题 1 分,计 15 分) 完形填空( 答案:16―20 CCBDA 21―25 BBDAD 26---30 BCDBD小题; 三、阅读理解(共 15 小题;每小题 2 分,计 30 分) 阅读理解( 答案: (1)31-33 DCB (2)34-37 BADC (3)38-41 BCAC (4) 42-45 BCCD第 II 卷(非选择题 60 分) 四、词汇运用 (共 l0 小题;每小题 l 分,计 l0 分) 共 小题; 答案: 46. through 51. twelfths 47. allowed 52. careless 48. government 53. yourselves 49. foggier 54. arrival 50. explaining 55. Wherever五、任务型阅读 (共 l0 空;每空 l 分,计 l0 分) 任务型阅读 共 答案: 56. protecting 57. trees 61. worse 58. put 59. babies 64. birth 60. crowded 65. earth62. Result 63. available六、缺词填空 (共 10 空;每空 l 分,计 l0 分) 共 答案:66. need 71. safely 67. drivers 68. stop 72. over 73. red 69. driving 70. against 75. together74. pictures/photos七、书面表达(计 30 分) 书面表达( A.句子翻译。(共 5 小题;每题 2 分,计 10 分) 答案:76. She is so smart that we all like her./ 1分 1分She is such a clever girl that we all like her. 1分 1分77. My brother prefers playing basketball with his classmates to watching TV. / 0.5 分 0.5 分 0.5 分 0.5 分My brother would rather play basketball with his classmates than watch TV. 0.5 分 0.5 分 0.5 分 0.5 分 78. I don’t think it is right of them to look down on the poor./ 0.5 分 0.5 分 0.5 分 0.5 分I think it is wrong of them to look down on the poor. 0.5 分 0.5 分 0.5 分 0.5 分79. John used to chat with his friends on the Internet at weekends. 0.5 分 0.5 分 0.5 分 0.5 分80. Because of the bad weather, the plane took off three hours late. 0.5 分 0.5 分 0.5 分 0.5 分B. 写作(计 20 分) My school conducted the New Educational Policy last autumn and great changes have taken place since then. Before the New Educational Policy, we had to study at school for too long, usually for over ten hours every day. In class, we just listened to our teachers carefully. Feeling tired from to time, we used to be late for school. Now we spend less than seven hours studying at school every day. In class, my classmates and I often have a hot discussion with each other and have enough time to learn on our own. As a result, all of us become so interested in our subjects that we are no longer late for school and our learning abilities are getting stronger and stronger. I think that the New Educational Policy is meaningful because it has helped us learn better, improve all our abilities and enjoy ourselves at the same time.评分标准: 评分标准: 一档文 17-20 分:写出全部内容要点,层次清楚、语言流畅,有句式变化,基本无语法错误(1-2 个错 误) ,或有少量由于使用复杂结构而引起的语法或拼写错误, 但不影响意义理解。 二档文 13-16 分:基本写出全部内容要点,层次清楚、语言流畅,有少量语法错误(3-4 个错误) 。 三档文 9-12 分:写出大部分内容要点,语言基本通顺,有一些语法和拼写错误,基本不影响意思表达。 四档文 5-8 分:写出一半左右有关内容要点,语言不太通顺,语法结构单调、错误较多,只有少数句 子可读,影响理解。 五档文 0-4 分:言不达意,不知所云;只有(1-2 个)句子可读。二、单项选择 (共 10 小题,每小题 1 分,计 10 分) 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出一个可以填入句中空白处的最佳选项。 26. ―What’s your ________? ―I like collecting stamps. A. name B. job C. address D. hobby 27. ―My house is very near a busy street. ―It ________ be very quiet. A. can B. must C. can’t D. mustn't 28. I had to buy ________ these books because I didn't know which one was the best. A. all B. none C. both D. neither 29. Be ________. Make sure not to make the same spelling mistake next time. A. peaceful B. careful C. helpful D. thankful 30. No free plastic bags in the supermarkets helps to ________ white pollution. A. reduce B. remove C. provide D. produce 31. When an earthquake happens, and you are outdoors, you should keep calm and go to an open area as ________as possible. A. slowly B. quietly C. widely D. quickly 32. ―Do you know ________ the soldiers came to Yingxiu Town? ―The roads were badly broken. They had to walk there. A. why B. when C. how D. where 33. ―When will Han Han’s new book ________? ―Sorry, I don't know. I’m looking forward to his new book, too. A. come on B. come out C. come in D. come over 34. ―How clean the window is! ―Yes. It ________ just now. A. has been cleaned B. was cleaned C. is cleaned D. will be cleaned 35. ―Paul invited us to take part in a party tomorrow evening. ―________ Is tomorrow his birthday? A. Why not? B. What a good idea! C. What for? D. That’s all right. 三、完形填空 (共 15 小题,每小题 1 分,计 15 分) 阅读下面短文,从各题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出最佳选项。 An old man lived in a nice house with a large garden. He took care of his 36 all the time, watering and fertilizing them. One day a young man went by the 37 . He looked at the beautiful flowers, imagining how happy he could be 38 he lived in such a beautiful place. Then, suddenly he found the old gardener was 39 . He was very surprised about this and asked, “You can’t see these flowers. 