Should College Students Live on Campus?大学生应该读的书住在校园里吗

HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.当前位置: >>
英语六级作文预测范文(7)
英语 六级 作文预测 范文 #e# 2010年06月英语 六级 作文 范文 议论型作文 1. Should College Students Live on Campus a. 有些人喜欢住在学校的宿舍,因为 b. 有些人喜欢住在校外,因为 c. 我的看法 There are an in
英语作文预测#e#
2010年06月英语作文
议论型作文
1. Should College Students Live on Campus
a. 有些人喜欢住在学校的宿舍,因为&&
b. 有些人喜欢住在校外,因为&&
c. 我的看法
&&&& There are an increasing number of students who choose to live off campus. Parents and university administrations understandably reacted differently. They voiced concerns about security and the threat of off-campus lifestyles getting out of control. However, college students have their own reasons for their choices.
&&&& Some students prefer to live on campus for the following reasons. First, campus residents are closer to classes, the library,and other resources, so they are more likely to succeed in college and complete their bachelor&s degree in four years. Furthermore, Living in a dorm is a great opportunity to meet all kinds of new people and develop relationships with them, so students living on campus are more sociable. Last but not the least, living on campus is cheaper and more convenient. Often times, off-campus housing is more expensive than on-campus housing and while living on campus, you don&t have to worry about monthly rent payments and utility bills.
&&&& Some others choose to live off campus because they believe living off campus they are more independent, with more privacy and a lot more quiet time. Living off campus gives them freedom from those dorm rules and allow them to set their own. The extra space also means that one can probably find a quiet place to study in the convenience of his own home.
&&&& As for me, I&m a faithful supporter of the former group because I, living on campus myself, have witnessed and enjoyed all the convenience and happiness of doing so. To me, living on campus undoubtedly adds an important element to the complete college experience.
Directions: Suppose you are Wei Qiang and you will graduate from university. Write a letter of inquiry to the Department of Physics, University of Wisconsin, asking for admission as a graduate student.
July, 2007
Dear Sirs,
&&&& I am very interested in undertaking graduate work in your university. I have read research papers by two of your professors Dr. Thomas Bay and Mr. Sherry Haily. I&d like to study under their guidance.
&&&& In September of 2003 I was enrolled in the Computer School of the XYZ University as a computer major. Throughout the four years of study, I take this field as one of great potentials for my country. I feel the need to study further in order to develop well in this area.
&&&& I would appreciate receiving your materials such as departmental brochure or pamphlet,and a university catalog or bulletin.
&&&& Thank you for your consideration. I am looking forward to your reply.
Respectfully yours,
3. Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an essay entitled Selfishness in Dormitory Life. You should write at least 120 words following the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 大学寝室里自私自利的现象比较普遍
2. 分析出现这种现象的原因
3. 呼吁大学生改变这种不智之举
&&&& Selfishness is a bit prevailing in university dormitories. Some never care about others& needs or offer help to their roommates. Some even interrupt others& normal daily life by speaking loudly, turning on the loudspeakers and telephoning at midnight.
&&&& As the only children in their families, most of them are the apples of their parents& eye. They have been spoiled and are used to being satisfied. Therefore, they hardly pay any attention to others& feelings initiatively. What they care about is how to meet their own demands and how to get what they need from others. Moreover, selfish people do not know mutual respect and mutual help are keys to harmonious dormitory life.
&&&& Selfishness erodes youngsters& mind and may well undermine their all-round development. Only when we become respectful and helpful to each other, can we create a healthy atmosphere for dormitory life.
4. Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an essay entitled Say &Thank You& to Parents. You should write at least 150 words following the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 很多的大学生从未跟父母道过谢
2. 请说明原因
3. 你的建议
&&&& According to a recent survey involving over 3000 undergraduates, 35% of university students have never said &Thank you& to their parents. Their parents have done all they could to bring them up in the past score of years, but have never been rewarded with gratitude.
&&&& The subjects claim such reasons as follows. First and foremost, a quarter of the interviewed students regard it as parents& duty to support them spiritually and financially. And it is not necessary to express appreciation to their parents. However, the majority of youngsters are aware of their parents& tender love but are not accustomed to saying &Thank you&. Some even find a generation gap between themselves and their parents, thus feeling reluctant to express their affection for their parents.
&&&& In my opinion, extending thankfulness to our parents is a way of respecting them and their love. We should express our feelings directly and bravely, but what&s more important is, we should do all that we can to reward them.
&&& I still remember the day when I first came to the college. Being a boy of 17, I was longing for a new life
but, at the same time, I had no idea what college life would be like.&&
&&& That morning when the bus carried me to the gate of the college. I was so excited that my heart was beating very fast as if it would leap out of my mouth. From now on, I would be a student of this college. After registration, we were led by an instructor to the dormitory, where, for the first time, we were going to live without parents but roommates. I was so clumsy that I did not know how to make the bed and fix the mosquito net. .
