口语iyou guessed itt 什么意思

★网络社交英语口语对话:那你为何不充分利用网路-英语口语-无忧考网
网络社交英语口语对话:那你为何不充分利用网路
【无忧考网 - 英语口语】以下是无忧考网整理的《网络社交英语口语对话:那你为何不充分利用网路》,希望大家喜欢!【那你为何不充分利用网路呢?】Sue: So why don't you 1) take full advantage of the Internet?苏: 那你为何不充分利用网路呢?Rose: What do you mean?柔丝: 你的意思是?Sue: All you think about is your students and music!苏: 你满脑子想的都是学生和音乐!Rose: That's my job. I love my job!柔丝: 那是我的工作。我热爱我的工作。Sue: But 2) there's more to life than a job, Rose.苏: 但生活除了工作还有其他的东西,柔丝。Rose: You're talking about men again.柔丝: 你又在说男人了。Sue: You guessed it.苏: 你猜对了。Rose: I'm NOT interested.柔丝: 我没兴趣。语言详解A: You're welcome to stay at my place until you find an apartment of your own.你在找到公寓前都可以待在我那里。B: I don't want to take advantage of your hospitality.我不想这样利用你的好心。【You guessed it.你猜对了】当别人在你的话中得到足够的线索,接着说出你想说的话,你可以说You got it.(你说对了)假如你讲得很含糊,对方还是猜出你的意思,你应该说You guessed it.A: Don't tell me she's been listening to the fortune-teller again.别跟我说她又听算命的话了。B: You guessed it. She says we have to get married on January 2nd, or we'll have bad luck.你猜对了。她说我们得在一月二号结婚,否则就会倒霉。1) take full advantage of... 充分利用……advantage 是“好处”2) there's more to life than... 生活除了……还有更多||||||||||||
||||||||||||
您的位置:&&&&&&&&& 正文
David陪你练口语(13)
  Popular American Fast Food
  美国快餐风靡中国 &
  David:Why are KFC and McDonalds so popular here in China?能说说为什么肯德基和麦当劳在中国这么受欢迎吗?
  You:我觉得人们时很喜欢快餐店那种气氛。
  David:People in the US usually describe fine dining restaurants as having ambiance, but not fast food joints.美国人通常认为只有在上档次的饭店才会又气氛,而在快餐店里是找不到什么气氛的。
  You:在西方国家,肯德基和麦当劳只被认为是快餐而已。而在中国,许多年轻人觉得能在肯德基,麦当劳或是其他的西式快餐馆吃饭是挺现代的事。
  David:But the food is very different from Chinese food. Do people think it really tastes good?西式快餐和中餐完全不同,人们真的觉得西式快餐好吃吗?
  You:Some people think it is tasty, but some don't.有些人觉得好吃,另外一些人就不觉得好吃。
  David:It is a different style of eating also. Most fast food comes packaged for individual consumption. Although you may go with friends to a fast food restaurant, people usually order for themselves and do not share food. Sharing food over dinner is the typical custom in China. Do people mind? 快餐的吃法也与中餐不同。多数快餐都是独立包装供个人消费的。你可以同朋友一起去快餐店,但都是各点各的,各吃各的。中国人已经习惯了同吃一桌菜,分开的话他们不介意吗?
  You:习惯了。但有些地方为了迎合中国的饮食习惯,也提供一些家庭装的快餐。我想知道中国的肯德基和美国的肯德基味道一样吗?
  David:I would have guessed it would be the same since it is the same company, but now that I think about it, I think KFC tastes better in the US.既然是同一个公司生产的产品,我觉得应该是一样的。哦,想想还是美国的肯德基好吃一些吧。 &
  &在西方国家,肯德基和麦当劳只被认为是快餐而已。而在中国,许多年轻人觉得能在肯德基,麦当劳或是其他的西式快餐馆吃饭是挺现代的事。&
  常见错误及点评
  常见错误:But maybe in foreign countries, it is only a fast food restaurant. But in China, maybe many young people think it is modern for them to have a dinner in McDonalds or KFC and other western fast food restaurants.
