数词+名词+-ed three-legged三条腿的
数词+名词+形容词 five-year-old五岁的
2 形容词作定语
(1)形容词作定语一般放在被修饰词之前,作前置定语;形容词短语作定语一般放在被修饰词之后,作后置定语。
Nice and warm days are coming.
晴朗而温暖的日子就要来了。
He is a student worthy_of_praise.
他是一个值得表扬的学生。
典例  He didn't selfishly keep for himself the money inherited from his uncle. Instead, he made a ________(generously) contribution to help the community.
[答案] generous 句意:他没有自私地把从他叔叔那里继承的钱据为己有,而是慷慨地捐出来,帮助社区。设空处修饰名词contribution, 作定语,故应用generously的形容词形式generous。
(2)形容词作后置定语的情况
①一些以字母a开头的常作表语的形容词作定语时,常置于被修饰词的后面,此类形容词有:
alive活着的 alike同样的 awake醒着的 asleep睡着的 al
正在加载中,请稍后...A voice in the wilderness | Thoughts and what I happen to be studying in scripture
Occasionally I ask myself, what motivates me to write. In response, I would have to say it’s religious opposition and a deeply seated desire to see the church walking in truth. The idea of walking in truth, in my mind, means a church that is trained appropriately in the Word. I don’t see that happening at any of the churches I have been a part of.
An aspect of that opposition recently occurred as a “brother” in Christ, told a friend of mine, that I believe life has to be one-way, mine. Have you read any of my posts? Do I present myself like that? Hardly, I attempt to show God’s word as the only basis for truth, and, in a manner that people can understand. I suppose, to some degree, that means adding my commentary to what I write in an effort to promote understanding, but leaving the decision-making process to the reader, as they accept or reject God’s word. With that understanding you are not rejecting me, you are denying God’s truth and mercy, as you refuse what God’s word says.
Elijah, the prophet, bemoaned his situation and cried out that he was alone in Israel.
The Apostle Paul was not put off by the scholars of the Berean community. In fact, he thought highly of them. This body of believers did their research and found that Torah and Tanakh validated what Paul was saying. Having legitimized Paul’s statements they believed. When you consider the limited resources, these men had, our accolades for them should be even more significant.
Let me give you an example of what this opposition to, and the rejection of, the truth looks like.
The man who leads the Monday morning study, once again pointed out that he was an ordained Bible study leader, not a pastor. As the leader, he has just about every week, exclaimed that everyone brought to the Great White Throne judgment is sent to hell. If you are a reasonable student of the Bible you should be asking, is that a correct statement? The answer is NO, but why would you know that?
Because you have read the Word of God, you l compared alternate texts and scenarios, and, like a hungry pet who has, awaited you to come home so they can eat, chewed on and ingested every word so that you could understand the depth and meaning of the Greek words being used and their Hebrew origins. But here is where the problem lays, as statistically, no one does that?
The statistical work I am going to show you were undertaken by Lifeway Research in 2014. Here is an excerpt from Christianity Today.
“Some Stats to Consider
Bible Reading
Americans read the Bible on occasion—churchgoers a little more. In a recent
study, we learned the following about our Bible reading habits among church attendees. They indicated that they read their Bible as follows:
19% – Every day
26% – A few times a week
14% – Once a week
22% – At least once a month
18% – Rarely or never.
There are a couple of interesting takeaways from this study. Almost 60% of churchgoers open our Bibles at home during the week at least once. And for every person who is reading his/her Bible every day (19%), someone isn’t… at all (18%).”
Do you think, in this condition of apostasy, that the numbers would improve any as time progresses?
I was pondering this idea before pulling up the statistical information. My guess/estimate would have been about 20% of the “church” actually reading their Bibles every day. But even then I could see a problem with that number because I sit with some of these 20% per-centers, and know for a fact that they will not move off their traditional interpretations and understandings regardless of what you show them in scripture. Are you beginning to see a problem? Illiteracy has no option but to run rampan And, it is not just the church. I just read yesterday, 5/10/2018, that schools have found they are going to have to take down the analog clocks on the schoolhouse walls and replace them with digital clocks because no one can read them.
Let’s go back to the significant false teaching of the morning “bible” study – how that everyone coming before the Great White Throne goes to a fiery hell.
