Manyfree people usare from outside the us涉及到的语法有哪些?

请英语高手翻译下面的英语短话,这对我很重要!不要用翻译器!_百度知道
请英语高手翻译下面的英语短话,这对我很重要!不要用翻译器!
我有一件事要和你说,在我说之前请你不要生气。我想了一晚上,我觉得我们还是不要见面为好,因为这是个很现实的问题。中国人普遍都含蓄!见面反而不现实了,一切都会和原来变得不一样!如果你来中国旅游,我非常欢迎你!我会告诉你一些名胜古迹,或者好吃好玩的...
我有更好的答案
I have something to tell you, and please have a sit before it. After a whole night thinking, I think it's better for both of us to keep the status quo. Chinese prefer to be euphemistic when make new friends. Face to face is too early for us now, I'm afraid it will change our present feeling. It's so good that I want to hold it for a little longer. Therefore, can we have a wating and just talk on internet, now?Of course, I'll practice my English continuously with your help. China is a amazing place and be worth for you to have a visit here. Welcome warmly to be here! Then I must be your guide to show you the place of historical interest and scenic beauty, also,
the delicious food and nosh. Chinese has an old saying: As decreed by provide otherwise you might have failed although you traveled a long way.
If we have the wish we will meet one day.后面的大意如文,没有逐字翻译。恕我直言,您的汉语直译过去会把外国人看糊涂的,他很难明白你到底是什么意思。所以我代你拒绝了他的面见,但保持客气和友好。 楼上的翻译很诡异,有些词用的很不恰当,建议您自己用字典查一查,别搞误会了。
采纳率:35%
I have one thing to say to you, please don't be angry with me before I say it. I think for a night, I think we still do not meet as well, because this is a very real problem. Chinese people are generally implicit! Instead of reality, everything will be different from the original! If you come to China, I would like to welcome you! I will tell you some places of interest, or delicious fun place, let you spend a happy trip to china! If you are to teach me English, just chatting on the Internet can also learn English well, as long as I want to learn is not possible right! There is, you come to China, I'm not said English you do not speak Chinese, we will be very difficult to communicate. This will pull away from our friends. If this is not as good as in the Internet, I use the translation software and chat with you! Empathy, if you were me, would you like me to do it?! I think you will, thank you for your warm China, there's an old saying: &a little place, missed the opposite is not met&. If we had the chance to meet, it's just a matter of time!
I have some words to say with you,please do not be angry,one night thinking,I
think to meet
better,there is a actual problem that most of chinese are euphemistic,meeting is so unreality,I am afraid everything wil be changed,I do not like it.if you come to china for traveling,you will be warmly welcome,I will introduce some interesting places,I think it will be a in other words,if you come to china just for teaching me english,I think we can chat on network for my learning english,it is not impossible to learn engliwe will be hard to communicate with each other,because you can not speak chinese, I can not speak enlish well,I prefer to chat on the internet,perspective-taking,if you are me ,what will you do,I think you will be the same to me,thanks a lot for your enthusiasm,there is a word in china that As decreed by provide otherwise you might have failed although youif we have the fate,we will meet at sometime,time is the only question 口语聊天不能像官方或商务英语那样正式和礼节性,否则会容易增加彼此间的陌生感;口语聊天翻译讲究随意和简洁;与外国朋友见面,我觉得没什么不可以啊!就当朋友相处,朋友是用心相处,不是用语言;彼此一颗真诚的心,语言是可以学的;就可以成为朋友!
I have one thing to say to you, before I say please do not get angry. I think it for one night that we had better not meet because this is a very real problem. Chinese people are generally subtle! it will be unrealisticwhile we meet and everything will become not the same asbefore. If you come to China to travel, I welcome you! I will introduce you some places of interest, or delicious food and funny places, so that you will have a happy trip to China! If you are teaching me English in China, i think i can learn english well when we talk on line as long as I want to learn nothing is impossible for it! by the way, if you come to China, I can not speak English and you can not speak Chinese, we would be very difficult to communicate. So it will pull away the friendship between us. it will be better for me to chat with u on line with
translation software! if you are on my position,you would do the same thing like what i am doing now? ! I think you will, thank you for your enthusiasm, there is a old saying in China &if we a fated to meet ,we will meet no matter how far it is and if we are not fated to meet we will miss each other even you walk beside me.If we will surely destined to meet, we will meet one dau it is just a matter of time!人工翻译
也不知道你翻译的对不对啊!语法时态你确定都正确吗,这真的很重要
I have one thing to say to you, before I say please do not get angry. I think one night, I think we still do not meet as well, because this is a very real problem. Chinese people generally subtle! Met but unrealistic, and everything will become not the same as the original! If you come to China to travel, I welcome you! I will tell you some places of interest, or delicious fun place, so you spend a happy trip to China! If you are teaching me English in China, can talk to us online to learn English, as long as I want to learn nothing is impossible for it! There is, you come to China, I can not speak English you do not speak Chinese, we would be very difficult to communicate. So it will pull away the friendship between us. If so I might as well use translation software on the Internet and chat with you strong! Empathy, if you're me, you, you would like me to do it? ! I think you will, thank you for your enthusiasm, the Chinese have a saying: &a little place, missed the opposite may not meet.& If we will surely destined to meet, just a matter of time! Thank you, master their English translation, please help me next! This is my new number, no points of the previous number! Now I only have 20 points, I know it does not sub-translated essay, but I have tried!
一看你就是再用翻译软件,对吧!
你以为我打这些汉字不累吗?!