  it is only a:it is …的结构是客观的表示了某物是什么;而用be considered as…,be seen as…,be thought as…是表主观地被认为是什么。
  think it is modern for them to have a dinner:“Think it is modern for them to have a dinner…”是典型的中式英语。根据上下文,应该是“年轻人觉得有这种气氛”。同时,人们常常用“for sb.”接在形容词后表示“对某人来讲是……”。例如: The book is interesting for me.这本书对我来讲是有趣的。这种用法不符合英美人说话的习惯,通常英美人习惯说“I found the book interesting”。
  参考答案:But maybe they are only considered fast food restaurants in foreign countries. In China, many young people feel a modern ambiance when dining in McDonalds, KFC and other western fast food restaurants.&&
  &习惯了。但有些地方为了迎合中国的饮食习惯,也提供一些家庭装的快餐。我想知道中国的肯德基和美国的肯德基味道一样吗?
  常见错误及点评
  常见错误:People get used to it. But some places offer many food together for groups of people. By the way, do you think the Chinese KFC and United States KFC are the taste is the same?
  many food together:many food together是中式英语,实际上,说话人是想表达“家庭装的快餐”,英美人习惯用family meal packages表示。同时,food是不可数名词也不应用many修饰。
  United States KFC are the taste is the same?:“… United States KFC are the taste is the same?”这句话中出现了两个谓语动词,这是两个句型的错误混用。句子结构不正确,意思也不清楚。因此,应改为“KFC in the USA taste the same as the ones in China”。表示“两者一样……”通常要用just as +形容词原级+as 或 the same as …。
  参考答案:People get used to it. However, to appeal to this Chinese custom, many of these places are also offering family meal packages for groups of people. By the way, I'm curious about something. Could you tell me, does the food at KFC in China taste the same as the ones in the US?
栏目相关课程表
北京语言大学毕业,国内某知名中学英语教研组长,教学标兵&&
北大才俊,英语辅导专家,累计从事英语教学八年,机械化翻译公式发明人……
  1、凡本网注明 &来源:外语教育网&的所有作品,版权均属外语教育网所有,未经本网授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式使用;已经本网授权的,应在授权范围内使用,且必须注明&来源:外语教育网&。违反上述声明者,本网将追究其法律责任。
  2、本网部分资料为网上搜集转载,均尽力标明作者和出处。对于本网刊载作品涉及版权等问题的,请作者与本网站联系,本网站核实确认后会尽快予以处理。本网转载之作品,并不意味着认同该作品的观点或真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人转载使用,请与著作权人联系,并自负法律责任。
  3、联系方式
  编辑信箱:
  电话:010-1口语答案_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
阅读已结束,下载文档到电脑
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,方便使用
还剩2页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢品牌口语_深扒12月份词源来历:发散记忆秒记N个词_沪江英语
分类学习站点
深扒12月份词源来历:发散记忆秒记N个词
编辑点评:12月份的英文说法相信很多人都烂熟于心,但是有多少人了解这些月份背后的故事呢?这篇文章告诉你12个月的典故,看后你会发现12月份的命名涉及了很多希腊,古罗马的神灵。
As the new year starts you might have recently bought a new diary or calendar and thought &Where do these words come from?& & at least that&s what I did. There is also, of course, also the chance that you have been merrily scheduling in gym appointments and book clubs and all sorts of other details relating to New Year&s&&(have you kept yours so far?) but we&ll take the opportunity to add a resolution to your list: learn where we got the names for all the months of the year.&: it&s a mixture of gods, rulers, and numbers.新的一年又开始了,也许你已经买了一本新的日记本或日历本。你们可能有这样的疑问:&这些月份的说法有什么样的由来呢&?&&至少我有。当然,你们也有可能已经制定好新年计划,比如:制定健身计划,预定好社团以及其他和新年计划有关的细节(你想好你的新年计划了吗?)。我们想借此机会在你们新计划列表上增添上这样一项计划:了解12个月份的来历。先小小地透露一下:它们的来历和神、统治者以及数字有关。
January一月
January is named after the Roman god Janus, who presided over doors and the beginning of the year (though this is, as you will discover, not as straightforward as it seems). Indeed, Janus was usually depicted with two faces looking backwards and forwards, as is often characte this also gave rise to the term Janus word for words that have two opposite meanings.一月是以罗马看守门户的Janus命名的,他负责守门以及新一年的开端,尽管这样,你会发现它似乎不止有一面。事实上,Janus常常以两张望向相反方向的面孔示人,这也是新的一年所具备的特点:既要回顾过去,又要展望未来。这样的形象又赋予了&Janus&具有相反含义的特性。
