you are the cLosesthave a thing for sbthat I have to my son .

欢迎来到高考学习网,
免费咨询热线:010-
今日:1530套总数:5885151套专访:3372部会员:401265位
当前位置:
& 2014年高考真题——英语(江西卷)解析板
2014年高考真题——英语(江西卷)解析板
资料类别: /
所属版本: 通用
上传时间:
下载次数:1390次
资料类型:历年高考题
文档大小:217KB
所属点数: 0点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
2014年高考真题——英语(江西卷)第二部分
英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
21.----Could I use this dictionary ?
----_____.It’s a spare one .
A. Good idea
B. Just go ahead
C. You’re welcome D. You’d better not
【考点】考察交际英语
【解析】本题考察的是交际用语。A好主意;B去做吧!(表示同意对方提出的做法)C不用谢;D你最好不要这样做;句义:—我可以用这个字典吗?—拿去吧!这个现在没有人用。根据句义本句中的go ahead表示“拿去吧!”根据句义说明B正确。
【举一反三】—May I open the window to let in some fresh air?
—___________
A. Come on
B. Take care
C. Go ahead!
D. Hold on!
【考点】本题考查交际用语。
【解析】根据语境可以知道:去开吧, 去做吧。所以答案为:C。容易误选A。come on 的意思是 “算了吧!加油!”
22. They chose Tom to be ___captain of the team because they knew he was __smart leader.
【考点】考察冠词
【解析】本题第一空后面的名词captain队长后面有介词短语of the team修饰,表示特指,所以使用定冠词the表示特指。第二空后的可数名词leader前面有形容词smart修饰,用a修饰表示泛指。句义:他们选择Tom作为队长,因为他是一个聪明的领袖。故C正确。
【试题延伸】本题着重理解定冠词和不定冠词的区别,定冠词the表示特指,不定冠词a/an表示泛指;对于冠词特指和泛指的考察是历年来高考的必考点,平时的学习要多进行积累,仔细分析特指还是泛指。
【举一反三】It’s
good feeling for people to admire the Shanghai World Expo that gives them
A. 不填, a
B. a, 不填
【考点】冠词的使用
【解析】good feeling并非特指, 故用a;pleasure是抽象名词, 无需冠词。句意为 “人们喜欢上海世博会给它们的快乐, 这是(一)种不错的感觉” a good feeling , 一种不错的感觉, give sb pleasure。
23 Thanks for your dire we wouldn’t have found it ___.
B. however
C. otherwise
D. instead
【考点】考察副词词义辨析
【解析】本题考察的是副词词义辨析。nowhere任何地方都不,无处;however然而;otherwise否则,要不然;instead代替,而不是;句义:多亏了你房子的说明,要不然,我们会找不到的。本句实际上是一个含蓄条件句的虚拟语气,表示的是与过去事实相反的虚拟语气,主句使用的“情态动词+have done”,otherwise=if there had not been your directions to the house。故C正确。
【举一反三】Student loan is supposed to provide financial support for people who would ________ not be able to go to college.
A. otherwise
B. meanwhile
C. therefore
D. nevertheless
试题分析:考查副词。therefore“因此”;meanwhile“同时”;otherwise“否则”;nevertheless“仍然,尽管,不过如此”。句意:助学贷款应当提供经济资助给上不起大学的那些人。故A正确。
24.----Tony , why are your eyes red ?
---I __ up peppers for the last five minutes .
was cutting
D. have been cutting
【考点】考察时态
【解析】本题考察的是现在完成进行时。句义:—Tony,为什么你的眼睛那么红啊?—在过去的的5分钟里,我一直都在切辣椒。根据句义可知本句表示在过去的一段时间里一直都在做某事,所以使用现在完成进行时表示动作的持续性和反复性。故D正确。
【试题延伸】时态题的考查关键是抓住句子的上下文含义和句中的时间状语。要根据时间状语来选择合适的时态,在平时的学习中要注意积累有关时态的用法和各种时态的特殊之处。如since, so far等经常与现在完成时连用。在条件状语从句中用一般现在时代替将来时等等。
【举一反三】---We've spent too much money recently.
---Well,it isn't surprising. Our friends and relatives ______ around all the time.
A. are coming
B. had come
C. were coming
D. have been coming
试题分析:考查时态:句意:--最近我们花了很多钱。--不奇怪。我们的朋友和亲戚一直过来。可知最近一段时间一直有亲戚朋友来,用现在完成进行时。选D。
25. Starting your own business could be a way to achieving financial independence .___, it could just put you in debt.
In other words
B. All in all
As a result
D. On the other hand
【考点】考察介词短语辨析
【解析】本题考察的是介词短语辨析。A换句话说;B总得说来;C结果是;D另一方面;句义:自己做生意也许是获得经济独立的一个很好的方法,另一方面,它也可能让你负债。根据句义说明这是一件事情的两个方面,所以D项符合上下文串联。[中^国教育~@出*版网#]
【举一反三】I would like a job which pays more, but
I enjoy the work I’m doing at the
A.in other words
B.on the other hand
C.for one thing
D.as a matter of fact
【考点】本题考查介词短语的用法。
【解析】in other words换句话说;on the other hand另一方面;for one thing一则, 常与for another thing连用;as a matter of fact=in fact事实上。根据句意, B项正确。
26. When it comes to __ in public , no one can match him .
C. being spoken
D. be spoken
【考点】考察固定句式
【解析】本题考察的是固定句式:When it comes to…当谈及/提及/涉及…;其中的to是介词,后面要接名词或者动名词做宾语。句义:当涉及到在公众场所发言,没有人比得上他。本句中动名词speaking作为介词to的宾语。故B正确。
27. Anyway , we’re here now ,so let’s ___some serious work.[中
come up with
get down to
do away with
D. live up to
【考点】考察动词短语辨析
【解析】本题考察的是动词短语辨析。A想出,提出;B开始认真做某事,着手做某事;do away with废除,消灭;live up to符合,不辜负;句义:不关怎么样,我们现在这里了,让我们开始认真工作吧!B项get down to中的to是介词,后面要接名词或者动名词做宾语。故B正确。
【举一反三】I can
the house being untidy, but I hate it if it’s not clean.
