what does may like doing what you like?怎么做?

正确教育旗下网站
网校:8299所
24小时更新:2825
总量:5721742
广东省惠阳一中实验学校学年高二下学期期中考试英语试题(B)
广东省惠阳一中实验学校学年高二下学期期中考试英语试题(B)
资料类别:
所属学科:
适用地区:
所属版本:通用
资料类型:
下载扣点:0点
上传时间:
下载量:4841次
文档大小:113KB
所属学校:惠阳区第一中学
所属资料:
内容简介文档简介为自动调取,可能会显示内容不完整,请您查看完整文档内容。
学年高二下学期期中考试英语试题(B)
命题人:舒珺珺
Ⅰ听力(共10小题,每小题1.5分,满分15分)
请听第一段对话,回答第1-3题。
1. What does the woman like doing?
A. Going to the rock and roll concert.
B. Going to the cinema.
C. Going to the gallery.
2. What does the man like doing?
A. Painting, watching football games.
B. Playing the guitar, talking to the woman.
C. Both A and B.
3. What will the two speakers do?
A. They’re going to have a chat.
B. They’re going to the museum.
C. They’re going to the cinema.
请听第二段对话,回答第4-6题。
4. Whom may the man buy a mobile phone for?
A. His sister’s daughter.
B. His own daughter.
C. His brother’s son.
5. What kind of mobile phone does the man buy?
6. How much does the man pay for the mobile phone?
A. 990 dollars
B. 850 dollars
C. 900 dollars
请听第三段对话,回答第7-8题。
7. Why did the man decide to go to the library?
A. He should return the books.
B. He wanted to do some studying.
C. One of his classes finished early.
8. After getting the books, what did the man do?
A. He put them in his book-bag.
B. He took notes on them.
C. He checked them out.
请听第四段独白,回答第9-10题。
9. Why didn’t people cook in the distant past?
A. Because they didn’t know how to do.
B. Because they found no fire at that time.
C. Because they didn’t like smoke.
10. What did people do when fires broke out?
A. They moved to the riverside.
B. They ran away from the forest.
C. They stayed in their caves.
Ⅱ 语言知识及应用(共两节,满分45分)
第一节 完形填空(共15小题;每小题2分.满分30分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意.然后从1—25各题所给的A、B、C和D项中,选出最佳选项并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
__11 _ first had no enough money, and then he was married. His wife had not wanted him to ___12 _ her. At last his wife __13 _ to the trip if he allowed her to go, too.
“But it will be very uncomfortable,” Mr. Jones ___14 _ her, “It will be very hot and we shall live in a tent and it may be dangerous.” “I don’t care,” said his wife, “I want to go with you.” So they bought a big tent, camp beds, a refrigerator which didn’t need electricity and many other things which would make the trip ___15___, and went off to the middle of Africa.
The first morning, ___16___ Mr. Jones took his gun and left the tent, he gave his wife a bell and explained to her, “If you fall in __17 _ and you need me, ring this bell and I’ll come at once.”
After a few minutes, he heard the bell and returned quickly to the tent. “What’s the matter?” he asked. “___18___,” said his wife, “I was only ___19___ the bell.” Mr. Jones went off, but after a quarter of an hour, the bell rang ___20___.
Mr. Jones hurried back to the tent, but his wife said, “I’m __21__. I was cleaning our tent, and I knocked the bell over by mistake.” Mr. Jones returned to his __22__, but soon he heard the __23__ once more. This time, when he got back to __24__, the tent was burning and Mrs. Jones was lying on the ground, with __25 _ running from a big cut on her shoulder. “That’s better!” said Mrs. Jones. “This time the bell had been used correctly!”
