what do you want to get rid of是什么意思?why?

What Do You Want to Major In? - Interview Question Tips
Nicolas Loran / Getty Images
April 23, 2016.
"What do you want to major in?"The question can come in many forms: What academic subject most interests you? What do you plan to study? What are your academic goals? Why do you want to major in business? It's one of
you're likely to get asked.Don't be misled by the question. A significant percentage of college applicants have no idea what major they will choose, and the majority of high school students who have chosen a major will actually change their mind before they graduate.
Your interviewer knows this, and there is nothing wrong with being honest about your uncertainty.That said, you don't want to sound like you have never considered the question. Colleges aren't eager to admit students who entirely lack direction or academic interests. So, if you are undecided about your major, think about the difference between these two responses:
I don't know what I want to major in. While this response may be honest, it's not helping your interviewer get to know what does interest you. You've shut down the question, and you haven't made a good case for being admitted to the college.I haven't chosen a major yet, but I love working with people. I'm looking forward to taking courses in sociology, psychology, and political science to learn more. Sure, you haven't chosen a major yet, but your answer shows that you've thought about the options and, more importantly, that you're intellectually curious and looking forward to exploring the possibilities.If you do have a strong sense of what you want to study, you'll still want to make sure your answer creates a positive impression.
Think about the following responses:I want to major in business because I want to make lots of money. You're telling the interviewer that material gain is your top priority. Are you actually interested in business? Students who choose a major based on its earning potential are less likely to succeed in college than those who have an actual interest in the subject matter that they are studying. I've seen a lot of business majors and engineers either change majors or drop out of college because they were, in truth, not interested in business or engineering.
My parents want me to become a doctor. Okay, but what do you want to do? Do you have thoughts of your own, or are you going to let your parents define your academic path?I want to major in political science because I want to go to law school. Do you have sincere interest in political science? And why do you want to go to law school? You're going to spend four years of your life studying as an undergraduate, so you don't want to breeze over your response with a comment about graduate school. The interviewer isn't admitting you to graduate school.Make sure you are ready to explain why you are interested in a particular field. What experiences or high school courses piqued your interest?At some large universities it is possible that you will need to pick a field of study when you apply. For example, some of the California public universities are trying to balance enrollments within different programs. And if you are applying to a business or engineering school within a larger university, you will often need a specialized application for that school.At most colleges, however, being undecided is fine. Here at , for example, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences recently changed the official designation for undecided students from "Undecided" to "Academic Exploration." Exploring is a good thing, and it's what the first year of college is for.If you want to keep preparing for your interview, be sure to check out these
and . Also be sure to avoid these .
About Today
Living Healthy
College Admissions
Health Tip of the Day
Recipe of the Day
There was an error. Please try again.
Please select a newsletter.
Please enter a valid email address.
Did you mean ?
What Do You Want to Major In?请在这里输入关键词:
科目:初中英语
来源:2013年初中毕业升学考试(江西南昌卷)英语(解析版)
题型:其他题
补全对话。请阅读下面对话,从方框内7个选项中选择5个恰当的句子完成对话,并在答题卷上将其序号涂黑。其中有两个句子是多余的。(每小题1分)。
Z=Zoo manager, C=City government
Z: What about giving us more money?
C: I'm sorry, but the government doesn't have any more
money for the zoo.
Z: But if we don't. find a solution soon, then we'll
have to close it. 1._______________ It's a tourist attraction.
C:Yes, but that's the point.
2.&&&&&&&&&&& You're
going to have to find the money from somewhere else.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Z: 3.&&&&&&&&&&&&
Some of these animals are endangered. If we didn't have zoos, they would
die.
C: 4.&&&&&&&&&&&&
What if you advertised (做广告) the zoo more? In the
newspaper or on the radio, for example.
Z: But if we don't have any money, we can't advertise.
C: 5._______
Z: Actually, that isn't a bad idea. You might be
right!
C: I have the names of some company managers you could
meet…
情景交际。请在方框内选择适当的句子补全对话。
A.Where can I do some shopping?
B.Go straight ahead.It’s opposite Tian’anmen Square.
C.Show me your map of Beijing,Lingling.