A. come up with
B.put up with
C. turn to
D.stick to
【考点】考查短语动词的辨析。
【解析】句意为“房子里东西凌乱我能忍,但是脏我讨厌。”come up with想出, 提出;put up with
忍受, 容忍;turn to转向,翻书到,求助于,(使)变成;stick to坚持,紧跟,粘住,忠于。不整洁的;凌乱的
28. Among the many dangers_-- sailors have to face , probably the greatest of all is fog .
【考点】考察定语从句
【解析】本题定语从句的先行词是the many dangers,在定语从句中关系代词which指代先行词在句中作为动词face的宾语,可以省略。CD两项都是关系副词,在定语从句中通常只作状语,不能做宾语。What不是定语从句的关系词。句义:在士兵面对的很多危险中,也许最大的危险是雾吧!故A正确。
【试题延伸】解答定语从句的关键是分析句子成分,如果定语从句中句子成分很完整就使用关系副词来引导;如果句子缺少主语,宾语,表语或者定语的时候就使用关系代词。同时也要注意一些关系词的特殊用法,尤其是that/as的特殊用法,既要注意普遍性,也要注意特殊性。
【举一反三】That evening, _____ I will tell you more about later, I ended up working very late.
【解析】这里that evening是先行词,其在定语从句中作介词about的宾语,所以用which。句意:以后我将和你谈起的那个晚上,我工作到了很晚。
29. I don’t believe what you said , but if you can prove it , you may be able to __me .
【考点】考察动词词义辨析
【解析】本题考察的是动词词义辨析。Convince使…相信,使…信服;inform通知;guarantee保证,担保;refuse拒绝;句义:我不相信你说的话,但是如果你能证明你所说的额,也许你就能够让我相信了。根据上下文可知A项符合句义。
30. Li even the poorest __become the richest .
【考点】考察情态动词词义辨析
【解析】本题考察的是情态动词辨析。Shall将要;must必须,一定;need需要;might也许;句义:生活是无法预测的,甚至最贫穷的人也许会成为最富有的人。根据前句:Life is unpredictable。说明一切都有可能,所以使用might表示存在的可能性。故D正确。
【试题延伸】情态动词是一种本身有一定的词义,表示说话人的情绪,态度或语气的动词,但不能单独作谓语, 只能和其他动词原形构成谓语。can (could) 表示说话人能,可以,同意,准许,以及客观条件许可;will, would用于疑问句表示说话人向对方提出请求或询问,用 would 比 will 更婉转,客气。Shall表示命令,警告,允诺,征求,劝告,建议惊奇。
31. ___nearly all our money , we couldn’t afford to stay at a hotel .
A. Having spent
D. To have spent
【考点】考察非谓语动词用法
【解析】本题考察的是分词做状语用法。动词spend与句子主语we构成逻辑上的主动关系,所以使用现在分词spending的形式,而本句中spend all our money是发生在谓语动词之前的,所以使用现在分词的完成式having spent。句义:几乎把所有的钱都花完了,我们没有钱住宾馆了。B项通常在句中做目的状语。CD项表示被动。故A正确。
【举一反三】________ many times, he still repeated the same mistake.
A. Having been told B. Having told
C. Telling
试题分析:句意:他虽然被告诉过许多次但仍旧犯同样的错误。这里是非谓语动词做状语,having done在谓语动词之前发生表示主动。 having been done在谓语动词之前发生表示被动。选A。
32. ---When shall I call , in the morning or afternoon?
----___. I’ll be in all day .
C. Neither
【考点】考察代词辨析
【解析】句义:—我什么时候打电话过来?早晨还是下午?—都可以,我一直都在。根据句义可知是在:早晨和下午这两种情况中做出选择。AB通常都表示三者或者三者以上的情况,neither表示两者都不。故D正确。
【举一反三】They produced four reports, _______ of which contained any useful suggestions.
D. neither
试题分析:考查代词:A. either两者中任何一个,B. all 三者以上都,C. none三者以上都不,D. neither两者都不,句意:他们做了四个报告,没有一个有有用的建议。由于是四份报告,排除AD,因为定语从句中用any,说明是否定句,用none,选C。
33. It is unbelievable that Mr. Lucas leads a simple life __his great wealth .
【考点】考察介词词义辨析
【解析】without没有,要不是;despite尽管,不管;in在…里面;在…上等;句义:真是难以相信啊!尽管Lucas先生有很多钱,但他还过着如此简单的生活。根据句义说明上下文之间存在这转折关系,选项中只有B项与之相符。故B正确。
34.He is thought ___foolishly .Now he has no one but himself to blame for losing the job .
to have acted
D. having acted
【考点】考察非谓语动词用法
【解析】本句考察的是固定句式:Sb be though to…某人被认为…;如果表示的是一个已经完成的动作,就使用不定式的完成式,如果是正在进行的动作,就使用不定式的进行式。句义:他被认为表现很糟糕,现在他只能责怪自己丢了那份工作。根据句义可知他表现很糟糕是在丢掉工作之前,所以使用不定式的完成式。故B正确。
【举一反三】A ship loaded with expensive goods was reported ________ into the sea with its oil ________ .
