初三英语选择题。题

欢迎你,    
  在中考英语复习的过程中,同学们可以多做一些练习题来巩固英语知识点。新东方在线中考网整理了《2017中考英语一模测试题(有答案)》,希望对同学们有所帮助。  点击下载:2017中考英语...
来源:新东方在线10月19日 17:40
  新东方在线中考网整理了《2017中考英语第一次摸底试题及答案》,供同学们参考,希望对大家的中考英语复习有所帮助。  点击下载:2017中考英语第一次摸底试题及答案  一. 单项选择 ...
来源:新东方在线10月19日 17:36
  为了帮助同学们复习2017中考英语,新东方在线中考网整理了《2017中考英语一模试卷练习(带答案)》,希望对大家的中考英语学习有所帮助。  点击下载:2017中考英语一模试卷练习(带答案)...
来源:新东方在线10月19日 17:33
  2016中考英语已经开始复习,新东方在线中考网整理了《2014北京中考英语单项选择详解(下载版)》,供同学们参考。更多2016中考最新资讯、2016中考录取分数、2016中考体育将不断更新,敬请...
来源:新东方在线11月03日 12:02
  新东方在线中考网整理了《2015武汉二中广雅初三月考英语试卷》,供同学们参考。更多2016中考最新资讯、2016中考录取分数、2016中考体育将不断更新,敬请关注新东方在线中考网。  下载...
来源:新东方在线10月15日 16:05
  中考真题是中考复习中最重要的复习资料之一,通过对历年真题的分析,同学们可以找出中考常考的考点和一些答题技巧。新东方在线中考网为了初三生方便中考复习,对中考试题进行了分类整理...
来源:新东方在线02月25日 11:31
  中考真题是中考复习中最重要的复习资料之一,通过对历年真题的分析,同学们可以找出中考常考的考点和一些答题技巧。新东方在线中考网为了初三生方便中考复习,对中考试题进行了分类整理...
来源:新东方在线02月25日 10:21
来源:新东方在线02月25日 10:19
来源:新东方在线02月13日 12:13
来源:新东方在线02月13日 11:46
来源:新东方在线02月12日 14:46
来源:新东方在线02月12日 14:43
来源:新东方在线02月12日 14:40
来源:新东方在线02月12日 14:38
来源:新东方在线02月12日 14:33
初中网络课堂
初三秋季班
初二秋季班
初一秋季班
中考【英语】秋季强化提升班(全国通用版)
初一【英语】秋季同步提升班(全国通用版)
初二【英语】秋季同步提升班(全国通用版)
中考【物理】秋季强化提升班(全国通用版)
初二【语文】秋季同步提升班(全国通用版)
中考【语文】秋季强化提升班(全国通用版)
中考【数学】秋季强化提升班(人教版)
初二【物理】秋季同步提升班(全国通用版)
初一【语文】秋季同步提升班(全国通用版)
中考【化学】秋季强化提升班(谭龙全国...
初一【数学】秋季同步提升班(人教版)
初二【数学】秋季同步提升班(人教版)
中考【数学】秋季强化提升班(北师版)
中考【化学】秋季强化提升班(肖嵘全国...
初二【数学】秋季同步提升班(北师版)
中考网络课堂
实用 o 工具
交流 o 下载
中考课程排行榜
中考公开课
新东方在线官方微博初三英语阅读理解题(1)
A Clever Bird
  A man has a bird. It is very clever. Every day the man speaks to the bird.&Hello!&he says. &Hello!&the bird answers.&What are you doing?&says the man.&What are you doing?&says the bird.
  The man is not at home one day. A thief comes in. He is taking many things.&Hello!&The thief hears the bird's words.&What are you doing?&The thief is very afraid,so he does not take any things and runs out of the house.
  1. The man teaches the bird ________.
   &A. how to say something            &B. how to sing songs
   &C. how to eat something            &D. how to dance
  2. The bird is ________.
   &A. very nice               &B. very clever
   &C. very beautiful             &D. very silly(傻的)
  3. The man speaks to the bird ________.
   &A. sometimes                &B. once a week
   &C. every week               &D. every day
  4. The thief is taking ________ things from the house.
   &A. a few        &B. a little   
   &C. a lot of        &D. some
  5. The thief ________ out of the room.
   &A. walks       &B. comes     
   &C. runs        &D. goes
  1. A   2. B   3. D   4. C   5. C
What Are Stars Like?
  Have you ever wondered about the stars? In some ways,stars are like people. They are born. They grow old. And they die.
  A star is born from dust and gas. Slowly the dust and gas make a ball. The ball gets very hot. Then it starts to give off light. The young star grows into a giant. Many years go by. The older star begins to get small again. At last its light goes out. The star's life is over.
  1. Dust and _________ make a star.
   &A. gas       &&B. snow        &C. rain
  2. This story tells about _________.
   &A. old people   &B. the life of a star   &C. the number of stars in the sky
  3. In the first part of the story,what does the word &wondered&mean?
   &A. moved  &B. looked at  &C. asked yourself
  4. Stars give off light because they are very _________.
   &A. small &B. hot  &C. old
5. You can guess from the story that most stars are around for a _________ time.
   &A. long  B. short     &C. nice
  1.A   2. B   3. C   4. B   5. A
English Learning
  Every year students in many countries learn English. Some of these students are children. Others are young people. Some students learn English at school,and others teach themselves.
  Why do all these people want to learn English? It is very difficult to answer this question.
  Many boys and girls learn English at school because it is one of their subjects. Many people learn English because it is useful in their work. Some young people learn English for their higher studies because some of their books are in English at college or university. Other people learn English because(提要) they want to read newspapers or magazines in English.
  1. 根据短文内容在文中空白处填上恰当的答案。
  Learning ___ is very popular in many countries nowadays.
  It is very ______ to answer why so many people want to learn English.
  There are many________ &for people to learn English.
  2. 根据短文内容进行连线。
  ①Many boys and girls learn English at school because &.
  ②Many people learn English because &.
  ③Some young people learn English for their higher studies because &.
  ④Other people learn English because &.
  A. it is useful in their work.
  B. some of their books are in English at college or university.
  C. it is one of their subjects.
  D. they want to read newspapers or magazines in English.
  1. English,difficult,reasons
  2. ①--C  ②--A  ③--B  ④--D
阅 读 理 解
&&  We spent a day in the country and picked a lot of flowers. Our car was full of flowers inside! On the way home we had to stop at traffic lights , and there my wife saw the bookshelf.
  It stood outside a furniture (家具)shop. &Buy it,& she said at once. &We'll carry it home on the roof-rack (车顶架) . I've always wanted one like that . &
  What could I do? Ten minutes later I was twenty dollars poorer, and the bookshelf was tied on to the roof-rack. It was tall and narrow, quite heavy too .
  As it was getting darker, I drove slowly . Other drivers seemed more polite than usual that evening. The police even stopped traffic to let us through . Carrying furniture was a good idea.
  After a time my wife said, &There's a long line of cars behind . Why don't they overtake (超车) ?&
  Just at that time a police car did overtake. The two officers (警官)inside looked at us seriously when they went past . But then , with a kind smile they asked us to follow their car through the busy traffic. The police car stopped at our village church (教堂) . One of the offices came to me.
