Reap the Wild Wind 缩写是怎么样写 谢谢英文缩写呀

Reap the Wild Wind-Ultravox, Reap the Wild WindMP3下载,歌词下载 - 虾米音乐
Reap the Wild Wind
@微博好友,送歌给Ta!
[Repeat: x3]
Reap the wild wind
A finger points to show a scene. (Take my hand. Take my hand.)
Another face where mine had been. (Take my hand. Take my hand.)
Another footstep where I once walked. (Take my hand)
Take it all.
You take my hand and give me your friendship.
I'll take my time and send you my slow reply.
Give me an inch and I'll make the best of it.
Take all you want and leave all the rest to die.
Reap the wild wind.
A footprint haunts an empty floor. (Take my hand. Take my hand.)
A fading coat that I once wore. (Take my hand. Take my hand.)
Oh, desolation where I once lived.
I have seen in times gone by.
I have felt a different shadow on the wall,
A stranglehold on a certain feeling.
[Repeat: x2]
Reap the wild wind.
Reap the wild wind.
使用手机扫码收听单曲
打开虾米音乐APP
点击 扫一扫
扫描二维码
收藏Reap the Wild Wind的人们
听Reap the Wild Wind的人也听
关注虾米:CHARTS & TRENDS
There was an error trying to load your rating for this title.
Some parts of this page won't work property. Please reload or try later.
I'm Watching This!
Error Please try again!
Added to Your Check-Ins.
Reap the Wild Wind&()
Florida ship salvager, Loxi, falls for Jack, captain of a ship wrecked on the Key West shore. However, their romance is complicated by the arrival of another suitor, and eventually leads to tragedy.
(as Cecil B. De Mille)
(screenplay) (as Alan LeMay),
(screenplay)
We can't wait to get back to Hawkins, Ind., and the "Upside Down" on Oct. 27. See which other movies and TV shows we're excited about this month.
Related News
4 September
PM, +08:00
AM, +08:00
PM, +08:00
Powered by ZergNet
User Lists
Related lists from IMDb users
a list of 47 titles
created 27&Jan&2013
a list of 34 titles
created 06&Oct&2013
a list of 42 titles
created 10&May&2015
a list of 30 titles
created 05&Nov&2015
a list of 39 titles
created 6&months&ago
Connect with IMDb
Share this Rating
Reap the Wild Wind
Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Use the HTML below.
You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin.
2 nominations.
During the 1860s in the South Pacific, Capt. Ralls, skipper of the Red Witch, has a series of adventures involving sunken gold bullion, pearls, natives, an unscrupulous ship owner and a giant octopus.
Edward Ludwig
John Wayne,
Gail Russell,
In Nome, Alaska, miner Roy Glennister and his partner Dextry, financed by saloon entertainer Cherry Malotte, fight to save their gold claim from crooked commissioner Alexander McNamara.
Ray Enright
Marlene Dietrich,
Randolph Scott,
John Wayne
A mysterious stranger arrives in the Missouri hills and befriends a young backwoods girl. Much to the dislike of her moonshiner fiancé who has vowed to find and kill his own father.
Henry Hathaway
John Wayne,
Betty Field,
Harry Carey
During the California Gold Rush, Boston pharmacist Tom Craig sets up shop in Sacramento where he clashes with local town crook Britt Dawson.
William C. McGann
John Wayne,
Binnie Barnes,
Albert Dekker
Northern lawyer John Reynolds travels to New Orleans to try and clean up the local crime syndicate based around a lottery. Although he meets Julie Mirbeau and they are attracted to each ...
Bernard Vorhaus
John Wayne,
Ona Munson,
Ray Middleton
In 1885, a Texas Ranger travels to Canada to arrest a trapper who's wanted for murder and who's stirring up the Natives in a rebellion against the Canadian government.
Cecil B. DeMille
Gary Cooper,
Madeleine Carroll,
Paulette Goddard
Duke falls for Flaxen in the Barbary Coast in turn-of-the-century San Francisco. He loses money to crooked gambler Tito, goes home and PL: learns to gamble, and returns. After he makes a ...
Joseph Kane
John Wayne,
Ann Dvorak,
Joseph Schildkraut
Charles 'Pittsburgh' Markham rides roughshod over his friends, his lovers, and his ideals in his trek toward financial success in the Pittsburgh steel industry, only to find himself ...