A. given out
B. run out
C. used up
D. run out of
试题分析:本题第一空是一个固定句式sth be reported to have done据说做了某事;使用不定式的完成式表示已经完成,已经发生的动作。第二空是with的复合结构,名词its oil与动词短语run out of构成被动关系,故使用run out of。Run out是没有被动语态。句义:据报道一艘装满昂贵货物的船由于汽油用完而沉没在大海里。故D正确。
35. It was the middle of the night __ my father woke me up and told me to watch the football game .
【考点】考察状语从句
【解析】本句中的when引导的是一个时间状语从句。句义:当我的父亲把我叫醒并我告诉我看足球赛的时候,那时在半夜。本句容易错选A项,认为是强调句型。实际上the middle of the night不能单独做时间状语,如果在the middle of the night前面加上in,本题就可以选择A项了。故D正确。
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意。然后从36-55各题所给的四个选项中(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
“Mum, can I invite my classmate Brett over to stay tomorrow night, please? It’s Friday, and we don’t have any _36__.Can I, please?” Mum was sitting at the kitchen table. Dad was _37__next
to her, resting his head on his arms. Mum could _38__that James wanted so badly to have his friend over.
“I’m so sorry, James,” she said.
“I’m never allowed to have friends come to the house? Why, Mum?” James asked sadly, almost in _39__.
“I know it’s _40__ for you,” Mum said softly. “But I’m just worried other people might think we’re a little… strange. And then they would make fun of you.”
“No, they wouldn’t, Mum,” James protested. “We’re not _41__ at all. We’re just ordinary people.”
Mum sighed heavily. “ To tell you the truth, James, my neck has been so painful that it’s given me a heavy _42__. And your poor father –he doesn’t feel _43__. He really needs a rest.”
“I can help, Mum!” James said. “_44__ I can make you and Dad feel better, can Brett come over? Please?”
“Well…”Mum began.
“Great ! Thanks ,Mum!” James almost shouted. “ Just sit there, don’t move.” He rushed over to the kitchen drawer and _45__ what he needed –two
spanners(扳手). “ Hang on, Mum,” he said. “ This won’t take a second.” After some _46__, James was finished. With a smile of _47__ on his face he said, “ There! How does that feel?” “ Oh, James,” Mum said. “ That’s a much better! How did you do it?”
“Easy,” James said _48__.” Dad had tightened your neck bolts (螺栓) too much! I just_49__ them slightly ! I learned that in robotic science at school.”
“What about you father? Can you _50__ him?” asked Mum.
“I’ll try,” James replied. He __51_ up Dad’s hair at the back of his neck.
and plugged the electric wire into Dad’s head. Then he turned the _52__on. Dad opened his eyes and _53__ immediately . “ He just let his _54__run too low, that’s all,” James said, “Shall I tell Brett to come over straight after school tomorrow?”
“I guess so,” replied Mum. “ Your friends will just have to _55__ that we are a very unusual family. Thanks, son !”
36. A. chance
C. homework
D.difficulty
37. A. asleep
D.standing
38. A. explain
C. surprise
D. silence
A. strange
C. popular
D. anxious
A. headache
B. controlled
D. returned
A. requests
B. thoughts
C. repairs
D. instructions
A. sympathy
B. satisfaction
C bitterness
D. politeness
A. embarrassedly
B. gratefully
C. impatiently
D. proudly
A. adjusted
B. collected
C. produced
D. covered
B. accompany
A. television
A. grew up
B. lay down
C. broke down
B. temperature
C. battery
C. suspect
【考点】考察科幻故事类完型
【文章大意】本文是一个科幻故事,讲述的是很奇葩的一家人:都是靠电力和机械维持的。身体不好是因为身体里的电池电量低了,头疼是因为脖子上的螺丝太紧了?如果你想多了解这个奇葩的一家人?就请向下看!
36. 【答案】C
【试题解析】考察名词词义辨析及上下文串联。A机会,可能性;B消息,信息;C家庭作业;D困难;句义:妈妈,我可以邀请Brett来我家吗?这是星期五,我们没有家庭作业。根据Friday,可知这是周末,所以没有家庭作业是正常的事情。
37. 【答案】A
【试题解析】考察词义辨析及语境理解。A睡着的,入睡的;B阅读;C独自;D站立;根据下文resting his head on his arms头放在胳膊上,可知爸爸正在睡觉。
38. 【答案】B
【试题解析】考察动词词义辨析及上下文语境。A解释;B看见;理解;C同意;D怀疑;妈妈能够理解James非常希望他的朋友过来。本句的see应该指“理解,明白”。
39. 【答案】B
【试题解析】考察词义辨析及上下文串联。A恐惧;B眼泪;C惊讶;D安静;句义:我从来没有带朋友来过我家!为什么?James难过地问。几乎要留下眼泪。句中的sadly说明他很难过,所以使用tears与sadly保持一致。
40. 【答案】D
【试题解析】考察形容词词义辨析及上下文串联。A公平的;B容易的;C好的;困难的;妈妈说:我知道这对你来说很困难,但是我只是担心别人也许会感觉到我们家有点奇怪。本句是指他一直拒绝带朋友到家里来是很难做到的事情。
41. 【答案】A
【试题解析】考察形容词词义辨析及上下文串联。A奇怪的;B正常的;C受欢迎的,流行的;D焦虑的;根据40空后we’re a little… strange.可知妈妈担心别人会认为我们很奇怪,但是James认为他们都是正常人,一点也不奇怪的。故A正确。
42. 【答案】A
【试题解析】考察名词词义辨析及上下文串联。A头疼;B失去,损失;C任务;D天,日子;妈妈说:我的脖子一直都很疼,甚至让我都感觉头疼了,你的爸爸感觉也不好,总是需要休息。故A正确。
43. 【答案】D
【试题解析】考察形容词辨析及上下文串联。A生病的;B滑稽的;C难过的;D健康的(形容词);句义:你的爸爸感觉也不好,总是需要休息。Well作为形容词只能表示身体好。
44. 【答案】B
【试题解析】考察连词辨析及上下文串联。A随着;B如果;C自从;D在…之前;James说:如果我能让你和爸爸感觉好,Brett就可以过来了吗?感觉句义可知表示上下文的条件关系。故B正确。
45. 【答案】C
【试题解析】考察动词词义辨析。A保持;B控制;C找到;D归还;James冲进了厨房,找到了他需要的东西—扳手。感觉下文可知他用扳手来修理父母亲身上的故障。
46. 【答案】C
【试题解析】考察名词词义辨析及上下文串联。A请求;B想法;C维修;D使用说明;根据上文可知他从厨房里找到了两个扳手。可知他是用这两个扳手修理东西。句义:经过一些修理以后,他完成了。故C正确。
47. 【答案】B
【试题解析】连词名词词义辨析及上下文串联。A同情心;B满意;C难过,苦涩;D礼貌;满脸的满意之情,他问妈妈:现在感觉怎么样?妈妈说好多了。你是怎么做到的呢?