  &Right, sir, & he said. &Do you need any more help now?&
  I didn't quite understand . &Thanks, officer, & I said . &You've been very kind. I lived just down the road. &
  He was looking at our things: first at the flowers, then at the bookshelf. &Well, Well, & he said and laughed . &It's a bookshelf you've got there ! We thought it was-er, something else . &
  My wife began to laugh . Suddenly I understood why the police drove here .
  I smiled at the officer. &Yes, it's a bookshelf, but thanks again.& I drove home as fast as I could .
  1 . From the story we know that ___________.
   &A . the writer was poor and didn't buy the bookshelf for his wife
   &B . the writer's wife didn't like the bookshelf at all
   &C . the writer was always glad to buy something for his wife
   &D . the writer was not very dad to buy the bookshelf for his wife
  2 . What made the writer think that carrying furniture was &a good idea&?
   &A . He could drive slowly and it was safe.
   &B . Other drivers would let him go first .
   &C . His wife could use a new bookshelf.
   &D . He could save a lot of money and time.
  3 . Why were the police and other drivers so kind to the writer?
   &A . Because they thought the writer liked studying very much and needed a bookshelf.
   &B . Because they didn't think it was polite to overtake a car with a bookshelf on it .
   &C . Because they thought somebody in the writer's family had died and he needed help .
   &D . Because they thought it was dangerous to carry a bookshelf on a car.
  4 . Why did the writer's wife begin to laugh?
   &A . Because now she knew what mistake the police had made.
   &B . Because at last her husband understood why the police had driven to the church .
   &C . Because the officer was always looking at the flowers and the bookshelf.
   &D . Because the police had helped them a lot .
  5 . When did the officers begin to realize (意识到)they had made a mistake?
   &A . Before they arrived at the church.
   &B . Before they overtook the writer's car
   &C . After one of them looked at the flowers and the bookshelf carefully at the church.
   &D . After the writer's family left the church.
  答案:
  1.D。文中有这样的句子:What could l do? Ten minutes later I was twenty dollars poorer&可以看出作者是出于无奈才买的书架
  2.B。因为大家都为他们让路。
  3.C。此题是推理题,因为书架再加上鲜花,看上去很像棺材,所以其他人对他们都很有礼貌,因为他们认为作者家有人去世了。
  4.A。  5.C。本题是细节题,从文中可直接找到答案。
阅 读 理 解
  Look at the picture. It's a small room. We can see Betty in it. There is a bed and a desk in her room. What's on the wall? It's a map of England. We can see a photo (照片) near the map. It's Betty's photo. We can see a clock on the table. There are some flowers near it. Is her black cat on the bed? No, it's her hat. Where's her bag? It's on the bed, too.
1. Whose (谁的) room is it? &2. Is the room big or small? &
3. What's on the wall? &&&&&&4. Where are the flowers? &
5. What colour is Betty's hat? &
  解答:阅读题对于初学者来说略有困难。学生希望直接从文章中找到答案。有的题可以但有的题却不能。这篇文章介绍的是一幅画。没有提到房间是Betty的,但所介绍的物品与她有关,故房间是Betty的。
  1、答案为It's Betty's.
  2、文章的第二句表明房间小,故答案为It's small.
  3、墙上除了有英国地图外,旁边还有一张照片,故答案为There is a map of England and a photo.
  4、文章没有说花在桌子上,但钟在桌子上,花在它的旁边,当然花在桌子上,故答案为They're on the table.
  5、文章也没讲Betty的帽子是什么颜色,但把床上的帽子误认为黑色的猫。由此可见她的帽子是黑色的,故答案为It's black.
阅 读 理 解
&&  阅读以下名片,并回答问题
  (建议只看一遍)
  Chaoyang Foreign Language School
  Harry Green
  English Teacher
  Add: 38 Chaoyang Street Beijing 100029
  E-mail:
  Tel: (010)
  Beijing Children Hospital
  Zhang jing
  Doctor
  Add: 56 Nanlishi Road Beijing 100045
  Tel: (010)
  阅读以下名片,并回答问题。
  (   ) 1. Harry is a ________, and Zhangjing is a ________.
   &A. teacher, teacher     &B. doctor, doctor     &C. teacher, doctor
  (   ) 2. If child is ill, you may call Zhangjing. Her telephone number is _______
   &A. (010) 6594231   &B. (010)    &C. 100029
  (   ) 3. A card mainly tells us a person's _____.
   &A.name and work   &B. telephone number   &C. both A and B
  (   ) 4. Harry Green e-mail is _________.
   &A.     &B.     &C.
  (   ) 5. Zhang Jing's postal code is _____.
   &A. 100045   &B. 100029   &C. (010)
答案及解析
  C B C A A
  这道题,建议只看一遍是为了测试看你的瞬间记忆能力如何,在实际的日常生活中,我们经常会遇到类似的问题。
阅 读 理 解
  Mr. Smith is our Chinese teacher. He always asks the same student to answer his questions because he doesn't look at the students at all. Yesterday he questioned Dick three times. Dick was very angry. After class Dick asked me, &What shall I do?& I told him a good idea. Now we are having a Chinese class. Mr Smith wants one of us to read the text. &Dick, please read the text.& &Dick isn't here today.& Dick stands up and says. &Oh, I see. you read it, please.&
  1. Mr. Smith teaches us ___.
   &A. English   &B. Maths   &C. Physics  &D. Chinese
  2. He always asks the same student to ___.
   &A. translate the text  &B. read the text   &C. tell a story  &D. answer his questions
  3. Yesterday he questioned Dick ___.
   &A. once &B. twice  &C. three times &D. four times
  4. ___ told Dick a good idea.
   &A. Tim  &B. Mr. Smith  &C. The writer  &D. &I&
  5. Is the idea really good?___.
   &A. yes, it is  &B. No, it isn't  &C. Yes, it does &D. No, it doesn't
  1. D 从第一句话中可以得出答案。
  2. D 从第二句话中可以得出答案。
  3. C 从第三句话中可以得出答案。
  4. D 从& I told him a good idea.&可以得出答案。
  5. B 当然不是,因为史密斯先生根本就不知道谁是迪克,所以当迪克说自己不在时,史密斯转而叫迪克回答问题。
阅 读 理 解
  Most people who work in the office have a boss (老板). So do I (我也是). But my boss is a little unusual. What's unusual about him? It's a big dig. Many men have dogs, but few men bring their dogs to the office every day. My boss's dog. Robinson, is big and brown. My boss brings him to work every day. He takes the dog to meetings and he takes the dog to lunch. When there is telephone call for my boss, I always know if he is in the office. I only look under his desk. If I see something brown and hairy (毛绒绒的) under it, I know my boss is somewhere in the office. If there is no dog , I know my boss is out. 
  1. People _________bring dogs to the office.
   &A. usually         &B. often 
   &C. seldom (几乎不)     &D. sometimes
  2. My boss is Robinson's ________.
   &A. boss          &B. master
   &C. classmate       &D. teacher
  3. Robinson goes to meetings _________ my boss.
   &A. for             &B. without
   &C. instead of (代替)     &D. with
  4. Robinson is always under the desk if the boss is _________.
   &A. in the office       &B. at meetings
   &C. out of the office     &D. out of work
  5. The passage tells us the boss _________ the dog very much.
   &A. looks like   &B. hates (恨)
   &C. likes      &D. trust(信任)
答案及解析
  C B D A C
  1. 由日常生活的常识可知,很少有人带狗上班
  2. 通读全文,我的BOSS 是个人,也就是说是狗的主人
  3. with有&跟某人一起&的意思,例如:I go to see a film with my parents.&
  5. 通过整篇文章的阅读,可以判断除了C外,其他的选项都不符合原文的意思
&&  Mary is a little girl.She is only five.She doesn't go to school.Of course(当然)she doesn't know how to read and write.But her brother,Tom,is a school-boy.He is ten.
