i,ii iet you have a good onegood.

《海上钢琴师》台词【中国科学技术大学吧】_百度贴吧
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&签到排名:今日本吧第个签到,本吧因你更精彩,明天继续来努力!
本吧签到人数:0成为超级会员,使用一键签到本月漏签0次!成为超级会员,赠送8张补签卡连续签到:天&&累计签到:天超级会员单次开通12个月以上,赠送连续签到卡3张
关注:129,506贴子:
《海上钢琴师》台词收藏
那一句句经典的台词、那一句句经典的对白!啊!
AutoTDS-V1型全自动热解吸仪是一款20位常温二次全自动热解吸仪,气路采....
中英文对照版,转载。
I stiII ask myseIf if I did the right thing, abandoning his floating city. 我还在问我自己,究竟有没有做错 把他那漂浮的城市遗弃了 I don't just mean for the work. 我不仅仅指工作 The fact is, a friend Iike that 事实上,那样的朋友 a reaI friend, 一个真正的朋友 you won't meet again 你不会再遇上 if you decide to go on Land, 如果你想上岸 if you just want to feeI something soIid under your feet 如果你只是想感受一下 脚踩到东西的感觉 and then you no Ionger hear the music of the gods around you. 那么你就不会再听到上帝的音乐 But, Iike he used to say : 但是正如他经常说的 ''You're never reaIIy done for as Iong as you've got a good story 有了好故事 and someone to teII it to.'' 才会去告诉别人 The troubIe is that no-one wouId beIieve a singIe word of my story. 问题是没有人会相信我说的话 It happened everytime that someone wouId Iook up and see her. 每次都有人抬起头来看她 It's difficuIt to understand. 真难理解 I mean,there were more than a thousand of us onthat ship, 我指的是我们有1000多人在船上 traveIIing richfoIk, immigrants, 旅游的富人,移民 strange peopIe and us. 陌生的人,还有我们 Yet,there was aIways one, just one 可总是有一个人,就一个人 who wouId see her first. 会首先看到她 Maybe he was just sitting there eating 也许他刚好在那吃东西 or waIking on the deck. 或者在甲板上散步 Maybe he was just there fixing his pants. 也许他刚好在那摆弄裤子 He'd Iook up for a second, gIance out to sea 他把头抬起一秒钟,眺望大海 and he'd see her. 他就看到她了 Then he'd just stand there, rooted to the spot, his heart racing. 他站在那,一动也不动 他的心在狂跳 And everytime, I swear every damned time, 每一次,我发誓真的是每一次 he'd turn towards us,to the ship, towards everybody and scream... 他转向我们,转向大家,然后大叫 America ! “美国” I Iost a Iot of money betting on who'd be the first to see her, 在打赌谁是第一个看到她中 我输了很多钱 America. 美国 片名:海上钢琴师 It's a miracIe, SantaRosaIia ! 这是个奇迹,罗莎莉 What do you mean SantaRosaIia, it'sthe Madonna di Lourdes ! 罗莎莉是什么意思 圣母玛利亚的意思 The one who sees America first. There's one on every ship ! 这是首先看到美国的人. 每艘船上都有一个 And don't be thinking it's an accident or some opticaI iIIusion. 不要认为这是海市蜃楼 It's destiny. 这是命运 Those are peopIe who had that precise instant stamped on their Iife. 这些人生命中就注定有这么一刻 And when they were kids, you couId Iook into their eyes 当他们是小孩子时 你可以透过他们的眼睛 and if you Iooked carefuIIy, you'd aIready see her, 看到她,如果你认真看的话 America. 美国 I've seen a few Americas ! 我见过一些美国人 Six years on that ship, five crossings a year : 在那船上6年,每年跑5个来回 Europe,America and back. AIways soaking in the ocean. 去欧洲,美国,返回来 老是泡在海上 When you stepped on Iand you couIdn't even piss straight in the john.
在岸上几乎撒尿都不准 It was steady, the john I mean, 厕所是固定的 but you'd keep bobbing Iike an idiot. 但是你却像傻子一样不停地动 You can get off a ship aII right, but off the ocean . . . 离开船还可以,可是离开大海就… I was just cIosing. What can I do for you? 我正要关门. 有什么可以帮你的吗? When I boarded I was twenty-four years oId, 上岸的时候,我24岁 and onIy cared about one thing in Iife : pIaying the trumpet. 只担心一件事:吹喇叭 I'm seIIing it. 我要卖掉它 A Conn. 康涅狄格州的 Not bad. 不错 Best brass money can buy ! 上等黄铜做的,能卖个好价钱 CouId be, in its day. 不过是在以前 Been a whiIe since you pIayed, eh ? 你用了好一段时间了吧 If you mean for money, a coupIe of years. 如果你是指价钱的话,用了几年了 But I've never stopped pIaying it to get rid of the bIues. 但我一直吹它来赶走忧郁 Don't get me wrong . . . 不要误解我 The greatest jazz pIayers bIew through brass Iike that. 好的爵士乐手都是这样做的 I'm sure they did, but after the war, peopIe want sweet sounds. 我知道,但是战后 大家都想听轻松点的音乐 They want bright sounds, forget jazz ! 他们想要明快的音乐 忘记爵士吧 This now, is just a coIIector's item. 现在这只是用来收藏而已 Nine pounds fifty, not apenny more. 9.5镑,一分也不能多了 Christ, that's onIy 9 or10 doIIars ! 天啊,只值9镑或10镑 That horn's my whoIe Iife. 这喇叭是我的生命 Okay, no-one's going to rememberme Iike BuddyBoIden or Satchmo, 当然,没有人会记得我 but even as anobody I'm worth more than 9 Iousy doIIars ! 但普通人也不止9镑吧 If you put it Iike that, I don't think it's worth even haIf a crown ! 如果你这样比喻的话 我觉得你连半镑也不值 Shut the door when you Ieave, pIease. 离开的时候请关上门 Okay, Pops,you win ! 好,按你说的做 You just bought yourseIf a piece of musicaI history. 你买了一段历史 If you want some advice, 如果你想听意见的话 go out now and get something hot to eat.
我建议你现在就走,喝点热的 At Ieast Iet me pIay it one Iast time. 至少让我最后吹一次 I don't have time to waste ! 我不想浪费时间 AII right. 好了 Hurry up though, I'm cIosing. 快点,我要关门了 Thank you. 谢谢 Two peas in apod,wouIdn't you say? 你不是想说同病相怜吧 Are you aII right? PIease don't faint in here. 你没事吧?不要晕倒在这里 It's the music that you just pIayed. Don't you recognise it ? 这是你刚才弹奏的音乐 认不出了吗 What is it ? 这音乐叫什么 It doesn't have aname. 没有名字 OnIy a handfuI of peopIe have had the priviIege of hearing it. 只有少数人有幸听过它 What styIe ! 什么流派的 I've been wondering since this morning, 自从今天早上我就一直很想知道 but I can't work out who this amazing piano pIayer is. 我想不出究竟是谁弹得如此美妙 I don't think you've ever heard of him. 我想你没有听说过他 Who is he ? 他是谁 If ItoId you that this pianist never existed, I wouIdn't be Iying. 如果我告诉你,这个钢琴家 根本不存在,我是说实话 I don't Iike secrets. They're Iike dirty underwear ! 我不喜欢秘密,就像肮脏的内衣裤 Come on,Yank, who the deviI is pIaying ? 说吧,究竟是谁弹的 It's my secret. 这是我的秘密 It was the first year of this frigging century, 那是这该死的世纪的第一年 as defined by an unknown coIoured coaI stoker on the Virginian. 正如弗吉尼亚号上的一个 烧煤黑人说的那样 Rich ass bastards ! OnIy Iose dirty handkerchiefs and cigarette butts ! 有钱人是狗崽子 只留下脏的手帕和烟头 Nevera watch, even a dented one, oran odd cuff-Iink. 从不留下手表,即使是表面 凹凸的手表,衫袖链扣之类的东西 Not even afake ****ing ring ! 也不会有假的戒指 Hey, Iook here, a whoIe cigar ! 看这儿,有个完整的香烟 Must have been some rich pauperat the party. 肯定是有些败家子在宴会上 Look at this shit ! Damn rich ! 看,该死的有钱人 They never forget anything, except when they owe you money. 他们不会忘记任何事 除非他们欠你的钱 What the heII are you doing here ? 你在这干什么 T.D. Lemons. T.D.柠檬 HeIIo, Lemon ! 你好柠檬 Immigrant business ! 移民的生意 Give birth in secret somewhere on deck 在甲板的某个地方 悄悄地生了个孩子 and then Ieave onthe ship another mouth to feed ! 然后留给船上的其他人养 That's big troubIe withthe immigration office ! 移民局有麻烦了 What can a kid Iike him be when he grows up ? Anotherimmigrant ! 小孩长大以后什么样子呢? 又一个移民 Don't Iisten to those bastards. Go on, Iap it up boy ! 不要听他们胡说.来,舔一下 It's miIk. 这是牛奶 They Ieft this one in first cIass hoping some rich guy wouId take him 他们把小孩留在头等舱 想有个有钱人收养他 and give him a happy Iife. 给他幸福的生活 -Isn't that right, Danny? -What do you think ? 丹尼,你说对吗?你说呢 And who does the IittIe ape get instead? A poor worthIess nigger ! 现在谁收养了?一个穷光蛋的黑鬼 **** poverty, you stinking sewerrats !
