l can'can t hold usten whole sk

Macklemore - 搜狗百科
&&历史版本
Macklemore
该版本已锁定
Macklemore(/'maek.l??m?r/ mak-l?-mor),曾被称为Professor Macklemore,原名Ben Haggerty,来自西雅图的说唱歌手。他是一位关注社会的艺人,其歌曲提及了同性恋婚姻,种族和毒瘾。他于2000年开始独立发行音乐,现在与制片人Ryan Lewis合作。他已经发布了一张Mixtape,三张EP及两张专辑,却没有一张用厂牌撑腰。单“Thrift Shop”已经在YouTube超过四亿次观看次数,2013年曾在美国公告牌最热100单曲上排名第一,并售出220万份拷贝。
Macklemore(/'maek.l??m?r/ mak-l?-mor),曾被称为Professor Macklemore,原名Ben Haggerty,来自西雅图的说唱歌手。他是一位关注社会的艺人,其歌曲提及了同性恋婚姻,种族和毒瘾。他于2000年开始独立发行音乐,现在与制片人Ryan Lewis合作。他已经发布了一张Mixtape,三张EP及两张专辑,却没有一张用厂牌撑腰。单“Thrift Shop”已经在YouTube超过四亿次观看次数,2013年曾在美国公告牌最热100单曲上排名第一,并售出220万份拷贝。这是自1994年以来第一次没有主流厂牌支持的歌曲在公告牌单曲榜上排名第一.随后,他们第二首单曲“Can't Hold Us”同样登上了单曲榜首位;这使得他们称为历史上第一个二人组合前两首单曲就在公告牌单曲榜双双登顶。Macklemore 和 Ryan Lewis 于日发布了他们的第一张录音室专辑 The Heist,登上公告牌二百强专辑榜第二位。
Macklemore在常绿州立大学获得了学士学位。2000年,他以Professor Macklemore名字发行了EP《Open Your Eyes》。2005年,他发行了自己 的首张正式专辑《The Language of My World 》。2009年9月,他发行了Mixtape《The Unplanned》,他以自己的毒品经历创作出了大受好评的歌曲“Otherside”。Macklemore每年会给粉丝们举办一个披萨派对,粉丝们有机会通过歌唱,画画等方式来得到与自己偶像见面的机会。在个人方面, Macklemore并没有出生在一个音乐世家。但是其父母都很支持儿子的音乐旅程。Macklemore有一个职业是英语老师的兄弟。从社会身份和地位来讲,Macklemore是一个受压迫受歧视的人。Macklemore曾是一个吸毒者,在吸毒的过程中他的名声大跌,也让他自己无所适从,因此开始戒毒。但Macklemore已经成功戒除毒瘾,并在一步步走回乐坛。也正因如此,他的歌曲里面包含着数个对消费主义、种族和毒瘾的看法和观念。人们不应该戴有色眼镜歧视他。
Thrift Shop
发行于2012年9月的一首满是消费观念的说唱歌曲,让Macklemore的人气暴涨。这首歌取得成功代表着世界对他个人的肯定,也代表着世界对消费主义的思考再次升华。在美国DigItal Song top40中,Thrift Shop创造了10周冠军,打破了2009年轰动全世界的组合the black eyed peas的代表作“I gotta feeling”的记录。这首旧货店已经在全球翻唱数百次。96-96-82-77-66-55-42-35-28-21-13-10-10-5-2-1-1-1-1-2-2-2-2-2-1-1-2-2-3-4-6-7-11-12-14(有待更新,登榜第13周跨年,当时排行第10)这首歌创造了美国公告牌56年最长周数回冠记录,此前屈居5周亚军是被Harlem Shake压住。(注:Harlem Shake空降冠军并连冠5周,正是billboard新规则变动——简言之即下调了数字下载的比例,大幅增加了流媒体的比重——这种影响下的受益现象之一)歌曲:Thrift shop歌手:Macklemore& Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz歌词Hey Macklemore! Can we go thrift shopping?What what what what what what what...I'm gonna pop some tagsonly got twenty dollars in my pocketI'm I'm I'm huntinglooking for a come upthis is fucking awesomeWalk into the club like what up?I got a big cockI'm just pumped up off some shit from the thrift shopIce on the fringe is so damn frostyThe people like quotDamn, that's a cold ass honky&quotRolling in hella deep headed to the mezzanineDressed in all pink except my gator shoes those are greenDraped in a leopard mink girl standing next to meProbably shoulda washed this smells like R.Kelly sheets pissBut shit it was 99 cents buy itCoppin' it washin' it 'bout to go and get some complimentspassing up on those moccasins Someone else has been walking inbummy and grudgy fucking itI am stunting and plus it issaving money and I'm hella happyThat's a bargain bitchI'mma take your grandpa styleNot for real ask your grandpaCan I have his hand-me-downs? Thank youVelour jumpsuit and some house slippersDookie Brown leather jacket that I found diggingThey had a broken keyboardI bought a broken keyboardI bought a skeet blanket then I bought a knee boardHello hello my ace man my MillerJohn Wayne ain't got nothing on my fringe game hell