TED十佳演讲之什么是爱情精辟回答:人类性进化的启示

TED十佳演讲之什么是爱:人类性进化的启示(04)_TED十佳演讲话题_VOA英语网
TED十佳演讲之什么是爱:人类性进化的启示(04)
发表时间:内容来源:
It's time we moved beyond Mars and Venus,
男人来自火星,女人来自金星的时代已经过去
because the truth is that men are from Africa
现在所有人都知道真相,男人来自非洲
and women are from Africa.
女人也来自非洲
Thank you.
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢,谢谢
So a question.
It's so perplexing, trying to use arguments about evolutionary history
要将进化历史方面的证据转化为现今人类行动的依据
to turn that into what we ought to do today.
这是一件非常令人费解的事情
Someone could give a talk and say,
有些人演讲可能会说
look at us, we've got these really sharp teeth
看我们,我们有这些尖利的牙齿
and muscles and a brain that's really good at throwing weapons,
还有肌肉和脑,非常擅于投掷武器
and if you look at lots of societies around the world,
因此你可以在世界上很多地方
you'll see very high rates of violence.
看到高暴力事件发生率
Nonviolence is a choice like vegetarianism,
非暴力就像素食主义,是一种选择
but it's not who you are.
但你不一定要像那样
How is that different from the talk you gave?
你的演讲同这有什么区别
Well first of all,
the evidence for high levels of violence in prehistory is very debatable.
史前暴力水平有多高,在证据上还有争议
But that's just an example.
这只是一个例子
Certainly, you know, lots of people say to me,
显然,很多人都跟我说
just because we lived a certain way in the past
我们过去以某种方式生活
doesn't mean we should live that way now, and I agree with that.
并不意味着我们现在要以这种方式生活,我很赞同
Everyone has to respond to the modern world.
每个人都需要去适应现代世界
But the body does have its inherent evolved trajectories.
但人体有一些固有的进化轨迹
And so you could live on McDonald's and milkshakes,
你可以以麦当劳和奶昔为食
but your body will rebel against that. We have appetites.
但你的身体会反抗,我们有欲望
I think it was Schopenhauer who said, a person can do what they want
我记得叔本华曾说过,一个人可以做他想要做的
but not want what they want.
但不能意志他想要意志的
And so what I'm arguing against
因此,我要反驳的是
is the shame that's associated with desires.
同欲望相关的一些羞耻感
It's the idea that if you love your husband or wife
例如,虽然你爱你的丈夫或是妻子
but you still are attracted to other people, there's something wrong with you,
但你还被其他人所吸引,你会觉得自己犯了错
there's something wrong with your marriage, something wrong with your partner.
会觉得婚姻出了问题,会觉得配偶出了问题
I think a lot of families are fractured by unrealistic expectations
我认为很多家庭都受到了这种非现实预期的困扰
that are based upon this false vision of human sexuality.
而这种预期是对于人类性的错误观念
That's what I'm trying to get at.
这就是我要讲的观点
Thank you. Communicated powerfully. Thanks a lot.
谢谢你,很有力的论点,非常感谢
Thank you, Chris.
也谢谢你,克里斯
来自: 文章地址:
Latest News英语学习专题
听写强化训练系统有听写比对,按句停顿,中文翻译、听写错词提示等特色功能.
提供经济学人中英双语版文章、音频、中英字幕,类别包括文艺、人物、科技、商业等..
关注可可英语官方微信,每天将会向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料..
听力入门节目推荐
视频听力节目推荐
媒体资讯节目推荐
美文和演讲节目推荐
品牌听力节目推荐
可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)
每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.
添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。TED十佳演讲之什么是爱:人类性进化的启示(01)_TED十佳演讲话题_VOA英语网
TED十佳演讲之什么是爱:人类性进化的启示(01)
发表时间:内容来源:
I'm going to go off script and make Chris quite nervous here
我打算不按预定的来,这让克里斯很紧张
by making this audience participation.
我打算让观众参与互动
All right. Are you with me? Yeah. Yeah. All right.
懂我的意思吧,懂。很好
So what I'd like to do is have you raise your hand
我要你举手
if you've ever heard a heterosexual couple having sex.