The first question is: how does one study the Bible? It seems to me that everyone should in truth, I had to learn how.
Every student should:
Read the text without a premise.
As you read ask, what is this passage supposed to be saying to me?
Do not merely assume that the teacher standing before you, saying things like, “What Paul is saying here,” is the truth. [Here is a heads up. Paul, a former Pharisee, a man who was very skillful at what he did, had no problem speaking to JEWS, about this new life and grace found in Christ. This is the case as Saul/Paul spoke about the Hebrew wording within the Law and the Prophets and pointed out the evidence in those words, which led to an understanding, in those who chose to listen, that Jesus of Nazareth was the Messiah they longed for. Paul made it clear that our acceptance of Yahshua brought about this life and the hope we have come to understand.]
The idea of reading without a premise can be applied to my pastor’s sermons since he has a motive and a point to be made. In pushing his motive, he has created a premise and is working to make the scriptures fit his premise. These directed efforts often work in opposition to my understanding of Bible study.
Look at the context.
An example of this applies to what I am going to analyze momentarily – Matthew 25, where we see the sheep and the goats at the throne of judgment. The context surrounding this word picture begins in Matthew 21, when Jesus rides into Jerusalem, on the back of an unridden donkey – the Rolls Royce of the day, and He is perceived as the Messiah Israel hoped for. Unfortunately, He did not do what the disciples, nor the people expected, as He overturned the sellers tables, chairs, and loosed their merchandise where they had been selling, in the court of the Gentiles. And then, Jesus got into a verbal confrontation with the elders and Pharisees. All this activity shook the disciples and prompted them to ask, “when will all these things come to pass, and what will be the sign of your coming as the Messiah.
I am always analyzing the scriptures even as the pastor speaks. I examine the context and what the interlinear Greek or Hebrew dictionary says the words mean. Occasionally, the pastor is preaching in opposition to what the words mean. As a side note: Pastor and I had a bad moment one day, as he challenged me about my intensive focus on end times and the eschatology books of the Bible. In his indictment of me, he said, “Notice how in my sermons, I present the gospel in a manner that brings about change in people.” I try not to overthink the pastor’s words that day, but isn’t that what the Word of God is supposed to do, change people?
Look for a comparative text.
Many of the Calvary Chapel pastors, like Don Stewart or the late Chuck Smith, used to say, “allow scripture to define scripture.” What does that mean? As I read the Revelation, I see where John, on two occasions, in speaking to the churches, uses the term the Synagogue (Rev 2:9, Rev 3:9.) Why is this significant? Because John, was not writing in code as some would ascribe, he was writing to Jewish converts/followers of Christ. And therefore, spoke in a language they would immediately understand. Greek, of course, was one aspect of this language but the other carried the oral history and word stories from the Old Testament. The evidence for this is rather extensive and is demonstrated in the writings of James (James 2:2) and the Apostle Paul. Read Acts 18. In every city we find Paul entering the local Synagogue and preaching. For over fifteen years Paul preached, almost exclusively, to Jews. It was only after years of abuse at the hands of religious Jews that Paul finally said, and I am taking this message to the Gentiles.
The Apostle John, James, Peter, and Paul focused their attention on the Jewish community. Peter, although he had a brief exchange with the Roman Centurion’s family, maintained, as did James and John, a focus on Jews. [Read Paul’s account in Galatians 2,] Many of these believed for years that this gospel of Jesus was meant exclusively for Jews. Peter, in 2 Peter 3:10 says,
This passage has clear and definite associations with
In conjunction with the idea of comparative texts, was the indication that everything, aside from direct revelation from the Holy Spirit, came out of the Torah and Tanakh. Paul’ James words on wisdom, and the Revelation that John conveyed, all came from the Old Testament. We can put this idea of comparative texts into action where Revelation speaks of a multi-headed beast with crowns and horns (Revelation 13:1). This imagery is found in multiple locations but primarily in the words of the prophet Daniel (Daniel 7:7).
Matthew 25:31-45, where we see the sheep and goats, is a comparative text. The words Jesus spoke were in response to questions His Jewish disciples ask him, and those words made sense to a Jewish audience. If you had been a student in Synagogue school you were expected to memorize the Old Testament teachings. Therefore, one might expect that these people were looking for these events to happen.
Try to take in as much of the background wording into consideration as you can.
