求这句话的翻译:excuse to make pink pretty in pink 电影things with hearts all over him so Valentine's Day.

【精品人教版】高一英语必修三导学案全集_甜梦文库
【精品人教版】高一英语必修三导学案全集
高一英语必修三导学案 高一英语必修三导学案 必修三Unit 1 Festivals around the world单元要点预览 单元要点预览 (旨在让同学整体了解本单元要点)词语 辨析 1. take place / happen / occur / come about / break out 2. celebrate / congratulate 3. gather / collect 4. award / reward beautify v.美化,变美1. beauty n.美, 美丽; 美人, beautiful adj. 美的, 美 美的东西 丽的 beautifully adv. 美丽地;优美地 2. religion n. 宗教,信仰 religious adj. 宗 教 的 , 虔诚的 3. satisfy vt. 满足;使满意 词 汇 4. arrive vi. 到达,到来 部 分 词形 到达者/物 变化 5. depend vi. 依靠,信赖, 决定于 dependent adj.依靠的, 依赖的 independent adj.独立的,自主的 6. energy n. 活力,精力, 能源 7. apologize vi. 道歉,认错 8. sad adj. 悲哀的;十分糟 糕的,令人伤心遗憾的 energetic adj. 精力充 沛的,充满活力的 apology n. 道歉, 认错 sadly adv. 悲哀地;凄 惨地 arrival n. 到达,到来, satisfaction n.满意satisfying adj.令人满意 的 satisfied 感到满意的dependence n.信赖,依 赖 independence n. 独 立,自立 energetically adv. 精力 充沛地,积极地sadness n.悲哀;悲痛; 凄惨 1. mean (meant, meant) vt.&vi. 意思是;意味着;打算;预定 2. starve vi.&vt. (使)饿死;饿得要死 3. belief n. [c,u] 信任;信仰;信心 重点 单词 4. gain vt. 获得;得到 n.[c,u] 收获;获利5. admire vt. 赞美;钦佩;羡慕 6. permission n.[u] 许可;允许 7. remind vt. 提醒;使想起 8. forgive (forgave, forgiven) vt. 原谅;饶恕 1. take place 发生;举行 2. in memory of 纪念;追念 3. dress up 盛装;打扮;装饰 4. play a trick on 对某人搞恶作剧/诈骗/开玩笑重点 5. look forward to 盼望;期待 词组 6. turn up 出现;到达;发现;调大(音量等) 7. keep one’ s word 守信用;履行诺言 8. hold one’ s breath 屏息;屏住气 9. set off 出发;动身;使爆炸 1. The country is covered with cherry tree flowers so that it looks as though it might be covered with pink snow. 重点句子 2. It was obvious that the manager of the coffee shop was waiting for Li Fang to leave. 重点语法 情态动词的两类重要用法:1.表示推测 2.征询意见(见语法部分)语言要点(模块) 语言要点(模块)Ⅰ.词语辨析 (旨在提供完形填空所需材料)1. take place / happen / occur / come about / break out 【解释】 take place 表示“发生、举行、举办” ,一般指非偶然性事件的“发生” ,即这种事件的发 生一定有某种原因或事先的安排。 happen 作“发生、碰巧”解,一般用于偶然或突发性事件。 occur 作“发生、想到、突然想起”解,其意义相当于 happen。 come about 表示“发生、产生” ,多指事情已经发生了,但还不知道为什么,常用于疑问 句和否定句。 break out 意思为“发生、爆发” ,常指战争、灾难、疾病、火灾或者争吵等事件的发生, 也可以表示突然大声叫喊等。 【练习】根据句子的意思翻译或按要求填词。 1). Great changes have _________ (发生) in our hometown during the past ten years. 2). _____________________ (我突然想起) I saw him on my way home yesterday. 3). I _________ (碰巧) to see your sister crying on my way to school yesterday. I was in such a hurry that I had no time to ask what had happened ________ (介词) her? 4). When the Second World War _________ (爆发), Tom was only a newborn infant. 5). I’ ll never understand how it _________ (发生) that you were late three times a week. 6). A big earthquake _________ (发生) in the south of China last year. 答案:1). taken place 5). came about 2). It occurred to me that 6). occurred / happened 3). to 4). broke out2. celebrate / congratulate 【解释】 celebrate“庆祝” ,后面跟某个节日或物。 congratulate“祝贺” ,一般搭配为 congratulate sb. on (doing)sth.“祝贺某人某事” 。 【练习】根据句子的意思在括号里填入适当的词。 1). We all ________ Jessica on her winning the first prize in the writing competition. 2). At Christmas the people in the western countries will ________ the birth of Jesus. 3). Let’s hold a party to ________ your birthday and at the same time ________ you _______ your passing the examination. 答案: 1). congratulated 2). celebrate 3). on 3. gather / collect 【解释】 gather 用途较广泛,可用于人、物或无形的抽象事物,如人群的集合,食品、财产、文件、 书籍等的收集。强调将分散的东西收集在一起。 collect 强调为了研究目的而做的有鉴别、有计划的收集,并指为了爱好而做的有条理的 安排,对某些事物进行逐渐的收集 这两词用不及物动词时用,常可互换,都表 “ 聚集;聚拢 ” 。 【练习】根据句子的意思在括号里填入适当的词。 1). The dustmen ________ the rubbish once a week. 2). A group of people were ________ at the accident spot. 3). She ________ up her scattered belongings and left. 4). So when did you start ________ antique glass? 答案: 1). collect 4. award / reward 【解释】 award n.“奖品”“奖金” 、 ,指因为作出杰出成就而受奖 win/get/receive an award for sth. vt.“授与”“颁发”“判给” award sb. sth. = award sth. to sb. 、 、 reward n.“赏金”“酬金”或一些非金钱的报酬 as a reward 、 vt. 表示“报答”“酬谢”之意 reward sb. for sth. / reward sb. with sth. 、 【练习】根据句子的意思在括号里填入适当的词。 1). They ________ John the first prize in the contest. 2). Is that how you ________ me for my help? 3). The film won an ________ ________ its photography. 答案:1). awarded 2). reward 3). for 2). gathering/(collecting) 3). gathered/collected 4). collectingⅡ.词性变化(旨在提供语法填空所需材料) 词性变化1. beauty n.美, 美丽; 美人, beautiful adj. 美的,美丽的 美的东西 2. religion n. 宗教,信仰 beautifully adv.美丽地; 优美地 religious adj.宗教的,虔诚的 beautify v.美化,变美 3. satisfy vt. 满足;使满意satisfaction n.满意satisfying adj.令人满意的 satisfied 感到满意的4. arrive vi. 到达,到来 5. depend vi. 依靠,信赖, 决定于 6. energy n. 活力,精力, 能源 7. apologize vi. 道歉, 认错 8. sad adj. 悲哀的;十分糟 糕的,令人伤心遗憾的arrival n. 到达,到来,到达者/物 dependent adj.依靠的,依赖的 independent adj.独立的,自主的 energetic adj. 精力充沛的,充 满活力的 apology n. 道歉,认错 sadly adv. 悲哀地;凄惨地 sadness n.悲哀;悲痛;凄惨 dependence n.信赖,依赖 independence n.独立,自立 energetically adv. 精力充沛 地,积极地【练习】用括号内所提供词的适当形式填空。 1). We should respect the ________ (religion) activities of the local people. 2). To the experts’ _________ (satisfy), the sick child had a quick recovery. 3). He is the most _________ (energy) boy I have ever met. 4). Nowadays lots of young people want financial ________ (depend). 5). Mike was arrested on his ________ (arrive) from New York. 6). You must make an ________ (apologize) to your sister for being so rude. 7). He expressed his ________ (sad) about what had happened. 8). Their house is ________ (beauty) decorated. 答案: 1). religious 5). arrival 2). satisfaction 6). apology 3). energetic 7). sadness 4). independence 8). beautifullyⅢ.重点词汇(旨在提供词汇综合运用所需材料) 重点词汇1. mean (meant, meant) vt.&vi. 意思是;意味着;打算;预定 [典例] 1). The sign means that the road is blocked. 这个标志表示此路不通。 2). What do you mean to do with it? 你打算把它怎样处理? 3). I mean you to work as our spokesman. 我想请你当我们的代言人。 [重点用法] (sth.) mean doing sth. 意味着… had meant to do sth. 本来打算做某事(sb) mean to do sth. 打算做… be meant for 打算作……用;打算给…(sth.) be meant to do sth. 被预定/指定/认为做某事 What do/did you mean by...? “你……是 什么意思?” [练习] 按要求填空或翻译。 1). Can you tell me what this sentence______ (mean)? 2). Your friendship ______ (mean) a great deal ______ (介词) me. 3). In some parts of London, missing a bus means ______ (wait) for another hour. 4). What did he mean ______ (介词) saying that remark? 5). I ______ ______ ______ ______(本来打算来)yesterday, but I had an unexpected visitor. 6). 这些房间是打算用作少年活动中心的。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ___ 答案:1). mean 2). to 3). waiting 4). by 5). had meant to come6).These rooms are meant for the children’s centre.2. starve vi.&vt. (使)饿死;饿得要死 [典例]starvation n.[u] 饿死1). The enemy is trying to starve us to death. 敌人正在企图饿死我们。 2). I’ let’ s have a big dinner. 我饿得要死了,让我们吃一顿丰盛的晚餐吧。 3). He said he would starve rather than beg for food. 他说他宁愿挨饿也不要饭吃。 [重点用法] starve to death = die of starvation/hunger 饿死 starve sb to death 把某人饿死starve for sth. = be starved of sth. = hope/long for sth. 希望/渴望得到某物 [练习] 用 starve 的短语的适当形式填空。 1). Thousands of people ________ ________ ________ in Africa. 2). These children are ________ ________ love. 3). The people on the island _______ _______ _______ fresh water since it hadn’t rained for nearly half a year. Keys: 1). starved to death/died of starvation 2). starving for 3). were starved of 3. belief n. [c,u] 信任;信仰;信心 believe vt.&vi. 相信 [典例] 1). He has great belief in his doctor. 他对那位医生无比信赖。 2). She has lost her belief in God. 她已不相信上帝(不相信真有上帝) 。 [重点用法] have belief in sth/sb 对某事物/人的真实性和正确性所具有的信心 信 in the belief that... 相信 …… that... 我相信…… [练习] 用 belief 的短语填空。 1). He came to me ________ ________ ________ ________ I could help him. 2). ________ ________ ________ ________ that nuclear weapons are immoral. 3). The cruelty of the murders was ________ ________. 答案:1). in the belief that 2). It is my belief 3). beyond belief It is my belief beyond belief 难以置4. gain vt. 获得;得到n.[c,u] 收获;获利[典例] 该词有三种含义: 1). 表示经过努力一点一点地获得自己渴望的东西 He has gained rich experience in these years. 这些年他已获取了丰富的经验。 2). 表示速度、重量等慢慢增加 He gained weight after recovery from his illness. 康复后他的体重增加了。 3).(钟,表)走快 This clock gains five minutes a day. 这只钟每天快 5 分钟。 [重点用法] gain experience / fame / independence 获得经验/名望/独立 得某物 gain other’ s respect / love / trust 获得别人的尊敬/爱戴/信任 耘,一分收获。 No pains, no gains. 一分耕 gain sth. from 从……处获 5. admire vt. 赞美;钦佩;羡慕 admiration n.[u] 钦佩;羡慕 [典例] 1). I admire your courage and wisdom. 我钦佩你的勇气和智慧。 2). I admired the way she had coped with life. 我钦佩她面对生活的方式。 [重点用法] admire sb. for sth./ doing sth. 在某方面钦佩某人 地 [练习] 中译英。 1). 我们都钦佩他的勇气和胆识。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ___ 2). 所有认识他的人都羡慕他取得诺贝尔化学奖。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ___ 3). 我钦佩地看着那小女孩弹钢琴。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ___ 答案:1). We all admire him for his courage and bravery. 2). All those who knew him admired him for winning the Nobel Prize for chemistry. 3). I watched the girl playing the piano in admiration. in admiration 赞美地/钦佩6. permission n.[u] 许可;允许 permit vt. /??'???/准许;许可;允许 permit n./???: ???/许可(证) ;执照 [典例] You have my permission to leave. 我准你离开。 [重点用法] with/without (one’ s) permission 得到允许/未经允许 求某人的许可 give sb. permission to do sth.: permit sb. to do sth.允许某人做某事 到某人的同意 [练习] 完成句子或用括号内所提供词的适当形式填空。 have one’ s permission 得 ask sb. for permission 征 1). They entered the area _______ _______ (未经允许). 2). The prison authorities permit _______ (visit) only once a month. 3). We have arranged to play tennis on Saturday, weather _______ (permit). 4). You will need to obtain planning _______ (permit) if you want to extend your house. 答案:1). without permission 2). visiting 3). permitting 4). permission7. remind vt. 提醒;使想起 [典例] 1). This story reminds me of my childhood. 这个故事让我想起了我的童年。 2). I reminded Gerald of his promise. 我提醒吉罗德他曾许下的诺言。 3). Please remind me to write to my mother tomorrow. 请提醒我明天给我母亲写信。 [重点用法] remind sb. of sth. 使某人想起某事 事 remind sb. to do sth. 提醒某人做某事 起…… [练习] 中译英。 1). 这些照片使我想起我的童年。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ___ 2). 请提醒我要每天服三次药。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ___ 答案:1). These photos remind me of my childhood. 2). Please remind me to take my medicine three times a day. Please remind me that I should take my medicine three times a day. remind sb. that... 提醒某人/使某人想 remind sb. of / about sth. 提醒某人记住某8. forgive (forgave, forgiven) vt. 原谅;饶恕 [典例] 1). I’ ll never forgive you! 我永远都不会饶恕你! 2). He asked us to forgive him for what he had done wrong. 他请求我们原谅他的错误。 [重点用法] forgive sb. (for) sth. 原谅某人的某事 [练习] 完成句子或用括号内所提供词的适当形式填空。 1). I’ ll never ______ ______ ______ ______ (因你所说的话而原谅你) you said to me. 2). They ______ (forgive) him for his crimes. 3). Forgive my _______ (interrupt) you. 答案:1). forgive you for what 2). forgave 3). interrupting forgive doing sth. 原谅做某事Ⅳ.重点词组 重点词组(旨在提供词汇综合运用所需材料) 词组1. take place vi. 发生;举行 [典例] 1). The football match will take place tomorrow. 足球赛将在明天举行。 2). The accident took place/ happened only a block from my home. 事故发生在离我家仅一个街 区远的地方。 [短语归纳] take the place of (动词短语)代替/取代 in place of (介词短语)代替;交换 in the last place 最take sb’ s place / take the place of sb. 坐某人的座位;代替某人的职务 后 in place 放在原来的位置;适合的,恰当的 的 in the first place (列举理由)首先,第一点 人设身处地想一想 [练习] 用 place 短语的适当形式填空。 1). A little gratitude would be _______ _______.out of place 不在合适的位置;不适当in one’s place 处于某人的位置,为某2). I’ m at a loss what to do next. What would you do (if you were ) _______ _______ _______? 3). Plastics have _______ _______ _______ _______ many other materials. 4). We use plastics _______ _______ _______ many other materials. 5). While the manager was on holiday, he _______ _______ _______. 答案: 1). in place his/her place2). in my place3). taken the place of4). in place of5). took2. in memory of = to the memory of 纪念;追念 [典例] 1). Many ceremonies are in memory of famous people. 很多典礼是为了纪念名人的。 2). The statue was built in memory of the famous scientist. 这个雕像是为了纪念那为有名的科 学家而建立的。 [短语归纳] in + n. + of 短语: in honour of 为了纪念……;向……表示敬意 of 赞同, 支持 in charge of 负责 possession of 拥有 in place of 代替 [练习] 用 in + n. + of 构成的词组填空。 1). A monument was set up ______ ______ ______ the dead soldiers. 2). He founded the charity (兴办那项慈善事业)______ ______ ______his late wife. 3). If you are ______ ______ ______ anything, don’ t hesitate to let me know. 4). In the discussion, I was ______ ______ ______ Mr. Li. 答案:1). in memory/honour of 2). in memory of 3). in need of 4). in favor of in need of 需要 in search of 寻找 in in praise of 歌颂 in favor3. dress up 盛装;打扮;装饰 [典例] 1). Don’ t bother to dress up. Come as you are. 用不著穿讲究衣服--就穿平常的衣服来吧。 2). We’re supposed to dress (ourselves) up as movie characters for the party. 我们在晚会上要装 扮得像电影中的角色。 [短语归纳] dress 短语: dress up for sth. 为某事而盛装 be dressed in 穿着(衣服或颜色) 服 dress up as sb. 打扮成为某人 dress sb./oneself 给某人或自己穿衣 [练习] 用 dress 构成的词组填空。 1). The boy ______ ______ ______ a short pant. 2). He ______ ______ ______ Christmas Father to amuse the children. 3). The kids are too young to ______ ______, so she has to ______ ______ every morning. 答案:1). was dressed in 2). dressed up as 3). dress them4. play a trick/tricks on 对某人搞恶作剧/诈骗/开玩笑;对某人施计谋 [典例] The kids are always playing tricks on their teacher. 孩子们老是对他们的老师搞恶作剧。 [短语归纳] play a joke/jokes on sb. = make fun of sb. 开某人的玩笑 [练习] 填介词或用所给词的适当形式填空。 1). He was let in by playing a trick _______ (介词) the guard. 2). She hated _______ (play) tricks on in public. 答案:1). on 2). being played laugh at sb. 嘲笑某人5. look forward to 盼望;期待 [典例] 1). I’m looking forward to seeing you this summer vacation. 我期待暑假见到你。 2). I’ m really looking forward to our vacation. 我盼望着假期早日到来。 [短语归纳] 短语中 to 是介词,后接名词、代词及动词-ing 形式: lead to 导致;通向 住;坚持 add to 增加 责,处理 get close to 接近;差点 attention to 注意…… put an end to 结束,停止 admit to 承认 devote...to 贡献……给;致力于…… get down to 着 手 做 … … get/be used to 习 惯 于 pay add up to 总计 compare......to 把……比作 see to 负 object to 反对 refer to 查阅;提到 stick to 粘[练习] 用所给词的适当形式填空。 1). The boy hurried forward ______ (see) the world-famous oil painting because he had been looking forward to ______ (see) it for a long time. 2). The day I had been looking forward to ______ (come). 3). I used to ______ (get) up late, but now I’ m used to ______ (get) up early. 答案:1). seeing 2). came 3). getting6. turn up 出现;到达;发现;调大(音量等) [典例] 1). It’ s time for the meeting, but he hasn’ t turned up. 到开会的时间了,但他还没到。 2). Please turn up the radio. I want to listen to the news. 请把收音机音量调大, 我想听听新闻。 [短语归纳] turn 短语: turn on 打开(煤气、自来水、电灯等) 弱,降低,拒绝 turn around/about 转过身来 turn out 生产,制造;(常与 to, that 连用)结果是 阅 [练习] 用 turn 词组填空。 1). Don’ t worry. The file is sure to ______ ______. 2). Please ______ the television ______ a bit, I can’ t hear clearly. 3). It ______ ______ that it was Tim who broke the vase. 4). The sad child ______ ______ his mother for comfort. 