40 are you busy taking care of them every day?” The old man smiled and said “I can tell you four 41 . First, I was a gardener when I was young, and I really like this job. Second, 42 I can’t see these flowers, I can touch them. 43 , I can smell the sweetness of them. As to the last one, that’s 44 .” “Me? But you don’t know me,” said the young man. “Yeah, it’s 45 that I don’t know you. But I know that flowers are angels that everybody . We enjoy the happiness these flowers have brought us.” 46 The blind man’s work opened our eyes and 47 our hearts, which also made his life . It was just like Beethoven, who became deaf in his later life and wrote many great musical 48 works. Beethoven himself couldn’t 49 his wonderful music, but his music has 50 millions of people to face their difficulties bravely. Isn’t it one kind of happiness? 36. A. flowers B. trees C. vegetables D. grass 37. A. balcony B. kitchen C. garden D. study 38. A. after B. as C. before D. if 39. A. blind B. famous C. smart D. friendly 40. A. What B. Who C. Why D. Which 41. A. stories B. reasons C. excuses D. conclusions 42. A. although B. since C. because D. unless 43. A. First B. Second C. Third D. Fourth 44. A. me B. you C. my mother D. my son 45. A. true B. hard C. cool D. fair 46. A. greets B. doubts C. meets D. knows 47. A. broke B. hurt C. pleased D. treated 48. A. emptier B. busier C. luckier D. happier 49. A. write B. hear C. play D. believe 50. A. changed B. affected C. discovered D. encouraged 四、阅读理解 I. 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出最佳选项。 (共 15 小题, 每小题 2 分,计 30 分) A Everyone needs friends. Friends bring us happiness and hope in our lives. But the ability to make friends changes from person to person. To some people, making friends is easy, and to others it’s very difficult. Making friends is a skill, and the first thing is to know how to get along with others. If you have trouble in making friends, maybe I can tell you how to do it. ★Realize your own good points. You have skills and talents that others will like. ★Believe that you are a good person and have something nice to share with others. ★Be humorous. Learn to laugh at yourself and your weakness. Remember to smile to others. ★Respect the others. Everyone has his own idea. Learn how to listen to others’ ideas without trying to make them accept yours. ★Be kind. If you are kind to others, they will usually be kind to you. There are hundreds of little things you can do to show kindness. Open the door for someone. Wave to a friend and so on. ★Don’t complain. Learn to accept what you can’t change, and work hard to change what you can. No one is willing to hear your complaining all the time. ★Never give up. Even if you are faced with some closed-minded people, never give up. And try to find someone who will understand you. 51. Why do we need friends according to the passage? A. Friends can do everything for us. B. Friends can bring us happiness. C. Friends accept our ideas all the time. D. Without friends we could not live. 52. What’s the first thing we should learn in order to make friends? A. To help others. B. To smile to others. C. To get along with others. D. To listen to others’ complaints. 53. Which of the following shows a sense of humour? A. Opening the door for someone. B. Complaining to others all the time. C. Laughing at ourselves and our weakness. D. Finding someone who will understand us. 54. How many pieces of advice does the writer offer when we have trouble in making friends? A. Five. B. Seven. C. Nine. D. Eleven. B Millie is a foreign student studying in Yancheng. She wants to join a body club in the summer holiday. She has found some information about a body club.55. What can Millie do in the club? A. Playing basketball. B. Swimming.C. Playing chess.D. Hiking. 56. Which is TRUE according to the passages? A. If you join the club, you can get two free T-shirts. B. It’s a good way to fight the fat and keep fit if you join the club. C. You can contact the club on