When I look at Matthew 25:31-45 in the NASB, the segment that speaks of the sheep and goats carries the headline, The Final Judgment. That headline in itself gives me nothing of value except as a reference point. If I were looking for a direct association to the final judgment, there is nothing within these verses that define this explicitly by using that terminology.
Can I find an inference of final judgment in verse 31?
Clear heavenly blue. Apparently, the color is insignificant.
Biblical Illiteracy by the Numbers Part 1: The Challenge
Share this:Like this:Like Loading...
Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
, , , , , , , , , , ,
I primarily use the NASB, but occasionally I I will insert other translations if they can clarify the context. Those translations will be duly noted.
Chapter one was an appropriate greeting, but chapter two stands alone and begins to immediately address fears that have come as the result of some false teaching.
This theme was not a new to Paul as he had written to the Christ-followers in Thessalonica on a previous occasion.
So let’s dissect the passages and see if we can understand all that Paul is trying to say.
Posted in , , , , , , , , , ,
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
I introduced a section within my first post in this series, as one of the most unbelievable scenarios you could read. In that section you have Rebekah and Jacob pulling off the deception of a lifetime, as Isaac is tricked into believing that Jacob was Esau merely by strapping a piece of sheepskin on Jacob’s arm. I have to ask, have you ever seen sheep? They exceed the hair of man about 100 to one.
While most would have run for their lives but not J and, I cannot give you any good reason why? As you see in Genesis 28:6-7, Isaac, after the deception, has instructed Jacob not to take a wife from the daughters of Canaan. After hearing this Jacob leaves toward Haran in order to comply and his mother goes with him. What just happened?
Watch what Esau does.
: A verb meaning to bless, kneel, salute, or greet. The verb derives from the noun knee and perhaps suggests the bending of the knee in blessing.
Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
This entire blog was spawned from a sermon entitled, What about Jacob? Or, can a man find healing in a woman? To make this brief, I did not understand, nor was I able to track with what the pastor said, as he tried to prove his point about Jacob. Sorry, I can’t really see it but I am enjoying the study, as usual.
As we finished part one of our look at Jacob, the grand deception was complete. Do you think Rebekah and Jacob gleefully danced around the campfire that night as they celebrated how well they pulled it off? Hardly, for Esau, as you will see, has every intention of killing Jacob once Isaac is dead.
Notice how there is no concern on the part of Esau for how this will affect his mother. And, all this evokes another question, is it possible for Esau to regain his birthright? I don’t think so, at least not in God’s eyes.
Cheating not only Esau but your father as well, you would think that Jacob would be gone already, but only minutes from now Issac calls Jacob before him and commands him to not a wife from the same cluster of women that Esau had chosen from. Isaac directs Jacob to Laban, Rebekah’s brother. Maybe, Isaac knows full well what kind of man Laban can be considering the backhanded maneuver Rebekah has just pulled on Isaac.
With that said, let’s continue on.
I mentioned in the previous post, that Esau did not take this selling of the birthright serious. If he had
Wouldn’t it seem logical to say something to Isaac?
Wouldn’t Isaac have known?
Why would Esau bother to respond Isaac as though there was not a problem?
Your brother came deceitfully, and he has taken away your blessing.” Esau said, “Is he not rightly named Jacob? For he has cheated me these two times. He took away my birthright, and behold, now he has taken away my blessing.” Then he said, “Have you not reserved a blessing for me?” Isaac answered and said to Esau, “Behold, I have made him lord over you, and all his brothers I have given to him for servants, and with grain and wine I have sustained him. What then can I do for you, my son?”
And Esau is the reason.
“Gen_41:45). This was old by Egyptian standards, since most males were still only boys when they married. Yet it is clear that a boy had to be not only sexually mature but also able to provide for his wife and thus settled in his occupation before he married. Girls seem to have married between about twelve and fourteen. They did not have to wait until established in a career. Some royal marriages, occurring for dynastic or other political reasons, took place when the individuals were very young. For example, Tutankhamen died at the age of eighteen or nineteen after a nine-year reign and marriage, so he must have been nine or ten when married.”
