i was just about to leave whenin 2012 i had justremembered m

初二英语题(急)_百度知道【解析】略
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:学年四川省绵阳市南山中学高二上学期12月月考英语试卷(带解析)
题型:阅读理解
When I was growing up in America, I was ashamed of my mother’s Chinese English. Because of her English, she was often treated unfairly. People in department stores, at banks, and at restaurants did not take her seriously ,did not give her good service ,pretended not to understand her ,or even acted as if they did not hear her .W_w w.k*s*5 u.c@o mMy mother has realized the limitations of her English as well. When I was fifteen, she used to have me call people on phone to pretend I was she . I was forced to ask for information or even to yell at people who had been rude to her. One time I had to call her stockbroker (股票经纪人).I said in an adolescent voice that was not very convincing, “This is Mrs.Tan..” And my mother was standing beside me ,whispering loudly, “Why he don’t send me cheek already two week late.”And then , in perfect English I said : “I’m getting rather concerned .You agreed to send the check two weeks ago, but it hasn’t arrived.”Then she talked more loudly. “What he want? I come to New York tell him front of his boss.” And so I turned to the stockbroker again, “I can’t tolerate any more excuse. If I don’t receive the check immediately , I am going to have to speak to your manager when I am in New York next week.”The next week we ended up in New York. While I was sitting there red-faced, my mother, the real Mrs.Tan, was shouting to his boss in her broken English. When I was a teenager, my mother’s broken English embarrassed me. But now, I see it differently. To me, my mother’s English is perfectly clear, perfectly natural. It is my mother tongue. Her language, as I hear it, is vivid, direct, and full of observation and wisdom. It was the language that helped shape the way I saw things, expressed ideas, and made sense of the world.【小题1】Why was the author’s mother poorly served?w_w w. k#s5_u.c o*mA.She was unable to speak good English.B.She was often misunderstood.C.She was not clearly heard.D.She was not very polite.W_w w.k*s*5 u.c@o m【小题2】From Paragraph 2, we know that the author was ________&.A.good at pretendingB.rude to the stockbrokerC.ready to help her motherD.unwilling to phone for her mother【小题3】After the author made the phone call, _______.A.they forgave the stockbrokerB.they went to New York immediatelyC.they failed to get the checkD.they spoke to their boss at once【小题4】What does the author think of her mother’s English now?A.It confuses her.B.It embarrasses her.C.It helps her understand the world.D.It helps her tolerate rude people.【小题5】We can infer from the passage that Chinese English ________.w_w w. k#s5_u.c o*mA.is clear and natural to non-native speakersB.is vivid and direct to non-native speakersC.has a very bad reputation in AmericaD.may bring inconvenience in America
来源:学年浙江省绍兴市第一中学高二下学期阶段性考试英语试卷(带解析)
I cheated on a unit test in math class this morning during second period with Mr. Burke. Afterward, I was too sick to eat lunch just thinking about it. I came straight home from school, went to my room, and lay on the floor trying to decide whether it would be better to run away from home now or after supper. Mostly I wished I was dead. It wasn't even an accident that I cheated. Yesterday Mr. Burke announced there'd be a unit test and anyone who didn't pass would have to come to school on Saturday, most particularly me, since I didn't pass the last unit test. I did plan to study just to prove to him that I'm plenty smart—which I am mostly—except in math.Anyway, I got my desk ready to study on . Just when I was ready to work, Nicho came into my room with our new rabbit and it jumped on my desk and knocked the flashcards all over the floor. What a mess! Nicho and I finally took the rabbit outside but then Philip came to my room and also Marty from next door and before long it was dinner. After dinner my father said I could watch a special on television if I'd done all my homework. Of course I said I had. That was the beginning. I felt terrible telling my father a lie about the homework.It was nine o'clock when I got up to my room and that was too late to study for the unit test so I lay in my bed with the light off and decided what I would do the next day when I was in Mr. Burke's math class not knowing the 8- and 9-times tables. So, you see, the cheating was planned after all. The next day, I'd go into class as usual, acting like things were going just great. I'd sit down next to Stanley Plummer—he is so smart in math it makes you sick—and from time to time, I'd glance over at his paper to copy the answers. Lying on the floor of my room, I begin to think that probably I've been bad all along. It just took this math test to clinch it. I'll probably never tell the truth again. I tell my mother I'm sick when she calls me to