noI could take some Pro Wings, make them cool sell thoseThe sneaker heads would be like quotAh he got the Velcros quotWhat you know about rocking a wolf on your noggin?What you knowing about wearing a fur fox skin?I'm digging I'm digging I'm searching right through that luggageOne man's trash that's another man's come upThank your granddad for donating that plaid button up shirtCause right now I'm up in here stuntingI'm at the Goodwill you can find me in the UptonsI'm that sucker sucker searching in the sectionYour grammy your aunty your momma your mammyI'll take those lannel zebra jammies second handAnd I'll rock that mother fuckerThey built a onsie with the socks on the mother fuckerI hit the party and they stop in that mother fuckerThey be like quotYo that's only fifty dollars for a t-shirt quotLimited edition let's do some simple additionFifty dollars for a t-shirt that's just some ignorant bitch shitI call that getting swindled and pimped shitI call that getting tricked by businessthat shirt's hella doughAnd having the same one as six other people in this club is a hella don'tPeep game come take a look through my telescopeTrying to get girls from a brand? Then you hella won'tThen you hella won't(Goodwill... poppin' tags... yeah!)I wear your granddad's clothesI look incredibleI'm in this big ass coatfrom that thrift shop down the roadIs that your grandma's coat?
Can't hold us
(不能压住我们)这是一首极棒的说唱曲目,他强烈的节奏感不比黑眼豆豆所唱的歌曲差。包括他歌词字里行间透露出的对自由的渴望,绝不是一般人能比的,从而他空降Hit.fmTop20的No.2.歌曲:Can‘t hold us歌手:Macklemore& Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz歌词:Return of the Mack - get upWhat it is, what it does, what it is, what it isn'tLooking for a better way to get up out of bedInstead of getting on the internet and checking a new hitWe get up, fresh out, pimp strut walkingLittle bit of humble, little bit of cautiousSomewhere between like, Rocky and Cosby, Sweater GangNope, Nope. y'all can't copy thatBad, moonwalkin', This here, is our partyMy posse's been on broadway, and we did it our wayGrown musicI shed my skin and put my bones into everything I record to itAnd yet I'm onLet that stage light go and shine on downGot the Bob Barker suit game and Plinko in my styleMoneyStay on my craft and stick around for those poundsBut I do that to pass the torch and put on for my townTrust me, on my I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T shit hustlingChasing dreams since I was 14With the 4 track, bussingHalfway cross that city with the backpack, fat cat, crush shitLabels out here, nah they can't tell me nothingWe give it to the people, spread it across the countryLabels out here, nah they can't tell me nothingWe give it to the people, spread it across the countryAnd then we go back, this is the momentTonight is the night, we'll fight till it's overSo we put our hands up like the ceiling can't hold usLike the ceiling can't hold usAnd then we go back, this is the momentTonight is the night, we'll fight till it's overSo we put our hands up like the ceiling can't hold