Refuse to obey Come and 老外直接问hit on meme? 请问这句话什么意思

Denis Cooverman: [to Beth Cooper] Thanks. You hit me with your car. That was pretty cool.
丹尼斯·库弗曼:(对贝丝·库柏)多谢了,你用你的车撞了我,那很酷。
Student: Oh! You press your husband, you press, bed pressure, the earth trembled and the mountains swayed. (a student teacher) I get it right, you hit me.
傻子学生:呵呵!你老公压你,你压床,床压地,地动山摇。(老师打傻子学生)我都答对了,你还打我。
These four words although it only took me ten cents, but the equivalent of . tons of blessing to hit on you, good, happy, every day, good mood, unlimited extension.
这四个字虽然只花了我毛钱,但却相当于。吨的祝福砸在你身上,收好,快乐,天天,好心情,无限延伸。
Tom, don't hit on girls when you go to the bar with your roommates today, or you never see me again.
汤姆,今天你和室友去酒吧可不要对别的女孩子献殷勤哦,否则你就再也见不到我了!
You have expressed your memories of me and I also miss you, and I miss all the children in the disaster-hit areas. I love you deeply!
你们在画中表达了对我的想念,我也想念你们,想念灾区所有的孩子们。我深深地爱着你们!
Remerber before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand, but that I choose not to bite you.
在打我之前请记住,我有反抗的牙齿,可以轻易的咬碎你的手骨,但我会选择不咬你。
If you're anything like me, you wake up in the morning, hit the ground running, work through lunch, and only stop thinking about your job when your head hits the pillow.
如果你和我一样,早上一起床就快马加鞭地开始工作,一直到吃午饭,只有在晚上睡觉的时候才停止想你的工作。
Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand, but that I choose not to bite you.
请别打我,记住,我的锋利牙齿可以把你的手骨咬碎,但我不会去咬你。
Bobby: OK. Let me try. You know what? Whenever things like this don't work, hit it. And it'll work.
博比:来让我试试。你知道吗,它出问题你就敲它,然后就好了。
But if I hit harder in my ignorance than I need, remember it is you who refuse to enlighten me.
可是如果我出于无知,对妈妈打击得过于猛烈了,那就是你拒绝教导的缘故了。 好了,我们先不说这些了。
Yes, you used to tie a horrid black thing behind me and then hit me to make me run, and however far I ran this black thing would always be coming rattle-rattle behind me.
对了,你过去老是把一个可怕的黑东西绑在我后面,然后打着我往前跑。不管我跑多远,那黑东西都一直在我后面哐啷哐啷地拖着。
Yes, you used to tie a horrid black thing behind me and then hit me to make me run, and however far I ran this black thing would always be coming rattle-rattle behind me.
对了,你过去老是把一个可怕的黑东西绑在我后面,然后打着我往前跑。不管我跑多远,那黑东西都一直在我后面哐啷哐啷地拖着。
$firstVoiceSent
- 来自原声例句
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!adult lazy eyeadult lazy eyePosted by stephg7 on 10/5/2006 at 9:36 AMI had a lazy eye ever since i was 6 and never corrected it and bot my eyes are farsighted so my vison is really messed up.
It really effects my whole life in evereyaspect and i just would like to know is there any one else with the same disorder and how is everyday for you?
There are currently 177 repliesRe: adult lazy eyePosted by meeshmoosh on 1/31/2017 at 10:19 PMHI
it was really comforting to me reading everyone's stories. I've had a lazy eye since I was born and was bullied about it in school growing up, thats actually how I found out about it. My left eye used to drift inwards and I had a lazy eye that was very noticeable. It made me feel really insecure even as a young kid. I got a surgery in 8th grade and i thought the problem was all fixed up and i believe it was for a year or maybe a little longer. Now it drifts upwards sometimes and many people dont notice it, but many people do. It makes me feel uncomfortable that my lazy eye is showing and everyone can see it except for me. I know its not super serious and not noticeable all the time but I really wanted nothing more than to be rid of it forever. I might get another surgery in hopes of it being gone for good. or maybe i can learn to accept it. it helps a lot if i wear glasses, i think its more noticeable in my contacts. Re: adult lazy eyePosted by dgopal on 1/22/2017 at 11:11 PMHi Shannon,
Thanks much for your response and sharing your opinion. I completely agree with you that my past work and references should able to help me in finding new job. Although I have been focusing on my work and not give up in finding better opportunity, I always feel discomfort in looking at others eye to eye contact during meetings and presenting ideas because of my current eye condition.
I don't feel any depth perception problem although I need to turn my head right to see any objects on my right side. I do have double vision although I ignore the other image as it doesn't interfere much. Doctor mentioned that my double vision might stay as it is after surgery.Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Shannon Carollo (TVI, O&M) on 1/19/2017 at 9:55 AMHi dgopal,
This is a tough question. Here's my opinion: I would not undergo surgery for the purpose of physical appearance. Your past work, references, social network, and ability to show/ tell how you will get the job done with any accommodations should be enough to get you a job. Will some employers still be uneasy and choose to hire someone fully sighted? Unfortunately, it happens even though it's illegal. I say, is that really who you want to work for? Someone who cannot let your work speak for itself?
On the other hand, if you are struggling with depth perception and if you regularly bump into things on your right side and you want to correct it, I say go for it.
I think your motivation for surgery should be about pleasing you and not pleasing others.
Shannon Carollo
Re: adult lazy eyePosted by dgopal on 1/19/2017 at 6:34 AMHi All,
I am 47 years old and have been with lazy right eye (exotropia) since I was 10 years old after surgery due to injury. I don't have much vision on my right eye. I underwent strabismus surgery when I was 20 years old and was not much success. I recently consulted strabismus surgery again and the eye Doctor said that my right eye can be aligned with adjustable suture strabismus operation. Since I don't have much vision on my right eye and cannot use both of my eyes (binocular vision), I asked whether it will stay aligned permanently after surgery. I was informed 80% chance that it will stay.
The main reason I considered undergoing surgery is for career advancement as I am not sure whether company will be willing to hire me in my present condition for management position. I am still thinking whether I should go for surgery or not. If anyone has thoughts or advice, please share your experience. Thank you.Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Shannon Carollo (TVI, O&M) on 1/18/2017 at 9:04 AMHi Saiyed,
I am not a medical expert, but a teacher for students with visual impairments. I would definitely recommend seeking the advice of an ophthalmologist. Now, from my limited experience with adult esotropia, it is much more difficult to correct than childhood esotropia because patching is no longer considered effective in retraining muscles. Surgery is usually necessary to correct adult esotropia, though prism correction can also be effective.
-Shannon CarolloRe: adult lazy eyePosted by Saiyed_Shakya on 1/17/2017 at 6:36 AMHi, I'm Saiyed, a 27 year old male from Nepal.
