l,am什么,l,couldnt什么when was he born,l,was什么at

Many years ago ,l was working at my job at a community college when a homeless woman came in. She began as she lay on one of the sofas in the student rest room. , she wasn't well. Without thinking too 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
Many years ago ,l was working at my job at a community college when a homeless woman came in. She began &&&&as she lay on one of the sofas in the student rest room. &&&, she wasn't well. Without thinking too much I went next door to the Student Affairs office where I knew I could find &&&&&&&in the Lost and Found box. I&&&&&up a set of clothing and went back to my office, &&&&&&&I heard a colleague calling me. She told me that I should not &&&&this person, as it would only lead to her wanting more help. I refused her&&&&&&and went back to help the woman,&&my co-worker's warning . Two weeks later, while I was working, a very cute elderly man entered my &&&&&and asked to speak with me in private. Curiously, l gave him my full&&&and he told me that he had happened to hear my&&&with the co-worker about helping the &&&woman. He wanted me to know that it was always okay to help people and that was why he wanted to give me a &&&&for $1,000. I burst into tears, because I &&&&needed the money at the time, but also because I had never been&&&&&in such a way for helping someone! We soon became good&&&&&and 10 years later he called me up suddenly and told me he wanted to help me &&&&my first home! He &&&&giving me $120,000 as part payment for my dream house in my home town. I asked him why he wanted to give me such a large amount of money and he said it was because I was a " giver"& and that I &&&&it !& To make a long story short, l was able to buy the perfect little home for myself, all because one day I did not &&&&to help a homeless woman.小题1:A.smilingB.talkingC.shoutingD.coughing小题2:A.LuckilyB.ClearlyC.StrangelyD.Sadly小题3:A.clothesB.booksC.foodD.medicine小题4:A.gaveB.turnedC.gatheredD.made小题5:A.whileB.whenC.howD.why小题6:A.ignoreB.disturbC.valueD.help小题7:A.adviceB.requestC.planD.offer小题8:A.more thanB.rather thanC.regardless ofD.apart from小题9:A.homeB.officeC.classroomD.dormitory小题10:A.energyB.loveC.careD.attention小题11:A.disagreementB.discussionC.fightD.quarrel小题12:A.youngB.oldC.sickD.wealthy小题13:A.supportB.checkC.tipD.promise小题14:A.anxiouslyB.eagerlyC.hardlyD.really小题15:A.recognizedB.measuredC.taughtD.praised小题16:A.colleaguesB. competitorsC.partnersD.friends小题17:A.buildB.buyC.rentD.repair小题18:A.came outB.ended upC.carried onD.resulted in小题19:A.deservedB.wantedC.neededD.enjoyed小题20:A.fearB.failC.hesitateD.attempt
小题1:D 小题2:B小题3:A小题4:C小题5:B小题6:D小题7:A小题8:C小题9:B小题10:D小题11:A小题12:C小题13:B小题14:D小题15:A小题16:D小题17:B小题18:B小题19:A小题20:C试题分析:文章介绍作者遇到一个无家可归的妇女生病了,虽然同事警告他不要帮助这个妇女,但是作者还是毫不犹豫的帮助了她,因为这个小小的善举,作者得到的回报却是巨大的。小题1:考查动词:A. smiling 微笑的,B. talking谈话,C. shouting叫喊,D. coughing咳嗽, 从下文的:Clearly, she wasn't well.可知这名妇女在咳嗽,选D 小题2:考查副词:A. Luckily幸运地,B. Clearly 清楚地,C. Strangely奇怪地,D. Sadly悲伤地,很清楚,她生病了,选 B小题3:考查名词:A. clothes衣服,B. books 书,C. food食物,D. medicine药,从下文的:I& 39&& up a set of clothing and went back to my office,选 A小题4:考查动词:A. gave给,B. turned转变,C. gathered收集,D. made制作,我为她收集了一些衣服,然后回来了,选 C小题5:考查连词:A. while当…时候,表示一段时间,B. when 当…时候,表示时间点,这时,C. how怎样, D. why 为什,这时,一个同事叫我,选B 小题6:考查动词:.A.ignore忽略,B. disturb打扰,C. value 价值,D. help帮助,一个同事告诉我我不应该帮助这个人,因为这只能导致她期待更多的帮助,选D小题7:考查名词:A. advice建议,B. request要求,C. plan计划,D. offer提供,我拒绝了她的建议,选A小题8: 考查词组:A. more than 多于,不仅仅,B. rather than而不是,C. regardless of不管,D. apart from除了,我还是继续,不理会她的警告,选C小题9:考查名词:A. home家,B. office办公室,C. classroom教室,D. dormitory 宿舍,从上文的:A co-worker told me I should not help this person.可知作者应该有办公室,选B小题10:考查名词:A. energy精力,B. love爱,C. care 关心,D. attention注意,从前面的curiously,可知作者很好奇,所以非常注意他,选D 小题11:考查名词: A. disagreement分歧,B. discussion讨论,C. fight争吵,D. quarrel 争吵,他无意间听见我和同事关于帮助这个生病的妇女的分歧,选A小题12:考查形容词:A. young 年轻的,B. old老的,旧的,C. sick生病的,D. wealthy有钱的,从上文的Clearly, she wasn't well.