Afterwe all likee是什么意思

答案:C 解析:in other words换句话说.in the end终于; after all毕竟;at the same time同时.——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
答案:C 解析:in other words换句话说.in the end终于; after all毕竟;at the same time同时. 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
&Texting in the street—your funeralMillions of people are putting their livesat risk by texting their friends as they walk along busy streets, reported theDaily Mail.One in ten &41 &users hasalready been &42 &because they are so lost in their phonesthat they fail to &43 &lamp-posts or cars, according to JoannaLumdsen of Aston University. To test the danger of texting while &44&, Lumdsen did an experiment in which volunteers followed a &45&path while trying to &46 &in a message on the phone.Around them, screens &47 &upinstructions to avoid stepping on &48 &colors on the floor.She found that people missed one in five &49&because they were so busy with their phones.“In &50 &life this meansthat one in five lamp-posts or moving cars is &51 to go unnoticed by people &52 &andwalking,” she said.Her research is looking for ways cell phonemakers could improve the &53 of phones to make texting on the move &54&. That could &55 &easier-to-use voice operatedphones, or phones that respond to gestures.“The safest thing is &56 &peoplenot to text while they walk along,” she said. “ 57 &a lot of people inbusiness are &58 &to carry a mobile phone and be in &59 &24hours a day, seven days a week. They are under pressure to reply to calls &60&, and to respond to text messages and emails straight away.
A. textbook
B. electric bike
C. mobile phone
D. computer
A. injured
B. admitted
C. attacked
D. rewarded
B. notice
D. search
A. riding
B. working
C. shopping
D. walking
A. colored
B. marked
C. narrow
D. dangerous
A. answer
A. brightened
B. flashed
C. lighted
A. particular
B. different
C. similar
D. various
A. instructions
B. explanations
C. experiments
D. solutions
B. modern
D. lively
A. possible
B. probable
D. likely
A. speaking
B. texting
C. thinking
D. waiting
A. appearance
B. invention
C. quality
D. design
A. easier
C. quicker
D. clearer
A. include
B. attend
C. obtain
D. consider
A. expected
B. driven
C. intended
D. honored
A. service
C. contact
D. freedom
A. immediately
B. seriously
C. conveniently
D. pleasantly
【答案】 21.C 22.A 23.B 24.D 25.A 26.C 27.B 28.A 29.A 30.C 31.D 32.B 33.D 34.B 35.A 36.B 37.A 38.A 39.C 40.A 【解析】 略 【题型】完型填空 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】Texting in the street, 社会现象类 【结束】 13【题文】“Hurry, Mommy! Let’s go trick-or-treating!” My daughter waited by the door in her pink princess skirt while I prayed in the living room. Usually I liked taking her out on Halloween, but this year I was sad. I was worried about my mother, who was in China on vacation. I got a call that afternoon that she had slipped and fallen on the hard floor of her hotel and broken her leg. She was taken to a hospital in Beijing. Mom was nervous because she couldn’t understand any of the doctors. If only I could do something to help her! I knew I couldn’t let my worries spoil my daughter’s fun. There was nothing I could do for Mom except pray, I thought. We left the house and went down the block. I was so upset that I hardly took notice of the kids around me. There came the man to whose son I’d once given piano lessons. “Hello there,” I said, greeting him and the boy at his side. “Hello,” the father answered. “Having fun?”“I’m trying,” I said. “Why, what’s wrong?” he asked. I told him the whole story. “My mother, in China, broke her leg and didn’t understand any of the doctors. And I’m too far away to do anything!” I said. He raised his eyebrows. “Beijing, you said?” he asked. I nodded. He smiled. “Believe it or not, my sister is a doctor at an English-speaking hospital there. If you want, I’ll make a call right away and we’ll try and get your mom transferred (转移).” A few days later I sat in the living room with my daughter as she finished the last of the candy. “Mommy, how far away is China?” she asked. “Not as far as I thought,” I said. 41.What did the author’s daughter want to do?
A.Pray with the author.
B.Enjoy herself outside.
C.Play a trick on her mom.
D.Go to the theatre to see a play.
42.What was the author’s mother worried about most?
A.She couldn’t get used to the life in Beijing.
B.She was hurt in the leg badly while travelling.
C.She was too old and weak to pray for her daughter.
D.She couldn’t make herself understood by the doctor.
43.The author hardly took notice of the kids around because _____ .