I don't know if its strabismus or esotropia, but in my case, from my childhood i had my left eye which i cannot turn fully. When I am looking straight, it's normal. The problem is when i start to roll my eyes, only my right eye is able to do so and the left one does't move much. In recent years i've come to notice in most of my photos that the left eye seem to have become slightly smaller and thus seems swollen.
Is it too late to fix it? Do I have to go through surgeries?
Help from the experts are much awaited.
Thank you,
Saiyed Shakya,
Kathmandu, NepalRe: adult lazy eyePosted by callshannonfirst on 1/4/2017 at 1:33 PMLynda, or was it Linda?
I am about turn 50. I was born with a lazy eye, but it corrected around 45 I became a paralegal and read so many papers that one day I looked in the mirror and died a bit on the inside. My left eye was all the way in the corner. I went to the eye dr. They said the left eye has vision like 200 or something, meaning cannot see much without the glasses, but the glasses did not straighten the eye. The Doc said, it crossed because of alignment and the vision being so much worse in that eye. The glasses do not work. I am so tired of people
looking at me funny and then looking over their shoulders, like, is she talking to me? It breaks my heart.
I read that you trained your eye somehow to see from both eyes, but you did not say what you did. I would love to hear what methods you did and if they are still working.
Re: adult lazy eyePosted by paigeolivia on 12/31/2016 at 1:18 PMHi guys, I'm 19F from canada and I developed ptosis in my younger years since I think I was dropped on my head as a small wee child (ugh). my upper eyelid muscles of my right eye are damaged. I don't remember what one of my surgeons in Toronto called it but essentially when my eyelid is supposed to go down ~slightly (when I look to the right) my eyelid goes waaaay down, and when I look toward my nose, my eyelid opens up very far, more than what my normal eye does.
I don't know the word for this either but I cannot use both of my eyes to see at the same time. I've developed a severe head tilt (so much so i get yelled at to straighten my head multiple times for ID pictures) and I refuse to look at to my right, because I'm worried about how it looks.
Lately I've noticed that in the dark my bad eye sees a lot less than my good eye, which kind of scares me since, man, I'm already colourblind, I don't need to be completely blind. I'm always surprised that boys tend to not care, since I figured even though I'm conventionally attractive apart from my eye, the whole "weird eye thing" would completely ruin my chance at anything with the opposite sex lol. (which, to be fair, is probably just because we're young and we take what we can get, but it makes me feel better about my eye!)
The vision in my right eye has deteriorated so much that my glasses prescription is -25 for my good eye, and -175 for my bad eye. It's interesting also that I've seen other people in this thread say something like: don't worry about your bad eye, in your next life, you won't be this way. I think like this all the time, and it's kind of grim to think of it like that but oh well.
Since having my most recent ptosis surgery in 2012, the oil glands in my right eye tend to malfunction a lot, and get blocked more easily even though before this was not an issue at all. About three times a year I get those weird cysts on my eyelid and my eyelashes fall out and there's nothing I can do about that. I guess you just gotta live the life youre given.
This is soooo long I'm sorry I wrote a novel but it really is nice to have other people understand what the heck is wrong.Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Jen_PPK on 9/20/2016 at 8:06 AMI'm so heartened to read about everyone's experiences. Amblyopia or "lazy eye" is so seldom talked about and sometimes it's easy to forget that you're not alone.
Ever since I was born, I've had Strabismus Esotropia - my right eye tends to turn inwards. There was huge improvement after I had surgery but it stills tends to stray especially if I'm tired or spent too long in front of a screen.
Over the years, I've learned of ways to cope with it. A funny way is wearing my bangs over my weaker eye, to hide it! I also tend to stay away from Skype Video, because it becomes very apparent when I'm looking down at my screen.
I wanted to ask, have any of you had any success with eye exercises along with patching as adults? The general consensus is that eye patching is really only effective before you reach your teen years.
However, it's something I continue to do everyday since learning about the William Bates eye exercises. I've found that the more consistent I am, the more improvement there is. Whilst these may not be permanent, I happily take out about half an hour a day to do them.Re: adult lazy eyePosted by lindasgary on 9/16/2016 at 12:38 AMHello I am a 56 year old female. Who had eye muscle surgery at age 5. Never used both eyes together to see. My right eye was called my lazy eye. No matter what was tried as a child, patching, glasses that blocked different parts of my vision never helped. It just made me feel sick
So I was told I have cataracts and needed surgery. But I said if you screw up my left eye, my dominant eye, I will not be able to see. So they said ok we will do the right eye first. 10-22-2015. Well that left me with a list of problems, from not being able to focus, UofM said to put drops in my rit eye to close the pupil and stop the problems. I decided to do other things. And this Monday I went to see a vision therapist. He said Linda you can see with both eyes at the same time. I said yes I can and at 8'. It started a few months ago. He said he has never had anyone my age do this on their own, and question what I was doing, and why I did what I did, and what I needed now.
I want to read using both eyes at the same time. And I can't figure out how to do it.
It had been the most fustrating 10 months of my life.
And I am determined to see 3 D
Is anyone else or has anyone else been able to go from only using one eye to see to using both eyes and seeing normal after 51 years?
I can't be the only one out there. And if I can do this so can others.
They need to know it's possible Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Anand Kumar on 8/2/2016 at 1:10 PMIt really is unfortunate what happened to your eyes Mr Ajay Singh Rajput. To add insult to injury people made fun of your disability. I hope that they sympathize with you and support you to overcome this problem. I was more fortunate in this regards that my relatives and friends never let me feel that I was in any way different from others, this inspite of having very poor vision in both my eyes. I wish you all the best in your life. Re: adult lazy eyePosted by jasminedach on 7/21/2016 at 12:05 AMHi everyone, how would you guys feel if I made a youtube channel dedicated to sharing you guys' lazy eye journey. I feel like we need a platform out there that gets our voices heard, and for people to understand what we are going through. I also feel like doing something like this will further help people with lazy eye to realize that they aren't alone. I think that I was given these eyes for a reason, and that I shouldn't hide any longer, but I should turn it into something positive that can help other people.
I feel like something like this will bring the lazy eye community together even more and help us to lean on each other for support.
Please e-mail me at
with your feedback, and whether you think this is a good idea or not, and if you would want to be included in one of these videos. I would also like to hear any ideas that you guys may have. Re: adult lazy eyePosted by hetcher16 hetcher16 on 7/15/2016 at 8:54 AMHi guys ! I am John and I am 28.
My "lazy eye" was first detected in a free public school eye examination when I was seven years old (belated thanks to the State of Pennsylvania for that free eye exam!). This led to my first visit to an eye doctor. I don't remember anything about that encounter. All I know is that I came away with a pair of glasses and no patching or Vision Therapy was recommended. For the next ten years I would struggle with wearing either glasses or contact lenses.