可知这个妇女生病了,选 C小题13:考查名词:A. support支持,B. check支票,C. tip小费,建议,D. promise 许诺,这就是为什么他想给我一张1000美元的支票,选B小题14:考查副词:A. anxiously焦虑地,B. eagerly渴望地,C. hardly几乎不,D. really 真地,我突然哭了,因为那时我真的需要钱,选D小题15: 考查动词:A. recognized 识别,认可,B. measured衡量,C. taught教,D. praised 表扬,还有因为我从没有因为帮助别人,以这种方式被认可,选A 小题16:考查名词:A. colleagues同事,B.& competitors竞争者,C .partners伙伴,D. friends 朋友,我们很快变成了好朋友,选D小题17:考查动词:A. build建立,B. buy买,C. rent租,D. repair修理,从下文的:He& 53& giving me $120,000 as part payment for my dream house in my home town.选B小题18: 考查词组:A. came out出版,B. ended up最后,C. carried on 进行,D. resulted in导致,他最后给我12万美元做为在家乡买一个梦想的房子的一部分费用,选B 小题19:考查动词:A. deserved值得,B. wanted 想要,C. needed需要,D. enjoyed享受,他说我是一个给与者,我应该得到它,选 A 小题20:考查动词:A. fear害怕,B. fail 失败,C. hesitate犹豫,D. attempt试图, 都是因为有一天我毫不犹豫的帮助一个无家可归的妇女,选C。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
As I held my father's hands one night,I couldn't help but notice their calluses(老茧) and roughness.His hands tell the story of his life as a ____,including all his struggles.One summer,I remember,a drought(旱灾)hit Ontario,turning it into a____desert.On one of those hot mornings I was picking sweet corn with my dad to fill the last ____from the grocery store.Fifty dozen was all we needed,which____took twenty minutes. That morning,however,the process didn't___ quickly.After forty minutes of aimlessly walking in the field,we____ needed twenty dozen.I was completely frustrated and ____.Dropping the basket heavily,I declared,“If the store wants its last twenty dozen,they can pick it themselves!”Dad____,“Just think,my little girl,only ten dozen left for each of us and then we're____.”Such is Dad—whatever problem he ____,he never gives up.____,the disastrous effects of the drought were felt all over our country.It was a challenging time for everyone,____Dad remained optimistic.He__23__to be grateful for other things like good health and food on our plates.Only then did I truly begin to____Dad and his faith that guided us through the hard times.Dad is also a living example of real____.From dawn to dusk,he works countless hours to ____our family.He always puts our happiness ____his own,and never fails to cheer me on at my sports games____his exhaustion after long days.His loving and selfless nature has inspired me to become more sympathetic and____,putting others first.Dad,the life____I have learned from you will stay with me forever.You are my father,teacher,friend and,most importantly,my hero.                  小题1:A.teacherB.gardenerC.farmerD.grocer小题2:A.stormyB.livelyC.disappearingD.burning小题3:A.orderB.formC.gapD.position小题4:A.repeatedlyB.normallyC.finallyD.really小题5:A.goB.beginC.occurD.change小题6:A.yetB.stillC.evenD.nearly小题7:A.surprisedB.nervousC.angryD.frightened小题8:A.apologizedB.criedC.complainedD.laughed小题9:A.lostB.doneC.goneD.touched小题10:A.meets withB.brings upC.works outD.thinks about小题11:A.ThankfullyB.HopefullyC.UnfortunatelyD.Strangely小题12:A.orB.forC.soD.but小题13:A.happenedB.seemedC.continuedD.aimed小题14:A.faceB.appreciateC.examineD.question小题15:A.loveB.prideC.friendshipD.honesty小题16:A.supportB.settleC.startD.impress小题17:A.afterB.beforeC.besideD.under小题18:A.in spite ofB.in terms ofC.in control ofD.in place of小题19:A.carefulB.regretfuC.considerateD.humorous小题20:A.historyB.mottoC.patternsD.lessons
One cold afternoon a postman was slowly pushing his mail cart (邮车)____the hill that led out of the small town of lane.He was walking very____because there was a lot of ice on the____.He had only one more letter to deliver(传递), and this was for an old lady who lived at the____.Everybody____her “grandma”.She had lived alone____her daughter had____to Hawaii many years before.She used to invite the postman____for coffee whenever he____her letter, and she would tell him about her two grandchildren in Hawaii,whom she had____seen.However, she had lots of____of them, which she used to____him.Just as the____came near her gate,a small boy came____down the hill.Suddenly the boy slipped on the ice and fell.The postman stopped his mail cart and hurried____the street to help the boy.After a quick____,he saw that he had hurt his leg very badly.In fact, he was____that the boy's leg had been broken. He knew that “grandma” did not have a____,so he stopped a____driver and asked him to____the boy to Lance Hospital.