  One day Tom sees his sister at the door with a pen in her hand and a large piece of paper in front of her.
  &What are you doing,Mary?&he says.&I'm writing a letter to my friend Kitty&,says Mary.&But how can you?&says her brother.&You do not know how to write&.
  &Well,&says Mary.&It does not matter(没关系)because Kitty does not know how to read&.
  1.Mary is not a school girl.  &&  &&
  2.Tom does not know how to read and write.  &&  &&
  3.One day Mary is flying a kite in the room.  &&  &&
  4.Mary and Kitty are good friends.  &&  &&
  5.Kitty is a middle school student.  &&  &&
答案:1.& 2.& 3.& 4.& 5.&
阅 读 理 解
  Mrs Brown's telephone number was 3464, and the number of the cinema in her town was 5463, so people often made a mistake and telephoned her when they wanted the cinema.
  One evening the telephone bell rang and Mrs Brown answered it. A tired man said, &At what time does your last film begin?&
  &I'm sorry,& said Mrs Brown, &but you have wrong number. That is not the cinema. &
  &Oh, it began twenty minutes ago?& said the man. &I'm sorry about that. Goodbye! &
  Mrs Brown was very surprised. So she told her husband. He laughed and said, &The man's wife wanted to go to the cinema, but he was feeling tired, so he telephoned the cinema. His wife heard him, but she didn't hear you. Now they will stay at home this evening, and the husband will be happy! &
  根据短文判断正误:(T or F)
   &l. Mrs Brown knew a lot about The films, so people often telephoned her.
   &2. The man made a mistake and telephoned her.
   &3. The man didn't want to see a film because his wife was feeling tired.
   &4. The man and his wife didn't  go to the cinema because the film had already begun (已开始)。
   &5. The man telephoned just to cheat (骗) his wife.
解答:1.F  2.T  3.F  4.F  5.T
  (第1题布朗常常接到电话并不是她对电影非常了解,而是她家的电话号码与影院的号码只差一个数,人们经常打错。第3题那位男子并不是因为他妻子累才不想看电影,而是他自己累。第4题夫妇没去看电影不是因为电影已经开始了,而是丈夫根本不愿去,故意说电影已经开始了。)
John and Sally are in the same school. Their home is far (远)from school. They get up early in the morning and take the early bus after breakfast. Sometimes they have lunch in the restaurant. John likes hamburgers and meat. But Sally likes vegetables and fruit. After lunch John goes to play volleyball and Sally goes to the classroom. She sings English songs or listen to music.
  根据短文内容,判断下列句子正(T)误(F)。
   &1. John and Sally go to a different school.
   &2. They go to school on foot(步行) every day.
   &3. They don&t have lunch at home sometimes.
   &4. Sally&s favourite food is vegetables and meat.
   &5. Sally likes singing or listening to music after lunch.
答案: FFTFT
  解析:这篇文章不是很难,主要是要读懂,答案在文章中都可以找到。
阅 读 理 解
  判断正误。正确的写(T), 错误的写 (F).
  Rick: Wow! Bill! This music store is really big!
  Bill: Yeah, it is. Well, I want to go to the pop section. Yu Quan (羽泉) has a new CD and I want to buy it.
  Rick: Oh. Is that your favorite pop group?
  Bill: Yes. They are really cool. So, what's your favorite kind of music, Rick?
  Rick: I also like pop and my favorite group is F4, they are fantastic!
  Bill: What about classical music? Do you like classical music?
  Rick: I love classical. Do you know Yo-Yo Ma? He is my favorite musician. He is amazing.
  Bill: Sorry, I really don't like classical, but I think Yo-Yo Ma is great. So, where are the classical CDs?
  Rick: Follow these directions, go upstairs and turn left. They are behind dance music.
  Bill: What about pop CDs?
  Rick: They are on the first floor.
  Bill: Ok, see you later.
   &l. Bill's favorite music is dance.
   &2. Bill's favorite group is Yu Quan.
   &3. Rick's favorite music is classical.
   &4. The classical CDs are on the first floor.
   &5. Rick likes classical music but he doesn't like pop.
   &6. Bill wants to buy a new CD of F4.
  1. F  2.T  3.T  4.F  5.F  6.F
阅 读 理 解
  Look at the clothes line in the twins' bedroom. There are some clothes on it. You can see a green blouse and a yellow skirt. The trousers on the clothes line are black. They are not new but clean. Are they Lily's clothes? No. I know they are Lucy's. Lily's clothes are on a clothes tree near the window. Her trousers are brown, her blouse is white and her skirt is blue. There is a new hat on the clothes tree, but it's not Lily's, it's Lucy's. There is an old hat on Lucy's bed in the room, it's Lily's. There are no clothes on the other bed, the bed is Lily's.
  1. What can you see in the bedroom? I can see __________.
   &A. a clothes line    &B. a tree    &C. a bed
  2. What colour are Lucy's trousers? They are ________.
   &A. green        &B. black        &C. brown
  3. Where is Lucy's hat? It's on _________.
   &A. the clothes tree     &B. the clothes line     &C. lily's bed
  4. How many beds are there in the room? ________.
   &A. only one        &B. three        &C. two
  5. Are there any things on Lily's bed? ________.
   &A. Yes, there is a hat on it
   &B. No, there is not anything on it
   &C. Sorry, I don't know
  1.从第一句&Look at the clothes line in the twins' bedroom.&可以看出,应选A。
  2.从&The trousers on the clothes line are black.&和后面的&Are they Lily's clothes? No. I know they are Lucy's.& 判断,应选B。
  3.从&There is a new hat on the clothes tree, but it's not Lily's, it's Lucy's.&可以断定,应该选A。
  4.整篇文章都谈的是双胞胎Lily和Lucy的房间里的东西,通读全文得知,房间里有两张床。应该选C。
  5.从本文最后一句来看,应该选B。
阅 读 理 解
  The earth moves round the sun, and the moon moves round the earth. When our part (部分) of the earth turns to the sun, it is day. When our part of the earth turns away from the sun, it is night.
  The sun is much bigger than the moon. But sometimes the moon looks bigger than the sun, because it's much nearer to the earth.
  The sun is very bright. It gives a very strong light. The moon looks quite bright, too. But it doesn't give any light at all.
  The moon looks much bigger and brighter than the stars. But in fact the stars are much bigger and brighter than the moon. They look smaller than the moon because they're much farther away from us.
  1. ________ moves round __________.