见鬼去吧,穷!讨厌的沟渠老鼠 T.D.was written onthe box, do you rats know what that means ? 篮子上写着“T.D.”. 你们这些老鼠知道是什么意思吗 I forgot, you can't read ! 哦,我忘记了,你们不识字 I'II teII you what it means, it means Thanks Danny ! 我告诉你们吧 是“谢谢丹尼”的意思 They Ieft that boy for me and I'm keeping him. 他们把孩子留给我 让我来照顾他 -What are you going to caII him ? -That's a probIem. 你叫他什么,这是个问题 I didn't think of that. 我没想过 To start with, I'II give him myname, DannyBoodman. 我会让他跟我姓,叫丹尼布曼 Then I'II put T.D. inthe middIe Iike the rich put on their cuff-Iinks. 我会把T.D.放在中间 就像富人们在衫袖链扣上写的那样 It's cIassy to put Ietters inthe middIe of a name. 把字母放在名字中间很经典 AII the ****ing Iawyers have got them in the middIe of their names. 所有该死的律师都是 把字母放在名字中间的 One of mine was caIIed John P.T.K.Wonder. 我的律师中有一个就叫做 约翰P.T.K华德 -The one who sent you to jaiI ? -What a good memory you've got ! 就是送你进监狱的那个吗? 真好的回忆 If my son grows up to be aIawyer, I'II kiII him ! 如果我儿子长大以后做律师 我就杀了他 But his name's goingto be DannyBoodman T.D. Lemon. 但是他的名字还是 叫丹尼布曼T.D.柠檬 -What do you think ? -It's up to you.You're his mother ! 你们觉得怎样? 你决定吧,你是他的母亲 I Iike it, but it's short. It needs an ending. “我喜欢,不过太短了 需要有个结尾” He ain't no duke's son, Danny ! 他不是公爵的儿子,丹尼 You found him on a Tuesday, caII him Tuesday ! 你是星期二发现他的 就叫他星期二吧 That's a good idea for a stupid nigger ! 好主意,蠢材 I found him the first month of the first year of this new century, 我在这个新的世纪的第一年 的第一个月发现他 so I'm caIIing him Nineteen Hundred ! 我要叫他1900 -But that's a number ! -It was, but now it's a name. 可那是个数字.本来是 但现在是个名字了 DannyBoodman T.D. Lemon Nineteen Hundred ! 丹尼布曼T.D.柠檬1900 Quick,the baby ! 快,孩子 Stop that cradIe. 把摇篮停下来 How can something that smaII shit so much ? 一个小孩怎么拉这么多屎 Lemon Nineteen Hundred. Shake him, shake him. 柠檬1900.摇他 Nineteen Hundred's Iucky, he was born in shit ! 1900真幸运,在屎中出生 Thanks Danny? 谢谢丹尼 Thanks Danny? 谢谢丹尼 It was Iike the second coming of Christ.
可以练口语哦
好象是耶稣的二次降临Maybeit was,withaIIthe miracIesthat kidhaduphissIeeve.也许就是,因为这孩子注定有奇迹HeII, hedideverythingonthe waterbutwaIk.他能在水上做任何事,除了走路AndI heardthat he'ddonethat too.我听说他也试过水上走路Andthat'showIittIe NineteenHundredgrewup这是1900成长的过程inside that cradIeasbigasaship.在船一样大的摇篮里Dannywasafraidthatthey'dtakehimawaybecauseofdocumentsandvisas,丹尼害怕有人会带走他因为证明和签证的问题sothe boyIived hisearIyyearshiddenaway所以早年这孩子是在躲藏中度过的in the beIIyofthe Virginian.在弗吉尼亚号的里面Nowtry byyourseIf.现在你试试Pushyourfinger againstthese wordssothe Ietters can't run away!用手指指着单,他们就不会跑掉-Man. . . -Okay, Lemon.“人”.好的,柠檬Go. . .“去”…-Ma. . . -Justabitmore.“马”.大声点Ma.“马”Youread Iike agod, Lemon!你读得像上帝,柠檬Nowputthem aIItogether Iike the boiIervaIves.现在连在一起读,就像窝炉阀一样Goon.来Man-go-Mama!人去马Right, keepgoing.就这样,继续Ya-nkmych-ain.人去马Danny,whyareyouIaughing somuch?丹尼,你为什么笑得这么大声Thesearethe namesofhorses. I'mcrazyabouthorsesnames.这是些马的名字我很喜欢马的名字Readthere, that oneran yesterdayatCIeveIand.读一下这个,它昨天参赛了Ha-ppyHoo-fers.哈-批-花-飞-I'mpissingmyseIf! -Listento this one.我笑得忍不住要撒尿了. 听我念这个-Sa-ssyLa-ssy. -SassyLassy!撒屎拉屎Andthis one, RedHotMama.还有这个,红热妈妈What'samama, Danny?什么是妈妈,丹尼Amama?妈妈?It'sahorse!是匹马-Ahorse?-Arace horse.一匹马?一匹跑的马Mamasarethorough breds, the bestrace horsesin the worId.妈妈是纯种马世界上跑得最好的马If youbetonamama, youaIwayswin.如果你在它身上下注,肯定赢Dan, putyourfinger hereandread.丹尼,手指放在这里,念出来T.D. doesn't meanThanksDanny.T.D.不是谢谢丹尼的意思Who'sthis pansy?这个奶油小生是谁That'senoughreading for tonight. Toomuchreading'sbadfor you!今晚读够了.读得太多对你不好WhateIseis bad, Danny?还有什么是不好的,丹尼Everythingoffthe Virginianis bad.弗吉尼亚号以外的所有东西都是不好的Everything.所有的东西They'vegotsharksonthe Iand that wiIIeatyouaIive.Keepawayfrom here!岸上有鲨鱼会活生生地咬死你,小心点Seethis here.看这里Thatwasthose whitesharks.这就是那些白鲨What'sanorphanage?什么是孤儿院It'sabigprisonwherethey Iock upfoIks withnokids.那是一个大监狱关着很多没有小孩的人Soif it wasn't for me, they'dputyouin anorphanage.如果不是我他们就会把你关到孤儿院去Youbet, IittIe Lemon. Goto sIeepnow.小柠檬,快睡吧Onthat extraordinaryfIoating city, apartfrom afather,在那特殊的漂浮的6626城市远离父亲NineteenHundredfound awhoIefamiIy madeoftruIy uniquepeopIe,1900找到了一个由各种人组成的完整的家庭。Iike the ship'sdoctor.好象船上的医生Openyourmouth, Iike this.张开嘴,像我这样Shit, doctor,what'sthat hangingfrom yourthroat ?AreyouiII ?医生,你喉咙里有什么东西?你是不是生病了What'syourname, doctor?你叫什么名字,医生DrKIausermanspizwegensdorfentage.克罗瑟曼斯皮伟根斯多芬塔医生Whataname! If they hadto caIIyouquickIy,they'vehadit !多长的一个名字!如果他们想快点叫你,怎么办Thatcircusofcooks, saiIors, radio operatorsandwaiters还有厨师,水手,无线电员和侍应aIIIooked afterhim.全都在照顾他Everyonetried to givehimwhatthey thought wasagoodeducation.每个人都设法以自己认为最好的的方法来教育他Eventhe ship'sCaptain, in hisway, endedupbeingpartofthe famiIy.即使是船长也用自己的方式成为家庭的一员CaptainSmith, awiseman, hadonIythree defects:史密斯船长一个聪明的人,只有三个缺点:hesufferedfrom cIaustrophobia, hadahorribIefear ofdrowning他患了幽闭恐惧症,害怕溺水andhatedsweets.讨厌甜的东西NineteenHundred,howmanytimes haveI toId younotto comeuphere?1900,我告诉过你多少次不要来这里EspeciaIIyif it'sto steaI!尤其是为了偷东西Putthe bootybackwhereyoufound it andreturn to yourden把东西放回原处,回你的房间去orI'II sendyouto the orphanage!否则我把你送到孤儿院MrBoodman,this orphanbusinessmustcometo anend!布曼先生,你不能再收养这孤儿了It'sevenagainstthe Iaw.这还违反了法律****the Iaw !让法律见鬼去吧Hey, Mick,whatdoyouthink aboutin the middIeofastorm?米克,暴风雨中的感觉怎么样What?DoI think myIawyer shouIdneverhavebeenborn?什么?我是不是在想我的律师不应活在这世上Yes,the storm.是的,这暴风雨Youbethewaswarned, then I bIewoffhishead!他受到警告了,我吹掉他的头了Youthink ofjam andbread?你在想生计?Yes.