usLike the ceiling can't hold usNow, can I kick it? Thank youYeah I'm so damn gratefulI grew up really wanting gold frontsBut that's what you get when Wu-Tang raised youY'all can't stop me, I go hard like I've got an 808 in my heart beatAnd I'm eating at the beatLike you gave a little speed to a great white shark on shark week(Why? Time to go off. Gone)? Deuces, goodbyeI'vAnd my girl, She wanna see RomeCaesar'll make you a believerNah, I never ever did it for a throneThat validation comesSo I'm giving it back to the people nowSing that song and it goes like...Raise those hands, this is our partyWe came here to live life like nobody was watchingI got my If I fall they got meLearn from that failure, gain humilityThen we keep marching, I said&Na na NAna na naNA na&And all my people say
(同样的爱)Same love是由说唱二人组合Macklemore & Ryan Lewis演唱,收录在他们首张正式专辑The Heist (Deluxe Edition)。Same Love是一首关于支持同性恋说唱歌曲,flow温柔,思想开放,言辞不偏激,感染力极强,使人们明白在道德和法律上,同性恋都不该被歧视。歌曲:Same Love歌手:Macklemore&Ryan Lewis歌词:When I was in the third grade I thought that I was gay我念高三的时候以为自己是gay‘Cause I could draw, and my uncle was, and I kept my room straight因为我会画画,我叔叔也是gay,所以我把房间装饰的很像一个直男I told my mom tearsrushing downmy face我跟妈说,边说边流泪She’s like “Ben you've loved girls since before pre-k shrimp”她却说“Ben小傻瓜,你上学前班前就喜欢女孩了”Trippin’, yeah, I guess she had a point, didn’t she?算了 她也有自己的想法,不是么?Bunch of stereotypes all in my head.传统的思绪总是萦绕在我的心头I remember doing the math like, “yea I’m good at little league”我记得在做数学的时候 我就认为自己擅长加入一些小联盟社团A preconceived idea of what it all meant类似这种自以为是的先入为主的想法For those that liked the same sex这是喜欢同性的人Had the characteristics都有的特征The right wing conservatives think it’s a decision右翼的保守派以为这是后天人为的And you can be cured with some treatment and religion可以通过治疗和宗教被治愈Man made rewiring of a predisposition于是人们被要求重新塑造自己先天的取向Playing god, aw nah here we go就这样他们以为自己就是上帝America the brave still fears what we don’t know所谓的勇敢的美国人总是畏惧他们不知道的东西And god loves all his children, is some how forgotten上帝爱他所有的孩子,这点却莫名奇妙的被忘记But we paraphrase a book written thirty-five-hundred years ago但是在3500年前我们居然虔诚的恭读释义着上帝的圣经I don’t know我不懂And I can’t change我也无法改变Even if I tried即便我曾经努力Even if I wanted to即便曾经我想过I can't change我无法改变Even if I try即便努力Even if I wanted to即便曾经我想过My love我的爱人My love我的爱My love我的爱She keeps me warm她让我感到温暖She keeps me warm她让我感到温暖She keeps me warm她让我感到温暖She keeps me warm她让我感到温暖If I was gay, I would think hip-hop hates me如果我是gay,我认为hip-hop会讨厌我Have you read the YouTube comments lately你看到YouTube最近的评论了吗&Man, that’s gay& gets dropped on the daily“伙计 这是个gay!”,每天都能看到这样的话We become so numb to what we’re saying我们对自己的言行变得越来越麻木A culture founded from oppression这是一种建立在压迫之上的文化Yet we don’t have acceptance for ‘em我们还么有完全接受他们Call each other faggots behind the keys of a message board我们还在加密的留言板里卖弄用言语侮辱着伤害着他们A word rooted in hate, yet our genre still ignores it这样一个根源于憎恨的词汇,而我们却仍然对此视而不见Gay is synonymous with the lesserGay是少数群体的代名词It’s the same hate that’s caused wars from religion但也正是因为这种仇恨导致了宗教之间的战争Gender to skin color, the complexion of your pigment与引起性别之争和肤色之战使的憎恨一模一样The same fight that led people to walk outs and sit ins与导致人们游行静坐的示威憎恨一模一样It’s human rights for everybody, there is no difference!