48. 【答案】D
【试题解析】考察副词词义辨析及上下文串联。A尴尬地;B感激地;C不耐烦地;D自豪地;James很自豪地说:很容易,爸爸把你脖子上的螺丝太紧了,我帮你调整了一下。句中的形容词easy说明他很自豪。故D正确。
49. 【答案】A
【试题解析】考察动词词义辨析及上下文串联。A调整;B收集,整理;C生成;D覆盖,采访;句义:爸爸把你脖子上的螺丝太紧了,我帮你调整了一下。故A正确。
50. 【答案】C
【试题解析】考察动词词义辨析及语境理解。A问候;B陪伴;C帮助;D请求;妈妈说:你爸爸怎么样?你能帮助他吗?根据上文可知爸爸的身体也不好,所以妈妈请求James也帮爸爸。
51. 【答案】A
【试题解析】考察动词词义辨析及上下文串联。A提高,举起;B抓住;C给予;D充满;James把爸爸脖子后面的头发拉了起来。插入了一根电线。
52. 【答案】B
【试题解析】考察名词词义辨析及上下文串联。A电视;B权力,电力;C光线;D汽油;他把一根电线插入到爸爸的头里,然后打开电源。本句中的power指电力。从下文可知爸爸的电池电量低,所以James给爸爸充电了,他才会打开电源。
53. 【答案】D
【试题解析】考察动词词义辨析及语境理解。A成长;长大;B放下;C出故障,身体垮掉;D坐起来;句义:当他打开电源的时候,爸爸突然就坐了起来。说明爸爸的问题好了。原来是躺着那里休息的,故使用sit up,D正确。
54. 【答案】C
【试题解析】考察名词词义辨析。A食物;B温度;C电池;D血;根据文章可做这家人很特殊,都是机械化。爸爸身体不好可能是因为体内的电池电量不足。句义:爸爸只是让他的电池电量太低了。故C正确。
55. 【答案】D
【试题解析】考察动词词义辨析。A证明;B期待;C怀疑;D接受;句义:你的朋友不得不接受我们是很特别的一家人的事实。故D正确。
【长难句解析】
1.To tell you the truth, James, my neck has been so painful that it’s given me a heavy headache.
【翻译】说实话,我的脖子是如此的疼痛要注意它都让我的头很疼。
【分析】本句中的to tell you the truth说实话,在句中是插入语。另外后面的主句中含有so…that…的句式,that引导的是一个结果状语从句,
2. Shall I tell Brett to come over straight after school tomorrow?
【翻译】要我告诉Brett明天放学以后直接过来吗?
【分析】本句中的shall用于一三人称,表示征求对方的意见。Will用于第二人称征求对方的意见。如:Will you have a try?
第三部分 阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Larry was on another of his underwater expeditions(探险)but this time, it was different. He decided to take his daughter along with him. She was only ten years old. This would be her first trip with her father on what he had always been famous for.
Larry first began diving when he was his daughter’s age. Similarly, his father had taken him along on one of his expeditions. Since then, he had never looked back. Larry started out by renting diving suits from the small diving shop just along the shore. He had hated them. They were either too big or too small. Then, there was the instructor. He gave him a short lesson before allowing him into the water with his father. He had made an exception. Larry would never have been able to go down without at least five hours of theory and another similar number of hours on practical lessons with a guide. Children his age were not even allowed to dive.
After the first expedition, Larry’s later diving adventures only got better and better. There was never a dull moment. In his black and blue suit and with an oxygen tank fastened on his back, Larry dived from boats into the middle of the ocean. Dangerous areas did not prevent him from continuing his search. Sometimes, his was limited to a cage underwater but that did not bother him. At least, he was still able to take photographs of the underwater creatures.
Larry’s first expedition without his father was in the Cayman Islands.There were numerous diving spots in the area and Larry was determined to visit all of them .Fortunately for him,a man offered to take him around the different spots for free. Larry didn’t even know what the time was how many spots he dived into or how many photographs he had taken.The diving spots afforded such a wide array of fish and sea creatures that Larry saw more than thirty varieties of creatures.
Larry looked at his daughter.She looked as excited as he had been when he was her age.He hoped she would be able to continue the family tradition.Already,she looked like she was much braver than had been then.This was the key to a successful underwater expedition.
56.In what way was this expedition different for Larry?
A.His daughter had grown up.
B.He had become a famous diver.
C.His father would dive with him.
D.His daughter would dive with him.
57.What can be inferred from Paragraph2?
A.Larry had some privileges.
B. Larry liked the rented diving suits.
C.Divers had to buy diving equipment.
D.Ten-year-old children were permitted to dive.
58.Why did Larry have to stay in a cage underwater sometimes?
A.To protect himself from danger.
B.To dive into the deep water.
C.To admire the underwater view.
D.To take photo more conveniently.
59.What can be learned from the underlined sentence?
A.Larry didn’t wear a watch.
