thanksgiving day能拆开写成tanks.gg giving day 么,要做手抄报标题

当前位置: >>
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Thanksgiving Day Preview:1.Preeminent [fml] above all others in importance or in having a particular quality or ability. 2.PilgrimspuritanIn the United Sta
tes the word &Pilgrims& usually refers to the English settlers of New England, who celebrated the &First Thanksgiving& with the Native Americans in 1621.3.Vessel 4.Cargovehiclea ship or large boat the things which are taken from one place to another in a ship, plane, or other a sacred song5.Psalms6. communal shared by or used by all the members of a group The Reformation (16th century~17th century)Martin LutherGermanyJohn CalvinSwitzerlandHenry VIIIBritain
Origin of Thanksgiving DayThanksgiving is America's preeminent day. It Journey of Pilgrims is celebrated every year on the fourth The in the month of November. the Atlantic Thursday legendary pilgrims, crossedIt has a in the year 1620 in Mayflower-A 17th very interesting history. Its origin can be Century the 16th century when the first traced back tosailing vessel. About 102 people traveled for nearly two months with thanksgiving dinner is said to have taken extreme place.difficulty. This was so because they were kept in the cargo space of the sailing vessel. No one was allowed to go on the deck due to terrible storms. The pilgrims comforted themselves by singing Psalms- a sacred song. Day of in Plymouth Arrival Fasting and PrayerIn the summer of 1621, owing rock The pilgrims reached Plymouth to on severe drought, pilgrims called for a December 11th 1620, after a sea journey of day of fasting and prayer to destination was 66 days. Though the original please God and ask for a bountiful harvest in somewhere in the northern part of Virginia, the could season. the place owing theycomingnot reachGod answered to winds their prayers off it rained at the end blowing themand course. Nearly 46 pilgrims of the day. extreme cold in crops. died due to It saved the cornwinter. However, in the spring of 1621, Squanto, a native Indian taught the pilgrims to survive by growing food . First Thanksgiving FeastIt is said that Pilgrims learnt to grow corn, beans and pumpkins from the Indians, which helped all of them survive . In the autumn of 1621, they held a grand celebration where 90 people were invited including Indians. The grand feast was organized to thank god for his favors. This communal dinner is popularly known as “The first thanksgiving feast”. There is however, no evidence to prove if the dinner actually took place. While some historians believe pilgrims were quite religious so, their thanksgiving would've included a day of fasting and praying, others say that the Thanksgiving dinner did take place. Thanksgiving Day CustomsThe Thanksgiving legacy has been alive for hundreds of years. The customs we see in our homes today remind us of ancient celebrations of harvest, thankfulness for peace, and the endeavors of native Americans. It consists of stories of those who believe that gratitude for blessings is a virtue all must possess. ? Custom of Praying For centuries, 'Thanksgiving Day' is associated with communal prayers in church and in homes. People offer various meal time prayers during the day. It is a time, when mankind thanks God for all his blessings and grace. It is also a day to show gratitude to your friends and relatives for all the good deeds. ? Custom of Family Dinner Everyone follows the custom of family dinner and reunion religiously every year. Distances don't really matter as relatives drive down to be with their family. Feasts are usually held at home. It is a time to enjoy their favorite 'Roasted Turkey' with the family. ? Custom of Decoration Thanksgiving is a time to decorate homes with wreaths, fresh and dried flowers. People beautify their homes, give the interiors a whole new look and feel. They light lamps to brighten the environment. Tables are adorned with best china and antique silver cutlery to mark the occasion. ? Custom of sending messages Thanksgiving is a day when people send loving messages and warm wishes to their relatives, colleagues at work place, superiors and subordinates, near and dear ones. It is a day of conveying their feelings through Thanksgiving cards. Food pumpkincornucopiaWhat are they?turkey cranberry corn beans
