开关i o是什么意思o是开还是关s said r

短文首字母填空 II(B)
&&&&短文首字母填空 II(B)
Ladies and Gentlemen:
&& Welcome to Brighton. I hope you will enjoy your walk a&&&&&& &the town. We are now in the center of the town. We p&&&&&& &the cross roads just now, and now we are going a&&&& &
North Street and you will see a s&&&&&& &church on the left. Look back a&&&&&& &the road to the old palace. Now we are going to a caf&, then we will come to the e&&&&&& &of the street. And our walk c&&&&&& &to an end. I hope that you have e&&&&&& &this walk around Brighton. You have s&&&&&& &a small church, a palace and many other places of i&&&&&& &. Thank you and goodbye.
A detective is a p&&&&&& &, but he doesn&t wear a uniform (制服). He works in his ordinary c&&&&&& &. If he wears a uniform, robbers will know that he is a policeman. Then they will run away f& &&&&&&him.
To &detect& means &to find out&. A detective finds out who does bad things. He can s&&&&&& &in a coffee shop with other customers. He can l&&&&&& &to people talking. Some thieves may w&&&&&& &
to rob a shop. If they talk, a detective may h&&&&& &&them. Then policemen will hide in the shop. When the thieves come, the policemen will c&&&&&& &them.
A detective w&&&&&& &hard and helps to p&&&&&& &us.
Last year a group of G&&&&&& &students went to England for a h&&&&&& &. Their t&&&&&& &told them that the English people h&&&&&& &shake hands. So when they m&&&&&& &their English friends at the station, they kept their hands b&&&&&& &their backs. The English students had l&&&&&& &
that the Germans shake hands as often as possible, so they put their hands in front and got r&&&&&& &
to shake hands with them. It made both of them laugh.
Do you know h&&&&&& &to write an English letter and envelope?
When we write a letter in C&&&&&& &, we always put the d&&&&&& &at the end of the letter. But it is d&&& &&&&in English. We have to put it on the l&&&&&& &corner. And above the date, we also write the number of our house and the n&&&&&& &of our street, city and country. To begin the letter, we always use words l&&&&&& &&Dear sir&, &Dear Mr. /Mrs./ Ms&& To the e&&&&&& , we always use words like &Yours&, &Yours ever& or &Truly yours&.
Have you n&&&&&& &that chocolate bars are shrinking? The p&&&&&& &of chocolate and sugar are always going up. The chocolate bar makers p&&&&&& &the money on to buyers. They know that people don&t want to pay m&&&&&& &, so they make s&&&&&& &chocolate bars. In one year a chocolate bar may go from 150g to 125g in weight while the price s&&&&&& &the same. When the bar g&&&&&& &so small that no one will buy it, they will make it l& &&&&&&and the price goes up, too.
A&&&&&& &love their pets, Every year, they spend a lot of money buying, f&&&&&& &and raising them. Cats and dogs are the most popular pets and are often t&&&&&& &as members of the family.
But for many people, their pets are more than j&&&&&& &their friends.
B&&&&&& &people have depended on (依靠)dog guides for over 60 years. Dogs for the Deaf, founded in the 1970s, trains dogs to let deaf people know w&&&&&& &a telephone rings, someone is at the door or a baby cries. But even w&&&&&& &special training, pets have s&&&&&& &that they can i&&&&&& &the quality (质量) of our lives. Scientists say that people who live a&&&&&& &, but have pets, are healthier and happier than those who don&t have pets.
We go to school to p&&&&& &&for the time when we will be b&&&&&& &and will have to work for ourselves. We learn our own l&&&&&& &, learn foreign languages, history and so on. What we learn at school is, of course, quite u&&&&&& &, but is that the only reason why we go to school?
No. We go to school, above all, to learn h&&&&&& &to learn, so that when we have left school, we can c&&&&&& &to learn. A man who really knows how to learn will always be s&&&&&& &, because w&&&&&& &he has to do something new, he will quickly teach himself how to do it in the best way. The uneducated person, on the o&&&&&& &hand, is either unable to do something new, or does it badly. So the purpose (目的) of school is not just to teach the students these useful subjects but teach the w&&&&&& &to learn.