February二月
February is ultimately based on Latin februarius, from februa. In case that&s not helped things become clearer, februa was the name of a
feast held on the 15th of this month. February is a divisive issue in modern pronunciation, with both Feb-yoo-ary and Feb-roo-ary being commonly heard.二月形成于拉丁语&februarius&中的&februa&。考虑到大家可能还没有明白它的意思,这边再补充说明一下:&februa&是2月15日举行的一个净化盛宴的名字。现代人对February的发音持有不一样的见解,主要有两种读法,第一种是Feb-yoo-ary,第二种是Feb-roo-ary。
Which god gets a planet and a month named after him? You&ve guessed it: Mars. Why him? As the Oxford English Dictionary notes, &In ancient Rome several festivals of Mars took place in March,
in preparation for the campaigning season, since Mars was a god of war.&哪位神灵拥有一个星球并有一个月份以它命名?你也许猜是&Mars&。为什么是他呢?牛津英语词典里标注道:在古罗马,几个和火星有关的节日都发生在三月,也许这些节日都和准备战争的活动有关,因为Mars是一位战神。
We know that the English word April comes from the Latin Aprillis, the fourth month of the ancient Roman calendar, but things are less clear after that. In Old English, April was also sometimes called Eastermonab, &Easter month&.我们都知道英语单词&April&来源于拉丁语&Aprillis&,在古罗马的日历上,这是第四个月,但之后的一些事情我们就不大知晓了。在古英语里&April&有时也被称为&Eastermonab&,意为:&复活月&。
The month is connected with the goddess Maia. Perhaps less well known now than the other with months named after them, Maia (in Greek mythology) was daughter of Atlas and mother of Hermes. She was considered a nurturer and an earth goddess, which may explain the connection with this springtime month. Although may is a common modal verb, the month and the word are unrelated.五月和神灵Maia(玛雅)有关。玛雅也许没有其他神灵为人们所熟知,在希腊神话中玛雅是Atlas(阿特拉斯)之女和Hermes(爱马仕)之母。她被认为是一位养育者和一位地球女神,这也解释了May和春季月份的关系。may是一个情态动词,但是月份的&May&和情态动词的&may&是不相关的。
Having conceded one month to a Greek deity, we&re now back with the Romans: June is named after the ancient Roman goddess Juno, wife of Jupiter and goddess of marriage and childbirth. June was also once sometimes known as midsummer month.介绍了一位希腊神灵,现在我们继续讲讲罗马的神灵。&June&是以古罗马神灵&Juno&命名的。朱诺是Jupiter(丘比特)之妻,掌管着婚姻和生育分娩的事务。六月一度被认为是仲夏月。
The first month in the calendar named after a real person, July was named in honour of Julius Caesar after his death in 44 BC, July being the month of his birth. Before it was renamed, the month was known as Quintilis (borrowed into English as Quintile), which means &fifth&. If you&ve been counting, you&ll know that July isn&t the fifth month: we&ll come on to that when we reach September and October.这是第一个以人名命名的月份,&July&的命名是为了纪念Julius Caesar(裘里斯凯撒),他于公元前44年去世,七月正好是他出生的月份。在这个月份更名之前,它叫做&Quintilis&,英语中即为&Quintile&,意为&第五&。如果你会数数的话,你会发现,&July&并不是第五个月份。关于这个问题,等我们提到&September& 和&October&的时候再解释。
August八月
Following suit, in 8 BC, the month Sextilis (&sixth&) was renamed after Augustus, the first Roman emperor, who had died six years earlier. Augustus himself was given this title when he became emperor, having previously been known as Octavian. It came from the Latin augustus meaning &, venerable& which gave rise to the English adjective august, &respected and impressive&.同样地,在公元前8世纪,Sextilis (&sixth&)这个月更名了,以罗马第一位帝王Augustus(奥古斯都)命名。他于公元前8世纪前六年去世。奥古斯都在他成为帝王的那一天起也更名为&August,之前他叫做&Octavian&(屋大维)。这个词来源于拉丁语&augustus&,意为&神圣的,值得尊敬的 &,这也就赋予了英译词汇&august&(这里作为形容词)&值得尊敬的&的意思。
September九月