for more information. D. The club will offer one week free membership if you join it in two weeks. 57. The two passages are ________. A. letters B. diaries C. news D. advertisements C The famous scientist and thinker, Charles Darwin, was born on February 12, 1809. As a boy, Charles liked to go for walks in the fields and forests. He enjoyed watching nature, and comparing what he saw with everything he had read in science books. He also liked collecting very much. He collected many things, birds, eggs, stones and leaves. At sixteen Darwin was sent to Edinburgh University to become a doctor. But he was interested in the history of nature. Then he was sent to study in Cambridge University. There he studied until 1831. Some time later he heard that the ship Beagle was going on a trip to South America and wanted a scientist. His teacher advised him to go. So when the Beagle left England in December, 1831, Darwin was on it. The trip lasted almost five years. Darwin saw many new plants and animals. He collected all kinds of plants. In 1842 Darwin went to live in Kent, and there he continued his studies of change in nature. Darwin understood that plants and animals are not always the same, and that they really change. By 1859 Darwin had finished his famous book “The Origin of Species”. In 1871 Darwin wrote another important book. Darwin continued his studies in science until he died in 1882. 58. Where was Darwin born? A. In Germany. B. In France. C. In England. D. In America. 59. What kind of books did Darwin like reading when he was a boy? A. Science books. B. Chemistry books. C. History books. D. Medical books. 60. What did Darwin work as on the ship Beagle? A. A tourist. B. A doctor. C. A waiter. D. A scientist. 61. Which book was written by Darwin in 1871? A. The Origin of Species. B. The Theory of Relativity. C. The Theory of Evolution. D. The Old Man and the Sea. D It was the last day of the final examination in a college. On the steps of building, a group of engineering students were waiting for the last exam. On their faces was confidence. They knew the exam would be easy. The professor (a teacher at a college) had said they could bring any books or notes during the test. Right after they came into the classroom. The professor handed out the papers. There were only five questions on it. Three hours passed. Then the professor began to collect the papers. The students no longer looked confident. On their faces was nervous expression. The professor watched the worried faces before him, and then asked, “How many of you have completed all five questions?” No hand was raised. “How many of you have answered four?” Still no hands. “Three? Two?” The students moved restlessly in their seats. “One, then? Certainly somebody has finished one.” But the class kept silent. The professor said, “That is exactly what I expected. I just want to make you know clearly that even though you have completed four years of engineering. There are still many things about the subject you don't know. These questions you could not answer are common in everyday practice.” Then, smiling, he added, “You will all pass this course, your education has just begun.” The years have obscured the name of this professor, but not the lesson he taught. 62. Why did the students think the exam was easy at first? A. Because it was their last exam in the college. B. Because they knew there were only five questions. C. Because they thought they were clever and talented. D. Because they were allowed to bring any books and notes during the text. 63. What does the underlined word “obscured” mean in the last paragraph? A. 模糊 B. 回忆 C. 提醒 D. 改变 64. What could the students learn from the last exam? A. He laughs best who laughs last. B. A good beginning is half done. C. One is never too old to learn. D. The early bird catches the worm. 65. What’s the best title for the article? A. Some Confident Students. B. An Engineering Exam. C. An Interesting Professor. D. An Unforgettable Lesson.第Ⅱ卷 (非选择题,共 55 分)Ⅱ. 阅读下面材料,完成相关任务,每空一词。 (共 5 小题,每小题 2 分,计 10 分)HarrodsWelcome to the biggest store in Europe―Harrods! If you want to go shopping in London, the best place is Harrods. ★Harrods is in one of the most expensive areas of London, Knightsbridge. ★Harrods sells everything. You can buy anything here―even a plane or an elephant! ★Harrods is one of the busiest shops in London. Nearly 35,000 people come to the shop every day and more than 4,000 people work here. Harrods is a big shop. It can be difficult to find what you are looking for. Yesterday an Italian girl, Alice, went to Harrods and bought a watch and some chocolate. She found the things with the help of the store guide.HarrodsLG stationerySTORE GUIDEG the food hall/men’s shoes/watches 1 2 3 4 5 ladies fashion/ladies shoes Harrods pet shop/books/magazines and newspapers/travel musical instruments/electric goods toys/children’s wear/young fashion sports/hair and beautyG: LG: lower ground floorHarrods KNIGHTSBRIDGE 87-135 Brompton Road, London SWIX 7 XL Telephone 020