An American visiting Scotland met an old man with a beautiful sheepdog. The American o&&&&&& &
$50 for the dog, but the old man r&&&&&& &, &I couldn&t part with Jock,& he said. Just then, an English man w&&&&&& &up and made the same offer. The old man a&&&&& &&, pocketed the money and handed over the dog. The American was very a&&&&&& &. &You told me you wouldn&t s&&&&&& &the dog!& he cried. &No, no!& said the old man. &I said I couldn&t part with him. England&s not far a&&&&&& &and Jock will be back in two days. But he couldn&t s&&&&&& &
across the Atlantic(大西洋).&
Travelling to all corners of the world gets easier and easier, but how well do we know and u&&&&&& &
each other? Here is a simple test. Imagine you will hold a m&&&&&& &at four o&clock, what time should you e&&&&&& &your foreign business friends to come? If they are German, they will a&&&&&& &
on time. If they are American, they&ll probably be fifteen minutes early. If they are British, they&ll be fifteen minutes late.
The British seemed to think since the English l&&&&&& &was widely used in the world, what they did was certain to be widely understood. Very soon they f&&&&&& &they were completely (完全地) wrong. For e&&&&&& &, the British are happy to have a business lunch and discuss business matters with a d the Japanese p&&&&&& &not to work while eating. Lunch is a time for them to relax and get to know e&&&&&& &other and they don&t drink at lunch. The Germans like to talk business b&&&&&& & The French like to eat first and talk afterwards. They have to be well fed and watered before they discuss anything.
About four hundred years ago, Mr. Bacon said the warm water freezes more quickly than cold water. But few people believed him u&&&&&& &1970. In that year Dr. Kell, a well-known scientist, found that Mr. Bacon was r&&&&&& &. He filled one o&&&&&& &bowl with cold water, and the o&&&&&& &with warm water. The he exposed (暴露)b&&&&&& &to the same low temperature. The warm water froze first. The s&&&&&& &was that the two bowls had no covers. Some of the warm water c&&&&&& &into vapour (水蒸气). It went into the air. This m&&&&&& &
that less of the warm water was l&&&&&& &to freeze. So the warm water froze f&&&&&& &than the cold water though it had a greater temperature drop to make.
Why does the Leaning Tower of Pisa (比萨斜塔) in Italy lean (倾斜)? It leans because of a mistake. It has leaned almost since the day the tower was b&&&&&& &.
In 1174, the people of Pisa, Italy wanted to build a bell tower. They wanted the tower to be the
m&&&&&& &beautiful bell tower in Italy. The city a&&&&&& &needed a bell tower because the church did not have o&&&&&& &.
As soon as the first floor of the building was finished, the tower started to lean. Builders tried to make the building s&&&&&& &again as they added more floors, but he leaning tower got w&&&&&& &
as the tower grew.
It took about 180 years to finish the tower. Today, the Leaning Tower has eight f&&&&&& &. It is 54.5 meters t&&&&&& , and it leans almost 4 meters to one s&&&&&& . The tower is also sinking into the g&&&&&& &on which it was built. Every year, the tower leans another 1.5 cm.
In the past few months two important e&&& &&&&have taken place in the world. The war on Iraq m&&&&&& &thousands of people lose their homes. How people all over the world w&&&&&& &
they could live a peaceful (和平的) life! Many people died of SARS. It&s e&&&&&& &duty to make a contribution t&&&&&& &fighting SARS. We all believe i&&&&&& &we work with one heart, world people peace is c&&&&&& &one day and science is able to win the war a&&&&&& &SARS, just like the Chinese climbers who overcame (克服)d&&&&&& &and finally r&&&&&& &the top of Mount Qomolangma on May 21, 2003.
Dear Penny,
&&&& I hope you&re all well. We&re all terribly busy, even Polly, who has finally managed to find some work. U&&&&&& &, it&s not a very good job, but at least it&s a job, and maybe she will find something better in the future. She has also found somewhere e&&&&&& &to live---a small flat about five miles away, so now there&s only Joe and me left at home. After 24 years of having children to look after, it&s very strange to have the house to ourselves, although I do enjoy coming home to a tidy house at the e&&&&&& &of a day. By the way, Polly has broken up with her boyfriend, Peter. We were very sorry, because we got on well with him, and they s&&&&&& &
to be in love.