Foods of the season? ? ? ? ? ? ? baked or roasted turkey Stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy sweet potatoes cranberry sauce sweet corn other fall vegetables pumpkin pie
The menu for President Bush's Thanksgiving celebration at the Camp David retreat, as released by the White Hous ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Oven roasted turkey 烤火鸡 Cast-iron skillet cornbread dressing 平锅玉米面包 Jellied cranberry molds 酸莓糕 Sauteed green beans 嫩炒青豆 Zucchini gratin 南瓜派 Whipped sweet potato souffle 甜土豆 Buttered mashed potatoes 黄油土豆泥 Giblet gravy 杂碎肉汤 Morelia-style gazpacho 莫雷利亚凉菜汤 Fresh clover rolls with honey butter 蜂蜜黄油苜蓿卷 Pumpkin pie with whipped topping 白奶油南瓜派 Apple pie 苹果派 Apple crisp 苹果酥 Pumpkin mousse trifle 南瓜慕斯 Thanksgiving Day Jokes? Asked to write a composition entitled, &What I'm thankful for on Thanksgiving,& a student wrote , &I am thankful that I'm not a turkey.& ? Q: Who is not hungry at Thanksgiving? A: The turkey .because he‘s already stuffed! ? The pro football team had just finished their daily practice session when a large turkey came strutting onto the field. While the players gazed in amazement, the turkey walked up to the head coach and demanded a tryout. Everyone stared in silence as the turkey caught pass after pass and ran right through the defensive line. When the turkey returned to the sidelines, the coach shouted, &You're terrific!!! Sign up for the season, and I'll see to it that you get a huge bonus.& &Forget the bonus,& the turkey said, &All I want to know is, does the season go past Thanksgiving Day?& Thanksgiving Day wishes? Warm wishes at Thanksgiving. ? Thanks for being there as a friend so true! Happy Thanksgiving! You are the joy of my life. ? Have a MID-FULL Thanksgiving! ? A card can say more than a thousand words. Happy Thanks giving day! ? You are the joy of my life. From the childhood days on through adulthood, the sharing continues! Happy Thanks giving day! ? Just dig into the roast turkey. Wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving! ? It will be sad not to see you during the holiday when families get together. ? This is to our first Thanksgiving together. ? Our first Thanksgiving should be our best. ? It may not seem like much, but it is our first Thanksgiving together. ? I wouldn’t want to spend Thanksgiving with anyone else. Thanksgiving Day MessagesMay the Love of the season guides us through our Life time. Anna Lawrence Dear Aryaman Thanks so much for being there on my side and supporting me all through. Without you my life would have been incomplete. Love Akriti Sweet Jennifer On this Thanksgiving Day, I wish to say that I am honored to have you in my life. Thanks for loving and caring for me. Love Sam Dear Mummy and Papa You are the best parents any child can have. Thanks for being our parents. Arpit and Dolly Hi Dr. Priya You are the most special person in my life. You are my friend, philosopher, guide and lot more. Thanks for coming in my life. Ramakanth Thanksgiving Quotes? “God is pleased with no music below so much as with the thanksgiving songs of relieved widows a of rejoicing, comforted, and thankful persons.& Jeremy Taylor ? Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into hi be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good...& Psalm 100:4, 5a ? “There is one day that is ours. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American.” O. Henry ? He who thanks but with the lips T The full, the true Thanksgiving Comes from the heart. J.A. Shedd Why don’t we learn a phrase?? Talk Turkey: 打开窗户说亮话,说实在的 打开窗户说亮话,? 相传在北美殖民时期,一个白人和一个黑人去打猎,事先说 相传在北美殖民时期,一个白人和一个黑人去打猎, 好了平分打到的猎物. 好了平分打到的猎物.结果一天下来只打到一只火鸡和一 只鹧鸪.白人心里想要火鸡,但又不敢直接说, 只鹧鸪.白人心里想要火鸡,但又不敢直接说,于是对印第安 人说&如果你要火鸡,我就拿鹧鸪,如果你要鹧鸪, 人说&如果你要火鸡,我就拿鹧鸪,如果你要鹧鸪,我就拿火 鸡&,印第安人一听就明白了,于是针锋相对地说:&你一直在 &,印第安人一听就明白了,于是针锋相对地说:&你一直在 印第安人一听就明白了 :& 讲火鸡,现在让我也讲讲火鸡吧!& 于是talk 演变成& 讲火鸡,现在让我也讲讲火鸡吧!& 于是talk turkey 演变成& 打开窗户说亮话,说实在的,坦诚地说话&的意思了例: 打开窗户说亮话,说实在的,坦诚地说话&的意思了例:(1). If you are willing to talk turkey, the dispute between us can be easily s ettled. 如果你愿意实实在在地说话, 如果你愿意实实在在地说话,那么我们之间的争端就可以很容易地解 决. easy(2). Generally he is an easygoing person, but when it comes to religious belief he talks turkey. 一般来说,他是一个随和的人,但一谈到宗教信仰,他就正经起来. 一般来说,他是一个随和的人,但一谈到宗教信仰,他就正经起来. Now let’s watch some video!!! Happy November 26th!