NELSON’S Bible Manners & Customs, How the People of the Bible Really Lived,
Howard F. Vos, THOMAS NELSON PUBLISHERS
They shall not dwell in your land, lest they make you sin against Me; for if you serve their gods, it will surely be a snare to you. (Exodus 23:32-33 AMP)
neither shall you serve their gods, for that would be a snare to you. (Deuteronomy 7:16 AMP)
. (Ezekiel 16:47 CJB)
he even seeks them out. He seems to find pleasure in lifting them up and healing them. On the plus side, our savior is a descendant of the line from Jacob.
That no matter how messed up the narrative, or, our story is, we can and should glean as much as we can from each one, for it is God’s story. Sure, you think it is all yours, but it is never anything less than God’s plan, you merely get to be a part of it.
Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
This article was first posted on 05/09/2011.
It has been heavily edited and covers a lot of ground.
The story is found in Genesis 25-31.
One of the churches we were going to at the time had Saturday night services. The pastor was talking about relational issues between husbands and wives, and this night he threw Jacob into the mix. He, of course, had to do a quick overview in an attempt to explain what interactions “created” this man Jacob we read about. In other words, what were the family dynamics that made him respond to situations the way he did? I remember thinking, some are blatantly obvious, what else can there be?
The pastor opened with, “The story equates to a broken man. A man that looks to a woman, Rachel, to bring him wholeness.” I did not take the best notes as my mind went racing off to find the origins of some word the pastor had focused on.
You may not be into humor, but this transition about words reminds me of a movie I watched years ago called, The Three Amigos. The movie is about three comedic American actors around the ;s, finding themselves in old Mexico. There was a point in the film where the bad guys were sitting around the fire while trying to
when one of them says, Mi Jefe, I have seen them, and there is a plethora. To which the jefe responds, I do not think you know what plethora means. Do not use words for which you do not know the meaning.
What am I trying to say here? I listen to pastors, and teachers throw out words as though what they are saying is the authoritative definition of that word. Unfortunately, I am frequently disappointed, for as you look into a good concordance, you usually find that there are multiple meanings for the word, proving that perhaps they should not use words for which they do not know the meaning. Occasionally, you find that the word they chose is in opposition to the context. I will simply say, that I can’t wholeheartedly see the association between Rachel and Jacob’s so-called search for wholeness if and yet, as I edited this post for readability, I found so many fascinating things that comprise this family. Things that many would bring little more than reproach in most peoples eyes. Essentially, I keep seeing that God is in control. If you take one thing away from this, I hope it is that God is in control.
Let’s start off this look at Jacob with a strong shocker!
We are all broken, and though we may not want to admit to it, most of us are looking for something that dulls the pain and takes our mind off of it for at least a few moments. Sometimes that thing that dulls the pain takes the form of a woman. Why, because, for several reasons we won’t talk about, she quiets the storm momentarily?
If a man were honest, he would tell you that there is little that removes all the hurt inside. It is moments like this you need to get real. You know the moment – it’s those times you stand there looking at yourself, and you see the pain. Scripture itself tells us that all of creation is crying out for redemption, so how you can’t.
Romans 8:22-23 NASB For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. 23) And not only this but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.
What do we know about Jacob?
Esau, the first-born becomes a man, a very hairy man. Jacob, of course, was born second. When you are young, this second child thing is not that important to you. But, depending on how you were treated in the home there may be a massive sibling rivalry problem, that in some cases lasts a lifetime as a result of the favoritism was shown toward the elder brother in this case. For example, your father makes sure that you understand the position that you do not hold, and it’s not first-born. You are taught that the older will rule the family when the father is gone, and the eldest son will get the lion’s shar this being born first could work in the opposite as well, as oftentimes the eldest is held to a higher standard and takes more punishment for mistakes they did not make (I speak from experience on this one.)
Whatever the case is with these two we do not know, but there are clues.
Genesis 25:23-26 NASB The LORD said to her, “Two nati And two peoples will be sepa And one people shall be str And the older shall serve the younger.” 24) When her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb. 25) Now the first came forth red, all over
and they named him Esau. 26) Afterward, his brother came forth with his hand holding on to Esau’s heel, so his name was called J and Isaac was sixty years old when she gave birth to them.
Esau was first-born, but then there is this prophecy given in a dream, how the older will serve the younger.
Gen 25:27 NASB tells us: “When the boys grew up, Esau became a skillful hunter, a man of the field, but Jacob was a peaceful man, living in tents.”
What does Gen 25:27 mean when it comes to Jacob?