A.she was calling her mother
B.she felt very sad at that time
C.she was about to give a lesson
D.she couldn’t find her daughter
44. We can infer from the text that _____ .
A.the man’s sister would help the author’s mother
B.the author would come to China to see her mother
C.the author was a famous music teacher in the town
D.the author’s daughter wanted to travel in China
【答案】 45.B&&&&&&&&&&& 46.D 47.B 48.A 【解析】 略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】my mother,家庭生活类 【结束】 14【题文】It is winter in many parts of the world. For some areas, that means snow. Maybe even lots of snow. If you don’t have to drive in it or remove it, snow can be very beautiful. When snow covers everything around you, the world looks like a “winter wonderland”. That is the name of a very popular song about winter. Richard Smith and Felix Bernard wrote the song back in 1934. There are hundreds of recordings of this happy song. But winter is not always such a beautiful and happy time. It’s cold outside. You try hard to keep warm. The days are darker and shorter. The sun rarely shines. The leaves on the trees are brown. It isn’t surprising that some people are sad in winter. And some people dream about being somewhere else where it’s warm and pretty—like the state of California. The Mamas and the Papas recorded this famous song “California Dreaming”. During the 1960s, many other famous rock groups released songs about winter. Here is a poetic song by Simon and Garfunkel called “A Hazy Shade of Winter”. They sing about life and hope and possibilities. In 1968, the group Blood, Sweat and Tears recorded this gentle, sad song about winter. They sing about a lost love and forgotten memories in “Sometimes in Winter”. In the early 1990s, Tori Amos wrote and recorded the beautiful song called “Winter”. She enjoyed singing about winter when she was a child. Finally, on a happier note comes this song written and recorded by Fountains of Wayne in 2003. They sing about a snowstorm in a New England town. Nothing unusual there. But instead of being sad or tense about the snow, they write a song about it. 49. The underlined sentence “For some areas, that means snow.” probably means& _____ .
A.In some areas, when it’s winter, it must snow
B.In some areas, it often snows in winter
C.In some areas, it’s important to snow
D.In some areas, people like snow in winter
50. According to the second paragraph, winter is _____ .
A.beautiful and happy
B.happy and warm
C.lovely and hopeful
D.cold and sad
51.Which of the songs can bring us hope of life?
A.Winter Wonderland.
B.California Dreaming.
C.A Hazy Shade of Winter.
D.Sometimes in Winter.
52.What does the passage mainly talk about?
A.Winter in different areas.
B.Different ideas about winter.
C.Songs about winter.
D.Winter is cold but happy.
【答案】 53.B 54.D 55.C 56.C 【解析】 略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】winter,自然类 【结束】 15【题文】A number of scientific studies have suggested that repeatedly heading a football could increase the risk of developing dementia (痴呆症) in later life. In 2002, former England international footballer Jeff Astle died aged 59. A coroner (验尸官) said that Astle died from a brain disease likely to have been caused by “repeated small damages to the brain” related to heading a heavy leather football. Dr. Scott Delaney, research director of emergency medicine at McGill University Health Center in Montreal, Canada, has also researched soccer-related head injury and agrees that head-to-head or elbow-to-head blows are the real risk. In 2007, Delaney carried out a study on footballers aged between 12 and 17 that showed they were half as likely to be concussed (使脑部受到震荡) wearing headgear (帽) than without. He said youngsters have a higher risk of head injury than adults because their heads are thinner and less able to absorb shock. To make matters worse, their neck muscles aren’t as well developed and they often lack the correct heading technique that can help throw away the force of the ball. Delaney recommends that children wear headgear when playing football and says his two eldest children wear head protection playing the sport. But he admits that children can be unwilling to be the first to wear head protection—especially when their football heroes play without it. While headgear can protect footballers from being concussed during a match, no one knows the long-term effects of repeated “sub-concussive” blows to the head. Delaney says that while there is indirect evidence that a career in soccer can lead to dementia, no one has yet found a sure link between the two. He says proving a link would mean monitoring hundreds of footballers for three or four decades—and that would take a lot of funding. 57.Which might be the best title of the passage?
A.Playing football may lead to brain damage.
B.Repeated small damages to the brain.
C.Footballers should wear headgear when playing. .
D.Evidence to dementia.
58.According to Delaney’s research, what is the most risky injuries to head?
A.Long-term effects of blows.
B.Wearing head protection.
C.Underdeveloped neck muscles.
D.Head-to-head or elbow-to-head blows.
59. Children are unwilling to wear headgear because they think _____ .
A.headgear is harmful to their heads
B.headgear influences their skills
C.they should follow their idols
D.they mustn’t lead the fashion
60.It can be inferred from the last paragraph that _____ .
A.Delaney has studied dementia for three or four decades
B.few footballers would like to be studied in the research
C.funding is important in order to carry out the research.
D.no one can find the link between playing football and dementia
【答案】 61.A 62.D 63.C 64.C 【解析】 略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】the risk of developing dementia 痴呆症,医学类 【结束】 16【题文】根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。 Are You Ready for College? Before you send in your college applications, keep this in mind: it’s not the norm (准则) in every culture for students to go to college right out of high school. &65.&&So if you find yourself applying for college simply because it’s the thing to do after high school, think again. Going to college right after high school may be the norm in your community, but it’s not the norm everywhere and it may not be the best decision for you. &66.&&Yes, higher education often gives young people a big advantage in the working world, but not always. A solid technical or business school application can give you an advantage as well, and if the environment seems like a better one for you than a traditional college campus, this might be your best choice. A lot of people lead successful lives with a high school education and years of work experience. The price of a college or university education has become a serious burden for young people and their families. &&67.&In some cases, putting off college for a year or two while a student earns money full time can make sense. &&68.&& &&69.&&Almost all students suffer from homesickness, but for some students, the transition may be too much to deal with.
A.Is going to college always the best choice for high school graduates?
B.Spend some time considering your choices before sending in your applications.
C.Besides, it’s quite possible that going to college is not the right choice for you.
D.During this time, the student can take a few inexpensive classes at a community college.
E. So students take massive amounts of loans, which can take decades to pay off. F. Many young people have other choices, like military service, work experience,
community service or travel.