答案:1). turn up 2). up 3). turned out 4). turned to turn away 转过头 turn to sb./sth. (for help) 向……求助,查 turn off 关上 turn down 减7. keep one’ s word (= keep one’ s promise) 守信用;履行诺言 [典例] He never keeps his word. 他从不履行诺言。 [短语归纳] word 短语: break one’ s word/promise 违背诺言,失信 Word came that… 有消息传来说……leave word 留言,口信have/say the last word 下结论;说了算have a word with sb. 和某人说几句话have words with sb. 与某人争吵 take back one’s words 收回自己说过的话 in a/one word 总之,简言之 法用语言表达 [练习] 用 word 词组填空。in other words 换句话说,也就是说 in words 用文字 beyond words 无1). His score was only 53. ______ ______ ______, he failed in the exam. 2). Could I ______ ______ ______ with you, Miss Jones? 3). You’ ll find that she is a girl who always ______ ______ ______. 4). ______ ______ _______, I think he’ s a fool. 答案:1). In other words 2). have a word 3). keeps/breaks her word 4). In a word8. hold one’ s breath 屏息;屏住气 [典例] 1). How long can you hold your breath for? 你能屏住呼吸多久? 2). The audience held its/their breath as the acrobat walked along the tightrope. 杂技演员走钢丝 时, 观众都屏住了呼吸。 [短语归纳] breath 短语: (be) out of/short of breath 呼吸急促;喘不过气来;上气不接下气 住气;歇口气 lose one’ s breath 气喘嘘嘘;上气不接下气 正常呼吸 waste one’ s breath (on sb/sth)(对某人/某事物)白费唇舌 白费唇舌 [练习] 用 breath 短语填空。 1). He ______ ______ ______ while the results were read out. 2). They won’ t listen, so don’ t ______ ______ ______ telling them. 3). It’ s useless talking to him. You may as well ______ ______ ______. 4). It took us a few minutes to ______ ______ ______ ______after the race. 5). I’ m a bit ______ ______ ______ after my run. 答案:1). held his breath back 5). out of breath 2). waste your breath 3). save your breath 4). get our breath save one’ s breath 不必 get one’ s breath 恢复 catch one’ s breath 屏8. set off 出发;动身;使爆炸 [典例] 1). What time are you planning to set off tomorrow? 你打算明天几点钟启程? 2). The terrorist set off a bomb in the city centre and killed six people. 恐怖分子在市中心引爆了 炸弹,杀害了六个人。 [短语归纳] set 短语: set off for a place 出发到某地 事 set out 从某地出发上路 set sth up 摆放或竖起某物;创立,建立 节省或保留钱或时间 [练习] 用 set 词组填空。 1). The new government must ______ ______ finding solutions to the country’ s economic problems. 2). The children ______ ______ the fireworks in the yard. 3). She ______ ______ a bit of money every month. 4). They ______ ______a statue in honor of the national hero. 5). They’ ve ______ ______ on a journey round the world. 答案: 1). set about 2). set off 3). sets aside 4). set up 5). set off/out set out to do sth. 开始做某事 set sth aside 将某事物放在一边; (为某目的) set about doing sth 开始(某工作) ;着手做某Ⅴ.重点句子(旨在提供句子结构等所需材料) 重点句子1. The country is covered with cherry tree flowers so that it looks as though it might be covered with pink snow. 整个国度处处都是樱花盛开,看上去就像罩上了一层粉红的雪。[解释] as though / as if “好像”, 引导表语从句和方式状语从句: 1). 引导方式状语从句 She acted as though nothing had happened.她装得好像什么事也没发生过似的。 当从句主语和主句主语一致, 从句谓语中又含有动词 be 时, 可把主语和 be 一起省去。 He looked about as though (he was) in search of something.他四下张望, 好像寻找什么。 2). 引导表语从句 It looks as if it’ s going to rain.看样子天要下雨了。 3). as though 和 as if 从句用虚拟语气, 还是用陈述语气, 完全根据具体情况而定。如果从句 表示的意思与事实完全相反, 或者纯粹是一种假设, 通常用虚拟语气。 The child talks as if she were an adult. 那孩子说话的样子好象她是个大人。 [练习] 用所给词的适当形式填空。 1). The pencil looks as if it _______ (break) with half of it in the glass of water. 2). Li Ming speaks English very well as though he ______ (be) an Englishman. 3). It seems as if our team ______ (be) going to win. 4). He talks about pyramids as though he ______ (see) them himself. 答案: 1). were broken 2). were 3). is 4). had seen2. It was obvious that the manager of the coffee shop was waiting for Li Fang to leave. 很明显咖 啡店老板在等着李方离开。 [解释] It is/was + adj./n./p.p. + that-clause 结构: It was obvious/clear that …= obviously/ clearly, … “很明显……,显而易见……” It is necessary/ important/ strange/ natural + that + sb. should do It is a pity/a shame/ no wonder + that + sb. should do It is said/believed/reported/announced/expected/… + that … [练习] 翻译句子。 1). 真奇怪,这么重要的会议,他居然缺席。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 2). 显然,你错了。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 3). 他竟然向我们撒慌,真是可耻。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 4). 据报道,双方的会谈有进展。 _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ 答案:1). It was strange that he should have been absent from such an important meeting. 2). It is obvious that you are wrong. / Obviously, you’ re wrong. 3). It was a shame that he should have lied to us. 4). It is reported that the talks between the two sides are making progress.课文要点(模块) 课文要点(模块) Ⅰ.课文词汇填空(旨在复习本课文中的单词拼写和主要词语等) 课文词汇填空根据课文内容完成下面语法填空,注意单词拼写和词语用法: There are all kinds of celebrations 1 (遍及)the world. Different countries have 2 (death) or to satisfy thedifferent festivals. Festivals of the Dead are held to honour the ancestors. Festivals can also Festival honours the famous 5 3 4(hold) to honour famous people. In China, the Dragon Boat (古代的) poet, Ou Yuan. The most energetic and important 6 7 look forward to the end of winter and the coming of , people eat such things 8 dumplings, fish, 9(节日 )are Spring Festivals At the Spring Festival inspring.and meat and give children lucky money in red paper. Some western countries have very (excite) carnivals, which take place forty days before Easter, usually in 答案: 1. throughout 2. dead 8. as 9. exciting 3 be held 10 (二月) . 7. China4. ancient 5. festivals 6. which10. FebruaryⅡ.课文大意概括(旨在训练用 30 个单词概括大意的能力) 课文大意概括阅读课文,试着用 30 来个单词概括课文大意或翻译下面短文。 文章告诉了我们世界各地五种重要节日并解释了人民为什么, 在何时以及如何举行各种 活动来庆祝这些节日。 The passage tells us____________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ __ 答案: passage tells us five kinds of important festivals throughout the world and explains why, The when and how people hold different kinds of activities to celebrate them.Ⅲ.课文佳句背诵与仿写(旨在培养对难句的理解和写作能力) 课文佳句背诵与仿写1 【原句】 At that time people would starve if . (when) food was difficult to find, especially during the cold winter months. 在那个时代,如果食物难以找到,特别是在寒冷的冬月,人们就会挨 饿 [模仿要点]句子结构: when/ if +从句 , especially + 强调 【模仿 1】 在我们遇到麻烦时他总是乐于帮助我们, 尤其是在我们在英语学习中遇到困难时。 - _______________________________________________________________________________ __ 答案: is always ready to help us when we are in trouble, especially when we come across some He difficulties in our English studies2【原句】 .Today's festivals have many origins, some religions, some seasonal, and some for special people or events.现在的节日有很多由来,一些是宗教上的,一些是季节性的,一些是 纪念特殊的人和事件的。 [模仿要点] 句子结构: “一些…,一些…”表达 【模仿】我非常荣幸有机会和这么多优秀的同学一起学习,有些非常热心,有些非常勤奋, 有些非常善良。 _______________________________________________________________________________ __ 答案:It is an honor for me to have the chance to study with so many excellent/ good students, some warm-hearted , some diligent and some kind.3【原句】 India has a national festival on October 2 to honour Mohandas Gandhi, the leader who helped gain India's independence from Britain. [模仿要点] 句子结构:逗号+同位语+定语从句 【模仿】我忘不了布朗夫人,她是我的英语老师,在我感到沮丧的时候她总是鼓励我挑战自 己。 _______________________________________________________________________________ __ 答案:I will never forget Mrs Brown, my English teacher who always encouraged us to challenge myself when I was disappointed.4 【原句】The most energetic and important festivals are the ones that look forward to the end of winter and to the coming of spring. [模仿要点] 句子结构:…are the ones + 定语从句 【模仿】最有经验最有益的老师是那些不仅教给知识的人而且还是教你如果获取知识的人 _______________________________________________________________________________ __ 答案:The most experienced and helpful teachers are the ones who can not only offer us knowledge but also tell us the way how to gain knowledge.5【原句】 The country, covered with cherry tree flowers, looks as though it is covered with pink snow. [模仿要点] 句子结构:分词作定语 covered with …插入 looks as if /as though【模仿】他的房间到处都是各种不同的图书,看上去仿佛是个小图书馆。 _______________________________________________________________________________ __ 答案:His room, filled with all kinds of books here and there, looks as if it is a small library.模块) 单元自测 (模块)1 完形填空阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从 1―10 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中,选出最佳 选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 字数:202 完成时间: 分钟 14 难度:***Habits, whether good or bad, are gradually formed. When a person does a certain thing again, he is impelled( 推动, 迫使) by some unseen habit is formed. is therefore very often form 2 3 1 to do the s thus aa habit is formed, it is difficult, and sometimes impossible, to get rid of. It that we should pay great attention to the formation of habits. Children habits, some of which remain with them as ___6 7 5 . . Many successful as they live. Older__ 4persons also form bad habits, and sometimes become ruined byThere are other habits which, when formed in early life, are of great men say that much of their success has 8to do with certain habits in early life, such asearly rising, honesty and thoroughness(彻底性). Among the habits which children should not form are laziness, lying, stealing and so on, these are all been __10 We ought to keep from all these bad habits, and try to form such habits as will prove good for ourselves and others. 1. A. action 2.A. For B. courage B. Once C. force C. Because C. useful C. bad C. long C. one C. uselessness C. something C. difficult C. kept D. energy D. If D. helpful D. unchangeable D. early D. oneself D. hardness D. everything D. easily D. avoided 9 formed habits. Unfortunately older persons often form habits which ought to have3. A. possible B. important 4. A. good 5. A. far 6. A. themselves 7. A. help 8. A. anything 9. A. possible 10. A. forgotten 答案: B. useless B. soon B. them B. harm B. nothing B. hardlyB. remembered1.C 根据句意,此空是说“被一种无形的力量驱使”所以应该用 force,选 C。 2. B 这句意思是说“一旦形成习惯就很难摆脱” 。 3. B “因为习惯一旦形成很难改变,所以我们养成一种什么样的习惯是非常重要的” ,根 据上下的逻辑,这里应该选用 important。 4. C 根据后面“Older persons also form bad habits” ,得知这里应该选 C。 5. C “as long as they live”在文中表示这样的坏习惯会伴随他们一生。 6. B “老人有时候会被坏习惯毁灭” 这里应该填一个代词指代前面的坏习惯, , 所以用 them。 7. A 这句话承上启下,上文讲了坏习惯给人带来的影响,这里讲好习惯对人很有帮助。8. C “成功与好习惯有很大关系” ,与…有关是 have something to so with…。 9. D 这里应该填一个副词,所以首先排除 A 和 C,根据意思,是说这些坏习惯是很容易 形成的,故 D 是正确的。 10. D “避免形成这样的习惯” ,句子用的是被动语态,所以用 avoided 是正确的。 2.语法填空 2.语法填空阅读下面短文, 按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求, 在空格处填入一个适当的 词或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空,并将答案填写在答题卡标号为 1-10 的相应位置上。 字数:192 完成时间:9 分钟 难度:***Christ child Market is a pleasant festival for children in Kitchener, Canada. My husband, my daughter and I attended 1 this year.As we walked through Victoria Park, I breathed in the fresh smell of winter. The bare branches of the trees were shining with Christmas lights 2 the new-fallen snow. In the open 3 smiling as they held theirareas were children, parents, grandparents and their relatives, can dies in their hands and waited 4(patience) for the magic event to begin.As we joined the crowds, we quickly forgot about that COM, for I saw the excitement of the children and the 5 (welcome) smiles of the people around me. Soon the crowd moved to 6 7 (wait) for us. At the young children wereKitchener City Hall. In the distance we could see all the officials center of the square, the summertime fountain had turned to ice, playing about. 8 9the crowds walking into the square, the opening ceremony began: songs, dances and 10 , causingperformances. Then the Christmas lights on the Christmas tree were turnedeveryone to cheer with delight. Christ child Market officially opened! [语法填空] 作者在本文中主要介绍了自己参加加拿大的一个儿童节日的经历。 1.it 前面提到 Christ child Market 这个节日,这里缺少宾语,用 it。 2.against against 在这里是“以……为背景;衬托”的意思。在新雪的衬托下,树木光秃秃 的 树枝在圣诞节的灯光中熠熠生辉。3.all 前面提到 children, parents, grandparents and their relatives,那么他们所有的人都在微 笑, 用 all 指代他们所有人。 4.patiently patience 的副词形式是 patiently。 5.welcoming 6. waiting welcoming 的意思是“热情的,欢迎的,友好的” 。see sb. doing 表示“看见某人正在做……”7. where where 关系副词在从句中作状语表示前面的 at the center of the square。 8. Withwith 在这里表示“随着……”9. other 前面提到唱歌,跳舞,那么这里就是其他节目。 10. on 圣诞树上的圣诞灯被打开了,turn on 固定搭配。3.信息匹配 3.信息匹配请阅读下列应用文及相关信息,并按照要求匹配信息。请在答题卡上将对应题号的 相应选项字母涂黑。 以下是演讲会的资料: A Are you interested in “Dream of the Red Mansion”(Hong Lou Meng)? Listen to a lecture on this classical novel. Venue: National Museum of Chinese B “Jiaguwen” is among the oldest pictographic characters in the world.How much do you know about it? Get all the answers at this free lecture. Venue: (Beijing) Time: 9:00 A.m. Price: free Tel: 010 C
C Former United Nations interpreter Professor Wang Ruojin speaks about her experiences at the UN and shares her understanding of the cultural differences between East and West. Venue: National Library of China (Beijing) Time: 1:30 p.m. C 4:00 p. m. Price: free Tel: 010 C
D Qi Baishi, one of China’s greatest modern painters, was also a poet, calligrapher(书法 家 ) and seal-cutter( 刻 印 者 ). Can you appreciate his works? Then come to spend the time with us. Venue: Beijing Art Academy Time: 9:00 A.m. C 11:00 A.m. Price: 10 yuan Tel: 010 -
Dongcheng District LibraryModern Literature (Beijing) Time: 9:30 A.m. Price: free Tel: 010 C
E It is the year of the Dog, and you can see “Fu” everywhere. But how much do you know about dogs C man’s best friend? What is “Fu” and where does it come from? Why do people hang “Fu” character upside down on the door? Get all the answers from this free lecture. Venue: Capital Library (Beijing) Time: 2:00 p. m. Price: free Tel: 010 - F About 160 cultural relics from Guangdong, Macao and Hong Kong are on display to April 15th. Meanwhile experts will talk about the important roles these three cities have played in the past two thousand years of SinoCWestern exchanges. Venue: Beijing Art Museum Time: 2:00 p. m. C 5:00 p. m. Price: 20 yuan, students 10 yuan Tel: 010 - 以下是想去听演讲的人员的基本信息,请匹配适合他们的演讲内容。 1. Alice is now studying in Beijing University, and she is especially interested in Chinese writing. In her spare time she enjoys drawing, writing poems and is fond of sharing her pieces with her classmates. 2. Simon comes from Egypt. He is now studying in Beijing Art Academy. He shows great interest in Chinese ancient characters. Now he wants to know much about it. 3. Lora and Peter, visiting professors from Australia, are both crazy about Chinese traditional culture. At weekends they like to call on Chinese families to learn about Chinese festivals as well as their history. 4. Edward is a senior student in Beijing Foreign Language University. He likes traveling very much and has made up his mind to work as an interpreter for some jointCventure enterprises (合资 企业). 5. Steve and Mark are both studying in the Chinese Department of China’s Renmin University. They want to do some research on Chinese ancient literature. 