on unaeraircraft on groundd什么意思

AAbout ten years ago when I was an undergraduate in college, I was working as an intern at my University’s Museum of Natural History. One day while working at the cash register in the gift shop, I sa 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
AAbout ten years ago when I was an undergraduate in college, I was working as an intern(实习生) at my University’s Museum of Natural History. One day while working at the cash register in the gift shop, I saw an old couple come in with a little girl
a wheelchair.As I looked closer at this girl, I saw that she was almost
on her chair. I then
she had no arms or legs, just a head, neck and
body. She was wearing a little white dress with red dots. As the couple
her up to me I was looking down at the register. I turned my head toward the girl and gave her a wink(眨眼). As I took the money from her grandparents, I looked back at the girl, who was giving me the cutest, largest smile I have ever seen.All of a sudden her
was gone and all I saw was this beautiful girl, whose smile just
me and almost instantly gave me a completely new
of what life is all about. She took me from a poor, unhappy college student and brought me into her world: a world of
, love and
.That was ten years ago. I’m a successful business person now and
I get down and think about the troubles of the world, I think about that little girl and the remarkable(非凡的)lesson about life that she
me.1.A. in B. on C. up D. over2.A. lain B. remained C. set D. thrown3.A. struck B. hit C. realized D. understood4.A. top B. upper C. bottom D. lower5.A. dragged B. headed C. wheeled D. approached6.A. strength B. advantage C. disability D. happiness7.A. affected B. infected C. melted D. frightened8.A. command B. sense C. understand D. control9.A. smiles B. laughters C. tears D. sweat10.A. sorrow B. excitement C. warmth D. indifference11.A. whenever B. whatever C. however D. whichever12.A.offered B. taught C. gained D. drew
练习册系列答案
科目:高中英语
来源:学年河北枣强中学高一上学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:其他题
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。How to Learn a Foreign LanguageSpend the time!By far the most important factor is how much time you spend in learning the language. The more time you spend with the language, the faster you will learn.____ 1._____Focus on words and phrases!To build up your vocabulary, you’ll need lots._____ 2.____ Learn these words and phrases through your listening and reading. Read online, using online dictionaries, and make your own vocabulary lists for review. Gradually you will be able to use them.________3._________Listen wherever you are on your MP3 player. Read what you are listening to. Listen to and read things that you like, things that you can mostly understand. If you keep listening and reading, you will get used to the language.Take responsibility for your own learning!If you do want to learn the language, take control. Choose content of interest that you want to listen to and read. Seek out the words and phrases that you need to understand in your listening and reading._____ 4.____ Discover the language by yourself. Talk when you feel like it. Write when you feel like it.Relax and enjoy yourself!Do not worry about what you cannot remember, or cannot yet understand, or cannot yet say. It does not matter.____ 5.__ .The language will gradually become clearer in your brain, but this will happen on a schedule that you cannot control. Just make sure you spend enough time with the language.A. Listen and read every day!B. You are learning and improving.C. That is the greatest guarantee of success.D. Do not wait for someone else to show you the language.E. Start to notice words and how they come together as phrases.F. Soon you will run into your new words and phrases elsewhere.G. This means spending time enjoyably connected to the language you are learning.
来源:学年北京市丰台区高三一模考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:单项填空
Although the test________look like a simple one, great care is needed.A.may B.must C.should D.need
来源:学年安徽省江南十校高三期末大联考英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
ATwo workers was rescued 188 hours after they trapped in a coal mine collapse(倒塌)in the south China’s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region The two were among 18 miners trapped after the mine, collapsed midday on July 2 because of days of heavy rain.A total of 71 miners were working underground when the accident occurred on July 2---49 managed to escape. Rescuers have got eight bodies so far.Ye Fangyong, commander of the rescue headquarters, said that the place where the survi- vors were found was at 320 meters underground. It was filled with mud after the collapse, but there was still room for fresh air. He said three more miners trapped at a work platform390 meters underground may survive because the place also have some space for fresh air.Rescuers had believed that four other miners would be found with the rescued two, but the chances of the remaining 12 being found alive are not good due to the conditions in the mine.However, the rescuers have not given up. They are using scientific measures such as a water-proof radar device(裟置)to help find the exact locations of trapped workers. Moreover, rescuers have been offered 2 million yuan for each miner they pull out alive.The two survivors have been identified a) 41-year-old Liu Jiagan and 35-year-old Qin Hongdang. They are in safe condition.Before they were rushed to Heshan People's Hospital for treatment, they told rescuers in weak voices that they survived under the mine by drinking spring water that seeped(渗漏) through the top of the shaft(矿井).1.The local mine coal accident was probably reported on.A.July8 B.Julylo C.July2 D.July32.What caused the coal mine break down?A. Workers abnormal xvc}rkingB. Typhoonn.C. Days of heavy rajpD. Shock of the ca:thquake3.According to the passage,th. e rrmPrs could be alive unaerground if .A. there is some space for fresh airB. they are equippeci with water-proof raciar deviceC. they drink enough waterD. there is enough food4.Which of the following is TRUE accoraing to the passage?A. Scientific measures are used to help rescue the trapped workers.B. Each miners being pulled out alive will be offered 2 miliion yuan.C. Officials offered to give the continuing rescuers higher rankD. Water-proof radar- will be puf down to give light.