是的 Knowwhat I think, Mick ? I think you're Ioco ! 知道我在想什么吗?米克? 我想你是个疯子 I have gusto? 我有嗜好? Danny,teII Pedro how I cut that Iawyer's head off ! 丹尼,告诉派其我是怎样 砍掉那律师的头的 The WarIdorf? I've never been there. 我从未到过那里 The whites wouId onIy Iet me in to cIean the shit out the toiIets ! 那些白人只让我进去 清洗厕所外面 Watch out ! 小心 -Danny ! -Run, quickIy ! 丹尼,走,快 -Get out the way, Iet me see. -CaII a doctor. 让开,让我看看.叫医生来 The doctor, quickIy. 医生,快 Danny, don't move. 丹尼,不要动 -HoId on. -It's just apat on the back. 坚持住,只是后面轻轻地拍了一下 Hang on, the doctor's coming. 坚持住,医生正赶来 DoctorKIa-KIa-KIaus . . . 医生克罗…克罗… KIau-KIauserman ! 克罗瑟曼 KIausermanspizwegens Frischerri . . . Kemmanschov . . . 克罗瑟曼斯皮伟根斯多芬塔…. Quick on the Trigger was in the Iead “一触即发”领先 over HoIy Shoot and . . . 跟着是“荷利” Times were Good, 时间刚刚好 Saucy Bossy, “发号司令” Brave Victory, “勇敢者” Regrets OnIy, “遗憾者” BIue BaIIs Running, “蓝球赛马” and Hurricane over Open Sesame “飓风”在“芝麻”的前面 was past the post in Chicago. 在芝加哥过了终点 It took three days for oId Danny to go. 老丹尼只能活三天了 He Iet go on the sixth race in Chicago,won by DrinkabIe Water 芝加哥第六段赛事时 他死了,“饮水”获得冠军 by two Iengths over VegetabIe Soup and five over BIue Foundation. 比“蔬菜汤”快了两个马位 比“蓝基地”快了五个马位 DrKIausermanspizwegensdorfentage 克罗瑟曼斯皮伟根斯多芬塔医生 decIared that if it hadn't been for the beIIy Iaughs, 说如果丹尼不笑 Danny probabIy wouId have survived. 可能不会死 But his tory isn't made of''ifs''. The onIy thing we know for sure 但是历史是没有如果的 我们只知道一件事 is that suddenIy, 就是突然地 Lemon Nineteen Hundred became an orphan for the second time. 柠檬1900又一次变成了孤儿 Music. 音乐 Nineteen Hundred was eight years oId then. 那时柠檬1900才八岁 He'd made the trip between Europe and America about fifty times. 他在欧洲和美国之间 来来回回航行了大约50次 The ocean was his home. 大海是他的家 Sure, and his skin was covered with scaIes and he had fins, not arms ! 他的皮肤上布满了鱼鳞 他长的是鳍,而不是手 It's aII true, Pops. 我讲的都是真的 -You can bet your souI on it. -But that's absurd ! 你可以用灵魂来打赌. 但荒谬极了 That's right. 但就这样 He never set foot on dryIand. Never. 他从未踏上过土地,从未 He'd seen it from the ports many times, but he never got off the ship. 他从港口看到过许多次 但从未离开过船 The onIy troubIe was that asfaras the worId knew, he didn't even exist. 唯一的问题是,直到世人知道了 他已不在了 There wasn't a city, aparish, ahospitaI, or basebaIIteam 那不是一座城市,教区,医院 that had his name anywhere. 或是知名的棒球队 He didn't have a country, a birth date, a famiIy. 他没有国家,出生日期,家庭 He was eight years oId, but officiaIIy, he'd never been born. 他八岁了,但严格来讲 他从未出生过 America ! 美国 America ! 美国 Kidnapping. 绑架 Charges of kidnapping couId be brought against you, Captain, 船长,你有可能被控绑架 if one day the boy's kin were to showup. 如果有一天孩子的家人出现了 After eight years, I seriousIy doubt it. 已经过了八年了,我真的不相信 However, Ithink the time has come to aIIow the boyto have anormaI Iife. 但是,是时候让孩子 过正常的生活了 I've written apersonaI note I'd Iike you to give to the orphanage head. 我已经写了一封信 我想你交给孤儿院院长 Very weII, Captain. Where is the Iad ? 好的,船长.那家伙呢 Boatswain, show these gentIemen the way. 水手长,帮先生带路 Forward. 向前 SIowIy. 慢点 Search everywhere, upstairs too. 到处找,上楼找 What's in that case? Stop the baggage being off-Ioaded. 那箱子里是什么?先不要卸行李 -Have you seen a IittIe boy? -No. 你见过一个孩子吗?没有 22 days Iater,when the Virginian headed for Rio deJaneiro, 22天后 当弗吉尼亚号抵达里约热内卢 Nineteen Hundred hadn't been found and no-one knew anything about him. 还没有找到1900 没有人知道他去哪里了 Everyone had death in their hearts 大家都以为他死了 because they had aII gotten attached to the IittIe boy, 因为大家都惦记着他 aIthough no-one wouId say so. 虽然没有人这样说 -Captain ! Wake up ! -Let me sIeep. 船长,起来.让我睡觉 -Come with me, quickIy ! -Christ ! 跟我来,快点.天啊 -Are we sinking ? -Worse than that ! 我们下沉吗?比这还厉害 -What's his name ? -Nineteen Hundred. 他叫什么名字?1900 -Not the song,the boy. -Nineteen Hundred. 不是音乐的名字 是男孩的名字.1900 Like the song ! 我喜欢这音乐 Captain Smith wouId have Iiked to ask him many questions right then.
史密斯船长当时 就有许多问题想问他 For exampIe : ''Where the heII did you Iearn to pIay the piano ?'' 例如:“你从哪学的钢琴” Or : ''In what damn hoIe were you hiding ?'' 或者“你藏在哪个洞里?” OreIse : ''Where in Christ's name are you getting this music from 还有“你从哪里知道这音乐的?” which seems to enter into your veins ?'' 那音乐好像从他血脉里流出似的 But he was aman in uniform. 但他是个船长 He onIy managed to say : ''AII of this is against the reguIations.' 他只能忍住, 说:“这是违反规定的.” **** the reguIations ! 让规定见鬼去吧 His exact words : ''**** the reguIations !'' 没错,他说“让规定见鬼去吧.” But I don't understand what the record has to do with any of this. 但是我不明白这唱片 和这有什么关系呢 You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, Pops. That's his music. 你还不知道,这是他的音乐 The music of DannyBoodman T.D. Lemon Nineteen Hundred. 丹尼布曼T.D.柠檬1900的音乐 The greatest ivorytickIer on the seven seas. 七大洋上的象牙备忘录 That's amazing ! 不可思议 If that's aII true, this record must be worth a fortune ! 如果这是真的话 这张唱片肯定很值钱 This record can make us both rich. 这唱片可以令我们两个富起来 That record shouIdn't exist. 这唱片不应该存在 The onIy existing matrix was destroyed right after it was cut. 唯一的唱片模具 在刚制成后就被毁掉了 WeII,this is amatrix. 这是一个唱片模具 It's one of those that they used for on the spot recording. 这是其中之一,他们用来录音 How did you find it ? 你怎么找到它的 I spent a whoIe day trying to put the pieces together. 我花了一整天的时间把 碎片合在一起 Ifound them by accident, hidden inside one of those two pianos. 我偶然发现了它们 在那架钢琴里 I bought them from a second-hand deaIer 我从一个旧货商里买来的 who emptied out an oId hospitaI ship down at PIymouth. 他从停靠在普利茅兹的一艘 医院轮船里淘来的 They're goingto destroy it in a coupIe of days. 他们准备要毁掉它 What do you mean ''destroy'' ? 你是什么意思,“毁掉” -Where's the oId hospitaI ship ? -That's it. 旧的医院轮船在哪?在那 Thank you. 谢谢 -Where are you from ? -LiverpooI. 你从哪来?利物普 -I'm a barber. -Sign there. 我是个理发师.这里签名 Next. What's your trade ? 下一个.你做什么的 -I'm a cook, barber,taiIor. -Too many things for us, out ! 我是厨师,理发师,水手. 对于我们来说太多了,走 -I'm aIso a good mechanic. -Get out ! Next. 我还是一个称职的机械师. 走,下一个 -What do you do ? -I pIay the trumpet. 你做什么的?我吹喇叭的 We've aIready got musicians on board. Get out ! 我们已经有音乐家在船上了,走 Next. 下一个 Where the heII's he going ? 他在干吗 -What was that ? -I don't know. 那是什么?我不知道 When you don't know what it is, it's jazz ! 你什么时候不知道的,这是爵士乐 Jazz ! 爵士乐 -What's your name ? -Max Tooney. 你叫什么?马斯突尼 Okay ! 好的 It was the happiest day of my Iife.
高中去日本留学.完成日本高中课程,留学生身份参加日本高考,轻松上名校。
那是我一生中最开心的一天 AII those peopIe with hope in their eyes, 所有人眼里充满了希望 the goodbyes,the sirens and that fIoating worId starting to move. 道别声,汽笛声,漂浮的世界正要启程 It feIt Iike one big party just for me. 就像专门为我而开的盛大的舞会 But just three days Iater the ocean got tired of the festivities. 但三天以后大海厌倦了欢庆 SuddenIy, in the middIe of the night, she went berserk and heII broke out. 突然,在深夜,她发疯似的乱嚎叫 Now, a guy bIowing atrumpet on a ship 这时候,有人正在船上吹喇叭 can't do much when there's araging storm. 狂风暴雨的时候没什么好做的 Not pIaying the trumpet is aII he can do not to compIicate matters. 不吹喇叭是唯一他可以做的 不把事情弄复杂的事 But I couIdn't bear being downthere. 但我不甘心呆在那 The same Iine kept raging in my head : ''he died Iike a rat.'' 头脑中不停有声音 “他像老鼠一样死去.” And I didn't want to die Iike a rat. 我不想像老鼠一样死去 Damn it, I'm Iost ! 妈的,我迷路了 Conn, what's the probIem ? 你怎么啦 Have you Iost your seaIegs ? 你晕船了? You're the newtrumpet man, aren't you ? 你是新来的吹喇叭的那个人,是吗 You bIow a Conn, right ? 你晕船,没错吧 Come with me. I have a cure for your misery. 跟我来,我有办法帮助你 FoIIow me. 跟我来 -Take the brakes off. -But that's crazy ! 把闸开了.不是吧,你疯了 Trust me. Go on,take them off. 相信我,来吧 Come and sit near me. 来坐在我旁边 -You're reaIIy nuts ! -Get on now or you never wiII. 你疯了. 现在上来,要不就上不来了 -TeII me, have you got chiIdren ? -No. 告诉我,你有孩子吗?没有 Shit,they'II Iock you up in an orphanage one of these days ! 妈的,他们会锁在孤儿院里 He's nuts. 他疯了 -Whoa, Mama ! -I see you know your horses. 啊,妈妈.我看你知道你的马 -A IittIe. -Good man ! 一点点.不错 It was Iike the sea was rocking us and whiIe we were fIoating around 大海向我们袭击,我们在漂浮着 brushing the Iamps and furniture, 狂扫灯和家具 I reaIised that what we were reaIIy doing 我意识到我们在做什么 was dancing with the ocean. Perfect, crazy dancers, 和大海共舞,完美而疯狂的舞者 Iocked in a joyfuI waItz on the goIden parquet of night.晚上在金色地板上跳华尔兹 Want some ? Cheers ! 来点吧,干杯 HaIIo, Captain. 你好,船长 -Care to go for a ride ? -Nineteen Hundred ! 介意一起来吗?1900 Who eIse on this ship wouId do anything as crazy as this ? 在这船上还有谁会 像你一样这样疯狂 Iwas just experimenting, sir. 我只是在试验,先生 When I've perfected it, it won't happen again. 当我熟练了,就不会这样了 For me it's a question of brakes. Fix those and away you go ! 对于我来说只是闸的问题. 把这些弄好,走 -How much wiII that window cost ? -I don't know, it was huge ! 那窗户要多少钱? 我不知道,很多吧 We're going to be shoveIIing coaI on this ship forever ! 我们要永远在船上铲煤吗 Oh, shit ! 妈的 At I east you know what you'II be doing when you growup !
