张家界市2015年普通高中一年级第一学期期末联考
英语试题卷(A)
本试卷分第I卷(选择题)和第II卷(非选择题)两部分。考试结束后,将本试卷和答题卡一并交回。
1. 答第I卷前,考生务必将自己的姓名、准考证号填写在答题卡上。
2. 选出每小题答案后,用铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。如需改动,
橡皮擦干净后,再选涂其他答案标号。不能答在本试卷上,否则无效。
第一部分 听力(共两节,满分30分)
第一节(共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)
听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。How much is the shirt?
A. ?19.15.
1. Where are the two speakers now?
A. In France.
B. In Britain.
C. In Germany.
2. What pet does the girl have?
C. A rabbit.
3. What season might it be?
A. Spring.
B. Summer.
C. Winter.
4. Why did Alice cry?
A. Because a huge dog ran after her.
B. Because she had a terrible dream. C. Because her dad woke her up.
5. What is the man probably doing?
A. Looking for a flat.
B. Taking some pictures.
C. Decorating his bedroom.
(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)
听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答第67两个小题。
听第7段材料,回答第89两个小题
’s mother do?
A. A teacher.
B. A soccer player.
C. A housewife.
听第8段材料,回答第10至12题.
听第9段材料,回答第13至16题。
听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。
What does Joe imagine his clothes will be like in 20 years?
A. Colorful and light.
B. Dark and cool.
C. Comfortable and cool.
18. Where will Joe spend his vacation?
A. In the mountains.
B. In space or under the sea.
C. In his garden.
19. Why does Joe want to make friends with people around the world?
A. To play sports with them.
B. To learn cultures from them.
C. To watch TV with them.
20. Joe mainly tells us about his _____ in 20 years.
第二部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)
第一节(共15小题,每小题2分,满分30分)
阅读下列,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将选项涂黑。
The passage is mainly written for ___________.
A. parents
B. workers
C. visitors
D. students
22. On Monday student Li Mei has breakfast and lunch at school, she pays________.
23. Which of the following is WRONG according to the passage?
A. You can’t fight or say any bad words at school.
B. Your parents should check in when they come to school.
C. You should wait in line when you have lunch at school.
D. You can leave the lunchroom doing nothing after your meal.
Guo Jingming is a best-selling author in China. He was born in Zigong, Sichuan Province on June 6, 1983. He is well-known for his essays and fictions, such as On the Edge of Love and Hurt, City of Fantasy, and Tiny Times. His essays and fictions are especially popular with teenagers.
He is also a director and once directed his movie Tiny Times successfully. In June 2013, Guo was awarded the Best New Director at the Shanghai International Film Festival for his first movie Tiny Times. The movie has sold 6.7 million copies.
In 2001, Guo Jingming started to gain fame after winning the New Concept Writing Competition’s top award. Lots of young people got to know Guo Jingming little by little.
A year later, Guo entered the writing competition again and won the top prize for the second time. At the same time, a collection of his prose(散文) On the Edge of Love and Hurt was published.
In 2003, his first novel City of Fantasy came out. It was the novel that made Guo Jingming famous all over the country.
In 2008, Guo was elected to the Chinese Writers’ Association. He became the youngest member of the association. Guo’s Tiny Times series was published between 2008 and 2012.
24.The underlined word “fame” probably means “_____________”.
25. A collection of his prose “ On the Edge of Love and Hurt” was published ___________.
A. In 2001
B. In 2002
C. In 2003
D. In 2005
26. What’s Guo Jingming’s first novel?
A. On the Edge of Love and Hurt.
B. City of Fantasy.
C. Tiny Times.
D. Cry me a Sad River.
27. What happened to Guo Jingming in 2008?
A. He was won the New Concept Writing Competition’s top award.
B. He began to make his first movie as a director.
C. His first novel was published all over the country.
D. He became the youngest member of the Chinese Writers’ Association.
Home Alone is a very funny 1990 American film. It tells us a story about a boy who is accidentally left alone at home.
One night before Christmas, the McAlister family meets at their house. They are planning to fly to Paris for the holiday and are busy getting ready. Eight-year-old Kevin is the youngest child and is fighting with his brothers, sisters and cousins. When he goes to bed, he is so angry that he wishes all his family would go away. In the morning, everyone wakes up very late. They are all in a hurry to get to the airport, so they forget Kevin and he is left alone at home by accident.
Although Kevin is alone, he is very happy at first. His terrible family has gone--- his wish has come true. He watches TV, eats lots of fast food and plays games. He has a good time. But later on, he goes out and hears two bad men called Harry and Marv planning to steal from his house. He goes home and plans some very funny ways to catch Harry and Marv. Many things in the house gets broken as Kevin tries to stop them. Finally, the police come and the men are taken away.
The house is now in a mess, so Kevin tidies it up and waits for his parents. They get back from Paris and are very happy to find that Kevin is safe.
28. Why does Kevin think his family are “terrible” at first?
A. Because his family are busy preparing for the holiday.
B. Because he is angry with his brothers, sisters and cousins.
C. Because his family wakes him up late.
D. Because he is left alone at home.
29. What doesn’t Kevin do when he is alone at home?
A. Going to the police station.
B. Eating fast food.
C. Playing games.
D. Stopping the thieves from stealing.
30. When Kevin’s family come home, they find _______.
A. the house is in a mess
B. two bad men are at their home
C. Kevin is safe
D. Kevin is gone
31. What is the best title of this passage?
A. Eight-year-old Kevin
B. Family on Holiday
C. Two Bad Men Caught by a Boy
D. Home Alone --- A Funny American Film
Dear Editors,
On my way to work every morning I drive by a farm where I can see some horses off in the distance in the woods. They are there every single morning no matter how cold or rainy or windy it is. There is a shed(牲口棚)on the farm, but it doesn’t look to me that the horses are ever taken into the shed. Is this right? I don’t think horses should be treated like this.
Thanks for taking an interest in these horses. Problems about the care of horses are different from cats and dogs. Think of wild horses that spend their whole lives outdoors finding whatever food and shelter(遮蔽物)they can on their own. The point is that horses don’t require as much shelter as a lot of other farm animals. However, that doesn’t mean that they don’t need some shelter.
It is hard to tell from your letter whether the situation for these horses is unacceptable. Above all, do you know the people who own the horses well enough to just talk to them as a neighbor and express your concern (关注)? Maybe they will tell you that the horses do go in the shed at night.
If direct contact (联系)is not a choice and you can see that the horses’ situation is poor, then call 911, report the situation and ask law enforcement officers (执法官员) to look into it.
If you just can’t see enough to prove such a report, call the Oswego Court Humane Society on 207-1070 for help from the Large Animal Assistance Project (LAAP). A volunteer from the project will help solve the problem.
Speaking of volunteer assistance, since you appear to be a horse lover, why not talk to the LAAP about volunteer opportunities for you? It’s big job, but totally rewarding, and the project always needs knowledgeable horse people to help.