   &A. The earth, the moon     &B. The moon, the earth
   &C. The moon, the stars     &D. The sun, the earth
  2. Sometimes the moon looks bigger than the sun, because ________.
   &A. it is much bigger than the sun  &B. it comes out only at night
   &C. it is much nearer to the earth than the sun
   &D. it doesn't give a very strong light
  3. The sun __________.
   &A. gives us light &B. gives more light than the moon does
   &C. moves round the earth
   &D. makes the moon move round the earth
  4. The stars ___________.
   &A. look much bigger than the sun
   &B. look much brighter than the moon
   &C. are a lot brighter than the moon, but they are not bigger than the moon
   &D. are much farther away from us than the moon
  5. The moon looks bright because ___________.
   &A. it gives light  &B. it reflects (反射) the sun's light
   &C. it is nearer to the earth  &D. it is nearer to the sun
  1-5  B C A D B
  这篇文章不是很难理解,只要弄清楚地球、月亮、太阳的有关知识就能作出来
  关键是不要被文章所迷惑
阅 读 理 解
&&  When people meet each other for the first time in Britain, they say &How do you do?&and shake hands(握手). Usually they do not shake hands when they just meet or say goodbye. But they shake hands after they haven&t met for a long time or when they will be away from each other for a long time.
  Last year a group of German students went to England for a holiday. Their teacher told them that the English people hardly shake hands. So when they met their English friends at the station, they kept their hands behind their backs. The English students had learned that the Germans shake hands as often as possible, so they put their hands in front and got ready to shake hands with them. It made both of them laugh.
  根据短文内容选择最佳答案,将其标号填入题前括号内。(2&5)
  (1)It is     if you know the language and some of the customs of the country.
    &A.not usefu   &B.not helpful   &C.very helpful   &D.very bad
  (2)English people usually shake hands when they     .
    &A.meet every time          &B.meet for the first time 
    &C.say goodbye to each other     &D.say hello to each other
  (3)Usually English people don&t shake hands     .
    &A.when they will be away for a long time
    &B.when they say&How do you do?&
    &C.when they just meet or say goodbye
    &D.after they haven&t met for a long time
  (4)Which is right?
    &A.German people shake hands as often as possible.
    &B.English people like shaking hands very much.
    &C.German people hardly shake hands.
    &D.Neither English people nor Germans like shaking hands.
  (5)This story is about     .
    &A.shaking hands   &B.languages
    &C.customs       &D.languages and customs
  (1) C    (2) B    (3) C    (4) A    (5) C
阅 读 理 解
  Look at the clothes line in the twins' bedroom. There are some clothes on it. You can see a green blouse and a yellow skirt. The trousers on the clothes line are black. They are not new but clean. Are they Lily's clothes? No. I know they are Lucy's. Lily's clothes are on a clothes tree near the window. Her trousers are brown, her blouse is white and her skirt is blue. There is a new hat on the clothes tree, but it's not Lily's, it's Lucy's. There is an old hat on Lucy's bed in the room, it's Lily's. There are no clothes on the other bed, the bed is Lily's.
  1. What can you see in the bedroom? I can see __________.
   &A. a clothes line    &B. a tree    &C. a bed
  2. What colour are Lucy's trousers? They are ________.
   &A. green        &B. black        &C. brown
  3. Where is Lucy's hat? It's on _________.
   &A. the clothes tree     &B. the clothes line     &C. lily's bed
  4. How many beds are there in the room? ________.
   &A. only one        &B. three        &C. two
  5. Are there any things on Lily's bed? ________.
   &A. Yes, there is a hat on it
   &B. No, there is not anything on it
   &C. Sorry, I don't know
  1.从第一句&Look at the clothes line in the twins' bedroom.&可以看出,应选A。
  2.从&The trousers on the clothes line are black.&和后面的&Are they Lily's clothes? No. I know they are Lucy's.& 判断,应选B。
  3.从&There is a new hat on the clothes tree, but it's not Lily's, it's Lucy's.&可以断定,应该选A。
  4.整篇文章都谈的是双胞胎Lily和Lucy的房间里的东西,通读全文得知,房间里有两张床。应该选C。
  5.从本文最后一句来看,应该选B。
阅 读 理 解
&&  When people meet each other for the first time in Britain, they say &How do you do?&and shake hands(握手). Usually they do not shake hands when they just meet or say goodbye. But they shake hands after they haven&t met for a long time or when they will be away from each other for a long time.
  Last year a group of German students went to England for a holiday. Their teacher told them that the English people hardly shake hands. So when they met their English friends at the station, they kept their hands behind their backs. The English students had learned that the Germans shake hands as often as possible, so they put their hands in front and got ready to shake hands with them. It made both of them laugh.
  根据短文内容选择最佳答案,将其标号填入题前括号内。(2&5)
  (1)It is     if you know the language and some of the customs of the country.
    &A.not usefu   &B.not helpful   &C.very helpful   &D.very bad
  (2)English people usually shake hands when they     .
    &A.meet every time          &B.meet for the first time 
    &C.say goodbye to each other     &D.say hello to each other
  (3)Usually English people don&t shake hands     .
    &A.when they will be away for a long time
    &B.when they say&How do you do?&
    &C.when they just meet or say goodbye
    &D.after they haven&t met for a long time
  (4)Which is right?
    &A.German people shake hands as often as possible.
    &B.English people like shaking hands very much.
    &C.German people hardly shake hands.
    &D.Neither English people nor Germans like shaking hands.
  (5)This story is about     .
    &A.shaking hands   &B.languages
    &C.customs       &D.languages and customs
  (1) C    (2) B    (3) C    (4) A    (5) C
阅 读 理 解
  The salmon(大麻哈鱼) is a very strange fish.  It is born in a river.  But the young salmon takes 2 years to swim down the rivers towards the Pacific Ocean.  For another 2 years it lives in the sea and becomes full grown.  Then it returns to the river where it was born.
  A grown-up  salmon weighs about 25 pounds and is nearly three feet long.  The female salmon will not lay the eggs(产卵) in the Pacific Ocean.  When it is almost time to lay them, both male and female salmon begin a great journey.  Each salmon is heading for the river where it was born.  A salmon may be a thousand miles from where its life began, yet it is able to return to that place.
  As the salmon swim, larger fish attack(袭击) them.  The salmon are food for some other fish. Some are caught by fishermen.  The salmon that are left keep swimming.
  After they enter the rivers, they head upstream(向上游).  If rocks and waterfalls(瀑布) are in their way, the salmon leap(跳) over them.  A salmon can leap up a fall as high as ten feet.  It leaps by swimming at full speed under water, then rising to the surface.  Almost the whole body of a salmon is made of muscle(肌肉).  It is these powerful muscles that make the salmon fit for fast swimming, turning quickly, and leaping high out of the water.
  Some reach their river in summer, others in the early autumn.  They have come hundreds, even thousands of miles and it has taken them weeks and months.
  Choose the correct answer.
   1. The young salmon was born _____ and grows up _____.
   &A. in a river...in the river  &B. in a river...in the sea
   &C. in a sea...in the sea  &D. in a sea...in the river
  2. _____, both male and female salmon will return to where they were born.
   &A. When it is almost time for a female salmon to lay eggs
   &B. After the female salmon has laid the eggs
   &C. When they weigh 25 pounds and are nearly three feet long
   &D. After they have lived in the Pacific Ocean for 4 years
  3. On their way back to the birth place, _____ salmon are eaten by larger fish and _____ caught by fishermen.
   &A. most...the others  &B. some...the others
   &C. most...the rest &D. some...others
  4. _____ swims down the rivers toward the Pacific Ocean while _____ swims upstream to the river where it was born.