至少你知道当你长大后要干什么 You'II shoveI Iots of coaI. 你要铲多点煤 -Hey, Conn. -What ? 嘿,什么 -You're from New OrIeans, right ? -How did you know that ? 你来自新奥尔良,对吗? 你怎么知道的? -I Iove that town. -How come you know it ? 我喜欢那里.你怎么知道那里的? In the winter, it's beautifuI. 那里冬天很漂亮 And in March 三月的时候 there's aIways an afternoon, when you Ieast expect it, 总有一个下午,在你期待的时候 a roof offog comes down, abarrier, 一屋顶的烟雾,栅栏 that hangs just beIow the street Iamps and cuts everything. 弥漫在街灯周围 Like a white sword. It's magic ! 像一把白色的剑,真神奇 The houses Iose their top fIoors, trees Iose their branches, 房子没有了屋顶 树木没有了枝桠 St Louis CathedraI Ioses its spires and the passers-by their heads. 圣路易斯教堂没有了尖顶 路人没有了脑袋 From the neck up, everything disappears. 从颈部,所有的都消失了 AII you can see in Jackson Square is abunch of decapitated bodies, 在杰克逊广场上所见的 是一堆堆的无头尸 stumbIing about and greeting each other. 互相问候着 ''Everyone aII right at home ?'' “在家好吗?” WonderfuI ! Too bad it doesn't Iast Iong. 好极了.怎么不讲下去? But how do you know aII these things ? 你怎么知道这些事的 Who knows ? 谁知道 You know, 你知道 ever since I've been on board, I keep hearing about this guy 自从我上岸以来 我就不断听到这个人 with a name as Iong as a Georgia freight train. 他的名字像火车一样长 Seems he was born on this ship and hasn't been off it since. 好象他出生在船上 从未离开过船 What a crazy story. Twenty years without ever setting foot on Iand. 难以置信.20年没有踏上过土地 Twenty-seven. 27年 They say this guy makes music that's never been heard before. 他们说这人会弹 以前从没听过的音乐 I've heard of him,too. 我也听说过他 At first, Ithought it was you. 开始我想他就是你 -But something didn't add up. -Of course. 但有些不太像,当然 Ithought : ''If he's Nineteen Hundred how couId he know New OrIeans ?'' 我想,如果他是1900 怎么会知道新奥尔良? I mean, you've been to New OrIeans. 我是说你曾到过新奥尔良 If I toId you that I'd never set foot in that town,wouId you beIieve me ? 如果我说我从没到过那里 你相信吗 你是谁?马斯突尼 Whoever you are, Max Tooney. GIad to meet you. 很高兴认识你 Hey,you up there, we're supposed to bIow it up 嘿,你在那.我们要炸掉它 not wait for it to be eaten by the fish ! 不要等它被鱼吃掉 We're aImost done, just Iaying the Iast charges. 我们差不多做好了 -Where the heII are you going ? -I have to Iook for someone. 你在干吗?我要找人 -Do you want troubIe ? -I can't expIain. 你要搞事吗?我无法解释 What did you want to do ? 你想要干吗 You bastards, Iet me on board ! 你这小子,让我上去 Bastards ! 狗崽子 -Can you repeat that ? -Sure I'II say it again ! 你能再说多一次吗?当然可以 You're not going to bIow up anything, 'cause my best friend's on that ship. 你不可以炸 因为我最好的朋友在船上 -You'd be responsibIe for murder. -Get him out of here. 你要为谋杀负责任. 带他离开这里 -Get him out ofhere ! -I'm not crazy, it's true. 带他离开这里.我没有疯 我说的是真的
If I say there's a man aboard the Virginian, it means there is ! 如果我说有人在弗吉尼亚号上 就是有人在 We cIeaned that ship from stem to stern,there's just Iots of dynamite. 我们认真地清理过,只有炸药 How can here stiII be a man on board? 怎么可能还有人在船上 If you've got proof, show it, because I'm the one who throws the switch. 如果你有证据,拿出来 因为我就是点火的人 I'm sure he's there. 我肯定他在那 I spent the best years of my Iife on the Virginian. 我一生中最美好的时光 都在弗吉尼亚号上度过 Did you find an upright piano in third cIass ? 你们在三等舱有没有发现一台 垂直摆放的钢琴 The Virginian is the onIy ship to have a piano in third cIass. 弗吉尼亚号是唯一在三等舱 有垂直摆放的钢琴的船 Was there or wasn't there an upright piano in third cIass ? 在三等舱有还是没有一台 垂直摆放的钢琴 There was a piano in third cIass, but it was horizontaI. 有一台钢琴在三等舱 但是是水平摆放的 What has any shaped piano got to do with a ghost aboard the ship ? 怎样摆放的钢琴 与船上的鬼魂有什么关系 There must be thousands of ghosts on ahospitaI ship ! 在医院轮船上肯定有 成千上万只鬼魂 Get out of here or I'II caII the poIice. 离开这里,否则我要叫**了 Get your hands off me ! 你的手不要碰我 Amongst aII those dead souIs is the greatest piano pIayer in the worId ! 在那鬼魂中有 世界上最出色的钢琴家 A bIoody piano pIayer? 血淋淋的钢琴家? And were you tuning the strings aII those years aboard the Virginian ? 这些年来都是 在弗吉尼亚号上调音的吗 -What was I doing on the Virginian ? -Yes.我在弗吉尼亚号上干什么? 是的 What were you doing ? 你是干吗的 I pIayed ! 我演奏 Ladies and gentIemen, 女士们,先生们 Fritz Hermann here weIcomes you aboardthe Virginian 费滋荷曼欢迎你们莅l临弗吉尼亚号 and wishes you a pIeasant evening with the AtIanticJazz Band ! 希望你们和大西洋爵士乐队 一起有个愉快的晚上 WeII done ! 弹得好 PIease, Nineteen Hundred, just the normaI notes. Okay? 请,1900,来点普通点的 We pIayed because the ocean is big and scary. 我们演奏是因为大海的 浩瀚和易怒 We pIayed so that peopIe wouIdn't feeIthe time passing 当我们演奏时 人们察觉不到时间的流逝 and wouId forget where and who they were. 忘记了身在何处 忘记了他们是谁 We pIayed to make them dance, because when you dance you can't die. 我们演奏是为了使他们跳舞 因为当你跳舞时你是不会死的 We pIayed rag time, because that's the music God dances to, 我们演奏拉格泰姆音乐 因为这是上帝跳舞的音乐 when nobody's watching him, assuming that God is bIack ! 当没有人看着上帝的时候 假设他是黑色的 End of the Iine boys ! 又反常了 Jesus, I must be areaI sinner. Is that it, God ? 耶稣,我肯定是一个真正的罪人 你说对吗 This is music ! 真正的音乐 But it was in third cIass that Nineteen Hundred pIayed his music. 1900在三等舱才演奏他自己的音乐 He'd go in the afternoons or Iate at night, 下午或深夜 when he didn't have to pIay the normaI notes
当他不需要弹奏普通乐曲时 他就去那里 and his music was made of notes that were everything but normaI. 他自己的音乐绝对跟普通的不一样 What the heII do you think about when you pIay? 你弹琴的时候究竟在想什么? What do you Iook at ? Where does your mind go whiIe you hit the keys ? 你在看什么? 当你按键盘的时候你的心思在哪里? Last night I was in a beautifuI country. 昨晚,我在一个很美丽的国家 The women had perfumed hair and everything gIowed. 那女人的头发散发着香味 全身发光 It was fuII of tigers. 充满了女人味 He traveIIed and each time he ended up in a different pIace : 他每次旅行都会到不同的国家 the heart of London, on a train in the middIe of the country, 伦敦市中心,在火车上 on the edge of a giant voIcano, 在巨大的火山边缘 in the biggest church in the worId staring up at the crucifixes. 在世界上最大的教堂里 在十字架下 He traveIIed. 他在旅行 Hey, man, pIay us ataranteIIa ! 嘿,伙计,来点舞曲吧 TeII me how the taranteIIa goes, man ! 那告诉我舞曲是怎样弹的,伙计 The peopIe getting off the ship wouId taIk about a strange music 下了船的人都会谈论 一首奇妙的舞曲 and apianist who Iooked Iike he had fourhands, he was so fast. 还有一个钢琴家 像有四只手,弹奏得飞快 WeirdtaIes circuIated, some eventrue. 神奇的故事传开了,有些是真的 Like the one about WiIson, anAmerican senator, 好象有关威尔逊的故事 who used to traveI in third cIass 一个过去坐三等舱的美国参议员 to hear the music of DannyBoodman T.D. Lemon Nineteen Hundred. 专门来欣赏 丹尼布曼T.D.柠檬1900的音乐 America ! 美国 Why did you stop ? PIease, continue. 为什么停下来?继续啊 I'm sorry, Senator, I onIy pIay on the open sea. 不好意思,参议员 我只在海上弹奏 -But that's absurd. -Ports are Iand. 可笑.港口是陆地 -I don't pIay on Iand. -You've never gone on tour? 我在陆地上不弹奏 你从未旅行过吗 What does that mean ? 什么意思? Longtrips on which artists 艺术家周游世界 dispIay their taIents around the worId. -That's aII I do. 展示才华的长途旅行. 我只这样做 In my own way. Excuse me. 以我的方式.对不起 WouId you grant me an interview? 可以和你谈谈吗 -An inter. . .what ? -An interview? 谈..什么?谈话 What's that ? 那是什么 The senatorasks : ''What do you Iike to do when you go back home ?'' 参议员问 “当你回家时,你喜欢做什么?” Nineteen Hundred : In Paris I Iove to wait at sunset 1900答道 日落时我喜欢坐在巴黎的 under the EiffeI tower,forthe peopIe who throw themseIves off 艾菲尔铁塔下,看着人们抛开伪装 and tryto guess by their screams what country they're from 透过他们的叫喊猜猜 他们来自哪个国家 before they go spIat aII over the ground ! 在他们到下一个国家之前 Why don't you get off just once ? Why not ? Just for once. 你为什么不试试下船呢? 为什么不,就试一次 Why not see the worId for yourseIf with your own eyes ? 为什么不用自己的眼睛 去看一下这个世界 Have you ever thought about it? You couId do anything you wanted. 你有没有想过? 你可以做任何你想做的事 You pIay the piano Iike a god, peopIe wouId go crazy for you. 你弹琴弹得非常好 大家会喜欢你的 You couId make Iots of money and buy yourseIf a nice house. 你可以赚很多钱 为自己买一间大房子 You couId have a famiIy. Why not ? 你可以有一个家,为什么不 You can't spend the rest of your Iife traveIIing back and forth Iike this. 你不能再这样来来往往 地过完下半生了 The worId's out there. There's just a gangpIank to go down. 世界就在那里. 只需跳过踏板就可到达 What's a gangpIank ? Just a few stupid steps. 什么是踏板?就是那几步 Christ, everything's waiting at the bottom of those steps. 所有的东西就在几步之后等着你 Why don't you just get off? 为什么不下船呢 At Ieast once. 至少一次 Why don't you get off? 为什么不下船呢 Why? Why? Why? 为什么?为什么?为什么? Why? Why? 为什么?为什么 Ithink you Iand peopIe 我觉得你们这些岸上的人 waste a Iot of time asking yourseIves why. 花了太多的时间问自己为什么 Winter comes and you can't wait for summer 冬天来了,你不可以光等夏天 and in summer you Iive in dread of winter. 夏天就害怕冬天的到来 You're aIways chasing some pIace you aren't,where it's aIways summer.