11. A. For
12. A. miss
13. A. agreed
B. permitted
C. satisfied
D. allowed
14. A. told
B. advised
C. persuaded
15. A. different
B. perfect
C. comfortable
D. interesting
16. A. while
17. A. hurry
B. surprise
18. A. Something
B. Nothing
19. A. ringing
D. cleaning
20. A. again
21. A. happy
D. all right
22. A. wife
B. hunting
23. A. cry
24. A. garden
25. A. water
第二节语法填空(共10小题;每小题1.5分,满分15分)
阅读下面短文,按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求,在空格处填入一个适当的词或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空,并将答案填写在答题卡标号为--35的相应位置上。
A motto is a sentence or a phrase _____ can inspire us especially when we are __27__ (face) with difficulties. Many of us have our mottoes, such as “Where there is a will, there is a way.” Or “Nothing is difficult if you put your heart into it.”, and so on. My motto is “God helps those who help ___28__.” Sometimes I am lazy and don’t want to make efforts ___29___(work) hard, ___30___ the moment I think of my motto I will get energetic again and devote myself to what I am doing. I write my motto ___31___ I can see it easily. Every time I fail in my exam and begin to lose heart, the sight of my motto inspires me with much ___32___(confident). My motto also makes me become ___33___ independent person. That is to say, I won’t rely on others easily.
My friends, what is your motto? If you still haven’t got a motto, please choose ___34__ because a motto can have a great effect ___35___ you.
Ⅲ 阅读(共两节,满分50分)
第一节:阅读理解(共小题;每小题2分,满分0分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的A、B、C和D项中选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。A
As prices and building costs keep rising, the “do-it-yourself” (DIY) trend in the US continues to grow.
“We need furniture for our living room”, says John Rose, “and we just didn’t have enough money to buy it. So we decided to try to making a few tables and chairs.”
John got married six months ago, and like many young people these days, they are struggling to make a home at a time when the cost of living is very high. The Roses took a 2-week course for $ 280 at a night school. Now they make all their furniture and repairs around the house.
Jim Hatfield has three boys and his wife died. He has a full-time job at home as well as in a shoe-making factory. Last month, he received a car repair bill for $420. “I was deeply upset about it. Now I’ve finished a car repair course, I should be able to fix the car by myself.”
John and Jim are not unusual people. Most families in the country are doing everything they can do to save money so they can fight the high cost of living. If you want to become a DIY, you can go to DIY classes. And for those who didn’t have time to take a course, there are books that tell you how you can do things yourself.
36. It can be inferred that many newly married people _________________.
A. find it hard to pay for what they need
B. seldom go to a department store to buy things
C. have to learn how to make their own furniture
D. must take some courses to better their life
37. John and his wife went to evening classes to learn how to______________.
A. make furniture
B. improve the quality of life
C. make or repair things
D. save money and time
38. What does the sentence “He has a full time job at home” mean?
A. Jim makes shoes in his home
B. Jim needs to do housework and looks after his children
C. Jim does some extra work at home
D. Jim runs a shoe-making factory at home
39. Jim decided to become a DIY when ________.
A. he had to raise the children all by himself
B. he becomes an unusual person
C. the car repair class wasn’t helpful
D. his car repairs cost very much
40. According to the text, many US citizens want to become DIYs mainly in order to ________.
A. improve themselves
B. save money
C. attract government’s attention
D. show their anger
Unless action is taken immediately, there is a good chance that all the oceans of the world will be dead by the year 2010. How can this possibly happen?
We have already seen that people allow all sorts of waste products to flow into the sea. It is almost impossible to measure how much waste water and industrial waste end up in our oceans, but we can find out how much oil is poured into them legally and illegally. It is illegal to pour oil into the sea close to the shore, but when a ship is many miles out to sea there are no such rules. Scientists have different ideas as to the amount of oil put into the sea, but the lowest figure for oil poured in European waters alone is nearly 200 000 tons every year. Some people say the figure could be ten times as high.?
It is not only our coasts that suffer from oil pollution. Among other things, many shell fish (creatures which live in water), and have a hard shell — oysters and mussels, for example — now have high amounts of poisonous substances. Next time you have shell fish to eat, how can you be sure that they are free from oil pollution? You cannot see the effects and you cannot taste them, either. It is really quite a problem.?