   &A. The young salmon...the grown-up salmon
   &B. A male salmon...a female salmon
   &C. A baby salmon...both male and female salmon
   &D. A grown-up salmon...a baby salmon
  5. Powerful muscles make the salmon _____ swim fast, turn quickly and leap high out of the water.
   &A. fit for &&&B. can  &C. to  &D. able to
答案 B A D A D
  My name is Kate. Mr. Zhou is my father and I'm his daughter. My mother is an American, but my father is a Chinese. I have a brother. His name is Jim. We are studying in China now. Jim and I study in the same middle school, but in different grades. We go to school at seven in the morning and come back home after school in the afternoon. We have some Chinese friends . We love China.
  1. How many people are there in Kate's family?
   &A. 3     &B. 4     &C. 5     &D. 6
  2. Who is Chinese in Kate's family?
   &A. Kate's father.  &B. Kate's mother.  &C. Kate's parents.  &D. Kate's brother.
  3. When do they go to school in the morning?
   &A. At six thirty. &B. At seven. &C. At seven ten.  &D. At eight.
  4. Jim and Kate are in _______.
   &A. different schools  &B. the same school  &C. different grades &D. Both B and C
  5. Kate and Jim have some Chinese _______.
   &A. fathers &&B. mothers &C. friends &D. books
  1. B  2. A  3. B  4. D  5. C
  讲解:
  3.Jim和Kate每天早上都是7点钟出门去学校。
  4.Jim和Kate在同一个学校但不同年级。
  Look! A nice watch is on the desk, and it is new. The colour of the watch is pink. It is a small watch for girls. What's the time on it? It's a quarter past ten. Whose is it? Let's ask Lucy. &Lucy, is this watch yours?& &Let me have a look. Yes, it is. &&Put it on, please. You must look after your things.& &Thank you very much, Jim. &
  1. The watch is _______.
   &A. old  &B. new  &C. black &D. white
  2. The watch is a __________ watch.
   &A. boy's  &B. man's   &C. girl's  &D. woman's
  3. The time on the watch is _______.
   &A. ten o'clock  &B. ten thirty &C. five to ten &D. ten fifteen
  4. It's ______ watch.
   &A. Lily's &B. my  &C. Han Mei's  &D. Lucy's
  5. Who sees the watch?
   &A. Nobody. &B. Jim.  &C. Miss Gao.  &D. I don't know.
  1. B  2. C  3. D  4. D  5. B
  讲解:
  2.&It&s a small watch for girls&这是女孩带的手表。
  3.由&It&s a quarter past ten&可知,手表上显示的时间是10点1刻,即10:15。
  5.Lucy向Jim道谢,因此是Jim发现的那只手表。
  Come here and look at these pictures. This is a picture of a man, Mr. Brown, and a boy, Richard Brown. Mr. Brown is Richard Brown's father. And Richard Brown is Mr. Brown's son. This is a picture of a woman, Mrs. Brown, and a girl, Mary Brown. Mrs. Brown is Mr. Brown's wife(妻子) and Mary Brown's mother. Mary Brown is Richard's sister.
  1. Mary's father is________.
   &A. Richard   &B. Richard Brown   &C. Mr. Richard  &D. Mr. Brown
  2. The mother of Richard is ________.
   &A. Mary &B. Miss Mary  &C. Mrs. Mary  &D. Mrs. Brown
  3. Richard Brown is ______.
   &A. Mary's sister &B. Richard's brother &C. Mr. Brown's son &&D. Mary's son
  4. Mr. Brown' s daughter is_______.
   &A. Richard's sister &B. the wife of Richard
   &C. Richard's friend  &D. Mrs. Brown
  5. There are _________ people in the two picture.
   &A. eight  &B. six  &C. five  &D. four
  1. D  2. D  3. C  4. A  5. D
初三英语阅读理解题(2)
阅读理解(1)
Ticket Prices for Shanghai Expo
&&&&&&&&Time
Pre-sale(预售)Ⅰ
Mar. 27,2009
~Jun. 30,2009
Pre-sale Ⅱ
Jul. 1,2009
~Dec. 31,2009
Pre-sale Ⅲ
Jan. 1,2010
~Apr. 30,2010
Expo Session(期间)May. 1,2010
~Oct. 31,2010
Peak Day Ticket
(指定日门票)
Standard Day Ticket
(平日门票)
3-Day Ticket
7-Day Ticket
Evening Ticket
( &&)1.If Joe wanted to buy the cheapest ticket for Peak Day,he could book(预定)one during &&&&&.
&& A.Pre - sale Ⅰ&& B.Pre & sale Ⅱ&&& C.Pre & sale Ⅲ D.Expo Session
( &&)2.On March 1,2010,Sue bought two Standard Day tickets for her parents.
She paid &&&&for them.
A.¥380 &&& B.¥300 &&& C.¥260 D.¥180
( &&)3.It cost Thomas ¥160 to get a ticket for Standard Day.He probably bought it on &&&&&.
&&&&&&&A.April 23,2009 &B.August l,2009 &&C.February 2,2010 &D.May 20,2010
( &&)4.Kathy spent 900 yuan on a ticket for Shanghai Expo.Her visit can last &&&&&&days.
A.one &&& B.three &&& C.seven D.ten
( &&)5.Visitors to Shanghai Expo could buy &&&&&&&tickets only after May 1,2010.
A. morning &&& B.afternoon &&& C.evening D.midnight
&&&&On February 3rd,1949,New York Harbor(港)was an exciting place.Many people were there to greet a ship from France.On the ship were 49 French railroad boxcars(火车车厢)filled with gifts from the people of France to the people of America.These boxcars were from the famous Merci Train(Merci:a French word meaning &thank you&).
After World War II(二战),a lot of factories,roads and farms in France had been destroyed.Many French people had no jobs or money and had little to wear and little to eat.In the winter of 1947,a train was sent across the United States,stopping in cities and towns along the way.At every stop,people gave whatever they could.Factories gave clothing and medicine.Farmers gave food.Families gave money.Even school children gave away their pocket money.All the things were then taken to France by ship.
By 1949,the French had begun to recover(恢复)from the war.The Merci Train was their way of saying &thank you& to America.French people had filled the boxcars with gifts.Most of them&were personal,like hand - made toys,children&s drawings,or postcards.But the boxcars themselves were perhaps the most meaningful of the gifts.On each car,the French people had painted the pictures of all their 40 provinces.with an American eagle on the front.The boxcars were taken to each state of America,where they were warmly greeted.
Now many of the states still keep their boxcars.Gifts sent by the French people can still be seen in some museums.The Merci Train came out of the war,but it now reminds the world that countries can also work together in peace.
( &&)6.Many people crowded at New York Harbor on February 3rd,1949 to &&&&&&&&&.
&&&&A.welcome the Merci Train &&& B.meet their families
&&&&C.have a big party D.start a trip by ship
( &&)7.In 1947,a train stopped in cities across America in order to &&&&&&&&&&.
&&&&A.give away clothing and food &&& B.get more soldiers for the war
C.collect things to help French people D.show exhibitions from the museums
( &&)8.The underlined word &them& in Paragraph 3 refers to(指)&&&&&&&&.
&&&&A.the American people B.the French people C.the boxcars D.the gifts
( &&)9.The French people painted their 40 provinces and an American eagle on each boxcar because&&&&.
A.they thought France was stronger than America
&&&&&B.it could show the friendship between the two countries
C.the boxcars would be more beautiful D.they were very good at painting pictures
( &&)10.The passage is mainly about &&&&&&&&.