come down for dinner. She doesn't believe me, but puts me to bed anyhow. I lie there in the early winter darkness wondering what terrible thing I'll be doing next when my father comes in and sits down on my bed. "What's the matter?" he asks. "I've got a stomachache," I say. Luckily, it's too dark to see his face. "Is that all?" "Yeah." "Mommy says you've been in your room since school." "I was sick there too," I say. "She thinks something happened today and you're upset." That's the thing that really drives me crazy about my mother. She knows things sitting inside my head the same as if I was turned inside out. "Well," my father says. I can tell he doesn't believe me. "My stomach is feeling sort of upset." I hedge. "Okay," he says and he pats my leg and gets up. Just as he shuts the door to my room I call out to him in a voice I don't even recognize as my own. "How come?" he calls back not surprised or anything. So I tell him I cheated on this math test. To tell the truth, I'm pretty much surprised at myself. I didn't plan to tell him anything.He doesn't say anything at first and that just about kills me. I'd be fine if he'd spank me or something. And then he says I'll have to call Mr. Burke. It's not what I had in mind. "Now?" I ask surprised. "Now," he says. He turns on the light and pulls off my covers. "I'm not going to," I say. But I do it. I call Mr. Burke, and I tell him exactly what happened, even that I decided to cheat the night before the test. He says I'll come on Saturday to take another test, which is okay with me, and I thank him a whole lot for being understanding and all."Today I thought I was turning into a criminal," I tell my father when he turns out my light. Sometimes my father kisses me good night and sometimes he doesn't. I never know. But tonight he does.【小题1】After the author cheated on the math test, he felt ____________.A.frightened because he might be caughtB.excited that he had succeededC.pleased that nobody knew itD.unhappy because he had done something wrong【小题2】By “It wasn't even an accident that I cheated”, the author means that ________.A.he had planned not to study before the testB.he decided to cheat when he knew there was going to be a testC.he decided to cheat after he had wasted the whole eveningD.he had planned to cheat with Plummer before the test【小题3】The author’ mother often drives him crazy because _____-.A.She really knows what he is thinkingB.she was very strict with himC.she doesn’t believe himD.she asks him to come down for dinner【小题4】After he was informed of what he had done, the father _______.A.scolded the author severelyB.didn’t say anything and leftC.called Mr. Burke immediatelyD.let the author make a call to Mr. Burke【小题5】The author’s father kissed the author good night because ________-.A.he had done something unusualB.he promised to study math harderC.he was willing to take a make-up testD.he realized his mistake and had the courage to admit it
来源:2014届湖北省沙市高二下学期第二次周练英语试卷(解析版)
When I was growing up in America, I was ashamed of my
mother’s Chinese English. Because of her English, she was often treated
unfairly. People in department stores, at banks and at restaurants did not take
her seriously, did not give her good service, pretended not to understand her,
or even acted as if they did not hear her.
My mother has realized the limitations of her English
as well. When I was fifteen, she used to have me call people on phone to
pretend I was she. I was forced to ask for information or even to yell at
people who had been rude to her. One time I had to call her stockbroker(股票经纪人). I said in an adolescent voice that was not very
convincing, “This is Mrs. Tan.”
And my mother was standing beside me, whispering
loudly, “Why he don’t send me cheek already two week long.”
And then, in prefect English I said, “I’m getting
rather concerned. You agreed to send the check two weeks ago, but it hasn’t
arrived.”
Then she talked more loudly. “What he want? I come to
New York tell him front of his boss.” And so I turned to the stockbroker again,
“I can’t tolerate any more excuse. If I don’t receive the check immediately, I
am going to have to speak to your manager when I am in New York next week.”
The next week we ended up in New York. While I was
sitting there red-faced, my mother, the real Mrs. Tan, was shouting to his boss
in her broken English.
When I was a teenager, my mother’s broken English
embarrassed me. But now, I see it differently. To me, my mother’s English is
perfectly clear, perfectly natural. It is my mother tongue. Her language, as I
hear it, is vivid, direct, and full of observation and wisdom. It was the
language that helped shape the way I saw things, expressed ideas, and made
sense of the world.
1. Why was the author’s mother poorly served?
A.She was
unable to speak good English.
B.She was often
misunderstood.
C.She was not
clearly heard.
D.She was not
very polite.