41. This passage is mainly about_________________.?
A. pollution in the oceans
B. oil pollution in the waters
C. the amounts of poison in shell fish
D. the amounts of oil in the sea
42. According to the passage, what is the main cause of oil pollution??
A. Oil ships which meet and strike each other.?
B. Oil poured at sea when the oil tanks are cleaned out.?
C. Oil from waste water and industrial waste.
D. Oil coming out of the bottom of the sea.
43. Which of the following is illegal according to the passage?
A. Pouring oil into the sea from land, especially when there is no other choice.
B. Pouring oil at seaside.
C. Allowing waste materials to flow into the waters.?
D. Going fishing when the water is polluted by oil.?
44. According to the passage, which one is true?
A. The amount of oil put into the sea is nearly
tons in the globe.
B. Every year, the figure for oil poured in the ocean is
tons in Europe.
C. Some people think the figure for oil poured is estimated too low.
D. The highest amount of oil put into the oceans reaches
tons in globe.
45. Which of the following statements is WRONG according to the passage? ?
A. The water body of the earth will be dead by the year 2010 without any effective measure.
B. All the Oceans in the world are polluted by oil.?
C. It's possible that all the creatures in the sea will die out if no action is taken.
D.Some kinds of the living things in waters have been poisoned and we must be careful of them
Growing up in Philadelphia, Lieberman started cooking with his stay-at-home dad when he was seven. His food-loving family had two kitchens, and he quickly learned what was the best way to bake his cakes was. Lieberman improve his kitchen skills greatly during a year abroad before college, learning from a cook in Italy and studying local specialties in Germany, Spain and France. At Yale, he was known for throwing dinner parties, single-handedly frying and baking with mixing drinks for dozens of friends. Just for fun, he and some friends decided to tape a show named Campus Cuisine about his cooking. Lieberman was a real college student showing his classmates how to do things like making drinks out of dining-hall fruit. That helped the show become very popular among the students. They would stop Lieberman after classes to ask for his advice on cooking. Tapes of the show were passed around, with which his name went beyond the school and finally to the Food Network.
Food Network producer Flay hopes the young cook will find a place on the network television. He says Lieberman’s charisma is key. “Food TV isn’t about Food anymore,” says Flay. “It’s about your personality and finding a way to keep people’s eyeballs on your show.”
But Lieberman isn’t putting all his eggs in one basket. After taping the first season of the new show, Lieberman was back in his own small kitchen preparing sandwiches. An airline company was looking for someone to come up with a tasteful, inexpensive and easy-to-make menu to serve on its flights. Lieberman got the job.
46. We can learn form the text that Lieberman’s family ___________________.
A. have relatives in Europe
B. love cooking at home
C. often hold parties
D. own a restaurant
47. The Food Network got to Lieberman__________________________.
A. at one of his parties
B. from his teachers
C. through his tape show
D. on a television program
48. What does the underline word “charisma” in the text refer to
A. A natural ability to attract others
B. A way to show one’s achievement
C. Lieberman’s after-class interest
D. Lieberman’s fine cooking skill.
49. Why did the airline company give Lieberman the job?
A. He could prepare meals in a small kitchen.
B. He was famous for his shows on Food TV.
C. He was good at using eggs to make sandwiches.
D. He could cook cheap, delicious and simple meals.
50. What can we learn about Lieberman from the text?
A. He is clever but lonely
B. He is friendly and active
C. He enjoys traveling around
D. He often changes his menus
People in the United States honor their parents with two special days: Mother’s Day, on the second Sunday in May, and Father’s Day, on the third Sunday in June.
Mother’s Day was proclaimed a day for national observance by President Woodrow Wilson in 1915. Ann Jarvis from Grafton, West Virginia, had started the idea to have a day to honor mothers. She was the one who chose the second Sunday in May and also began the custom of wearing a carnation.