G. The transition from high school to college is an emotional challenge for almost everybody,
especially if you move away from home. 【答案】 70.F&&&&&&&&&&& 71.C 72.E 73.D 74.G 【解析】 略 【题型】其他 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】Are You Ready for College?,学习类 【结束】 17【题文】阅读下列每个句子,根据空白处的汉语提示,填入适当词汇。每空仅限一词。 75.Now the government is paying more attention to _____ (农业). &&&&&&&&& 76.W&&&&&out! There is a car coming!&&&&& 77. felt so sleepy that I couldn’t stop _____ (打哈欠). 78. From her &&&&&(面部)expression we can read her dissatisfaction.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 79.Customs officers examined all &&&&&&(行李) at the airport. 80. It’s an old t&&&&&for Chinese to get together and eat dumplings on the eve of the Spring Festival.&&&& 81.They didn’t fight, but stood there _____ (怒视) at each other.&& 82.You should receive a reply w&&&&&seven days.&&&&&& 83.They are having a heated a&&&&&over whether drinking is bad for health. 84. The lake &&&&&(包围) by trees is a nice place to visit. 85.After his wife died, the man often d&&&&&his sadness in wine. 【答案】 86.agriculture &&&&&&&&&&&& 87.Watch&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 88.yawning &&&&&&&&&&&&& 89.facial&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 90.baggage/ luggage
91.tradition&&&&&& 92.glaring& 93.within
94.argument&&&&&& 95.surrounded&&&&&&&&&& 96.drowned 【解析】 略 【题型】单词拼写 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】单词拼写 【结束】 18【题文】每个句子有且仅有一处错误,或错一词, 或多一词,或少一词。 如本句错一词,在错词下划一横线,并在横线下写出修改后的词; 如本句多一词,把多余的词用斜线(﹨)划掉; 如本句缺一词,在缺词处加一漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写上该加的词。 注意:未按照要求答题不得分。 97. He loved the novel so many that he read it for three times. 98.Canada is the second most largest country in the world.
99.Parents react strong to the program of quality education.
100.It is clear is that the moon is smaller than the earth. 101. With the baby well cared for, the parents will free of worries at work.
102.When I was driving to work, my car suddenly broke up and I had to repair it by myself.&&&&&& 103.Tony approached Julia, touched her shoulder and kissed her on cheek. 104.H however, he couldn’t play in the game. 105. The soldiers fought in defend of their country’s safety. 106.You’d better take the old bridge as the new one is built. 【答案】 107.He loved the novel so many that he read it for three times. much 108.Canada is the second most largest country in the world.
﹨ 109. Parents react strong to the program of quality education.
strongly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 110.It is clear is that the moon is smaller than the earth. What 或&﹨&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 111.With the baby well cared for, the parents will ∧ free of worries at work.
be 112.When I was driving to work, my car suddenly broke up and I had to repair it by myself.&&&&&& down&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 113.Tony approached Julia, touched her shoulder and kissed her on ∧ cheek. the 114.H however, he couldn’t play in the game. therefore/ hence 115.The soldiers fought in defend of their country’s safety. defense/ defence 116.You’d better take the old bridge as the new one is ∧ built. being 【解析】 略 【题型】短文改错 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】单句改错 【结束】 19【题文】假如你是某所中学的一名学生,3月22日(世界水日)你参加了你们班开展的一系列节水宣传活动。请根据以下提示,以日记的形式记录当天的活动内容. 1)上午开班会,讨论节水宣传活动; 2)下午2点,去社区发宣传材料(leaflets); 3)下午3点,邀来的专家在社区做相关演讲; 4)演讲后,与邻居们讨论,提出节水建议. 注意:① 词数100左右。开头已为你写好,不计入总词数。 ② 可适当增加内容以使行文连贯. March 22, 2011&& Tuesday&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Sunny Today is World Water Day._________________________________________&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 【答案】 March 22, 2011&& Tuesday&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Sunny Today is World Water Day.In the morning, we had a class meeting talking about what to do on this special day. Finally, we reached an agreement and immediately began to make preparations for the afternoon’s activities. At 2:00 p.m., we went to the neighboring community to hand out leaflets, calling on people to save water. Around 3 o’clock, the expert we invited gave an excellent speech on the current water crisis in China. He talked about the drought in the Southwest and the severe shortage of water in our city. The speech had a strong appeal to all the people present, including me. After the speech, we had a discussion with our neighbors about various ways of saving water in our daily life. I suggested turning off the water tap immediately after using it, and a granny came up with the ideas of reusing the water from kitchen, for example, the water after washing fruits and vegetables can be used to water flowers and so on. Today, I have had a better understanding of the importance of saving water and really learnt a lot about saving water. 【解析】 略 【题型】书面表达 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】世界水日 【结束】
I ran across an old photo of him the otherday, thinking of some old things. He’s been dead for 25 years. His name wasRex.36& washis favorite recreation(娱乐). He had so much 37 in the water as any person I have known.You didn’t have to throw a stick in the water to 38 him to go in. Ofcourse, he would bring back a stick to you if you 39 throw one in.That 40 me of that night, 41he brought back a small box that he found somewhere--- how 42 nobodyever knew. Since it was Rex, it 43 easily have been half a race. The boxwasn’t a good one. It was just a 44 old piece that somebody 45.Still it was something he wanted, probably 46 there was some difficultyin transportation(运输). And that he thought could test his courage. We first knew abouthis achievement when, deep in the night, we 47 him trying to get the boxup onto the porch(门厅). It sounded 48 two or three people were trying to tear thehouse 49 . We came downstairs and turned on the 50 light. Rex wason the top step trying to pull the thing up, but it had 51somehow. Andhe was just holding his own(坚持着). I suppose he would have held his own 52 dawn if we hadn’thelped him. The next day we carried the box miles away and threw it out. If wehad thrown it out in a 53 place, he would have brought it home again, asa small token(象征)ofhis strength in such matters. 54, he had been taught to carry heavywooden objects about and he was 55 of his skill.
