英译中:Mary didn't know me but she tookbut it was a chancee on

“It is a dreadful thing to be poor a fortnight before Christmas, ” said Clorinda, with the mournful sigh of seventeen years.
Aunt Emmy smiled. Aunt Emmy was sixty, and spent the hours she didn’t spend in a bed, on a sofa but Aunt Emmy was never heard to sigh.
“The gifts which money can purchase are not the only ones we can give,” said Aunt Emmy gently, “nor the best, either.”
“Oh, I know it's nicer to give something of your own work,” agreed Clorinda, “but materials for fancy work cost too. That kind of gift is just as much out of the question for me as any other.”
“That was not what I meant,” said Aunt Emmy.
“What did you mean, then?” asked Clorinda, looking puzzled.
Aunt Emmy smiled.
“Suppose you think out my meaning for yourself,” she said. “That would be better than if I explained it. Besides, I don't think I could explain it. Take the beautiful line of a beautiful poem to help you in your thinking out: '
The gift without the giver is bare. ”
“I'd put it the other way and say, 'The giver without the gift is bare,” said Clorinda. “That is my predicament(窘境)exactly. Well, I hope by next Christmas I'll not be quite bankrupt. I'm going into Mr. Callender's store down at Murraybridge in February. He has offered me the place, you know.”
“Won't your aunt miss you terribly?” said Aunt Emmy gravely. “I think she would rather have your companionship than a part of your salary, Clorinda,” said Aunt Emmy. “But of course you must decide for yourself, dear.”
“Well, I must say bye-bye and run home.” Clorinda lived just across the road from Aunt Emmy in a tiny white house behind some huge willows. But Aunt Mary lived there too--the only relative Clorinda had, for Aunt Emmy wasn't really her aunt at all. Clorinda had always lived with Aunt Mary ever since she could remember.
Clorinda puzzled over Aunt Emmy's meaning for days. Then all at once it came to her. On Christmas Day, Clorinda went over to Aunt Emmy's.Aunt Emmy was lying on the sofa before the fire, and Clorinda sat down beside her.
“I've come to tell you all about it,” she said. “Aunt Emmy, I thought for days over your meaning ... And then one evening it just came to me. At first I didn't think I could give some of them, and then I thought how selfish I was. I would have been willing to pay any amount of money for gifts if I had had it, but I wasn't willing to pay what I had. I got over that, though, Aunt Emmy. Now I'm going to tell you what I did give.”
“First, there was old Aunt Kitty. You know she was my nurse when I was a baby. She is always glad when I go to see her, but I've never gone except when I couldn't help it. She is very deaf, and rather dull and stupid, you know. Well, I gave her a whole day. I took my knitting yesterday, and sat with her the whole time and just talked and talked. She was
she told me when I came away that she hadn't had such a nice time for years. ”
“Then there was ... Florence. You know, Aunt Emmy, we were always intimate friends until last year. Then Florence once told Rose Watson something I had told her
in confidence . I found it out and I was so hurt. I couldn't forgive Florence, and I told her plainly I could never be a real friend to her again. Florence felt badly, because she really did love me, and she asked me to forgive her, but it seemed as if I couldn't. Well, Aunt Emmy, that was my Christmas gift to her ... my forgiveness.”
“I gave Aunt Mary her gift this morning. I told her I wasn't going to Murraybridge, that I just meant to stay home with her. She was so glad--and I'm glad, too, now that I've decided so.”
“Your gifts have been real gifts, Clorinda,” said Aunt Emmy. “Something of you--the best of you--went into each of them.”
“I didn't forget you, Aunt Emmy,” she said, as she unpinned the paper.
There was a rosebush. Aunt Emmy loved flowers. She put her finger under one of the roses and kissed it.
“It's as sweet as yourself, dear child,” she said tenderly. “And it will be a joy to me all through the lonely winter days. You've found out the best meaning of Christmas giving, haven't you, dear?”
“Yes, thanks to you, Aunt Emmy,” said Clorinda softly.
小题1:Clorinda felt anxious before Christmas because___________.
A.She had to leave Aunt Mary
B.She didn’t know what kind of Christmas gifts she should buy
C.She had not enough money to buy Christmas gifts
D.She had no time to make a proper decision
小题2: Which of the following sentences can best explain the line “The gift without the giver is bare.”?