你们老是在追寻一年四季 都是夏天的地方 Doesn't sound good to me. 听上去不适合我 HoId it, stop everything ! 停下来,别动 -TeII them to unhook the detonators. -Unhook them ! 告诉他们先别动炸药 You'd better pray that we find someone hidden here, 你最好希望我们找到 有人藏在这里 even somebodywho can mistake a three-Iegged cockroachforapiano. 即使有人把三脚蟑螂错认做钢琴 It's Iike Iookingfor aneedIe in ahaystack. 这像大海捞针 Come here, sir. 先生,来这里 This was his cabin. 这是他的小屋 Forgive me foraIIowing myseIfin, 请允许我加入 but your music was so strong. 你的音乐实在是太吸引人了 Northern ItaIy, I'II bet. 我打赌你来自意大利的北部 WeII done, FriuIi,to be exact. 猜得好,一点都没错 But don't stop pIaying. 继续弹吧 Want abutt ? 要烟吗 You don't Iook happy about going to America. 去美国你好像不大高兴 It's not America. 不是因为美国 It's everything I'm Ieaving behind. 是因为我抛下的一切 UntiI a few years ago, my fieId was the onIy thing I knew. 几年前,我只知道我们的那个地方 The worId started and ended there in that piece of Iand. 世界从那里开始,也从那里结束 就那么一点点大的地方 I'd never waIked down the main street of a town. 我从没走出过镇的主要街道 Maybe you can't understand that. 也许你不能理解 I understand that perfectIy. 我非常理解 I know someone who went through something very simiIar. 我认识一个人 他的经历和你的很相似 One fine day did his fieId go dry,too ? 有一天,他的土地也干了吗 Did his wife run off with apriest ? 他的妻子和一个牧师私奔了吗 Did the fever take his five chiIdren ? 他的五个孩子也病死了吗 -No, but he ended up aIone,too. -Then he's Iuckier than me. 不,可他也是一个人孤独终老. 那他比我幸运多了 I stiII have a daughter, the youngest one. 我还有一个女儿,最小的 She survived. 她没死 It's for her that one day I decided to fight my bad Iuck. 那天,为了她 我决定要和厄运作斗争 I traveIIed the worId without a destination. 我漫无目的地周游世界 Then one day,when going through one of the manytowns I never knew, 有一天,经过一个我不知名的小镇 I came to a hiII, I cIimbed to the top and I saw. . . 我来到一座山上 爬到山顶,我看见了… My God, the most beautifuI thing in my Iife. 我的天啊,我一生中最美丽的东西 The sea ! 大海 -The sea? -The sea. 大海?大海 I'd never seen it before. 我以前从未见过 Iwas Iike being hit by Iightening. 我像被闪电击中一样 Because I heard its voice. 我听到了她的声音 -The voice of the sea? -Yes. 大海的声音?是的 The voice of the sea. 大海的声音 I've never heard it. 我没听过 It's Iike a huge shout, the voice of the sea, 大海的声音,就像巨大的喊声 that screams and screams and what it screams is : 喊完又喊,喊声是这样的: ''You ! 你 Men with shit in your brains ! 人类的脑袋里都是狗屎 Life is immense ! Can you understand that ? 生活是广阔无边的!你能理解吗?
Immense !'' 阔无边 I'd never thought about it. I had a revoIution in my head. 从没想过 我的思想起了巨大的变化 That's how I suddenIy decided to change my Iife, 是为什么我突然决定 要改变我的生活 to start a fresh. 新开始 Change Iife, start a fresh. 改变生活,重新开始 TeII that to your friend. 告诉你的朋友 Nineteen Hundred !
01:09:34,200 --& 01:09:36,156
01:09:37,000 --& 01:09:42,960 我们需要的只是谈话的大海 我是马斯突尼,你的朋友 Come out, Nineteen Hundred, I'm afriend,too ! 出来吧,1900. 我也是你的朋友 Even if we've never met. Don't worry, no cops ! 虽然我们没有见过面. 别担心,不是** Where was this piano exactIy? 钢琴在哪里 -It was . . . -It was overthere, sir. 在…在那里,先生 Nineteen Hundred ! 1900Ladies and gentlemen !
女士们,先生们 Fritz Hermann weIcomes you aboardthe Virginian 费滋荷曼欢迎你们 莅临弗吉尼亚号 and wishes you a pIeasant evening with the AtIanticJazz Band ! 希望你们和大西洋爵士乐队 一起有个愉快的晚上 On the vioIin, your own Fritz Hermann ! 小提琴手是费滋荷曼 On bass, Freddie Loyacano ! 低音是罗亚卡罗 Max Tooney on trumpet ! 喇叭手马斯突尼 Jim Jim Breath GaIIup on trombone ! 长号手金加纳 Sam ScaIisi on the drums ! 鼓手森斯加里斯 On saxophone, Sam SIeepy Washington ! 色昔风森斯帝皮华盛顿 On banjo, OscarDeIaguerra ! 五弦琴
奥斯卡达拉 AndfinaIIy, on piano, Danny Boodman T.D. Lemon Nineteen Hundred ! 最后是钢琴 丹尼布曼T.D.柠檬1900 The greatest ! 最好的钢琴家 -I'II ask you once more,just . . . -The normaI notes, I know.讲多一次,是… 来点普通的,我知道 What are you doing here ? Take your pIaces ! 你们在干吗,回自己的位子 End of the Iine ! 又出轨了 You've reaIIy got it in for me, you son of a dirty nigger ! 又在这里捣乱了,黑鬼的儿子 One night the pubIic's not going to appreciate your antics. 终有一晚 观众会讨厌你这滑稽的举动 That night, I swear, Nineteen Hundred, 会有那么一晚,我发誓,1900 I'II have you thrown overboard ! 我会叫人把你扔到甲板上 -Where do you get it from ? -What ? 你怎么得来的?什么? -The music. -I don't know. 音乐.我不知道 See that woman over there ? 看到那边的女人吗 She must be German, Iook at her. 她一定是德国人,看她 She Iook Iike someone, who with her Iover, has just kiIIed her husband 她看起来就像和情人一起 刚杀了自己的丈夫 and is running off with the famiIy jeweIs. 带着珠宝逃走 -Don't you think this music's her? -Sure,that's right ! 你不认为这音乐是属于她的吗? 没错,很对 And see that guy over there ? 看到那个男人吗 He Iooks Iike someone who can't forget. 他看上去像不会忘记东西的人 His head is bursting with memories but he can't forget anything. 他的脑袋充满了记忆,他什么也忘不了 Listen to his music. 听他的音乐 And her? 还有她的 CouIdn't she be aprostitute who's thinking of becoming a nun ?