A. Fighting
B. Swimming
C. Barking
D. Running
B. trouble
C. danger
D. difficulty
A. reminds
D. .suggests
C. should
A. priceless
B. worthless
C. valuable
D. important
B. forgot
C. deserted(遗弃)
D. remained
A. because
B. only if
C. even if
D. in case
C. watched
D. caught
D. at least
B. kitchen
C. bedroom
A. rolled
B. stopped
C. caught
D. broken
B. before
D. during
A. distant
B. nearby
C. silent
A. In all
B. As a result
C. At last
D. After all
C. ashamed
D. doubtful
【答案】 21.B 22.A 23.C 24.C 25.A 26.D 27.A 28.A 29.B 30.C 31.A 32.B 33.C 34.D 35.D 36.C 37.C 38.B 39.D 40.A 【解析】略 【题型】完型填空 【适用】一般 【标题】2011届云南省昆明三中高三上学期第二次月考英语卷 【关键字标签】人物传记类 【结束】 11【题文】& With its budget of $80 million , John Woo as director, and an all-star cast(明星云集的演员阵容), Red Cliff is the most expensive and ambitious Asian-financed film ever. Last week I saw the release of the second part, and boy oh boy does it shows. But watching the film as a foreigner I felt I was missing out on something. Not knowing my Cao Cao's from my Zhou Yu's, I was not even sure whom I wanted to win. Certainly after the opening scene, in which Cao Cao is seen watching a game of Cuju, an ancient Chinese variation of football, I knew who had my support. After all, any man who enjoys his football is someone after my own heart. But after Cao Cao resorted to some evil strategies against his enemies in the south, I wasn't so sure he was the man I should be rooting for.
And there is a lot more to Red Cliff 2 than just extravagant battle scenes. The film does not take itself too seriously. Conversations between leaders are littered with one-liners, many of which had the audience in laughter. There is even enough to keep fans of more romantic entertainment happy too. This includes a charming relationship between a southern spy(侦探)and an innocent northern soldier. The characters' interaction provides some genuinely heart-warming moments in the middle of the battle. Clocking in at(结束于)around two hours, the film certainly does justice to the history story. When I walked out the cinema, I felt as drained(精疲力竭) as Cao Cao's soldiers must have 1,800 years ago. 41.By expressing “boy oh boy” in the first paragraph, the author seems to show that _______.
A.the film characters are like boys who are childish.
B.the film provides amazing and surprising scenes for audience.
C.the film is suitable for younger boys to watch.
D.the film scene is so bloody that boys shouldn’t watch it.
42.When did the author change his attitude toward Cao Cao?
A.When he read the history story about Cao Cao.
B.When he saw Cao Cao was watching a game of Cuju,
C.When he realized that Cao Cao took some bad measures to beat his enemies.
D.When he saw the romantic love story of Cao Cao and a southern spy.
43.The following factors of the film are all mentioned in the passage except_______.
A.high budget
B.leading roles
C.actors and actress
D.conversations
44.From the passage we can infer that_______.
A.the author is a football fan in a foreign country.
B.Cuju is the name of an ancient Chinese variation of football.
C.the film Red Cliff 2 lasts about two hours.
D.the author was very tired after about two hours’ battle.
【答案】 45.B 46.C 47.C 48.A 【解析】略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】一般 【标题】2011届云南省昆明三中高三上学期第二次月考英语卷 【关键字标签】新闻报道类 【结束】 12【题文】Safety and Security Procedures Your safety and the security of your personal property are of the primary concern to those of us who welcome you as our guest. We urge you to take advantage of the following suggestions. YOUR VEHICLE Lock your vehicle and do not leave money or valuable items inside. We are not responsible for their loss. TRAVELING Be good at noticing things around you when sightseeing or traveling. Stay in well-lit and heavily traveled areas. Don’t display large amounts of cash. GUEST ROOM SECURITY For additional security use the deadbolt (插锁) provided on your door and make sure the windows are locked. As an additional precautious measure, please secure the secondary locks provided. Do not admit anyone to your room without first making identification. A one-way viewer is provided in your door to assist with identification. If there is any doubt about the person’s identity, please contact the Front Desk. SAFETY BOXES Do not leave money or valuables in your room or vehicle. We provide free safety boxes for your use. Hotel is not responsible for items left in room valued over $200. KEYS Safeguard your key. Please do not leave it in the door. Do not give your key to others or leave it unattended. Please leave your key at the Front Desk when you check out. REPORTING Please report any suspicious activity, or safety concerns to management. FIRE Please familiarize yourself with the nearest fire exits. Report fire or smoke to the hotel operator. In the unlikely event of a fire, please move quickly and calmly to the nearest safe exit and leave the building. Avoid the use of elevator. 49.The suggestions are most probably from ______.