Writing: Thanksgiving Day 2. Finish the exercises 六、课堂小结 七、板书设计 Module4 Unit 1 Happy Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is my favourite festival. What...Happy Thanksgiving Day259A4感恩节电子小报成品,感恩父母手抄报模板感恩老师电子简报小学生传统节日板报_小学教育_教育专区。标题双击修改,右键编辑文字也可以修改。内容...-2- Steve: Happy Thanksgiving Day! Alice: Do you have any plans? Steve: Not really, all my 1.___ (friend) are going home. It's like Chinese ...八年级英语上册 Unit 3 Lesson 16 Happy Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Day素材_英语_初中教育_教育专区。Thanksgiving Day Now I would like to give you some details...Happy Thanksgiving! 是新标准英语三年级起点第七册 Module4 Unit 1 的 一节新授课, 课文中 Simon 向 Daming 介绍美国的两个节日 Flag Day, Thanksgiving,描述...T: Dou you know Thanksgiving Day? Blackboard : Thanksgiving . This class,We will learn Module 4 Unit 1 Happy Thanksgiving . T: Listen and answer : ...Module 4 Unit 1 Happy ... 2页 2财富值 thanksgiving day 教案 3页 5财富值 教案---Thanksgiving Day 4页 2财富值 Module 4 Unit 1Happy tha... 暂无...Happy Thanksgiving教学设计_初二英语_英语_初中教育_教育专区。Lesson16 :Happy ...并了解大致意思 Where did Jenny’s family celebrate this Thanks-giving Day ...教学中的互联网《Happy_Thanksgiving》教案_六年级英语_英语_小学教育_教育专区。...2.( 教师课件展示 Thanksgiving Day 的图片 ) 【百度图片】 http://image....
All rights reserved Powered by
copyright &copyright 。文档资料库内容来自网络,如有侵犯请联系客服。2015感恩节英语手抄报:感恩名言
2015感恩节英语手抄报:感恩名言
  谁言寸草心,报得三春晖!
  Thanksgiving Day who statement inch grass heart, reported in the apartments!
  感恩节 滴水之恩,来日我当涌泉相报。
  Thanksgiving Day drips of TU, does Yongquan phase when I reported.
  感恩节 &患难见真知&,谢谢你帮我度过难关!
  Thanksgiving Day &Adversity shows insight,& Thank you help me tide over their difficulties!
  感恩节 谢谢你和我同舟共济!
  Thanksgiving Day thank you and I together!
  感恩节 千言万语,表达不了我的感激之情,我只能说,我已铭记在心。
  Thanksgiving Day I can not express the gratitude of, I can only say that I have in mind.
  Thanksgiving grass title ring to report Daendade.
  感恩节 您的恩情,我没齿难忘。
  Thanksgiving Day your kindness, I did not Tooth unforgettable.
  感恩节 大恩大德,铭记在心。
  Thanksgiving Day Daendade, bear in mind.
  感恩节 给你添了太多的麻烦,真是不好意思!
  Tim Thanksgiving Day to you too much trouble, really sorry!
  感恩节 谢谢你给我的关怀,把我宠坏,宠得我不知不觉飞起来,才知道冥冥之中有安排。
  Thanksgiving Day thank you for giving me the concern, spoiled me, I was unwittingly the inability to fly to know arrangement.
  感恩节 懒得客气地来和你说谢谢,咱们到哪个馆子里撮一顿,唠唠嗑,如何?