32. Sam writes to the editors in order to____________.
A. ask how to keep horses in changeable weathers.
B. discuss whether some horses are badly treated
C. express his strong interest in keeping horses
D. describe some beautiful horses he has seen
33. Compared with cats and dogs, horses ________.
A. need less shelter
B. prefer living indoors
C. can predict bad weathers
D. like finding food by themselves
34. What do the editors advise Sam to do first?
A. To call 911 for help
B. To find a volunteer from the LAAP
C. To contact the horses’ owner directly.
D. To call the Oswego County Humane Society.
35. In the last paragraph of the second letter, the editors_______.
A. hope Sam can be more knowledgeable
B. stress the importance of volunteering
C. encourage Sam to join the LAAP
D. suggest Sam change his job
第二节(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。
Here are some tips on listening.36.______________.
Relax yourself
37.______________You need to relax.This will help you with your listening.
Listen carefully to the first sentence
The first sentence tells a lot about the whole passageFor example, if,at the beginningyou hear “Many shops in many parts of China have decided to take away all kinds of Japanese goods off their shelves, but some people say it’s not a good idea. Our reporter says…”, 38._______________.
Think when you’re listening
39._____________. For example, you can think of the following questions:What happened? When,where and how? What was the result and what did the speaker want to tell us? In this wayyou may understand the passage better.
40. _____________
It’s important for you to remember some important facts. For example, if the passage is a science report, you should try to remember its findings, and how the scientists got their results. This is also helpful to your listening.
A. Listen to important facts
B. Pay attention to key words
C. Maybe they can help you in one way or another
D. When you’re listening, try to do some thinking
E. This is especially helpful to improve your listening skills
F. Before you start listening to something, don’t get excited or nervous
G. you know you will hear a piece of news, not a children’s story, or a science report
英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Dear Aihua,
How are you? I’v been busy arranging41. _______ with my brother, Colin. We plan to 42._______ a few weeks travelling before he is admitted to the university. We will 43. _________so many exciting places and do lots of 44. ______ things.
My first 45._________ is Morocco, in northern Africa. We’re going to 46._________ camels through the Sahara Desert. I 47.______ it will be very hot, dry and 48._______ there. Even though it may feel uncomfortable to sit on a 49.________ for almost a week, I still look forward to it.
Then we are going to travel down the River Nile. We will 50._______ white-water rafting there. It’s so 51. ________ that we have to wear special clothing, a helmet and a life jacket for protection just 52._______ the rafts gets turned upside down or sinks.
After that, we will live with the 53. ________ people in Kenya and 54.______ local customs(习俗). We’ll eat and drink 55._______ they do, including cow’s blood!
Due to the 56. ________ walk we have to cover everyday, I need to buy a large, strong, light backpack to carry my 57._________of food and water. During the day, we’ll walk 58._______ the land, following the 59. _______ of big animals. Of course, I will try to 60.________ the animals to take some good photos. I will email you as soon as I come back.
41. A .holiday
B. weekend
C. weekdays
42. A. spend
43. A. live
44. A. appropriate
B. terrible
C. extraordinary
D. enthusiastic
45. A. explanation
B. destination
D. schedule
46. A. drive
47. A. expect
B. announce
48. A. rainy
49. A. car
50. A. come
51. A. safe
B. dangerous
52. A. in charge
B. in fact
C. in case
D. in advance
53. A. extra
C. splendid
54. A. experience
B. understand
C. explore
D. exchange
55. A. whichever
B. whatever
C. whenever
D. wherever
56. A. short
C. interesting
57. A. preparations
B. qualities
C. supplies
D. surroundings
58. A. across
59. A. tradition
B. suggestions
C. example
60. A. step up
B. look into
C. make use of
D. get close to
英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
第二节 (共10小题;每小题1.5分,满分15分)
阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容(1个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。
Going to a British high school for one year was a very and exciting experience for me.
School life in Britain is quite different from 62. __________ in China. British high schools have shorter school hours and 63. _________ (small) class sizes. Besides, the homework was not as heavy as 64._________I used to get in my old days. Students there have to move to different classrooms 65.________ different classes. They have to study Maths, English and science, but can drop some subjects 66._______ they don’t like them.
67. _______, there is something that is quite like the school in China---if you want to earn respect, you must work hard and achieve high 68._________ (grade).
I felt lucky as all my teachers gave me encouragement, 69._________ helped me overcome all the challenges I met with. I look back on my time in the UK with 70.___________ (satisfy), and I really hope to go back and study in Manchester again.
第四部分 写作(共两节,满分35分)
短文改错(共10小题:每小题1分,满分10分)
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加,删除或修改。
增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(),并在其下面写出该加的词。
删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。
修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意:1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;
2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。
’m now in hospital recovering from liver failure. I regret take those weight-loss pills. They contain a harmful chemical that is caused my liver to fail. The pills were going to complete destroy my liver if I continued taking it. My mother insisted sending me to the hospital, when I received good treatment.
It was a really painful experience, but I’m feeling better now. I follow my doctor’s advices and exercise for at least half an hour every day ( but I seldom go to the gym!) and ate a lot of fruit and vegetables. People should love their bodies. My mother is right: don’t damage your healthy for a slim and attractive figure. It isn’t worth it. We shouldn’t be ashamed of the way we look, shall we?
第二节 书面表达(满分25分)
“Protecting the Lishui River” 的英语演讲比赛。请你根据以下要点,代表学生会用英语写一份书面通知。
1. 比赛形式:演讲(6-8分钟)+问答(2-3分钟); 2. 报名地点: 学生会办公室; 3. 报名截止日期:元月20日; 4. 联系人:李华; 5. 联系电话:。
(1) 字数100 左右(开头和结尾已经为你写好,但不计入总词数);
(2) 可适当增加细节,以使行文连贯。
An exciting English speech “ Protecting the Lishui River” is around the corner! ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Come on, boys and girls!
Student Union
张家界市2015年普通高中一年级第一学期期末联考
英语参考答案及评分标准(A)
一、参考答案
第一部分:
第二部分:
第三部分:
41-50 AADCB
第二节(共10小题,每小题1.5分,满分15分)
61. enjoyable
63. smaller
67. However
68. grades
70. satisfaction
第四部分:
第一节 (共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)
71. take --- taking
72. 去掉 is
73. complete --- completely
74. it --- them
75. insisted 后加on
76. when---where
77. advices --- advice
78. ate---eat
79. healthy --- health
80.shall --- should
第二节:书面表达(满分25分)
An exciting English speech contest “Protecting the Lishui River” is around the corner. Every one of you is expected to take part in the contest.
Each student who enters the contest will be given 6 to 8 minutes to deliver his or her speech, followed by a 2 to 3 minutes’ question-answering period. The speech contest will be held in the school meeting hall on the afternoon of January 28. And after it, there will be a prize-giving ceremony.
Looking forward to it? Don’t miss the chance! Go to the Student Union Office and enter your name before 17:00 on January 20. Call Li Hua at
if you have any questions.
Come on, boys and girls!