Lewis Seiler
Marlene Dietrich,
John Wayne,
Randolph Scott
During WW2, the U.S. Navy implements a new idea of forming construction battalions that also are fighting units, in case of Japanese attack.
Edward Ludwig
John Wayne,
Susan Hayward,
Dennis O'Keefe
In 1906, on Oklahoma's Indian lands, a cowboy fights for oil lease rights against a greedy oilman while a pretty schoolteacher steals both men's hearts.
Albert S. Rogell
John Wayne,
Martha Scott,
Albert Dekker
Capt. Jim Gordon's command of the famed American mercenary fighter group in China is complicated by the recruitment of an old friend who is a reckless hotshot.
David Miller
John Wayne,
John Carroll,
Intrepid frontiersman Chris Holden foils the political and personal ambitions of renegade Martin Garth in the Ohio Valley following the French and Indian War.
Cecil B. DeMille
Gary Cooper,
Paulette Goddard,
Howard Da Silva
Cast overview, first billed only:
Master of the 'Tyfib'
Commodre Devereaux
Maum Maria
Ivy Devereaux
Mrs. Claiborne
Aunt Henrietta
Clipper ships taking the shortest route between the Mississippi and the Atlantic often end up on the shoals of Key West in the 1840s. Salvaging the ships' cargos has become a lucrative business for two companies -- one headed by a feisty young woman. Then she falls in love with the captain of a wrecked ship while he recuperates at her home. She travels to Charleston and is charming to the man most likely to be head of the captain's company, thinking she will be able to get the captain the position he wants on the company's first steam ship.
Written by
Plot Keywords:
Cecil B. DeMille's Might Spectacle Of Tempestuois Love...Violence Under And On The High Seas! (1964 poster)
Certificate:
Parents Guide:
Release Date: 4 June 1942 (Mexico)
Also Known As: Cecil B. De Mille's Reap the Wild Wind
Filming Locations:
$4,000,000
(estimated)
Production Co:
Show detailed
Sound Mix:
(Western Electric Mirrophonic Recording)
(Technicolor)
Aspect Ratio: 1.37 : 1
Did You Know?
For the 1954 theatrical re-release,
was given top billing in the posters because of his increased star status, and , who had since 1942 become a major star instead of a supporting player, was misleadingly billed second. Formerly top-billed
got third billing in the new posters, whilst leading lady
was demoted to fourth billing.
The second time Loxi talks to Jack, she points at him with the index finger of her left hand. In the next shot it is her right hand.
Where is Captain Jack?
He's on a diving job. He'll be back this afternoon
if his hat didn't leak!
Connections
Featured in &(1952)
Soundtracks
Bye and Bye
(1942) (uncredited)
Music and Lyrics by
Sung by black chorus
Frequently Asked Questions
User Reviews
Here's a lavish, exuberant tale of the high seas, produced and directed by Cecil B. DeMille, and presented with all the excess and spectacle the great showman built his career on.
It involves shipwrecks, deep-sea diving, and giant squids, among other things.
It's that rare kind of movie that's genuinely fun to watch, where you find yourself smiling because you're so engrossed in the story and the characters, often in spite of yourself.
It's of the Saturday-afternoon-at-the-movies genre, where you leave plausibility at the door and put yourself in the hands of people who know how to entertain.`Reap the Wild Wind' is the story of a sea captain (John Wayne) whose cargo ships are repeatedly sunk and plundered by a vicious crew of salvagers.
When one of his ships is struck down, Wayne is rescued by a spirited southern belle (Paulette Goddard), with whom he falls in love.
In order to help Wayne get the command he dreams of, Goddard becomes friendly with an influential lawyer (Ray Milland), and a love triangle develops.
Through various turns of events, the two men find themselves on opposite sides of the fight against the raiders, with Goddard caught in between them.
The story builds up to a spectacular battle with the squid, which single-handedly won the film an Oscar for its special effects.The movie is well acted straight across the board.
Wayne, having just achieved stardom, has the least colorful role but still registers strongly.
Goddard plays her tempestuous role to the hilt, and is a joy to behold throughout.
Her character is a welcome variation from the frail, straitlaced heroines of her time – she enjoys salty sea ballads, throws frequent tantrums and is not afraid to get her hands dirty – something of a toned-down Scarlett O'Hara.
Raymond Massey is rightly villainous as the chief pillager.
The highest acting honors go to Milland, however.