D.Can you tell me the way to Beihai Park?
E.It’s between the Great Hall of the
People and the Museum.
Sally:1 ____________________Where’s
Tian’anmen Square?
Lingling:Look, on the left, here’s it.And on the right is the National Museum of China.
Sally:How do I get to the Forbidden City?
Lingling:2_________________________________
Sally:I see. Where is the Chairman Mao Memorial Hall?
Lingling:3_________________________________
Sally:4____________________________________
Lingling:Yes.Go across the square.Turn left into Chang’an Jie and then turn right into Chang Jie.think there’s an entrance on the comer of Chang Jie and Wenjin Jie.
Sally:5_____________________________________________
Lingling:Everyone asks about the shopping! The best place is Wangfujing Dajie.Go across Tian' anmen Square, turn right, and go along Dongchang’an Jie, and turn left into Wangfujing Dajie.
题型:阅读理解
补全对话。请阅读下面对话,从方框内7个选项中选择5个恰当的句子完成对话,并在答题卷上将其序号涂黑。其中有两个句子是多余的。(每小题1分)
Lisa: Hi,Jo. How is it
A. It’s not the end
of the world.
B.Do you need any
C. Cheer up!
D. What’s wrong?
E. That sounds
interesting.
F.Tell me all about it.
G..I can’t believe
Jo: Terrible.
Jo: I did badly in my
test and my dad always gets angry when I get bad grades.
Lisa: 53. _______________
Isn’t he easy-going?
Jo: Not really. I don’t
know what will happen.
54._______________________
Jo:I know. But you don’t
know my dad.
Lisa: 55.______________
Let’s go shopping.
Jo: Ok. Let’s go.
题型:阅读理解
补全对话。请阅读下面对话,从方框内7个选项中选择5个恰当的句子完成对话,并在答题卷上将其序号涂黑。其中有两个句子是多余的。(每小题1分)。
Z=Zoo manager, C=City government
Z: What about giving us more money?
C: I'm sorry, but the government doesn't have any more money for the
Z: But if we don't. find a solution soon, then we'll have to close
it. 51._______________ It's a tourist attraction.
but that's the point. 52.&&&&&&&&&&&
You're going to have to find the money from somewhere else.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Z: 53.&&&&&& &&&&&&Some
of these animals are endangered. If we didn't have zoos, they would die.
C: 54.&&&&&&&&&&&&
What if you advertised (做广告) the zoo more? In the newspaper or on the radio, for example.
Z: But if we don't have any money, we can't advertise.
C: 55. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Z: Actually, that isn't a bad idea. You might be right!
C: I have the names of some company managers you could meet…
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!You’re probably reading this article because you’re frustrated with that CCC.exe process running in Task Manager, and you’d like to know how to get rid of it, or at least understand what it’s there for.
This article explains what the process actually is, but we’ve also got you covered if you want to .
For example, you’ll see the process here wasting memory in Task Manager…
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &
So What Is It?
CCC stands for Catalyst Control Center, and it’s part of your ATI video card driver package—or to be more specific, it’s part of the utilities bundled along with the drivers, and adds features like customizing your display, or setting hotkeys for different display profiles. As long as the ccc.exe utility is installed into your Program Files\ATI Technology directory, it’s a legit process that can be left alone.
It’s also responsible for that icon cluttering up your system tray:
Once you’ve launched the full Control Center, you’ll see a screen similar to this one (depending on your driver version).
On my test system, there was no startup item anywhere for this process. Depending on your driver version, it’s possible that it would be included in startup and could be removed.
Get Rid of the Tray Icon
You can remove the icon easily by clicking Options –& Preferences –& Enable System Tray Menu to turn it off. Sadly, this won’t usually get rid of the process that’s running, but at least it’ll save a few resources and keep your system tray cleaner.
Note that depending on your driver version, this setting might be in a different place, but it should definitely be in there.&
Depending on your driver version, it’s possible this might remove the process—it didn’t on my laptop, however.
Totally Uninstall CCC.exe (and the ATI Control Panel)
You can completely get rid of the whole thing by simply going to Uninstall programs in Control Panel, and just removing it from there using the wizard—you’ll want to make sure to keep the display driver installed, and just remove the ATI Catalyst Control Panel.