Student Union
二、评分标准
(一)客观题
每小题1.5分。答对给满分,答错计0分。
每小题分。答对给满分,答错计0分。
每小题1.5分。答对给满分,答错计0分。
(二)主观题
0 每小题1.5分。答对给满分,凡符合答题要求且可读懂的其它答案均给分。
每小题1分。答对给满分,凡符合答题要求且可读懂的其它答案均给分。
(三)写作
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
Lunchroom Guide
◆Students should use quiet voices in the lunchroom.
◆Students should go through the lunch line in a quiet and orderly manner.
◆Students should clean up their eating area before leaving the lunchroom.
Meal Prices
Lunch: $1.5 daily
Weekly Lunch Ticket: $7.50
Breakfast: $0.80
Weekly Breakfast Ticket: $4.00
Extra meal: $0.45
Adult Lunch: $2.50
School Policy
◆Fighting, saying bad words and all other bad behavior will not be allowed.
◆Do not throw rocks, snowballs, sticks, waste paper or dirt on the school grounds.
◆Rollerblading (直排轮滑) is not allowed at school.
◆Contact through a note or a phone call must be made to the school if you are absent from school.
◆Parents and visitors are required to check in at the office when entering the school.
本网部分资源来源于会员上传,除本网组织的资源外,版权归原作者所有,如有侵犯版权,请联系并提供证据(),三个工作日内删除。
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2016 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved.百度分享按钮
搜索百度站内
当前位置: >>
中考英语各题型复习资料
作者:佚名& &发布时间: 06:47:08& &浏览次数:5855
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
1. A. I think so.&&&&&&&& B. Thanks a lot.&&&&& C. I hope so.
1. Wish you good luck in this exam!
6. A. Weather.&&&&&&& B. Business.&&&&&& C. Season.
who , when , where , what , how why200416-20 16. Where did Jack work?
A. On a farm.& B. In an office.& C. In a factory.
17. How often did he get his money?
A. Every month. B. Every week. C. Every half month.
18. What happened this month?
A. Jack got more money.
B. Jack got less money.
C. Jack got enough money.
19. From this passage we know that ________.
A. the manager believe Jack
B. Jack wasn’t an honest () man
C. Jack was an honest man
20. Could Jack go on working in this factory?
A. The story didn’t tell us.
B. Yes, he could.
C. No, he couldn’t.
Then he went to see the manager.?
“That’s right,” said the manager after Jack told his story. “I made a mistake last month. For one mistake, I can close my eyes. But for two, I can’t. Thank you, Jack. I’ve known you already. I have to choose another man instead of you.& I think you should know what do to in the future.”
5Jack5JackJack1.C 2.A 3.B 4.B 5.C
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 1&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. It’s April 23rd?&&& C. It’s fine today.
B. No, I don’t.&&&&&&& C. I enjoy reading books.
B. Certainly not.&&&&& C. Thanks.?
B. You’re welcome.&&& C.. Thank you.
B. Yes, please.?&&&&& C. Thank you. It’s lovely.
B. I’ll take your advice.& C. It’s hard to say.
B. Sure, I’d love to&&&& C. Yes, I want.
B. Thank you.&&&&&&&& C. That’s all right.?
B. Five hours.&&&&&&&& C. At 8:00.?
B. Yes, he hasn’t.&&&&&& C. Yes, never.?
C. Go to a concert.?
B. In a hospital.& C. In a clothes shop.
B. To Tianjin.&&& C. To Beijing and Tianjin.?
B. Bread and milk.C. Bread only.
B. 8:15.?&&&&&& C. 7:30.
B. By car.&&&&&&&&&&& C. By taxi.?
B. Nine.&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Five.?
B. The man’s sister.&&&& C. Alice’s sister.?
B. The man has got a wrong number.
M: Just watch TV at home.
W: How about this one? It’s only five dollars.
W: I used to eat dumplings, but now I’m used to eating bread and milk.
W: It’s far from here. You can catch the No. 8 bus. But there is no bus now. You’d better take a taxi.
I1. What did the man have to do in the morning?& A. He fed the chickens. & B. He cleaned the bath-room.& C. He carried water for the family.2. Why did the man go to school on foot?& A. No bus ran in the direction. & B. The school was near. & C. His family was poor.3. What did the man do every Sunday?& A. He was taken to church three times. & B. He stayed at home all day.& C. He played in the street.4. What can we learn from what the speaker said?& A. He is a retired teacher of history. & B. He thinks children were happier in the past.& C. He lives on a farm far away from cities.
Now, you want to know about life in the past, right? I can tell you. When I was a boy, things were different. I had to get up at six every morning. That was not very bad in summer, but in winter it was cold. And we didn't have any hot water in the house. We had to wash in cold water. We didn't have a bath-room. My dad had some chickens. I had to feed them every morning and then I had to walk to school with my little sister. It was two miles to school and two miles back in the evening. And we had to go to bed at seven o'clock every night. We couldn't watch TV because there wasn't any. On Sundays we had to go to church three times-morning, afternoon and evening. And we couldn't play outside on Sundays. But it wasn't too bad. We had some good times. We could go out and our parents didn't have to worry about us. There weren't so many cars on the roads then, so the streets were safe to play in. And there were not many robbers and thieves in those days. We had to work hard and we weren't able to buy all those things in the shops today. Life was hard, but it was simple and people were happier.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& II
B. Four.&&&&&&&&&&& C. Five.?
B. Paint pictures.&&&& C. Play games.?
B. Colourful.&&&&&&& C. Amazing.?
B. Watching TV more. C. Stopping watching TV
(3)I. 1. A 2.C 3.A 4.B
II. 1.B 2.C 3.B 4.B 5.A
B. go&&& C. not to go&&& D. to go
B. didn't he&&& C. did he&&& D. does he
B. all sides&&& C. both sides&&& D. other side
B. He is a friend of mine
D. He is twenty
B. No, he isn't& C. Yes, He isn't& D. No, he is
B. safe& C. bright& D. dark
B. what did the museum look like
D. what the museum looked like
B. Not al all&& C. No, thanks&& D. Help yourself
B. What& C. In where&& D. In which
B. both&& C. between&& D. for
B. other& C. any& D. all others
B. will be
D. will he
B. stop& C. to stop& D. to stop
21. ---Have you ever heard from your aunt since she went to Hong Kong?
---Yes, I’ve just got a letter from __________.
A. her&&& B. hers& C. she& D. herself
&& Aget a letter
from sb.fromher
22. I’m reading now. Please tell him _______ the TV a bit.
A. turn up& B. turn off& C. to turn down& D. to turn on
C“”turn down
23. I’m sure you know the difference _________ “look for” and “find”.
A. from&& B. for& C. to& D. between
&& D“‘look for’‘find’“”between
24. There ________ a football match on TV this evening.
A. will have& B. is going to be& C. has& D. is going to have
&& Bhavethere be
&& A, C, Dthere be haveB
25. A talk on science _______ in our school next Monday.
A. will give& B. will be given& C. has given& D. has been given
&& Bnext Monday,CDB
26. Since China has been a member of WTO, English is ________ useful than before.
A. more& B. most& C. much& D. very
&& Athan beforeusefulmore useful, more
27. It _______ Yang Liwei about 21 hours _______ the earth 14 times in his spaceship.
A. spent, circling& B. took, travelling
C. spent, to travel& D. took, to circle
&&& DIt took sb. some time to do sth. D
28. The students are sorry to hear that the famous singer _______ for half an hour.
A. has left& B. has gone& C. has been away& D. has gone away
&& Cfor half an hourhas been away
29. I am waiting for my friend. _________, I will go swimming alone.
A. If he doesn’t come&&&&&&&& B. If he won’t come
C. If he will come&&&&&&&&&&& D. If he is coming
30. ---Could you tell me _______?