B. Larry was not good at math.
C. Larry had a poor memory.
D. Larry enjoyed the adventure.
60.What did Larry expect his daughter to do?
A.Become a successful diver.
B. Make a good diving guide.
C. Take a lot of photos underwater. D. Have longer hours of training.
【考点】考察人物传记类阅读
【文章大意】本文用倒叙的手法叙述了著名的潜水员Larry的潜水经历,以及他带着女儿继续家庭的传统继续潜水的故事。
56. 【答案】D
【试题解析】推理题。根据文章1,2行Larry was on another of his underwater expeditions(探险)but this time, it was different. He decided to take his daughter along with him.可知这次潜水最大的不同是Larry会带着他的女儿一起下水。故D正确。
57. 【答案】A
【试题解析】推理题。根据第二段后两行. He had made an exception. Larry would never have been able to go down without at least five hours of theory and another similar number of hours on practical lessons with a guide. Children his age were not even allowed to dive.
可知在别的孩子不被允许潜水的时候,Larry已经被允许和父亲去潜水,说明他享有特权。故A正确。
58. 【答案】A
【试题解析】推理题。根据文章第三段后2行Dangerous areas did not prevent him from continuing his search. Sometimes, his was limited to a cage underwater but that did not bother him. At least, he was still able to take photographs of the underwater creatures可知一些危险的地方也没有能够阻止他去探险,有些地方很危险,他们需要在笼子里,以保护自己不受到危险的侵害。说明把他放在水下的笼子里是为了保护他不受危险的侵害。故A正确。
59. 【答案】D
【试题解析】推理题。根据本句. Larry didn’t even know what the time was how many spots he dived into or how many photographs he had taken.他甚至不再的自己曾经到过多少水下的地方,不知道之间潜水了多长时间,不知道自己拍摄了多少照片。可知他很享受自己的水下探险,到了忘我的境界。故D正确。
60. 【答案】A
【试题解析】推理题。根据文章最后一段1,2行Larry looked at his daughter.She looked as excited as he had been when he was her age.He hoped she would be able to continue the family tradition.可知他希望女儿能够继续家庭的传统。他的父亲是一名潜水员,他也是。那么他也希望自己的女儿也成为一名成功的潜水员。故A正确。
【长难句解析】
This would be her first trip with her father on what he had always been famous for.
【翻译】这将是他第一次和他父亲在他很出名的领域里一起旅游。
【分析】本句中的介词on后面有一个宾语从句what he had always been famous for.,what引导起这个宾语从句,并在句中充当介词for的宾语。
HOLIDAY FUN AT THE POWERHOUSE
500 HARRIS STREET ULTIMO ·TELEPHONE (02)9270111
Join in the holiday fun at the powerhouse this month linked to our new exhibition, Evolution & Revolution: Chinese dress 1700s to now. DON’T FORGET our other special event, the Club Med Circus School which is part of the Circus(马戏团)!150 years of circus in Australia exhibition experience!
Chinese Folk Dancing: Colorful Chinese dance and musical performances by The Chinese Folk Dancing School of Sydney. Dances include: the Golden and the Chinese drum dance. A feature will be the Qin dynasty Emperor’s count dance. Also included is a show of face painting for Beijing opera performances.
Sunday 29 June and Wednesday 2 July in the Turbine Hall, at 11.30 am & 1.30 pm.
Australian Chinese Children’s Arts Theatre: Well-known children’s play experts from Shanghai leas this dynamic youth group. Performance include Chinese fairy tales and plays.
Thursday 3 to Sunday 6 July in the Turbine Hall, at 11.30 am & 1.30 pm.
Chinese Youth League: A traditional performing arts group featuring performance highlights such as Red scarf and Spring flower dances, and a musician playing Er Hu.
Sunday 6 to Tuesday 8 July in the Turbine Hall, 11.30 am to 1.30 pm.
Kids Activity : Make a Paper Horse: Young children make a paper horse cut-out. (The horse is a frequent theme in Chinese painting, including a kind of advancement.) Suitable for ages 8-12 years.
Sunday 28 June to Tuesday 8 July in the Turbine Hall, 12.30 pm to 1.00 pm.
Club Med Circus School: Learn circus skills, including the trapeze, trampolining and magic. Note only for children over 5. There are 40 places available in each 1 hour session and these must be booked at the front desk, level 4, on the day.
Tuesday 1 to Saturday 5 July at 11.30am& 1.00pm
Enjoy unlimited free visits and many other benefits by becoming a Family member of the Powerhouse. Our family memberships cover two adults and all children under the age of 16years at the one address.
Members receive Powerline, our monthly magazine, discounts in the shops and restaurants, as well as free admission to the Museum. All this for as little as $50,00 a year! Call (02) for more details.
When can you watch the Chinese drum dance?
On July 2.
B. On July 3.
C. On July 6.
D. On July 8.
To learn the magic tricks, you can go to
A. Kids Activity.
B. Chinese Youth League.
C. Club Med Circus School.
D. Children’s Arts Theatre.
what is required if you want to enjoy free visits to the Museum?
Calling (02).
B. Gaining family membership.
C. Coming for the holiday fun.
D. Paying powerline $50.00 a year.
What is the main purpose of the text?