小题1:A.down B.upC.along D.around小题2:A.bravely B.carefullyC.fast D.slowly小题3:A.cart B.groundC.field D.road小题4:A.gate B.bottomC.end D.top小题5:A.named B.shoutedC.calledD.talked小题6:A.ever sinceB.just asC.ever afterD.until小题7:A.left B.cameC.moved D.been小题8:A.inB.thereC.upD.to小题9:A.carried B.sentC.wrote D.brought小题10:A.already B.oftenC.never D.hardly小题11:A.pictures B.lettersC.news D.things小题12:A.tell B.showC.give D.send小题13:A.postman B.ladyC.children D.boy小题14:A.and ran B.to runC.ran D.running小题15:A.in B.onC.acrossD.into小题16:A.search B.lookC.hurry D.test小题17:A.sad B.angryC.afraidD.disappointed小题18:A.driver B.TV setC.telephone D.radio小题19:A.passing B.carefulC.good D.walking小题20:A.send B.bringC.get D.take
I lost my sight when I was four years old by falling off a car and landing on my head. Now I am thirty-two. I can vaguely remember the brightness of _____ and what color red is. It would be _____ to see again, but a (n) ____ can do strange things to people. I don’t mean I would ____ to go without my eyes. I simply mean that the loss of them made me appreciate more what I had ____.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&My parents and my teachers saw something in me ----- a ____ to live ---- which I didn’t see, and they made me want to fight in out with ___.The ____ lesson I had to learn was to believe in myself. I am not talking about simply the kind of ____ that helps me down so unfamiliar staircase alone. I _____ something bigger than that: a confidence that I am, despite being ____, a real, that there is a special place where I can make myself fit.It took me years to discover and strengthen this confidence. It had to start with the easy and simple things. _____ a man gave me an indoor baseball. I thought he was laughing at me and I was ____. “I can’t use this,” I said. “Take with you,” he urged me, “and roll it around.” The words _____ in my head. “Roll it around!” By rolling the ball I could ____ where it went. This gave me an idea how to achieve a goal I had thought ___ playing baseball. At Philadelphia’s Overbrook School for the Blind I ___ a successful variation of baseball. We called it ground ball.I have set ahead of me a series of goals and then tried to reach them, one at a time. I had to be clear about my &___. It was no good crying for something that I knew at the start was ____ out of reach because that only invited bitterness of failure. I would fail something anyway, _____ on the average I made progress.小题1:A.skyB.cloud C.sunshineD.mist小题2:A.helpfulB.wonderfulC.hopefulD.successful小题3:A.disasterB.environmentC.incidentD.wonder小题4:A.manageB.tryC.want D.prefer小题5:A.lost B.leftC.used D.cared小题6:A.purposeB.potential C.pressure D.preparation小题7:A.energyB.happinessC.luckD.blindness小题8:A.hardestB.dullestC.simplestD.easiest小题9:A.self-respect B.self-controlC.self-confidenceD.self-defence小题10:A.thinkB.consider C.guessD.mean小题11:A.imperfectB.perfectC.unfairD.fair小题12:A.LaterB.Soon C.OnceD.Then小题13:A.worried B.encouraged C.shockedD.hurt小题14:A.stuckB.impressed C.occupied D.held小题15:A.see B.hear C.notice D.observe小题16:A.importantB.unimportantC.possible D.impossible小题17:A.invented B.discovered C.instructed D.directed小题18:A.experience B.advantagesC.knowledgeD.limitation小题19:A.hardlyB.wildlyC.highlyD.deeply小题20:A.so B.forC.butD.and