&&&&&&&A.the story of the Merci Train &&&&B.American museums where the boxcars kept
&&&&&&&C.gifts that American people liked D.World War II
①The Dream It is everyone&s dream to work at home or not work at all.You can plan your own hours and work when you want to.There is no more rush hour and no hours that people waste when they get to and from a job every day.
②The Fact&The fact is that this dream can be attained.You can stay at home,work when you want to and make money when you need to.There are plenty of opportunities for you to make money at home,just by using your computer and the Internet.
③Start Today! Educate yourself,look closely into all the opportunities and decide on what works best for you.It will not happen during one night,but you can make the decision today and start to make it happen today.
④How Could You Do It? Do you have a blog(博客)or a personal website like millions of other people? &Are you using it to make money? Most of these blog and website owners are not.But you can do that!
⑤&&&&&&&&&&When you have your computer and the Internet working for you,your businesses will be working for you 24 hours a day,seven days a week.You will make money while you sleep,travel or do whatever you want to do all day long.
⑥Get Going! There are many ways you can make money with your computer.And you can begin your Stay & at & home businesses with just a little money.What are you waiting for ?
( &&)1l.In which part of a newspaper would you most probably read this passage?
A.Sports &&& B.News &&& C.Culture D.Business
( &&)12.What does the underlined word&attained&in Point ②&mean ?
A.Broken &&& B.Realized &&& C.Lost D.Destroyed
&( &&)13.What&s the best title for Point ⑤&?
&&&&&&&A.Sleep 24 Hours a Day &&& B.Make Money Every Moment
&&&&&&C.Play All Day Long D.Travel Around the World
&( &&)14.Which of the following is NOT TRUE&according to the passage ?
&&&&&&&A.People need a lot of money to start a stay & at & home business.
&&&&&&&B.People can even use their blogs to make money.
&&&&&&&C.People can plan their own time when they work at home.
D.People can make the best decision and start to make it happen today.
&( &&)15.How is the passage organized ?
A.By using famous people&s words. &&& B.By giving reasons only.
C.By showing a topic and giving solutions D.By telling old stories
The weather is getting hotter. You are thirsty playing basketball or riding home from school. A cold drink may &be just the thing. But be careful what you are drinking. Something that looks cool may not be good for your health.
There are plenty of &energy drinks& on the market. Most of them have beautiful colors and cool names. The lists on them tell you they are helpful to your health. Sounds great! &&
But after a careful check you may find that most energy drinks have lots of caffeine (咖啡因) in them. These drinks are especially aimed at young people, students, busy people and sports players. Makers sometimes say their drinks make you better at sports and can keep you awake. But be careful not to drink too much.
Caffeine makes your heart beat fast. Because of this, the International Olympic Committee has limited( 限制) its use. Caffeine in most energy drinks is at least as strong as that in a cup of coffee or tea. Possible health dangers have something to do with energy drinks. Just one box of energy drink can make you nervous, have difficulty sleeping and can even cause heart problems. Scientists say that teenagers should be discouraged&from taking drinks with a lot of caffeine in them.
( &&)6. Many people like drinking energy drinks because of the following EXCEPT that ________.
A. they have beautiful colors and cool names
B. they have lots of caffeine
C. they can keep them awake and better at sports
D. they are said to be helpful to health
( &&)7. The main reason for people not to drink too much energy drinks is that they may cause _____.
A. heart problems &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. nervousness &&
C. sleeping difficulty &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. possible health dangers
( &&)8. The underlined word &discouraged& can be replaced(替换) with &________&.
A. encouraged &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. stopped
C. helped &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. disliked
( &&)9. From the passage we can know that _________.
A. advertisements are important in getting people to buy energy drinks
B. energy drinks are helpful to teenagers' study
C. sports players need to drink a lot of energy drinks
D. energy drinks are especially aimed at teenagers
( &&)10. Which of the following can be the best title(标题) of the passage?
A. What's the Use of Energy Drinks? &&&B. Who Can Drink Energy Drinks
C. What's That in Energy Drinks? &&&&&&D. Why Can't We Buy Energy Drinks?
As a child, I was really afraid of the dark and of getting lost. These fears were very real and caused me some uncomfortable moments.
Maybe it was the strange way things looked and sounded in my own room at night that scared me so much. There was never complete darkness, but always a streetlight or passing
car lights, which made clothes on the back of a chair take on the shape of a wild animal. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the curtains(窗帘) seem to move when there was no wind. A very low sound in the floor would seem a hundred times louder than in the day. My imagination (想象) would run wild, and my heart would beat fast. I would lie very still so that the &enemy(敌人) & would not discover me.
Another of my childhood fears was that I would get lost, especially on the way home from school. Every morning I got on the school bus right near my home. That was no problem. After school, though, when all the buses were lined up along the street, I was afraid that I would get in the wrong one and be taken to some other strange places. On school or family trips to a park or a museum, I wouldn't let the leaders out of my sight.
Perhaps one of the worst fears of all I had as a child was that of not being liked or accepted by others. Being popular was so important to me then, and the fear of not being liked was a serious one.
One of the processes(过程) growing up is being able to realize and overcome&our fears. Understanding the things that scared us as children helps us achieve greater success later in life.
( &&)11. The author had _________kind(s) of fears when she was a child.
A. one B. two C. three D. none
( &&)12. _________ would scare the author at night.
A. Streetlight and car lights &&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. Wild animals and enemies
C. Moving curtains and wind &&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. Strange sights and sounds
( &&)13. When she went to some other places, she would _________.
A. walk away without others &&B. take a bus by herself
C. follow others closely &&&&D. make sure not to take a wrong bus
( &&)14. Which of the following would be possibly true when she was a child?
A. She was usually popular among people. &B. She was always the leader of the others.
C. She always' got poor grades. &D. She was not at all liked by others.
( &&)15. The underlined word &overcome& means &_________& in Chinese.
A. 接受 &&&B. 忍受 C. 信服 &&D. 克服
阅读理解(3)
Sixteen years ago a boy gave me an important gift. It was a smile.
&&&&It was the early autumn of my first year at a middle school, and my old school was far away. As a result, no one knew who I was. I was very lonely, and afraid to speak to anyone.
Every time I heard the other students talking and laughing, I felt my heart break. I couldn&t talk with anyone about my problems.
&&&&Then one day, when my classmates were talking happily with their friends, I was sitting at my desk unhappily as usual. At that moment, a boy entered the classroom. I didn&t know who he was. He passed by me and then turned back. He looked at me, with a smile.
&&&&Suddenly, I felt the touch of something bright and friendly. It made me feel happy and warm. That smile changed my life. I started to talk with other students and made friends. Day by day, I became closer to everyone in my class. The boy with the lucky smile has become my best friend now.
&&&&One day I asked him why he had smiled, but he couldn&t remember doing so!
&&&&It doesn&t matter because all the dark days have gone. I believe that the world is what you think it is. If you think it is lonely, you might always be alone. So smile at the world and it will smile back.
( &&)1. When did the writer get the gift?
A. At the age of 16. &&&&B. After making friends with the boy.
C. In the first year at a middle school. &D. After becoming closer to everyone in the class.
( &&)2. Why was the smile an important gift?
A. Because the writer&s old school was far away.
B. Because the writer didn&t know who the boy was.
C. Because the smile didn&t mean anything to the boy.
D. Because the writer felt lonely and had no friends and it made her feel happy and warm.
( &&)3. Why didn&t the writer talk to anyone in her new school about her problems?
