Shelterthere is a placee to be_

Plastic sectional shelter
United States Patent 5513471
A sectional shelter is made of a set of panels of plastic material arranged side by side, along with a plastic roof cap. The panels are coupled by ribs projecting from one edge portion of each panel and a channel along the other edge portion. Retainers are pivotally mounted on the inside of the wall adjacent the channeled edge portion so that the edge portion carrying the ribs may be captured between the inside wall of the panel and the retainer. The shelter has curved and straight panels so that it may have various configurations. Door and window openings are formed in the wall panels and are closed by doors and windows fastened on the panels.
Inventors:
Worms, Gerard W. (Pilger, CA)
Eggerman, Percy A. (Watson, CA)
Application Number:
Publication Date:
05/07/1996
Filing Date:
12/01/1993
Export Citation:
Poli-Shelters Inc. (Atikokan, CA)
Primary Class:
Other Classes:
International Classes:
E04B1/343; E04H1/12; (IPC1-7): E04H1/12
Field of Search:
52/82, 52/90.1, 52/588.1, 52/582.2, 52/489.1, 135/87, 135/124, 135/906, 403/335, 403/338, 403/321
View Patent Images:
&&&&&&PDF help
US Patent References:
5319904Pascoe52/825083410Watson5033243Worms et al.52/824848046Wallhead52/824784172Yacoboni135/874672779Boyd52/824665664Knight52/823999337Tomassetti, Jr. et al.52/823932976Steel3924367Stewart52/823661410Larson et al.525/8222135437Bangert52/82
Foreign References:
GB2056518A
Primary Examiner:
Friedman, Carl D.
Assistant Examiner:
Wood, Wynn E.
Attorney, Agent or Firm:
Thrift, Murray E.
Battison, Adrian D.
1. A shelter comprising a plurality of panels of plastic material arranged side by side to form a shelter wall, and coupling means connecting adjacent panels, wherein:
each panel comprises:
first and second edge portions extending along opposite sid and
the coupling means comprise,
male fastener means projecting from the outer face of the panel, along the first edge portion of the panel,
female fastener means extending into the inner face of the panel, along the second edge portion of the panel and being positioned and sized to receive therein the male fastener means of an adjacent panel, and
resilient retainer means mounted on the inner face of the panel adjacent the second edge portion, overlying the second edge portion and capturing the first edge portion of an adjacent panel between the inner face and the retainer means.
2. A shelter according to claim 1 wherein, for each panel, the retainer means comprise at least one resilient plastic strip and means securing the strip to the panel.
3. A shelter comprising a plurality of panels of plastic material arranged side by side to form a shelter wall, and coupling means connecting adjacent panels, wherein:
each panel comprises:
first and second edge portions extending along opposite sid and
the coupling means comprise,
male fastener means projecting from the outer face of the panel, along the first edge portion of the panel,
female fastener means extending into the inner face of the panel, along the second edge portion of the panel and being positioned and sized to receive therein the male fastener means of an adjacent panel, and
resilient retainer means comprising a plurality of resilient plastic strips, each pivotally mounted on the inner face of the panel adjacent the second edge portion and overlying the second edge portion for movement between a disengaged position in which the second edge portion of the panel is unobstructed by the strip and an engaged position extending across the second edge portion and capturing the first edge portion of an adjacent panel between the inner face and the retainer means.
4. A shelter according to claim 1 wherein, for each panel, the male fastener means comprise a rib along the first edge of the panel, projecting from the outer face of the panel and the female fastener means comprise a channel along the second edge of the panel, opening to the inner face of the panel.
5. A shelter according to claim 4 wherein, for each panel, the rib and the channel are moulded integrally with the panel.
6. A shelter according to claim 5 wherein the rib is a second channel, smaller than the channel of the female fastener means.
7. A shelter according to claim 1 wherein at least one of the panels has a door opening therein and at least one of the panels has a window opening therein, and further comprising a door for closing the door opening, the door including a door panel and means for mounting the door panel on the associated panel for selectively closing the door opening, and a window comprising a transparent window panel and window mounting means mounting the window panel in the window opening.