September follows on from Quinitlis and Sextilis, in that it comes from the Latin septem, &seven&. As with those (and the rest of the calendar), the numbering is a bit off now: September was originally the seventh month in an ancient Roman ten-month calendar, which started with March.&September&之所以在&Quinitlis&和&Sextilis&之后,因为它来源于拉丁语&septem&,这里是第七的意思。这样的话,算上日历本里剩下的月份,我们现在有点混乱了。&September&起初在古罗马10个月的日历中是排第七个的,那个10个月的日历中,第一个月份是&March&。
October十月
More of the same: octo is the Latin for &eight&, for that ten month calendar. Two months were added to the end of the calendar year around 713 BC, and the beginning of the year was moved to 1 January in 153 BC.同样地,&octo&在拉丁语中是&eight&(八)的意思,因为那个10个月的日历。大约在公元前713年的时候,日历的最后加上了两个月,在公元前153年的时候,一年的开始从一月份计算了。
November十一月
The pattern continues: November comes from novem, &nine&. November is also, we&re afraid, used &with
to November&s position at the end of the year, and to the characteristic greyness, gloominess, etc., associated with it in the northern hemisphere&. The earliest known example of this allusive use comes from Jane Austen&s posthumously published novel Persuasion.同上:&November&来自&novem&,在古罗马日历中位于第9个月。我们觉得&November&同样也暗指它处在年末,具有灰暗,晦暗的意思,通常和北半球有关。这个暗指性地用法最早出现在简奥斯汀死后出版的小说《说服》。
December十二月
And we finish off the year with December, from decem, &ten&. The month also comes with a brace of adjectives: Decemberish and Decemberly, the latter of which can also be used as an adverb. And there you have it: a whole calendar year of&&to see you through the whole of 2016.最后我们来讲讲&December&,来源于&decem&,最初指的是十月。这个词还有一些形容词形式:&Decemberish&和&Decemberly&,后者还可以作为副词。好了,这就是和2016年所有月份的有关的典故来源了。
声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。After I finished my classes, I walked to home. Suddenly, I saw a dog run towards me.I was very frightening. I guessed that it would attack me, because I started to run before the dog reached to me. So 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
After I finished my classes, I walked to home.Suddenly, I saw a dog run towards me.I was very frightening. I guessed that itwould attack me, because I started to run before the dog reached to me. Soon,the dog caught up with me, but to my surprised, it ran past me as if it hadn’tseen me. I see some people running after a dog. I asked them the reason whythey were chasing after the dog.They told that the dog had bitten his chickenthe night before.&
【答案】&去to&&&run→running&&&frightening→frightened&&&&&because→so&&&去掉to&&surprised→surprise&&&&&see→saw &a→the&&在that前面加me或told—said&his—their&【解析】试题分析:&去to&本句中的home是一个副词,前面不需要使用介词。故to多余。&run→running&&本句中的固定搭配see sb doing sth看见某人做某事,指这件事情是正在发生的。&frightening→frightened&&&本句中的形容词修饰主语I,故使用过去分词frightened来修饰。&&because→so&& so后面的句中表示结果;because后面接的句子表示的是原因。&去掉to&动词reach作为到达的时候,是一个及物动词,后面直接加宾语,没有介词。&&surprised→surprise&&&固定搭配to one’s surprise让某人惊讶的是…&see→saw 本文的基本时态是一般过去时,所以这里使用过去式。&a→the&&&本句中的the特指上文提及的那条狗。&在that前面加me或told--said&&动词tell后面要接双宾语,本句是指告诉我,或者用say后面接宾语从句。&his—their&本句是指前面的somepeople,故使用their。考点:考查学生在上下文语境中对词汇语法的掌握情况点评:本题考查较为细致,要求考生要特别耐心答题中注意句子中人称和数是否一致,时态是否一致。各种词性之间的区别以及一些常用句型,固定短语的应用。一般的这类题型不会出现太复杂的单词和句子,这类题型考察基础知识较多。平时应注重积累,熟记一些句型及惯用结构。修改前先细读短文,标出出错的位置,改完以后还得细读短文,看看改过后的短文是否语意通顺,符合逻辑。&
科目:高中英语
来源:山东省潍坊市2012届高三下学期考前仿真模拟(五)英语试题
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
  It seems that some people go out of their way to get into trouble.That's more or less what happened the night that Nashville Police Officer Floyd Hyde was on duty.