By the time I was twelve years old I had been examined several times by two new eye doctors: one ophthalmologist (hi, Dr. Feldman of Champaign, Illinois) and one optometrist (I remember him, but not his name). Both doctors said exactly the same thing. They told me that my two eyes did not wor that I alternated between using one eye or the other, but seldom or never used both eyes together at the same time. Since I alternated between using both eyes, I had not lost too much vision in either eye. Still, they both described my right eye as a "lazy eye." According to the eye doctors it was too late for surgery or patching -- nothing could be done to correct my "lazy eye." "I was too old." "It was too late" for me.
Of course, the doctors informed me, this meant I didn't have depth perception. "What's depth perception?" I asked. Vague descriptions ensued -- much like attempts to explain colors and rainbows to a blind person. I remember the optometrist stumbled and mumbled around a bit and finally declared that without depth perception it would be very difficult for me to catch a ball. Hmmm, I thought this one over. I already knew I couldn't catch a ball without major panic -- screaming, head ducking, arms flailing, etc. So far this embarrassing state of affairs hadn't killed me. This was also at a time when girls' sports were still a very low priority. After thinking it over, I decided being unable to catch a ball was not a serious handicap. No sweat, doc.
Out into the world the eye doctors sent me to live life without depth perception. No mention was made of the possibility of Vision Therapy or any type of rehabilitation. I didn't have depth perception and that was that.
Later when I moved to New York city, I heard for the first time about something called Vision Therapy. Dozens of people told me that they or their relatives had received Vision Therapy when they were children. They were cured! Their eyes looked straight. They had binocular (two-eyed) vision. I couldn't believe it. They were so matter-of-fact about it. It was just as if they were saying, "oh, yeah, I had braces when I was a kid - no biggie."
When I first heard of Vision Therapy, I didn't have health insurance. In my early twenties at the time, I concluded that if insurance wouldn't pay for it, I couldn't do it. Years later, I would look back on that logic as youthful folly.
The Very Happy Ending (and Beginning)
At long last, when I was around 32-33 years old, I began regular Vision Therapy under the supervision of a behavioral optometrist (developmental optometrist) in New York city. After a year and a half of twice-a-week therapy, I was using both of my eyes together as a coordinated team. The world popped out in 3D and it stayed that way! I now pass all the binocular vision tests with no problem!
Yes, I now have stereoscopic vision (stereopsis) and binocular depth perception! I'll admit that when I first began to see the visual world pop out in 3D I felt a lot like a formerly paralyzed person jumping out of a wheelchair and doing a jig. It felt like a miracle. It looked like a miracle. But . . . was it a miracle?
Not exactly. Human stereo vision may be a miracle (scientists still can't totally explain how it happens), but Vision Therapy (orthoptic therapy) is a medical science that has been around since the nineteenth century. I simply went to therapy, tried to be a good patient, and did what the eye doctor told me to do.
Ever since the day I saw the world popping out in 3D for the first time, I've wanted to tell others to appreciate the miracle of normal depth perception and 3D vision. You SEE, if you overcome a disability, you very likely won't take what you've gained for granted. What other people call normal will always be special to you! Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Ciera90 on 7/13/2016 at 8:14 PMHi my name is Ciera. I have had a lazy eye ever since I could remember. Once I got in high school my eye doctor brought up the cosmetic eye surgery to straighten my eye. The surgery went very well and as of today it's been about 8yrs since I had the surgery. My eye is still straight for the most part but does seems to drift/wander outward from time to time. I have recently start patching my good eye to strengthen the muscle is my lazy eye to control the drift/wandering. It seems to help as well. So it is help out there. And I hope I have been helpful/ encouraging!??Re: adult lazy eyePosted by erictheguy on 6/26/2016 at 2:55 PMI found this forum via Google and had to register to reply. These responses really hit home for me.
When I was very young, 2 or 3, I was cross-eyed. I had surgery to correct it, but after a few years I developed a lazy eye. My eye doctor gave me eye patches in an attempt to correct it, but the patches were so uncomfortable to wear (they were basically bandages that went over the right eye and were really hot and sticky) I refused to wear them as often as I should have. Looking back on it, I'm not sure why the eye doctor didn't just give me a different kind of patch, a pirate patch or something, that was more comfortable. Eventually I had surgery to correct the alignment of the eye. Obviously that does nothing to correct the vision, but at least I looked "normal" again.
My lazy eye has never been quite so bad as it was when I was younger, but it still drifts noticeably, especially when I am tired. I get very self-conscious when making eye contact with other people. It is hard for me to focus on what they are saying because I am constantly wondering if they notice my lazy eye. I think I never really outgrew my sense of feeling "different" and this may have contributed to my lifelong difficulty in making friends and feeling like I fit in. I haven't been to an eye doctor since high school (currently I am 29) because my health insurance doesn't cover vision. I am interested in going again to find out what options I have.
In the horror movie "May", which was written by a man with a lazy eye, the main character is given contacts that pull her eye forward to correct the alignment. Ever since I've seen the movie I've wondered if this is possible or a fictional remedy. I don't even care about "fixing" my vision in the left eye, I just don't want it to drift any more. If another surgery is viable, I'd be willing to do that, too. I have enough insecurities it would be nice not to have to worry about another one.Re: to
regarding : adult lazy eyePosted by dodie123 on 6/23/2016 at 1:33 PMYes you can have surgery, my husband did about 8 years ago. It only fixes cosmetic, although usually health providers do not consider it cosmetic, his eyes are much better, but over the years it does slowly turn out a little as the muscle moves, but so far nothing like before. His was done by Dr. Grace Shin in Las Vegas NV.
Frequently, then, the surgeon recommends a repeat surgery. It is important to understand that while eye muscle surgery can improve cosmetic appearance, it does not necessarily improve eyesight or vision.
You should look into it!!!
Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Greg41 on 6/5/2016 at 5:49 PMHello everyone mine name is Greg I've had a lazy eye every sense I was born mu left eye was all the way in to my nose and the older I got it started pulling itself straight now it's starting to pull out more and more the older I get I went to the eye doctor Monday and he said I have 20/100 vision in that eye and told me I could have surgery done to make my eye straight but it wouldn't help my vision any he said my parents should of had surgery done on my eye when I was a kid and I wouldn't be dealing with this right now but to all of you with this problem I know it's hard to deal with just stay around the ones that love you for you and don't worry about what others think they are just jelous of us lol if you have any questions just let me knowRe: adult lazy eyePosted by Cpete1913 on 5/18/2016 at 10:17 AMI have amblyopia in my right eye (turns in) and psuedo exotropia in my left (turns out) ... I've been told it can't surgically be corrected but I decided to try vision therapy (against my doctors wishes) and it's helping with. Usual acuity but my eyes still aesthetically look the same as they did when I started. My sessions ended a while ago and I've been doing VT on my own at home but I'm not very consistent. I just wish there was a cure for this. Anyone else been told surgery was not an option? Anyone find anything that has helped straighten your eye(s)? I'm feeling hopeless, frustrated, and honestly really pissed off.