While one was always outdoors and active, the other seems to be busy cooking and cleaning the tent. In the eyes of a father that wants to pass on the family business, Esau is the boy you want to brag about in the marketplace. If this was the case, this incessant bragging has to play a role in the character of Jacob.
Outside of speculation, we do not know, at this point, what made Jacob such a conniver. Some would begin an argument at this point, and to a degree, they would be correct, but then, who do we have as a deceiver in this family? Issac is one of those who described his wife as his sister. For the sake of space, I have not included the full text here. I suggest you look it up. Genesis 26:7-13.
Genesis 25:28 LITV And Isaac loved Esau, for game was in his mouth. And Rebekah loved Jacob.
Here is what we have next.
One day, Jacob was cooking some stew, when Esau came home hungry and said, “I’m starving to death! Give me some of that red stew right now!” That’s how Esau got the name “Edom.” Jacob replied, “Sell me your rights as the first-born son.” “I’m about to die,” Esau answered. “What good will those rights do me?” But Jacob said, “Promise me your birthrights, here and now!” And that’s what Esau did. (Genesis 25:29-33 CEV)
While you probably do not pick up on a dominant attitude with most translations, there is no doubt that it is there. Interpretations range
to I am starving give me, or feed me.
Here is an example of a similar attitude that Jesus spoke of.
The parable of the rich man and poor Lazarus. Both characters have died. However, Lazarus is now comforted, and the rich man is now demanding, pretty much just as he had always done, that Lazarus is sent back to warn his family. This parable is an example that probably escapes most people, because the interpreters inserted the word please, as though the rich man was now polite when it was his custom to and, he still thinks that he can order Lazarus around.
And he said, Father, it is my request that you will send him to my father’ (Luke 16:27 BBE)
Esau, though probably not on the verge of death, is hungry enough sell his birthright to Jacob.
Doesn’t this imply that the birthright issue has been part of Jacob’s thinking for a long time?
If you felt confident that you were going to be taken care of by your father then why would you steal what was not meant to be yours?
Apparently, Jacob did not feel very confident.
So Esau sells his brother his birthrights.
Sure he did (in a sarcastic tone,) apparently Esau believed these were meaningless words and had no intention of giving up what was his. Besides that, how do you enforce an illegal sale (where are the witnesses,) with a father who is the only one who has the right to give it, and who is probably not that fond of Jacob anyway?
Genesis 27:1-4 LITV And it happened when Isaac was old and his eyes were dim for seeing, he called his elder son Esau and said to him, My son! And he said to him, Behold me. 2) And he said, Behold! Now, I I do not know the day of my death. 3) And now please lift up your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go to the field and hunt game for me. 4) And make for me delicious things, such as I love, and bring to me, and I so that my soul may bless you before I die.
If Esau had thought he had thrown away his birthright, why did he act like nothing was wrong when his father said, “that I may bless you before … my death.?
He knew what those words his fath and, he knew what they meant to Jacob.
Now we add Rebekah into the mix.
Genesis 27:5-6 GNB “While Isaac was talking to Esau, Rebecca was listening. So when Esau went out to hunt, 6) she said to Jacob, “I have just heard your father say to Esau,”
It would seem that she knew about the deal that Jacob had made with Esau, and, she has decided that she is going to make this deception happen. The turmoil that was about to begin started long ago with these words:
Genesis 25:23 LITV And Jehovah said to her, Two nati even two peoples shall break from your body. And one people shall be stronger t and the elder shall serve the younger.
Under the category of things we don’t know:
Does she remember those words Jehovah spoke to her all those years ago?
Are those words the motivation for what she is about to do?
Or, is she merely a player in this plan God has, where we do what we think is beneficial for the moment, and yet God is directing every move regardless of how it looks?
Do you suppose that she is aware of the grief she is about to cause, or the humiliation Issac is about to face as he is tricked into blessing the wrong son, according to tradition?
Rebekah makes her move to protect Jacob.
Genesis 27:8-10 NET. Now then, my son, do exactly what I tell you! 9) Go to the flock and get me two of the best young goats. I’ll prepare them in a tasty way for your father, just the way he loves them. 10) Then you will take it to your father. Thus he will eat it and bless you before he dies.”
Sometimes, even the best of schemers forget a detail and so Jacob includes that possibility.