In 1909, Mrs. Dodd from Spokane, Washington, thought of the idea of a day to honor fathers. She wanted to honor her own father, William Smart. After her mother died, he had the responsibility of raising a family of five sons and a daughter. In 1910, the first Father’s Day was observed in Spokane. Senator Margaret Chase Smith helped to established Father’s Day as a national commemorative day, in 1972.
These days are set aside to show love and respect for parents. They raise their children and educate them to be responsible citizens. They give love and care.
These two special days are celebrated in many different ways. On Mother’s Day people wear carnations. A red one symbolizes a living mother. A white one shows that the mother is dead.Many people attend religious services to honor parents. It is also a day when people whose parents are dead visit the cemetery. On these days, families get together at home as well as in restaurants. They often have outdoor barbecues for Father’s Day. These are days of fun and good feelings and memories.
51. According to the passage, which of the following about the second Sunday in May isn’t true?
A. It is a day to show love to mothers
B. It is a day to wear carnations
C. It is a day for many people to attend religious services
D. It is a day for people to visit the cemetery
52. Choose the right time order of the following events.
a. The first Father’s Day was observed
b. Mother’s Day was proclaimed a day for national observance
c. Father’s Day became a day for national observance.
d. The idea of honoring fathers was bought up
A. d a b c B. a b c d
C. b a c d
D. d a c b
53. Who plays the most important role in Father’s Day becoming a national commemorative day?
A. Mrs. Do
Ann Jarvis
C. Margaret Chase Smith
D. Woodrow Wilson
54. From the passage, we know in the U.S. ________________.
A. one should wear a red carnation if one’s mother pass away
B. The purpose to have these two special days is to show love to parents
C. on Father’s Day, people often stay at home to celebrate the special day.
D. on Mother’s Day, families often go out to have barbecues
55. The author’s purpose of writing this passage is to __________
A. call on people to love and respect their parents.
B. show how important fathers and mothers are
C. tell the difference between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day
D. introduce Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
第二节 信息匹配(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
阅读下列应用文及相关信息,并按照要求匹配信息。请在答题卡上将对应题号的相应选项字母涂黑。以下是演讲会的资料:
AAre you interested in “Dream of the Red Mansion”(Hong Lou Meng)? Listen to a lecture on this classical novel.
Venue: National Museum of Chinese Modern Literature (Beijing).
Time:9:30A.m. Price: free Tel:010– B. “Jiaguwen” is among the oldest pictographic characters in the world.How much do you know about it? Get all the answers at this free lecture.
Venue: Dongcheng District Library (Beijing)
Time: 9:00 A.m.Price: free
Tel: 010 –
C. Former United Nations interpreter Professor Wang speaks about her experiences and shares her understanding of the cultural differences between East and West.
Venue: National Library of China (Beijing)
Time: 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p. m.
Price: free
D. Qi Baishi, one of China’s greatest modern painters, was also a poet, calligrapher(书法家) and seal-cutter(刻印者). Can you appreciate his works? Then come to spend the time with us.
Venue: Beijing Art Academy
Time: 9:00 A.m. – 11:00 A.m.
Price: 10 yuanTel: 010 -
E. It is the year of the Dog, and you can see “Fu” everywhere. But how much do you know about dogs – man’s best friend? What is “Fu” and where does it come from? Why do people hang “Fu” character upside down on the door? Get all the answers from this free lecture.
Venue: Capital Library (Beijing)
Time: 2:00 p. m.
Price: free
Tel: 010 -
F. About 160 cultural relics from Guangdong, Macao and Hong Kong are on display to April 15th. Meanwhile experts will talk about the important roles these three cities have played in the past two thousand years of Sino–Western exchanges.
Venue: Beijing Art Museum
Time: 2:00 p. m. – 5:00 p. m.
Price: 20 Yuan, students 10 Yuan
以下是想去听演讲的人员的基本信息,请匹配适合他们的演讲内容。
6. Edward is a senior student in Beijing Foreign Language University. He likes traveling and has
made up his mind to work as an interpreter for some joint–venture enterprises (合资企业).