VAT No. 629 2734 23 www.harrods.com Date Assistant Ref No. 06/03/08 2-000002 Harrods watch £9.98 Harrods chocolate £6.50 Total: ?(Alice’s Receipt) 66. What do people think of Harrods? It’s very________ and ________. 67. is one of the signs Alice saw in Harrods, it means people mustn’t ________ ________. 68. Alice went to the ________ floor to buy the watch and the chocolate. 69. The receipt shows how much Alice paid for the things she bought. The total price was £ . Which note did she pay with? ________(A or B)A. B. 70. Suppose Alice was on LG in Harrods, write down two things she might buy. _______ _______ 五、词汇 (共 20 小题,每小题 1 分,计 20 分) Ⅰ. 根据提示写出句中所缺单词,使句意完整正确。 71. ―What’s the weather like in your hometown now? ―It’s usually very ________ (热) and often rains a lot. 72. In the United States sixteen is the________ (年龄) when teenagers can begin driving. 73. Scientists have found that talking to another person for 10 minutes a day can help you remember things ________ (好) than not to. 74. ―Are you a basketball ________ (爱好者)? ―Yes. Yao Ming is my favourite star. 75. ―What’s your secret of success? ―Our ________ (优势) is team spirit. (not including) bread. 76. In France you are not supposed to eat anything with your hands e 77. A (the season between summer and winter) is the season when the days get shorter and the leaves turn yellow. 78. Don’t worry. You will have e (as much as you want or need) time to think it over. 79. I d (grew and improved) an interest in Art when I was at primary school. 80. Luo Xuejuan was very proud that she was s (chosen) to be the first Chinese torchbearer (火炬手). Ⅱ. 用方框中所给词语的适当形式填空,每词限用一次。 grammar, suggestion, good, boring, improve, ask, differently, however, chat with, for example This week we asked some students about the best ways to learn more English. Some students had special 81 . Li Ping, 82 , said the best way to learn new words was by reading English magazines. She said that learning the words of pop songs also helped a little. When we 83 about studying grammar, she said, “I never study grammar. It’s too 84 .” Wei Ming thought 85 . He had learned English for seven years and really loved it. He thought studying 86 was a great way to learn a language. He also thought that watching English movies was a 87 way because he could watch the actors say the words. Sometimes, 88 , he found watching movies difficult because the people spoke too quickly. Liu Chang said that joining the English corner was the best way 89 her English. She could get lots of practice and also have fun there. She added that 90 classmates was not helpful at all. “We get excited about something and then end up speaking in Chinese,” she said. 六、根据所给提示将下列句子译成英语 (共 5 小题,每小题 2 分, 计 10 分) 91.请不要在外面呆得很晚。 (stay) 92.我发现那本书很有用。 (find) 93.Susan 的爸爸过去常常去钓鱼。 (used to) 94.你帮助我学习数学真是太好了。 (It’s kind …) 95.Tom 问妈妈,当他煮鱼时需要注意些什么。 (pay attention to) 七、书面表达 (共 1 题,计 15 分) 假设你是李明,你的国外网友 Eric 在网上看到几幅中国剪纸(Chinese paper cut),Eric 对此很感兴趣,给你发来邮件询问有关中国剪纸的信息,请你根据下表提示给他回复邮件。 Chinese Paper Cut over 2,000 years in different parts of China, young or old, be fond of, do well in…long history very popular birds, animals, flowers…different shapesWhere do people put Chinese paper cuts? … 要求: 1. 文中不得出现真实的人名和校名; 2. 词数:80 个左右。 英语参考答案及评分说明一、听力 (共 20 小题,第 1~20 题每题 1 分、第 21~25 题每题 2 分,计 30 分)? 1-5 D C B A C 16-20 B A A B A 26-30 D C A B A 36-40 A C D A C 51-55 B C C B B 6-10 C B A B A 21-25 B A C C C 31-35 D C B B C 41-45 B A C B A 56-60 B D C A D 46-50 D C D B D 61-65 C D A C D 11-15 C C B A B二、单项选择 (共 10 小题,每小题 1 分,计 10 分)? 三、完形填空 (共 15 小题,每小题 1 分,计 15 分)? 四、阅读理解 (共 20 小题,每小题 2 分,计 40 分)? 66. big/ busy/ expensive 67. take photos/pictures 68. ground/G 69. 16.48; B 70. a pen, a pencil, a pencil-box/case, an eraser 等文具类单词。 五、词汇 (共 20 小题,每空 1 分,计 20 分)? 71.hot 72. age 73. better 74. fan 75. advantage 76. except 77. Autumn 78. enough 79. developed 80. selected ? 81. suggestions 82.for example 83. asked 84. boring 85. differently }

我要回帖

更多关于 crosswalks 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信