你废尼奥,你打英语我打汉字!reserved.
impossible
.everything
communicate
,everything
那你现在为啥不能用翻译器啊
因为没有正确答案
14条折叠回答
其他16条回答
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
翻译器的相关知识
换一换
回答问题,赢新手礼包
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。& “In today’s world, En...”习题详情
0位同学学习过此题,做题成功率0%
In today’s world, English is the most wildly used language. It is our duty to learn English in the new situation of the reform and opening (改革开放) to the outside world. How can we master the English language ? I’d like to give you some good advice. First, get interested in it. I enjoy listening to foreign friends talking when I was a child. At the same time I watched the English programme Follow Me on TV. From then on, I kept on learning English. The more I learned, the more progress I made. Second, practice makes perfect. Many people study English very hard, but they are very shy to speak it in public, for they are afraid of making mistakes. Remember you have to make a mistake before you can correct it. A native English speaker makes mistakes sometimes, too. Third, the beginners should be encouraged to pay attention to idioms. The English language has many idioms. For example, you should say “ He is as strong as a cow.” 1.The writer wants to tell us&.&
A.the importance of learning English
B.the new situation of the reform and opening to the outside world
C.some good ideas on how to master English
D.the wide use of the English language
2.If we want to learn English, we must first &.
A.show interest in it
B.enjoy listening to it
C.watch English programmes on TV
D.practice speaking it
3.When we are learning English, &.
A.remember the mistakes and correct them
B.try not to make any mistakes
C.avoid mistakes before making them
be afraid of making mistakes
4.The underlined sentence in Paragraph 3 means “ &.”
A.Remember to make a mistake before you can correct it
B.You are sure to make a mistake before you can correct it
C.Remember you have to make a mistake and then correct it
D.You’ll
make a mistake after you can correct it
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2015-福建省高一第一次月考英语试卷
分析与解答
习题“In today’s world, English is the most wildly used language. It is our duty to learn English in the new si...”的分析与解答如下所示:
:文章讲述的是学好英语的几个建议。1.C 细节题。根据第一段最后一句I’d like to give you some good advice.可知文章是关于如何学英语的建议。故C正确。2.A 细节题。根据第二段第一行get interested in it.说明要想学好英语,兴趣是最重要的。故A正确。3.D 推理题。根据第三段内容。尤其是划线部分Remember you have to make a mistake before you can correct it.说明要想学好英语,不要怕犯错。故D正确。4.B 猜测词义题。Remember you have to make a mistake before you can correct it.指我们要想纠正错误,首先得犯了错误。故B正确。
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
In today’s world, English is the most wildly used language. It is our duty to learn English in the n...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
“In today’s world, En...”的最新评论
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“In today’s world, English is the most wildly used language. It is our duty to learn English in the new situation of the reform and opening (改革开放) to the outside world. How can we master the English language ? I’d like to give you some good advice. First, get interested in it. I enjoy listening to foreign friends talking when I was a child. At the same time I watched the English programme Follow Me on TV. From then on, I kept on learning English. The more I learned, the more progress I made. Second, practice makes perfect. Many people study English very hard, but they are very shy to speak it in public, for they are afraid of making mistakes. Remember you have to make a mistake before you can correct it. A native English speaker makes mistakes sometimes, too. Third, the beginners should be encouraged to pay attention to idioms. The English language has many idioms. For example, you should say “ He is as strong as a cow.” 1.The writer wants to tell us____.
2.If we want to learn English, we must first____.
A.show interest in it
B.enjoy listening to it
D.practice speaking it
3.When we are learning English,____.
4.The underlined sentence in Paragraph 3 means “____.”
D.You’ll
”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“In today’s world, English is the most wildly used language. It is our duty to learn English in the new situation of the reform and opening (改革开放) to the outside world. How can we master the English language ? I’d like to give you some good advice. First, get interested in it. I enjoy listening to foreign friends talking when I was a child. At the same time I watched the English programme Follow Me on TV. From then on, I kept on learning English. The more I learned, the more progress I made. Second, practice makes perfect. Many people study English very hard, but they are very shy to speak it in public, for they are afraid of making mistakes. Remember you have to make a mistake before you can correct it. A native English speaker makes mistakes sometimes, too. Third, the beginners should be encouraged to pay attention to idioms. The English language has many idioms. For example, you should say “ He is as strong as a cow.” 1.The writer wants to tell us____.
2.If we want to learn English, we must first____.
A.show interest in it
B.enjoy listening to it
D.practice speaking it
3.When we are learning English,____.
4.The underlined sentence in Paragraph 3 means “____.”