A.a hotel manager
B.a police officer
C.an experienced traveler
D.a tour guide
50.Which of the following is TRUE?
A.It is advised to travel to places where there are few people.
B.The hotel is not responsible for anything you lose.
C.Don’t report to the manager unless you are sure something is going wrong.
D.You’d better use the deadbolt and the secondary locks for safety.
51. If you feel doubtful about a stranger who knocks at the door, you should _____.
A.let the person in after you have got his/her name
B.open the door to check the person’s ID card
C.call the Front Desk to make sure
D.contact the local police for assistance
52.What does the underlined part “In the unlikely event of a fire” mean?
A.In case a fire happens, though it is not very possible
B.If a fire happens when some big events are taking place.
C.In case a fire happens in a public building.
D.If a fire breaks out and it is getting out of control.
【答案】 53.A 54.D 55.C 56.A 【解析】略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】一般 【标题】2011届云南省昆明三中高三上学期第二次月考英语卷 【关键字标签】广告布告类 【结束】 13【题文】The new iPhone 3G should please everyone. Its look and feel are only slightly improved, but a faster network loads Web pages more quickly, true GPS functionality allows it to easily find places nearby, and the new $199 price (down from $400) makes it an affordable luxury.
Before deciding whether to buy, however, make sure you can actually take advantage of the iPhone 3G's high-speed data network. 3G stands for third-generation, which in non-geek speak translates to Web pages and mail messages that, ideally, load about three times faster than on the original iPhone. Even better, 3G coverage enables you to make a phone call and surf the Web at the same time. That's great, if you live or work in a place where the 3G network of AT&T(美国电话电报公司)&(the sole wireless carrier of the iPhone) is active. That's not so great in cities like New York where AT&T's cellular coverage is awful. As one of my colleagues in New York City, who bought the original iPhone, commented, &It's just a toy. You can't make phone calls on it, so I carry my Verizon phone with me all the time.&
The real fun begins when you tap on the icon called &App Store& and start browsing the hundreds of add-on applications that have been developed just for the iPhone. You'll find tons of games (I like JirboBreak, a free game inspired by the Atari classic Breakout) and mobile versions of popular websites like Pandora, Facebook, MySpace and the New York Times. Most apps will cost you, but the vast majority are $9.99 or less. The apps work on the old iPhones too, but you'll enjoy them a lot more on the iPhone 3G because many of the programs, including Yelp (local business reviews), Whrrl (mobile social networking) and UrbanSpoon (restaurant reviews), use your exact location — provided by the iPhone 3G's GPS chip — to make recommendations. The apps also load much faster over the 3G network. 57.The new iPhone 3G has following features except that _______
A.It looks and feels better
B.It has a faster network
C.It is easy to locate a place
D.It is too expensive for people to buy
58.Why do one of my colleagues carry Verizon phone with him all the time? ______.
A.Because iPhone 3G is just a toy.
B.ecause he prefers Verizon phone better.
C.Because AT&T's cellular coverage is terrible there
D.Because Verizon phone enables him make a phone call and surf the Web at the same time
59.Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the passage. ____.
A.App Store will offer you great fun.
B.many apps have been developed for the iPhone.
C.Most apps are very expensive.
D.Pandora, Facebook, MySpace and the New York Times are popular websites.
60.From the passage we know that the attitude of the author toward iPhone 3G is _____.
A.doubtful
B.appreciative
C.optimistic
D.pessimistic
【答案】 61.D 62.C 63.C 64.B 【解析】略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】一般 【标题】2011届云南省昆明三中高三上学期第二次月考英语卷 【关键字标签】经济类 【结束】 14【题文】Birds that are half-asleep—with one brain hemisphere (半球) alert and the other sleeping—control which side of the brain remains awake, according to a new study of sleeping ducks. Earlier studies have documented half-brain sleep in a wide range of birds. The brain hemispheres take turns sinking into the sleep stage characterized by slow brain waves. The eye controlled by the sleeping hemisphere keeps shut, while the wakeful hemisphere’s eye stays open and alert. Birds also can sleep with both hemispheres resting at once. Decades of studies of bird groups led researchers to predict extra alertness in the end-of-the-row sleepers which tend to be attacked more easily. Sure enough, the end birds tended to watch carefully on the side away from their companions. Ducks in the inner spots showed no preference for gaze direction. Also, birds napping at the end of the line depend on single-hemisphere sleep, rather than total relaxation, more often than inner ducks did. Turning 16 birds through the positions in a four-duck row, the researchers found that compared with 12 percent for birds in internal spots, outer birds half-asleep during some 32 percent of napping time. “We believe this is the first evidence for an animal behaviorally controlling sleep and wakefulness at the same time in different regions of the brain,” the researchers say. The results provide the best evidence for a long-standing assumption that single-hemisphere sleep evolved as creatures scanned for enemies. The preference for opening an eye on the lookout side could be widespread, he predicts. He’s seen it in a pair of birds napping side-by-side in the zoo and in a single pet bird sleeping by a mirror. The mirror-side eye closed as if the reflection were a companion and the other eye stayed open. Useful as half-sleeping might be, it’s only been found in birds and such water animals as dolphins, whales, and seals. Perhaps keeping one side of the brain awake allows a sleeping animal to surface occasionally to avoid drowning. Studies of birds may offer unique insights into sleep. Jerome M. Siegel of the UCLA says he wonders if birds’ half-brain sleep “is just the tip of the iceberg.” He supposes that more examples may turn up when we take a closer look at other species. 65.According to the passage, birds often half sleep because ______.