---Sorry, I don’t know. I was not at the meeting.
A. what does he say at the meeting&&&&&& B. what did he say at the meeting
D. what he said at the meeting
B. make sure& C. find out& D. think about
B. neither& C. all& D. both
B. planted& C. will plant& D. has planted
B. Was& C. Are& D. Do
B. four-day& C. four days& D. four day
B. how& C. what& D. if
B. Chicken& C. Pork& D. Milk
B. N2& C. O2& D. He
B. stop from cutting
D. be stopped from cutting
B. must& C. should&& D. can
B. to save& C. saved& D. saving
B. will be
D. will be
B. off& C. down& D. up
B. had&&& C. did&& D. have
B. lend& C. keep&&& D. buy
B. an& C. D.
B. idea& C. luck& D. time
B. thousands of& C. thousand of& D. thousand
B. something wrong
D. nothing wrong
B. one more& C. another more& D. some more
B. mine, yours& C. my, yours& D. your, my
B. neither& C. either& D. none
B. more careful& C. much careful& D. much carefully
B. at, in& C. in, with& D. with, with
B. many& C. more& D. little
B. different anything
D. different something
B. written& C. wrote& D. writes
B. not to speak, much&&
D. not to speak, more
B. turn on& C. turn down& D. turn up
B. does he& C. isn't he& D. doesn't he
B. have been& C. have become& D. have made
B. need& C. may& D. must
B. before& C. while& D. as soon as
B. has gone to, will be back
D. has gone to, won't cone back
B. when the Greens moved here
D. when the Greens would move here
B. Jane& C. her& D. hers
____________my father got home.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
10A, B, C, D
A hot dog is one of the most popular American foods. It was named after frankfurter, a German food.
You may hear “hot dog” 1 in other ways. People sometimes say “hot dog” to express 2 . For example, a friend may ask 3 you would like to go to the cinema. You might say “Great! I would love to go.” Or, you could say, “4 ! I would love to go.”
People 5 use the expression to describe ()someone who is a “show- off”, who tries to show everyone else how 6 he is. You often hear such 7 called a “hot dog”. He may be a baseball player, for example, who 8 the ball with one hand, making a (n) 9 catch seem more difficult. You know he is a hot dog because when he makes such a catch, he bows () to the crowd, hoping to win their 10 .
1. A. eaten&&&&&& B. used&&&&&& C. cooked&&&&&& D. picked
2. A. strength&&&& B. practice&&& C. pleasure&&&&& D. reply
3. A. if&&&&&&&&& B. how&&&&&& C. when&&&&&&&& D. where
4. A. Hot dog&&&& B. Don’t worry C. Never mind&& D. Excuse me
5. A. ever&&&&&&& B. also&&&&&& C. still&&&&&&&&& D. yet
6. A. hopeful&&&& B. careful&&&& C. kind&&&&&&&&& D. great
7. A. a dog&&&&&& B. a land&&&& C. a person&&&&&& D. an action
8. A. catches&&&&& B. plays&&&& C. passes &&&&&&&&D. throws
9. A. hard&&&&&&& B. funny&&&& C. exciting&&&&&&& D. easy
10. A. thanks&&&&&& B. cheers&&& C. medals&&&&&&& D. matches
“hot dog”“”“”“”“”used
31& &quickly. The turtle was very thankful and said, “Thanks for your kindness. I really would like &32& &you to a wonderful palace now.”?
33 &the palace, he was very surprised and said to the turtle, “What a nice palace!” To thank him, the king of the turtles gave him &34 &. He had never seen such a dinner before. He received a warm welcome there and was very &35 &everything.
you can open only one.” “You mustn’t open both. Don’t forget it!” the turtle warned him. “All right. I will open only one,” the young man promised(
37 , he opened the bigger one of the two boxes.38 &the box was full of gold. “My God!” he cried. “I’m 39 &now.” Then he thought, “Things in the other box must be expensive, too.” He could not wait any longer. He broke his promise and opened the other box. As soon as he opened it, he became an old man. His hair turned white. His face ?40 ?an old man over eighty years old. It all happened in a moment. He was sorry for what he did, but it was too late.?
B. a very poor dinner
D. a very small dinner
B. was back home
B. To one’s surprising
D. To his surprise
B. a rich man
D. a young man
town. He wanted to telephone her to tell her the time of his train, &&2& &she could meet him at the &&3& &in her car. He looked at all his pockets, but &&4& &that he did not have the right money for the telephone, so he went on and looked &&5& &for someone to help him. At last an old soldier came by, and the young officer stopped him and said, “Can you change the money &&6& &me?”
(3)Once there was a boy in Toronto. His name was Jimmy. He started drawing when he was three years old, and when he was five he was already very ___1___ at it. He drew many beautiful interesting pictures, and many people ___2___ his pictures. They thought this boy was going to be ___3___ when he was a little older, and then they were going to ___4___ these pictures for a lot of money.
1 &tourists to the island.
2 &many years. People on &3 &sides of the Pacific Ocean4 &these beautiful islands in the middle of the ocean. In the tropical5 &that you can almost see it move.The sun leaves behind a glow
6 &than small boats.
7 &we see today. The first people came to Hawaii nearly &8 &years ago, but skyscraper9 &San Francisco.
people come from, they really want to see the earliest beauty of Hawaii. They want to see the lovely beaches and the mountains which are almost hidden by the tall hotels.?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&(10)
1 &a problem for middle schools in the past few years. Some children have got mobile phones as Christmas or birthday gifts, and more will &2 &want them.
3 &. Some parents felt happy because they could get in touch &4 &their children. Some teachers said mobile phone use was a distractionin their classrooms. Sometimes students &6 &use phone messages to cheat7 &SMS.
8 &if there was a good reason, they could &9 &their& phones at school office. Many people think they understand &10 &parents would want their children to have them, but they agree school should let the students know when they can use their mobile phones.?
1 &her Xi Wang. It means “hope”.
2 &100 grams(Xi Wang drank her mother’s milk for as much as 14 hours a day. When she was six months old, she started to eat bamboo shoots(3 . Eight months later, she was not a small baby any more. She grew into a &4 &young panda and weighed 35 kilos. When Xi Wang was 20 months old, she had to look after herself &5 &her mother had another baby.
&that pandas like Xi Wang may have in the future.
10 , soon there will be no more pandas in the world!?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&(12)
1 &they are sixteen. But most students are seventeen or eighteen years old when they &2 &secondary(3 &children go to public schools. Their parents don?t have to &4 &their education because the school get &5 &from the government6 &like private schools though they are much more expensive.?