D.You’ll
”相似的习题。当前位置:
试题内容Directions: Read the following text from which 10 words have been removed. Choose from the words A—O the most suitable one to fill each numbered gap in the text (46 -55). There are FIVE extra words that you do not need to use. Mark your answers on your ANSWER SHEET.&& The method for making beer has changed over time. Hops (啤酒花), for example, which give many a modern beer its bitter flavor, are a-&1&recent addition to the beverage. This was mentioned in reference to brewing in the ninth century. Now, researchers have found a---&2&ingredient in residue (残留物) from 5000-year-old beer brewing equipment. While excavating two pits at a site in the central plains of China, scientists discovered fragments from pots and ve__ . The different shapes of the containers&3&they were used to brew, filter, and store beer. They --may be ancient “beer-making tools,” and the earliest&4&evidence of beer brewing in China, the researchers reported in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. To&5&that hypothesis, the team examined the yellowish, dried&6 &inside the vessels. The majority of the grains, about 80%, were from cereal crops like barley (大麦), and about 10% were bits of roots,&7&lily, would have made the beer sweeter, the scientists say. Barley was an unexpected find: the crop was domesticated in Western Eurasia and didn’t become a&8&food in central China until about 2000 years ago, according to the researchers. Based on that timing, they indicate barley may have&9&in the region not as food, but as&10&material for beer brewing.A) ArrivedB) ConsumingC) DirectD) ExclusivelyE) IncludingF) InformG) RawH) ReachedI) RelativelyJ) RemainsK) ResourcesL) StapleM) SuggestN) SurprisingO) Test1.[选词填空]___解题思路:由空格前的earliest和空格后的evidence,可以判定空格处缺形容词,根据语义,选C,direct。2.[选词填空]___解题思路: 由空格前的a和空格后的food,可以判定空格处缺形容词,根据语义,选L,staple3.[选词填空]___解题思路:由空格前的dried可以判定空格处缺名词,根据语义,选J,remains(剩余物/沉淀物)4.[选词填空]___解题思路:由空格前的to和空格后的that,可以判定空格处缺动词原形,根据空格后的的hypnosis,选O,test,意为“为了验证这个假设”5.[选词填空]___解题思路:由空格前的a和空格后的recent,可以判定空格处缺副词,所以在D和I里面选择,根据语义,应该选I,relatively。6.[选词填空]___解题思路:由空格前的about 10% were bits of roots,以及空格后的lily,可以判定选E,including7.[选词填空]___解题思路: 由空着前的container和空格后的they,可以判定空格处缺谓语动词,根据语义,选M,suggest。8.[选词填空]___解题思路:由空格后的ingredient,可以判定空格前缺形容词,根据语义,选N,surprising。9.[选词填空]___解题思路:由空格前的may have和空格后的in the region可以判定空格处缺Ved,根据语义,选A,arrived10.[选词填空]___解题思路:由空格前的but as和空格后的material可以判定选项词为形容词,根据意义,选G,raw。参考答案:C,L,J,O,I,E,M,N,A,G
相关试题库试题
公共英语三级试题库 第1题:& & A child who has once been pleased with a tale likes, as rule, to have it retold in identically the same words, but this should not lead parents to treat printed fairy stories as sacred texts. It is always much better to tell a story than read it out of a book, and, if a parent can produce what, in the actual circumstances of the time and the individual child, is an improvement on the printed text, so much the better.
  A charge made against fairy tales is that they harm the child by frightening him or arousing his sadistic impulses. To prove the latter, one would have to show in a controlled experiment that children who have read fairy stories were more often guilty of cruelty than those who had not. Aggressive, destructive, sadistic impulses every child has and, on the whole, their symbolic verbal discharge seems to be rather a safety valve than an incitement to overt action. As to fears, there are, I think, well-authenticated cases of children being dangerously terrified by some fairy stories. Often, however, this arises from the child having heard the story once. Familiarity with the story by repetition turns the pain of fear into the pleasure of a fear faced and mastered.
  There are also people who object to fairy stories on the grounds that they are not objectively true, that giants, witches, two-headed dragons, magic carpets, etc., and that, instead of indulging his fantasies in fairy tales, the child should be taught how to adapt to reality by studying history and mechanics. I find such people, I must confess, so unsympathetic and peculiar that I do not know how to argue with them. If their case were sound, the world should be full of madmen attempting to fly from New York to Philadelphia on a broomstick or covering a telephone with kisses in the belief that it was their enchanted girl friend.
  No fairy story ever claimed to be a description of the external world and no sane child had ever believed that it was.
答案解析与讨论:
公共英语三级试题库 第2题:Kids with special needs refer to any kid who might need extra help because of a medical, emotional, or learning problem. For example, kids who cannot walk need wheelchairs. They not only need equipment that helps them get around, but they might need to have ramps (坡道) or elevators' available. &31 &  Kids with an illness would have special needs, too.& 32 &Kids with sight problems might need Braille books to read. Kids with hearing problems might need hearing aids.   &33& It might be harder to do normal things, like learning to read or just getting around the school. The good news is that parents, doctors, nurses, teachers, and others can help. The goal is to help kids be as independent as possible.  Other kids can also be a big help. How? By being a friend. Kids who use a wheelchair or have lots of health problems want friends just as you do. But meeting people and making friends can be difficult.& 34& Be sure to tell a teacher if you see someone being bullied (欺辱) or teased.  & 35& Being friendly to kids with special needs is one of the best ways to be helpful. As you get to know them, they may help you understand what it' s like to be in their shoes. And you' 11 be helping fill a very special need, one that everybody has--the need for good friends.  A. Some kids might laugh at or make fun of them.  B. It is good mallners to offer help to kids with special needs.  C. Life can be challenging for a kid with special needs.  D. They also might need to get a special bus to school.  E. They might need medicine or other help as they go about their daily activities.  F. Also, try to be helpful if you know someone with special needs.  G. Someone could have trouble with anxiety, but you wouldn't know it unless toldabout it.
答案解析与讨论:
公共英语三级试题库 第3题:& Rodney Mace, 35, is married with two young children, and is a part-time teacher of architectural history, “I am constantly surprised by other people’s surprise, when they come to the house and see me cleaning a floor or hanging out the washing. Their eyes open wide at the sight of it! Much of the comment comes from men. But I am even more surprised at the number of women who comment too.”