但这都是每个人与生俱来的权力,没有不什么同!Live on and be yourself继续坚持做你自己When I was at church they taught me something else我去教堂的时候, 他们教导我还有其他的一些事If you preach hate at the service those words aren’t anointed如果在你步道中提到憎恨,那些词句是未被净化的That holy water that you soak in has been poisoned所以会玷污你喝下的圣水When everyone else is more comfortable remaining voiceless当其他人更倾向于保持沉默Rather than fighting for humans that have had their rights stolen而不是为了人类被盗取的权利发起抗争的时候I might not be the same, but that’s not important我也许是不同的,但那并不重要No freedom till we’re equal, damn right I support it没有平等就没有自由,我会一直支持同性恋And I can’t change我无法改变Even if I tried即便曾经努力Even if I wanted to即便曾经我想My love我的爱My love我的爱My love我的爱She keeps me warm她让我感到温暖She keeps me warm她让我感到温暖She keeps me warm她让我感到温暖She keeps me warm她让我感到温暖We press play, don’t press pause要开始,不要停止Progress, march on前进,继续前行With the veil over our eyes用面纱蒙住双眼We turn our back on the cause忘记缘由Till the day that my uncles can be united by law直到我的叔叔们可以依法结合When kids are walking ‘round the hallway plagued by pain in their heart当孩子们在走廊徘徊心中饱受煎熬A world so hateful some would rather die than be who they are这是个充满憎恨的世界,有人甚至宁愿死都不愿面对真实的自己And a certificate on paper isn’t gonna solve it all一纸婚书不能解决所有事But it’s a damn good place to start但绝对是一个好的开始No law is gonna change us法律不会改变我们We have to change us我们必须改变自己Whatever god we believe in不管我们信奉哪个上帝We come from the same one我们同根同族Strip away the fear剥落恐惧Underneath it’s all the same love显露出来的是同样的爱About time that we raised up是时候站起来了And I can’t change我无法改变Even if I tried即便曾经努力Even if I wanted to即便曾经我想I can't change我无法改变Even if I try即便努力Even if I wanted to即便我想My love我的爱My love我的爱My love我的爱She keeps me warm她让我感到温暖She keeps me warm她让我感到温暖She keeps me warm她让我感到温暖She keeps me warm她让我感到温暖Love is patient爱是包容Love is kind爱是友善Love is patient爱是包容Love is kind爱是友善(I‘m not crying on Sundays)(我不会在周日哭泣)
最佳社会资讯录像带
(获奖)2013-08
最佳Hip-Hop录像带
Can't Hold Us
(获奖)2013-07
MTV Video Music AwardBest Editing
Can't Hold Us
(提名)2013-07
MTV Video Music AwardBest Direction
Can't Hold Us
(提名)2013-07
MTV Video Music AwardBest Cinematography
Can't Hold Us
(提名)2013-07
MTV Video Music AwardBestVideoWithASocialMessage
(提名)2013-07
MTV Video Music Award nominees Best Hip Hop Video
Can't Hold Us
(提名)2013-07
MTV Video Music Award nominees Video of the Year
Thrift Shop
(提名)2013-05
Top Rap Song【最佳说唱歌曲】
Thrift Shop
(获奖)2013-05
Top Streaming Song (Video)【最佳流媒体音乐录影带】
Thrift Shop
(提名)2013-05
Top Digital Song【最佳数字歌曲】
Thrift Shop
(提名)2013-05
Top Rap Album【最佳说唱专辑】
01 Ten Thousand Hours
随着一个明亮的前奏和Macklemore诗一般的歌词,专辑拉开序幕。根据作家Malcolm Gladwell 的理论,不考虑天赋,一个人想要熟练掌握一门技艺,至少要有一万个小时的练习。歌名由此而来。The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint/The greats were great cause they paint a lot.Mack不但谈到了自己的刻苦工作,还谈到了对艺术的热爱和对自己的艺术的信心:A life lived for art is never a life wasted. This is my world, this is my arena/The TV told me something different I didn't believe it/I stand here in front of you today all because of an idea/I could be who I wanted if I could see my potential/And I know that one day I'mma be him. 在很多人还不认为说唱是真正的音乐的今天,Macklemore坚信这就是他的艺术,只要我坚持,只要我热爱,只要我刻苦,总有一天,我会成功。Generation of kids choosing love over a desk/Put those hours in and look at what you get/Nothing that you can hold but everything that it is/Ten thousand