Suzie goes to her art class on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. She always looks forward to those days when she can do&&&&things all afternoon. What Suzie likes best is the good feeling she gets when she has finished working on a piece of &&&. And then when she takes it home to&&&&her parents, she feels so proud of what she has made. On Wednesday afternoons Suzie writes articles for the &&&&&newspaper. When she first moved to her new school, she wrote an article about how it feels to be a &&&&&student in a new school. Her second&&& article in the newspaper was about a(n) &&&from her school who had just finished writing a book. Suzie &&&the teacher what it feels like to be a published author. And then she &&&&what she found out with the rest of the school. Another time she wrote an article about why she thought the school should have two short &&&&&a day instead of a long one. Lots of her friends thought that this would be a good idea too. Many teachers also &&&&with Suzie’s suggestion. Would you believe the principal (校长) of the school asked everyone to have a &&&&about Suzie’s suggestion? The principal always thinks that students should help decide how the school should be &&&&&.During the vote, each person in the school voted. At last, the school &&&&&that two short breaks would be better than one long break. And all of that happened because of Suzie’s suggestion in the school newspaper.On the day the newspaper &&&&&out each month, the first thing Suzie does is to &&&&&&&where her article is in the newspaper. And each time at the beginning of her article are the words: By Suzie Jefferson. 小题1:A.sensitiveB.creativeC.positiveD.instructive小题2:A.clothB.artC.articleD.picture小题3:A.showB.explainC.introduceD.reward小题4:A.nationalB.localC.schoolD.educational小题5:A.accustomedB.freshC.strangeD.regular小题6:A.authorB.artistC.student D.teacher小题7:A.toldB.askedC.examined D.obeyed小题8:A.describedB.recordedC.sharedD.forgot小题9:A.classesB.breaksC.activitiesD.sports小题10:A.discussedB.arguedC.disagreedD.agreed小题11:A.voteB.choiceC.questionD.decision小题12:A.performedB.runC.achievedD.established小题13:A.imaginedB.expectedC.decidedD.requested小题14:A.puts B.takesC.givesD.comes小题15:A.considerB.checkC.readD.place
题型:阅读理解
Albert was an ordinary worker in an oil company in America. His workmates gave a nickname(绰号) “Four dollars a bucket (桶)” to him, for he was always used to leaving an advertisement of his company “Four dollars a bucket of oil” below his name whenever and wherever he wrote down his name.As time went by, people forgot his real name. Later, when Rockefeller, the board chairman of the oil company, heard of it, he was very surprised, so he invited Albert to come to his office.“Some people give you a nickname for ‘Four dollars a bucket’. Why aren’t you angry?” asked Rockefeller with some puzzlement in his eyes.“Oh! Mr. Rockefeller! I like this nickname very much, because ‘Four dollars a bucket’ is our company’s advertisement. As long as someone calls me ‘Four dollars a bucket’ once, I think it’s a free advertisement for our company. I have no reason to get angry. Don’t you think so, Mr. Rockefeller?”“Oh! What a fantastic man!” Rockefeller said excitedly when hearing Albert’s words. “Young man, work harder! You must succeed in the future! I believe in you!”Five years later, Albert became the second board chairman after Rockefeller.Later Albert said in one of his reports, “I don’t think we should feel frustrated when we have no way to do the world-shaking things. We should treat every thing actively because maybe our future success will begin from a small thing!”小题1:Why wasn’t Albert angry at his nickname?A.He could become famous.B.He liked to have a nickname.C.It could make his workmates happy.D.It could advertise for his company for free.小题2:What is the main idea of this passage?A.It’s very important to do small things well.B.Rockefeller asked young people to work harder.C.You can’t get angry when someone calls your nickname.D.You should make more advertisements for your company.小题3:What would be the best title for this passage?A.A Clever Way to Make Advertisements.B.Albert and Rockefeller.C.Four Dollars a Bucket.D.The Second Board Chairman.