His performance as the shrewd but foppish attorney is delightful, stealing scene after scene and providing priceless moments of comic relief, then turning noble toward the end.In addition, the movie is beautiful to look at.
At the time the film was made, color photography was still relatively new and quite costly, so it was generally reserved for epics.
You can see every penny of it on the screen here.
The direction is brisk and vigorous, and the visual effects are fantastic for that era or any other.
41 of 51 people found this review helpful.&
Was this review helpful to you?
Contribute to This Page
Create a character page for:
Master of the 'Tyfib'
Commodre Devereaux
Maum Maria
Ivy Devereaux
Mrs. Claiborne
Aunt Henrietta
-----------
Find showtimes, watch trailers, browse photos, track your Watchlist and rate your favorite movies and TV shows on your phone or tablet!
Follow IMDb on
Copyright &后使用快捷导航没有帐号?
最后登录在线时间37 小时人品币652 注册时间阅读权限70帖子精华0好友
初中一年级, 积分 654, 距离下一级还需 246 积分
签到天数: 2 天人品币652 帖子
写今天的日记啦~~元叔今天有没有看到我昨天的日记?。。。今天又看了SC,然后看了看昨天的问题觉得有的就可以自己解决了~~还有就是。。。我把前几天的Manhattan的笔记写本上了,今天看了群里的讨论发现元叔是让写电脑上的。。。好吧。。那我以后写电脑上~~
一周马上就结束了~~转眼到了周末~~经过这一周的联系,今天又做了SC,觉得比这周刚开始的时候有进步了~很开心~~
看了数学,争取明天就把数学的任务给完成了~
经济学人还在努力的看~感觉阅读能力果然不是能轻易提高的。。。
加油加油吧~~
最后登录在线时间1226 小时人品币83862 注册时间阅读权限100帖子精华14好友
元元国老大
人品币83862 帖子
晚上回家帮你解答:)
最后登录在线时间832 小时人品币20712 注册时间阅读权限100帖子精华14好友
SWU靠譜民工版主
人品币20712 帖子
ShinePink_Momo 发表于
shadow。。。如果上面那个D是may的话应该怎么解释啊。。。
may的話 就不能作為原因了 因為不如A確定
踮起腳尖就能靠近太陽.
继续今天的杀G 日记~~
今天照例看了Manhattan~现在再看SC题的时候大概就知道了每个题大概在考什么,但是还是需要大量题的练习啦~
然后做了数学~把前几天的题也总结了一下~
看了经济学人~按照shadow前几天在YY里分享的方法~
明天是这周的最后一天~~总结总结~~做好收尾工作~
问一道语法题:
Retail sales rose 0.8of 1 percent in August,intensifying expectations that personal spending in the July-September quarter more than doubled that of the 1.4percent growth rate in personal spending for the previous quarter.
B.that personal spending in the July-Sepetember quarter would more than double
C.of personal spending in the July-Sepetember quarter, that it more than doubled
D.of personal spending in the July-Sepetember quarter more than doubling that of
E.of personal spending in the July-Sepetember quarter,that it would more than double that of
这句话应该怎么分析呢?
呃。。下午发的帖子真的没了。。。
重贴问题好了。。。
1.题目解释中说close for cleaning and repair,这里为什么用repair而不是repairing呢?
2.due to和because of在用法上有什么区别?
3.书上写的是fewer refers to countable nouns,while less refers to quantities,看题中production用less,而children用fewer,还是不太清楚这两个词用法的区别。。。
4.Like the idolization accorded the Brontes and Brownings,James Joyce and Virginia Woolf are often subjected to the kind of Veneration that blur the distinction between the artist and the human being.
这题的分析出的比较是前后两类人的类比,为什么不能是idolization和veneration的对比呢?
5.修饰词是否都是修饰紧挨着修饰词的前面或后面的部分?
6.they could safely handle new debt与it was safe for them to handle new debt所表达的意思一样吗?
问一道逻辑题~
OG Diagnostic Test里的22题,解释在第80页,不知道应该怎么下手。。。
呃。。。元叔最近贴出来的问题木有人解答。。。
今天看逻辑。。。各种崩溃。。。唉。。。摸不着头脑。。。还是要看看Manhattan的逻辑啊。。
语法感觉比上周好多了~~看来Manhattan做入门真的不错~~这星期争取吧OG里的语法做完吧。。。
在整理Knewton的语法。。。。逻辑还是等做了一定量的题之后再总结好了
明天继续站逻辑!~
元元国老大
人品币83862 帖子
ShinePink_Momo 发表于
问一道语法题:
Retail sales rose 0.8of 1 percent in August,intensifying expectations that personal&&...