A. To attract visitors.
B. To present schedules.
C. To report the performances.
D. To teach kids Chinese arts.
【考点】考察广告应用类阅读
【文章大意】本文属于广告类阅读,向读者介绍了THE POWERHOUSE中不同的节目的具体信息,最终的目的还是在于吸引游客去参观或者参与。
61. 【答案】A
【试题解析】细节题。根据Chinese Folk Dancing部分第二行Dances include: the Golden and the Chinese drum dance.可知包括了Chinese drum dance。而Chinese Folk Dancing的时间是Sunday 29 June and Wednesday 2 July in the Turbine Hall, at 11.30 am & 1.30 pm.故A项正确,在July 2.可以欣赏到Chinese drum dance。
【试题解析】细节题。根据Club Med Circus School:部分第一句 Learn circus skills, including the trapeze, trampolining and magic.可知在这里可以学习到魔术技巧。故C正确。
【试题解析】细节题。根据文章倒数3,4行Enjoy unlimited free visits and many other benefits by becoming a Family member of the Powerhouse. Our family memberships cover two adults and all children under the age of 16years at the one address.可知成为Powerhouse的成员就可以获得无限次数的免费参观。故B正确。故C正确。
【试题解析】推理题。本文属于广告类阅读,向读者介绍了THE POWERHOUSE中不同的节目的具体信息,最终的目的还是在于吸引游客去参观或者参与,他们才可以挣钱。故A正确。
【长难句解析】
Our family memberships cover two adults and all children under the age of 16years at the one address.
【翻译】我们的家庭成员生活在同一个地方包括两个成年人和所有16岁以下的孩子。
【分析】本句中的动词cover表示包括,相当于include。动词cover有多层含义,如:覆盖;采访;走过….的路程;(金钱、时间)够用;要在具体的语境里选择确切的含义。
Close your eyes foe a minutes and imagine what life would be like of you had a hundred dollars less. Also imagine what it would be like spending the rest of your life with you eyes closed. Imagine having to read this page, not with your eyes but with your finger-tips.
With existing medical knowledge and skills, two-thirds of the world’s 42 million blind should not have to suffer. Unfortunately, rich countries posses most of this knowledge, while developing countries do not.
ORBIS is an international non-profit organization which operates the world’s only flying teaching eye hospital. ORBIS intends to help fight blindness worldwide. Inside a DC-8 aircraft, there is a fully-equipped teaching hospital with television studio and classroom. Doctors are taught the latest techniques of bringing sight back to people there. Project ORBIS also aims at promoting peaceful cooperation(合作) among countries.
ORBIS tries to help developing countries by providing training during three-week medical programs. ORBIS has taught sight-saving techniques to over 35,000 doctors and nurses, who continue to cure tens of thousands of blind people every year. ORBIS has conducted 17 plane programs is China so far. For the seven to ten million blind in China ORBIS is planning to do more for them. At the moment an ORBIS is working on a long-term plan to develop a training center and to provide eye care service to Shanxi Province.ORBIS needs your help to continue their work and free people from blindness.
For just US $38,you can for $380 you can bring sight to 10 $1,300 helps teach and for $13,000 you can provide a training programme for a group of doctors who can make thousands of blind people see again.Your money can open their eyes to the world.Please help ORBIS improve the quality of life for so many people less fortunate than ourselves.
The first paragraph is intended to ______.
introduce a new way of reading
advise the public to lead a simple life
direct the public’s attention to the blind
encourage the public to use imagination
What do we learn about existing medical knowledge and skills in the world?
They are adequate
B.They have not been updated.
C.They are not equally distributed
D.They have benefited most of the blind
ORRIS aims to help the blind by ______.
teaching medical students
B.training doctors and nurses
C.running flying hospitals globally
D. setting up non-profit organization
What does the author try to do in the last paragraph?
Appeal for donations
B.Make an advertisement
C. Promote training programs
D.Show sympathy for the blind
What can be the best title for the passage?
ORRIS in China
B.Fighting Blindness
C.ORRIS Flying Hospital
D.Sight-saving Techniques
【考点】考察新闻报告类阅读
【文章大意】本文属于报告类阅读,了讲述ORBIS给盲人所做的工作来宣传ORBIS,号召我们为ORBIS捐款来帮助更多的盲人。
【试题解析】推理题。根据第一段1,2行Close your eyes foe a minutes and imagine what life would be like of you had a hundred dollars less. Also imagine what it would be like spending the rest of your life with you eyes closed. Imagine having to read this page, not with your eyes but with your finger-tips.闭上眼睛想象一下少了100美元并没有什么。但是想象一下如果我们在余生里都看不见,不是用眼睛看这篇文章,而是用手指来阅读。作者通过第一段是为了把读者的注意力吸引到盲人的身上。故C正确、
【试题解析】推理题。根据第一段最后2句With existing medical knowledge and skills, two-thirds of the world’s 42 million blind should not have to suffer. Unfortunately, rich countries posses most of this knowledge, while developing countries do not. 可知发动国家的技术更先进,能够给盲人带来更多的帮助,但是发展中国家并没有这样的技术,说明技术的分布并不公平。故C正确。
【试题解析】细节题。根据文章第三段1,2句ORBIS tries to help developing countries by providing training during three-week medical programs. ORBIS has taught sight-saving techniques to over 35,000 doctors and nurses, who continue to cure tens of thousands of blind people every year.得知ORBIS医学培训计划帮助发展中国家培养了很多治疗眼睛疾病的医生,然后这些医生再去帮助那些需要帮助的盲人。故B正确。
【试题解析】推理题。根据最后一段前2行For just US $38,you can for $380 you can bring sight to 10 $1,300 helps teach and for $13,000 you can provide a training programme for a group of doctors who can make thousands of blind people see again.作者在呼吁我们为这个项目捐款,因为捐款可以帮助很多看不见的盲人重新看见光明。故A正确。
【试题解析】主旨大意题。本文在第一段里很巧妙地通过一个闭眼实验把我们的注意力吸引到盲人身上。接下来通过讲述ORBIS给盲人所做的工作来宣传ORBIS。最后号召我们为ORBIS捐款来帮助更多的盲人。所以本文实际上是介绍ORRIS Flying Hospital的。故C正确。
【长难句解析】
1.Also imagine what it would be like spending the rest of your life with you eyes closed
【翻译】也要想象闭着眼睛度过余生会是什么样子。
【分析】本句句子结构比较复杂,首先动词imagine后面有一个宾语从句what it would be like….;在这个从句中what既充当引导词也在句中做like的宾语。句中的it是形式主语,真正的主语是后面的动名词短语spending the rest of your life with you eyes closed,主语中含有with you eyes closed这个with复合结构。
2. ORBIS has taught sight-saving techniques to over 35,000 doctors and nurses, who continue to cure tens of thousands of blind people every year.