  His wife Jane, an Oxford graduate in modern languages, has a demanding full-time job. She is director of the Cambridge House literacy scheme for adults in South London. Her working week involves several evenings and Saturdays, and at these times her husband is in sole charge of home and family. Apart from this, they share household jobs and employ a child-minder for the afternoons. This enables him to teach two days a week and to do what he considers his principal work: writing. He has written several books and spends much of his time in British Museum Reading Room, cycling there from his home in Brixton.
  People ask the Maces if they think their children miss them. One can argue that satisfied parents generally have satisfied children, but in any case the Maces are careful to reserve time and energy to play with their children. “And they have now developed relationships with other adults and children.”
  Previously, Rodney Mace worked full-time and Jane only part-time. Then 18 months ago, the director of the literacy scheme left. “It seems to me that Jane was very well suited to do this job. She was very doubtful about it. But I urged her to apply. She did and she got it.” Jane Mace confirms that she needed this encouragement, as so many women initially do,
  Did his male ego(自我,自己)suffer from the change-over? Nothing like that occurred. But he still seems amazed at the way it changed his thinking. “I felt that we were finally going to be partners. I felt enormous relief, I wasn’t avoiding responsibility, but changing it. Our relationship is so much better now. It has been a change for the good for both of us – in every aspect, I think it is fundamental that the woman works. The idea of equal partnership is an illusion if one partner doesn’t work.”
答案解析与讨论:
更多试题库
As is known to all, the organization and management of wages and salaries are very complex. Generally speaking, the Accounts Department is __1__ for calculations of pay, while the Personnel Department is interested in discussions with the employees about pay.&  If a firm wants to __2__ a new wage and salary structure, it is essential that the firm should decide on a __3__ of job evaluation and ways of measuring the performance of its employees. In order to be __4__, that new pay structure will need agreement between Trade Unions and employers. In job evaluation, all of the requirements of each job are defined in a detailed job description. Each of thsoe requirements is given a value, usually in &points&, which are __5__ together to give a total value for the job. For middle and higher management, a special method is used to evaluate managers on their knowledge of the job, their responsibility, and their __6__ to solve problems. Because of the difficulty in measuring management work, however, job grades for managers are often decided without __7__ to an evaluation system based on points.&  In attempting to design a pay system, the Personnel Department should __8__ the value of each job with these in the job market. __9__, payment for a job should vary with any differences in the way that the job is performed. Where it is simple to measure the work done, as in the works done with hands, monetary encouragement schemes are often chosen, for __10__ workers, where measurement is difficult, methods of additional payments are employed.&A. compare  &&&&B. responsible  &C. useful  &&&&&D. added  &&&&E. findF. reference  &&&&G. indirect  &&&&H. method  &&&&I. successful &&&J. combined  K. Necessarily  &&L. capacity  &&&&M. ability &&&  N. Basically  &O. adopt&
As far as coping with stress is concerned, it’s important to run not on the fast track, but on your own track .And also keep in mind the following points:
We all talk to ourselves, and many of our self-talks are needlessly negative .Discipline yourself not to overreact emotionally .Why despair when sadness is sufficient? Why be enraged when simple irritation will get your message across?
All you need is a quiet room .Get comfortable .Then close your eyes, breathe rhythmically (preferably from your abdomen), and blot out distractions for 10 to 15 minutes .Do this twice a day.
Part Three
The best way to avoid burnout is to allow yourself proper leisure to renew your commitment to work and recharge your batteries .If you’re a workaholic, you owe it to yourself to take time off or else you damage your chances of keeping on top of a tough job over the long haul.
Maintain normal weight .Limit fat to no more than 30 perc substitute cereals and bread moderate salt intake .Also, remember to eat a real breakfast.
One definition of stres the need to acquire control through artificial means accounts for the popularity of nicotine, alcohol, caffeine and drugs .My advice :
Smoking—Don’t! Stopping is the single best thing you can do for your health.
Drinking—Only in moderation .No more than two drinks a day— preferably wine or beer with meals.
Coffee—Too much can make you jittery, irritable, prone to headaches.
Drugs—Only if prescribed. Chemicals make feel you’ but you’re not .Real control takes effort, not escape.
Furthermore, try to exercise at least three times a week for 20 minutes at 75 percent of your maximum predicted heart rate. To determine that rate, subtract your age from 225 (if you’re 40, for example, the rate is 185; 75 percent of that, 139, would be age 40’s exercise rate ) .Make sure your doctor approves and start gradually.
Now match each part (1— 5) to the appropriate statement. Note: there are two extra statements.
Statements
1. Part One
2. Part Two
3. Part Three
4. Part Four
5. Part FiveA. Avoid chemical haze.B. Improve you “self-talks”.
C. Develop good dietary habit.
D. Give yourself proper leisure when needed.
E. Stay slim.
F. Take more exercise. &
G. Learn how to relax.
& & In what now seems like the prehistoric times of computer history, the early postwar era, there was a quite widespread concern that computers would take over the world from man one day. Already today, less than forty years later, as computers are relieving us of more and more of the routine tasks in business and in our personal lives, we are faced with a less dramatic but also less foreseen problem. People tend to be over-trusting of computers and are reluctant to challenge their authority. Indeed, they behave as if they were hardly aware that wrong buttons may be pushed, or that a computer may simply malfunction.
  Obviously, there would be no point in investing in a computer if you had to check all its answers, but people should also rely on their own internal computers and check the machine when they have the feeling that something has gone awry. Questioning and routine double checks must continue to be as much a part of good business as they were in pre-computer days. Maybe each computer should come with the following warning: for all the help this computer may provide, it should not be seen as a substitute for fundamental thinking and reasoning skills.
