when we can see wellwellwhen we can see wellwelllikeyou

Scientific Reports - The Writing Center at UNC-Chapel HillWhy Living in Taiwan can Drastically Improve your Lifestyle
When I graduated from university back in 2012, I remember thinking to myself: What am I going to do with this BA in English? Fortunately for me, I didn’t have to think about it for too long. Luke, my boyfriend of only a few months at the time, told me he was moving to Taiwan to teach English for a year.
Did I want to come? he asked. Well, a job in the UK certainly wasn’t coming my way any time soon, so yeah, I said.
Taiwan’s flag flying at Meihua Lake.
Strangely enough, I’d been studying Taiwan cinema, so it wasn’t completely new territory. However, at the time, I knew nothing about what it would be like to be an expat in Taiwan, nor did I know that moving to Taiwan would drastically improve my lifestyle.
Want to know the reasons why living Taiwan for a year improved my quality of life? Well, here they are:
1. My Dollars were Stacking Up
Just having a job was one big improvement to my lifestyle, but the fact that my job was well-paid in relation to the cost of living in Taiwan made it an even more drastic improvement. I worked at a branch of the biggest language school in the country as an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher. It certainly wasn’t a stress-free dream job and I nearly always had more working hours than I wanted, but all in all it was pretty good.
My monthly salary there totalled around 50,000 NT (?1000) after tax – tax which starts at 18% and drops to 5% after 183 days, and is reimbursed at the end of the following tax year. In the UK, that’s not a great annual salary – in fact, you’d struggle to live. In Taiwan, you’re living really comfortably. That’s not to say I was a spend thrift, because I wasn’t, but my salary afforded me a nice apartment, a scooter, and as many bowls of organic noodles as I could fit into my belly. I might add that I saved over half of my salary.
Check out my ride. I later pimped out my second hand helmet with 7-11 stickers.
2. I Had My Own Home
In the UK, I live with my mum. When Luke and I moved to Taiwan, we had the luxury of being able to afford our own home together. Renting only cost 8% of our income in Taiwan, whereas in London, . Our 2-bed apartment in LuoDong cost 12,000 NT (?236) per month, which was split between us.
Our apartment was on this road. It wasn’t as shabby as it looks from the outside!
3. I Started Learning a Language
Sure, I could’ve started learning a new language at home in the UK but that takes a whole lot of willpower. Being in a small town forced me to start learning Chinese – the locals didn’t speak much English and miming outlandishly to get basic things was lame.
I ma once, I ordered myself 2 dumplings instead of 12. After one year of learning, my Mandarin is at a level I like to call “coffee shop Chinese.” That means I’m great at ordering black americanos, but outside of that my Chinese still leaves a lot to be desired. Needless to say, the
are, of course, huge.
I got coffee, I ordered it in Chinese, that’s all that matters.
4. I Developed a Love of Hiking
I hate to admit it, but before moving to Taiwan I didn’t exercise much. I don’t like being inside a gym, I’ve always found my lack of sporting talent embarrassing, and I get tired of seeing the same places when I go walking. Why did Taiwan change that?
Keen to see new places and not spend all my wages on the weekends, I developed a love for hiking. Taiwan’s middle is completely covered by mountains, which have incredible views and accessible hiking routes. I was all for it, and from hiking I learned to appreciate the natural environment much more than I did before.
It’s well known that physical activity increases both physical and mental well-being, boosts immunity and helps manage stress. Going from from zero to hiker totally improved my lifestyle.
Hiking the Coaling Historical Trail on Taiwan’s east coast.
5. I was Trying New Things All the Time
I don’t mean weird things like spiders on sticks – I just mean it’s inevitable you’ll be trying new things, new foods, new hobbies, when you’re living in a new place. I’d never drank bubble tea until I arrived in Taiwan, I’d never eaten chilli tofu, never driven a scooter, never been river-tracing, never played Settlers of Catan, and certainly never thought I’d be teaching children their ABCs.
Trying new things is an excellent way to improve your lifestyle. Lovers of routine and eating in the same restaurant more than once may disagree, but trying new things is a proven way to keep your brain stimulated, make you more courageous (even if just a little bit), and give you something new to talk about at the dinner table.
Luke braving a fiery cauldron of chilli tofu.
6. I was Living on a Beautiful Island
Well, I guess the UK is a beautiful island too, but the Portuguese didn’t name Taiwan Ilha Formosa for nothing.