2. After the author made the phone call, __________.
A.they forgave
the stockbroker
B.they failed
to get the check
C.they went to
New York immediately
D.they spoke to
their boss at once
3. What does the author think of her mother’s English
now?
A.It confuses
her.
B.It
embarrassed her.
C.It helps her
understand the world.
D.It helps her
tolerate rude people.
4. We can infer from the passage that Chinese English
_________.
A.is clear and
natural to non-native speakers
B.is vivid and direct
to non-native speakers
C.has a very
bad reputation in America
D.may bring
inconvenience in America
第三节 完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分, 满分30分)
阅读下面短文, 从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项
As I look back on it now, I realize it was kind of silly of me to be so worried when he was really just late. I waited every night for Daddy, _21__ I tried to dress like and _22__ around everywhere.
&& That day, I stood at my _23__ place by the door, waiting for his__24__ from work.
&& After standing there for a while, I began to wonder _25__ Daddy was, I ran into the kitchen to Mummy.
& “When is Daddy coming?” I asked __26__ because I didn’t want to _27___ he was on a business trip.
&“__28___, honey,” Mummy replied distractedly(心烦意乱) because she _29___ a difficult recipe (食谱) for dinner.
&& I ran back to the door, for I knew that Daddy was coming and that I wasn’t standing there for nothing. I began to recite the words _30__ my favorite books.
&& Tired of that, I went back to the kitchen to ask Mummy again but _31___ I could open my mouth, she handed a My Little Pony coloring book. In her you-had-better-listen _32___she said: “I am busy, Danielle. Go to __33__a pretty picture and I will hang it on the refrigerator.”
&& I went back to the door, put my book and crayons(蜡笔) _34____, then went to get my mini rocking chair __35___. After a while, the picture became a pink and purple artistic wonder.
Soon I smiled – with relief as I heard the sound of the __36___ opening and Daddy’s car driving in. I heard him turn off the engine and open and close the car door. The __37___thing I knew the door opened and __38__ stood Daddy. I stood up and held my arms _39__ . I hugged him tightly and whispered, “I love you.”
&& As I sit at the computer finishing this story, I know daddy will be home soon. I still _40__ when he is late. I still go to greet him when he arrives. And I still tell him I love him.
21.A. that& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. who& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. which& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. whose
22. A. followed& &&&&&&&& B. played&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. fooled& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. stuck
23.A .own& &&&&&&&&& &&&&& B. usual&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. favorite& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. ordinary
24. A. return& &&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&B. shadow& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. appearance& &&&&&&&&&&& D. journey
25. A. how &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. that&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.where& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. in which
26. A. quietly& &&&&&&&&&&& B. politely &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. unhappily &&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. hopefully
27. A. find out& &&&&&&&&&& B. learn about &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. be known& &&&&&& &&&&&&&&D. worry about
28. A. Just wait&& &&&&&&& B. No hurry& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Soon &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. As usual
29. A. followed& &&&&&&&& B. was following& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. had followed &&&&&&&&&& D. would follow
30. A. in& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. from& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.with& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. on
31. A.when& &&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. until& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&C.unless &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. before
32. A. noise &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. voice& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. sound& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.way
33. A. make& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. draw &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. colour& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. paint
34. A. away &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. up& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. back& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&D. down
35. A. to sit in& &&&&&&&&&& B. to sit &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. to be seated& &&&&&&&&&& D. to seat
36. A. house& &&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&B. garage& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. backyard& &&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. package
37. A. first& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. next& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. last& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. latest
38. A. here&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. where& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. there& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. at which
39. A, out&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. up& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. over& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. on
40. A. realize&& &&&&&&&&&& B. excite& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. wonder& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. worry
At 4:00 A.M. on Sunday morning, my friend, Tim, awoke me. He was sleeping in the living room right next to the front door and said there was
a man pounding on my front door and screaming. At first, I was like, &Shut
up and leave me alone,& but then I heard one of the scariest voices of my
life. The man sounded of Spanish descent (血统), older, and in pain.
I was home alone for the week, so I had two guns loaded with
bullets. I had a rifle (步枪) next to my bed
and a shotgun next to my front door. I grabbed my rifle. Tim asked me,
&What are you doing?&
&Getting my gun, what do you think I'm doing?& I asked.