-CaraRe: adult lazy eyePosted by MeAsIAm on 5/14/2016 at 5:23 PMHi Jasmine.
It is nice to meet you and I’m glad to see you on here.
I also want to tell you how I am very impressed with you.
You are so mature for your age.
My name is Tammie and I’ve been on this site for a few months now.
I have Retinitis Pigmentosa.
I’ll go into that story in a bit.
I mainly talk to DeMarco and Mike on this site.
You’ll mainly find us on the Water Cooler message board.
They are both super awesome and very inspiring.
I know exactly what you mean when you say that you have the ‘talk down in your head’ but sometimes it’s hard to ‘walk the walk’.
But the best thing I’ve gotten from this site is that I’ve come to realize I’m not alone in this.
Even though I don’t see a lot of regulars on here, I do see a lot of entries.
Also, I think that something like this affects women more than men (and I could be wrong on this so if I am, I hope the guys will comment) because society as a whole puts so much emphasis on a woman’s beauty.
Also, I think the younger you are, the more it might bother you.
Sometimes as you get older, you just get tired of fighting with it and just say “Whatever, either you like me the way I am, or you don’t and I don’t care either way.”
You didn’t mention if your sight is affected by your condition.
Do you have issues with light?
With my condition, I am extremely night-blind, even in normal conditions such as going to a grocery store, restaurant, etc.
If you’re not, what about wearing lightly tinted eye glasses?
That way people wouldn’t be able to see your eyes as clearly.
I went to the eyeglass store the other day to pick up my son’s contacts and one of the employees had on a pair of lightly tinted eyeglasses (not sunglasses) and they were very pretty but you couldn’t see her eyes as well.
Just a thought.
And finally, when you have something like this, you find out who really accepts you for who are and they will do everything they can to make you comfortable.
So when it comes to that future love of your life, it won’t matter to him that you can’t look at him straight on.
In my case, if it’s dark, or the lighting is just right, or he’s too close up, I can’t see him at all, even though he’s right in front of me.
I usually enjoy my other senses such as touch and smell and I think those ones are heightened when you have your eyes closed.
So yeah, it can be an every day battle but God made us special for a reason.
We just have to go with it and see what happens.
I hope DeMarco and Mike see this and offer their perspectives too.
I’d be curious to see what they have to say.
If you decide you want to communicate by email, just let me know.
I am a bit older than you are (my son is 16 so that gives you some idea) but I think I’m still really young, or maybe I just want to still be young.
Hope to see you on here again soon.
Tam Re: adult lazy eyePosted by jasminedach on 5/11/2016 at 5:49 PMHey everybody, i'm Jasmine and i'm 18 years old. I've had intermittent exotropia all of my life. In my right eye, it happens with distance, and with my left and right eye it sometimes happens for near things as well. When I was a child, I guess the doctors didn't see it as much of a big deal so they just sent me home to do some eye exercises and that was that. The drifting is mostly due to the sight in my right eye being significantly worse than the sight in my left eye and also my muscles are weak. I didn't have much of a problem with it until high school because I guess I didn't get any attention for it until then. That's when the "Are you looking/talking at/to me?"s started happening. After that I gradually started becoming more conscious about my eyes. Doing things like not looking people in the eye (even my family), or looking them in the eye but 50% is me wondering if my eyes are drifting. Its really discouraging when people, like my parents, or friends say "Its not that bad." or "I don't notice it." or "There are people in this world who are dying." Bu the thing is, I notice it, everyday when I look in the mirror, I am reminded of it, and just because others are dying doesn't mean everybody else's problems aren't significant. I recently last year found out that getting a proper prescription for my eyes helps the drifting significantly, which has increased my confidence a lot. But I still think about when i'm not wearing my glasses, and what if I want to look my significant other in the eye in bed or something and my eyes drift, or if I want to have an emotional moment with someone and they can't connect with me because it doesn't seem like i'm looking at the, or any other scenario. I watch tv shows and watch people and look at how they are looking at each other so freely without thinking about if their eyes would drift, and wish that was me.
I've been doing some thinking, and i've come to the realization that since there isn't a real, permanent, safe fix for this, the only thing I can do is make a conscious effort to love myself. We have to learn to accept the things we cannot change, and although there may be people who may look at you funny, or not want to be around you because of it, the only people who should matter to you are the people who will stick by your side through it, and not judge you, and help you to love who you are. Anybody else is irrelevant to your life.
I am so glad to have found a page like this. Even though I have been doing some thinking, and trying to accept myself, I am still in the process of TRYING, and seeing stuff like this makes the fight even more worth while, and makes me feel like there are people who get what I am going through. I hope that some day all of you can try to accept yourself for who you are, and not worry about what others think about you. I know its hard, and it will be hard for me to, but we cannot continue to let our eyes define us, we have to define ourselves.
If anybody wants to talk about you experience with me, my e-mail is . I would be glad to have a little pen pal and actually talk to someone going through something similar to me.Re: adult lazy eyePosted by oakcreekman on 2/3/2016 at 8:51 PMNew to this. I'm a 60yo male who has had the lazy eye as long as I can remember. Found it in 2nd grade at school. Grew up poor, no doctors unless you were dying. Had help getting a do even thoughmy good eye is better than perfect. But now feel like what peripheral vision is going fast and vision is really blurry now. Keep popping blood vessels in eye which is help. Think the eye is about to go darkRe: adult lazy eyePosted by andkru on 10/15/2015 at 3:33 PMI am told by my eye doctor that lazy eyes due to differences in glass prescription of the two eyes can be corrected even in adulthood. So I would not lose hope and keep trying. All the best to you too.Re: adult lazy eyePosted by LS - AV on 10/7/2015 at 11:57 AM-Hello everyone, 29F here. Thank you all for sharing your stories. I really needed to see this today. It's nice to have a place to come to and know that I'm not alone in this. I can relate to almost all of the stories on here. I've had a lazy eye since I was 3, I had surgery to get it fixed because my eye would turn inward. I remember
being at the age of 9, I had to wear an eye patch after surgery and when it healed more I was supposed to use the patch on my good eye to correct the bad eye. Problem for me was, I wanted to watch cartoos, and I didn't listen to anybody and was stubborn about it that it never got corrected. Because of at the age of 10, your brain could not correct the problem because that's when your brain stops developing. I could kick my younger self for doing that!!