A short walk around Taiwan’s Green Island.
Should you think about living in Taiwan?
Relocating to Taiwan enabled me to work, travel and save. I also met a lot of new people,
and learned a lot. In England, getting a job wasn’t easy, saving was impossible, and travel was infrequent. So naturally, my quality of life was improved by my year living abroad.
However, . Some people love the adventure, other people miss home too much. I sit somewhere inbetween those two sides, which is why I only stayed in Taiwan for one year, despite my improved lifestyle. Moving abroad depends on the individual and the kind of lifestyle they want to have.
Share:Like this:Like Loading...
Charlie is a long-term traveller from the UK who writes about simple ways to travel sustainably, including how to become a house sitter and slow traveller, eating local and vegetarian, and making responsible travel choices.
Follow Charlie on Travel
About Charlie
Charlie is a long-term traveller from the UK who writes about simple ways to travel sustainably, including
and slow traveller, eating local and vegetarian, and making responsible travel choices.
Find out more
Currently Travelling in…
Subscribe to Charlie on Travel
Never miss a post from Charlie and Luke! Subscribe to receive blog updates and slow travel news by email.
Email Address
Most Read Posts
Need House Sitters?
On Instagram
Featured In
Inspiring Women Share Their Extraordinary Stories |
%d bloggers like this:初二英语任务型阅读、首字母填空试题与答案_课内英语阅读_萌芽学习网
&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
初二英语任务型阅读、首字母填空试题与答案
&&&&&&&&&&★★★
初二英语任务型阅读、首字母填空试题与答案
作者:佚名
文章来源:
更新时间: 19:00:49
初二任务型阅读、首字母填空
六、任务型阅读(10分)
阅读下列短文,根据短文内容填写表格 (每空限填一词)。
Confidence(自信) is very important in daily life. It can help you to develop a healthy attitude (态度). A study shows that the people who are more confident are much happier. They can have more chance to make themselves successful. The following is about how to be more confident.
Speak loud When you are not confident, you can't do well what you want to do. You speak in a voice so low that other people can hardly hear you. Try to speak loud enough so that people can hear you clearly. The high voice can help you become more confident.
Play sports Physical exercise makes you tired but completely relaxed. A strong body helps you be full of confidence.
Encourage yourself Write down a list of things you did during the day to see how many things you have done well. Did you finish your homework? Did you tell a joke that made everybody laugh? Give yourself praise for the good things you've done.
Pick up a hobby If you like singing, sing as much as you can. In some ways, a hobby can make you outstanding. And it will make you happy and confident.
Get rid of (消除) fear Fear comes along with failure (失败). But it's easy to overcome (克服) if you know that failure is part of your life. Don't hide your head just because you said something stupid last time. Try to start again and believe you can do better.
Being confident
advantages
Helping you ___76______ a healthy attitude
Confident people will feel _____77____
Confident people will have _____78____ more easily
_____79____ of being confident
Speaking aloud to make people ____80_____ you clearly
____81_____ physical exercise to make you tired but ____82_____
Encouraging yourself by ____83_____ down a list of things you did during the day and praising for good things
Picking up a hobby to make you outstanding
Trying to _____84____ fear because failure is part of your life.
Trying to start again and _____85____ yourself.
七、缺词填空(10分)
Do you like travelling? Do you often travel in your holidays? Travelling is i____86______ and exciting, but it is not if you get sick. So what can you do to stay in good h____87___? There are three things you should remember when you travel: relax, sleep and eat w__88____.
When you travel, there are so many places to v___89____: museums, shops and parks. You may spend most of your days w_____90____ around these places. You may be very tired after a few h_91____. If this is the way you feel, you should take a good rest .
Sleep is a_____92___ important. You may want to stay out late at night. In many cities, the nightlife can be very exciting . Then you should plan to sleep for an hour in the day.
Finally, if you want to stay healthy, you must eat well. That m_____93____ eating the right kinds of foods . When you are in a new country, you may want to try new foods, but you need to be careful about how m_____94____ you eat. Lots of rich (油腻的)food isn’t good for you .
So, remember these! If you want to enjoy your holiday, take good care of y_____95___. Give your body some rest. Get enough sleep and eat good, healthy food.
七、阅读表达 阅读短文, 按要求完成短文后的各项任务。(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
In most parts of the world, many students help their schools make less pollution(污染). They join “environment(环境) clubs ”. (1)In an environment club, people work together to make our environment clean. Here are some things students often do.