  Thanksgiving Day Too Lazy to and politely said thank you, We both that which crack with front teeth, how?
  感恩节 衷心谢谢你为我所做的一切!
  Thanksgiving Day, I sincerely thank you for doing everything!
  感恩节 谢了,哥们,下次有事儿别忘了找我!
  Thanksgiving Day Xie, buddies, the next thing that I do not forget to find!
  感恩节 你虽然两次救了我的命,但那都是你自己愿意的,我可没求你。
  Thanksgiving Day Although you twice saved my life, but are you willing to, I can not for you.
  既然我不领你的情,自然也不必说好听的话拍你马屁。
  Since I do not receive your feelings, naturally there is no need to shoot that good so you马屁.
  感恩节 你在家吗老兄,这几天连个人影都没了。
  Thanksgiving Day you at home?These days, not even a personal video.
  这么搞的嘛,你家伙也真是的。不跟你玩了。
  So engaging in the place, you really have the guy. Not with you playing.
  感恩节让我怎样感谢你,当我走向你的时候,我原想收获一缕春风,你却给了我整个春天。
  Thanksgiving Day Let me how to thank you, when I move toward you, I would like to harvest trace of the original spring, you Izvestia my entire spring.
  感恩节 感谢的话毋宁多言,总之,你是我一生的知己好友!
  Thanksgiving Day thank so rather say, a word, you are my lifelong friends and friends!
下页更精彩:1
本文已影响人
上一篇: 下一篇:
精彩抢先看New  Top
最热文章榜Hot  Top作文:感恩节(Thanksgiving Day)
& 感恩节(Thanksgiving Day)
感恩节(Thanksgiving Day)
  in 1620, a boat filled with more than one hundred people sailed across the atlantic ocean to settle in the new world(新大陆). this religious group had begun to question the beliefs of the church of england and they wanted to separate from it. the pilgrims settled in what is now the state of massachusetts. their first winter in the new world was difficult. they had arrived too late to grow many crops, and without fresh food, half the colony died from disease. the following spring the iroquois indians(美国纽约州东北部易洛魁族印第安人)taught them how to grow corn, a new food for the colonists. they showed them other crops to grow in the unfamiliar soil and how to hunt and fish.  in the autumn of 1621, bountiful crops of corn, barley(大麦), beans and pumpkins were harvested. the colonists had much to be thankful for, so a feast was planned. they invited the local indian chief and 90 indians. the indians brought deer to roast with the turkeys and other wild game offered by the colonists. the colonists had learned how to cook cranberries and different kinds of corn and squash dishes from the indians. to this first thanksgiving, the indians had even brought popcorn.  in following years, many of the original colonists celebrated the autumn harvest with a feast of thanks.  after the united states became an independent country, congress recommended one yearly day of thanksgiving for the whole nation to celebrate. george washington suggested the date november 26 as thanksgiving day. then in 1863, at the end of a long and bloody civil war, abraham lincoln asked all americans to set aside the last thursday in november as a day of thanksgiving.  thanksgiving falls on the fourth thursday of november, a different date every year. the president must proclaim that date as the official celebration.  thanksgiving is a time for tradition and sharing. even if they live far away, family members gather for a reunion at the house of an older relative. all give thanks together for the good things that they have.  in this spirit of sharing, civic groups and charitable organizations offer a traditional meal to those in need, particularly the homeless. on most tables throughout the united states, foods eaten at the first thanksgiving have become traditional.  symbols of thanksgiving  turkey, corn, pumpkins and cranberry sauce(酸果曼沙司)are symbols which represent the first thanksgiving. now all of these symbols are drawn on holiday decorations and greeting cards. the use of corn meant the survival of the colonies. &indian corn& as a table or door decoration represents the harvest and the fall season.  sweet-sour cranberry sauce, or cranberry jelly, was on the first thanksgiving table and is still served today. the cranberry is a small, sour berry. it grows in bogs(沼泽), or muddy areas, in massachusetts and other new england states. the indians used the fruit to treat infections. they used the juice to dye their rugs and blankets. they taught the colonists how to cook the berries with sweetener(甜味佐料)and water to make a sauce. the indians called it &ibimi& which means &bitter berry.& when the colonists saw it, they named it &crane-berry& because the flowers of the berry bent the stalk over, and it resembled the long-necked bird called a crane. the berries are still grown in new england.  in 1988, a thanksgiving ceremony of a different kind took place at the cathedral of st. john the divine. more than four thousand people gathered on thanksgiving night. among them were native americans representing tribes from all over the country and descendants of people whose ancestors had migrated to the new world.  the ceremony was a public acknowledgment of the indians' role in the first thanksgiving 350 years ago. until recently most schoolchildren believed that the pilgrims cooked the entire thanksgiving feast, and offered it to the indians. in fact, the feast was planned to thank the indians for teaching them how to cook those foods. without the indians, the first settlers would not have survived.