A.they have to watch out for possible attacks
B.their brain hemispheres take turns to rest
C.the two halves of their brain are differently structured
D.they have to constantly keep an eye on their companions
66.What is implied about the example of a bird’s sleeping in front of a mirror?
A.An imagined companion gives the bird a sense of security.
B.Birds prefer to sleep in pairs for the sake of their security.
C.The phenomenon of birds napping in pairs is widespread.
D.A single pet bird enjoys seeing its own reflection in the mirror.
67. While sleeping, some water animals tend to keep half awake in order to ______.
A.alert themselves to the approaching enemy
B.emerge from water now and then to breathe
C.be sensitive to the ever-changing environment
D.avoid being swept away by rapid currents
68.By saying “just the tip of the iceberg”, Siegel suggests that ______.
A.half-brain sleep has something to do with icy weather
B.the mystery of half-brain sleep is close to being solved
C.most birds living in cold regions tend to be half sleepers
D.half-brain sleep may exist among other species
【答案】 69.A 70.A 71.B 72.D 【解析】略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】一般 【标题】2011届云南省昆明三中高三上学期第二次月考英语卷 【关键字标签】科普类 【结束】 15【题文】People in China, as in other parts of the world, are waiting to see how U.S. President-elect Barack Obama will deal with global problems such as the current economic slowdown once he takes office. As Sam Beattie reports from Beijing, there is widespread hope for closer U.S.-Chinese cooperation.
For many students in Beijing, Mr. Obama symbolizes all that is possible in the United States. He's a popular winner here, seen as a self-made man who has made it to the top.
&I think he is very charming, and a president who can create a new era,& said Zhang Wei, a university student. &I like him very much and most of my friends do too.& Ni Weibo, another university student, agrees. &Sino-U.S. relations still need more cooperation,& she said. &I think he will help take it to a new era.& China's President Hu Jintao congratulated Mr. Obama within hours of his victory, saying he hoped bilateral ties could be made stronger. Political analysts here say China will be looking for the incoming president to avoid contentious issues such as Taiwan's independence, human rights and Tibet. Instead, they say Beijing would like Mr. Obama to focus on solving the global economic crisis, and to help China's slowing economy by opening up U.S. markets.
But trade relations might be a sticking point, says Renmin University's Professor of International Studies, Shi Yinhong. He warns, &There is a possibility that President Obama will take some protectionist measures which China will not accept, then trade disputes could develop to a degree that we have not seen ever before.& Despite making the headlines, Mr. Obama faces some tough challenges in managing the U.S. relationship with China. China is now a stronger and more confident country than the China his
predecessors dealt with. And in this time of economic uncertainty, analysts say it's a country with which Mr. Obama will want to maintain a good relationship. 73.What can we infer from the first three paragraphs?
A.Mr. Obama was popular with many students in Beijing mostly because he will take office soon.
B.Economic slowdown is the big problem that the world is facing and looking forward to solve except US
C.China’s President Hu Jintao congratulated Obama on his victory within hours.
D.Through Obama’s being elected, we can see all is possible in US and a new relationship may come.
74.What is not mentioned in this passage?
A.What Barack Obama is expected to do in dealing with the US-China relationship.
B.Why Barack Obama will maintain a good relationship with China.
C.How Barack Obama will deal with the current economic slowdown.
D.What image Barack Obama has given to Chinese people.
75. What does “ a sticking point”( in para.7 ) mean?
A.a twist point
B.a disputed point
C.a good beginning
D.a understanding point
76.What is the best title for this report?
A.US-Chinese Cooperation Under the Current Economic Slowdown
B.Obama, Seen As A Popular Winner In China
C.Chinese Want Stronger Ties With US Under Obama Administration
D.The Current Economic Problem faces China As Well As US
【答案】 77.D 78.C 79.B 80.C 【解析】略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】一般 【标题】2011届云南省昆明三中高三上学期第二次月考英语卷 【关键字标签】政治经济文化类 【结束】
LONDON —A British judge on Thursday sentenced a businessman who sold fake (假冒的)bomb detectors (探测器) to 10 years in prison, saying the man hadn’t cared about potentially deadly consequences. It is believed that James McCormick got about $77. 8 million from the sales of his detectors — which were based on a kind of golf ball finder — to countries including Iraq, Belgium and Saudi Arabia.