No garbage(垃圾) lunches. How much do you throw away after lunch? Environment clubs ask students to bring their lunches in bags and the bags can be used again. If the classes make the least garbage, we will report them to the whole school!
No car day. On a no car day, nobody comes to school in a car-----not the students and not the teachers! Cars give pollution to our air, so remember: Walk, jump, bike or run. Use your legs! It's lots of fun!
Turn off the water! Did you know that some toilets(厕所) can waste(浪费) 20 to 40 m3 of water an hour? In a year, that would fill a small river! In environment clubs, students mend(修理) those broken toilets.
We love our environment. (2)Everyone should take _______ to make our environment ______. Let's work together.
91. 将(1)句译成汉语。
92. 在(2)句的空白处分别一个适当的词使句意完整、上下文通顺。 __ _ _
93. How many things can we do to protect the environment in the passage?
94. 在文中找出与If it is a no car day, no one will drive a car to school.意思相近的句子。
95. 在文中找出最能表达该短文主题的句子。
八、短文填空 根据短文内容及首字母提示,补全空格内单词,使短文完整、通顺。(请在答题纸上写出完整单词)(每空一词;共10空,每空1分,满分10分)
There were three old teachers at the railway station. They were talking happily. The train a 96 , but they did not notice (察觉). Then the conductor(列车长) shouted, “G 97 on the train and take your seats, please!”
The teachers heard the conductor and rushed for the train. T 98 of them got on the train b 99 it moved. The third one didn’t get on the t 100 . It was Mr. Green. He looked w 101 .
One of his students was at the station. He t 102 to comfort (安慰) the teacher. “It wasn’t really b 103 , sir,” said the student. “Two out of three caught the train. That’s quite good, you know.”
“I know.” the teacher said. “But it was m 104 train. My friends only came to s 105 good-bye to me.”
八、任务型阅读(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
A) 阅读下列短文,根据短文内容填写表格,每空限填一词。
The world we live in is full of amazing things. Do you know the following things?
★Chocolate tastes nice but it may make the little dog die.
★We may sleep for eight hours at a time but a snail (蜗牛) may sleep for three years.
★Our ears and nose become bigger when we grow up but eyes keep the same after a person is born.
★You may think a bear walks slowly. In fact, it can run as fast as a horse.
★Cats won’t die if they fall off very high places because they can turn themselves up the right way.
★The largest animal on the earth is the blue whale (鲸). It weighs about 80 tons (吨)―more than 24 elephants.
★Most animals will die soon if they lose the head. But a cockroach (蟑螂) can live for nine or ten days when they have no head.
★Not all birds can fly. About forty kinds of birds can’t fly, like the penguin (企鹅) and the ostrich (鸵鸟).
Some (81) ________ things in the world
(82) _______
It’s nice but you can’t give it to little (83) _______, because it can kill them.
They can sleep as (84) _______ as three years.
The size of the eyes doesn’t (85) ________ from birth.
They can run very (86) _______ like a horse.
After (87) _______ off very high places, they can stay alive.
Blue whales
They are the largest animal and a blue whale’s (88) _______ is about 80 tons.
Cockroaches
They can live for nine or ten days (89) _______ the head.
Most birds are good at (90) _______ but some can’t.
B) 根据短文内容及首字母提示,写出所缺单词,使短文完整、通顺。
There are over 800 boarding (寄宿) schools in the UK with students from home (国内) and (91) f countries. Boarding schools started hundreds of years ago in the country. But the earliest boarding schools were set up for white, rich boys only. Now (92) b boys and girls can go to boarding schools from the age of 7 to 18.
(93) B_______ boarding schools have three terms in a school year, with about 13 weeks in each term. (94) A all students at boarding schools wear a school uniform. Boys usually wear a shirt and a tie, and girls wear a white blouse, sometimes also a tie and a skirt.
In the UK, boarding schools provide (提供) students with tasty food. Students can also make (95) t something to eat at any time in a kitchen, or drink tea or have a snack between meals.
七、短文填空(本题共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
请认真阅读下面短文,并根据各题所给首字母的题目,写出一个合适的英语单词完整、正确的形式,使短文通顺。
Once there was a poor old woman. She lived by herself in a little house in a village. She didn’t have (81) m money but she was very kind.