A.A gift is valued by the mind of the giver.
B.Forgiveness is a gift for the giver and the receiver.
C.You cannot buy love or respect with expensive gifts.
D.Think twice before you give gifts to somebody
小题3:What is the gift that Clorinda gave to old Aunt Kitty?
A.Passion
B.Sympathy
C.Kindness
D.Company
小题4:What does the underlined phrase “in confidence” mean?
A.respectfully
B.confidently
C.secretly
D.willingly
小题5: Which two words can best describe Aunt Emmy?
A.cute and joyful
B.kind-hearted and emotional
C.optimistic and wise
D.gentle and timid (羞怯的)
小题6:Which of the following is the best title?
A.A Special Christmas
B.Clorinda’s Gifts
C.Aunt Emmy
D.Clorinda’s Choice_人物传记类阅读&&&故事类阅读 - 看题库
“It is a dreadful thing to be poor a fortnight before Christmas, ” said Clorinda, with the mournful sigh of seventeen years.
Aunt Emmy smiled. Aunt Emmy was sixty, and spent the hours she didn’t spend in a bed, on a sofa but Aunt Emmy was never heard to sigh.
“The gifts which money can purchase are not the only ones we can give,” said Aunt Emmy gently, “nor the best, either.”
“Oh,&I know it's nicer to give something of your own work,” agreed Clorinda, “but materials for fancy work cost too. That kind of gift is just as much out of the question for me as any other.”
“That&was not what I meant,” said Aunt Emmy.
“What&did you mean, then?” asked Clorinda, looking puzzled.
Aunt&Emmy smiled.
“Suppose&you think out my meaning for yourself,” she said. “That would be better than if I explained it. Besides, I don't think I&could&explain it. Take the beautiful line of a beautiful poem to help you in your thinking out: '
The gift without the giver is bare.”
“I'd&put it the other way and say, 'The giver without the gift is bare,” said Clorinda. “That is my predicament(窘境)exactly. Well, I hope by next Christmas I'll not be quite bankrupt. I'm going into Mr. Callender's store down at Murraybridge in February. He has offered me the place, you know.”
“Won't&your aunt miss you terribly?” said Aunt Emmy gravely. “I&think she would rather have your companionship than a part of your salary, Clorinda,” said Aunt Emmy. “But of course you must decide for yourself, dear.”
“Well,&I must say bye-bye and run home.” Clorinda&lived just across the road from Aunt Emmy in a tiny white house behind some huge willows. But Aunt Mary lived there too--the only relative Clorinda had, for Aunt Emmy wasn't really her aunt at all. Clorinda had always lived with Aunt Mary ever since she could remember.
Clorinda&puzzled over Aunt Emmy's meaning for days. Then all at once it came to her. On&Christmas Day, Clorinda went over to Aunt Emmy's.Aunt Emmy was lying on the sofa before the fire, and Clorinda sat down beside her.
“I've&come to tell you all about it,” she said. “Aunt&Emmy, I thought for days over your meaning ... And then one evening it just came to me. At first I didn't think I&could&give some of them, and then I thought how selfish I was. I would have been willing to pay any amount of money for gifts if I had had it, but I wasn't willing to pay what I had. I got over that, though, Aunt Emmy. Now I'm going to tell you what I did give.”
“First,&there was old Aunt Kitty. You know she was my nurse when I was a baby. She is always glad when I go to see her, but I've never gone except when I couldn't help it. She is very deaf, and rather dull and stupid, you know. Well, I gave her a whole day. I took my knitting yesterday, and sat with her the whole time and just talked and talked. She was
she told me when I came away that she hadn't had such a nice time for years. ”
“Then&there was ... Florence. You know, Aunt Emmy, we were always intimate friends until last year. Then Florence once told Rose Watson something I had told her
in confidence. I found it out and I was so hurt. I couldn't forgive Florence, and I told her plainly I could never be a real friend to her again. Florence felt badly, because she really did love me, and she asked me to forgive her, but it seemed as if I couldn't. Well, Aunt Emmy, that was my Christmas gift to her ... my forgiveness.”