7 &in universities after they finish secondary schools. A student at a state university doesn?t have to pay very much &8 &his parents live in that state.?
9 &while they are studying at universities. In this way they get into &10 &working habits(
A, B, C, D40-50
(1) Which is the best title of the passage?
(2) Which of the following is this passage about?
(3) In this passage the writer tries to tell us that______.
(4) The passage tells us that______.
(5) This passage mainly talks about_______.
(1) Which of the following is right?
(2) Which of the following is not mentioned?
(3) Which of the following is Not True in the passage?
(4) Choose the right order of this passage.
(5) From this passage we know ________.
(1) The word “& ” in the passage probably means ________.
(2) The underlined word “It” in the passage refers to _______.
(3) In this story the underlined word “&& ” means ________.
(4) Here “it” means________.
(1) Many visitors come to the writer’s city to ________.
(2) Some shops can be built Donfeng Square so that they may _____.
(3) Air pollution is the most serious kind of pollution because _____.
(4) Why did the writer get off the train two stops before Vienna station?
(1) We can guess the writer of the letter may be a ______.
(2) We can infer from the text that _______.
(3) From the letters we’ve learned that it’s very _____ to know something about American social customs.
(4) From the story we can guess ______.
(5) What would be happy if …?
(1) How did the writer feel at Vienna station?
(2) The writer writes this text to ______.
(3) The writer believes that ______.
(4) The writer suggests that ______.
&& , 2003B
All living things on the earth need other living things to live. Nothing lives alone. Most animals must live in a group, and even a plant grows close together with others of the same kind. Sometimes one living thing kills another, one eats and the other is eaten. Each kind of life eats another kind of life in order to live, and together they form a food chain()Some food chains become broken up if one of the links disappears.
59. Which of the following do you think is the best title for this passage?
&& A. Animals& B. Plants& C. Food Chains& D. Living Things
&& Food Chains
If you buy some well-made clothes, you can save money because they can last longer. They look good even after they have been washed many times. Sometimes some clothes cost more money, but it does not mean that they are always better made, or they always fit better. In other words, some less expensive clothes look and fit better than more expensive clothes.
“killer bees”“killer bees” “killer bees”“killer bees”“killer bees”“killer bees”
59. The best title of the passage is ____________.
&& A. How to make more honey&&&& B. Killer bees
&& C. A foolish scientist&&&&&&&&&&& D. How to feed killer bees
(context),123
A bag is useful and the word “bag” is useful. It gives us some interesting phrases(). One is “ to let the cat out of the bag.” It is the same as “to tell a secret”….
Now when someone lets out ()a secret, he “lets the cat out of the bag.”
John “lets the cat out of the bag” means he ________.
A. makes everyone know a secret
B. the woman bout a cat
C. buys a cat in the bag
D. sells the cat in the bag
“let the cat out of the bag”It is the same as “to tell a secret.A
&&& (2)2004A
53. In the text, “put an end to” means “___________”.
&& A. stop& B. cut& C. kill& D. fly
&& steamhot water“”
&&& (4)2004C:
Ornithologist A
&&& 12200348
What do plants make food from? They make food from _______.
A. sunlight, water and things in the soil and air
B. water, sunlight and things in the soil
C. water and things in the soil and air
D. water, sunlight and things in the soil
&&& Plants are “factories”. They make food from sunlight, water and things in the soil and air.
According to the passage, which of the following can you most possibly watch on TV?
A. You often play football with your friends after school.
B. Your teacher has got a cold.
C. A tiger in the city zoo has run out and hasn’t been caught.
D. The bike in front of your house is lost.
Secondly, a news story has to be interesting and unusual. People don’t want to read stories about everyday life. As a result, many stories are about some kind of danger and seem to be “bad” news.
A) ”A”“B”55
Now TV programs play an important part in our daily life. We can get a lot of knowledge and a lot of fun from it. Today is Saturday. The following are some TV programs on different channels today. Now read these TV programs and try to find some information for you and your family members.
41. My grandfather is interested in laws. He can watch CCTV Channel 1 at noon.
42. My father is a football fan. He prefers football matches. He can watch CCTV Channel 1.
43. My mother likes watching TV plays. She wants to watch XATV Channel 4 in the afternoon.
44. My sister is only six years old. I want to find a program for her. I think she can watch CCTV Channel 6.
45. I’m a student. I like music, but I am very busy tonight. So I can watch CCTV Channel 3 this evening.
41. A12381“”
43. A15304
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (B)
&&& The undersea world is very beautiful. Now more and more people want to dive in
the water to find the secrets there. Scuba diving is a new sport today. It can take you
into a wonderful undersea world.
&&& You will find many strange animals in the sea. Some are as large as a school bus.
Many sea animals give out light in the dark and some have sharp teeth.
&&& During the day, there is enough light. Here, under the sea, everything is blue and
green. When fish swim nearby, you can catch them with your hands. When you have
bottles of air on your back, you can stay in deep water for a long time. However, you
can’t dive too deep. And you must be very careful when you dive in deep water.
&& The deep sea is not an easy place to live in. It’s cold, and it’s dark, too. The deeper
it is, the less sunlight there is. At about 3,000 feet, there is no light at all. It is dark in
the sea. Many fishes have no eyes. Some have big eyes. A few have eyes on one side.
&& Besides () the cold and darkness, deep-sea animals face a third danger ---
other animals.
&& Animals eat! They must find food to eat. Many animals eat plants. However, some
Animals eat meat. This means these sea animals have animals have two big jobs.They
need to find animals as food, and they have to try not to become other animals’ meal.
46. Why do people want to dive in the sea? Because ________.
&& A. they want to catch fish
&& B. they want to find the secrets of the undersea world
&& C. the sea is deep
&& D. there are all kinds of plants in the sea
47. In the daytime, when you dive in the sea, you _________.
&& A. can see everything green and blue
&& B. can’t be in danger
&& C. can atch nothing
&& D. can’t see anything clearly
48. How many dangers will animals meet in the deep sea?
&& A. One.& B. Two.& C. Three.& D. Four.
49. When you do scuba diving, you can __________.
&& A. stay in deep water for a long time
&& B. dive very, very deep
&& C. live in deep water easily
&& D. dive freely without any dangers
50. Which of the following is WRONG?
&& A. One animals finds something to eat, and it may be eaten by others.
&& B. At the depth of 3,000 feet under the sea, many animals can find their way by hearing and feeling.
&& C. The deeper the sea is, the darker and colder it is.
&& D. At the depth of 3,000 feet under the sea, all animals can find their way by seeing.
47. A“During the day, there is enough light. Here, under the sea, everything is blue
and green.”
48. C5Besides
() the cold and darkness, deep-sea animals face a third danger --- other animals.