&&&& Alice has some interesting news, as well. She passed her final exams. We heard last week, so of course, we had a small family celebration. She doesn&t know what she wants to do yet, but she has plenty of time to decide. She doesn&t have a boyfriend at the moment, either. I don&t know what&s the matter with them! They&re both pretty e&&&&&& &! Joe&s fine, but he hasn&t been able to do m&&&&&& &&in the garden because of the weather, which has been terrible. Actually it has rained every day for the p&&&&&& &few weeks. It&s unbelievable, isn&t it?
&&&& Anyway, that&s all for my news. How are you all? What are you up to?
&&&& Do write soon and tell me everything!
A storm dropped heavy rains on central and southern parts of China.
The radio says that a&&&&&& &the Xianjiang River in Hunan, floods caused by terrible r&&&&&& &
in the past weeks killed 25 people and 13 others were missing.
The Chinese Government named some parts in Yunnan and the city of Chongqing of possible heavy rains over the n&&&&&& &few days.
In Changsha water level rose to 38 meters early Monday morning, about 3 meters a&&&&&& &the danger line.
In Guangdong, at l&&&&&& &21 people have been killed, while there were s&&&&&& &hurt and seven went missing w&&&&&& &heavy floods hit northern parts by Saturday.
The cities of Shaoguan, Meizhou and Heyuan w&&&&&& &hardest hit and many people went left homeless.
About 620 million yuan has been lost in the floods. Guangdong has sent something u&&&&&& &to Meizhou, Heyuan and Shaoguan to help the people who had lost homes build their h&&&&&& &&
Students learn their lessons in class. They sit in the classroom l&&&&&& &to the teacher. This is a way of learning. Is this the o&&&&&& &way for students to learn? Of course not. There is another way to learn. That is students can teach themselves. For e&&&&&& &, if you can&t remember something when you are doing your homework, what will you do? You can look at your book to f&&&&&& &the answer.
How to teach yourself? The first thing you must do is reading. Read something you are i&&&&&& &
in, or you have to read. The second is that you must ask yourself questions. A clever student is usually g&&&&&& &&at asking questions. The third is to answer the questions yourself by w&&&&&& &
hard, by reading books, and sometimes by asking o&&&&&& &people. These are the ways of teaching yourself. If you keep doing l&&&&&& &these for a long time, you are sure to have great
s&&&&&& &in your study.
Everyone has a dream. China also has a dream, an Olympic dream
A hundred years ago, a newspaper in Tianjin raised some questions about China&s Olympic dream: the f&&&&&& &, when can China send a team to the Olympic? The second, when can China w&&&&&& &an Olympic gold medal? The third, when can China host (主办) an Olympic Games?
Most of us know that China sent its team nearly 70 years ago and got its first gold medal in 1984. S&&&&&& &then, we have all been hoping to answer the third. Nine years ago Beijing lost to Sydney in hosting the 27th Olympic Games. D &&&&&&&those eight years the Chinese people did a lot of things so that they could realize their dream. Now the dream has come t&&&&&& &.
Now many middle school students have got a mobile phone. Because a lot of parents think
i&&&&&& &their children have a mobile phone, it is e&&&&&& &for their parents to keep in touch with their children at any time. If a child is in t&&&&&& &or lost, they can help him or her in time. But some teachers don&t b&&&&&& &it is a good idea for students to carry mobile phones to schools. They say students depend too much on them. For example, if they forgot something, they may phone home and tell their parents to b&&&&&& &it to school. Some other teachers say students should not have mobile phones at school because some students send short m&&&&&& &
or play games and don&t listen to the teachers carefully in class. These make teachers feel a&&&&&& &
and they are bad for studying. So mobile phones have become a p&&&&&& &for middle schools. Many teachers think it&s not n&&&&& &&to bring them to school. Some middle schools have banned (禁止) students from c&&&&&& &mobile phones during school hours.