More Than I Had Dreamed OfFrom the time I was seven, I had a dream of becoming a member of the Students Union. I always &&&&&&my school leaders for taking responsibility for all of us. So I dreamed of being a leader. Years flew by, and soon I was able to participate in the elections, &&&&&&I would win. But the reality struck that I hadn’t had a chance. I wasn’t pretty. Girls across the school hardly knew me. I just did not have what it &&&&&&to win a school election. I was &&&&&&. As I cried in my room that evening, I &&&&&&took a deep breath and decided I wouldn’t stop dreaming. I decided that I would &&&&&&elections again in my final year at school—and I would win. I recognized that my &&&&&&had a lot of things in their favor. What were the &&&&&&that would work in my favor? I had good grades, and I was friendly and helpful. And my biggest &&&&&&&&was the faith I had. I would not allow my &&&&&&appearance to hold me back from putting my best foot forward. That evening, I &&&&&&my election plans a whole year in advance. I realized that girls would have to get to know me and recognize that I had the ability to &&&&&&them. I loved making friends and I liked being helpful, &&&&&&I decided that perhaps I could use these qualities to work to my advantage. In order to learn how to present a great election &&&&&&, I also attended a course on effective public speaking. The day after the election, when the principal(校长) announced I won the second highest number of votes, the students &&&&&. That joy on the faces of all my friends showed me that my victory was &&&&&&&theirs. Suddenly, I realized that I had &&&&&&much more than I had dreamed of. I had made many new friends and had helped people &&&&&&the way. I had won the &&&&&&and love of my school-mates and they knew me as somebody who would stand by them. I was able to put a smile on their faces and &&&&&&&their day.&小题1:A.rememberedB.admiredC.praisedD.believed小题2:A.planningB.prayingC.calculatingD.judging小题3:A.tookB.assessedC.providedD.meant小题4:A.concernedB.surprisedC.depressedD.confused小题5:A.graduallyB.immediatelyC.impatientlyD.suddenly小题6:A.participateB.enterC.joinD.go小题7:A.companionsB.enemiesC.schoolmatesD.competitors小题8:A.pointsB.casesC.methodsD.examples小题9:A.problemB.dreamC.strengthD.worry小题10:A.plainB.youngC.personalD.special小题11:A.announcedB.discussedC.beganD.cancelled小题12:A.recommendB.encourageC.supportD.represent小题13:A.butB.soC.thenD.or小题14:A.speechB.campaignC.ceremonyD.promise小题15:A.noddedB.cheeredC.gatheredD.cried小题16:A.onlyB.alsoC.stillD.almost小题17:A.devotedB.acceleratedC.accomplishedD.developed小题18:A.alongB.byC.toD.in小题19:A.appointmentB.reputationC.electionD.acceptance小题20:A.richB.blessC.expandD.brighten
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出适合填入对应空白处的最佳选项, 并在答题卡上将该选项涂黑。&&&My job was to make classroom observations and encourage a training program that would enable students to feel good about themselves and take charge of their lives. Donna was one of the volunteer teachers who participated in this &&&&&. One day, I entered Donna’s classroom, took a seat in the back of the room and &&&&&. All the students were working &&&&&&a task. The student next to me was filling her page with “I Can’ts.” “I can’t kick the soccer ball.” “I can’t get Debbie to like me.” Her page was half full and she showed no &&&&&&of stopping. I walked down the row and found &&&&&&was writing sentences, describing things they couldn’t do. By this time the activity aroused my &&&&&, so I decided to check with the teacher to see what was going on &&&&&&I noticed she too was busy writing. “I can’t get John’s mother to come for a parents’ meeting.” I felt