49. AWhen you
have bottles of air on your back, you can stay in deep water for a long time. &
“scuba diving”
50. DAt about
3,000 feet, there is no light at all. It is dark in the sea. Many fishes have no eyes.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (1)
”A”“B”
with the pound. After he drank it, he put on his hat and took up one of the many wet umbrellas there and went off with the new one. Soon after that, he sold it again.
willow got its food from the water.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (5)
Then strong wind started blowing into my room Pieces of paper on my desk flew high into the air and some flew out of the open window As I ran out to catch them, big drops of rain began to fall.&&& When I came back into the house, it was raining harder and harder I tried very hard to close the window Then I heard a loud crashingAACA
&&&&&&&&&&&&(7)
This great speed of light produces some strange facts Sunlight takes about 8 minutes to reach us If you look at the light of the moon tonight, remember that the light rays left the moon 1.3 seconds before they reached you The nearest star is so far away that the light that you can see from it tonight started to travel towards you four years ago at a speed of nearly 2 million km. per minute. In some cases, the light from one of tonight's stars had started on its journey to you before you were born.&&& Thus, if we want to be honest, we can't say, "The stars are shining tonight" We have to say instead, "The stars look pretty They were shining four years ago, but their light has only just reached the earth."1ABCD
Right now doctors are getting some attention in their protests against heavy drinking. Many people have cut down on their drinking In general, everyone believes the doctors' warnings.&&& It is sometimes very easy to stop drinking heavily. For example, at a party a man has just one drink. He can stop thinking about having another one. Both health considerations and the high cost of drinking help him to stay away from alcohol. All of his friends help, too. They always understand his problem and are really concerned. The heavy drinker needs friends like these.1ABCDABCDABCDA
& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&(9)
Ron is ten years old. He loves to watch TV. But for one full year he did not watch TV at all. What was the reason? Ron’s parents said they would give him $ 600 if he didn’t watch TV for a year.
Ron’s parents thought he watched too much TV. One day his mother saw a news- paper story about a boy who didn’t watch TV for a year. She showed the story to Ron. Ron liked the idea. He turned off the TV right away, and said, “It doesn’t bother me not to watch TV. I just want the money.”
At first, Ron’s parents were very happy. Ron read books and newspapers, played outside, played computer games, and played cards with his mother. But after some time, he got bored(). Every morning, he asked his parents, “What are we doing tonight?” Sometimes his mother and father wished he would watch TV just for one evening. Ron always said, “No, it would cost me money!”
Finally the year was over. Then Ron stared watching his favourite TV shows all day long again. Ron got the money from his parents. What does he plan to do with the $ 600? “I want to buy myself a TV set!” he said.
A. he wanted the money&&&&& B. watching TV too much is bad
C. he wanted to study harder& D. he wanted to learn from the boy
A. waste time&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. important for me
C. not use&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. not important for me
A. it was great fun&&&&&&&&&&& B. it was no fun
C. it was enjoyable&&&&&&&&&& D. it was good
A. please& B. frighten& C. surprise& D. excite
A. A Funny Story&&&&&&&& B. A Year without TV
C. A Good Boy&&&&&&&&&& D. Buying a TV Set
(4)1.A 2.B 3.A 4.B 5.B
(5)1.C 2.C 3.A 4.B&
(6)1.D 2.D 3.B&
(7)1.D 2.B 3.A 4.C
(8)1.A 2.D 3.C 4.D
20021062003107200310520041065-7
2002enough“with+”2003“with+”2003something wrong2004twice a day
2003“Most of us &1 ()talking about and using the Internet every day….” “”busy, busybe, bemost of usare20047but soon you’ll 7 _____() doing it. “”be / get used to,
20038“ 8 &children are very happy.” “”On Christmas Eve“”on20045---at least
20039They put their stocking at the end of their beds &9 &their parents can put presents in them.so that200410Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and drink water 10_______ () drinks. eat drink, instead of
&& When you laugh, you will 1 ______() your mouth and your teeth. The healthier those teeth are, the happier you look. Why is that?
&& It’s 2 _______() your teeth are important in many ways. If you take care of them, they’ll help to take care of you. Strong, healthy teeth help you eat the right food to help you grow. They also help you speak clearly.
&& You can take care of your teeth by doing like these:
&& Brush your teeth 3_______ () after breakfast and before bedtime. If you can, brush 4 _______() or after eating sweet cakes.
&& Brush all of your teeth, not just the front ones. Spend some time on the teeth along the sides and in the back.
&& Take your time while brushing. Spend 5_______ () 3 minutes each time you brush.
&& Be sure your toothbrush is soft(). Ask your parent to help you get a new toothbrush 6 ________().
&& Learn how to floss() your teeth, which is a very important way to keep them healthy. It feels strange when you do it at first, but soon you’ll 7 _____() doing it. The floss gets rid of food that’s hidden between your teeth.
&& Brushing and flossing 8 ______() your teeth healthy. You also need to care about what you eat and drink. Eat 9 ______() fruits and vegetables and drink water 10_______ () drinks.
1. open& “”open
2. because whybecause
3. twice a day
4. after lunch afterlunch
5. at last
6. every three months everyevery three days, every four years
7. be/ get used to
8. keep “keep somebody/ something +”
9. lots of / a lot of / many
10. instead of
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (1)
&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&(2)
&&& Most great inventors often met with much trouble in their work. Before they could succeed, they had to overcome 1_________()difficulties which were put in their way. The following is one of such examples.
&&& George Stephenson (), a 2__________ ()British inventor made the first train in 1825, using a stream engine. When he was experimenting with the engine 3________ (), he met with troubles from the government, the newspapers and the gentlemen in the country. They said that the 4________ ()and the smoke would kill cows, horses and sheep, that the engine would burst or that the hot coals from it would set fire to their houses. People believe 5___________ ().
&&& George Stephenson told the people that the train could go on small rails, could pull carriages 6________ () goods and passengers and that there was no great danger to them. It was a very difficult matter for him to make them believe. 7________ (), after some time, he was able to do it, and the first train, that was driven by George Stephenson himself proved what he had said. On the train there was a new steam engine. It was invented by him, and was proved a complete 8_______ ().
&&& The first day when the train ran on the rails, people along the way heard the noise of the train in the distance, and saw it running quickly to them. They thought it was a genie. They ran quickly back home for fear and closed their doors tightly. They did not dare to 9________ ()until it had passed. 10________ ()an old woman still said that her hen had been so frightened that it hadn't laid any eggs for three days.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&(3)
Most of American businesses are open five days a week. American school children attend school five days a week as well.
&&& American families usually have a &1 ______weekend. The weekend is Saturday and Sunday. Over the weekend people spend their time &2 _______ () . Many families enjoy weekends &3 ______() . They may go shopping, go for a drive or visit friends. They may also invite friends over and &4 ______ () at home. Many American families participatein sports during the weekend. &5 _______ (), biking, playing volleyball and swimming& &6 _____ ()in summer. Skiing and skating are the &7 _____& () winter sports.
&&& Weekends are also a time for American families to work on something in their yards or in &8 ______() houses. Many families plant flowers and have vegetable gardens. Some families use the weekends &9 _______or repair their houses. &10 ______(), weekends are very busy.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (4)
&&& Perhaps more than any other people, Americans have come to depend on their cars. The family car &1 _________() a common thing &2 _______(……) the early twentieth century, and it has changed American life. Many people have moved &3 _______() of the large cities to the suburbs. Some Americans spend &4 ________() or more in their cars &5 _______ () and home again. Cars have become the &6 _______ () of transportation for most Americans going shopping, and even going on vacations.