& & &The greenhouse effect causes trouble by raising the temperature of the planet.The&&1&rise is not very much,but the Earth’s ecosystem is very weak,and small changes can have large effects.  It has been believed that this&2&of one degree will happen by the year 2025. This could probably&&3&the North American corn belt, which produces much of the world’s grain,&4&to much higher food prices,and even less food for the Third World than they already have. However,it would also mean that some countries which are further north would be able to&&5&crops they had never been able to before,although there is less land as you move north from the corn belt.  The other serious worry is that rising sea levels from the melting of the polar ice could&&6&flood many countries. A rise in sea levels of one meter,which many expels are&&7&by the year 2100 (and some as soon as 2030),would flood 15 percent of Egypt,and 12 percent of Bangladesh. The Maldives in the Indian Ocean would almost&&8&disappear. Most of the countries which would suffer most from a rise in sea levels are the poor&&9&&states,so the islands in the Caribbean,South Pacific,Meditertgiiean and Indian Ocean have formed the Alliance of Small Island States,AOSIS,so they have a&&10&voice in international politics and can make the richer developed world listen to their problems.[A] severely      [B] damage     [C] island[D] critical     [E] grow       [F] mainland[G] louder       [H] predicting    [I] rise[J] completely     [K] geometry     [L] actual[M] extending     [N] 1eading     [O] develop
& & About ten men in every hundred suffer from colour b women are luckier only about one in two hundred is affected in this manner. There are different forms of colour blindness. A man may not be able to see deep red.
  He may think that red, orange and yellow are all shades of green. Sometimes a person cannot tell the difference between blue and green. In rare cases an unlucky man may see everything in shades of green—a strange world indeed.
  In certain occupations colour blindness can be dangerous and candidates are tested most carefully. For example, when fighting at night, soldiers use lights of flares to signal to each other. A green light may mean “Advance” and a red light may mean “Danger! Keep back!”, You can see what will happen if somebody thinks that red is green! Colour blindness in human beings is a strange thing to explain. In a single eye there are millions of very small things called “cones”, These help to see in a bright light and to tell the difference between colours. There are also millions of “rods” but these are used for seeing when it is nearly dark. They show us shape but not colour. Wait until it is dark tonight, then go outside. Look round you and try to see what colors you can recognize.
  Birds and animals which hunt at night have eyes which contain few or no cones at all, so they cannot see colours. As far as we know, bats and adult owls cannot see colours at all only light and dark shapes. Similarly cats and dogs cannot see colours as well as we can.
  Insects can see ultra?violet rays which are invisible to us, and some of them can even see X?rays. The wings of a moth may seem grey and dull to us, but to insects they may appear beautiful, showing colours which we cannot see. Scientists know that there are other colours around us which insects can see but which we cannot see. Some insects have favorite colours. Mosquitoes like blue, but do not like yellow. A red light will not attract insects but a blue lamp will.
& & Interact use appears to cause a drop in psychological health, according to research at Carnegie Mellon University.
  Even people who spent just a few hours a week on the Internet experienced more bad feelings and loneliness than those who was online less frequently, the two-year study showed. Researchers are puzzling over the results, which were completely contrary to their expectations. They expected that the Net would prove socially healthier than television, since the Net allows users to choose their information and to communicate with others.
  The fact that Internet use reduces time available for family and friends may account for the drop in psychological health, researchers hypothesized (推测). Faceless, bodiless“virtual”(虚的) communication may be less psychologically satisfying than actual conversation, and the relationships formed through it may be shallower. Another possibility is that exposure to the wider world through the Net makes users less satisfied with their lives.
  “But it' s important to remember this is not about the technology, it' s about how it is used,”says psychologist Christine Riley of Intel, one of the study' s sponsors (发起人). &It really points to the need for considering social factors in terms of how you design applications and services for technology. &
Directions: Read the following text from which 10 words have been removed. Choose from the words A—O the most suitable one to fill each numbered gap in the text (46 -55). There are FIVE extra words that you do not need to use. Mark your answers on your ANSWER SHEET.&& The method for making beer has changed over time. Hops (啤酒花), for example, which give many a modern beer its bitter flavor, are a-&1&recent addition to the beverage. This was mentioned in reference to brewing in the ninth century. Now, researchers have found a---&2&ingredient in residue (残留物) from 5000-year-old beer brewing equipment. While excavating two pits at a site in the central plains of China, scientists discovered fragments from pots and ve__ . The different shapes of the containers&3&they were used to brew, filter, and store beer. They --may be ancient “beer-making tools,” and the earliest&4&evidence of beer brewing in China, the researchers reported in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. To&5&that hypothesis, the team examined the yellowish, dried&6 &inside the vessels. The majority of the grains, about 80%, were from cereal crops like barley (大麦), and about 10% were bits of roots,&7&lily, would have made the beer sweeter, the scientists say. Barley was an unexpected find: the crop was domesticated in Western Eurasia and didn’t become a&8&food in central China until about 2000 years ago, according to the researchers. Based on that timing, they indicate barley may have&9&in the region not as food, but as&10&material for beer brewing.A) ArrivedB) ConsumingC) DirectD) ExclusivelyE) IncludingF) InformG) RawH) ReachedI) RelativelyJ) RemainsK) ResourcesL) StapleM) SuggestN) SurprisingO) Test
& & We’ve already pushed the world oceans close to -and in some cases, past-their natural limits, according to a recently released report on the state of our oceans by the World Watch Institute.