-Now in my adult years, my left eye is turned to the left. I am constantly aware of it and it's really hard for me in social situations. I quit College because I am so insecure about my eye. I also don't work because of it. I'm afraid to be in social situations because I don't want anyone to notice my crooked eye, and tease me like I used to be teased as a child. I am constantly aware of my crooked eye because I can see out of it still, and always noticing it myself. I also have really bad anxiety. Everything about my eye has held me back, and some people think that I'm being, "lazy". I wear sunglasses so I can have better confidence to talk to people but I still find myself getting rude comments about that, so it's almost as bad. I try and act cool about it when I talk to people but in all reality I am so insecure about it.
-On a good note, one good thing has happened. It took a child to show me this, but she asked me why my left eye was looking the wrong way? So I explained to her my situation and she told me, "That's okay!"Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Soflguy2015 on 9/25/2015 at 4:40 PMTo: Amberjenny
I can realate 100% to what you said Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Amberjenny
on 9/11/2015 at 6:26 PMNever noticed there were other people with the same problem as me. I'm amber and I'm 18. I've recently started college in August. Out of my two brothers and I, I got the short end of the stick. I got all the bad genetics. My eye sight is terrible. Over the years I've noticed my eyes go outward instead of straight. And I have a lazy eye. No one knows how this makes me feel. I can't look people straight in the face. I just feel like this will happen for the rest of my life. My mom and grandma don't believe me. My doctor doesn't say anything. I just want a normal life. I recently got some contacts to try and help it but it feels like it's getting worse. Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Soreeye on 7/28/2015 at 10:50 PMHi, it's been awhile since I last visited here. Today I feel very depressed so I ask my self why and as usual it's my lazy eye making me down. I find my lazy eye gets very sore that it's so uncomfortable and I just have to sleep. Tomorow is a new day and I'll do better than today. Take care everyone.Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Sanchez_Meka on 6/13/2015 at 3:54 PMHi Everyone :)
I didn't know there was so many ppl with the same problem
when I was 5 the doctors told my mom that I need to wear glases just so I could correct my eyes and than I wouldn't have to wear them when I got older but I didn't like them (my brother had the same problem) he didn't like em either so we would break each others glasses and now I regret I'm now 23 years old and still have the same problem I just scheduled a consolation at lasik to see if that's a option for me. I don't kike glasses because without em ppl already look at my eyes because I have color eyes but when I wear my glasses my eyes look huge
grr I hate it but wush I listened to my mom when I was younger :'(Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Surume on 5/22/2015 at 7:55 PMHi, I found this forum on google and i have been reading some replies about this post, and i want to speak a little about me. (i'm spanish and i don't speak too well english so sorry if i have errors).
I'm 19 years old and i always have had strabismus. My parents decided to not operated me when i was little. I always have had to wear glasses since i was three, i think (glasses only help me a bit with my condition). I never received bullying in school, but of course people have insult me sometimes. I have been called ugly a looot of times and unfortunately it affects me. Although i practically have had a easy life, my condition have always been present in my day to day. I can't look to people in the eye and i am really uncomfortable in the new social situation, for me is really difficult to make friends. For example I have been going to Japanese classes for nine months and i haven't made any friends. I'm always very nervous talking to new people because i don't want that they notice my uneven eyes and they say me something that can hurt me. I have spent my life trying to avoid any social situation that can hurt me because of my eyes. This is really sad because i don't have the confidence to try to get me a boyfriend (i have never had one). I don't have even the confidence to let my friends see me without glasses (expect on the beach when we go swimming). One year ago I decided that i wanted to operate my eyes, but now all i want is to be happy and accept myself. It's hard for me because i'm very insecure but idk i think all people can change. I want to be a strong person and dominate the bad thoughts i have about how i look. My insecurities are making me loss a lot of good opportunities like knowing new people or travel and grow as a person. I don't want to spent my youth lamenting me for my eyes or wondering how my life would be if i had normal eyes.
I never speak about how i feel about my eyes so I thought this would be a good opportunity for it. With this reply i only want to share my thoughts with other like me.
Re: adult lazy eyePosted by tamimarine on 5/17/2015 at 6:56 AMDear guys,
Im so happy I've found this website. Im 27 years old women, I have lazy eyes since I was 5 after a serious fever. Being sad, being hurted, bein disapointed, been through everything you guys have so I understand very much the feeling..
I have a question, can I have driver lisence in US since I have officially blind left eye? Is it still strictly for those who has lazy eye? I still can drive and I passed the driving test in my country but I will go to NY for studying.
Anw, should we have any private forum that we can join and tell about our story? Re: adult lazy eye POSITIVE POSTPosted by JulesGee on 5/9/2015 at 4:31 PMHey there! I'm 50 and I believe I have Congenital Strabismus. Whatever it is, I've had double vision, bad depth perception, and an eye that doesn't move in alignment with the eye I happen to be looking through since i was born. As a kid I did lots of exercises and stuff . Yeah, I got teased as a kid, and I still like to walk on people's left so I can look at them through my right eye. The good news--as I've grown older, my left eye is not as off as it used to be. These days I don't even notice it in the mirror most of the time, which is wonderful. To read books, I've always suppressed the left eye but this has gotten harder as I've grown older--the right eye that I've used all these years is now weaker than the left, so when I read books my eyes have no idea what to do. However, reading on a laptop is easy as pie so I'm happy with that. If there was an operation I could have now that would clear it up cosmetically and visually, I wouldn't have it. Chances are, they say, I'd still see double, as I do now even with one eye closed. Anyway, I'm just saying the older I've gotten the less it's bothered me. Re: adult lazy eyePosted by biopatches on 4/19/2015 at 4:23 AMWow so many people out there with he same condition I'm 35 and have had a lazy since I've been 2 due to meningitis I have been living with people looking at my lazy eye for to many year now and it's so hard to deal with some times this site is old but it nice to know I'm not alone Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Derp with Lazy eye on 4/4/2015 at 10:39 PMOMG!!!!!!!!! I always feel like people are saying, "Gosh, you have pretty screwed up eyes. Your lenses are massive." I got new ones yesterday and they were thicker. Unfortunately, it's genetic.... : PRe: adult lazy eyePosted by zsuk on 2/13/2015 at 5:24 AMI was born with a very bad right eye which looked inside at my nose (esotropia). My parents tried to fix it with doctors without success. I was disrespected by other children similar to many of you, I had a very negative, sad personality as a young girl. My right eye got further worse, at age 14 it was no really use to me anymore.
Two years ago in the media was a woman car racer Maria De Villota who hit her head badly and she lost one eye. But she covered it with a nice "pirate patch", she didn't hide it but it is her uniqueness in a fashion way. I followed her in the media and watched all pictures. She looked very beautiful, it was funny to see a beautiful woman smiling with a pirate patch on her eye.