&&& Americans &7 ______() like big cars, and gasoline used to be very inexpensive. Recently, &8 _______, the cost of gasoline has increased, smaller cars have become &9 _______. Also foreign cars have become very common. Americans have bought &10 _______Japanese and German cars. They have bought cars from several other countries as well.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (5)
&&& Each morning a rich man found a poor man sitting on a park bench. The poor man always sat there, 1___________ ()the big hotel in which the rich man lived. 2_________the rich man got out of his car and said to the poor man, "Excuse me, but I just want to know why you sit here and look at my hotel 3_________ ()." "Sir," said the poor man, "I am a failure. I have no money, no home. I sleep 4________ (), and every night I dreamthat one day I'll sleep in that hotel." The rich man said, "Tonight your dream will 5________ (). I'll pay for the best room in that hotel for you a whole month."
&&& 6_________ (), the rich man went by the poor man's room to ask him how he was enjoying himself. 7___________ (), he found that the man had 8__________ ()the hotel, back to his park bench. When the rich man asked why, the poor man said, "You see, when I'm down here sleeping on my bench, I dream I'm up there, &9____________ (). It's a wonderful dream. But when I was up there, I dreamed I was back to this cold bench. It was a terrible dream, and I couldn't get any sleep 10________ ()."
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (6)
On October 12, 1989, some Chinese scientists were working at the computers to 1________ ()the information they needed. Suddenly they saw a lot of very bright spots crossing the computers’ screens. 2__________(), they stopped their work to check some parts of the computers. To their horror, they 3___________ ()that most of their stored information was got rid of by computer viruses! Obviously all these computers had been infected by computer viruses.
4___________ ()that the computer viruses were made by a group of young men like playing tricks. They all had excellent 5_________ (). They created the viruses just to show their intelligence. 6___________ ()computer viruses is named Jerusalem Viruses. These viruses can stay in computers 7___________ (). When the time comes they will attack the computers by lowering the functions, damaging their normal programs or even getting rid of all the information..
We now come to know that Jerusalem Viruses often attack computers 8__________ and they are spreading to a lot of computers. Among the countries that suffered computer viruses are Britain, Switzerland, the US and some 9________ ()countries. But till now how to get rid of the terrible viruses 10__________ ()a problem.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 7
&& In American high school &1 _______() students take English, science, math and history.
&& &2 _______() , the students study grammar and read famous literature. In science class, they study biology, chemistry or physics. History is &3 ________() to some students because they learn about important events and places &4 ________() . Students take &5 ______ courses, too. These are electives. Some study &6 ________because they feel it is more enjoyable. Some study &7 _________because they &8 ________()it is more practical.
& &9 ______ , teachers give students exams. Some exams are more difficult than others, but a good student can always do &10 ______.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (8)
&& One kind of vacation that many Americans enjoy is camping. Each summer &1_____ () Americans drive to the countryside where they find places &2_____ . The national parks, many of which are &3 _____() , are favourite camping places. Campers enjoy the &4 _______, the lakes and the forests which they find in these parks. Campers hike, swim and fish. They can also find &5 ______animals and plants in the parks. Mostly campers have trailers which they drive or pull behind their cars to their campsites. Trailers are like houses &6 ______. They have many conveniences which people have in their homes, &7_______electricity and hot water. But &8 _______ campers don’t have trailers. They camp in tents which they &9________ in their campsites. Campers in tents don’t have the conveniences that campers in trailers have. Tent campers enjoy &10 _________()& .
&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&9
&&& All big cities are quite similar. Living in a modern Asian city is not very &1 living in an American city. The same cannot be said about living &2 , however.
&&& In many parts of the world, farmers and their families live &3 (). In the United States, however, each farm family lives on its own fields, often beyond the sight of any neighbors. &4
traveling from a village to the fields every morning, American farmers stay &5 throughout the week. They travel to the nearest town& &6 for shopping or on Sundays for church. The children ride on buses to large schools which serve &7 () living in the area. In some areas, there are small schools serving a few farm families, and the children walk to school.
&&& &8 life keeps changing for everyone, including farmers. Today there are cars, good roads, radios, and television sets. And of course there are modern machines for farming. All of these have changed farm life.
&&& For many years, however, farming in America was often a lonely way of living. Farmers &9 deal with their own problems, instead of getting help from others. They &10 to try new methods, and to trust their own ideas instead of following older ways.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (10)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (11)
He was born in Atlanta, Georgia, on January 15,1929. He was black. He lived &1________ thirty-nine years, but he became world-famous in that short time. He &2 _______() in the southeastern part of the United States. He studied at Morehouse College where he met many outstanding men whose ideas he found important and exciting. There he read the writings of Thoreau, which gave him many ideas &3 ________() .
&& After he graduated from Morehouse, he &4 ______() to study at the University of Pennsylvania, Harvard University, and Boston University. At Boston University, he met his wife, Coretta. &5 ________1954, after he got his Ph.D.degree, he became the minister of a small church &6 _________ . There he became the leader of the black people, who were poor and without power. He gave speeches and led marches. For his ideas and actions, he went to jail &7 ____.
&& &8 _______(), in Washington, D.C., he spoke to a crowd of 250,000 people. He told them, “I have a dream.” That speech is still &9 ______(). In 1964 he won the Nobel Peace Prize. His work was not &10______() when he died on April 4, 1968. Who was he? He was Martin Luther King.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (12)
Dear Mr. Costa,
I’m sorry it has taken me so long to write. I’ve been very busy with work and school, but I’ve &1 ________you often.
How’ve you been lately? Did you have a good Christmas and New Year’s? Mac says you’ve been working hard at the restaurant and that business is very good. What &2 _______() have you been doing?
I had a short but good vacation. Mac and I went to Chicago for &3_______ ()before Christmas, but I &4 ______() come back and work between Christmas and New Year’s (including Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve)! &5 _____something like that &6 _______I wonder if I really want to work in the hotel business.
The other day I was thinking about the fun we used to have &7 ______(). I haven’t seen many of our classmates since the course was over. &8_____ , the only one I see very often is Tomiko. I’d really like to get in touch with Franco. Does he &9 _______() write to you? If so, could you please send me his address?