&&& In the afternoon, I took a walk around the campus together with my roommates. To think of studying in such a beautiful place made me feel quite proud of myself. As we were walking along, talking and laughing, a voice came into our ears, &Oh, look at these freshmen!& It was our middle-school-students& looking that gave us away. We continued our tour of the college, inspecting every building and every garden until the sun began to set.
&&& In the evening, we sat together, talking about the past and the future. We were so excited that no one wanted to go to bed.建议:
本文关键词(Tag):
与 英语六级作文预测范文(7) 相关的文章如下:
------分隔线----------------------------
作文地带为大家整理了一些很不错的六级英语作文写作时可以用到的好句子,大家尽量背诵...
第一节:六级作文试题分析 一. 六级作文试题分类 六级作文从试题角度可以分为现象解释...
四六级考试降至,作文地带特为大家提供16篇六级考试题型,及参考范文,目的不是说预测...
求职申请信模板:1.申请何职位。2.介绍自己特长而引起注意。3.强调自己符合要求,加...
英语写作点睛之笔100句由英语作文网编辑为大家幸苦整理,转载请注明出...
英语作文网本期题目就是去年12月的六级原题How to improve student's mental health大...大学英语六级写作练习范文
大学英语六级写作练习范文
  越来越多的人从事志愿者工作;志愿者工作对社会的意义是什么?作为大学生,我们应该怎么做?下面是小编整理的作文,大家可以参考参考。
  英语六级作文范文【1】
  题目要求:
  1. 越来越多的人从事志愿者工作;
  2. 志愿者工作的社会意义;
  3. 作为大学生,应该怎么做
  范文:
  In recent years, the volunteering spirit has spread among the Chinese people, especially among youngsters. According to a survey, in 2008, there were about 1,700,000 volunteers who offered service for Olympic Games. Actually, an increasing number of people become volunteers every year in China。
  Volunteering actions are of tremendous benefits to both those in need and the society. Olympic Games are a good example. As is known to all, volunteers played an active role in Beijing Olympic Games. Without them, it would be a tough task to hold this un-precedent Olympic Games. Therefore, we can say that it was those volunteers who ensured the success of these games。
  As modern college students, we should get actively involved in volunteering activities. By participating, we can learn how to work well in a team, how to improve our interpersonal skills and organizational ability. Undoubtedly, all of these are critical for our person growth. So, we should take this chance to learn and to grow.
  英语六级作文范文【2】
  题目要求:
  1. 很多的大学生毕业后留在大城市工作;
  2. 也有人选择到小城镇开始自己的职业生涯;
  3. 结合自己的实际情况谈谈自己的想法。
  范文:
  Want to be a small fish in a big pond or the other way round? Every graduate faces this question when starting his career. A large number of college graduates prefer to stay in big cities,which mean more experiences, more opportunities to see the big world and more space for career development. At the sam e time, higher salary is another temptation。
  But some other graduates intend to start in small towns. Even though there may not be many big companies, they can have a quieter and less competitive life. Another reason is that they can be a big fish in a small pond. They can easily get the management&s attention and may win promotion earlier。
  As far as I am concerned, I prefer to start in a metropolis like Shanghai. A good begin is half the battle, and in Shanghai I can find a job in a big company where I can meet people from different places and cultures. I will learn from them what I can not get from textbooks.
  英语六级作文范文【3】
  题目要求:
  1. Should College Students Live on Campus
  a. 有些人喜欢住在学校的宿舍,因为&&
  b. 有些人喜欢住在校外,因为&&
  c. 我的看法
  范文:
  There are an increasing number of students who choose to live off campus. Parents and university administrations understandably reacted differently. They voiced concerns about security and the threat of off-campus lifestyles getting out of control. However, college students have their own reasons for their choices。
  Some students prefer to live on campus for the following reasons. First, campus residents are closer to classes, the library, and other resources, so they are more likely to succeed in college and complete their bachelor&s degree in four years. Furthermore, Living in a dorm is a great opportunity to meet all kinds of new people and develop relationships with them, so students living on campus are more sociable. Last but not the least, living on campus is cheaper and more convenient. Often times, off-campus housing is more expensive than on-campus housing and while living on campus, you don&t have to worry about monthly rent payments and utility bills。
  Some others choose to live off campus because they believe living off campus they are more independent, with more privacy and a lot more quiet time. Living off campus gives them freedom from those dorm rules and allow them to set their own. The extra space also means that one can probably find a quiet place to study in the convenience of his own home。
  As for me, I&m a faithful supporter of the former group because I, living on campus myself, have witnessed and enjoyed all the convenience and happiness of doing so. To me, living on campus undoubtedly adds an important element to the complete college experience。
下页更精彩:1
本文已影响人
大学英语六级写作练习范文相关推荐英语六级作文: Should College Students Live Alone off Campus or Living with Roommates on Campus? 大学生应该在校外租房独住还是在校内与同学合住?_甲虫英语作文网
您现在的位置: >
Should College Students Live Alone off Campus or Living with Roommates on Campus? 大学生应该在校外租房独住还是在校内与同学合住?
  1.有人认为大学里应独自生活
  2.另一些认为大学里应与别人同住
  3.你的看法
  【精彩范文】
   Should College Students Live Alone off Campus or Living with Roommates on Campus?