“I&gave Aunt Mary her gift this morning. I told her I wasn't going to Murraybridge, that I just meant to stay home with her. She was so glad--and I'm glad, too, now that I've decided so.”
“Your&gifts have been real gifts, Clorinda,” said Aunt Emmy. “Something of you--the best of you--went into each of them.”
“I&didn't forget you, Aunt Emmy,” she said, as she unpinned the paper.
There&was a rosebush. Aunt&Emmy loved flowers. She put her finger under one of the roses and kissed it.
“It's&as sweet as yourself, dear child,” she said tenderly. “And it will be a joy to me all through the lonely winter days. You've found out the best meaning of Christmas giving, haven't you, dear?”
“Yes,&thanks to you, Aunt Emmy,” said Clorinda softly.
小题1:Clorinda felt anxious before Christmas because___________.
A.She had to leave Aunt Mary
B.She didn’t know what kind of Christmas gifts she should buy
C.She had not enough money to buy Christmas gifts
D.She had no time to make a proper decision
小题2: Which of the following sentences can best explain the line “The gift without the giver is bare.”?
A.A gift is valued by the mind of the giver.
B.Forgiveness is a gift for the giver and the receiver.
C.You cannot buy love or respect with expensive gifts.
D.Think twice before you give gifts to somebody
小题3:What is the gift that Clorinda gave to old Aunt Kitty?
A.Passion
B.Sympathy
C.Kindness
D.Company
小题4:What does the underlined phrase “in confidence” mean?
A.respectfully
B.confidently
C.secretly
D.willingly
小题5: Which two words can best describe Aunt Emmy?
A.cute and joyful
B.kind-hearted and emotional
C.optimistic and wise
D.gentle and timid (羞怯的)
小题6:Which of the following is the best title?
A.A Special Christmas
B.Clorinda’s Gifts
C.Aunt Emmy
D.Clorinda’s Choice
试题分析:文章讲述Clorinda因为没有钱买礼物在圣诞节前感到焦虑,Aunt Emmy,对Clorinda说了一句话,并让她自己想这句话的含义,想了几天后,Clorinda终于想通了真正的礼物不是用钱,而是用自己的方式给了周围的人礼物和快乐。
小题1:细节题:从第一段的句子:“It is a dreadful thing to be poor a fortnight before Christmas,可知Clorinda在圣诞节前感到焦虑是因为她没有钱买礼物,选 C
小题2:句意理解题:Aunt Emmy,对Clorinda说:'The gift without the giver is bare.”并让她自己想这句话的含义,想了几天后,她终于想通了这句话的真正意思,她没有用钱,而是花心思给了周围的人快乐,所以这句话的意思是“因为给与者的用心礼物才珍贵”,选A
小题3:细节:从文章的句子; Well, I gave her a whole day. I took my knitting yesterday, and sat with her the whole time and just talked and talked.可知Clorinda给Aunt Kitty 的礼物是陪伴。选D
小题4:猜词题:从文章的句子:Then Florence once told Rose Watson something I had told her in confidence. I found it out and I was so hurt.可知Florence 将Clorinda 秘密告诉她的事情告诉了Rose Watson ,所以Clorinda感到很受伤,“in confidence”是“秘密地”,选C
小题5:推理题:从文章第二段的内容:可知Aunt Emmy 是乐观的,从她对Clorinda 说的话,可知她是很明智的,选C
小题6:标题确定题:文章是围绕Clorinda 对于圣诞礼物的担忧,选择,给与礼物来展开叙述的,所以选B阅读理解 Mary always wanted to be a singer. Music was the most important thing in her life. But, to tell you the truth, she had a terrible voice. She took lessons for many years, but her voice didn't bec 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
  阅读理解
  Mary always wanted to be a singer. Music was the most important thing in her life. But, to tell you the truth, she had a terrible voice. She took lessons for many years, but her voice didn't become better. In fact, it just got louder.
  Her teacher finally gave up and stopped the lesson, but Mary refused to stop. One day she decided to give a concert and invited her teacher to attend.
  The teacher was very worried about what to say after the concert. She knew it would be a bad one.
  At last she got an idea and she went to see her pupil after the concert.
  “Well,” said Mary, “What did you think of my concert?”