it best not to &&&&&.After another ten minutes, the students were &&&&&&to fold the papers in half and bring them to the front. They placed their “I Can’t” statements into an empty shoebox. Then Donna&&&&&hers. She put the lid on the box, tucked it under her arm and headed out the door. Students followed the teacher. I followed the students. Halfway down the hallway Donna got a shovel from the tool house, and then marched the students to the farthest corner of the playground. There they began to &&&&&. The box of “I Can’ts” was placed at the &&&&&&of the hole and then quickly covered with dirt. At this point Donna announced, “Boys and girls, please join hands and &&&&&&your heads.” They quickly formed a circle around the grave.Donna delivered the eulogy (悼词). “Friends, we gathered here today to &&&&&&the memory of ‘I Can’t.’ He is &&&&&&by his brothers and sisters ‘I Can’ and ‘I Will’. May ‘I Can’t’ rest in &&&&&. Amen!”She turned the students &&&&&&and marched them back into the classroom. They celebrated the &&&&&&of “I Can’t”. Donna cut a large tombstone from paper. She wrote the words “I Can’t” at the top and the date at the bottom, then hung it in the classroom. On those rare occasions when a student &&&&&&and said, “I Can’t,” Donna &&&&&&pointed to the paper tombstone. The student then remembered that “I Can’t” was dead and chose other statement.&&&小题1:A.jobB.projectC.observationD.course小题2:A.checked B.noticedC.watchedD.waited小题3:A.onB.withC.asD.for小题4:A.scenes B.sensesC.marksD.signs小题5:A.nobodyB.somebodyC.everyoneD.anyone小题6:A.curiosityB.suspectC.sympathyD.worry小题7:A.andB.orC.butD.so小题8:A.insertB.interruptC.talkD.request小题9:A.taughtB.shownC.forcedD.instructed小题10:A.addedB.wroteC.madeD.folded小题11:A.cryB.prayC.digD.play小题12:A.backB.bottomC.topD.edge小题13:A.dropB.raiseC.fallD.lift小题14:A.keepB.thankC.forgiveD.honor小题15:A.rememberedB.punishedC.removedD.replaced小题16:A.silenceB.heartC.peaceD.memory小题17:A.downB.upC.offD.around小题18:A.birthB.passingC.lossD.starting小题19:A.awokeB.remindedC.forgotD.apologized小题20:A.simplyB.hardlyC.seriouslyD.angrily
题型:阅读理解
“It is a dreadful thing to be poor a fortnight before Christmas, ” said Clorinda, with the mournful sigh of seventeen years.Aunt Emmy smiled. Aunt Emmy was sixty, and spent the hours she didn’t spend in a bed, on a sofa but Aunt Emmy was never heard to sigh.“The gifts which money can purchase are not the only ones we can give,” said Aunt Emmy gently, “nor the best, either.”“Oh,&I know it's nicer to give something of your own work,” agreed Clorinda, “but materials for fancy work cost too. That kind of gift is just as much out of the question for me as any other.”“That&was not what I meant,” said Aunt Emmy.“What&did you mean, then?” asked Clorinda, looking puzzled.Aunt&Emmy smiled.“Suppose&you think out my meaning for yourself,” she said. “That would be better than if I explained it. Besides, I don't think I&could&explain it. Take the beautiful line of a beautiful poem to help you in your thinking out: 'The gift without the giver is bare.”“I'd&put it the other way and say, 'The giver without the gift is bare,” said Clorinda. “That is my predicament(窘境)exactly. Well, I hope by next Christmas I'll not be quite bankrupt. I'm going into Mr. Callender's store down at Murraybridge in February. He has offered me the place, you know.”