So I decided (I was 16) I will give up to make my right eye work, I will accept it is blind and wear similar pirate patch and make it my style. I made 6 patches in different color and different textile and I choose one every morning to my clothes. It was difficult at start for my eye and brain but now it feels very usual, it adjusted. My mood become more positive. Since September I started university in another town and started new life with new friends. They don't know the negative shy crossed eyed girl, they see me as an equal person. I feel much less inhibition, okay it is a new town, but also at home it is much better.
Maria De Villota died a year ago, but I will forever thank her for the hope and positive influence with her idea after her injury.Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Oxx on 2/8/2015 at 3:42 AMI was born with a turned eye as well. I see stories in here just like mine. It?s good to know not all are bad. I was taken to a eye doctor from as young as i can remember. I think what he did was very professional, and it would be hard to find a better eye doctor. I had one operation at the age of 4 done by this doctor. If I had of done everything he said to do and had a followup operation at the age of 16 I might of been almost fixed. However, i suffer all the same problems with life that you do. I can?t look people in the eyes, I?m embarrassed to be seen by anyone. I avoid people as much as possible. Going to a dinner even with my family is traumatic and stressful for days before and after.
I have had it all the ?what are you looking at?? or ?who are you talking to?? and I remember it all from a very young age. I have had people look at me and laugh, smirk, look shocked, look sad and so on. It all adds up. I get very down and depressed but i wont take any medication for it. I have not told anyone I am depressed, not even a doctor. I have a reason to be very depressed so I?m not going to take something to alter my feelings for me. The depression is not the problem my eye and being forced to interact with people is the problem. I also get bad anxiety, I have never told anyone.
I am very introverted and i am fine with that. I struggle with almost everything, It?s unbearably embarrassing to lead a normal life, my life is ruined because of this.
I can only talk about my particular case but from what I have been told and read - If you have some vision in your turned eye you can attempt to correct the turn with surgery in childhood. Your brain takes images from your eyes and then joins the images together to make one image that you see. It will learn to do so with any alignment of your eyes when you are a child. Once you are adult your brain loses the ability to relearn this. Correcting the turned eye in adulthood with some vision in both eyes will most probably lead to double vision that the brain cannot adjust to form one image.
Re: adult lazy eyePosted by seantricemiller on 12/14/2014 at 8:15 AMOMG!!!!!! its such a blessing to know im NOT alone .. I was just goggle about possible surgery options && came across this. I read each && every story & teared up because ive experinced ALL of these things throughout life. Ive been picked on, asked what im looking at, or your so beautiful but your eye looks weird. I have to always wear my contacts or glasses because i literally cant see without them. Dealing with this is very hard also because most people just brush it off like its not a big deal, BUT i have never && NEVER will let this get me down. WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL ! :) Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Zenii on 11/18/2014 at 11:26 PMHi,
This is the first time i feel like im not alone. Im 18 yrs old and have been wearing glasses permanently ever since i was about 10 but wen i was 14 i realised that my left eye points outwards without my glasses. I feel so ugly&Horrible some day i cant even look at myself.No one understands me they think im just lazy. i started college for the second time but left bcuz i cnt socialise with anyone as im scared there gunna find out about my eye.its not fair no one else in my family is suffering from this so why me? i cant cope with this i just want to be normal!!!Re: adult lazy eyePosted by fekechi on 10/30/2014 at 3:26 PMI'm very touched by the stories I've read on here today.
I'm 29, and I have been living with a blind eye and lazy eye due to glaucoma for most of my life. No one will truly understand the pain and discomfort that comes with dealing with this condition. Finding a job has been one of the hardest things to do, people take my lazy eye as a sign of weakness. I often feel as I get older, my self esteem, social presence, and patience has reduced in comparison to what it once was. I pray that some day, the science is made available to fix this problem with very little side effects. Until then, I hope you all keep your heads up, put a smile on, and try to make the best of a bad situation. At least, we are able to type our feeling down and see what we are writting. :0)
Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Rosie11 on 8/27/2014 at 1:48 AMHi. I'm 20 years old and have lived with a lazy right eye my entire life.
I just discovered this message board, and it is quite a comfort to see that I am not alone. It is a difficult thing to cope with. I too have to deal with the strange looks, the glance over the shoulder, the "What are you looking at?" questions. It's hard. It's disturbing. I look down a lot. I avoid pictures, and when I can't avoid them, I take them at an angle. You know what I'm talking about.
But the most difficult part of this condition is, for me, the way people assume that something's wrong with me. I know there isn't. I know I'm a normal girl like anyone else. I just happen to have a weak eye. But it bothers me, so much, the way people sometimes speak to me. Slowly, to make sure I can understand. And the looks I get! They range from judgmental (no, I'm not making faces at you!) to mocking, to pity. I think the pity is the worst. I don't want pity.
I don't want pity because I don't want to feel sorry for myself. It's easy to do. I do it all the time. Woah is me-I look strange. But I don't want to dwell on it, for a number of reasons. I don't want people to feel sorry for me- I want them to see me as normal, and for the to happen, I must view myself as normal as well.
I also feel selfish. It seems infinitely selfish to dwell on
a flaw as small as a bad eye in comparison to the battles others fight every day. There are worse disfigurements than a lazy eye, and many of them are handled with more grace than I can claim to possess.
And most importantly, I don't want to feel sorry for myself because I refuse to allow my life to be dictated by my ----ing eye, for God's sake! Influenced, of course. That's inevitable. But I will not be overcome.
And so I try to view it as a gift. If I am going to be negatively affected by this thing, then I am going to at least be affected in a few positive ways as well. I have empathy because of it. Anyone fighting a battle against a deformity? I get it. Kind of, at least. And because I know how it feels to be socially ostracized for being "weird looking", I am infinitely slower to judge anyone. For anything. Because I understand, thanks to this affliction, that our faults are not our fault. We can do nothing but attempt to live with grace and with an attitude of strength and fortitude.
And one last good thing- the people I'm friends with? The small circle of people I'm really close to? They are the same way, by necessity. You have to be a sweetheart to look past and through a disfigurement, and I am so thankful for those that have.
This has just been me thinking aloud and trying to deal with my own stuff, hopefully in a forum of people who can relate. It's one thing to be able to call this condition a blessing in disguise- it's another to feel it. Especially when facing those confused, mildly freaked out faces every time I go out. It's good to know I'm not alone, and God bless.Re: adult lazy eyePosted by gracelepcha on 4/27/2014 at 12:36 PMHey everyone..
I am Grace .. and I an 19 year old girl.All these years I felt I was the sole victim of this visual disease lazy eye..but after reading the above heartwrenching stories I am
actually glad that am not fighting alone! I have a whole bunch of bravest people on earth with me.Yes this disease is mentally difficult to cope up with but some brave people above has showed
optimistic vibes.. which made me believe we can all fight this lazy eye one fine day!!