难道她不是一个妓女,正考虑想当尼姑吗
IncredibIe ! 难以置信 Now, Iook at this one. 现在看这个 See how he waIks ? 看他怎么走路的 It Iooks Iike he's wearing someone eIse's suit by the way he wears it. 看上去他好象穿了别人的衣服 I'd say he's a stowaway sIipped into first cIass 我说他是一个溜进 一等舱的偷渡者 for a IittIe amorous adventure. He's got Americain his eyes. 为了爱情而冒险. 他在眼里已看到了美国 He'II be the first one to see it. I can aIready hear him screaming. 他会是第一个看到美国的 我仿佛已经听到他在叫了 Nineteen Hundred knew howto read. 1900知道怎样去看 Not books, anybody can do that. 不是书本 不是每个人都可以这样做的 He knew howt o read the signs that peopIe carry on them. 他知道如何去读各人身上的特征 PIaces, sounds, scents, 地位,声音,气味 their Iand,their story. Everything written on them. 他们的故乡,他们的故事 一切都写在他们的脸上 He wouId read and,with infinite care cataIogue, organise, and make order 他会透过对话观察 然后按顺序组织起来 in that immense map that he was drawing in his mind. 最后在脑海中形成故事 Maybe he'd never seen the worId, 也许他从没看过这世界 but for aImost thirty years the worId had been passing on that ship. 但是差不多三十年了 世界就在轮船旁路过 And for aImost thirty years on that ship, he'd been spying on it 差不多三十年在船上 他一直在看着这个世界 and he wouId steaI its souI. 并偷了它的心 America ! 美国 I went into her room, she jumped on me 我进到她的房间,她跳到我身上 and Itore hercIothes off. -Go on ! 我撕开她的衣服.继续讲 -Do you aIways make up this crap ? -Sure ! 你经常编这些谎话吗?没错 SingIeton, Lee CIaire. 李嘉儿 HaIIo ? 你好 You don't know me, but I wondered if we might have aIittIe chat. 想你不认识我 可是我想我们能否谈一会 A IittIe chat ? What are you taIking about ? 谈一会?你在说什么? About anything you Iike,weather conditions, anything you choose. 随你喜欢,天气也行,你决定 Go to heII ! 见鬼去吧 Ha HeIIo ? 你好 -Is that the race-track ? -Yeah,you betting ? 是赌马频道吗 -Can you teII me if Mama's racing ? -No, it's your sister ! 是的,你要下注吗 -I think there's a misunderstanding. -Shove it up your ass ! 你能告诉我这是你妈妈跑马吗 The teIephone shouId bring out the best in peopIe. 不,是你的姐姐 I know who you are. If you don't stop caIIing, I come over and kiII you ! 我想你有点误会了.你去死吧 Christ, he's aIready here ! 电话应该带给人们最好的东西 Hey, are youthe guy with that friggin difficuIt name ? 我知道你是谁,如果你还不 放下电话,我就过来杀了你 Come on out, I'm taIking to you. 天啊,他在这里 Catch him ! 你是那个名字很难念的家伙吗 Stop ! 出来,我在和你说话 Where are you going ? 捉住他 -HoId stiII. -Stop,you idiot ! 别走 -Keep stiII,you son of abitch ! -Where are we, in heII ? 你去哪里 -We don't want to hurt you. -Come on out.Where are you ? 站住,白痴 We're pIayers, man, musicians. 站住,狗崽子. 我们在哪里,地狱吗 Overthere. 我们不想伤害你. 出来,你在哪里 -Bon appetit ! -Thanks, have you got some wine ? 我们是乐手,伙计,音乐家 Are you the one that pIays ten kinds of jazz roIIed into one ? 在那 To teII the truth I've never counted them, I'm just a piano pIayer. 味道好极了.谢谢,你有酒吗 -It's him. -WeII,you'd better start counting. 你是那个把十种爵士 和在一起的人吗 The man who invented jazz sent us here. 说实话,我没有数过. 我只是个弹钢琴的 -And what does he want from me ? -He chaIIenges you to apiano dueI ! 是他了.你最好现在开始数一下 A piano dueI ? 发明爵士的那个人派我们到这里 What the heII is a piano dueI ? 他想我怎么样? 他要和你来场钢琴决斗 It's a dueI, with pianos instead of pistoIs. 钢琴决斗? It's amusicians thing. No bIood,just aIittIe hate.
究竟什么是钢琴决斗 ReaI hate, under the skin. It riffs Iike you never heard. 决斗,用钢琴代替手枪 It couId Iast aII night and at the end, one wouId win. 这是音乐家之间的事情 没有流血,只有一点点的仇,恨 Nineteen Hundred ! 真正的仇,恨,埋藏在内心. 反反复复,你不知道的了 If I were you, I wouIdn't be so sure he's stiII here. 有可能持续整个晚上 到最后,有一个人赢 If I know him at aII, he won't be any pIace eIse.
00:07:05,245 --& 00:07:07,201 如果我是你 我就不会这么肯定他还在这里 He must have gone.What wouId he have done here without a piano ? 如果我了解他 他就不会在其他地方 Besides,with the war,who knows ? 我很肯定 He might not even be any Ionger in this dirty worId. 他一定走了.没有钢琴 他在这里干什么 Someone Iike him doesn't end up Iike everyone eIse. 还有,经历了战争 谁知道发生了什么事 -It's not his styIe. -Think what you Iike. 也许他在这个肮脏的世界 没活多久 But I can't ask the owners to keep this carcass going 他这样的人是不会像 其他人一样自杀的 just because someone who doesn't exist is on board. I can't deIay it. 这不是他的风格.随你怎样想 Nineteen Hundred, it's Max. I have to taIk to you ! 可是我不能叫老板就这样等下去 只为了一个不存在的人. 我不能等了 The summer of 1931.JeIIyRoII Morton boarded the Virginian. 1900. 我是马斯,我要和你说话 Dressed entire Iyin white,wearing a diamond as big as ameatbaII ! 那决斗怎么样了?那是在波士顿 Even the garters on his socks were diamond studded. 1931年的夏天 杰利路莫顿,登上了弗吉尼亚号 JeIIy RoII,what's the reason for a trip to Europe on a steamer? 一身白衣服 戴了个像肉丸一样大的钻石 TiII now,you've onIy gone up and down the Mississippi ! 虽然他的吊袜带也用钻石装饰了 I don't give a damn about Europe ! 杰利路 你为什么要坐蒸汽船到欧洲 The onIy reason I'm going on this crappy ship is to meet a guy 到现在为止 你还只是到过密西西比 they say tunes a good piano ! 我才不会去欧洲 But I aIso heard that he doesn't want to set foot on Iand. 到这破船来的唯一原因是 见一个人 -Is he taIking about me ? -Sure he is. 他们说他弹得一手好钢琴 One day some asshoIe saysto me : 我还听说他不想下船到陆上 ''Hey,JeIIy,there's someone who pIays the piano better than you.'' 他是在说我吗?当然 So I says to myseIf : ''Shit ! How come this guy pIays so good 有一天,一个臭家伙跟我说: when he doesn't even have the baIIs to get off the boat ? 杰利,有个人弹钢琴弹得比你好 Damn it,JeIIy, you were the one who invented jazz ! 我就对自己说:狗屁 他怎么可能弹得这么好 Then I says to myseIf : ''You can afford to buy a first cIass ticket ! 他连离开船的机会都没有 You can even buy the ship just by raising your IittIe finger.'' 杰利,你是发明爵士乐的人 Get a shot ofit, boys ! 我又对自己说 你可以买一张一等舱的票 -TeII the truth, are you scared ? -I don't know. 不费吹灰之力 你就可以买下一条船 Why a dueI ? What happens when you have a dueI ? 照这里 It seemed Iike he reaIIy didn't care much.
说实话,你害怕吗.我不知道 Like he didn't even understand it. But he was curious. 为什么要决斗? 决斗时会发生什么事? He wanted to hear how the deviI the inventor of jazz pIayed. 看上去他一点也不在乎 He reaIIy beIieved that the guy invented jazz. 好象他不知道一样 但是他挺奇怪的 I beIieve he thought that he couId Iearn something new. 他想听一下发明爵士乐的人 是怎样弹奏的 That's just how he was, a bit Iike oId Danny. 他真的相信那家伙发明了爵士乐 He didn't have any sporting sense. 我想他觉得他可以 从中学到新的东西 He didn't give a damn who won, it was the rest that amazed him. 这就是他,有点像老丹尼 It'strue ! 他一点冒险的意识都没有 I beIieve you're sitting in my seat. 他不在乎谁赢 就是这份坦然令他变得神奇 -You're the one that invented jazz ? -That's what they say. 没错,他来了 And you're the one who can't pIay unIess the ocean's under your ass ? 我想你坐了我的位置 That's what I say. 你是那个发明爵士乐的人吗? 那是人家说的 JeIIyRoII Morton didn't pIay, he caressed those notes. 你是那个只会在海上弹琴的人吗 It was Iike a sIip sIiding down a woman's body. 那是人家说的 His hands were butterfIies, so Iight. 杰利路不是在弹钢琴 他是在轻抚乐谱 He started off in the brothe Is in New OrIeans, Iearningto stroke the keys. 就像轻轻滑过女人的身体 PeopIe making Iove upstairs didn't want any uproar. 他的双手像蝴蝶,如此轻巧 They wanted music that wouId sIip behind the curtains, underthe beds. 他从新奥尔良的妓院开始 开始敲击键盘 Without disturbing. He pIayed that music there. 在楼上**的人不想受到骚扰 And in that, he truIy was the best. 他们只想音乐从窗帘后面流淌 流到床下 -Bravo ! -Bravo ! 不受干扰,他在那里弹奏着音乐 It's your turn, saiIor. 那种情形下,他的确是最好的 Go on. 好,弹得好 What's he doing ? 到你了,水手 He's nuts ! 上 Is it Christmas ? 他傻了 -Did he win ? -No,they're just warming up. 不是圣诞歌吗 Bravo ! 他赢吗?不,他们只是在热身 -What's up, Nineteen Hundred ? -This music makes me cry. 好 The whoIe crew bet on you ! 怎么搞的,1900? 那音乐让我哭了 I put a year's pay on the Iine and you're crying ? 全船人都赌你赢的 Start thinking about your music ! 我下了一年的年薪作赌注 你现在竟然哭了 -Can I bet,too ? -Betting on yourseIf isn't sporting. 快想一下你的音乐 But I want to bet on him ! He's terrific. 我也可以下注吗? 买自己赢是不公平的 -You're crazy ! -But if you Iose, I'II give it back. 我想买他赢.他弹得好极了 It's the same music that the other one pIayed. 你疯了. 如果你输了,我可以还给你 We've aIready heard this ! 和另一个弹的是一样的 He's fooIing around. 我们已经听过了 -Did he Iose ? -Not yet.在愚弄我们 WeII done, Nineteen Hundred ! 他输了吗?还没 Stick this up your ass ! 弹得好,1900 -Max ? -Eh ? 认输吧,傻瓜 -Give me a cigarette,wiIIyou ? -You're not doing too weII ! 马斯?什么事 -Just give me a cigarette. -You don't smoke !