As I headed down the hall towards the front door, I remembered Chad, my older brother, telling me to protect myself when he left. Immediately, I grabbed
the shotgun and gave it to Tim. Thinking that it might scare the person off, I
went to my back door and shot my rifle into the dark cold sky. However, this
did not work. &Protect yourself, Sarah,& kept going through my head.
The man kept yelling and pounding on my door. I would have just opened the
door, but I watched too many &America's Most Wanted& shows, where
that is how they get the little girls to open the door. So, I then called 911
The operator said, &911. What is your emergency?&
I replied, &My name is Sarah Miller and I am at Juniper Lane in Hotchkiss and there is a man beating on my front door and telling me to let
him in.& That was the start of all the excitement. I continued to
tell her what was going on and what had already gone on. Our conversation was
still going when I heard the man walk off my door. During this time, the police
were having a discussion of whether they should respond to the call. When I
heard the man walk off my door, I thought that he was going to leave.
I was still on the phone when I heard the man in my basement.
&Protect yourself, Sarah,& went through my head again. The basement
stairs lead right up to a door entering our house. We leave our garage door
open to cool off our house when the weather is good. The man was yelling,
&Help me& from the bottom of the stairs. I walked over and made sure
the door was locked and made sure there was a bullet in the rifle. I stood
there with the phone in one hand and my trusty old rifle in the other just
waiting for him to start coming up the stairs.
My conversation with the operator went from &Hi, how are you
now?& to &What are you doing to help me here?& About this time,
the operator told me that the policeman should be at the bottom of my driveway,
so I turned on all of the lights, inside and outside. I still had my rifle in
my hands when the policeman walked up the stairs to my front door. &Did
you see an older Spanish man walking down my driveway by any chance?& I
asked him.
&Um, no,& he answered. I then asked him if he had seen
anyone in the basement, and again he said, &No&. So at this time, he
went back down the stairs and approached my garage. For some reason, I knew
that there was still someone in there. I crouched (猫着腰) down to where I could see into the garage / basement area. As
the policeman approached the basement, he yelled, &Whoa, put your hands
up. Freeze.&
&I’ve got you,& were the first w I
don't know what I was thinking. After this happened, I realized that those
words weren't exactly the smartest choice of words. About this time, another
policeman pulled into my driveway with his lights on followed by a police
officer. As I approached the basement with my rifle, I was worried about what I
would see. What I saw will always stick with me forever. A poor twenty-nine
year old Spanish man was crapping (拉屎) there, and I almost shot him because he was coming to my house
to find help. His face was all bloody, his nose was broken, his clothes were
torn, and worst of all, he didn't speak English, and none of the policemen who
were there spoke Spanish. I had taken three years of Spanish before, so I
translated what the Spanish guy, Jose, was saying to the policemen. About this
time an ambulance came up my driveway with its lights on. So, I had three
police cars and an ambulance, all with their lights on, in my driveway. I'm
sure my neighbors all came out, since nothing had ever happened in my small
community.
I did protect myself that night. My brother was right when he said
that you could never be too careful. &Wake up Sarah. It's time for
school,& my mom said a couple of mornings later. That is how I prefer to
be woken up. I will always have a loaded gun next to my bed after this
moment Tim awoke her, the author ______.
A. screamed&&&&&&&&&&& B.
felt annoyed&&&& C. heard the voice&&&&&& &&&
D. grabbed the rifle
56. Why did
the author go to the back door and shot into the sky?
A. Because she wanted to scare the man off.&& B. Because
she wanted to kill the man.
C. Because she wanted to call for
help.&&&&&& D. Because she wanted to remind the
57. The Spanish
man pounded the author’s door so early ______.
A. to practise speaking English&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.
to meet his old friend
C. to seek help&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
to hide himself
saying “That was the start of all the excitement”, maybe the author ______.
A. thought they talked too much exciting things
B. was excited that she could talk with the operator
C. was sure that the police would come
D. wanted to say their conversation lasted a long time
59. What did
the author learn from the incident?
A. She regretted what she had done to the Spanish
B. She felt it fortunate to know a little Spanish
C. She thought it couldn’t be too careful about her safety.
D. She would never live alone in a big house.
60. Which of
the following can be used as the title of this passage?
A. Make ends meet&& && B. As busy as a
bee&&& C. A piece of cake&&&
D. A false alarm
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!}

我要回帖

更多关于 about to leave 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信