A. Because she was always unhappy.
B. Because she didn&t know anyone at the time.
C. Because she was in the first year at the junior high school.
D. Because she didn&t want her parents to worry about her.
( &&)4. How did the smile change her life?
A. She started to make friends. &&&B. She became the best friend of the boy.
C. Her parents didn&t worry about her any more. &&D. She realized that she was lonely.
( &&)5. Where does she now think her feeling of unhappiness came from?
A. From her old school. B. From her parents.
C. From herself. D. From her classmates at the new school.
Almost every day, we discuss the topic of health, especially for kids. But what is health? &Health& means eating well, getting enough exercise, and having a healthy weight. Let&s read the following rules. They can help you stay healthy.
(1). Eat a variety of&food, especially fruit and vegetables. We all know that eating fruit and vegetables can help us stay healthy, but many of us only eat our favorite food. Remember that we can only get the nutrition (营养) we need by eating different kinds of food, especially fruit and vegetables.
(2). Drink water and milk most often. Everyone knows that water is important. Besides that, kids need plenty of calcium (钙) to grow strong bones, and milk is rich in it. Every day, you should drink at least three cups of milk, when you are 9 years old or older. You should also try to have less sugary drinks, like soda and coca. They include a lot of sugar. Sugar only includes calories (热量), not important nutrition.
(3). Listen to your body. When you are eating, notice how your body feels.&When your stomach feels comfortably full, stop eating. Eating too much makes you feel uncomfortable. If you do it too often, it can make you unhealthy and fat.
(4). Limit screen time. What&s screen time? It&s the amount of time you spend watching TV, movies and playing computer games. The more time you spend on these sitting-down activities, the less time you spend playing sports, like basketball, and doing other activities like riding and swimming. Try to spend no more than 2 hours a day on screen time.
( &&)6. In this passage, &health& includes all of the following EXCEPT ______.
A. eating well B. doing more exercise
C. having a healthy weight &&&& D. wearing comfortable clothes
( &&)7. The underlined phrase &a variety of& means ______.
A. plenty of B. all kinds of &&&& C. the rest of D. a lot of
( &&)8. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. Eating more fruit and vegetables is good for people.
B. We should eat and drink things with little sugar.
C. We should spend the same time on both sitting-down activities and sports.
D. When we are full, we should stop eating, no matter how delicious the food is.
( &&)9. Screen time is the time that you spend ______.
A. playing computer games &&&&&&& B. watching movies &&&&
C. watching TV &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. All of above
( &&)10. What&s the main idea of the passage?
A. How to eat healthy food. B. Eating and playing are both important.
C. Suggestions for staying healthy. D. Health is very important.
In Britain you may often hear &Drop in any time& or &Come to see me soon&, but you can&t really do that. People just say those things to make you feel welcome. It is better to telephone before visiting someone at home. If you receive a written invitation to an event that says &RSVP&, you should reply to let the person who sent the invitation know whether or not you plan to go.
You should never accept an invitation unless you really plan to go. You may refuse by saying, &Thank you for inviting me, but I will not be able to come.& If, after accepting, you are unable to go, be sure to tell those who are expecting you as soon as possible that you will not be there. Although it is not necessarily expected that you give a gift to your host, it is considered polite to do so, especially if you have been invited for a meal. Flowers, chocolate, or a small gift are all appropriate(合适的). A thank-you note or telephone call after the visit is also considered polite and is an appropriate way to express your appreciation for the invitation.
( &&)11. What can you do when a British friend says, &Drop in anytime&?
A. Visit him or her at any time. &&&&&&&&&B. Say no time to him or her seriously.
C. Telephone him or her before visiting. &&D. Visit him or her soon.
( &&)12. What does the underlined word &RSVP& probably mean in Chinese?
A. 请自便 B. 请回复 C. 请审阅 D. 请来访
( &&)13. What should you do if your British friend sends you an invitation but you do not want to go?
A. Do not give him or her an answer.
B. Tell another friend to go instead of you.
C. Tell him or her that you can&t be there for some reason.
D. Tell him or her that you don&t want to go there.
( &&)14. Which of the following is considered impolite in Britain?
&&&&&&&&A. Buy small presents when invited. &&B. Refuse the invitation without telling anyone.
&&&&&&&&C. Write a thank-you note after a visit. &&D. Give a telephone call after a visit.
( &&)15. Where would you probably see this passage?
&&&&&&&&&A. In an invitation. B. In a guidebook. C. On a poster. D. In a newspaper.
阅读理解(4)
For most people, the word &fashion& means &clothes&. But people may ask the question, &What clothes are in fashion?& And they use the adjective &fashionable& in the same way:
&&&&&She was wearing a fashionable coat. His shirt was really a fashionable colour.&
&&&&But of course there are fashions in many things, not only in clothes. There are fashions in holidays, in restaurants, in films and books. There are even fashions in school subjects, jobs&and in languages.
&&&&Fashions change as time goes. If you look at pictures of people or things from the past, you will see that fashions have always changed. An English house of 1750 was different from one of 1650. A fashionable man in 1780 looked very different from his grandson in 1860.
&&&&Today fashions change very quickly. Some of this is natural. We hear about things much more quickly than in the past. Newspaper, radios, telephones and television send information from one country to another in a few hours.
New fashions mean that people will buy new things, so you see there is money in fashion.
( &&)1. From this passage we know that &fashion& means ______.
 &&&&A. clothes B. many things
C. most of the popular things D. everything
( &&)2. Which of the following things is fashionable today?
 &&&&A. Surfing on the Internet.
 &&&&B. Having a family dinner on New Year&s Day.
 &&&&C. Learning to sing songs on the radio.
 &&&&D. Doing morning exercises at school.
( &&)3. Today fashions change very quickly because _______.
 &&&&A. people read newspaper every day
 &&&&B. radios send information from one country to another
 &&&&C. new things that people like are often shown on TV
 &&&&D. people quickly learn what is happening in the world
( &&)4. &There is money in fashion& means ______.
 &&&&&&A. clothes are expensive B. money comes from fashion
 &&&&&&C. people like new things D. fashions make big money
( &&)5. The best title for the passage is ______.
 &&&&A. Fashions B. Fashion mean clothes
 &&&&C. Fashion means money D.A fashionable colour
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B
Everybody can suffer from stress. No matter what your age is, you can feel stressed out by things that are happening in your life. Teenagers, however, have many more opportunities to get stressed than people in any other age group. Being a teenager is hard. You are not a child any more, but you are not an adult, even though you have to deal with some very grown-up problems and decisions. Families can be one of the biggest causes of stress, such as problems with parents arguing at home. or problems with brothers and sisters. Teenagers also have a lot of stress from school, either from their teachers or from their friends. Some teenagers also feel stressed about choosing their education after high school. Getting a place at university can be very difficult and some cannot afford to go to university. The stress about getting a job when finishing school is hard for some teenagers. There are so many young people finishing school and not enough jobs for them. Sadly, there is nothing we can do to remove these causes of stress from the 1ives of teenagers, but you can learn the best way to deal with it. Talking to people is one of the best ways to deal with stress. It may sound simple, but it is true. A problem shared is a problem halved.
( &&)6. Why is being a teenager often difficult?
A.&Because even though you are not an adult, you must deal with adult problems.
B. Because even though you are an adult, you must deal with children&s problems.
C. Because even though you are a teenager, you must do a lot of homework.
D. Because adults often make them feel stressed.
( &&)7. Families can add to the stress a teenager might experience ______.