02 Can't Hold Us
(feat. Ray Dalton)第二首歌依旧充满正能量,副歌、伴奏都颇为雄浑大气。不同于平庸的rappers关于庆祝的歌曲,Can't Hold Us里充满了对生活的、自己城市的和音乐的热爱。 Macklemore & Ryan Lewis也定义了他们自己的风格:谦逊、幽默、坚韧、成熟以及什么都自己来掌控的独立厂牌。
03 Thrift Shop
(feat. Wanz)火遍全球的大热单曲,让Macklemore & Ryan Lewis家喻户晓的功臣。欢乐的节奏,好听的副歌,俏皮的flow和歌词。但这首歌背后还有更深的含义,并不是“穷开心”,而是对名牌和过度消费的批判,只不过不是声嘶力竭的指责,而是笑嘻嘻地一口一个shit。Club里人们肤浅地以名牌取人,99分的皮草大衣照样泡到妞,五十刀的衬衫简直是敲诈。
04 Thin Line
(feat. Buffalo Madonna)专辑里唯一一首关于爱情的歌曲。在略带悲伤的副歌的吟唱和平缓的伴奏下,Mack开始慢慢诉说自己不可挽回的爱情。他只顾着自己的音乐、关心这世界,却忽略身边最爱自己的那个人,最终原本相爱的两人走到了无法挽回的境地。随着歌词内容愈发尖锐,flow也愈发激烈,My job comes with complimentary toothpaste/Lately, I’ve been living up out of my suitcase/Building trust in that I’m leaving on Tuesday/Bought a one night stand, just a bootleg. 在verse2的最后一句突然慢了下来:I said peace before but this time I meant it.这也是这首歌的可贵之处,作为一首情歌,没有痛哭流涕的挽回也没有满心怨恨,而是非常理智地明白:每次爱她少一点,回不去的爱情,就让她离开吧,过去吧,就算还爱。You were the love of my life/This time we know we know/It’s overCan’t get her out of my head/This place is a mess/Holding onto cobwebs/That has us both on the fence/She walks that thin line/In and out of my bed/Each time I love her less.And on on and on and on we go/We love who we are but now it’s gone/Let’s leave before we eat each other alive
05 Same Love
(feat. Mary Lambert)同样的爱。纯净的钢琴伴随一句When I was in the 3rd grade/I thought that I was gay/Cause I could draw, my uncle was/And I kept my room straight. Macklemore把听众带到他小时候,他认为自己是gay,妈妈为此泪流。虽然Macklemore真的不是同性恋,但是就算是也没什么值得痛心的,在道德和法律上,同性恋都不该被歧视。Macklemore认为这和歧视肤色、种族、性别是一样的错误。Same Love就是一篇关于支持同性恋演讲,flow温柔,思想开放,言辞不偏激。Human rights for everybody There is no difference Live on! And be yourself!
06 Make the Money
很俗的标题不俗的歌曲。人应该明白什么轻什么重,只要努力,钱自然会来,但是不能什么时候都向钱看。If I'd done it for the money I'd have been a fucking lawyer.当然了谁都想要钱,想要荣华富贵,Mack也一样。But if that's what I believe in, and the reason that I rap/Uncle Sam is my pimp when he puts me on the track.副歌简单易懂,却也是时刻需要人们提醒自己的:Make the money, don't let the money make youChange the game, don't let the game change youI'll forever remain faithfulAll my people stay true
07 Neon Cathedral
(feat. Allen Stone)Neon Cathedral把酒吧和教堂作对比,Macklemore描写自己在酗酒和忏悔之间徘徊。由于是自己的真实经历,他对一个人对于酗酒的描写非常生动:因为喝酒带来的快感和罪恶感,他只能一杯接着一杯,用快感麻醉自己,淹没罪恶感;或者是自欺欺人地告诉自己上帝告诉他酗酒是好事。This crown of thorns is perched atop my spine/But listen closely as I testify/Dependency has been a thief at night/Thief at night, thief at night最终对酒精和药物等等的依赖会毁掉你的一切。对任何上瘾,这都是一个警醒,对于任何负面或中性事物的过度痴迷,都有可能毁掉你,偷走你的一切。
(feat. The Teaching)一首Ryan Lewis和The Teaching制作的纯音乐,没有Macklemore参与。很多时候人们都习惯谈论Macklemore,其实提到的是Macklemore & Ryan Lewis。Ryan作为制作人绝不应该被忽略。(笔者对制作了解的不是很多所以这种纯音乐技术层面也谈不了很多。)
09 White Walls
(feat. ScHoolboy Q & Hollis)专辑里最没有深度的一首歌,表达一下Mack对凯迪拉克的热爱。表达一下balling.