  The increasing number of citizen groups, business and governments taking an active interest in slowing down the destruction and pollution of the ocean is encouraging, says senior researcher and author Anne platt Mcginn, citing a host of efforts already under way: 1. Unilever, which controls 20 percent of the whitefish market in Europe and US, has agreed to buy only fish caught and produced in an environmentally sustainable manner. 2. Volunteers in the philippines, Thailand, India, and Ecuador are replanting mangrove areas to repair earlier damage from shrimp farming. 3. In northern Sulawesia, citizens have cleared coral reefs of harmful invasive species. 4. The United States and Canada have each banned oil drilling on large portions of their continental shelves.
  0n the downside, Safeguarding the Health of oceans says that seven out of ten commercial fish species are fully or overexploited and even worse, many of their spawning grounds have been cleared to make room for shrimp ponds, golf courses and beach resorts. Habitat degradation, resulting from development, agricultural run off, sewage pollution and destructive fishing practices has led to a tripling in the number of poisonous algal species identified by scientists, increasing fish kills, beach closures, and economic losses.
  The impact on the economy is significant. people obtain an average of 16 percent of their animal protein from fish, and people in developing countries are extremely dependent on reef fisheries for both food and income. Tourism accounts for a large piece of coastlines and medicines are being found in reef ecosystems every day. Even toothpaste and ice cream depend on the gel-forming properties of brown algae.
  The problems facing the oceans are legion: the marine conversation community is fragmented, bans on destructive activities are routinely ignored, too many regulatory organizations have a development-first mindset and enforcement and oversight are ineffective, if not altogether lacking. oceans need to be protected locally, nationally, and internationally, according to McGinn. Right now, the United Nations General Assembly spends just one day a year covering issues that affect more than half of the planet. The report suggests that a tax of one tenth of one percent on industrial and recreational ocean activities would generate $500 million a year, more than five times and the annual budgets the International Maritime organization and the Fisheries Department of the UN Food and Agriculture organization.
  However, the most productive areas of the ocean are under national jurisdiction and 80 percent of oceanic pollution originates on land. This means that addressing global marine issues requires strong national and local policies. problems remain far from resolved.
Sugar cane was once a wild grass that grew in New Guinea and was used by local people for&roofing their houses and fencing their gardens. Gradually a different variety evolved which contained sucrose (蔗糖)and was chewed on for its sweet taste. Over time, sugar cane became a&highly valuable commercial plant, grown throughout the world.(1)&Sugar became a vital ingredient in all kinds of things, from confectionery (糖果点心) to medicine, and, as the demand for sugar grew, the industry became larger and-more profitable..( 2)Many crops withered (枯萎)and died, despite growers, attempts to save them, and there were&fears that the health of the plant would continue to deteriorate.&In the 1960s, scientists working in Barbados looked for ways to make the commercial species&stronger and more able to resist disease. They experimented with breeding programmers, mixing&genes from the wild species of sugar cane, which tends to be tougher, with genes from the more&delicate, commercial type.( 3)This sugar cane is not yet ready to be sold commercially,&but when this happens, it is expected to be incredibly profitable for the industry.&( 4)&Brazil, which produces one quarter of the world's sugar, has coordinated an international project under Professor Paulo Arrudo of the Universidade Estaudual de Campinas in Sao&Paulo. Teams of experts have worked with him to discover more about which parts of the genetic&structure of the plant are important for the production of sugar and its overall health.&Despite all the research, however, we still do not fully understand how the genes function in&sugar cane.( 5)This gene is particularly exciting because it makes the plant resistant to rust,&a disease which probably originated in India, but is now capable of infecting sugar cane across the&world. Scientists believe they will eventually be able to grow a plant which cannot be destroyed by&rust.&A. Unfortunately, however, the plant started to become weaker and more prone to disease.&B.&Sugar cane was now much vigorous and the supply of sugar is therefore more guaranteed.&C. One major gene has been identified by Dr Angelique D'Hont and her team in Montpelier, France.&D. The majority of the world's sugar now comes from this particular commercial species.&E. Since the 1960s, scientists have been analysing the mysteries of the sugar cane's genetic&code.&F. The sugar cane's genetic code has been found by a farmer in 1950.&G. Eventually, a commercial plant was developed which was 5 percent sweeter than before,&but also much stronger and less likely to die from disease.&
& & &With the world' s population estimated to grow from six to nine billion by 2050, researchers,businesses and governments are already dealing with the impact, this increase will have on every-thing from food and water to infrastructure (基础设施)and jobs. Underling all this&1&will be the demand for energy, which is expected to double over the next 40 years.
  Finding the resources to meet this demand in a&2&, sustainable way is the cornerstone (基石 ) of our nation' s energy security, and will be one of the major&3&of the 21st century. Alternative forms of energy-bio-fuels, wind and solar, to name a few--are&4&being funded and developed, and will play a growing&5&in the world' s energy supply. But experts say that even when&6&, alternative energy sources will likely meet only about 30% of the world' s energy needs by 2049.
  For example, even with&7&investments, such as the $ 93 million for wind energy development&8&in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, important alternative energy sources such as wind and bio fuels&9&only about 1% of the market today.
  Energy and sustainability experts say the answer to our future energy needs will likely come from a lot of&10&--both traditional and alternative.