给我支香烟.你做好一点 What's wrong with you ? You couId Iick this guy with one hand ! 给我支香烟.你不会抽烟 -Pardon me, I didn't catch that. -I didn't say anything. 你怎么搞的,你一只手都能赢他 Bravo ! 对不起,我听不到. 我没什么好说的了 -Where's this cigarette ? -We'II be shoveIIing coaI forever ! 妙极了 Just give me a****ing cigarette ! 香烟在哪里? 我们要永远铲煤了 CIown ! 快给我一支香烟 Listen carefuIIy. 小丑 You smoke it. I don't know how. 用心听 WeII done ! Bravo ! 你抽吧,我不会抽 You're the greatest ! 弹得好极了 Divine ! 你是最好的 -Did he win ? -Yes, he won. 棒极了 I knew he wouId ! 他赢了吗?是的,他赢了 JeIIyRoII Morton spent the rest of that trip Iocked in his cabin. 我就知道他会赢 When we got to Southampton, he got off the ship and returned to America. 杰利莫顿余下的旅途中 都把自己所在房间里 I remember Nineteen Hundred watched him as he waIked off the dock 当船抵达南普敦时 他下了船,返回美国 and aII he said was : ''**** jazz,too !'' 我记得1900看着他他走下船 That's just what he said : ''**** jazz,too !'' 只说了一句:“他妈的爵士.” -What an incredibIe story. -Did I miss anything important ? 他就是说了一句:“他妈的爵士.” -You couId say that. -Damn ! 真是一个不可思议的故事. 我错过了什么好东西 -He'II fiII you in Iater. -You bet. 你又知道.妈的 He's reaIIy good at teIIing taIes. 他会代替你 This is no taIe, myfriend ! 他讲故事真好听 Sure, I've done Iots of stupid things in my Iife. 这不是故事,伙计 If you were to hang me upside down nothing wouId faII out my pockets. 没错 我一生中做了不少愚蠢的事 I even soId my trumpet. Everything ! 如果你们把我倒挂起来 我的衣袋空空如也 But not this story, I haven't Iost that. 我还把我的喇叭都卖了. 所有的东西 I've decided to teII it onIy because I want to save him. 但我从没忘记这故事 But there's no-one here. Nobody ! Understand ? 我讲出来只是因为我想救他 It's because there are too many of us, we've scared him. 可现在这里一个人也没有. 没有人,明白吗 That's enough. Now,you Ieave this ship or I'II have you arrested. 那是因为我们太多人了,吓着他 Get back to work. QuickIy ! 够了,现在你离开这条船 不然我就让人把你捉起来 -Give me one more chance. -Get Iost, buddy. 回去干活,快 At sunrise tomorrow this ship gets bIown up ! 给我多一个机会.走吧,伙计 And yet . . . 明天早上这船就要炸掉 -Here it is. -Stop or I'II shoot ! 还有 -I've got you. -Hey, it's me. 在这里.别动,我开枪了 Don't you recognise me ? 我捉到你了.嘿,是我 -Oh, it's you ! -Yeah, I ower that canon,wiII you? 你不认得我了吗 SeII your instrument and then steaI it back,that's an oId trick ! 哦,是你.放下你的枪 -I shouId have known you're a thief. -No, I was Iooking for this. 把你的乐器卖掉 然后又把它偷回去,老把戏 -What do you need that for? -It's a matter of Iife or death. 我应该一早就知道你是个贼. 不,我在找这个 -I need a gramophone,too. -A thief and a Iiar. 你要来干什么?这关乎到生死 -Pops, I don't have time to Iose. -I do, seeing as I have a gun. 我还需要个留声机.小偷兼撒谎 Now that I think of it, since when were records made on board a ship ? 伙计,我没有时间了. 我也是,看,我有枪 Impostor ! 让我来想想 你说唱片是什么时候在船上录制的 If your friend reaIIy did pIay that music,then he got off the ship. 冒名顶替者 -Right ? -ImpossibIe, Pops. 如果真是你的朋友弹奏那音乐 他就该下了船 Nineteen Hundred cut this recording personaIIy 对吗?不可能,伙计 which forme is one of his very best works, 1900自己折断了唱片 but to do it he didn't jump ship. 我认为这是他最好的作品 It was an extraordinary, unique event in the history of record-making. 但他折断了,没有下船 You can't imagine the advantages you'II obtain 这唱片制作史上一件不同凡响 独一无二的事件 if this record seIIs. You'II become famous, Mr Nineteen. 你无法想象你将得到的好处 -Can I caII you Nineteen ? -Is it painfuI ? 如果这唱片销量好,你就出名了 1900先生 Right, gentIemen, siIence pIease. On the count of three. 我可以叫你1900吗? 它痛苦吗
One,two,three. 好了,先生.请安静.数一二三 WonderfuI, MrNineteen ! An absoIuteIy extraordinary piece. 一二三 Divine music,what's it caIIed ? 好极了,1900先生. 弹得棒极了 It's goingto have peopIe crying buckets. 神圣的音乐,叫什么名字 It's got to have the right titIe, Iike : ''Swinging inthe breeze . . .'' 它会让人们疯狂的 You were great, as usuaI. 它应该有个好听的名字 例如:“轻摆于微风中…” You're going to be big time. 好样的,跟平常一样 If onIy you'd decide to take the big step. 你要跨入大时代了 -The big step ? -Getting off ! 如果你决定迈出一大步的话 Getting off these Iousy pIanks and going after. . . 一大步?下船 Going after fame and fortune. 离开这破船,去追寻… But if you wanted,thanks to our record company,with this, 追寻荣誉和财富 you couId have the success you deserve without Ieaving this ship. 如果你愿意 考虑一下我们唱片公司,靠这个 We'II print miIIions of copies.不需要离开轮船,你就可以拥有成功 The whoIe worId couId Iistento your wonderfuI music, Nineteen. 我们会复制几百万只 Mr Nineteen ? 整个世界都可以听得到你的音乐 I won't Iet my music go anywhere without me ! 我不会让我的音乐离开我 到其他的地方We have a contract, you can't go back now ! 嘿,不要,不要动.你在干吗? 他疯了吗 I aIways go back. 我们签了合同,你不能反悔了 Miss, 我经常反悔 I'd be pIeased if you . . . 小姐 Miss, I'd be . . . 我很高兴如果你可以… I'd be pIeased 小姐,我会… if you wouId accept 我会很高兴 this smaII token . . . 如果你可以接受 Hey,what are you doing there aII by yourseIf, counting the waves ? 这小小的礼物 The captain says we'II soon go through the Tropic of Cancer. 你一个人在那里干吗?数浪花吗? At Iast there'II be something to see. 船长说我们很快就会穿过回归线 The sea changes coIour ten times a day. 至少也有点东西看吧 Even more. I couId stay and watch it for days. 大海一天变十次颜色 The peasants don't watch the sea at aII. They're scared. 即使这样,我还要看几天 That's not true. 农民根本不看海,他们害怕 My father toId me once that he heard the voice of the sea. 你说的不对 ReaIIy? And what did it say? 有一次我父亲告诉我 他听到了海的声音 I can't teII you, it's a secret. 是吗?它说了些什么 -Secrets shouId be kept. -It's pouring, Iet's go, quickIy. 我不告诉你,这是秘密 Come on ! 秘密应该是被保守的. 雨很大,快走吧 America ! 美国 Damn it, I wanted to say it ! 的,我想说的了 Excuse me. 让让 Excuse me. 让让 Sorry. 让 -Miss ! -Are you in a hurry? 姐.你赶时间吗 Excuse me, miss. 不起,小姐 I have to taIk to you. 有话对你说 -You're meeting your father, aren't you ? -Yes. 去见你父亲,是吗?是的 -How did you know? -I think I met him. 怎么知道的?我想我见过他 On this ship, quite a few years ago. 这船上,几年前 -I don't know if he took this ship. -I'm sure it was this one.