8. A shelter according to claim 7 including latch means for holding the door in a closed condition.
Description:
FIELD OF THE INVENTIONThe present invention relates to shelters and more particularly to a knock-down, sectional shelter that is suitable for human accommodation. BACKGROUND Various knock-down, sectional shelters are known. They have been constructed in various different configurations for various different uses. One known form of shelter is a dome-like unit used for sheltering the nests for leaf cutter bees in fields of alfalfa and the like where the bees pollinate the crop. The known bee nest shelter is a light weight unit that is not particularly well sealed against the weather. It has an open door, vent holes in the roof cap and joints between panels that are not especially weather tight. The present invention is concerned with certain improvements in a shelter of this type, making it more suitable for various human uses, for example emergency housing, ice fishing huts, and shelters in remote locations. SUMMARY According to one aspect of the present invention there is provided a shelter comprising a plurality of panels of plastic material arranged side by side to form a shelter wall, and coupling means for connecting adjacent walls of the panels, wherein the coupling means comprise first and second edge portions extending along opposite side edges of each panel, male fastener means projecting from an outer face of each panel, along the first edge portion of the panel, female fastener means in an inner face of each panel, along the second edge portion of the panel and being positioned and sized to receive therein the male fastener means of an adjacent panel, and resilient retainer means mounted on the panel adjacent the second edge portion and overlying an inner face thereof for capturing the first edge portion of an adjacent panel between the inner face and the retainer means. The coupling arrangement provides a more weather fight seal than the external tab system of the bee nest shelter. The preferred fastener means are a rib along one edge of the panel and a channel along the other. Both rib and channel may be channels moulded integrally with the panel. It is preferred for at least one of the panels to have a door opening and at least one of the panels to have a window opening. A door closes the door opening, and a window comprising a transparent window panel and window mounting frame closes the window opening. The sealed door and the window are other measures that improve the habitability of the shelter. According to a further aspect of the present invention there is provided a shelter comprising a plurality of unitary, substantially rigid panels of plastic material, each having opposite side edges and including a lower panel portion and an upper panel portion sloping upwardly from the lower panel portion, each panel including a first coupling means integral with the panel and extending along one side edge of the panel, second coupling means integral with the panel and extending along the opposite side edge of the panel, the first coupling means of each panel being engageable with the second coupling means of each other panel, the panels including corner panels in which the lower panel portions are arcuate segments and side panels in which the lower panel portions are substantially flat, whereby the panels may be secured together into a shelter wall having a lower part with straight and convex segments and an upper part converging to a central opening, and a roof unit of a size larger than the central opening, including a peripheral flange adapted to engage over the upper edges of the assembled panels. The shelter constructed with straight side panels is larger than the strictly circular unit of the prior art. Using straight panels in both the sides and the ends of the shelter allows the construction of shelters of various different sizes and shapes. The roof component may be produced in segments as well so that a degree of flexibility is also available in this part. The shelter is readily assembled from its component parts. It is light in weight and can easily be transported in a knocked-down condition.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWINGS In the accompanying drawings, which illustrate an exemplary embodiment of the present invention: FIG. 1 is an isometric view of a shelter according to t FIG. 2 is an end elev FIG. 3 is a vertical section along line 3--3 of FIG. 2; FIG. 4 is a horizontal section along line 4--4 of FIG. 2; FIG. 5 is an inside view o FIG. 6 is a view along line 6--6 of FIG. 4; FIG. 7 is a view along line 7--7 of FIG. 2; FIG. 8 is an edge view FIG. 9 is a view along line 9--9 of FIG. 2; FIG. 10 is a partial longitudinal FIG. 11 is
FIG. 12 is an isometric view of a second embod and FIG. 13 is an isometric view of a third embodiment of the shelter.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION Referring to the accompanying drawings, FIGS. 1 through 9 illustrate a shelter 10 having a peripheral wall 12 that slopes upwardly and inwardly to a roof 14. The wall is equipped with a door 16 and a window 18. A roof vent 20 is mounted on the roof. The illustrated shelter is an elongate shape with straight sides and ends joined by curved corners. Each of the corners is provided by two curved corner panels 22. The rest of the peripheral wall is composed of straight side panels 24, two on each end and three on each side. The roof is made up of three centre panels 26 and two end panels 28 and 30. The panels 22 and 24 have similar configurations. As shown in FIG. 8, each has an upright lower portion 32 and an inwardly sloping upper portion 34. The upper portion 34 includes intermediate section 36 that slopes upwardly and inwardly from the top edge of the lower portion and top section 38 that slopes upwardly to the centre from the intermediate section, at a greater slope than the intermediate section. At the top of each panel there is an upright flange 40. Each of the side panels 24 is reinforced with two ribs 42 that extend the full height of the panel, spaced apart between its opposite side edges. A similar third rib 44 extends along one edge of the panel. Each of these ribs is a channel section in profile, opening to the inside