McCormick, 57,was convicted (判罪) of cheats last month and sentenced Thursday at the Old Bailey court in London. “Your cheating conduct in selling a great amount of useless equipment simply for huge profit promoted a false sense of security and in all probability materially contributed to causing death and injury to innocent people,’’ Judge Richard Hone told McCormick. “You have neither regret, nor shame, nor any sense of guilt.” The detectors, sold for up to $ 42,000 each, were said to be able to find such dangerous objects as bombs under water and from the air. But in fact they “lacked any grounding in science” and were of no use. McCormick had told the court that he sold his detectors to the police in Kenya,the prison service in Hong Kong, the army in Egypt and the border control in Thailand. “I never had any bad results from customers,” he said. 39. Why was McCormick sentenced to prison? A. He sold bombs.&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. He caused death of people. C. He made detectors.&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. He cheated in business. 40. According to the judge, what McCormick had done ________ . A. increased the cost of safeguarding B. lowered people’s guard against danger C. changed people’s idea of social security D. caused innocent people to commit crimes 41. Which of the following is true of the detectors? A. They have not been sold to Africa. B. They have caused many serious problems. C. They can find dangerous objects in water. D. They don't function on the basis of science. 42. It can be inferred from the passage that McCormick _________ . A. sold the equipment at a low price B. was well-known in most countries C. did not think he had committed the crime D. had not got such huge profit as mentioned in the text 【语篇解读】本文是一篇记叙文,题材是新闻报道。本文报道了一条卖假冒炸弹探测器的商人被判10年徒刑的新闻。
关键词、句
第一部分(Para. 1-3)
McCormick, 57,was convicted of cheats last month and sentenced Thursday at the Old Bailey court in London
新闻案件的简介:57岁的McCormick上月被起诉诈骗并于周三在伦敦的Old Bailey court法庭被判刑。
第二部分(Para. 4)
cheating conduct, promoted a false sense of security, contributed to causing death and injury to innocent people
法官宣判:罪犯的欺骗行为增强了人们虚假的安全感并促使导致给无辜百姓带来死亡和伤害。
第三部分(Para. 5-7)
But in fact they “lacked any grounding in science” and were of no use, sold…to… , never had any bad results
案件细节及当事人的反诉:假冒炸弹探测器被销往世界各地,但它根本没有科学依据,也毫无用处。罪犯狡辩假冒产品没有给用户带来任何不良后果。
【解析】 39. D。细节理解题。难度:中等。问题是“为什么McCormick被判刑入狱”。根据问题中的关键词sentenced to prison定位原文第一段。第一段说到McCormick是一位商人,生产了假冒的炸弹探测器,这是一种商业欺骗。选项D和其对应,为正确答案。 40. B。细节理解题。难度:难。问题是“根据法官的说法,McCormick的所为导致了什么样的结果”。根据问题中的关键词according to the judge定位第四段的第一句:your cheating conduct … promoted a false sense of security and … contributed to causing death and injury to innocent people(你的欺骗行为提高了人们虚假的安全感并助推给无辜百姓带来死亡和伤害)。由此可见,McCormick的行为让人们有了安全感,但这种安全并不真实。B “降低了人们防范危险的安全意识”符合此意,为正确答案。 41. D。判断题。难度:难。问题是“下面哪种说法对探测仪来说是正确的”。 解题思路:根据问题中的关键词detectors,把四个选项具体对应到原文中一处。A对应文章倒数第二段的最后一句he sold his detectors to the police in Kenya,the prison service in Hong Kong, the army in Egypt and the border control in Thailand。该句中的Kenya是非洲的肯尼亚,否定了A的说法。B对应第一段第一句“the man hadn’t cared about potentially deadly consequences”,法官只说罪犯没有关注潜在的致命后果,而不是已经导致严重的问题。C对应第五段的第一句话“were said to be able to find such dangerous objects as bombs under water and from the air”提示,探测仪的功能只是据说,而不一定真的具备找到水中危险物品的功能。选项D定位第五段的最后一句“in fact they ‘lacked any grounding in science’ and were of no use可知,这种探测仪没有科学根据,也毫无用途,和D“没有科学根据的工作原理”相吻合,故最佳答案是D。 42. D。推理判断题。难度:中等。 解题思路:返回原文,将选项与原文一一进行比较。 本题主要考查第四段和第七段。A“以低价销售设备”与原文第四段第一句不符,因为该句提到法官指控McCormick通过卖一些无用的设备来巨额利润。B“在大多数国家很有名”与文中提到的区区几个国家和地区Iraq,Belgium,Saudi Arabia,Kenya,Hong Kong,Egypt和Thailand购买他的探测仪不符。C“认为他没有犯罪”和第七段对应,其中他所说的“I never had any bad results from customers”和C符合,C是正确答案。D“他没有赚取文中提到的那么大利润”在原文没有语言根据。
_________ to the efforts by the headmaster,I can go back to school now.
B. Refers
D. Thanks
【答案】D 【解析】略 【题型】单项选择 【适用】较易 【标题】2010年广东省曾宪梓中学高二上学期英语10月月考英语卷 【关键字标签】介词短语 【结束】 6【题文】---What are the police doing? ---They are _________the mountain ___________ the escaped prisoner.
A. searching, in
B. searching at, for
C. searching, for
D. searching for, for
【答案】C 【解析】略 【题型】单项选择 【适用】较易 【标题】2010年广东省曾宪梓中学高二上学期英语10月月考英语卷 【关键字标签】介词 【结束】 7【题文】The young dancers looked so charming in their beautiful clothes that we took __________ pictures of them.