  A. stable
  B. solutions
  C. significant
  D. role
  E. progress
  F. marvelous
  G. included
  H. growth
  I .exactly
  J .consist
  K. comprise
  L. competitions
  M. combined
  N. challenges
  O. certainly
& & Every human being, no matter what he is doing, gives off body heat. The usual problem is how to dispose of it. But the designers of the Johnstown campus of the University of Pittsburgh set themselves the opposite problem-how to collect body heat. They have designed a collection system which utilizes not only body heat, but the heat given off by such objects as light bubs and refrigerators as well. The system works so well that no conventional fuel is needed to make the campus's six buildings comfortable.
  Some parts of most modern buildings-theaters and offices as well as classrooms are more than amply heated by people and lights and sometimes must be air-conditioned even in winter. The technique of saving heat and redistributing it is called &heat recovery.& A few modern buildings recover heat, but the University's system is the first to recover heat from some buildings and re-use it in others.
  Along the way, pit has learned a great deal about some of its heat producers. The harder a student studies, the more heat his body gives off. (76) Male students emit more heat than female students, and the larger a student, the more heat he produces. It is tempting to conclude that the hottest prospect for the Johnstown campus would be a hardworking, overweight male genius.
Mr Mike Smith:It wasn’t an easy decision, but we’ve been asking for a decent wage for years. Now at last people are beginning to listen to us. We’re only asking for a 25 percent increase in our wages. 250 dollars a week. That’s all. It’s pity so many people have to be inconvenienced by our strike. But please don’t blame us. Blame the government for refusing our claim.Mr Tom Brown:It’s totally unreasonable to demand so much money when we are trying desperately to control inflation. If wages go up, so do prices. If we gave in to the electricity workers, all the other unions would want more, with the inevitable result that the crisis would become uncontrollable. What we’re trying to impress upon everybody is that inflation hurts everybody, especially the poor people. We offer the electricity workers a 10 percent increase. And that’s already too much. My stand at this meeting will be to persuade the Union to see reason.Mr Bob Davis:Everybody will be hurt by this strike, including the electricity workers themselves. The economy will be destroyed and many people will lose their jobs. Already people are saying that the big unions have too much power and shouldn’t be allowed to strike. Of course the electricity want to get more money. Don’t we allMr Baker:My opinion is &Get the Army in&. All the power stations should be managed by the army. The strikers should be thrown into prison. That’s what this country needs. Why must we all suffer just because a few men are greedy If they don’t like their jobs, nobody’s forcing them to work. They should try and live on 50 dollars a week like I have to. Perhaps they’d keep their mouths shut then.Miss Slater:Let’s face it. It’s neither here nor there. The electricity workers are in a strong position. Perhaps we can’t do anything about it. What I say is: let them have their 250 dollars so we can return to work. I mean, the government wastes the taxpayers’ money all the time on trivial things. How can anyone say 250 dollars is &too much& Pop singers get more. Nurses get less. It’s just one of those things.
Now match each of the persons (36 -40)to the appropriate statement.
  Note: there are two extra statements.
  Statements
  36. Mr. Mike Smith
  37. Mr. Tom Brown
  38. Mr. Bob Davis
  39. Mrs. Baker
  40. Miss Slater
A. A 10% increase is already too much, and I' m here to persuade the Union to see reason.
B. I hope that strikes should be banned in all sectors relaring to the nation'
C. We will never go back to work until our goals are achieved.
D. I think that the government should give in to the electricity worker's demands.
E. I strongly suggest that all the power stations should be run by the army and that the strikers should be put into prison.
F. I must make you clear that strikes will destroy the economy and that many people will lose their jobs.
G. We are forced to call a strike because the government rejected our wage claim.
MarrieI first gained weight when I was pregnant and I couldn’t lose them afterwards .Then I joined a slimming club .My target was 10 stones and I lost 2 stones and 21bs in six months .I felt great and people kept saying how good I looked .But Christmas came and I started to slip back into my old eating habits .I told myself I d lose the weight at slimming classes in the new year, but it didn’t happen .Instead of losing the pounds, I put them on .I d lost the willpower and tried to convince myself that the odd bag of crisps didn’t make any difference—but the scales don t lie.RebeecaTo be honest, I never weigh myself any more—I’ve learned to be happy with myself .It seemed ridiculous to feel guilty about every morsel that passed my lips. My philosophy is simple: You shouldn’t be preoccupied with food and dieting .Instead, you should get on with life and stop dreaming about a super-thin body .This is obviously the size I’m meant to be and, most of all, I’m happy with it .LindaI was very happy after winning Young Slimmer of the year .I’d look in the mirror unable to believe this slim creature was me .That might have been my problem—perhaps I didn’t relate to my reflection any more .Winning a national competition makes everything worse, though, because you feel the eyes of the world are on you .I feel a failure because I’ve put on weight again … I find it humiliating and embarrassing.SusanBefore moving in with my husband Gavin, I d always been about 8 stone, but domestic bliss went straight to my waist and I put on 2 stone in a year .Every so often I try to go on a diet …I’m really good for a few days, then end up eating the children s leftovers or gorging on chocolate—my weakness .I’d like to be slim, but right now my priorities are the children and home .I may be more motivated when the kids are older.TatalyI’m a compulsive eater .I can’t control my urges and I really love cakes .When I’m slim and I feel like a million dollars—and when I’m not I get very depressed .Over the years I d tried and failed with just about every diet .I was determined I d never put the weight back on, but at some stage along the line I lost my resolution, and it started to creep on again…Certainly I will face the same problem in the future.&1. Marrie2. Rebeeca3. Linda4. Susan5. Tataly&StatementsA. I am always satisfied with my figure.B. The heavier, the merrier.C. I failed to lose weight in the new year.D. I put on weight after I got married.E. I’m constantly strive to keep slim.F. Fame doesn’t necessarily mean success.G. I think I’ll always be slim.