7. Steve and Mark are both studying in the Chinese Department of China’s Renmin University.
They want to do some research on Chinese ancient literature.
58. Lora and Peter, visiting professors from Australia, are both crazy about Chinese traditional culture. At weekends they like to call on Chinese families to learn about Chinese festivals as
well as their history.
59. Simon comes from Egypt. He is now studying in Beijing Art Academy. He shows great interest in Chinese ancient characters. Now he wants to know much about it.
60. Alice is now studying in Beijing University, and she is especially interested in Chinese writing. In her spare time she enjoys drawing, writing poems and is fond of sharing her pieces with her classmates.
Ⅳ 写作(共两节,满分40分)
第一节 基础写作(共1小题,满分15分)
[写作内容] 最近,你班举行了一个“What will the future be like?”的专题讨论会,请你写一篇短文来反映讨论结果。
有人说 未来科学更发达,交通更方便,人的寿命更长,生活水平更高。
有人说 未来自然资源更少,耕地锐减,环境污染更严重,交通事故更多。
你的看法 应着重保护自然资源,减少环境污染。
[写作要求]只能使用5个句子表达全部的内容;将5个句子组织成连贯的短文;
可适当增加情节,使表达连贯。
[评分标准]
句子结构准确,信息内容完整,篇章结构连贯。
(共1小题,满分25分)
阅读下面的短文,然后按照要求写一篇150左右的英语短文。
In junior high school, one of my classmates, Ethan, was addicted to TV. This boy simply knew everything about such pop shows as Who’s the Boss?
Then one day Ethan’s mother made an offer in order to draw him back to his school subjects. She promised that she would give him $200 if he could go a full month without watching any TV. None of us thought Ethan could do it, but he did quite well. His mom paid him $200. He went out and bought a TV, the biggest he could find.
In recent years, hundreds of schools have carried out experiments with paying kids with each for showing up or getting good grades. All school kids admire this trend. But it upsets adults. Teachers say that we are rewarding kids for doing what they should be doing of their own will. Psychologists warn that money can actually make kids perform worse by making the act of learning cheap. The debate has become a typical battle over why our kids are not learning at the rate they should he despite decades of reforms and budget increases.
[写作内容] 1以约30词概括上文的主要内容。
2以约120词对用金钱鼓励孩子学习的现象进行议论,内容包括:
(1)你对用金钱鼓励孩子学习的看法(2)你的父母(或其他亲人)是如何鼓励你学习的;
(3)你认为怎样才能更好地鼓励孩子学习。
[写作要求]1可以使用实例或其它论述方法支持你的论点,也可以参照阅读材料的内容,但不得直接引用原文中的句子;标题自定。[评分标准] 概括准确,语言规范,内容合适,篇章连贯。
英语科试卷(B卷)
I听力(共10小题,每小题1.5分,满分15分) 1-5 BCBAB 6-10CCAAB
II 语言知识及应用(共两节,满分45分)
第一节 完形填空(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)
[答案及解析]11—
16-20 DCBCA
21-25CBCCD
第节 (共1小题;每小题分,满分分)
III 阅读(共两节,满分50分)
第一节:阅读理解(共小题;每小题2分,满分0分)36—40
41—45 BCBCB
51~55 DACBD
本文说明的是海水的污染问题之一: 向海中倾倒油所导致的污染。如果不立刻采取措施的话,在2010年之前所有的海洋就极有可能都变成死水一潭。
41.B。主旨大意题。短文说明的是海水的污染问题之一: 向海中倾倒油所导致的污染。2.C。细节理解题。根据第二段的第二句话“It is almost impossible to measure how much waste water and industrial waste end up in our oceans”?可知。?3.B。细节理解题。根据第二段“It is illegal to pour oil into the sea close to the shore”可知。4.C。细节理解题。根据第二段 “Some people say the figure could be ten times as high”45.B。是非判断题。根据第一段可知,如果没有立刻采取措施的话,在2010年之前所有的海洋就极有可能都变成死水一潭,所以现在还没有出现这样情况。
这篇文章介绍母亲节和父亲节。美国人民以两个特殊的日子向父母表示敬意,这便是每年五月第二个星期日的母亲节和六月第三个星期日父亲节。
51.。细节理解题。解析:这个选项的说法不够准确。 五月的第二个周日是母亲节,在这一天有些父母逝世的人会去墓地看父母。52.。推理判断题。解析:根据第二自然段第三自然段关于母亲节及父亲节形成的先后关系来判断。53.。推理判断题。 解析:从第三自然段最后一句话Senator Margaret Chase Smith helped to established Father’s Day as a national commemorative day, in 1972. 看出:是参议员史密斯于1972年帮助把父亲节推广为全国性节日的。54.。推理判断题。解析:第一自然段就提到People in the United States honor their parents with two special days: Mother’s Day’s, on the second Sunday in May, and Father’s