of the panel. The third rib thus provides a channel 46 (FIG. 4) along the panel edge, opening to the inside of the panel. A fourth rib 48 extends along the opposite side edge of the panel. This fourth rib is similar in configuration but smaller in cross section than the others and is dimensioned to fit into the open side of the third rib of another, similar panel. The third rib is thus a female rib in the panel coupling system, with the fourth rib being a male rib. As shown in FIGS. 3 and 8, each panel has a horizontal base flange 50 along its bottom edge. As shown in FIGS. 7 and 8, at the top of each panel the flange 40 has a horizontal roof mounting rib 52. Internally, the panel is provided with retainers 54, illustrated most particularly in FIGS. 4, 5 and 6. These are strips 56 of thermoplastic material pivotally mounted on the wall of the panel by rivets 58, adjacent the female rib 44. In use, the retainers extend across the inside of the channel 46 to ensure that the male rib 48 of the next adjacent panel remains captive in the channel. Each retainer strip 56 may be pivoted between an engaged position and a disengaged position. In the disengaged position the channel 46 is unobstructed so that the male rib 48 of an adjacent panel may move into and out of the channel so that the panels may be assembled and disassembled. The retainer plates have offset mounting and retaining ends 60 and 62, and are somewhat resilient so that they provide a firm engagement against the inside of the male rib when engaged in the channel. The nested channel arrangement ensures that the seams between the panels are weather fight. The door 16 includes a door panel 64 mounted on a door frame 66 moulded integrally into one of the corner panels. As shown in FIG. 9, the frame includes a peripheral rib 68 around the door opening and projecting to the outside of the surrounding panel. The frame has an outer face 70 that follows the contours of the adjacent portions of the panel and a forwardly facing recess 72 around the inside of the face 70. The door panel 64 is a hollow, moulded plastic panel with vertical ribs 76 on its outer face. A peripheral recess 78 is formed in the inner face 80 of the door panel so that the centre of the inner face will project into the door frame recess 72 when the door is closed, with the surrounding face 82 of the door panel in face to face engagement with the outer face 70 of the door frame. The door panel has an integrally moulded latch projection 84 on one side. This engages a hook-shaped latch tab 86 fastened to the door frame. The side of the door opposite the projection 84 is mounted on the door frame by hinges 88. The top of the shelter is closed with the roof 14. This includes a centre part 90 surrounded by a sloping panel 91 extending beyond the wall panel flanges 40 and a peripheral skirt 92 that extends over the outside of the flanges 40. The cap is secured in place using the ribs 52 on the flanges 40 and a lip 94 projecting inwardly from the bottom of the skirt to engage under the ribs 52 (FIG. 7). As noted above, the roof is composed of three straight centre panels 26. Each of these is constructed with two lateral reinforcing ribs 96, like the wail ribs 42. As shown in detail in FIG. 10, each panel has, along one edge, a similar female coupling rib 98, while a male coupling rib 100 is formed along the other edge. Of the two end panels 28 and 30, one has a female rib 102, while the other has a male rib 104 to engage opposite edges of a centre panel. The shelter window 18 and roof vent 20 are of the same configuration, the only difference is the addition of screening to the window. As illustrated in FIG. 11, each of these units has an annular frame 110 with a peripheral mounting skirt 112 that fastens to the shelter wall or roof with pop rivets. A cylindrical flange 114 projects to the outside from the mounting skirt. A cap-like cover 116, with a centre panel 118 and a surrounding flange 120 is mounted on the frame by a spring-loaded hinge 122. The spring biases the cover to the open position. To close the cover, a line 124 extends from the cover, through an opening in the frame 110, to the inside of the shelter. A stop 126 is adjustably positioned on the line 124 and limits the opening of the cover when it engages the frame on the inside. The window is completed with a screen 128. While one embodiment of the present invention has been described in the foregoing, it is to be understood that other embodiments are possible within the scope of the invention. Thus, for example, different combinations of the flat and curved panels may be assembled to provide shelters of various shapes. FIG. 12 illustrates an oval shelter 130 with rounded ends composed of corner panels. A single straight panel is used in each side. A unitary roof cap 132 is used in this embodiment. Another embodiment of the shelter is illustrated in FIG. 13. In that embodiment, the shelter 134 is round and is composed of corner panels only. A circular roof cap 136 is used. The invention is not to be considered limited to the illustrated embodiments, as other embodiments are possible without departing from the invention disclosed herein. The invention is to be considered limited solely by the scope of the appended claims.
& 2004-. All rights reserved.Homeless Shelter Albuquerque – Family Assistance | Joy Junction
Homeless Shelter Albuquerque - Family Assistance | Joy Junction
Here at Joy Junction in Albuquerque, we have one goal: to provide the homeless community with hope. Whether it’s offering a safe place to sleep, a warm meal, or simply spreading awareness about homelessness, we believe that we’re creating a better place for our homeless community one step at a time.
Joy Junction is a place of refuge to those who have been forced into the streets. We are a 501(c)(3) faith based nonprofit church organization dedicated to helping homeless men, women, children, and families in Albuquerque by providing food, clothing, shelter, and safety.
Our faith-based church ministry serves as many as 300 individuals a night including as many as 60 to 80 children every day.
Each year we are able to serve more than 200,000 meals thanks to the generous contributions of citizens and businesses throughout the city.