答案: 答案: 1. D 由演讲中的信息:a poet, calligrapher, and seal-cutter;对应想去听演讲的人员的基本信 息:Chinese writing, drawing, writing poems。 2. B 由演讲中的信息:Jiaguwen, the oldest pictographic characters in the world, Chinese ancient characters。对应想去听演讲的人员的基本信息:He shows great interest in Chinese ancient characters. 3. E 由演讲中的信息:the year of the Dog, see “Fu” everywhere, Chinese festivals as well as their history。对应了想去听演讲的人员的基本信息 they are both crazy about Chinese traditional culture. 4. C 由演讲中的信息:interpreter, the cultural differences between East and West。对应 work as an interpreter for some jointCventure enterprises 5. A 由演讲中的信息: Dream of the Red Mansion(Hong Lou Meng), Chinese ancient literature。 对应 They want to do some research on Chinese ancient literature.4.基础写作 4.基础写作在当今世界, 了解最新信息是很关键的。 请你结合下面的提示, 写一篇关于信息的短文。 信息的重要性 1.在许多领域,成功与否取决于是看得到最新信息 2.失败与缺乏信息有关 信息的来源渠道 1.阅读报刊、收听广播、观看电视等 2.上网查询资料 信息的前景 信息将起着越来越重要的作用(写作要求) 1.必须使用 5 个句子介绍全部所给的内容。 2.将 5 个句子组织成连贯的一篇短文,使用必要的连接词。 _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________ [答案] In the modem world, it is important to be well informed, because success in many fields depends on getting the latest information. While, failure often results from the lack of necessary information. There are many ways of getting information. For example, we read newspapers and news magazines, listen to the news on the radio, watch it on television, and we can also surf the Internet for various kinds of information. It is believed that information will play a more and more important part in the future.同步测试英语科试卷I 基础知识运用(共三节, 基础知识运用 共三节,满分 20 分) 共三节 单词拼写(共 10 小题;每小题 0.5 分,满分 5 分) 第一节注意:第 1―4 小题写派生词;第 5―8 小题根据中文写出相应的英文单词;第 9―10 小题写出动词的过去时和过去分词形式。1. conclude -- _____________ (n.) 3. impress -- ______________ (a.) 5. 热情的, 热心的 a. ______________ 7. 周围的事物, 环境 n._____________ 9.2. describe -- ______________(n.)4. educate -- _______________ (a.) 6. 吸引; 引起注意 v. _______________ 8. 积极的, 肯定的 a. _______________ 10. buy -- ____________ --speak -- __________ -- ______________________ 第二节词组(共 10 小题;每小题 0.5 分,满分 5 分) ___________________________________________11. 有意义,行得通12. (在我)看来,(依我的)观点 _____________________________________ 13. 定居, 安下心来 _____________________________________________ 14. 对……有影响 _______________________________________________ 15. 为了纪念 __________________________________________________ 16. 以……为自豪 _____________________________________________17. 使某人想起某事 ____________________________________________ 18. 对… 感到乐观 ____________________________________________19. 使某人高兴的是 _____________________________________________ 20. 导致某事,造成某事 ___________________________________________ 第三节 句子翻译(共 5 小题;每小题 2 分,满分 10 分)21. 我觉得你第一次作这样的时间旅行,可能会感到有些困难。 _____________________________________________________________________ _ 22. 看来水是罪魁祸首。 _____________________________________________________________________ _ 23. John Snow 推测第二种说法是正确的,但是他需要证明。 _____________________________________________________________________ _ 24. 为了防止这种情况的再度发生,John Snow 建议所有水源都要经过检测。 _____________________________________________________________________ _ 25. 她最感兴趣的是那条通过天文台的经线。 _____________________________________________________________________ _ II 语言知识及应用 (共两节,满分 50 分) 共两节, 共两节 第一节 完形填空 (共 10 小题;每小题 2 分,满分 20 分) 阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从 21~30 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项 中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 The ancient Greek were very __26__ in the nature of the world around them and put forward many interesting theories to explain things. right, __27__ very often they were wrong. For example, two Greek thinkers believed that substances(物质) could not __28__ or broken up indefinitely. If you kept on breaking them __29__ to form smaller and smaller particles (粒子) , they would be so small in the end __30__ they could not be divided any further. The Greek word “ indivisible” is “atoms”, and so these smallest particles __31__ atoms, meaning that they could not be divided. But 2000 years later, in 1803 a British chemist named John Dalton declared that every chemical element(元素) was __32__ very small indivisible particles. Each element had its own special kind of particles, and when we __33__ these in different ways, all substances __34__ to man could be formed. Dalton followed the old Greek Sometimes they weretheory and named his indivisible particles atoms, and most scientists of his time __35__ him. ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( )26. A. interested )27. A. and )28. A. divide )29. A. up )30. A. and )31. A. was named )32. A. made )33. A. connect )34. A. known )35. A. agreed B. participating B. so B. divided B. into B. that B. named B. made of B. unite B. come B. agree C. joining C. but C. dividing C. on C. as to C. name C. made up C. link C. referred C. agreed with D. taken D. for D. be divided D. down D. after D. were named D. made up of D. combine D. meant D. agreed in第二节 语法填空 (共 20 小题,每小题 1.5 分,满分 30 分) 阅读下面短文,按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求,在空格处填入 一个适当的词或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空, 并将答案填写在答题卡标号为 36~55 的相应位置上。 (1) ) One day, a poor traveler arrived in a small village. He didn’t have food __36__ money, so he had not eaten in days. The one thing he had was a cooking pot. Then, he poured in some water and placed it on a small fire. When a few villagers asked __37__ he was doing, he replied that he __38__ (make) Stone Soup which was __39__ ancient tasty recipe (配方) passed down to him __40__ his ancestors(祖先). He then dropped in a stone into the pot. __41__ the soup warmed, the traveler told them the __42__ (excite) things he'd seen. He tasted his soup and said it was coming along nicely, but a bit of salt and a few carrots would bring out the flavor(味道). One curious villager did bring him some salt and __43__ villager gave him some carrots from home. This continued on with the traveler casually asking for onions, a bit of meat and potatoes. Finally, everyone could enjoy the tasty meal __44__ was prepared for them from just a stone, and a few other items. That is to say, working together, with a bit of everyone’s __45__ (contribute), we can be successful. (2) ) Long time ago, my great-grandfather ran a hotel downtown back. Folks __46__ (travel) through town would need a place to wash off the road dust, eat, and sleep. Every room in his hotel would be filled at most nights, but that is every room except one! As the story goes, this __47__ (thrill) room was haunted(被鬼缠). It was said that when the hotel was newly built a man fought for a girl in the bar. He __48__ (beat) in the left eye and finally died right there in the room. Since then, __49__ was able to sleep there because of __50__ ghost. A few years later, a young man wanted to rest in this hotel. It happened that __51__ was only this one room left! My grandpa told __52__ about the ghost, but the man said, &Wow! A REAL GHOST? Cool!& Then, he took a bath and __53__ (get) ready for bed. Meanwhile, he heard, &I'm the ghost __54__ one black eye.& However, the man shouted back, &Well, I'm a soldier and you don't scare me! __55__ you don't shut up, you're going to be the ghost with TWO black eyes!