If people can find life and water on mars and much more things beyond our reach.. if they can discover unimaginable things.. am sure there will be a saviour one day who ll make things easier for us!!! I am scared about the day after everyday..thinking the worst things to happen ..but deep inside a hope lightens me up.
Till the day I can see the world perfectly with both my eyes!! Fingers crossed!! :) Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Ray Rock on 4/26/2014 at 8:35 PMHello every body my name is Ray I'm 48yo I was born with a lazy right eye as well. I never new about it at all until a late age when I was about 12yo I think. By that time eye exercise was too late.I been dealing with this all my life and hope by now they will have a fix for it but I never hear of any yet. To help protect my good lift eye for getting bad I do get eye check up once a year, I wear proscription sunglasses with the sun protection screen when its a sunny day and eat a lot of carrots and green veg. This seem to help prevent eye headache and stress on my one good eye. I just hope and pray I don't good blind when I'm much older. So far this have not affected my career I just have to watch my blood pressure. For all your how is younger then me do not let this stop your dreams. You can still live out your dreams and live a great life. THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING
Thank you posting your stories!!Posted by Raegn on 1/1/2014 at 12:05 AM
Wow it is a great relief to know that I am not alone. I am 33 years old and had a pencil puncture my right eye when I was 4 years old. For whatever reason, my mother switched doctors 2 days after the injury and insisted upon my lens being removed but refused to allow the doctors to implant a lens onto the eye. In
they had me wearing a hard contact lens that hurt my eye to wear and tears constantly flowed from the uncomfortable contacts I was prescribed. I was also developing scar tissue which blocked my pupil making it super tiny and for some reason my eye is a different color and has wandered to the right since. They tried fitting me with super ridiculously thick glasses that I was to wear with my contact in order to achieve the level of prescription I needed (but even with it I could not see anything other than outlines of things and colors if they were bold) anyways the glasses would not sit level on my face because the side of my good eye was fogged over and even even thicker than coke bottle lens on my bad side. The adults in my life were trying to make my right eye work but the eye did not have vision and certainly not when compared to my 20/20 vision that good eye had. Needles to say patching didnt work without having a lens on my right eye. I quit wearing the glasses and contact at a young age. I've developed several cataracts & recently thought my retina was detaching because my bad eye looks worse than ever and is never even remotely straight nowadays. I went back to the same surgeon who had done an amazing job saving my eye and it truly is a miracle that I have vision in spite of the initial trauma and 30 years of having an aphakic eye. I don't have insurance so he has so very generously reduced the cost of surgery and I am making deposit payments (layaway) for my eye surgery. He thinks he can fix it .. Or at least give me a chance to have a backup if my good eye continues to worsen in its ability to see. He said I will have to do vision therapy for a few months.. But I'm willing to do anything to improve the wandering lazy eye.. So I'll look like a pirate for a while.
Aargh maties, I know exactly where you all are coming from about your self confidence / esteem. My eye has always turned but I not always at the right angle it stays in today.
I used to not be so freaking afraid of people or as anti-social. I used to be embarrassed about it on occasion- now I feel humiliated and trying to talk to people (even relatives) who used to not notice the eye turning, to see them struggle with which eye to look at as they graciously refuse to look away or (behind them like strangers do) to know if my family can't tell I'm talking to them then I know the public will not either. I work 2 jobs both dealing with the public and I am going to college full time as well. All these strangers looking around when I talk to them has me zoning into isolation and scarily low self esteem in spite of having made good grades. I don't even bother trying to look people in the eye most of the time because they won't know that I am and then that's just going to make me feel worse... So I look down or to the left or right or pretend to be looking at the register keys while talking to them.. Which by the way apparently is frustrating customers and my boss because a coworker asked about my surgery today and wanted to know if it is going to straighten my eye. I started to explain it and he cut me off and told me.. Get this.., "cause it bothers a lot of his friends." The man is 45 not 12 .. I just told him it bothers me too but his friends are very rude to have said that.
Those things make you want to not even go out of the house. And I don't except to work and school though the entire time Im in public all I can think of is how to avoid looking at people. Makes for some pretty bad company lately and I am wondering if I may need a straight jacket if I can't straighten my eye.
I'm not intending for this to be a pitty party by any means- and there is some satisfaction during the most embarrassing moments of some people who yell at me or get angry when I'm looking at them and they demand me to look at them. When I tell them Im blind in that eye- some seem to realize that they shouldn't judge. I realize that what people think should not matter- It didn't used to bother me.. Now I am a hermit who works 60 hours with face to face stranger contact and spiraling self esteem. Who's going to look like a pirate for a few months :)
I'm not writing this to whine or complain.. I'm writing this because reading for the first time that other people have the same problems- lifted my spirits- I hope maybe someone else who feels alone and is struggling to find faith in themselves and humanity might find their spirits lifted as well by my letter.
We aren't the only batsh_t cr)
And for loads of fun when you get your groove back, check out Heywood Banks' song from the Bob and Tom show, "The one eyed one I love." We have to laugh the eye or we would cry far too much. Keep your chin up- even if your eyes are down- and hang in there.
P.S. Dr. Robert Gerald with Panhandle Eye Group is who is going to do my lens surgery and start me on vision therapy-- but if it doesn't work, I'm going to have the surgery for the lazy eye (paid in full by making payments before the surgery) and Ill post my results.
Dang I did not intend to write a freaking book!! Good luck everyone. Re: adult lazy eyePosted by mandygirlsmiles on 12/12/2013 at 10:30 PMMy names amanda and at 28 my lazy eye has never bothered me as much as now. Though I learned to cope with it doesn't mean I'm proud of what I see. Though I don't get teased as I'm an adult. I myself am bothered with it. I find that I stare at the mirror hoping I can find a way to straighten my left eye. I try to focus on other parts of my face.. I like my lips and my dimples. And I can't help but wonder how I would look if both my eyes were straight...I try and avoid eye contact not only with strangers but my close family and friends as well. Not only this but I get headaches trying to focus and my si ght is getting worse...I will be looking into procedures..as I can not live this way..
I am 17years old with lazy eye(left eye)Posted by Kane on 12/8/2013 at 2:04 PMI am Malaysian Chinese from Malaysia and next year I will be going UK study foundation course and university, and I just sometimes use my left eye(lazy eye) trying to get well instead of getting any treatment. Besides I am very young I have my dream and I am very put effort on my study to become a great person. I only have my mother to pay for my study, so I need your help and I don't want to lose my eye and my dream...my adult lazy eye - ironically....what a blessing - Plez read all of my story...hope it inspires youPosted by nocturnal25 on 11/20/2013 at 3:30 PMI agree with everything Pirateman said....but offcourse its always harder to to put something into practice vs. just reading it.
im 28 years old I have a lazy eye which i can slightly control (but still everyone notices it), i have strabismus, anaridia (no iris in both eyes causing extreme light sensitivity), a non-fully developed retina (which doesnt allow regular corrective lenses to work...only bioptics), and 20/80 in both eyes.