Genesis 27:11-12 NASB Jacob answered his mother Rebekah, “Behold, Esau my brother is a hairy man and I am a smooth man. 12) “Perhaps my father will feel me, then I will be as a deceiver in his sight, and I will bring upon myself a curse and not a blessing.”
Rebekah is willing to bear the blame.
Genesis 27:13 NASB But his mother said to him, “Your curse be on me, only obey my voice, and go, get them for me.”
There is little about what happens next that is believable, and yet it does. Sheepskin, with all that hair, a voice had to be decidedly different, and Esau was not the cook. The trap is set, and the deception works.
Genesis 27:14-29 NASB So he went and got them, and brough and his mother made savory food such as his father loved. 15) Then Rebekah took the best garments of Esau her elder son, which were with her in the house, and put them on Jacob her younger son. 16) And she put the skins of the young goats on his hands and on the smooth part of his neck. 17) She also gave the savory food and the bread, which she had made, to her son Jacob. 18) Then he came to his father and said, “My father.” And he said, “Here I am. Who are you, my son?” 19) Jacob said to his father, “I am E I have done as you told me. Get up, please, sit and eat of my game, that you may bless me.” 20) Isaac said to his son, “How is it that you have it so quickly, my son?” And he said, “Because the LORD your God caused it to happen to me.” 21) Then Isaac said to Jacob, “Please come close, that I may feel you, my son, whether you are really my son Esau or not.” 22) So Jacob came close to Isaac his father, and he felt him and said, “The voice is the voice of Jacob, but the hands are the hands of Esau.” 23) He did not recognize him, because his hands were hairy like his brother Esau’ so he blessed him. 24) And he said, “Are you really my son Esau?” And he said, “I am.” 25) So he said, “Bring it to me, and I will eat of my son’s game, that I may bless you.” And he brought it to him, he also brought him wine and he drank. 26) Then his father Isaac said to him, “Please come close and kiss me, my son.” 27) So he came
and when he smelled the smell of his garments, he blessed him and said, “See, the smell of my son Is like the smell of a field which the LORD 28) Now may God give you of the dew of heaven, And of the fatness of the earth, And an abundance o 29) May peoples serve you, And nat Be master of your brothers, And may your mother’s sons bow down to you. Cursed be those who curse you, And blessed be those who bless you.”
While the premise is that we are supposed to be looking at Jacob, we have spent a lot of time on Rebekah. However, taking a serious look at what makes us dysfunctional forces us to consider ba Rebekah and Issac play a huge role in that background. Consider how much dysfunction a child, up to about the age when they learn to say NO, has buried within them. It would seem none, as they have to learn to be liars, and deceivers, as Jacob did. And his parents taught him.
Consider another huge factor, sin. I bring this up because of the legalists among us, as they try to tell you that sin pushes you to do what you do. But consider, in the garden did Satan push Eve? No, he deceived her. So, when Adam then partakes, was he pushed? No, and neither was he deceived, he merely followed his wife’s lead. Sin is little more than missing the smallest of bullseyes as you go through your day, the process of which is a perpetual task that sometimes borders on the impossible. Sin then is that motivation to do what we want to do, and sometimes I grow weary of trying hit the bullseye on targets that seem to be several hundred yards away and no bigger than the head of a nail.
Stay tuned as part two has Jacob getting out of the house and fleeing toward Uncle Laban’s, as he looks for the woman of his dreams, maybe.
Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Related articles
Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , ,
, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Here is where I interject some history and hopefully validation. Feel free to skip or fast forward.
a word that does not appear anywhere in the Bible, to help us to understand the New Testament teaching about what God is like.” “In later life, he lost favor with much of the Church when he at least temporarily took up with the Montanists– what we would probably call today a puritanical-charismatic sect.”
violent chieftains and hunters of men, then one can safely assume that this was the universal theme of all those who had come from a fallen angel descent.