& Ⅲ 阅读 (共两节,满分 50 分) 共两节, 共两节 第一节 阅读理解 (共 20 小题;每小题 2 分,满分 40 分) 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中,选出最佳选项,并在答 题卡上将该项涂黑。 A It’s a man’s world, and many women don’t like it. The women say they are treated like second-class citizens and therefore feel that their anger is justified. Women everywhere, they say, earn less money than men for the same kind of work. Women have less power in their communities than men, and in most cities and towns the political decisions are made by men. There are few women mayors or city officials. The same thing is true in labor unions, and religious groups. Even in unions where the members are almost all women, the heads of the unions are men. The presidents of almost all the big corporations in the country are men. There are few women ministers and no women priests. Many women have been aware of these inequalities for a long time. Only recently, however, a drive for women’s rights made many more women and men,too, interested in fair treatment for women. Groups have formed to demand equal pay for equal work, changes in abortion laws, and round-the-clock day-care centers for children. Women have even started their own newspapers to fight for their cause. They have written books and marched in parades protesting their second-class place in society. 56. What is the main idea of this passage? A. Women want to make more money. B. Women hate the man’s world. C. Women are organizing to demand their rights. D. Women’s liberation. 57. What is the important problem explained in this passage? A. Women have joined protest groups. B. The heads of most unions are men. C. Women are treated unfairly in their work, communities, and religious groups. D. Women don’t like men. 58. What is the purpose of this passage? A. To persuade women to join women’s rights groups. B. To explain why a drive for women’s rights has started. C. To explain how it feels to be a woman in a man’s world. D. To help more women get equal treatment with men. 59. In this passage the words “second-class citizens” mean _______. A. people who are treated as foreigners B. people who are not citizens C. people who are not treated fairly in their life and work D. people who don’t want to be first-class citizens 60. Which of the following statements is NOT true? A. Women don’t like to be treated as second-class citizens. B. Women make the same amount of money as men for the same kind of work. C. Men make political decisions in most places in U. S. A. D. Women started their own newspapers and wrote books to fight for their equal rights. B &Mark Twain& was the name used by Samuel Langhorne Clemens () when he wrote books. His father was a lawyer, but a poor one, who lived at Florida, Missouri. The family was so poor that Samuel did not receive much teaching. He had to learn all that he could from the people whom he met. His father died when he was very young, and then there was even less money than before. Many of the men in this part of America worked in the ships on the great River Mississippi, and he did this himself at one time (1857). Where did he find the name &Mark Twain&? It came from the great river itself. It was part of one of the cries used by men who worked in the ships. When a man called &By the mark twain!& he meant that the river was &two marks deep& there, that is to say, six feet deep ( &Twain& is an old form of the word &Two&.) Samuel Clemens often heard these words when he was young, and he used them as a penname all his life. During his work on the Mississippi he met travelers of all kinds, and this helped him a great deal when he started to write. But the number of travelers became smaller when war started in America in 1861. Many of the great ships on the river stopped work. Samuel left then and went to Nevada with his brother, who was at that time Governor of Nevada. There, near the town of Carson, Samuel became a gold miner, but he never made much money at the time. He soon saw that life in the gold mines was not for him. He also tried writing for the newspapers in Nevada, and this seemed more hopeful. He found that he could write. He went to Europe in 1867 and visited France and Italy. In 1870 he married Olivia Langdon, and two years later he was spending nearly all his time writing. Among his books is his own story (1908). He is now always known as Mark Twain, and many people do not even know that his family name was Clemens. He traveled in America and in England, and went to Oxford in 1907. He was one of the greatest American writers of the time, and could ake his readers laugh C a thing which few writers can do. He died in 1910. 61. &Mark Twain& was _________. A. a famous American writer C. a great river in America B. name of a book D. a large ship62 As a child, Samuel did not get much education because _________. A. his father died too early B. the family was very poor C. he disliked school very much D. he could learn what he liked from the people he met 63. What gave him a great deal when he started writing? _______ A. His poor childhood B. The Mississippi river D. His brotherC. All kinds of travelers he met64. We can infer from the passage that ________. A. Samuel loved writing from his early age B. Samuel did not love writing at the beginning C. his writings to the newspaper were successful D. his brother encouraged him to write more 65. According to the writer of the passage, a good writer could _________. A. write a lot for his readers C. cause his readers to laugh B. make a lot of money for his family D. travel everywhere he wanted C They say that Mexico is a country no one ever leaves. Every year, millions of tourists pass through, and Mexicans happily warn that a part of them will remain behind forever. Most visitors are vacationing North Americans who end up on the brilliant beaches of Cancun, Acapulco, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. The beaches, of course, are among the world’s best C but those who venture (探险) inland are rewarded with the true soul of Mexico. And it is a big soul. The Republic of Mexico is vast, consisting of nearly two million square miles of coastline, desert, rain forest, mountains, and fertile plains. From the American borderlands of the wide, agriculturally rich north, the country narrows gently as it sweeps south and east. The two main mountain ranges, the Sierra Madre Occidental and the Sierra Madre Oriental, hug the west and east, finally merging into the volcanically active central highlands and the capital, Mexico City C the most populous city in the world. Further south, the country narrows to only 100 miles, then broadens again before reaching the Guatemalan border. There are two major peninsulas (半岛) in Mexico: the Baja Peninsula to the west and the Yucatan peninsula to the east. The population is about 106 million, and the generosity (慷慨大方) of the Mexican people is unsurpassed. Knowing a few simple sentences in Spanish will win hearts. Mexico has been graced with an unusually temperate (适度的) climate all year round. The most important thing to remember is that the Mexican summer is also the rainy season, although the rain rarely lasts more than a few hours, and typically arrives in the late afternoon. Extremes are present only in the north and in Baja, both