  “I was on the way to a personal-inj ury accident in West Nashville.As I got onto Highway 40,blue lights and sirens(警笛)going,I fell in behind a gold Pontiac Firebird that suddenly seemed to take off quickly down the highway.The driver somehow flustered at the sight of me.He was going more than a hundred miles an hour and began passing cars on the shoulder.”
  But Hyde couldn't go after him.Taking care of injured people is always more important than worrying about speeders,so the officer had to stay on his way to the accident.But he did try to keep the Fi rebird in sight as he drove,hoping another nearby unit would be able to step in and stop the speeding car.As it.turned out,keeping the Firebird in sight was not that difficult.Every turn the Pontiac made was the very turn the officer needed to get to the accident scene.
  Hyde followed the Pontiac all the way to his destination。At that point he found another unit had already arrived at the accident scene.His help wasn't needed.Now he was free to try to stop the driver of the Firebird,who by this time had developed something new to panic about.
  “Just about that time,”Hyde says,“I saw fire coming out from under that car,with blue smoke and oil going everywhere.He'd blown his engine.Now he had to stop.”
  “After I arrested him,I asked him why he was running。He told me he didn't have a driver's license.”
  That accident cost the driver of the Firehird plenty-a thousand dollars for the new engine-not to mention the charges for driving without a license,attempting to run away, and dangerous driving.
The meaning of“flustered”in Paragraph 2 is related to ________.
Why did the driver of the Firebird suddenly speed down the highway?
Because he was racing with another driver on the road.
Because he realized he had to hurry to the accident scene.
Because he thought the police officer wanted to stop him.
Because he wanted to overtake other cars on the shoulder.
Which of the following statements is true?
Someone else was taking care of the injured person.
The Pontiac reached its destination at the accident scene.
Hyde knew where he was going by following the right car.
The policeman was running after a speeder on Highway 40.
The driver of the Firebird ________.
took a wrong turn on the way
had some trouble with his car
was stopped by the police officer
paid for the expenses of the accident
What is probably the best title for the article?
Losing His Way?
Going My Way?
Fun All the Way?
Help on the Way?
来源:山东省潍坊市2012届高三5月仿真模拟考试英语试题
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。
  It seems that some people go out of their way to get into trouble.That's more or less what happened the night that Nashville Police Officer Floyd Hyde was on duty.
  “I was on the way to a personal-inj ury accident in West Nashville.As I got onto Highway 40,blue lights and sirens(警笛)going,I fell in behind a gold Pontiac Firebird that suddenly seemed to take off quickly down the highway.The driver somehow flustered at the sight of me.He was going more than a hundred miles an hour and began passing cars on the shoulder.”
  But Hyde couldn't go after him.Taking care of injured people is always more important than worrying about speeders,so the officer had to stay on his way to the accident.But he did try to keep the Fi rebird in sight as he drove,hoping another nearby unit would be able to step in and stop the speeding car.As it.turned out,keeping the Firebird in sight was not that difficult.Every turn the Pontiac made was the very turn the officer needed to get to the accident scene.
  Hyde followed the Pontiac all the way to his destination。At that point he found another unit had already arrived at the accident scene.His help wasn't needed.Now he was free to try to stop the driver of the Firebird,who by this time had developed something new to panic about.
  “Just about that time,”Hyde says,“I saw fire coming out from under that car,with blue smoke and oil going everywhere.He'd blown his engine.Now he had to stop.”
  “After I arrested him,I asked him why he was running。He told me he didn't have a driver's license.”
  That accident cost the driver of the Firehird plenty-a thousand dollars for the new engine-not to mention the charges for driving without a license,attempting to run away, and dangerous driving.
The meaning of“flustered”in Paragraph 2 is related to________.