Christopher and Jeff had known each other since childhood. One day, Jeff told his friend that he&d fallen in love and planned to get married the n&&&&&& &month. He asked Christopher to lend him $1,000 for the wedding party, and promised to pay him back a month later when he started his new job. Christopher knew that Jeff was not very good with money, but he s&&&&&& &
agreed. As they were old friends, they didn&t put anything in writing.
A month later, Christopher hadn&t heard from Jeff or received any money, s&&&&&& &he phoned him, Jeff was very apologetic and said he would surely pay him back within a month. Six weeks later, Christopher tried to phone Jeff and f&&&&&& &he had moved and left no link address. B&&&&&& &
this time, he was angry.
The one month later, to his surprise, Christopher received a cheque(支票) for $100 from Jeff and a letter giving his new address. He explained that he&d been having money p&&&&&& &, and wouldn&t be able to pay back the remaining $900 for some time. Christopher wrote back telling Jeff to forget the r&&&&&& &of the money and never to reach him again by message or telephone.
Think about watching films every day for a week! Yang Siming, a Junior 1 at No. 31 Middle School in Dongyang, is very p&&&&&& &about the idea.
The Children&s Film Festival in Dongyang will run f&&&&&& &Wednesday until June 1. About 2,000 Dongyang children will watch great movies there.
All the festival&s films---10 Chinese and 15 from f&&&&&& &countries ---are for children. At the end of the festival, children can choose the f&&&&&& &ones.
&We hope these children can choose good f&&&&&& &&for all the Chinese children,& said Chen Jinti, head of the Chinese Children&s Film Association(中国儿童电影协会).
One of the Chinese films is &Girl&s Diary&. It t&&&&&& &the story of how Ranran, a sixth-grade girl, grows up. She doesn&t like maths. B&&&&&& &when she gets a good-looking new maths teacher, she begins to s&&&&&& &harder on her maths. Her diary s&&&&&& &that she loves him. But when her mother reads it, they have a fight. Then they don&t talk for a long time. But in the end, she finds that her mum is right and r&&&&&& &loves her.
There are many kinds of ants (蚂蚁) in America. One kind is very s&&&&&& . People are afraid of it, and animals are afraid of it, too. These ants move in large g&&&&&& &. They eat p&&&&&& &, animals and w&&&&&& &houses. Sometimes even people are k&&&&&& &by them. When the ants come n&&&&&& &, people have to l&&&&&& &their homes. But people are sometimes glad a&&&&&& &
the ants pass t&&&&&& &, because all the insects (昆虫) or snakes are e&&&&&& &by them.
Jim Burden was back at the office after a two-week holiday abroad. &Did you have a nice holiday?& asked his friend, Dick.
&A nice holiday? I made a big m&&&&&& &this time, I should have stayed home.& said Jim.
&What h&&&&&& &then?& asked Dick.
&Well, it was one of the w&&&&&& &holidays I ever had. The h&&&&&& &I stayed at was on a busy road, and I could hardly sleep for the n&&&&&& &. The food they gave us made us ill and the d&&&&&& &were expensive. The places we visited were f&&&&&& &of tourist, and we were l&&&&&& &in the sunshine for quite a few hours. But tell me, how did things go with you?&
&Maybe I was l&&&&&& &than you. I had no trouble at all.& was the answer. &I had b&&&&&& &to do so I stayed at home.&
First take a piece of paper, perhaps a clean page from an old exercise book. The paper must be
w&&&&&&& &. Now get a Chinese brush and some milk. Write your letter with the milk. Be careful not to use too m&&&&&&&& &milk. When the letter is r&&&&&&&& &, wait till the milk is d&&&&&&&& &. You can&t see the words y&&&&&&&& , and nobody can read your letter. But how can your friend u&&&&&&&& &your letter? E&&&&&&&& . Your friend may hold the paper over a c&&&&&&&& &. When the paper is w&&&&&&&& &enough, the milk will begin to l&&&&&&&& &
brown. And your friend will be able to read the letter.