'is?s?a?b??n also denotes pain and sorrow. So pain and sorrow are both over and above whatever Eve deemed ordinary.
ep?iyliym.
which merely transliterates the Hebrew word into English as NePhplim. These beings evidently appeared on the earth in the ancient past when divine beings cohabited with woman, and NePhplim, the mighty men or warriors of great fame, were the offspring. This huge race of NePhplim struck fear into the Israelite spies who had gone up to survey the land of Canaan (see Num_13:31-33). The sons of Anak, a tall race of people, came from the NePhplim (Num_13:33; cf. Deu_2:10-11; Deu_9:2; Jos_15:14). Eze_2:21, Eze_2:27 may have the NePhplim in mind, possibly equating them with the mighty men or mighty warriors in the passage. These beings were not divine but only at best great, powerful men.”
and means chief (in various applications of order, time, place or rank): – beginnings. Abandoned comes from the Hebrew word apoleipo? and means to leave behind. “Their proper abode.” conveys the idea of a personal residence. Their personal residence was heaven and they it, however, my guess is that they were thrown out with Satan. WSD
, and means to warden, guard, or keep an eye on. If, in your attempt to sort this out logically, you come to this passage in 2Peter 2:4. Wouldn’t you then say, that the fallen angels are all taken out of the way as they are held until judgment comes?
. This is not a denial or confirmation that angels can mate, but virtually every observance we have of angels is that they are large and powerful warriors. That tends to give them male characteristics, and Genesis tells us that the fallen ones did have intercourse with human women.
? Since Cush is a human, then Nimrod should be a human also. But, even though scripture almost implies that the offspring were only males, that is not the case. Therefore, just because the word gibbo?r, which can also mean an overwhelming influence and not height does not exclude the possibility that Nimrod was a massive man.
“” – a double usage of the word gibbor which means, [powerful; by implication warrior, tyrant: – giant.] [The Hebrew word gibbor is a derivative of another word gabar and also carries the implications of – one who conducts himself arrogantly, and surpasses.]
“” – is the Hebrew word tsu?d. A primitive root meaning to lie alongside – by implication to catch an animal (figuratively men).
Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
I have been looking at Enoch and attempting to write about him, and his surroundings, for weeks now. It has been nothing less than a struggle as the things I talk about here, are controversial (I know this because I have been around religion for a long time and I have had first-hand experience with this.) And, as I will mention in the post, there seems to be so little at least that is the impression we were given growing up in church.
May I interject something here? Growing up in church rarely brings you to an understanding of who God is. Oh sure, you can walk away with a boatload of traditions and opinions, but few of them are correct, accurate, or appropriate. For example: In today’s morning study, the leader said, “you will not find a Pharisee in heaven.” I do not believe that is a valid statement, nor was it appropriate. For weren’t Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimethia Pharisees?
Mark 15:43 CJB
Yosef of Ramatayim, a prominent member of the Sanhedrin who himself was also looking forward to the Kingdom of God, went boldly to Pilate and asked for Yeshua’s body.
John 3:1 NASB Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the J
So for someone to make such a brash statement like NO Pharisees will be found in heaven, is blatantly untrue. There is a point to this tirade and that is, that there is a multitude of things being preached and taught that are at worst decrepit lies, and at best,
none-the-less, both can send you into a pit of deception. If we have bought into the lies, choosing to not challenge what we hear by reading the Word of God for ourselves. Then how will we know what is true? Jesus, by the way, is the one who said, “no one comes to the Father but through me.” Is it possible that: the tearing of th giving himself as pouring out his own blood on the heavenly altar, and giving his life as the payment for the redemption of the world is the thing that restored our way back to the Father?
Seriously, the and all that is required is that WE acknowledge and accept Jesus as that final lamb that slaughtered for us.
But what does religion do? It clouds the issue, creates more rules, and condemns every stupid thing we do as we stumble through this thing called life.
Having said all that, I give you an intensive look at Enoch.
the man who killed his brother Abel,) is having a baby. They named that baby Enoch. This child is not the Enoch we are looking for but is the son of Cain and the father of another called Enoch. This son of Cain built a city and named that city after his son, Enoch. However, neither of these play a role in getting us to the Enoch we desire to understand. If I look carefully at the genealogy provided in Genesis chapter five, I find that Cain played NO role in the bloodline that leads us to Noah. We will probe a possible reason why Cain is excluded further on in the thesis.
Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his saints, (Jude 1:14, UKJV)
But the saints of the Most High shall take the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.
If this was all the Biblical information I had on Enoch, what then do I make of this man.