We could not have such a positive impact on our community without you!
We accept everyone regardless of their family composition. That ranges from a single mother a married c grandparents cari or any other conceivable situation.
We will gladly provide the homeless with the help they need to get back on their feet and regain control of their lives.
In addition to providing temporary assistance for needy families, we also help homeless individuals. Regardless of sex, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, or religion, all are welcome at Joy Junction.
Since 1986, the mission of Joy Junction has been to provide food, shelter, clothing, and safety to the homeless of Albuquerque. Only financial constraints prevent us from doing more.
We’re a faith-based outreach ministry that receives no federal, state, or local funding to continue its mission of presenting a Hand Up, not just a handout. We rely solely on the charitable donations of generous citizens, businesses, churches and corporations in Albuquerque.
At some point, almost everyone needs a hand up in life for one reason or another. Whether this is from family, friends, or strangers, the assistance is always greatly appreciated. We want to be the Hand Up for the homeless in Albuquerque.
“Joy Junction saved my life and my soul. Ten months ago they began the process I so desperately needed! Today I am blessed to have my sobriety, a Relationship with God again. And, I am thrilled to say, i have re-opened my Nail salon 3 weeks ago!! I am forever grateful to Jeremy and Joy Junction, for loving me, when I could not love myself!”“I am thankful that God spoke to me through the classes, and helped me to finish the nine month program. He is my Rock. I need God everyday in my life, because He keeps my life on the straight and narrow path. Without God I could never make it. I am very proud to have God as my Savior.”Edith“CIPP has shown me that faith is the most important part. Without faith and my personal relationship with God, there is no way I would have made it through. She said that while she entered the program with no addiction, God showed her areas of her life that needed to be worked on, like bad relationships.”Stephanie
We greatly appreciate all food donations. Every donation of food and drinks can make a difference that in turn can change a life.
We welcome USDA approved meats, seasonings, drinks, dairy products, dry goods, fresh or canned vegetables and fruits, and snacks of any kind.
Items are welcome at 4500 2nd St SW seven days a week between 8am and 8pm.
For more information, call 505 877 6967.
If you are looking for an easy way to donate to a charitable organization from the comfort of your own home, we’ve made that possible. Our Dollar Days Wish List provides you with the opportunity to select a hygiene item to be sent directly to Joy Junction.
Thanks for thinking of the homeless.
To help the homeless get back on their feet and provide them with warm clothing during the cool months, we are always looking for those willing to donate gently used clothing and other items such as sweaters, t-shirts, jeans, blouses, socks, underwear, and much more.
Donations are accepted seven days a week at 4500 2nd St SW between 8am and 8pm.
Although monetary gifts and contributions to Joy Junction are crucial in order to continue our mission, you are not limited to financial donations.
We welcome anyone willing to volunteer to help people at Joy Junction to contact us, and we will help you complete the steps to giving your time and talent to charity.
For more information, call our volunteer line at 505 463 4818 or join us at 4500 2nd St SW for one of our daily volunteer orientation tours seven days a week at 11 a.m.
From Destitute to Ph.D.
My Homeless Journey
In "From Destitute to Ph.D.
- My Homeless Journey", Jeremy Reynalds details his own journey from being homeless to earning his doctorate in intercultural education at Biola University.
The book also contains a number of stories of people who have fallen on hard times, but with the help of Joy Junction, gotten back on their feet again.
To learn more about the book and to purchase a copy for yourself please go to .
“…could be a movie. His story will amaze you.”
-Dan Wooding, Founder
ASSIST Ministries / News Service
Two Hearts, One VisionHelping the Homeless TogetherOne Plus One = Thousands One man goes from homelessness to providing refuge for others. A woman with the same vision comes across his path. The intersection of two hearts results in a multiplication of blessing and supply for the homeless of New Mexico.
Jeremy Reynalds and his wife Elma came from different worlds. Reynalds, who founded and runs New Mexico’s largest emergency homeless shelter says, “God knew I needed a partner.” The inspirational story of two hearts joined and two lives lived for others, and the changed lives of those who encounter Jeremy and Elma at Joy Junction. A riveting account of open hearts and limitless possibilities.
&Buckwheat buttermilk pancakes, scrambled eggs, and pumpkin applesauce..
Breakfast is served! Whata wonderful way to fuel your day! #jjmeals ... If you or a group of your family & friends would like to volunteer for this much needed event, call 505-217-9586 today. #jjvolunteers ...
Contact Us
Shelter - 4500 2nd St. SW
Albuquerque, NM 87105
Mailing - PO Box 27693
Albuquerque, NM 87125
Shelter - 505.877.6967 | 800.924.0569
Corporate Office - 505.217.9586}

我要回帖

更多关于 college is a place 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信