One day a young man named Bill came to her (82) d . He was very thin. He was very hungry and (83) a the old woman for help. The old woman said,“Come in and have dinner with me, but my dinner is only some potatoes.” They had (84) d together. After dinner, the old woman told Bill to (85) t some potatoes with him. He thanked her and left.
Ten years later, Bill came (86) b to the old woman’s door again and gave her a bag of (87) m . She was surprised. Bill said,“Ten years ago you gave me some (88) p . I grew some potato plants. From those plants, Now I’m a (89) r farmer. But I never forget how (90) k you were to me.”
81. 82. 83. 84. 85.
86. 87. 88. 89. 90.
六、任务型阅读(10分)
阅读下列短文,根据短文中的信息完成文后表格。(每空一词)
We go shopping almost every day. We can choose many places to buy things. The supermarket is the right place for you. There are some good points (观点)about buying things at the supermarket.
★You can buy things at the supermarket at a low price. But you pay much more in a big store to buy the same goods.
★ You can decide what to buy all by yourself at the supermarket. And you don’t have trouble from the shop assistant at the big store.
★ There are more goods to buy at the supermarket. You can buy many things for a week’s use at a time. It saves you much money and time.
In a word(总之), it is better to buy things at a supermarket than at a big store.[来
源:学_科_网Z_X_X_K]
Title : Do some ____76_____in the supermarket
We ____77____almost every day. We can choose many places to buy things. ____78____are the right places for you.
Some _____79____points about buying thing at the supermarket[来源:学。科。网]
Buying _____80______things at the supermarket instead of in a big store.
____81___ what to buy all by yourself at the supermarket. And you have __82___trouble from the shop assistant at the big store.
Buying things to ______83____ for a week at a time. You only need to spend a _____84_____money and time .
____85____, it is better to buy things at a supermarket than at a big store.
七、缺词填空(10分)
根据短文内容和首字母提示,在下文空格处填入适当的词使短文完整。(每空一词)
On a hot African morning, Leila was l____86____ on her stomach and an elephant was walking towards her. Leila waited. Then she pushed the button on her camera. “And I g__87____my best photo of an elephant ever, by lying under my car,” Leila explained. “I wanted to get c 88___ to the elephants, but of course this was d 89 ____ , they had their babies with them. So every morning I p 90 ___ my car in the open near the path. They always take the s____91____ path every morning when they left the water hole. After a week, they were used to(习惯于) seeing my car. So the next morning, I lay under it and got my photo!”
Many of the best wildlife photos come from good planning. In Africa, photographers set up their hides (隐匿处) near water holes. They also set up hides near forest paths, b 92 animals use the same paths every night. For bird-watching, many lakes have hides. Inside the hides, b 93 can watch all day in the shade (荫处) out of the wind and r 94 .
Good wildlife photos are needed for books, postcards, m 95 and newspapers. But a success rate of 1 in 20 is good.
六、任务型阅读 (共l0空;每空l分,计l0分)
In America, many students use blogs(博客) as diaries and places to look for advice or find help. It’s very hot. Many students are doing it.
“I write about my activities every day, funny things, or questions in my life,” says Mary, a student at a middle school.
Tom, a student at a high school, says, “I like posting pictures on my blog. Posting pictures is a way to make my blog more beautiful and many people like them. It’s a window into my life in a fun way.” He has been writing the blog for eight months.
Students like writing blogs because they’re easy and they’re free. They can write what they like, think, feel or post pictures. They don’t need to spend any money. “Before I write a blog, I never really have a place to write down my ideas or show my pictures to people,” says Kate, a student at a college. For many students, the blog becomes a place to look for help with their problems. They look for support for advice from anyone. “It lets me write down any problems. And sometimes, things are easier if you write them out first,” Beda says.
Information about 76
In America, many students use blogs as 77 and places to look for_ 78 or 79 .
They like writing blogs because they’re 80 and 81 .
Mary write about 82 , funny things or questions in her life.
Tom likes 83 pictures on his blog.
Kate never 84 has a place to write down her ideas before she writes a blog.
Bata thinks things are easier 85 you write them out first.
七、缺词填空 (共10空;每空l分,计l0分)
How much do you know about red-crowned cranes? In fact, the feathers on their h 86 are combs(冠). They are the heaviest cranes and one of the largest birds in s 87 in the world. An adult red-crowned crane can weigh up t 88 11 kilograms. They are also good singers because they can sing loudly and beautifully. They are good a 89 flying as well. When spring comes, they fly to warm East Asia(亚洲)to give birth to baby cranes. They like to live t 90 on wetlands in Southwest China and some other places. Water and grasses are i 91 for the birds.They feed on worms and small fish and live in long grasses.