of which have deserts where the temperature leaps above 100H. Mexico City has a year-round temperature in the high 80s, while the coasts usually stay in the mid-90s. Night time temperatures fall somewhat, but rarely break down below a comfortable 60H. 66. All of the following are names of beaches EXCEPT _______. A. Puerto Vallarta B. Cancun C. Guatemala D. Mazatlan67 . The Republic of Mexico ________. A. has two small peninsulas altogether B. has a population of about 106 million C. has nearly 2 million square miles of desert D. has two main mountain ranges going from north to west 68. The underlined world “unsurpassed” in the third paragraph probably means “_____”. A. best known B. limited C. traditional D. out of date69 . You may suffer extreme temperatures if you go to _____. A. the east 70. B. the west C. the south D. the northWhich of the following is NOT mentioned in the passage? A. Geography. B. History. D Can you understand the beginning of this essay(散文,文章)? “My smmr hols wr CWOT. B4, we usd 2go2 NY 2C my bro, his GF & 3 kds C. Language. D. Climate.FTF.” The Scottish teacher who received it in class had no idea what the girl who wrote it meant. The essay was written in a form of English used in cell phone text messages. Text messages (also called SMS) through cell phones became very popular in the late 1990s. At first, mobile phone companies thought that text messaging would be a good way to send messages to customers, but customers quickly began to use the text messaging service to send messages to each other. Teenagers in particular enjoyed using text messaging, and they began to create a new language for messages called “texting.” A text message is limited to 160 characters, including letters, spaces, and numbers, so mess- ages must be kept short. In addition, typing on the small keypad of a cell phone is difficult, so it's common to make words shorter. In texting, a single letter or number can represent a word, like “r” for “are,” “u” for “you,” and “2” for “to.” Several letters can also represent a phrase, like “lol” for “laughing out loud.” Another characteristic of texting is the leaving out of letters in a word, like spelling “please” as “pls.” Some parents and teachers worry that texting will make children bad spellers and bad writers. The student who wrote the essay at the top of this page said writing that way was more comfortable for her. (The essay said, “My summer holidays were a complete waste of time. Before, we used to go to New York to see my brother, his girlfriend, and their three kids face to face.”) Not everyone agrees that texting is a bad thing. Some experts say languages always develop, and this is just another way in which English is changing. Other people believe texting will disappear soon. New technology for voice messages may soon make text messages a thing of the past. 71. What is the writer's opinion of text messaging? A. The writer does not give his opinions. C. It will make children bad writers. B. It is not bad for children. D. It is fun and easy to do.72. Which characteristic of texting is NOT described in the passage? A. Using letters to represent words. B. Using phrases to represent essays. C. Using letters to represent phrases. D. Using numbers to represent words. 73. Which of the following was most probably the title of the student's essay? A. My Smmr Hols B. CU in LA C. My GF D. My Gr8 Tchr74. Why do some people think that texting is bad? A. It costs too much. C. Teenagers won't learn to write correctly. B. It's too difficult to type. D. It's not comfortable.75. Why aren't some people worried about the effect of texting? A. Not many people use texting. B. Spelling in English is too difficult. C. Teenagers quickly become bored with texting. D. Texting will disappear because of new technology. 第二节 信息匹配 (共 5 小题;每小题 2 分,满分 10 分)有些怀旧的影片值得我们永远观赏与品味。 阅读 76 至 80 中想要观赏怀旧影片的个人信 息介绍和 A 至 F 中六部怀旧影片的信息介绍,为影片观赏者选择合适的影片。 A.Gandhi Gandhi is the biography of Mahatma Gandhi,who became the famous leader of the Indian movement against the British through his philosophy of non-violent protest(非暴力抗争).This film describes his life and times and how he managed to free his country from the British rule using peaceful means. B.Gettysburg It is a film directed by Ronald F.Maxwell which presents a lifelike picture of the Gettysburg War.the turning point of the Civil War.The famous speech The Gettysburg Address by Abraham Lincoln is relate(f to this war. C.Roman Holiday Roman Holiday,a 1953 romantic comedy,introduced American audiences to Belgian-born actress Audrey Hepburn.The film was remade for television in 1987. Princess Anne signs up for a very popular tour of all the European capitals;however,when she arrives in Rome,she becomes dissatisfied with her very restricted(受限制)schedule. D.The Sound of Music The Sound of Music is a 1956 film directed by Robert wise and starring Julie Andrews in the lead role.The film is based on the Broadway musical The Sound of Music,with songs written by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II,and with the musical book written by the writing team of Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse.Ernest Lehman wrote the screenplay. E.A Beautiful Mind This is a 2001 American film about John Forbes Nash.The story begins in the early years of Nash’s life at Princeton University,as he develops his“original idea”that will revolutionize the world of mathematics.Early in the movie,Nash begins developing schizophrenia(精神分裂 症)and brings a heavy burden upon his wife and friends. F.Evita Eva(Evita)Peron,started out life as a poor girl who went on to become an actress and then the wife of the president of Argentina,Juan Peron.The musical is a story of love and polities.Evita’s huge political influence and constant charity(慈善)work earned her love from people all over the country.She is described-as the most beloved woman in Argentina.76.These days Ada and her classmates are arguing about whether a woman can play an important role in the political area as Hillary. ,111ey are searching for any useful information about women and politics. 77.Albert shows great interest in Asian history.These days he is busy collecting information about how people in Asia fought against colonists(殖民者)in the 1930s.He thinks the people from that time were very great. 78.Elva realizes that it is difficult to combine music and performance perfectly so she wants to watch more films and plays that are full of music. 79.Ivy is something of a dreamer.She is always hoping that one day she will come across a boy in an unexpected situation.In her opinion,films like that are the most romantic. 80.Tim majors in science,but these days he finds it difficult to concentrate on his work.He’s not sure if he’s fit for the course so he wants to watch a film that can give him some courage.写作: Ⅳ 写作:读写任务 (共 1 小题 满分 30 分) 共 小题, 阅读下面的短文,然后按照要求写一篇 150 词左右的英语短文。 