如果你听到过异性恋夫妇做爱发出的声音
Could be the neighbors, hotel room, your parents. Sorry.
可以是邻居,酒店客房,或是父母,抱歉
Okay. Pretty much everybody.
几乎所有人都听过
Now raise your hand if the man was making more noise than the woman.
如果你听到男的制造出的声音比女的大,请举手
I see one guy there.
我好像只看到一个人举手
It doesn't count if it was you, sir.
如果是你的话,那就不算,先生
So his hand's down. And one woman. Okay.
他把手放了下来,还有一位女士,好
Sitting next to a loud guy.
坐在一个很吵的人旁边
Now what does this tell us?
这告诉我们什么
It tells us that human beings make noise when they have sex,
这告诉我们,人类在做爱时会发出声响
and it's generally the woman who makes more noise.
而且一般都是女性的声音大
This is known as female copulatory vocalization to the clipboard crowd.
顺便给大家讲下,这被称作女性交配发声
I wasn't even going to mention this,
我本不打算讲这个
but somebody told me that Meg Ryan might be here,
不过有人告诉我梅格&瑞安在这里
and she is the world's most famous female copulatory vocalizer.
而她是世界上最著名的女性交配发声者
So I thought, got to talk about that.
因此我想,我必须讲讲这个
We'll get back to that a little bit later.
后面我们还会回头讲一下这个
Let me start by saying human beings are not descended from apes,
首先我要讲的是,人类并不是猿的后裔
despite what you may have heard. We are apes.
虽然你们可能听说过,我们是猿
We are more closely related to the chimp and the bonobo
和人关系更近的其实是黑猩猩和倭猩猩
than the African elephant is to the Indian elephant,
这种亲缘关系比非洲象和印度象还近
as Jared Diamond pointed out in one of his early books.
这是贾雷德&戴蒙德在他早期著作中指出的
We're more closely related to chimps and bonobos than
我们同黑猩猩和倭猩猩的关系要近过
chimps and bonobos are related to any other primate
黑猩猩和倭猩猩同其它任何灵长类的关系
gorillas, orangutans, what have you.
无论是同大猩猩,红猩猩还是别的什么
So we're extremely closely related to them,
我们同它们的关系非常近
and as you'll see in terms of our behavior, we've got some relationship as well.
其实在行为上,我们也和它们非常类似
So what I'm asking today, the question I want to explore with you today is,
今天我要同你们一同探索的问题是
what kind of ape are we in terms of our sexuality?
就性而言,我们是怎样的猿
Now, since Darwin's day there's been what Cacilda and I have called
追寻达尔文的足迹,我和卡希尔达
the standard narrative of human sexual evolution, and you're all familiar with it,
提出了人类性进化的标准描述,你们应该很熟悉
even if you haven't read this stuff.
哪怕你们没有读过这些东西
The idea is that, as part of human nature,
其思想是,作为人类天性的一部分
from the beginning of our species' time,
从人类初始开始
men have sort of leased women's reproductive potential
通过将特定产品和服务提供给女性
by providing them with certain goods and services.
男性租用了女性的生殖潜能
Generally we're talking about meat, shelter, status, protection, things like that.
一般而言,我们讨论的是肉,住所,地位,保护这些
And in exchange, women have offered fidelity, or at least a promise of fidelity.
作为交换,女性则提供忠诚,或者至少是对忠诚的保证
Now this sets men and women up in an oppositional relationship.
这让男性和女性处在了对立的关系上
The war between the sexes is built right into our DNA, according to this vision. Right?
根据这种观点,两性之间的战争实际上是根植于DNA中的
What Cacilda and I have argued is that
我和卡希尔达认为
no, this economic relationship,
不,这个经济关系
this oppositional relationship,
这个对立关系
is actually an artifact of agriculture,
实际上是农业造成的
which only arose about 10,000 years ago at the earliest.
最早只出现在大约一万年前
Anatomically modern human beings
解剖学意义上的现代人类
have been around for about 200,000 years,
已经存在了大约二十万年
so we're talking about five percent, at most,
因此,这里顶多只是5%的
of our time as a modern, distinct species.