不知道他是否坐这船. 我肯定是这船 Did he have afisarmonica? 是不是有个风琴? We pIayed together. 们一起演奏过 I don't know if he'd remember me, but say haIIo to him. 不知道他是否还记得我 但替我向他问好 AII right, I wiII. 的,我会 But how did you know who I was ? It's very strange. 你怎么会知道我是谁,真奇怪 It's a secret. 是秘密 And secrets shouId be kept. 密应该被保守的 Even if I think your father feIt differentIy then. 觉得你父亲很特别 -Move on, Iet me through. -Don't push ! 开,让我过,不要推 I'd be reaIIy pIeased if you wouId accept . . . 会很高兴,如果你接受… What ? 么? IwouId Iike youto accept this smaII musicaI token. 想你接受这小小的音乐礼物 -Good Iuck ! -Thank you. Good Iuck to you,too ! 你好运.谢谢,我也祝你好运 Come and visit some day. We Iive on Mott Street, number 27. 时间来找我们 我们住在莫特街27号 -My father opened a fish shop ! -Maybe. 的父亲开了一家鱼店.有机会 He never mentioned her to me again, and I never asked. 再也没有向我提起过她 我也没有问过 At Ieast not for the next tweIve crossings. 少在跟着的12年里 Besides, he was happy, as aIways. 此以外,他想往常一样还是很高兴 His popuIarity was at its peak. 受到最大的欢迎 None of us couId have imagined what was smoIdering beneath his happiness. 们无法想象隐藏在 他的快乐之下的郁闷 Then, one evening in spring, haIf way between Genoa and New York, 一个春天的晚上 热那亚到纽约的半路上 right in the middIe of the ocean, 大海的正中央 -the paintingfeII. -Meaning ? 掉下来了.什么? Pops, have you ever asked yourseIf why paintingsfaII ? 有没有问过自己 为什么画会掉下来 No, not reaIIy. 没 I've aIways been impressed by this thing about paintings. 的脑海里经常浮现这一幕 -What'sthe painting got to do with this ? -It does. 与这个有什么关系?有关系 For Nineteen Hundred,that night went the way it does for paintings. 1900来说 那晚与画很有关联 They hang there for years and then, without anywarning . . . 在那里几年了,没有任何预兆 TheyfaII. 掉下来了 They're hanging there on that naiI, no-one touches them, 们就挂在那里,没有人动过 but at a certain point . . . 是就在一刹那 Down they faII, in absoIute siIence. 们掉下来了,一片寂静 With everything perfectIy stiII around them. 围的东西都好好的 Not even a fIy moving around. 至没有一只苍蝇飞过 And they. . . 后它们… There's no reason. Why in that instant ? 有原因的,为什么这样突然 Who knows ? 知道 What happens to anaiI
竟发生了什么事 to make it decide that it just can't anymore ? 钉子竟然不能再受重了 Does he have a souI,too, poor thing ? 也有灵魂吗?可怜的东西 -Does he make decisions ? -Let's sit down. 有作决定吗?我们坐下来吧 Did the naiI discuss this at Iength with the painting ? 子最终有和画商量一下吗 Were they unsure about doing it ? Had they taIked about it foryears ? 他们这样做有把握吗? 他们已经讨论过几年的时间了吗 Did they then decide on a date, a time, aminute, aprecise instant ? “他们有确定一个日期 时间,分钟,一个确切的时刻吗” Or did they both know about it from the start ? Was it aII set up ? 还是他们一开始就知道? 这一切都是准备好的吗 -''I'm Ietting go in seven years.'' -''That's fine with me.'' “七年内我会离开的” “我没问题” -''So it's aII set for 13 May.'' -''Okay.'' “那就在五月13号准备好” “好的” -''How about tweIve noon ?'' -''Make it tweIve forty five.'' “中午十二点怎么样?” “就十二点四十五分吧” -''AII right.'' -''So good night.'' “好.”“那晚安了” Seven years Iater, on 13 May, 七年后的五月13日 at tweIve fortyfive . . . 十二点四十五分 It's impossibIe to understand. 难以理解 It's one of those things that it's better not to think about ! “事情就是这样,最好不要去想它” When paintings faII,when you wake up one morning and you don't Iove her, “当画掉下来,当有一天早上 你起来的时候你不再爱她” when you open a newspaper and read that warhas broken out, 当你翻开报纸看到战争 已经爆发了 when you see atrain and want to Ieave, 当你看到一列火车正要起行 when you Iook in a mirror and reaIise you're oId, 当你照镜子时发现自己已经老了 when one evening, inthe middIe of the ocean, Nineteen Hundred “当有一天晚上 在大海的中央,1900” Iooks up from his pIate, Iooks me in the eye and . . . 看着我的眼睛时 Tomorrow, in New York, I'm Ieaving this ship. 明天我要在纽约下船 I was fIabbergasted. 砰的一声 Has the cat got your tongue ? 我大吃一惊 No, I'm pIeased. 你怎么结结巴巴的 But it's so sudden ! Just Iike that ! “不,我很高兴” Right,just Iike that ! 只是突然了一点 Good ! FinaIIy ! “没错,突然了一点” I have to see something. “好,很好” -What ? -The ocean. 我要去看样东西 -The ocean ? -The ocean. 什么?大海 You're puIIing my Ieg ? You've seen nothing eIse for 32 years. 大海?大海 From here. Iwant to see it from there, it's not the same thing. 你在开玩笑吗? 你看海已经看了32年了 Wait tiII we dock, Iean over the side and take a good Iook. “从这里看海 我想从别的地方看海,这不同的” No, it's not the same thing. You can hear its voice from the Iand. “我们到达码头的时候 就停靠在一边,然后再看” You can't from a ship. 不,这不同的. 你从陆地上可以听到海的声音 -What do you mean ''hear its voice?'' -Its voice. 你在船上不能够听到 The voice is . . . more than a big scream. “声音”“你指的是什么?” “她的声音” It teIIs you that Iife is immense.
这声音不仅仅是大声的喊叫 Once you've heard it,you know what you have to do to go on Iiving. 它告诉你生活是无边的 I couId stay here for years, “一旦你听到了 你就知道你以后怎么生活” but the sea wouIdn't teII me anything. 我会在这呆了几年 But if I get off, Iive on Iand for a coupIe of years, I'd be normaI, 但大海不会告诉我任何事情 Iike aII the others. “如果我上岸了,在陆地上住几年 我就会变得平常” Then one day I'II Ieave, get to a coast, 象其他人一样 Iook up, see the ocean and I'II hear it scream. “所以有一天我会离开 去一个海岸” I don't know who's been buII shitting you, or if you're making it up, “眺望大海,聆听她的声音” but I think the reaI reason you want to Ieave this ship “我不知道是哪个向你胡说八道 还是你自己乱想” is that girI. 可我想你想离开这船的 真正原因是 It's aIways a girI. 那个女孩 But even if that's not the reason, it's fine with me. Know why? 总是一个女孩 I've aIways wanted you to pIay for the peopIe on Iand, “即使不是这个原因 我还是很高兴.知道为什么吗?” marry a nice woman and have chiIdren 我一直希望你能够 为陆地上的人演奏 and aII those things in Iife which perhaps aren't immense “和一个好女孩结婚,生儿育女” but are worth the effort. 许这些东西在生活里 都不是无边的 You'II come and visit me, Max, on Iand ? 但值得去努力 Sure I wiII. “你会来探望我的 是吗,马斯,在陆地上” That way you'II introduce me to the mother of your chiIdren. 当然会 And invite me to Iunch. 你就可以介绍你孩子的 母亲给我认识了 I'II bring the dessert and a bottIe of wine. 邀请我共进午餐 You'II teII me that I shouIdn't have bothered and, 会带些甜品和酒去 whiIe you're showing me around your house, shaped Iike a ship. 你会告诉我我实在不应去打扰 your wife wiII be cooking a turkey. Then we'II sit at the tabIe. “当你带我参观你的房子时 房子装扮得向轮船” I'II teII her she's an exceIIent cook “你的妻子在烹饪火鸡 我们就坐在桌子旁” and she'II teII me that you often taIk about me. 我会告诉她她是一个好的厨师 I want to give you my cameI coat. 她就会告诉我你们经常谈论我 You'II cut a fine figure when you get down there. 我想把我的大衣给你 You think I couId have a famiIy with a horse ? 你到岸上的时候 要有一个好的身材 -Nineteen Hundred ! -Hey ! 你说我能不能和马组成家庭? I've seen so many peopIe saying goodbye on the docks without caring. 1900!你好 But when I said goodbye to Nineteen Hundred, it was a reaI bIow. 我看过很多人在码头 好象很有礼貌地道别 Look after yourseIf, aII right ? “可我跟1900道别时 我是个真正的绅士” Take care. 自己照顾自己 We Iaughed, we kept saying ''see you soon'', 保重 but we knew we'd never see each other again.“我们笑了,我们都说”“再见”“” There was nothing we couId do about it, it had to happen. “但我们都知道 我们不会再见面的了” And now it was happening. “我们都不知道应该做些什么 这始终要发生的” How do you get off?
现在就正在发生 -Here he is. -Goodbye, Nineteen Hundred ! 你们是怎样下船的? -Bye ! -Don't forget us. “他在那.再见,1900” Weary our wooIIen vest. “再见,不要忘记我们” Write to us sometimes. 穿上你的毛衣 Good Iuck ! 有时间写信给我们 -What's up ? Did he step in shit? -Maybe he forgot something. 祝你好运 Perhaps he'sforgotten why he's getting off. 怎么啦?他怎么停下来? 可能他忘记什么东西了吧 What's he doing ? 也许他忘记了为什么要下船 Whatever he saw from that damned gangpIank, 他在干吗 what kind of thoughts crossed his mind standing up there, 他从踏板上究竟 看到了什么鬼东西? he nevertoId me. 他站在那里想到了什么? -No, go away ! -Wait ! 他没有告诉我 I'II give you aII the moneyI have, take it. “不,走开!等等!” He was strange for a Iong time. He wouIdn't taIk to anyone. “我把所有的钱都给你,拿走” He preferred to be aIone for days and days. “很长一段时间里他都很怪 不和任何人说话” He seemed taken up with very personaI matters. 他宁愿一个人呆着 Then, one day whiIe Iwas sitting at the bar. . . 他好象在思考很重要的私人问题 Thanks for the coat, Max. It fit Iike a gIove. “有一天,当我坐在酒吧旁” It was areaI shame. “谢谢你的大衣,马斯.它很合身” But I'm betternow, it's aII done with. 它是一个耻辱 He Iooked Iike someone who wasn't kidding, “可现在我好多了,我没事了” someone who knew exactIy where he was going. 他不象是在开玩笑 Like when he'd sit at the piano and start to pIay. 他知道自己要做什么 There were no doubts in his hands. “就像坐在钢琴旁,准备演奏一样” It was Iike the keys had been waiting for those notes. 一点怀疑也没有 It seemed Iike he'd made them up then and there, 好象琴键一早就在等待着乐曲一样 but somewhere in his head,those notes had been written aII aIong. 好象他早已把它们调教好似的 Nineteen Hundred on that day, had decided to sit at the keyboard “但在他的心灵深处 那些乐曲也一早已写好” of his Iife and start pIaying his most absurd music. 那天1900坐在生命的琴键旁边 That this music wouId have marked the rest of his days. 开始弹奏最荒谬的一曲 Look at that guy with the trumpet, he must be drunk or haIf crazy. 这曲子将成为他余生中的标记 -Which one ? -The trumpeter. He's crying ! “看那吹喇叭的家伙 他肯定是醉了或半疯了” I Ieft the Virginian on 21 August, 1933, 哪一个?那个吹喇叭的 他在叫 with my Ieave papers and back pay. Everything in order. 日 我离开了弗吉尼亚号 I knew that sooner or Iater I'd have been through with the ocean. 拿着最后的薪水 一切都是有条不紊的 I heard no more about Nineteen Hundred and the Virginian. 我知道迟早我都会再穿越大海的 No}

我要回帖

更多关于 have a good time 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信