&&鲁教版54制初三下册英语
阅读已结束,下载本文需要
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,同时保存到云知识,更方便管理
加入VIP
还剩13页未读,
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢My father was 44 and knew he wasn&t going to make it to 45. He wrote me a letter and hoped that something in it would help me for the rest of my life.Since the day I was 12 and first read his letter, some of his words have lived in my heart. One part always stands out. “Right now, you are pretending to be a time-killer. But I know that one day, you will do something great that will set you among the very best.”Knowing that my dad believed in me gave me permission to believe in myself. “You will do something great.” He didn’t know what that would be, and neither did I, but at times in my life when I’ve felt proud of myself, I remember his words and wish he were here so I could ask, “Is this what you were talking about, Dad? Should I keep going?”A long way from 12 now, I realize he would have been proud when I made any progress.Lately, though, I’ve come to believe he&d want me to move on to what come next: to be proud of and believe in, somebody else. It&s time to start writing my own letters to my children. As mothers, our children look to us with the same unanswered question we had. Our kids don’t give up because they’re afraid to fail. They’re only afraid of failing us. They don’t worry about being disappointed. Their fear-as mine was until my father’s letter-is of being a disappointment.Give your children permission to succeed. They’re waiting for you to believe in them. I always knew my parents loved me. But trust me: That belief will be more complete, that love will be more real, and their belief in themselves will be greater if you write the words on their hearts: “Don’ you’ll do something great.” Not having that blessing from their parents may be the only thing holding them back.【小题1】Why did the father write a letter to the author? (No more than 20 words)___________________________________________________________________________________________【小题2】What did the father mainly want the author to learn from his letter?(No more than 15 words)_________________________________________________________________________________________【小题3】According to the passage, what does the underlined word “failing” mean in English?(No more than 2 words)__________________________________________________________________________________________【小题4】According to the passage, how did the author overcome her fear?(No more than 10 words)___________________________________________________________________________________________【小题5】If your parents were to write you a letter, what would you expect to read? Give your reasons. (No more than 25 words)扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
Could you tell to me something about their cultural background
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
Could you tell me something about their cultural background? 你能告诉我一些关于他们的文化背景吗?
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码}

我要回帖

更多关于 talk about english 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信