Why did the driver of the Firebird suddenly speed down the highway?
Because he was racing with another driver on the road.
Because he realized he had to hurry to the accident scene.
Because he thought the police officer wanted to stop him.
Because he wanted to overtake other cars on the shoulder.
Which of the following statements is true?
Someone else was taking care of the injured person.
The Pontiac reached its destination at the accident scene.
Hyde knew where he was going by following the right car.
The policeman was running after a speeder on Highway 40.
The driver of the Firebird________.
took a wrong turn on the way
had some trouble with his car
was stopped by the police officer
paid for the expenses of the accident
What is probably the best title for the article?
Losing His Way?
Going My Way?
Fun All the Way?
Help on the Way?
来源:2012届辽宁省盘锦市第二高级中学高三第一次模拟考试英语试卷(带解析)
题型:阅读理解
Lawmakers in the United States have expanded an investigation into the use of location-tracking systems on mobile devices. The action follows recent reports about the storing of information on the Apple iPhone. Some people consider location tracking to be a threat to personal privacy and security. Allan Friedman, the research director, says, “All wireless companies do some location tracking as part of their networks. This information is usually stored by the companies, not the devices, and there are laws to protect it. Law enforcement(执法) agencies, for example, have to have a fairly high standard before it can access that data. And the phone company is also prohibited from selling that information. Now, two researchers report that location tracking information is being stored directly on Apple devices. They said Apple’s newest operating systems gather global positioning system and timestamp information. The information is stored on the device in a file that is also uploaded (上传) to any computer that the device is connected to. The researchers say the information is available to anyone who has access to the device or computer.Allan Friedman says, “This raises additional concerns. There’s the idea that because it’s on my phone and on my computer, rogue applications(恶意程序) that I pay for or that I’m tricked into downloading may be able to access this data and somehow misuse it.”Apple says it is “not tracking the location of your iPhone”. It is simply keeping a database of Wi-Fi hotspots and cell phone towers near the user’s location. This information is meant to help the iPhone quickly find its location when needed.Letters have been sent to some of the leading mobile device developers, including Apple and Google. The letters asked for more information about their location tracking systems. Allan Friedman calls this an important start to strengthening privacy laws. He says, “There aren’t strong controls over things like location information, what they are doing with it, how long they are keeping it. And perhaps the most important question is, is my location data with other facts about me?”【小题1】Why did American lawmakers investigate the use of location-tracking systems on cell-phones?A.Because the systems can store users’ informationB.Because many users have suffered loss after using them.C.Because it is thought to threaten users’ privacy.D.Because many reporters have shown the problem of the systems.【小题2】Allan Friedman believes that ________.A.wireless companies focus on personal privacy.B.people are forbidden to get access to private data at willC.phone companies may sell private information secretlyD.customers may ask wireless companies to locate their tracking【小题3】What do we know from Paragraph 3?A.Location tracking information is stored online.B.Apple’s newest operating systems collect all kinds of information.C.Location tracking information may be uploaded to any iPhone. D.Apple’s newest operating systems may reveal the private information of users.【小题4】Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage?A.Apple denies that it tracks the location of users.B.The researchers may misunderstand the Apple’s systems.C.The global positioning system is to blame for rogue applications.D.The iPhone can quickly find its location by using its user’s information.