感恩节(Thanksgiving Day) 相关内容:
as the whether gets colder and the wind turns nippy, it's time to get ready for winter.most beijingers stock up on their winter arsenal with a heavy wool sweater, a long windproof coat, a down jacket, a set of long...
nba联盟执行主任比尔沃尔顿第一次看见姚明是在六年前的悉尼奥运会上,当他看到这位身高2米26的小巨人时,就被他的潜力镇住了。in his fifth season, yao is blowing people away more than ever.姚明在nba第五个赛季的表现的确镇住了很多...
god replied, among the many angels, i chose one for you. she will be waiting for you and will take care of you.but the child wasn't sure he really wanted to go....
chinese mobile phone users are being flooded with spam text messages。
i've opened the curtain of my east window here above the computer, and i sit now in a holy theater before a sky-blue stage. a little cloud above the neighbor's trees resembles jimmy durante's nose for a while, then...
it looks poorest when you are richest.the fault-finder will find faults in paradise. love your life, poor as it is.you may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poor-house....
the hardworking blacksmith jones used to work all day in his shop and so hard working was he that at times he would make the sparks fly from his hammer.the son of mr....
in the survey, which sampled 150 students from different grades and departments, 96 chose successful entrepreneurs as their idols, 91 added scientists and scholars to the list, while only some 75 opted for stars of...
查看更多>>Thanksgiving Day_关于感恩节的初中英语作文_中国作文网
中国作文网,小学生作文,初中作文,高中作文优秀作文大全! |||||||
||||| |||||
您当前的位置: →
→ Thanksgiving Day_关于感恩节的初中英语作文
Thanksgiving Day_关于感恩节的初中英语作文
&&& In the United States, the fourth Thursday in November is called Thanksgiving Day. On that day, Americans give thanks for the& blessings they& have& enjoyed& during& the& year.Thanksgiving Day is usually a family day.&&& People always celebrate with big dinners and happy reunions. Pumpkin pie and Indian pudding are traditional Thanksgiving desserts. Relatives from other cities, students who have been away at school, and many other Americans travel a long distance to spend the holiday at home. 注释: &&& 1) the fourth Thursday in November 11月的第四个星期四 &&& 2) give thanks for the blessings they have enjoyed during the year感谢一年来别人给他们的 &&& 3) a family day聚会 &&& 4) happy reunions的家庭团聚 &&& 5)Pumpkin pie and Indian pudding are traditional Thanksgiving desserts.南瓜馅饼和印第.安布丁是传统的节甜点。
原创投稿,百度搜索"中国作文网"个就是,记住们的域名:
上一篇作文:
下一篇作文:
本文标题:Thanksgiving Day_关于感恩节的初中英语作文&版权说明
作文标题: 作文地址:
1、中小学生优秀原创《Thanksgiving Day_关于感恩节的初中英语作文》一文由中国作文网()网友提供,版权归原作者本人所有,转载请注明出处!
2、转载或引用本网内容必须是以新闻性或资料性公共免费信息为使用目的的合理、善意引用,不得对本网内容原意进行曲解、修改,同时必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。
3、对于不当转载或引用本网内容而引起的民事纷争、行政处理或其他损失,本网不承担责任。}

我要回帖

更多关于 tanksgiving 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信