A. many of
B. a large amount of
C. the number of
D. masses of
【答案】D 【解析】略 【题型】单项选择 【适用】较易 【标题】2010年广东省曾宪梓中学高二上学期英语10月月考英语卷 【关键字标签】量词 【结束】 8【题文】___________ in thought, he almost ran into the car in front of him
A. Losing
B. Having lost
D. To lose
【答案】C 【解析】略 【题型】单项选择 【适用】较易 【标题】2010年广东省曾宪梓中学高二上学期英语10月月考英语卷 【关键字标签】非谓语动词 【结束】 9【题文】The old lady treats the boy as if he __________ her own child.
A. had been
【答案】C 【解析】略 【题型】单项选择 【适用】较易 【标题】2010年广东省曾宪梓中学高二上学期英语10月月考英语卷 【关键字标签】虚拟语气 【结束】 10【题文】John wasn’t quite _________ the way the barber cut his hair.
A. satisfied with
B. gone with
C. satisfying with
D. satisfy with
【答案】A 【解析】略 【题型】单项选择 【适用】较易 【标题】2010年广东省曾宪梓中学高二上学期英语10月月考英语卷 【关键字标签】非谓语动词 【结束】 11【题文】He __________ starve to death ___________ beg for food on the street.
A. would rather, when
B. would rather, than
C. would rather, then
D. prefer, than
【答案】B 【解析】略 【题型】单项选择 【适用】较易 【标题】2010年广东省曾宪梓中学高二上学期英语10月月考英语卷 【关键字标签】固定句式 【结束】 12【题文】He regretted very much __________ unkind things about his friends.
A. having said
B. to say
D. to be said
【答案】A 【解析】略 【题型】单项选择 【适用】较易 【标题】2010年广东省曾宪梓中学高二上学期英语10月月考英语卷 【关键字标签】非谓语动词 【结束】 13【题文】It is considered no use _________ against the deadly disease.
A. struggling
B. struggle
C. to struggle
D. for struggle
【答案】A 【解析】略 【题型】单项选择 【适用】较易 【标题】2010年广东省曾宪梓中学高二上学期英语10月月考英语卷 【关键字标签】非谓语动词 【结束】 14【题文】I saw Bob play the piano at John’s party and on that __________ he was simply brilliant.
B. occasion
C. circumstance
D. situation
【答案】B 【解析】略 【题型】单项选择 【适用】较易 【标题】2010年广东省曾宪梓中学高二上学期英语10月月考英语卷 【关键字标签】名词 【结束】 15【题文】It was such an __________ performance that it ___________ all the audience.
A. astonished, astonishing
B. astonished, astonished
C. astonishing, astonishing
D. astonishing, astonished
【答案】D 【解析】略 【题型】单项选择 【适用】较易 【标题】2010年广东省曾宪梓中学高二上学期英语10月月考英语卷 【关键字标签】非谓语动词 【结束】 16【题文】The telephone system _________ during the big earthquake in Sichuan Province.
A. broke down
B. broke into
C. broke up
D. broke through
【答案】A 【解析】略 【题型】单项选择 【适用】较易 【标题】2010年广东省曾宪梓中学高二上学期英语10月月考英语卷 【关键字标签】动词短语 【结束】 17【题文】They had their electricity __________ because they didn’t pay the bill.
A. cut out
B. cut off
C. cut up
D. cut down
【答案】B 【解析】略 【题型】单项选择 【适用】较易 【标题】2010年广东省曾宪梓中学高二上学期英语10月月考英语卷 【关键字标签】动词短语 【结束】
Your mobile phone rings,and instead of usual electronic signals,it’s playing your favorite music.A friend sends your favorite song to cheer you up.One day,a record company might forward new records and music videos to your phone The mobile business is getting into the music business.For the moment,the interest is in pleasant ring tones,but some companies are hoping to take full advantage of the next generation of mobile phones-all-purpose gadgets that blend phone,personal stereo,video player and Internet browser into one. Finally,record companies might send new records and videos to fans who register their cell phone numbers. The fans could pass music or songs along to friends—a kind of musical trading card.Unlike Internet tracks,mobile downloads would be easy for record companies to control,said former record industry official Ralph Simon,who is now chairman of your mobile,based in Santa Monic,California. “If you pass a song along to other phones through a network,each phone can be charged,” said Simon.“It’s like going through a toll gate(收费站).There’s more possibility for copyright control than there is on the Internet.” Massachusetts-based Converse is offering a service in Portugal and the Netherlands that lets people record tunes on their voice mail or send music as presents to friends.Finally,people might be able to sing karaoke and pass them along.The company is sure that people will want to use music to reach out and touch someone. “A mobile phone is not a listening machine,and you’ll be disappointed if you think you can change it to a radio,”said Ohad Ouziel,a creative manager for Converse in Israel.“But if someone sends you a song while you’re on vacation,you appreciate the feeling.” 1.The underlined word “blend”in the second paragraph probably means _____. A.send B.become C.mix <pare 解析:从上下文以及该词的搭配可知,blend...into...“把……融为一体”。? 答案:C 2.“Massachusetts-based Converse”in the sixth paragraph probably refers to _____. A.a person B.a city in Israel C.a state in the USA D.a company 3.Record companies _____ the idea of passing songs and music along mobile phones. A.are worried about B.are interested in C.try hard to stop D.a company 4.According to Ralph Simon it would be easier to _____ through mobile phone network than through the Internet. A.protect copyright of music works B.send personal messages C.pass along songs and music  D.send voice mail &
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号}

我要回帖

更多关于 all like 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信