As is said by officials of the Beijing Committee of Education, there will be a new regulation(法规) that put more responsibilities on schools. Schools will bear legal responsibilities(法律责任) if students suffer physical harm on campus due to neglect(疏忽) or lack of prevention measures,.According to a regulation that the committee made recently, if schools are proven responsible for students’ physical harm, they will have to pay compensation(赔偿) up to 200,000 yuan a year for each injured student. Many schools lack effective security measures and injured students have difficulty getting financial compensation. The regulation is aimed to solve such problems. The regulation is to be in force on Jan. 1, 2004. With the regulation focused on prevention, the regulation put forward some suggestions that schools should follow to avoid injuries. For example, as indicated by the regulation, fire fighting equipment should be provided in line with national security requirements and priority(首要) should be given to students' personal safety during classes or extracurricular activities. However, with the regulation in force, in order to avoid falling into trouble, some schools cancel most sport activities for fear that students might get injured when having sports. And this has caused opposition from students and parents. The Beijing Committee of Education and Beijing Branch of Ping An Insurance Company signed an agreement, allowing the insurance company to cover (负责) schools’ responsibility. The agreement covers public kindergartens, elementary and secondary schools. So far, the insurance company has paid for over 20 cases. [写作内容] 1. 概括短文的内容要点, 该部分的字数大约 30 词左右。 2. 就 “Should sport activities be cancelled?” 这个主题发表你的看法, 该部 分的字数大约 120 左右: a) 简要论述取消体育活动的利弊; [写作要求] 你可以使用实例或其它论述方法支持你的论点,也可以参照阅读材料的内 容,但不要抄袭阅读材料中的句子。 [评分标准] 概括的准确性、语言的规范性、内容的合适性以及篇章的连贯性。 b) 你的看法; c) 你的建议。 参考答案 1. positive, 2. pessimistic, 3. possibility 4. attractive 5. enthusiastic 6. pollute 7. surroundings 8. arrange 9. brought, brought 10. lay lain 2. 词组: 1. consist of 2. from my point of view 3. take the place of 4. have an influence on similar to 3. 句子翻译 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. It seemed that the water was to blame. When people refer to England you find Wales included as well. What interested her most was the longitude line. It looked splendid when first built. Exhausted, I slid into bed and fell fast asleep. DDDAC 38. was making 43. another 39. an 40. from 45. contributions 50. the 55. If 5. leave a …impression on 6. be proud of/take pride in 7. be8. in honor of /in memory of 9. to one’s delight 10. lead to完形填空:AC DAB 36. or, 41. As 37.42. exciting 47. thrilling 52. himABCCC44. that/which 49. nobody 54. with ABACD46. travelling 51. there56 C 75 CCBCB48. was beaten 53. gotCBADB76-80FADCEThe passage introduces a new regulation that schools will be responsible for students’ physical injure caused by schools’ neglect or lack of prevention measures. Therefore, some schools cancel sport activities for their own benefits. Now, some schools cancel sport activities, for the simple reason that they don’t want to fall into any trouble. This is seemingly good for schools’ management and operation. But as we all know, students are at the best time of physical development. Sport activities provide them a good chance, which does good to their health. What’s more, sports give them a chance to relax from the task of study, which will in return benefit their study. In my opinion, schools should not cancel sport activities just for their benefit. They should take students’ health problem seriously, focusing on students’ future development. Meanwhile, when schools offer sport activities, they should instruct teachers and students to be careful, take preventive measures, and don’t forget the most important thing:buy insurance for all students against accidents.高一英语必修三导学案 高一英语必修三导学案 必修三Unit 2 Healthy eating单元要点预览(旨在让同学整体了解本单元要点) 单元要点预览词语 辨析 1. diet / food 2. offer / provide / supply 3. strength / power / force4. glare / stare / glance 1. health n. 健康 healthy adj.健康的; 有 益健康的 2. sugar n.糖 vt.在……中 加糖 3. curiosity n. 好奇心 sugary adj. 甜的, 含糖 的;甜言蜜语的 curious adj. 好奇的 curiously adv. 好奇地 weaken v.(使)变弱, (使) 减弱 strong adj. 强壮的;牢 固的 digestive adj.消化的, 易 消化的 beneficial adj. 有益的 healthily adv. 健康地词形 词 变化 汇 部 分4. weakness n.虚弱,衰弱, weak adj.虚弱的;(能 软弱;弱点,缺点 5. strength n. 力气;长处 力等)差的;微弱的 strengthen vt. 加强; 巩固 6. digest vt.消化;吸收,领 悟 n.文摘 7. benefit v.& n. 有益于; 得益于;利益,好处 digestion n.消化(力)1. balance n. 天平,平衡;余额,余数 v. 平衡;权衡 2. curiosity n. 好奇心 重点 3. limit vt.&n. 限制;限定 单词 4. benefit vt. 有益于;vi. 得益于(常与 from, by 连用) n. 利益,好处;津贴 5. combine vt.&vi. (使)联合;结合 1. be tired of 对……厌烦了 2. ought to aux. 应当;应该(没有人称和数的变化,后接动词原形) 3. lose weight 体重减轻;减肥 重点 词组 4. get away with 偷携某物潜逃;受到(较轻的惩罚)或逃避惩罚 5. tell a lie 说谎 6. earn one’ s living 谋生 7. in debt 欠债 8. before long 不久以后 1. Nothing could be better. 2. Something terrible must have happened if Maochang was not coming to eat 重点句子 with his as he always did. 3. He couldn’ t have Yong Hui getting away with telling people lies. 重点语法 1.情态动词的完成式的用法 2.双重性情态动词的用法(见语法部分)语言要点(模块) 语言要点(模块)Ⅰ.词语辨析 (旨在提供完形填空所需材料)1. diet / food 【解释】 diet 指通常吃的食物,尤指规定的食谱[如治疗疾病或减轻体重的食物],还可作动词“节 食” 。常用搭配:be/get/go on a diet 进行节食 put sb. on a diet 限制某人的饮食 food 指人或动物所需的食物;或植物所需的养料。 【练习】根据句子意思用 diet,food 的适当形式填空。 1). We cannot survive without _______ and drink. 2). The doctor says I’ ve got to go on a _______. 3). The doctor put me on a low-salt _______ to reduce my blood pressure. Keys: 1). food 2). diet 3). diet2. offer / provide / supply 【解释】 offer“提出,提供,呈现” ,表示向别人提供帮助,服务或物品。 搭配:offer to do sth / offer sb sth /offer sth to sb provide“供给,提供,装备,准备” ,强调有预见,并通过储存或准备的方式为某事做准 备,以在需要时提供所需物品。搭配:provide sb with sth / provide sth for sb supply“供给,补充,弥补” ,表示替换或不足所需之物以及弥补缺陷,满足要求的意思; 也作名词, “供给(量),物资,存货” 。搭配:supply sb with sth / supply sth for/to sb 【练习】根据句子意思填介词或用 offer,provide,supply 的适当形式填空。 1). The project is designed to _______ young people _______work. 2). He _______ to lend me some books. 3). He _______ me 300 dollars _______ that television. 4). We ______ power to the three nearby towns. Keys: 1). with 3. strength / power / force 【解释】 strength 用于身体指力气力量;用于物体指承受或抗拉的强度;也可指长处。 power 用于人体、机械或风时指可应用的能量,也可指电力、权力和能力。 force 用于爆炸、风暴或打击时指释放的能量及其对物体的冲击力;也可指暴力。 【练习】根据句子意思用 strength,power,force 的适当形式填空。 1). I will do everything in my _______ to help you. 2). We can use the _______ of the wind to make electricity. 3). He used all his _______ to lifted the heavy box. 4). The soldiers took the prisoners away by _______. Keys: 1). power 2). power 3). strength 4). force 2). offered 3). for 4). supply4. glare / stare / glance 【解释】 glare at sb. 对某人怒视,怒目而视 stare at sb. (由于惊奇、害怕、生气或深思而睁大眼睛) 对某人凝视,盯着看 glance at sb. 对某人瞥一眼,粗略地看,浏览 【练习】根据句子意思用 glare,stare,glance 的适当形式填空。 1). She _______ shyly at him and then lowered her eyes. 2). The two boys _______ at each other before they fought. 3). My father_______ at the stranger for a long time as if they had known each other before. Keys: 1). glanced 2). glared 3). staredⅡ.词形变化(旨在提供语法填空所需材料) 词形变化1. health n. 健康 2. sugar n.糖 vt.在……中 加糖 3. curiosity n. 好奇心 healthy adj.健康的;有益健康的 sugary adj. 甜的,含糖的;甜言 蜜语的 curious adj. 好奇的 curiously adv. 好奇地 healthily adv. 健康地4. weakness n.虚弱,衰弱, weak adj.虚弱的; (能力等)差的; weaken v.(使)变弱, (使)减弱 软弱;弱点,缺点 5. strength n. 力气;长处 微弱的 strengthen vt. 加强; 巩固 6. digest vt.消化;吸收,领 悟 n.文摘 7. benefit v.& n. 有益于; 得益于;利益,好处 【练习】用括号内所提供词的适当形式填空。 1). You look much ________ (health) th}

我要回帖

更多关于 make excuse 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信