随着八月份零售额的上升了0.8%,该预期认为:第三季度的个人消费将会使该季度的个人消费增长率在上一季度的1.4%的基础上番倍
由于expectation是个抽象名词, that是其同位语从句,expectations如果用of……短语来表达很长的修饰语很容易造成歧义,改用从句会比较好些。同时expectation是一个将来的意义,表示没有实现,因此用将来时,主句的时态是rose,这里用过去将来时,would double.
排除法可以得到B。
但是spending would more than double 1.4 percent growth,的比较让人搞不懂。找到的比较靠谱的解释:double这个词有让其主语和宾语有拥有和被拥有的关系,也就是说宾语是主语的一个属性。personal spending 拥有自己的growth rate.
如例句:Founded in 1983, the magazine has since more than doubled its circulation and its advertising。杂志有自己的销量。
A doubled时态错,因为in the July-September quarter 是将来时态;that of无指代。
B 相对最好的。
C that it 中的it指代不清,且 that 不能做非限定性从句。
D 表达不清晰。That of 的that应该指spending,但是后面的句子也有in spending了、 it也指代不清。
元元国老大
人品币83862 帖子
ShinePink_Momo 发表于
呃。。下午发的帖子真的没了。。。
重贴问题好了。。。
1.题目解释中说close for cleaning and repair,这 ...
简洁,能用名词的地方就用名词 :)
due to 引导结果; because of后面加原因 :)
few指代可数,little指代不可数
修饰词紧挨着修饰前面的部分;
根据上下语境表达的意思可能不一样;强调他们可以做什么,第二句是他们做什么是安全的 :) 迁调事
根据语境的不同来决定
元元国老大
人品币83862 帖子
ShinePink_Momo 发表于
呃。。。元叔最近贴出来的问题木有人解答。。。
今天看逻辑。。。各种崩溃。。。唉。。。摸不着头脑。。 ...
逻辑Shadow大神 可以的 :)
问一道逻辑题~~
A year ago, Dietz Foods launched a yearlong advertising campaign for its canned tuna. Last year Dietz sold 12 million cans of tuna compared to the 10 million sold during the previous year, an increase directly attributable to new customers brought in by the campaign. Profits from the additional sales, however, were substantially less than the cost of the advertising campaign. Clearly, therefore, the campaign did nothing to further Dietz's economic interests.
  Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?
A. Sales of canned tuna account for a relatively small percentage of Dietz Foods' profits.
B. Most of the people who bought Dietz's canned tuna for the first time as a result of the campaign were already loyal customers of other Dietz products.
C.A less expensive advertising campaign would have brought in significantly fewer new customers for Dietz's canned tuna than did the campaign Dietz Foods launched last year.
D.Dietz made money on sales of canned tuna last year.
E. In each of the past five years, there was a steep, industry-wide decline in sales of canned tuna.
能分析一下C和E吗?
答案是E,但是C怎么不对?
元元国老大
人品币83862 帖子
shadowxc 发表于
may的話 就不能作為原因了 因為不如A確定
大神 :) 来回答下逻辑题 :)
SWU靠譜民工版主
人品币20712 帖子
ShinePink_Momo 发表于
问一道逻辑题~~
A year ago, Dietz Foods launched a yearlong advertising campaign for its canned tuna ...
這題好像是診斷測試的吧
這題就是說,廣告帶來新客戶的addition sales還不如廣告的cost高,因此推出結論,沒有廣告,賺得更多。
然後是要削弱吧,也就是說,我們要找的答案是證明廣告有用的。
C說廣告如果花錢少的話,帶來的新客戶也會少很多,但是,這個其實無法說明廣告是有用的,萬一addition sales還是低於廣告cost呢?那還是掉入了題目中的怪圈啊,也無法說明廣告就一定有用,因為沒有涉及到利潤和cost!
E顯而易見是正確的,因為整個行業的sales都在下降,如果沒有廣告的話,sales很有可能會much less than 10 million units。
希望可以幫到你~
踮起腳尖就能靠近太陽.