“Won't&your aunt miss you terribly?” said Aunt Emmy gravely. “I&think she would rather have your companionship than a part of your salary, Clorinda,” said Aunt Emmy. “But of course you must decide for yourself, dear.” “Well,&I must say bye-bye and run home.” Clorinda&lived just across the road from Aunt Emmy in a tiny white house behind some huge willows. But Aunt Mary lived there too--the only relative Clorinda had, for Aunt Emmy wasn't really her aunt at all. Clorinda had always lived with Aunt Mary ever since she could remember.Clorinda&puzzled over Aunt Emmy's meaning for days. Then all at once it came to her. On&Christmas Day, Clorinda went over to Aunt Emmy's.Aunt Emmy was lying on the sofa before the fire, and Clorinda sat down beside her.“I've&come to tell you all about it,” she said. “Aunt&Emmy, I thought for days over your meaning ... And then one evening it just came to me. At first I didn't think I&could&give some of them, and then I thought how selfish I was. I would have been willing to pay any amount of money for gifts if I had had it, but I wasn't willing to pay what I had. I got over that, though, Aunt Emmy. Now I'm going to tell you what I did give.”“First,&there was old Aunt Kitty. You know she was my nurse when I was a baby. She is always glad when I go to see her, but I've never gone except when I couldn't help it. She is very deaf, and rather dull and stupid, you know. Well, I gave her a whole day. I took my knitting yesterday, and sat with her the whole time and just talked and talked. She was
she told me when I came away that she hadn't had such a nice time for years. ”“Then&there was ... Florence. You know, Aunt Emmy, we were always intimate friends until last year. Then Florence once told Rose Watson something I had told her in confidence. I found it out and I was so hurt. I couldn't forgive Florence, and I told her plainly I could never be a real friend to her again. Florence felt badly, because she really did love me, and she asked me to forgive her, but it seemed as if I couldn't. Well, Aunt Emmy, that was my Christmas gift to her ... my forgiveness.”“I&gave Aunt Mary her gift this morning. I told her I wasn't going to Murraybridge, that I just meant to stay home with her. She was so glad--and I'm glad, too, now that I've decided so.”“Your&gifts have been real gifts, Clorinda,” said Aunt Emmy. “Something of you--the best of you--went into each of them.”“I&didn't forget you, Aunt Emmy,” she said, as she unpinned the paper.There&was a rosebush. Aunt&Emmy loved flowers. She put her finger under one of the roses and kissed it.“It's&as sweet as yourself, dear child,” she said tenderly. “And it will be a joy to me all through the lonely winter days. You've found out the best meaning of Christmas giving, haven't you, dear?”“Yes,&thanks to you, Aunt Emmy,” said Clorinda softly.小题1:Clorinda felt anxious before Christmas because___________.A.She had to leave Aunt Mary B.She didn’t know what kind of Christmas gifts she should buy C.She had not enough money to buy Christmas giftsD.She had no time to make a proper decision小题2: Which of the following sentences can best explain the line “The gift without the giver is bare.”?A.A gift is valued by the mind of the giver.B.Forgiveness is a gift for the giver and the receiver.C.You cannot buy love or respect with expensive gifts.D.Think twice before you give gifts to somebody小题3:What is the gift that Clorinda gave to old Aunt Kitty?A.PassionB.SympathyC.KindnessD.Company小题4:What does the underlined phrase “in confidence” mean?A.respectfullyB.confidentlyC.secretlyD.willingly小题5: Which two words can best describe Aunt Emmy?A.cute and joyfulB.kind-hearted and emotionalC.optimistic and wiseD.gentle and timid (羞怯的)小题6:Which of the following is the best title?A.A Special ChristmasB.Clorinda’s GiftsC.Aunt EmmyD.Clorinda’s Choice
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号}

我要回帖

更多关于 when i was young 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信