You can also totally uninstall the entire package, and then reinstall without selecting the control panel. It’s up to you.
Install ATI Drivers Manually
Depending on how you removed the ATI components, you might need to re-install your drivers (without installing Catalyst). You can do so in Device Manager by right-clicking on the display driver and choosing Update Driver Software.
Once the wizard has opened, you can allow Windows to search automatically (if you aren’t a gamer this usually works pretty well). Otherwise, you can download the drivers manually, extract them to a folder, and then click the ‘Browse my computer for driver software”.
Then choose the location you uninstalled the software to, and make sure to click “Include subfolders” when checking for the driver.
Temporarily Kill CCC.exe the Easy Way
If you’d rather keep the ATI utilities installed because you use them, you can setup a shortcut to automatically kill CCC.exe whenever you want… just create a new shortcut to the following:
taskkill /f /im ccc.exe
You could even try putting this into your startup folder… or create a scheduled task instead. This is the safest and easiest method to get rid of the process without breaking anything else.
Drastic Steps You Shouldn’t Take
If you want to keep all the ATI stuff installed, but want to get rid of CCC.exe, you could simply rename the file to CCC.bak instead. This will keep the process from running, but obviously is going to break anything that would be trying to use it. Keep this as the last resort, and you should probably disable the tray item before you do this.
Published 01/4/10
Other How-To Geek Articles You Might Like
GET ARTICLES BY EMAIL
Enter your email address to get our daily newsletter.
Disclaimer: Most of the pages on the internet include affiliate links, including some on this site.
Get exclusive articles before everybody else.
Get downloadable ebooks for free!
Get geeky trivia, fun facts, and much more.
Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:
Go check your email!October 14, 2015
you mean you were sore? you only need to do that workout 1-2 times per week or even ONCE every 2 weeks is fine but yes... there are other love handle workouts listed on this page
February 28, 2015
TalaI did it once and no it wasn't sore, it was in a lot of pain like it hurt to lay down, and to bend over. I may have twisted too much when I did the 37 min video, but I did exactly what you were doing.
February 28, 2015
still sounds like genral soreness to me but like I said... you only need once a week or even ONCE every 2 weeks of this is just fine and the main thing to lose belly fat including love handles is diet and exercise.
March 01, 2015
February 21, 2015
TalaIs this the only exercise I do? And do I do the full 37 mins? Also how many times a week?
I just like to have a good schedule.
February 21, 2015
do the 37 minute 1-2 times per week along with
February 21, 2015
TalaOkay thank you Adrian. Do you know how much more weight I should loose doing these exercises? like i stated about I'm 120, and 5'4.
February 22, 2015
February 22, 2015
for front delts almost any pressing or pushing exercise will work so overhead and bench pressing, dips and etc. willl do the trick
November 15, 2014
what is your weight and height now?
April 01, 2014
ILooI'm in the same boat as her. I'm 5'11 and 175.
May 14, 2014
smaller waist = losing belly fat so
January 09, 2014
November 09, 2013
September 14, 2013
the video is just one of many variations you can do but in general... you want to do 2-to-4 sets of 8-to-20 reps EACH SIDE
May 19, 2013
are you trying to lose your love handles? I'm guessing you are so in that case there really isnt ONE exercise to do to JUST lose love handle fat and the best thing you can do is to lose weight all over by
April 09, 2013
April 02, 2013
March 26, 2013
they may not go away in 3 weeks because usually as you lose weight your belly and love handle fat are the last to go so hang in there and keep on losing and then finally your last 10 pounds will come from your belly
March 19, 2013
< Created by Adrian Bryant
Many People ()
to Look Better Naked.
seek out Adrian's advice and
use Adrian's unique techniques to help their patients lose
weight fast and his new
already has over 38
Million views!
Get These Free Videos&(Offer Expires in 0:60 Seconds) Lose 22 Pounds in 23 Days with the Emergency Diet.How to Lose 20 Pounds in 30 days with a Bed Sheet.How to Get a Flatter Stomach in 60 Seconds using a chair.}

我要回帖

更多关于 get what i want 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信