10 Jimmy Iovine
(feat. Ab-Soul)以Interscope Records老大Jimmy Iovine命名,又是很有创意的一首歌,伴奏急促,整体表现出一种急切、绝望的状态。歌曲第一部分Mack像罪犯对待要抢劫的地方一样去观察、乔装带枪潜入唱片公司,赌上性命只为拿(抢/偷)到一份唱片合约。第二部分在老板为他讲解完剥削一般的合约内容后他却只冷漠地回答道I appreciate the offer, thought that this is what I wanted/Rather be a starving artist than succeed at getting fucked. 歌曲便急促结束。 有趣的是Mack在采访里解释道这首歌并不是针对Jimmy Iovine的,他们和Iovine相处愉快,Jimmy Iovine是个不错的人(可笑的是他们还是在歌本里画了一幅丑陋的满眼是钱的Iovine肖像)。所以本质上这首歌是对整体上对major labels的批判。众所周知The Heist通过Macklemore & Ryan Lewis自己的独立厂牌发售的,他们自己管控货物仓库,自己开卡车,收益都归自己,他们喜欢这样。歌曲中对唱片公司冰冷毫无艺术气息的办公室和大老板的虚情假意的描写尤为生动犀利。
各种AJ,各种牛逼的球鞋,各种流行的服饰。从小孩子到成年人,多少人迷失在对这些东西过度的追捧中。从一开始单纯对物品的热爱,到最后的无脑狂热。Wing$ are not wings.Look at me, look at me/I’m a cool kid/I’m an individual, yeah/But I’m part of a movement/My movement told me be a consumer and I consumed it/They told me to just do it/I listened to what that swoosh said/Look at what that swoosh did/See it consumed my thoughts.一双鞋,就是一双鞋,品牌不是身份的象征,就是商家向你索取的金钱,并不能代表你的身份,别再肤浅。
(feat. Evan Roman)歌如其名,指出了很多社会问题:不安全性行为、种族歧视、嗑药等等。希望人人都认识到问题,人人都做出自己的一份努力,让世界更美好。但是因为话题过于敏感,Macklemore也不能在歌里深入讨论。So we just party like it's nineteen ninety nineCelebrate the ignorance while these kids keep dying.对于歌中Macklemore认为媒体对于自己理智的歌词的吹捧太过了,我倒认为这是他妄自菲薄。
(feat. Eighty4 Fly)Everything is gold, everything is equal.如果全世界什么都是金子,也就没有什么值钱不值钱,Macklemore希望全世界都平等。
14 Starting Over
(feat. Ben Bridwell of Band of Horses)又是一首关于自己与酗酒抗争的作品,虽然一首Otherside让macklemore成为戒酒、抗争欲望的典范、楷模。但是他在日破了酒戒,为此后悔不已,Macklemore宁可把自己破戒事实公之于众,也不愿接受不应得的赞誉。是人都有欲望,是人都会犯错,不要过分苛责他。希望在和心魔抗争的人们If I can be an example of gettin' soberThen I can be an example of startin' over
15 Cowboy Boots
作为专辑的结尾,Macklemore & Ryan Lewis作了一首怀念过去的朋友和时光的作品。有一股苍老的感觉,总体来说Macklemore & Ryan Lewis的The Heist绝对是如今乐坛上一张出类拔萃的专辑:歌词如诗,flow独特、制作悦耳流畅,专辑充满了理性、幽默、谦逊和批判。没有低端的无止境的吹捧、暴力、性等等,多的是一份正能量,不是幼稚胡扯虚伪的正能量,是真正的可以振奋人的正能量。而作为一张独立厂牌发行的专辑,单曲不断刷新各种记录、专辑大卖也可以说是狠狠地给了主流厂牌一个耳光。他们的事实告诉艺人们不是只有随大流的内容才能吸引人,不是只有大厂牌才能让人飞黄腾达。}

我要回帖

更多关于 can not hold us 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信