Well, Mac and I are going skating and he &10 ______, so I guess I’d better say goodbye now. Write as soon as you can.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Love,
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Maria
(1)1. around 2. get along well 3. each other 4. go on 5. miss 6. make new friends 7. Many places 8. think of 9. longer 10. yourself
(2)1. thousands of 2. famous 3. on the train 4. noise 5. what they said 6. full of 7. However 8. success 9. come out 10. A week later
(3)1. two-day 2. in many different ways 3. together 4. have a party 5. Running 6. are popular 7. favourite& 8. their 9. to paint 10. For most Americans
(4)1. has been& 2. since& 3. outside 4. two hours a day 5. going to work 6. means 7. used to 8. however& 9. more common 10. large numbers of
(5)1. looking at 2. One day 3. every morning 4. on this bench 5. come true 6. A few days later 7. To his surprise 8. moved out of 9. in that big hotel 10. at all
(6)1. look for 2. At the same moment 3. found out 4. It is said 5. education 6. This kind of 7. for a long time 8. on Fridays 9. other 10. remains
(7)1. most 2. In English class 3. more interesting 4. in the United States 5.other 6. music 7. computer science 8. think 9. In each class 10. well
(8)1.millions of 2. to camp 3. in the mountains 4. fresh air 5. many kinds of
6. on wheels 7. such as 8. most 9. set up 10. a very simple life
(9)1. different from 2. on farms 3. in villages or towns 4. Instead of 5. on their land 6. on Saturdays 7. all of the farm families 8. Of course 9. had to10. learned
(10)1. eastern country 2. to draw 3. on the blackboard 4. in the same way 5. looked 6. was surprised 7. different from 9. themselves 10. have to
(11)1. only 2. grew up 3. about freedom 4. went on 5. In 1954 6. in the south 7. for a short time 8. Many years later 9. famous 10. finished
(12)1.thought about 2. else 3. a few days 4. had to 5. Every time 6. happens7. in our English class 8. In fact 9. ever 10. is waiting for me
VI. 101.515
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (A)
A: Good afternoon, John!
B: 1______________, Li Wei.
A: I hear you are going to Kunming for a winter holiday.
B: Yes, I’ll go next week.
A: 2____________________________?
B: It’s neither too cold nor too hot. It’s warm there.
A: 3____________________________________.
B: Thank you.
JohnLi WeiLi Wei JohnJohn1Good afternoon2What’s the weather like in Kunming? / How is the weather there? 3Thank youHave a good time./ Have a good journey./ I’m sure you will have a good time.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (B)
A: Hi, Peter! How are you today?
B: 4__________________________________. And you?
A: I’m OK. Are you free tomorrow?
B: 5__________________________________?
A: We’re going to the park. 6____________________?
B: Of course. I’d like to go with you. 7___________________?
A: We are going to meet at the school gate at one o’clock. Please be there on time.
B: OK. Thank you.
4How are you today?Fine, (I’m fine.) thank you. 5Are you free tomorrow? Yes, why?/ Yes, what’s up? 6Of course. I’d like to go with you. Would you like to go with us?/ Will you go with us? 7We are going to meet at the school gate at one o’clock. Please be there on time. When and where are we going to meet?/ When and where shall we meet?
&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&(C)
A: Dad. I can’t find my socks. 8__________________?
B: Let me see. Are they white?
A: Yes. 9______________________?
B: I saw them in our sitting-room just now. You may go and get them.
A: Oh! Here they are!
B: You should put your things away.
A: 10____________________________________.
8Dad. I can’t find my socks. Have you seen them? Yes. 9Where did you see them?/ Where are they? 10Yes, I will./ OK, I will. / OK, I won’t do that again.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&(1)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (2)
Sounds good.
Yes, there is.
It’s only five minutes’ walk. Let’s go.
4______________________________________________ ?
Light music. I think it can relax myself. 5________________________?
OK. I can lend you some CDs. I’ll bring them to our school tomorrow.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (3)
Hello.1_______________________________?
Yes. This is David, Bruce’s friend. I want to ask him for some Chinese ancient coins. He told me he had got some recently. 3__________________________________. I don’t care if they were made of different metals. I just want to add some more coins in my collection.
Well, I won’t be at home later this day. Would you please ask him to ring me tomorrow morning??
Oh, sorry. 5___________________________________.& The new number is .
It’s really nice of you, Madam. Thank you very much. Goodbye!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (5)
Hello! 1______________________?
This is Kate.
That’s very kind of you. I’m calling to ask her if she is free tomorrow. It’s March 12th, Tree Planting Day tomorrow. And 4___________________.
We’ll meet at the school gate at 7:00. 5_________________________.
Many thanks. Goodbye.
(Two friends meet each other after May Day.)?
(1)1. How many times have you read it?
2. Who wrote it?/ Who is the writer?
3. So do I ./ Me, too.
4. It’s exciting / wonderful / great.
5. Is it far from here?
(2)1. Shall we have something to eat?/ Let’s have something to eat, shall we?/ How about having something to eat?
2. if / whether there is a restaurant near here?
3. How far is it from here?
4. What kind music do you like?
5. Would you like to try?
(4)1. Could I speak to Bruce, please?
2. He’s not in at the moment.
3. I’m not sure he would give me one or two.
4. Has he got your telephone number?
5. My telephone number has changed.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
1and, as well as, or… 2but, yet, however… 3when, while, after, before, then, after that… 4so, therefore ,as a result… 5in order to, in order that , so as to, so that… 6for example , such as… 7in general, in all, in a word, generally speaking…
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Yours,
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Zhang Qiang
31. got your letter 2. glad to be your friend 3. name, zhang Qiang, fifteen, live in Shaanxi 4. a middle school student, like English, like sports, good at drawing, 5. hope we’ll meet in China
41. 2. 3.4.
I got your letter yesterday. I’m very glad to be your pen friend. My name is Zhang Qiang. I’m fifteen years old, too. I live in Shaanxi.
I’m a middle school student, too. I like English and physics very much. I also like sports, but I’m good at drawing. I know a little about America. Could you tell me something more about your country in your next letter?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 1
The Hua Mountain is one of the most famous mountains in China. It lies in the east of Shaanxi.& Every year thousands of Chinese and foreigners pay a visit there. It’s not far from here. It takes you about one hour to get there by bus. You can also go there by train. When you are at the top of the mountain, you’ll find clouds, wondrous pines and unique rocks around you. In the early morning when the sun rises, the sky looks very beautiful. It’s really a nice place to visit.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (2)
Li Lei &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&(3)
Xi’an is the capital of Shaanxi with a long history. There are many places of interest, such as the Dayan Pagoda, the Xiaoyan Pagoda, the Bell Tower and the Terra Cotta Warriors. Since it lies in the Northwest of China, the winter here is long and it sometimes snows. Autumn is the best season in Xi’an, for it’s neither too cold nor too hot. One of the most famous traditional foods is “Yangroupao”.&
My classmates were waiting at the school gate with buckets and hoes.?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 12
21Book1(Unit1-Unit16)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Book1(Unit1-Unit16)
1. Sit down
2. on duty
3. in English
4. have a seat
5. at home
6. look like
7. look at
8. have a look
9. come on
10. at work
11. at school
12. put on
13. look after
14. get up
15. go shopping
1. help sb. do sth.
2. What about…?
3. Let’s do sth.
4. It’s time to do sth.
5. It’s time for …
6. What’s…? It is…/ It’s…
7. Where is…? It’s….
8. How old are you? I’m….
9. What class are you in? I’m in….
10. Welcome to….
11. What’s …plus…? It’s….
12. I think…
13. Who’s this? This is….
14. What can you see I can see….
15. There is (are) ….
16. What colour is it (are they)? It’s (They’re)…
17. Whose …is this? It’s….
18. What time is}

我要回帖

更多关于 your family 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信