来源:学年陕西省高三第七次适应性训练英语试卷(解析版)
题型:完形填空
I sat with my friend in a well-known coffee shop in a neighboring town of Venice. As we our coffee, a man came in and sat at a(n)
table beside us. He called the waiter and placed his
saying, “Two cups of coffee, one of them there on the wall”. We
this order with rather interest and observed that he was
with one cup of coffee but he paid for two. As soon as he left, the waiter
a piece of paper on the wall saying “A Cup of Coffee”.
While we were still there, two other men
and ordered three cups of coffee, two on the table and one on the wall. They had two cups of coffee but
for three and left. This time also, the
he put up a piece of paper on the wall saying, “A cup of coffee.” It seemed that this gesture was a
at this place.
, it was something unique and puzzling for us. Since we had
to do with the matter, we
our coffee, paid the bill and left.
After a few days, we again had a(n)
to go to this coffee shop. While we were enjoying our coffee, a man walked in. The way this man was dressed did not
the standard nor the atmosphere of this coffee shop. Poverty was
from the looks on his face.
he seated himself, he looked at the wall and said, “One cup of coffee from the
.” The waiter served coffee to this man with
and dignity. The man had his coffee and left without paying. We were amazed to watch all this when the waiter
a piece of paper from the wall and threw it into the dustbin. 1.A. enjoyed B. prepared C. practiced D. bought2.A. crowded B. open C. empty D. beautiful3.A. food B. goods C. table D. order4.A. heard B. found C. glared D. watched5.A. satisfied B. served C. treated D. awarded6.A. stuck out B. hid away C. put up D. took out7.A. dashed B. moved C. fled D. entered8.A. paid B. looked C. waited D. asked9.A. customer B. waiter C. stranger D. passenger10.A. demand B. signal C. custom D. duty11.A. Instead B. Therefore C. Moreover D. However12.A. nothing B. something C. anything D. everything13.A. wasted B. finished C. missed D. donated14.A. invitation B. time C. reward D. chance15.A. equal B. change C. match D. reach16.A. obvious B. slight C. serious D. strong17.A. So B. As C. Unless D. Since18.A. window B. floor C. wall D. door19.A. carelessness B. wisdom C. interest D. respect20.A. brought down B. took off C. kept away D. cut off
来源:学年安徽合肥市高三第一次质量检测英语试卷(解析版)
_____ with shame, the boy lowered his head, ready for the punishment from his dad.A. Filled B. FillingC. To fill D. To have filled
来源:学年重庆市高三上学期第二次月考英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
ASince I started working part-time at a grocery store, I have learned that a customer is more than someone who buys things. To me, a customer is a person whose memory fails entirely once he or she starts to push a shopping cart. One of the first things customers forget is how to count. There is no other way to explain how so many people get in their express line, which is clearly marked 15 items(件) or less, with 20, 25 or even a cart load of items.Customers also forget why they came to the store in the first place. Just as I finish ringing up an order, a customer will say, “Oops, I forgot to pick up a fresh loaf of bread. I hope you don’t mind waiting, while I go to get it.”Five minutes later, he’s back with the bread, a bottle of milk, and three rolls of paper towels. What is strange is that customers also seem to forget that they have to pay for their groceries. Instead of writing a check or looking for a credit card while I am ringing up the groceries, a customer will wait until I announce the total. Then, in surprise, she says, “ Oh no, what did I do with my check book?” After 5 minutes of digging through her purse, she borrows my pen because she has forgotten hers. But I have to tolerate customers because they pay my salary, and that’s something I can’t afford to forget.1.What does the author say about his customers?A .They cannot count numbers.B. They sometimes jump the queue.C. They don’t know how to express themselves.D. They behave as if their memories had totally failed.2.According to the text, who are supposed to be in the express line?A .Customers with nothing purchased.B. Customers with not more than 15 items.C. Customers with items between 16 and 25D. customers with 25 or even a cart load of items.3.When customers arrive at the check-out counter, they_______A. find their pens lostB. go back and get more itemsC. cannot wait to pay for their groceries.D. prefer paying by check to paying with a credit card.4.We can infer from the text that ________A. business in the grocery store runs wellB. the author finds his present job full of funC. the author’s part-time job calls for patienceD. customers go to grocery stores without planning.