Day, on the third Sunday in June.表明美国人民以两个特殊的日子向父母表示敬意,这便是每年五月第二个星期日的母亲节和六月第三个星期日父亲节。55.。主旨大意题。解析:写这篇文章的目的是介绍母亲节和父亲节。
第二节 信息匹配(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分) 写作(共两节,满分40分)
第一节 基础写作(共1小题,满分15分)
What will the future be like?
Recently our class has held a discussion on “What will the future be like?” some students think that in the future science will be more advanced ,and transportation will be more convenient, and what’s more, people will live much longer and the level of their living conditions will be higher. However, some students think that in the future natural resources will further decrease and farmland will become more serious, and there will be more traffic accidents. In my opinion, we should try to protect natural resources and decrease environment pollution.
第二节 读写任务(共1小题,满分25分)
【读写任务优秀范文选登1】
What should people really do encourage their kids to concentrate their time and energy on studying lessons and doing well? People’s opinions differ from each other about this problem.
Some schools, teachers and parents give their students or kids money as a stimulating means in order to encourage them to do what they should do effectively, this phenomenon is common in recent years and it is welcome by most of the young. I don’t think it is an effective way, on the contrary it may lead to the opposite result.
My parents and family often tell me some encouraging stories in ancient or modern times such as Li Bai, Zhou Enlai and so on. Each time I make a little progress in my study, they always praise me with open arms, and whenever I am confronted with difficulties my family always stand my side. I feel comfortable and warm in my heart for what they do for me. I make up my mind that I’ll live up to my family and my homeland.
I think, as a student myself, school and parents should educate their kids through teaching them to study for their family and their motherland rather than giving them money to letr them passively do something. Only by building up some noble and long-range aims can they study on their own initiative.
【读写任务优秀范文选登2】
The passage is mainly about parents give money to their children so that they can show up or get good grades recently by the way of taking the example of Ethan and his mother.
Ethan’s mother failed to stop Ethan watching TV by rewarding him with cash. This kind of action is common, and even become a trend, which is concerned by many adults.
Form where I stand, I am not in favour of encouraging kids with cash just because they have got good marks.
My parents used to encourage me like this. Whenever I made progress in my studies, they bought me my favourite books, which not only made me motivated to learn, but also helped me get along well with my studies.
To get kids motivated to learn, I think we should not treat every child in the same way. To some students, oral praise is essential. Don’t save the praise for only the top score. If possible, involve other adults in praising them. However, this method may not work well with other kids. May what is more important to them is to watch a movie or go on a trip together with their parents. It just depends.
高考学习网( ),您身边的高考专家
欢迎广大教师踊跃来稿,稿酬丰厚。
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
高考学习网( ),您身边的高考专家
欢迎广大教师踊跃来稿,稿酬丰厚。
预览已结束,如需查看所有内容,请下载资料!
对不起,此页暂时无法预览!
官方微信公共账号
资源库-微信公众号}

我要回帖

更多关于 what does she like 的文章

更多推荐