I was born like this an have been severely made fun of at school from 3rd-12th grade....i even would get made fun of people who would themselves be picked on by others.
I learned to just laugh it off and/or walk away from the abuse....but sometimes that would never work...sometimes the only thing to gain respect would be to stand up to them and fight them.
I have had very few friends all my life because this condition has caused me to be shy, introverted, have low self esteem, and an outcast most of the time.
However, in the end this has made me a very understanding, tolerant, resiliant, tough, and independent person.
But like Pirateman said...there are people with much much much worse disabilities out there...and they have compensated for it and still have a positive resiliant outlook on life.
I truly believe that God (or whoever created everything) has blessed me with this eye condition....9 years ago my life was crap and i decided to try to join the Marines....i went thru the whole process but barely barely failed the medical exam because of my eyes....i was so depressed that I couldnt get my life back on track by joining the Marines ...but now i look back and thank God that i didnt make it....cause if i did then I wouldve probably been dead from fighting the war in the Middle East which in my opinion is a war without a noble and just cause....so in other words... feel that my life has been saved because of my eye condition.
Also, I can still drive perfectly anywhere (without corrective lenses) and can find anything with the help of a GPS.
Offcourse this took ALOT of practice to compensate for me low vision driving skills.
I can see separately with both eyes which can be a helpful talent regarding peripheral vision in self defense and sports.
Offcourse i have had alot of trouble in the dating scene due to my eyes and confidence.
However, I have learned to compensate for that and boost my confidence by becoming a great salsa dancer, weightlifter, and runner...and just an overall sweet person
I have always had trouble seeing the chalk board at school and even sitting in the front row wouldnt help much...so i would have to use a monocular to see the boar...which offcourse attracted attention...even if i sat in the very back.
But in the end this has taught me to become a very independent learner...i would learn the class material not from what the teacher wrote on the board, but by reading the textbooks at home.
This has even led to me tutoring people who have perfectly good vision and no disabilities.
Currently i am going to school to be a math teacher
Even after saying all this....i will admit that i still do get insecure at times and annoyed by how my eyes affect my social interactions.....however i always remind myself of the positive side which it has brought me .....along with the fact that "the grass is always greener on the other side"Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Pirateman on 10/12/2013 at 11:36 AMI am a 38 year old man with a lazy right eye. I read a lot of peoples entries and stories on this page, but I dont understand all the whining and complaining.
Yes it sucks not to see 3D movies. Yes it can affect depth perception and put us Amblyopers at a competitive sports disadvantage. Yes people do at a certain distance look at you and say you talking to me? This is how u deal with it people...you come up with ways to make others..the 2 sighters as I call them feel like they have the problem. Okay 3D movies...opt out n tell your friends that want to see 3D should understand that 3d is just a bunch of Hollywood crap to sell more tickets and most good directors n producers don't need 3d to get an audience. Tell them u like meat on the bone in your scripts and not sophomoric carnival ride clownish movies...and then look them in the eye or eyes whatever your comfortable with and tell them the 3 D world is what we live in everyday. Sports..ok stay the hell away from ping pong, but who really gets positive attention bragging about ping pong accolades...none. Play sports on large fields where you have time to use your brain more and be ready to react based on what you learn with practice rather than perception. Now about those pesky idiots who say you talking to me? My favorite...they know you are talking to them but they are so unsure of themselves that they are fearful to answer you because they might look dumb...well the solution is to look them dead in the face..raise up your stature and say exactly this with an assertive tone. Yes who else would I be talking to? They will look bewildered...so fun...or u can talk to them from the left or right side depending on where your good eyes sits...oh and for more fun..with the same person..look over there right shoulder n talk to them ..do this for an entire conversation...trust me they won't ask u if u are talking to them ever again no matter where u look. Anyway stop whining and start seeing that this slight issue is nothing compared to what's out there. My greatest fear is that I lose vision in my good eye...that's what u should worry about. Protect that good eye and try and live with yourself as best you can. Oh one last thing if u get headaches or eyes train then get an eyepatch...for your bad eye..let the good one guide you. I carry one at all times in my pocket..it is black and large..it attracts tons of attention and in large crowds I feel like Moses as they shuffle left n right to get outta my way and when you accidentally shoulder check someone..which will happen n they get pissed then when they see your patch they just nod n walk away. I love my patch...it's awesome..when strangers ask what happened I always tell them I have a terribly contagious eye infection and my doctor said I need to wear th patch to hopefully stop any airborne transmission...ha at that point they have run away. I hope my words of wisdom helped. Re: adult lazy eyePosted by cgoebel on 8/28/2013 at 2:02 PMAnyone try this?
Don't know how effective it might be, but sounds like it might be worth a try. Re: adult lazy eyePosted by Lasteye on 5/15/2013 at 10:09 AMHi ZAC,
Do you still check this forum ?
I would be delighted in having your feedback. I am now 30.
At age 8 I went up to 20/25, since I went back down to 20/200. I am starting vision therapy since I had injury to my good eye. Vision is still 20/15 but I have traumatic Mydriasis and Cataract.
I would like to share experiences with you about the therapy.
Regards,
John
PS: anyone with vision therapy, I would be interested in sharing exchanging with you.Re: adult lazy eyePosted by leeny22 on 5/2/2013 at 7:08 PMI'm a 25 year old female and i'm so glad I found this website through Google search! I am very sorry to hear about all the bad experiences that a lot of you went through and I can garantee you that I've been though a lot myself
so I know EXACTLY how you guys feel.
I am legally blind since birth and I also have a lazy eye, on my right one and all I can say is that it sucks big time! If ya'll think you got it bad, check this out:
I was diagnosed with microcornea from the day I was born which means both my corneas are much smaller than the normal size and my eyes are
really messed up., the left eye is small, it keeps looking towards my nose and it barely moves! My right
one looks outwards and it has a weird colour due to my eye condition, conclusion. I need to wear a corrective contact lense on my right eye and a damn artificial eye on my left one. It doesn't look normal because the prosthetic eye doesn't move much and the contact lense is not exactly the same colour when you look real close.I hate mirrors because they never lie, hate photos, hate going out and my worse nightmare is to look people in the eye, which I never do. I got to the point where I don't even look straight ahead when walking in the street and most of the time i'm looking down because my disability is so noticeable. I totally hate my life and there is not a single day that i don't come across the thoughts of killing myself. I've been to many doctors and all they say is that there's nothing they can do and they won't risk a surgery as}

我要回帖

更多关于 hit me up是什么意思 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信