来源:学年重庆市高三10月月考英语试卷(解析版)
As a role model,I don’t think most people can imagine what it’s like
that closely every minute of the day.A.to be watched B.watchedC.watching D.having watched
来源:学年重庆巴蜀中学高三下学期第二次模拟考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:完形填空
The journey of water on the earth can be a mirror of our own paths through life. Like a river that flows within the boundaries of its banks, we are born with certain characteristics that _
__ our identity. We move through life, _ __ many twists, turns, and barriers along the way just as a river does.Water shows us how to move through the world with grace, bravery, determination, and __ __. Water is brave and does not waste time sticking to its past, but flows onward without looking back. When there is a hole to be filled, water does not run away from it _
_, water modestly and bravely fills the empty space. Similarly, we can face the dark moments of our life rather than run away from them._
_, a river will empty into the sea. Water does not hold back from joining up with a larger body, nor does it fear a loss of _
__ or control. It gracefully and modestly falls into the vastness by contributing its energy without hesitation. Each time we move __ _ our personal characters to become part of something bigger, we can try our best to _
_ the lead of the river.1.A. preserveB. assumeC. decideD. cast2.A. competing B. meeting withC. living withD. playing with3.A. modestyB. happinessC. honestyD. reputation4.A. thereforeB. besidesC. otherwiseD. instead5.A. EventualB. AbsolutelyC. RegularlyD. Actually6.A. lifeB. confidenceC. libertyD. root7.A. onB. intoC. acrossD. beyond8.A. takeB. followC. loseD. hold
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号Offense Struggles in Landmark Loss to Moravian -
Susquehanna
Offense Struggles in Landmark Loss to Moravian
Susquehanna
(7-1, 2-0 Landmark)
(2-5, 0-2 Landmark)
Liz Bill - 8
Jillian Picciuto - 5
Kelley Gavin - 2
Melissa Webber - 6
Team Stats
Susquehanna
Ground Balls
Draw Controls
Free Position Shots
scored three times for the Susquehanna University Women's Lacrosse team but it was one of the few bright spots for the River Hawks as Susquehanna dropped a 21-7 decision to Moravian College Friday afternoon in a Landmark Conference game on Sassafras Field in Selinsgrove.
Moravian (7-1 overall, 2-0 Landmark) scored first but
answered three minutes later for Susquehanna (2-5, 0-2) with a free position goal to knot the score at 1-1.
The Greyhounds then scored 11 of the next 12 goals to take a commanding lead.
scored in the middle of the Moravian run for the River Hawks and DeMaio scored the first of her three goals on the day near the end of the half as the teams went into the intermission with Moravian holding a 15-3 lead.
In the second half,
and DeMaio each scored in the first 10 minutes of the period for Susquehanna and DeMaio added her third of the game at the 10:20 mark but the River Hawks still trailed by a 19-6 score.
Moravian added two more goals late in the period with a majority of its starters on the field before
capped the scoring for the River Hawks with 14 seconds left.
DeMaio led the River Hawks with her three goals.
led the team with three ground balls while
recorded two draw controls each and Chrstine Hoerman forced a pair of turnovers to lead Susquehanna.
The River Hawks are off until April 7 for a Landmark Conference game at home against Catholic.扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
问个英语单词~bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk是什么意思?(真的有这个词哦,不是耍大家,)
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
这个字的意思——这个字是由100个字母组成的.就出现在爱尔兰作家乔埃斯James Joyce,作品Finnegans Wake的扉页,象征,代表亚当和夏娃的堕落.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
这个应该是个专有名词吧
楼上的,"背"字错了啦!我个人认为这肯定是吃饱了撑的!
知道意思也没用,也被不下来:)
扫描下载二维码}

我要回帖

更多关于 on the ground of 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信