我们作为现代人类这一区别性物种的时间
So before agriculture, before the agricultural revolution,
在农业出现之前,在农业革命之前
it's important to understand that human beings lived in huntergatherer groups
我们需要理解,人类生活在狩猎采集的环境下
that are characterized wherever they're found in the world
无论处在世界上的什么地方
by what anthropologists called fierce egalitarianism.
这都被人类学家称作&残酷的平等主义&
They not only share things, they demand that things be shared:
他们不仅分享东西,还要求东西被分享
meat, shelter, protection, all these things
肉,住所,保护这些
that were supposedly being traded to women for their sexual fidelity,
原本被认为是女性用性忠诚来换取的东西
it turns out, are shared widely among these societies.
实际上是在社会范围内广泛共享的
Now I'm not saying that our ancestors were noble savages, and I'm not saying
我倒不是说,我们的祖先是高贵的野蛮人,或是
modern day huntergatherers are noble savages either.
现代狩猎采集者是高贵的野蛮人
What I'm saying is that
this is simply the best way to mitigate risk in a foraging context.
这不过是觅食环境中减少风险的最佳方式
And there's really no argument about this among anthropologists.
这在人类学界并没有太多争议
来自: 文章地址:
Latest NewsTED十佳演讲话题_演讲音频下载_VOA英语学习网 - 沙龙国际手机版
TED(指technology, entertainment, design在英语中的缩写,即技术、娱乐、设计)是美国的一家私有非盈利机构,该机构以它组织的TED大会著称,这个会议的宗旨是&用思想的力量来改变世界&。我们就以下每个主题挑选了十个最佳TED演讲。你在学习新知的同时也将感受惊奇、启发创意。本栏目是学习英语口语,练习英语听力的极好材料。
几年前,我接到一个十九岁的男孩打来的电话
艾丽丝·德雷格尔和她的同伴一起从事于边缘解剖学,例如连体儿和双性人.根据她的观察,在其他的结构特征中,男性和女性的分界线是很模糊的.为我们带来了一个问题:为什么要让我们的生理特征决定我们的命运.
这些研究的钱的来源最好是慈善,因为利润会分散生物技术研究公司的注意力
This list is j it is incomplete. 这个列表仅仅是一个例子,它是不完整的.
我的看法是 第一个问题完全是生物学的问题
治疗法比起治疗法中存在的缺陷 改进得更快
Of course, its a very short-term- its a losing battle, 当然,这是一个非常短暂的战略,是一个败仗
You know, if you havent got an argument thats that strong,你知道,如果你还没有比这一个说法更强的论点
剑桥大学的研究员奥布里德格雷Aubrey de Grey认为,衰老只不过是一种疾病——一种可治愈的疾病.根据奥布里德格雷Aubrey de Grey,人类的衰老主要体现在7个方面,所有这一切都可以得以避免.
改变基因就能使得人们生命更长久吗?
我们发现活到90或者100岁人里最常有的某种FOXO基因
So how can a hormone ultimately affect the rate of aging? 那么,激素到底是怎样影响衰老的速度呢?
So what is the daf-2 gene? 那么daf-2基因到底是什么?
什么控制着衰老? 生物化学家辛西娅·肯尼娅找到了一个变异基因,可以使秀丽隐杆线虫的寿命延长一倍.这项发现和其他发现一起,昭示出我们也许有一天能够显著延长人类青年期的寿命
Death can catch you anywhere, anytime, 死神可以在任何时间,任何地点抓到你
我们中的很多人都在网路社群上占有一席之地.各种状态更新、微博及网际关系构成了虚拟的个性储存在云端数据中.亚当·奥斯丘提出了一个值得深思的问题:在我们死后,这种个人特色将何去何从? 它还会继续存在吗?
&&&1&&&&&&&&
赞助商链接英语学习专题
听写强化训练系统有听写比对,按句停顿,中文翻译、听写错词提示等特色功能.
提供经济学人中英双语版文章、音频、中英字幕,类别包括文艺、人物、科技、商业等..
关注可可英语官方微信,每天将会向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料..
听力入门节目推荐
视频听力节目推荐
媒体资讯节目推荐
美文和演讲节目推荐
品牌听力节目推荐
可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)
每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.
添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。}

我要回帖

更多关于 什么是爱情精辟回答 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信