  “My dear,” said the teacher, “You'll never be better than you were tonight. ”
1.After many years, Mary's voice ________.
A.was the same B.got better
C.got nicer D.got louder
2.At last her teacher decided to stop the lesson because ________.
A.Mary was not good at music and had too much trouble
B.Mary was good enough to be a singer
C.the teacher was going to attend the concert
D.Mary herself wanted to stop the lesson
3.Mary gave a concert and asked her teacher to ________.
A.speak B.sing
C.teach D.come
4.What the teacher said at last really means ________.
A.Mary did well in the concert
B.the concert was terrible and Mary was not a good singer at all
C.Mary would be a good singer some day in the future
D.Mary sang better this time than before
5.Mary refused to stop. Here “refused” means ________.
A.didn't want B.tried
C.couldn't D.happened
答案:D;A;D;B;A
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:初中英语
 When Mike and Kate were coming home from school yesterday afternoon, they saw a crowd of people.
 Mike and Kate joined the crowd. They were surprised to see two thieves in the street. The thieves were running out of the bank. They were holding bags full of money. The bank manager was running after them.
 A policeman was standing among the crowd, but he didn't do anything.
 “Quick!” Mike shouted to the policeman,
“Can't you see those thieves?”
 The policeman smiled. He pointed at a big camera.
“We're making a film,” he said.
“Those men aren't real thieves. They're actors. And I'm not a real policeman, either. I'm an actor,
1.Mike and Kate saw a crowd of people on their way
    .    [  ]
A. to the school       &
B. to the cinema
C. home          
D. to the shop
2. Why were the children surprised? Because they saw
    .    ]A.
a policeman        B. two thieves
C. a bank manager      
D. an actor
3. The thieves were running away     .    [  ]
A. with much money      B. in a car
C. with bags of books &&
   D. with cameras
4. The policeman saw the thieves,     .    [  ]
A. and he did something  &&
 B. but he did anything
C. and caught them     
 D. but he did nothing
5. What were the “policeman” and the
“thieves” doing? They were
A. taking photos        B. putting on the play
C. making a film        D. playing a game
(阅读理解)
  Dear Sir or Madam,
  Last Thursday,I traveled on the 8:00 a.m.train from Glasgow to London
King’s Cross and I was quite angry with the service of your company.
  The train didn’t come on time and it was forty minutes late when it left Glasgow.
A man at the station said sorry to us,but he didn’t give us any reasons for the delay(误点).We then had further delays on the way and had to wait another thirty minutes.As a result,I missed my plane from London to Frankfurt and had to wait for several hours.
  What’s more,the service on the train was also very poor.The trip took more than five hours.Unluckily,we could buy nothing but some soft drinks on the train.Worst of all,something was wrong with the air conditioning(空调系统) and it got hotter and hotter in the train.Before we reached King’s Cross,the temperature was over 40℃.
  Because of your poor service,I feel you should pay me compensation(赔偿).
  I am looking forward to hearing from you.
                                    Yours faithfully,
                                     David Robertson(1)
When did the train leave Glasgow?
  A.At 8:00 a.m.
  B.At 8:40 a.m.
  C.At 9:00 a.m.
  D.At 9:20 a.m.
How did David go to Frankfurt from London?
A.By plane.
B.By bus.
C.By car.
D.By train.
How long did David stay on the train?
A.40 minutes.
B.30 minutes.
C.70 minutes.
D.Over 5 hours.
What could David buy on the train?
A.Hot dogs.
B.Sandwiches.
C.Soft drinks.
D.Hamburgers.
Which of the following is NOT true?
  A.This is a complaint letter.
  B.David was very pleased with the trip.
  C.The service of the company was very poor.
  D.There was something wrong with the air conditioning on the train.
    There is a small shop in our school. We can buy exercise books,pens, colour pencils and so on in this shop. We can buy some food
  like bread, chocolate and orange juice there, too. Some of the things are cheap. The shop assistants(营业员)are very friendly
  to us. They all work very hard. The shop is open from 8:00 a. m. to 4:00 p. m., so the teachers and the students can buy things when
  (当)they are at school.