1. to, money, visiting, showed, on, worried, where, before, pay, sent
2. stories, bad, with, some, reading
3.first, started/set, which, miss, walked, wasn&t, again, somebody/someone, bank/bus-stop/bookstore/bar, quickly
4. better, allowed, again, can&t, rest, instead
5. food, tall, during, lives, hard, sit, people, reaches, become, fat
6. for, photos, nearly, busy, hope, one, badly, give, because, worry
7. watched, so, still, millions, Another, often, through, move, colours, ones
8. river, land, friends, visit, uses, necks, bring, finished, shopping, own
9. or, answer, clearly, inside, young, where, sweet, may/might
10. looks, also, things, map, quarters, highest, nearly, water, becomes, lots, Others, strange
11. no, impossible, has, them, moves, through, still, such
12. stayed, Before, wake, train, in, so, room, Maybe, wrong, on
13. like, here, move, new, don&t, there, reply, later, flew, another, last, in, All, what, back
14. stop, right/rightful, neither, clearly, every/each, school/schoolmates, without, summer, together, spring/summer
15. prefer, means, early/earlier, late/later, cheaper, money, country, own, interest, happiness/home, cinemas, outside, sea,
16. passed, smoke, fire, danger, water, with, window/ windows, surprise, wet, angrily
17. ago, stay/ study, around, worst, freely, difficulties, thank, improve
18. seem/ sound, eyes, holding, feel, really, better, example, between, must, see
19. made, came, old/ older, inventions, For, dressed, writing
20. use, carefully, warm, to/ through, press, minutes
21. machine, person, write, remember, fly, called, fast/ faster, what, pay, chess
22. like, boats, built, building/buildings, thousand, tired, moved, safe
23. part, drinks, busy/ business, always/ already, makes, increase, faster, beat, found, harmful
24. change, night, because, answer/ answers, reported, bad, work/ working, still
25. slow/ slower, save, understand, fast/faster, several, eyes, letters, improve/improving
26. much, sides, life/lives, thankful, spent, doctor, dangerous, save
27. few, make, use, children/child, after, both, successful, mistake
28. perhaps/ probably, without, machine, months, how, played, music, easier
29. lovely/ lively, buildings, smaller/ smarter, less, money, wonderful, safer, either
30. beautiful/ boring, sand/ sandy, mountains, surprised, around/ about, cooler
31. around, passed, along, small/ strange, across, end, comes, enjoyed, seen, interest
32. policeman/ police, clothes, from, sit, listen, want, hear, catch, works, protect
33. German, holiday, teacher/trainer, hardly, met, behind, learned, ready
34. how, Chinese/ China, date, different, left, names, like, end
35. noticed, prices, pass, more/ much, smaller, stays, gets, larger
36. Americans/ Australians, feeding, treated, just, Blind, when/ while, without, shown, improve alone
37. prepare, big/bigger, language/ languages, useful, how, continue, successful, when/ whenever, other, way
38. offered, refused, walked, agreed, angry, sell, away/ ahead, swim
39. understand, meeting, expect, arrive, language, found, example, prefer, each, before
40. until, right, open, other, both, secret, changed, meant, left, faster
41. built, most, also, one, straight, worse, floors, tall, side, ground
42. events, made, wish, everyone&s, to, if, coming, against, difficulties, reached
43. Unluckily/ Unfortunately, else, end, seemed, enough, much, past
44. along, rains, next, above, least, seriously, when, were, useful, homes
45. listening, only, example, find, interested, good, working, other, like, success,
46. first, won, Since, During, true
47. if, easy/easier, trouble, believe, bring, messages, angry, problem, necessary, carrying
48. next, still, so, found, By, problems, rest
49. pleased, from, foreign, favourite, films, tells, But, study, says/shows, really
50. strong, groups, plants, wood, killed, near, leave, after, through, eaten
51. mistake, happened, worst, hotel, night, drinks, full, left, luckier, business
52. white, much, ready, dry, yourself, understand, Easy, candle, warm, look.
&&最后修改于
作者已禁止网友对该文进行评论}

我要回帖

更多关于 ousaid键盘灯怎么关 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信