今天的杀G日记~做了逻辑~看了Manhattan觉得有收获~~但是做OG的题有时候会觉得解释很神奇。。总是想不到解释的那种思路,可能还是做得题不够总结的不够吧。。要加强要加强。。。呼。。
语法题感觉总结 下来还是有收获的~~另外元叔和shadow的讲解都好详细~~~感谢感谢~~膜拜膜拜 ~~
感觉经济学人半个小时不够啊。。。看来阅读速度和阅读时间都要增加。。
加油加油!
之前看的是4th的Manhattan,今天看5th的SC的时候发现和4th解释不一样的地方。。就是最开始的那个例题
Although William Pereira first gained national recognition for his movie set designs, including those for the 1942 film &Reap the Wild Wind&,future generations remember him as the architect for the Transamerica Tower, the Malibu campus of Pepperdine University and the city of Irvine.
A:including those for the 1942 film &Reap the Wild Wind&,future generations
B: like that for the 1942 film &Reap the Wild Wind&,future generations will
C:like those for the 1942 film &Reap the Wild Wind&,future generations
D: including that for the 1942 film &Reap the Wild Wind&,future generations will
E:including those for the 1942 film &Reap the Wild Wind&,future generations will
4th的说like不能引导从句,所以就把BC直接排除了
但是今天看5th的说However,the exam writers have moderated this headline position in published explanations.As a result,either including or like would technically work in the sentence.
到底哪个是对的呢?
最后登录在线时间80 小时人品币7141 注册时间阅读权限100帖子精华1好友
签到天数: 19 天人品币7141 帖子
楼主加油~~~
kobe孙 发表于
楼主加油~~~
谢啦谢啦~~一起加油~
4th的Manhattan就是比5th经典啊。。。这几天看5th的时候总是发现不会的。。。
Students at Carver High School are encouraged to pursue only those extracurricular activities from which stems success in college applications.这句话应该怎么理解呢?
好了。。。今天的杀G日记。。
做了逻辑,又听了一下shadow的YY录音,觉得错题的总结比盲目的做题重要多了,尽量把每一道错题吃透然后以后不错才是重要的,以后错题要参看shadow的笔记好好总结~~
语法题感觉还是那样吧。。。。觉得理解原题的意思真的很重要。。。唉。。还要在读题的时候再细心一些,有时候做题总觉得慌着选出答案,现在看看还是要静下心来把每一个选项分析透彻才行。。
明天继续努力~
元元国老大
人品币83862 帖子
ShinePink_Momo 发表于
之前看的是4th的Manhattan,今天看5th的SC的时候发现和4th解释不一样的地方。。就是最开始的那个例题
你记住4TH的吧 :)
元元国老大
人品币83862 帖子
shadowxc 发表于
這題好像是診斷測試的吧
這題就是說,廣告帶來新客戶的addition sales還不如廣告的cost高,因此推出結 ...
大神,做逻辑题有啥思路不?
SWU靠譜民工版主
人品币20712 帖子
嗯 邏輯題的思路嘛
先找出題目的結論(如果有的話)然後找出推斷出這個結論的原因
這樣一來邏輯鏈和核心因果關係就有了
然後根據這個核心因果關係去排除答案 找離核心因果關係最近的那一個
這樣做久了 基本就是秒殺了
踮起腳尖就能靠近太陽.
今天继续苦读Manhattan,试着自己总结一下逻辑重点,关键还是要看一下shadow的笔记。。。继续感叹Manhattan的神奇吧。。。怎么正确率还是那样啊。。。唉。。。感觉没什么明显的进步。。小失落。。唉。。。而且语法题现在总是因为粗心做错,看题总是很不仔细,做题总是慌慌的。。。唉。。要改进要改进。。
准备在经济学人的基础上再看看长难句。。。
元元国老大
人品币83862 帖子
顶一个!!!
今天的杀G日记,看了Manhattan的CR两章,觉得方法讲的真的很透彻,再做题的时候感觉有了一定的改观,但是还有有一些思路没有想到,读题还是不够认真,以后还是要继续、。。。
做了OG的逻辑5题。。
看了长难句~以后想跟着shadow的阅读贴走了~~
OG的语法做了20题,感觉比以前多了一点感觉,但是在整体错题的时候花的时间还是有点儿多。。。
加油加油啦~
来了这么久为何不进去看看?
记住我的登录状态
您也可以使用其他账号登陆:}

我要回帖

更多关于 the的缩写 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信