  判断下列句子是否符合短文内容,符合的用“T”表示,不符合的用“F”表示。
  1. We have a small shop in our school.&
    (  )
  2. We can buy only things for study in the shop.
                         (  )
  3. All the things in the shop are cheap.
  (  )
  4. The shop isn't open after 4 o'clock in the afternoon.
                         (  )
  5. The shop is for the teachers and the students in our school.
                         (  )
阅读理解  One day, Lei Feng was going to take a train for Dandong at Shenyang Station. He saw some people standing and talking in front of the gate. Lei Feng went over and saw a woman sitting there. She looked very worried.  Lei Feng went up to her and asked,&What's the matter, madam? Can I help you?&  & I'm from Shandong, and I'm on my way to Jilin to see my husband. I bought a ticket this morning, but I can't find it now.&  &It's not in any of your pockets?& asked Lei Feng.  &No. I'm sure it's lost, and I have no money to buy another one.Oh, dear! What shall I do?& Then she began to cry.
  &Don't worry. Let's see what we can do.&
  Lei Feng took the woman to the ticket office. There were still
some tickets left. He bought her a ticket and said, &The train is
going to leave in a minute. Let's hurry.&
The woman did not know what to say. She thanked Lei Feng again and again.
When the train was starting, she suddenly remembered that she did not know his name yet.
  根据短文内容,选择最恰当的答案。
  1. Why was the woman worried?
   A. she couldn't find her money.  
   B. She couldn't find her husband.
   C. She couldn't find her ticket.
   D. She couldn't find her way home.
  2. Where was the woman going?
   A. She was going to Shenyang.
   B. She was going to Jilin.
   C. She was going to Shandong.
   D. She was going to Dandong.  
  3. What did the woman do then?
   A. She began to cry.
   B. She went to the ticket office herself.
   C. She asked Lei Feng to help her.
   D. She found the ticket in one of her pockets.  
  4. What did Lei Feng do for the woman?
   A. He bought another ticket for the woman.
   B. He lent his money to the woman.
   C. He sent the woman to her home.
   D. He showed the woman the way to her home.
  5. What did the woman say to Lei Feng?
   A. She asked, &What's your name?&
   B. She said &Thank you& over and over.
   C. She was too moved(感动的)to say anything.
   D. She asked Lei Feng, &How much is the ticket?&  
来源:101网校同步练习 初一英语 外研版课标本 外研版课标本
  Eric Wilson, the reporter from Lifestyle Magazine, interviews two persons on how they spend their day.Read what they say and answer some questions.
  My name’s Stella.I usually leave at around eight fifteen.It takes me around forty minutes, and we start at nine-sharp.I take a coffee break at eleven, and then have my lunch at one o’clock.Pretty much the same hours as most people, I guess.I generally get home around six o’clock, have a snack, and then watch the news on TV at seven.I eat around eight, watch more TV or read a book, and try to be in bed by ten.Pretty boring, really, but that’s life.
  My name’s Sophie.You ask my daily routine---that’s kind of a strange thing to ask.Still, if you really want to know…I get up around eleven thirty, and I hang out and read the paper and drink some tea.Then I go to the gym around twelve thirty, till about one fifteen, I guess.Well, then I might do some shopping or visit a friend.I usually have something to eat around three thirty, and I leave home at six thirty, and get to work around seven.I work until eleven.I’m usually home by eleven thirty.I have a meal, watch TV or a video, and try and be in bed by one o’clock.Unusual, maybe, but I like it.
What does around mean in the sentence “I usually leave at around eight fifteen.”
在……周围
What does the sentence “We start at nine-sharp” mean?
We start earlier than nine o’clock.
We start at 9 o’clock.
We start later than 9 o’clock
We start at almost ten.
The word “unusual” probably means ________.
interesting
After work, what does Stella do before supper?
visit friends
do some shopping
read a book
How long does it take Sophie to get to work?
forty-five minutes
half an hour
forty minutes
What does Stella do when Sophie on her way home from work?
She is in bed.
She hangs out.
She takes a coffee break.
She watches a video.
Which job do you think is possible for Sophie?
She’s a student.
She’s a doctor.
She’s a teacher.
She’s a singer.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号}

我要回帖

更多关于 didn t know 歌词 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信