I was asked by a friend about the Book of Enoch that I was recently reading. I acquired it several months ago but have never taken the time to read the book. Having recently decided to pursue its contents, I find it requires my full concentration. Waiting for this friend to get out of his medical appointment, I had a few minutes to spare, and so I began rereading pages of the book I had already read. This time I had determined to make notes as I went because I wanted to build some word pictures in my head (it’s how I learn best.) Waiting for some paperwork from the front desk, there were a few brief minutes before we left and so I started talking about what I had learned so far.
I mentioned that the Book of Enoch had been an integral part of the early Church, and had been read aloud among the body for 700 years. Early Church fathers, such as Clement, Barnabas, and Irenaeus referenced and quoted from the Book of Enoch. Th D. JR Church published the book, “Enoch, The First Book Ever Written,” and he does the commentary on it as it progresses.
I have come to realize that verifiable evidence is not enough to convince some people of the necessity nor the authenticity of information that gives us more insight into Biblical events that are otherwise eternally obscured. I am a firm believer that the answers are in scripture, and, if not they might be obtained through some other source, like the Book of Enoch.
Keep this in mind as you read. Jude, the author of his own book, quotes a prophecy from Enoch that is not in our Bibles and can only be found in the Book of Enoch. The writer of Hebrews places Enoch in the hall of fame for his great faith, by which he walked off this earth and into God’s arms, never to see death (Hebrews 11:5). And we find the name of Enoch in Luke 3:37, where he is listed in the lineage of Jesus Christ.
I can’t remember how we got there, but my friend said, then what do you do with Genesis 6:7 where God said, I am sorry that I made man?
Perhaps I had attempted to point out how the fallen angels had, as Jude tells us, cohabited with the daughters of men, with the express purpose of circumventing God’s plan of redemption. How can I make that statement? You have to go back to the garden where God is addressing Eve about her actions. She is cursed, but there is some good news, as one from her seed will bring about the redemption of the world. (Okay, I did not use the exact wording, but you should get a general idea.)
Satan’s evil plan almost worked prior to the flood.
Consider what was happening at this time. God, seeing that the earth was FILLED with violence and that the thoughts of “men” were only evil. The fallen angels, by taking whomever they wanted among women, had filled the earth with hybrids. The International Standard Bible says it best.
These titans became the foundation of mythology.
Question, does all indeed mean all? No, because there was at specifically the close lineage that produced Noah. This family line was, as yet, untouched by the genetic corruption that these fallen angels were introducing.
So far I haven’t focused on any passages that touch on the word all, but the question was asked, “didn’t God say that he was sorry he created man on the earth?” Doesn’t that phrase imply that God was offended by all, including Noah? There is nothing about this question or the verse, that paints a correct picture of God or His character. If He was disgusted with all, then why waste any time communing with Enoch. The disjointed logic we use when we focus on one verse out of context makes no sense and is incorrect. So let’s rethink the generalized question, wasn’t God sorry He created man.
he had made,” is the Hebrew word 'a?s?a?h: A verb meaning to do, to make, to accomplish, to complete. This frequently used Hebrew verb conveys the central notion of performing an activity with a distinct purpose, a moral obligation, or a goal in view (cf. Gen_11:6).
The Lord was extremely frustrated that His good intentions had come to this.
Eve was deceived, but Adam was wide awake and chose to trash his relationship with God. The passage also demonstrates an event that may have happened on a daily basis, God communing with the man and his wife. The tragedy here is that the connectedness and ease of communication with God were now broken.
Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
TranslateEmail Subscription
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 577 other followers
Top Posts & Pages
Blog Stats
19,035 hits
Recent Posts: A voice in the wilderness
Select Month
April 2018
March 2018
February 2018
January 2018
December 2017
November 2017
October 2017
September 2017
August 2017
April 2017
March 2017
February 2017
January 2017
December 2016
November 2016
October 2016
September 2016
August 2016
April 2016
March 2016
February 2016
January 2016
December 2015
November 2015
October 2015
September 2015
August 2015
April 2015
March 2015
February 2015
January 2015
December 2014
November 2014
October 2014
August 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
April 2013
March 2013
February 2013
January 2013
December 2012
November 2012
October 2012
September 2012
August 2012
April 2012
March 2012
February 2012
January 2012
December 2011
November 2011
October 2011
September 2011
August 2011
Send to Email Address
Your Email Address
Post was not sent - check your email addresses!
Email check failed, please try again
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.}

我要回帖

更多关于 he came insides me 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信