But life is harder these years. People k 92 taking their living areas to make farms and build houses. They don’t have enough space to live, and don’t have e 93 food to feed the babies, either. They are one of the most endangered birds in the world now. People should take a 94 to protect them, o 95 they will disappear on the earth.
六、任务型阅读 (共l0空;每空l分,计l0分)
How do you feel when you have to make a speech(演讲) in front of class? What about when you go to a birthday party? Do you get really shy?
Shyness means feeling nervous or frightened when you’re around other people. Experts have found that more than 80% middle school students feel afraid to be the centre of attention. Some kids are born shy. Some become shy later because of their life experiences.
It’s OK if it takes you a while to feel yourself again when you go to a new place or meet new people. In fact, everybody gets a little shy sometimes. It’s just a case of how much.
Most people have red faces and talk in broken sentences when they get shy. But some become so shy that they won’t go to a restaurant because they are too nervous to order and pay the bill. Some are afraid to meet new people, so they seldom go outside. This kind of shyness can be bad for a person.
If shyness doesn’t stop you from doing anything you want to do, being shy isn’t a very big problem. Some experts say shy people are quieter and cleverer because they think more and talk less. Shy people are also good at working with others because they think more for other people. Some great people in history were shy, too.
You see, being shy isn’t all bad. But remember not to let good chances pass by just because of it! If you have to sing a song at a birthday party or practise your spoken English in front of others, just do it! There’s nothing to be afraid of.
Title: ___76____
● To feel nervous or ___77____
● To be the ___78____ of attention
● To ___79____ born shy
● To have life experiences
___80____ effects
● To have red faces
● To talk in ___81____ sentences
● To be afraid of ___82____ new people
Good effects
● To be quieter and ___83____
● To do ___84____ in working with others
● To take hold of (抓住) good chances
七、缺词填空 (共10空;每空l分,计l0分)
April 2nd, Sunday Fine
Wang Qiang and I went f 86 in the river near our village this morning. We stayed at the bank of it almost the whole day, b 87 we got nothing. The water in it was very d 88 . Maybe fish can’t live there.
A few years ago, the w 89 here was clean and people could see lots of fish in it.
C 90 often swam in it in summer. But after many factories moved here, they gave off many poisonous things i 91 the river. They m 92 the river very dirty. The flowers, the grass and many other living things near the river died. It even made some people sick. The balance (平衡) of n 93 near the river was broken.
We both feel s 94 . We should do s 95 for our river.
Loving the nature is loving ourselves!
六、任务型阅读
76. Develop 77. happy/happier 78.success 79.ways/methods/suggestions 80.hear
81. doing 82.relaxed 83.writing 84.overcome 85believing/ believe
七、缺词填空
86 interesting 87health 88well 89visit 90walking
91hours 92also 93means 94much 95yourself
七、阅读表达 (共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
91. 在环境俱乐部,人们共同努力,使我们的环境干净
92. action(s), clean
93. Three.
94. On a no car day, nobody comes to school in a car.
95. Here are some things students often do.
八、短文填空(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
96. arrived 97. Get 98. Two 99. before 100.train 101.worried 102.tried 103.bad 104. my 105. say
八、任务型阅读(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
A) 81. amazing 82. Chocolate 83. dogs 84. long 85. change/grow 86. fast 87. falling 88. weight 89. without 90. flying
B) 91. foreign 92. both 93. British 94. Almost/And 95. themselves
七、短文填空(本题共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
81. much 82. door 83. asked 84. dinner 85. take
86. back 87. money 88. potatoes 89. rich 90. kind
六.76. shopping 77. shop 78. Supermarkets 79. good 80. cheap
81. Deciding 82. no 83. use 84. little 85. Overall
七.86.lying 87. got 88. close 89. dangerous 90. parked/put
91. same 92. because 93. birdwatchers 94. rain 95. magazines
六、任务型阅读 (共l0空;每空l分,计l0分)
76. blogs 77. diaries 78. advice 79. help 80. easy
81. free 82.activities 83.posting 84. really 85. if
七、缺词填空 (共10空;每空l分,计l0分)