     As adults, college students are responsible individuals capable of sensible and independent judgments and decisions. Living on or off campus is really a matter of personal choice and different students can make their decisions that best accord with their individual needs.
  Over the years, as many Chinese families become financially well-off, they can afford their sons and daughters better-equipped apartments off campus. In the rented accommodation, a student enjoys greater personal freedom&a more tranquil environment in which they can concentrate on their studies and greater privacy with which they can associate with their friends, including their boyfriends or girlfriends. Those are all unalienable human rights guaranteed by the Constitution. As long as those students behave within legal boundaries and their off-campus life does not affect their academic performance as students, there is no reason why college students should not live off campus.
  However, living off campus does pose problems. A student living alone may incur greater personal risks. With less time to mix with classmates, he or she will be less competent as a team player. Having to spend much time traveling to the campus, the student will have serious challenges to be punctual for classes. Finally, without their independent income, most students will certainly increase financial burdens on their parents. Therefore, any students with serious intentions to live off campus should really have serious thoughts about those issues before they actually make their choices.
  【参考译文】
  大学生应该在校外租房独住还是在校内与同学合住?
  作为成年人,大学生已是能担当责任的人,完全可以做出明智和独立的判断与决定。因此,是否居住在校内,纯属个人喜好; 不同的学生完全可以自己来拿主意,只要这些决定能最大程度地符合其个体需求。
  在过去几年中,随着许多中国家庭在经济上日趋富裕,家长们完全有能力来让其子女在校外享受有着更好设施的公寓。在租来的房屋里,学生可以享有更多的个人自由。例如,可以拥有一个更为宁静的环境,专心致志地进行学习;或者,可以拥有更多的私密空间,与朋友们&&包括男朋友或女朋友&&进行自由交往。所有这些,都是《宪法》所保障的不可剥夺的人权。只要学生在法律范围内行事,他们校外的生活不影响其学业表现,就没有理由不让大学生在校外租房独住。
  但是,在校外居住确实会构成某些问题。孤身一人的学生, 会招致更多的人身风险。由于没有那么多的时间与同学们朝夕相处,他们作为团队成员的能力就会差一些。此外,由于上学途中要耗费相当多的时间,他们如何能确保准时到校上课,将会面临严峻的挑战。
  最后,由于没有自己独立的经济来源,大多数租房独住的学生,无疑会加重其父母的经济负担。因此,任何真正想在校外租住的学生,应该严肃认真地把这些问题思考透彻,然后再去做出他们最终的选择。
  【值得熟记的句式与短语】
  1. sensible and independent judgments and decisions明智和独立的判断与决定
  2. Living on or off campus是否居住在校内
  3. best accord with their individual needs最大程度地符合他们的个体需求
  4. better-equipped apartments更好设施的公寓
  5. personal freedom个人自由
  6. a more tranquil environment一个更为宁静的环境
  7. unalienable human rights guaranteed by the Constitution《宪法》所保障的不可剥夺的人权
  8. within legal boundaries法律范围内
  9. academic performance学业表现
  10. pose problems构成问题
  11. independent income独立的经济来源
  12. financial burdens经济负担
Copyright © 2015-当前位置: >>
>> 雅思范文:住在大学寝室还是在外租房?
雅思范文:住在大学寝室还是在外租房?
发表时间:字号:|
Livinginuniversitydormitoriesorapartmentsinthecommunity?
Ithinkitisbetterforcollegestudentstoliveoncampusduringtheirfirsttwoyears,andthenmoveintoanapartmentforoff-campuslife,whilejuniorsandseniorsnee...Living in university dormitories or apartments in the community?
&&&&& I think it is better for college students to live on campus during their first two years, and then move into an apartment for off-campus life, while juniors and seniors need the independence of off-campus life.student’s needs change over four years, so their housing should too.
&&&&& Living on-campus makes it easier to get oriented to the way things are done. You get the whole university experience. Plus, you interact more with other students. This includes not only your roommates, but everyone in your dormitory. The older students in the dormitory can be a big help for the new students. Keeping up with studies in your first year is hard enough. You should not have to worry about finding your way around and figuring out the university bureaucracy.
&&&&& Living in the dormitory also make a student feel more a part of the uniersity community. There are more opportunities for becoimg involved in university activities and networking with students and university administraction.
&&&&& Living off-campus, however, is a definite advantage for older students. Fingding an apartment, dealing with leases and the landlord’s regulations, cooking meals, and figuring out budgets are all good practice for life after graducation. This kind of independence helps older students grow in adulthood.
&&&&& Off-campus housing also gives students a better perspective on what is going on around them. Campus can be like little worlds of their own. There are few children or older people and everyone is focused on education. Getting to know neighbors who are not students is good for students coming from difference places. It is a chance to find out what other people think and feel.
&&&&& I think a combination of two years on-campus and two years off-campus is a winning combination for most students.
推荐阅读:
—选择城市和课程快速选课}

我要回帖

更多关于 大学生是否应该创业 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信