A. by asking them to go to university
B. by helping them with their homework
C. as teenagers quarrel with their parents, and their brothers or sisters
D. as families never support their children enough
( &&)8. Why can leaving school be a stressful time for teenagers?
A. Because they will be leaving their favourite teachers.
B. Because many people&s favourite memories are at school.
C. Because they may worry about getting a place at university.
D. Because they may worry about becoming an adult.
( &&)9. Why can finding a job after finishing school be difficult?
A. Because there is a lot of competition for jobs.
B. Because there are no jobs.
C. Because a job is more difficult than school work.
D. Because there is a lot of competition for places at university.
( &&)10. We can deal with the stress in our life ______.
A. by not trying to find a job
B. by forgetting about our problems
C. by getting a place at university
D. by sharing our problems with our friends
&&&&At the World Expo Shanghai 2010, you will be able to see the world in just one day.
The World Expo (short for &exposition&) is the third largest world event after the Olympics and the FIFA World Cup. Countries build pavilions(展示馆) at the Expo, showing off technologies and cultures with colorful exhibitions and performances.
People can experience the most advanced technologies at the World Expo. Throughout history, many new inventions have made their debuts(样品) at the World Expo, including the TV, telephone and even the ice cream cone.
But the Expo is not just a trade fair(商品交易会). It&s a platform(平台) for cultural exchange, bringing people closer to the rest of the world.
For example, at the Shanghai Expo, couples may be able to marry in French-style weddings at the France Pavilion. Thailand will let visitors walk into its emperor&s palace. Visitors to the Austria Pavilion will have the chance to experience the snow-capped mountains of the country.
Many countries have also decided to bring their national treasures to the event.
Since the 1993 Expo in Chicago, the World Expo began to focus on one theme. It changed from a show into a community event. Visitors are invited to help solve global issues, such as environmental problems.
The theme of the Shanghai Expo is &Better city, better life&. It will call on the world to solve the problems human beings face as a result of urbanization(城市化). In the future, more and more people may care about protecting the places they live in.
( &&)11. Countries build pavilions to show us ______ with colorful exhibitions and performances.
A. the Olympic games B. the FIFA World Cup
C. technologies and cultures &&&& D. many cities
( &&)12. What&s the meaning of &cultural exchange& in this passage?
A. 科技展示 B. 文化交流 C. 科技交流 D. 自由买卖
( &&)13. Which of the following is NOT true at the World Expo in this passage?
A. People can experience the most advanced technologies.
B. Couples may be able to marry in French-style weddings at the France Pavilion.
C. Visitors can walk into the emperor&s palace of Thailand.
D. Australia Pavilion will let the visitors experience the snow-capped mountains of the country.
( &&)14. When did the World Expo begin to focus on one theme?
A. In 1990. &&&&&B. In 1993. &&&&&C. In 1998. D. In 2010.
( &&)15. What is the theme of the Shanghai Expo?
A. One world, one dream. B. Better world, better life.
C. Better city, better life. D. One world, one family.
阅读理解(5)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&A
&&&&Living in a foreign culture can be exciting, but it can also be confusing (令人迷惑的). A group of Americans who taught English in other countries recently discussed their experiences. They decided that miscommunications were always possible, even over something as simple as &yes& and &no&.
&&&&On her first day in Micronesia, an island in the Pacific, Lisa thought people weren&t paying any attention to her. The day was hot. She went into a store and asked, &Do you have cold drinks. The woman there didn't say anything. Lisa repeated the question. Still the Woman said nothing. She later learned that the woman had answered her: &She had raised her eyebrows (眉毛), which in Micronesia means &yes&.
&&&&&Jan remembered an experience she had in Bulgaria, a country in Europe. She went to a restaurant that was known for its cabbage. She asked the waiter, &Do, you have cabbage today?& He nodded his head. Jan waited, but the cabbage never came. In that country, a nod means no.
&&&&&Tom had a similar problem when he arrived in India. After explaining something in class, he asked his students if they understood. They answered with many different nods and shakes of the head. He thought some people had not understood, so he explained again. When he asked again, they did the same thing~ He soon found out that his students did understand. In India, people nod and shake their heads in different ways depending on where they come from. You have to know where a person is from to understand whether they mean &yes& or &no&.
( &&)1. These Americans teaching English in other countries found that they ______.
&&&&&&A. should go abroad for vacations &&&&&&&&B. needed to learn foreign languages
&&&&&&C. should often discuss their experiences &&&D. had problems with communications
( &&)2. People in Micronesia show &yes& by ____.
&&&&&&&A. nodding heads &&&&&&&B. raising eyebrows
&&C. shaking heads &&&&&&&&D. saying &no&
( &&)3. Tom misunderstood his class at first because
&&&&&&&A. he did not know much about Indian culture
&&&&&B. he didn't explain everything clearly enough
&&&&&&&C. some students didn't understand his questions
&&&&&&&D. he didn't know where the students came from
( &&)4. Which of the following is TRUE according to(根据) this passage?
&&&&&&&A. In Bulgaria, nodding heads means no.
&&&&&&&B. Jan taught English on a Pacific island.
&&&&&&&C. Lisa was trying to buy some cabbage.
&&&&&&&D. In India, only shaking heads means &YES&.
( &&)5. The passage is mainly about _____.
&&&&&&A. body language in foreign restaurants B. class discussion in Indian schools
&&&&&&C. miscommunication in different cultures &&D. English teaching in other countries
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&Once there was a piano player in a bar(酒吧). People came just to hear him play. But one night, a lady asked him to sing a song.
&&&&&&&I don't sing,& said the man.
&&&&&But the lady told the waiter, &I'm tired of listening to the piano. I want the player to sing!
&&&&&The waiter shouted across the room, &Hey, friend! If you want to get paid, sing a song!'
&&&&&So he did. He had never sung in public before. Now he was singing for the very first time! Nobody had ever heard the song Mona Lisa sung so beautifully!
&&&&&He had talent(天赋) he was sitting on! He may have lived the rest of his life as a no-name piano player in a no-name bar. But once he found, by accident, that he could sing well, he went on working hard and became one of the best-known singers in the US. His name was Nat King Cole.
&&&&&You, too, have skills and abilities. You may not feel that your talent is great, but it may be better than you think. With hard work, most skills can be improved. Besides, you may have no success at all ff you just sit on&your talent.
( &&)6. The lady asked the player to sing a song because _____.
&&&&&&A. she had paid him for this &&&&&&&&&&B. she knew him very well
&&&&&C. she wanted to have a change &&&&&&D. she enjoyed his singing
( &&)7. Nat King Cole succeeded because _____.
&&&&&&A. the lady helped him a lot &&&&&&&&&&&B. he caught the chance
&&&&&&C. he continued to play in the bar &&&&&&D. he stopped playing the piano
( &&)8. The words &sit on& in the passage probably mean&
A. fail to realize &&&&&&&&&B. forget to use
C. try to develop &&&&&&&&&D. manage to show
( &&)9. From the story we know if you have some talent, you should _____.
&&&&&&A. hide it and wait &&&&&&B. ask others for help
&&&&&&C. pay no attention to it &&&&D. work hard to improve yourself
( &&)10. Which could be the best title (标题) for the pas}

我要回帖

更多关于 初三英语中考模拟题 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信