【翻译】ORBIS已经把保护视力的技巧教给了35000多名医生和护士,这些医生和护士每年都继续治愈成千上万的盲人。
【分析】本句中含有一个非限制性定语从句who continue tens of thousands of blind people every year。其中的关系代词who指代先行词,在句中做主语。
Everyone looks forward to progress, whether in one’s personal life or in the general society. Progress indicates a person’s ability to change the way he is living at the moment. Progress must lead a better way of doing things.All these, however, remains true only in so far as people want to accept technology and move forward
by finding new and more efficient ways of doing things.[中国@~教育出#&版网%]
However,at the back of the minds of many people,especially those who the “good old days”, efficiency comes with a price. When communication becomes efficient,people are able to contact one another no matter where they are and at whatever time they wish to.The click of a button allows people miles apart to talk or to see each other without even leaving their homes. With the communication gadgets, such as mobile phones and ipads, people often do not take the effort to visit one another personally.A personal visit carries with the additional feature of having to be in the person’s presence for as long as the visit lasts. We cannot unnecessarily excuse ourselves or turn the other person off.
With efficiency also comes mass production.Such is the nature of factories and the success of industrialization today.Factories have improved efficiency. Unskillful tasks are left to machines and products are better made and and produced with greater accuracy than any human hand could ever have done. However, with the improvements in efficiency also comes the loss of the personal
Touch when making these products. For example, many handcrafts(手工艺品) are now produced in a factory.
Although this means that supply is better able to increase demand, now that the supply is quick and efficient, the demand might fall because mass production lowers the quality of the handicraft and it is difficult to find unique designs on each item.
Nevertheless, we must not commit the mistake of analyzing progress only from one point of view. In fact, progress has allowed tradition to keep up. It is only with progress and the invention of new technology that many old products can be brought back to their old state. New technology is required for old products to stay old.
It is people’s attitude towards progress that causes the type of influence that technology has on society. Technology is flexible. There is no fixed way of making use of it. Everything depends on people’s attitude. The worst effects of progress will fall on those who are unable to rethink their attitudes and views of society. When we accept progress and adapt it to suit our needs, a new “past” is created.
70. According to Paragraph 1, progress can benefit people when they are willing to _______.[w
A. live a better life
B. look for better methods
C. change ways of living
D. accept technology and advance steadily
71. The underlined word “gadgets” is closest in meaning to _______.
B. messages
C. barriers
72. The author explains “efficiency comes with a price” by _______.
A. describing a process
B. using examples
C. following time order
D. making classification
73. Compared with home-made handicrafts, machine- made products _______.
A. lack great accuracy
B. lack the personal touch
C. are of high value
D. are quite welcome
74. What can be learned about technology from Paragraph 4?
A. It can destroy old traditions.
B. It can lead to social progress.
C. It can be used to correct mistakes.
D. It can be used to preserve old products.
75. What can be concluded from the last paragraph?
A. Progress can suit the needs of daily life.
B. People review the past with great regret.
C. Technology should be introduced in a fixed way.
D. People’s attitude decides the use of technology.
【考点】考察文化教育类阅读
【文章大意】新技术的出现给我们的生活和社会带来很大的影响,有积极的方面也有消极的方面。但是真正决定技术是否能够影响人类的生活,取决于人们对待技术的态度。
【试题解析】推理题。根据第一段3,4句All these, however, remains true only in so far as people want to accept technology and move forward
by finding new and more efficient ways of doing things.可知只要人们想要接受新的技术并且继续努力向前找到做事的更好的更高效的方法,那么技术的进步是可以给我们带来很多的好处的。故D项正确。
【试题解析】猜测词义题。根据本句With the communication gadgets, such as mobile phones and ipads关键是横线后面的mobile phones and ipads,这些都是人们经常使用的交流工具,所以该词表示的是A项含义。故A正确。
【试题解析】推理题。根据横线下面3行When communication becomes efficient,people are able to contact one another no matter where they are and at whatever time they wish to.The click of a button allows people miles apart to talk or to see each other without even leaving their homes.当沟通变得高效的时候,不管人们在那里,我们都可以进行有效地沟通。轻轻点按钮就能喝别人进行沟通。说明作者是通过具体的例子来说明“efficiency comes with a price”。故B正确。
【答案】B [中国教*育&#^@出版网]
【试题解析】细节题。根据文章第三段3,4行However, with the improvements in efficiency also comes the loss of the personal touch when making these products.可知技术进步以后,生产出来的产品缺乏the personal touch。故B正确。
【试题解析】推理题。根据倒数第二段最后2行It is only with progress and the invention of new technology that many old products can be brought back to their old state. New technology is required for old products to stay old.可知使用最新的技术可以把很多旧的东西弄旧到原来的状态,也可以使用新技术来保存就产品。故D正确。
【试题解析】推理题。根据本段第一句It is people’s attitude towards progress that causes the type of influence that technology has on society.和第三句Everything depends on people’s attitude可知人们对于进步的态度导致了技术是否能够对社会产生很多的影响,一切都取决于人们的态度。故D正确。
【长难句解析】
1.Everyone looks forward to progress, whether in one’s personal life or in the general society.