来源:学年河北省唐山市高三第一次模拟考试英语试卷(解析版)
How cool can libraries be in an era(时代)of iPods and Kindles? More than you think.Only if you know where to go.Central Library: Seattle, Washington, United StatesThe Central Library in Seattle is modern and fashionable and has tourists from around the world paying visits and taking tours.It was designed by Dutch architect Rem Koolhaas and American designer Joshua Ramus.Tours began in 2006, two years after its opening.The library holds various art exhibitions, book signings and other events, while visitors can stop by the Chocolate cart for a coffee and scan through the gift shop anytimeTrinity College Library: Dublin, IrelandThe Trinity College Library in Dublin is the oldest library in Ireland, founded in 1592 by Queen Elizabeth I.It is the largest single library in the world, also known as the Long Room, which contains more than 200,000 0fthe library's oldest books.The Long Room houses one of the oldest harps(竖琴) in Ireland.Dating to the 15th century, the old harp is the model for the symbol foreland.Geisel Library, University of California: San Diego, United StatesAt first glance, it looks like a spaceship.Architect William Pereira, who helped design actual space launch facilities at Cape Canaveral in Houston, Texas, designed the library in 1970.It has been featured in sci-fi films, short stories and novels.The library hosts "Dinner in the Library," which invites readers for cocktails, and also a special speech from distinguished authors.TU Delft Library: The NetherlandsThe library at the Delft University of Technology was constructed in 1997 and has more than 862,000 books, 16,000 magazine subscriptions and its own museum.The building itself exists beneath the ground, so you can't really see the actual Library.What makes it interesting is the roof, which is a grassy hill.The roof covers 5,500 square meters.And it has become one of the most striking and greenest structures in the area.1.Which of the four libraries has the longest history?A.Central Library.B.Trinity College Library.C.Geisel Library.D.TU Delft Library.2.What makes Geisel Library different from the others is thatA.famous writers often deliver speeches thereB.it has a reoffer grassy hillC.Queen Elizabeth I founded the libraryD.it is the largest single library in the world3.In Central Library, you canA.buy souvenirsB.drink cocktailsC.enjoy sci-fi filmsD.see the old harp 
Internet access and power outlets available in most cafes in the.developed world might reduce your productivity. A typical tale from store managers is of customers who buy a single cup of coffee or tea and occupy a four-seat table for eight or more hours.A store full of these people turns the shop into a silence broken only by the tapping of keyboard keys.In others, however, customers use the network briefly, and the turnover is high. Cafe owners have talked about their discomfort for years.Some cafes founders started turning off Wi-Fi (无线网络) on the weekends.The experiment led to success, they said.People who otherwise avoided the cafe came in, and the place became crowded on Saturdays and Sundays.In the years since, hundreds of articles have appeared about similar cases in which a coffee shop turns off the signal, and sometimes blocks electrical outlets. Nick Bilton, the New York Times& Bits blog editor, was banned from reading an electronic book a few days ago.The Actual Cafe in Oakland opened last year with lapton-free weekends.The owner, Sal Bednarz, wrote in an email, &I think it's fascinating that we've allowed technology to enter so much of our lives that it can feel like an affront (冒犯) when someone asks us to step away from it for a short while.&
Dan Drozdenko, the owner of the Downbeat Cafe in Los Angeles, says, “People come here because we don't offer it.They know they can get their work done and concentrated.&
For tasks that don't require constant monitoring of live date—such as stock management or minding server operations—productivity seems to soar when the constant bright shiny ball of the Internet is nowhere to be seen. People often leave the house or office to free themselves of conditions that reduce productivity, only to walk into a venue that lets them surf, and otherwise avoid focus.Could the offer of single-tasking and quiet thinking be a selling point when drinking coffee or tea? A moment's relief from the Blackbgerry buzz, the iphone alert, the Android annoyance? Only if one remembers to turn off one's 3G connection, too. 72.What's the disadvantage for a cafe owner if the customers use the Internet long? &&&&&& A.It makes the turnover slow and affects the business. &&&&&& B.It makes the cafe silent and is bad for its atmosphere.
&&&&&& C.The owner is disturbed by the tapping of keyboard keys. &&&&&& D.It costs a lot to offer Internet access to customers. 73.What happened after Wi-Fi was turned off in the cafe on the weekends? &&&&&& A.It added much inconvenience to people
&&&&&& B.Customers stayed in the cafe longer than before. &&&&&& C.The environment in the cafe was improved. &&&&&& D.There were more customers in the cafe. 74.What can be inferred from the words of Dan Drozdenko? &&&&&& A.If people don't get their work done, they shouldn't go to a coffee shop. &&&&&& B.If people go to a coffee shop, they would concentrate more on their work. &&&&&& C.If people do their work while surfing the Internet in a coffee shop, they can't concentrate. &&&&&& D.If people can't surf the Internet in a coffee shop, they would be unwilling to come, 75.The underlined word &soar& in Paragraph 6 is the closest in meaning to &__&. &&&&&& A.exist&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.maintain&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& C.rise&&&&&&&&&&&& & &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.change.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号}

我要回帖

更多关于 i luv it什么意思 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信