& & The dog, called Prince, was an intelligent animal and a slave to Williams. From morning till night, when Williams was at home, Prince never left his sight, practically ignoring all other members of the family. The dog had a number of clearly defined duties, for which Williams had patiently trained him and, like the good pupil he was, Prince lived for the chance to demonstrate his abilities.
  When Williams wanted to put on his boots, he would murmur “Boots” and within seconds the dog would drop them at his feet. At nine every morning, Prince ran off to the general store in the village, returning shortly not only with Williams' daily paper but with a half?ounce packet of Williams' favorite tobacco, John Rhiney's Mixed. A gun?dog by breed, Prince possessed a large soft mouth specially evolved for the safe carrying of hunted creatures, so the paper and the tobacco came to no harm, never even showing a tooth mark.
  Williams was a railwayman, an engine driver, and he wore a blue uniform which smelled of oil and oil fuel. He had to work at odd times —“days”, “late days” or “nights”. Over the years Prince got to know these periods of work and rest, knew when his master would leave the house and return, and the dog did not waste this knowledge. If Williams overslept, as he often did, Prince barked at the bedroom door until he woke, much to the annoyance of the family. On his return, Williams' slippers were brought to him, the paper and tobacco too if previously undelivered.
  A curious thing happened to Williams during the snow and ice of last winter. One evening he slipped and fell on the icy pavement somewhere between the village and his home. He was so badly shaken that he stayed i and not until he got up and dressed again did he discover that he had lost his wallet containing over fifty pounds. The house was turned upside down in the search, but the wallet was not found. However, two days later—that was five days after the fall—Prince dropped the wallet into William's hand. Very muddy, stained and wet through, the little case still contained fifty?three pounds, Williams' driving license and a few other papers. Where the dog had found it no one could tell, but found it he had and recognized it probably by the faint oily smell on the worn leather.
Simon:&I work not because I like it but that I have to, so I often count the minutes until stopping work&or holidays. However, my sister is totally different. She enjoys her work so much that she often&spends extra time on her job even take work home with her. I think she is so crazy about work just as&some people are about drugs or alcohol. I could hardly understand it.&Matthew:&Work is a core element of our lives. It gives us a sense of identity in the larger world outside&the personal circle of family and friends. However, there are some people for whom work occupies&an even more central place in their lives. Workaholics are a stereotype of modem life, and they are&both praised and criticized. On the one hand, it may be the accepted way of earning promotion. On&the other hand, workaholics are often viewed as neglecting aspects of life such as family and leisure&that are important for maintaining a healthy equilibrium.&Andrew:&In cities, workaholism is so common that people do not regard it as unusual. I think workaholics prefer to work rather than do anything else because they don't know how to kill time if they&don't work. They can only get pleasure from work. Work is everything for them.&Colin:&Workaholism is dangerous in a sense because it can cause some problems. First of all, workaholics often have health problems because they don't have time to relax and keep themselves occupied all the time. Secondly, their family life is not happy since they spend little time with their family. Their marriage may even ends in divorce.&Vincent:&Being a workaholic can mean you achieve great things, but more people achieve great things&without being addicted to work. Workaholics need time away from work and when I say &away&from& I mean psychologically distanced from it as well as physically. If you are still obsessing about&work when you should be focused on your loved ones or an outside of work activity then you are still&basically working.&Now match the name of each person (36-40) to the appropriate statement.&Note: there are two extra statements.&36. Simon&37. Matthew&38. Andrew&39. Colin&40. Vincent&Statements&A. Some people appreciate those who pay almost all their attention on work.&B. If you don't get rid of work&a&holism, you may get ill.&C. To get promotion, you need to be a workaholic.&D. Workaholics' behaviors are hard to understand.&E. Workaholics had better have some time with no work.&F. It's hard for workaholics to be away from work psychologically.&G. Workaholics don't know how to enjoy themselves except working.&
& & Americans use many expressions with the word “dog”. People in the United States love their dogs and treat them well. &31 &However,dogs without owners to care for them lead a different kind of life. The expression,to lead a dog’s life,describes a person who has an unhappy existence.  Some people say we live in a dog-eat-dog world. &32 &They say that to be successful,a person has to work like a dog. This means they have to work very,very hard. Such hard work can make people dog-tired. And,the situation would be even worse if they became sick as a dog.   33 &This means that every person enjoys a successful period during his or her life. To be successful,people often have to learn new skills. Yet,some people say that you can never teach an old dog new tricks. They believe that older people do not like to learn new things and will not change the way they do things.   34 &People who are unkind or uncaring can be described as meaner than a junkyard dog.  Junkyard dogs live in places where people throw away things they do not want. Mean dogs are of-ten used to guard this property. They bark or attack people who try to enter the property. However,sometimes a person who appears to be mean and threatening is really not so bad. We say his bark is worse than his bite.  Dog expressions are also used to describe the weather. The dog days of summer are the hottest days of the year. A rainstorm may cool the weather. But we do not want it to rain too hard. 35 .& & A.Still,people say every dog has its day.  B.We do not want it to rain cats and dogs.  C.Some people are compared to dogs in bad ways.  D.Dogs are their best friends and they are loyal to people.  E.There are many other expressions waiting for you to explore.  F.That means many people are competing for the same things,like good jobs.  G.They take their dogs for walks,let them play outside and give them good food and medical care.}

我要回帖

更多关于 from outside 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信