【翻译】无论是在个人生活孩子在社会中,每个人都期待着进步。
【分析】本句含有一个特殊的让步状语从句whether in one’s personal life or in the general society.,其中的连词whether…or…“不管…还是…”其中的whether并不是平时表示“如果,是否”的含义。
2. It is people’s attitude towards progress that causes the type of influence that technology has on society.
【翻译】是人们对待的态度导致技术对社会的影响的类型。
【分析】本句中有一个强调句型,强调的是句子的主语people’s attitude towards progress;另外本句中还有一个定语从句that technology has on society.修饰先行词influence。
第二卷(非选择题
满分35分)
注意事项:
第二卷2页,须用黑色墨水签字笔在答题卡上书写作答。如在试题卷上作答,答案无效。
写作(共两节, 满分35分)
阅读表达(共5小题; 每小题2分,满分10分)
阅读下面短文并回答问题,然后将答案写到答题卡相应的位置上(请注意问题后的词数要求)。
【1】A safari park is a park in which wild animals are kept. They are mainly located in east or central Africa. They often occupy a very wild area, with mountains and rivers. To visit the park and look at the animals, people have to drive around- in a car for a few of hours because the park is huge.
【2】In south Africa there is a safari park, which contains all sorts of wild animals like lions, elephants, rhinoceroses(犀牛), zebras, wild pigs, deer and giraffes.
【3】There is a wild road leading through the park, but nobody is permitted to walk on the road. Anyone traveling in the park has to go in a car because wild animals may fiercely attack people. From the car he may see almost every types of African wildlife. Some of these are getting scarce (稀有的) because people kill them for various reasons. For example, rhinoceroses are killed for their horns (角), which are used in traditional Chinese medicines for colds and headaches. Perhaps they will be seen only in museums and books one day.
【4】Travels may purchase food for the animals. They can feed them when they tour the park. Of course, they should not feed them in a close distance because the wild animals may attack people. In addition, they should only give proper food to the animals.
【5】A traveler may carry a gun with him in his journey. The gun is given to him by the government. However, it is not used for hunting. In fact, a seal is fixed to it. The traveler may fire at a wild beast to defend himself in case he is attacked. However, he has to prove to the government that he has been attacked and that he has not fired at a harmless animal.
76. List one of the reasons why travelers have to stay in a car during their visit.(no more than 6 words)
76. 【答案】The park is huge或Animals may attack people
【试题解析】细节题。根据文章第一段第三句To visit the park and look at the animals, people have to drive around- in a car for a few of hours because the park is huge和第三段第2句Anyone traveling in the park has to go in a car because wild animals may fiercely attack people. 可知公园很大,以及动物可能会攻击人类这两个原因导致人们不得不坐在车里游览这个公园。
77. 【答案】People kill them for their horns
【试题解析】细节题。根据文章第三段3,4行For example, rhinoceroses are killed for their horns (角), which are used in traditional Chinese medicines for colds and headaches可知犀牛被猎杀是因为人们需要它的角。
78. 【答案】Staying away from the animals and giving them proper food.
【试题解析】细节题。根据第四段2,3句Of course, they should not feed them in a close distance because the wild animals may attack people. In addition, they should only give proper food to the animals.可知要在一个安全的距离喂食,另外要喂适当的食物。
79.【答案】By checking the seal
【试题解析】细节题。根据第五段2,3句However, it is not used for hunting. In fact, a seal is fixed to it.可知政府会使用seal来看你是否开枪射击。
80. 【答案】A safari park in South Africa
【试题解析】主旨大意题。本文主要讲述的是在南非的a safari park里旅游的信息。
第二节 书面表达
假定你是星光中学的高中毕业生李华,母校将为高一新生举办主题为“What to learn in senior high school?”的英语沙龙活动,特邀请你结合自身经历谈谈自己的体会。请根据以下提示准备一份英语发言稿。
1.学会学习:方法,习惯等;
2.学会做人:真诚,友善;
3.学会其他:考生自拟。
注意:1.词数120左右;
2.发言稿开头和结尾已给出,不须抄在答题卡上,不计入总次数。
Good morning, everyone! It is my honor to be here to share with you my opinions on what to learn in senior high school.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you!
【考点】考察提纲类作文
【写作指导】
本文属于提纲类短文,母校邀请毕业生李华做一个关于“What to learn in senior high school?”的英语沙龙。谈谈自己的体会,主要叙述过去的事情,使用一般过去时和第一人称。要点:1.学会学习:方法,习惯等; 2.学会做人:真诚,友善;3.学会其他:积极参加课外活动和体育活动等。
提纲类作文,需要我们用正确的英语把给出的要点表达出来.本作文中给出的要点比较具体,故需要准确表达.写作时注意准确运用时态,上下文意思连贯,符合逻辑关系,尽量使用自己熟悉的单词句式,同时也要注意使用高级词汇和高级句型使文章显得更有档次。特别注意在选择句式时要赋予变化。
【一句多译】
养成好习惯很重要
(1)Developing a goood habit is also of importance.
(2)Is very important for us to develop a good habit.
【参考范文】
Good morning, everyone! It is my honour to be here to share with my opinions on what to learn in senior high school.
In the coming three years , our school life will be challenging. First ,we should learn to learn efficiently. Personally, I used to try effective method to achieve my academic goals. Developing a goood habit is also of importance. It really benefited me a lot to preview lessons, get actively involved in class, and review what had been taught after class.
In addition, we should learne how to get along well with others. In school, I respected teachers and was friendly with classmates. It was with sincerity and faithfulness that we created a harmonious atmosphere.
Finally, we should take part in sports and outdoors activities frequently. They were really helpful to build up my body and enrich my school life.
No pains no gains. I am sure that with great efforts ,you will enjoy a colorful and fruitful life here.
Thank you!
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
本网部分资源来源于会员上传,除本网组织的资源外,版权归原作者所有,如有侵犯版权,请联系并提供证据(),三个工作日内删除。
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2016 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved.}

我要回帖

更多关于 have a thing for 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信