文档星级:
全文阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
 3000 积分
下载此文档
该用户还上传了这些文档
福建高考英语模块四总复习
关注微信公众号当前位置: >>
高一英语必修4 unit2
Language Points 1. If_so,what did you do to grow them? If not,what kind of plant would you like to try growing? 如果种过,你是如何种的? 如果没种过, 你想尝试种什么植物? 品味经典 ①You may have some difficulties at first. If so,please ring us. 开始你可能有些困难,如果是这样,请给我们打电话。 ②Is everybody feeling cold?If not,let us open the windows. 大家感到冷吗? 如果不冷,我们把窗 户打开吧。 自我探究 if so“如果这样”,so用在if之后,代替 表示肯定意义的句子,构成缩略条件 句也就是条件状语从句的省略。if not 为其否定缩略形式,意为“如果不是这 样”,not代替表示否定意义的句子。 归纳拓展 (1)if any如果有的话 if ever如果曾经有的话 if possible如果可能的话 if necessary如果必要的话 (2)if,when,while,unless, though,once等引导的状语从句的主语 和主句的主语一致,且从句中含有be 动词时,为了使句子结构简洁,可省 略从句中的主语和be动词。 ③I’m afraid there is very little food left, if any. 我想即使还有,剩下的食物也不多了。 ④She rarely,if ever,goes to bed before midnight. 她几乎没有在午夜前睡过觉。 ⑤Call me tonight if possible. 如果可能的话,今晚给我打个电话。巧学助记巧记省略句省略句,真容易,符合两条就可以,从句谓语含有be,两句主语一样的,从句若有it be,照样省去不迟疑。 牛刀小试 完成句子 (1)明天得早起。如果不早起,你就赶 不上首班车。 Get up early If not tomorrow.________________,you willmiss the first bus. (2)那时他可能不在家。如果不在家的 话,给他留个便条。 He may not be at home then.______________,leave him a If sonote.(3)如果可能的话就明天来吧。 if possible Come tomorrow________________. (4)如果这样的话,你必须回去把它拿 来。If so ________________,you must go backand get it. (5)如有必要,我就买一台电视机。 if necessary I’ll buy a TV set________________. 2. More than 800 million people go to bed hungry everyday.每天,有超过8亿人饿着肚子睡觉。hungry在句中为形容词作伴随状语,描述people的状 态。 ①The old goat fell down to the ground dead. 那只老山羊倒在地上死了。 ②She was lying in bed awake all the night. 她躺在床上彻夜未眠。 归纳拓展 形容词(短语)作状语的语法功能:(1)作伴随状语,置于句首或句末均可。(2)作原因状语,通常位于句首。(3)作让步状语,由or连接两个并列形容词短语构成。可位于句首或句中。(4)作时间状语。 ③The thief hid himself in the corner, afraid of being caught. 小偷躲在角落里,担心被人抓住。 ④Cold and hungry,he stopped working and went home. 他又冷又饿,放下工作就回家了。 ⑤Every nation,big or small,should be equal.每个国家无论大小,都应一律平等。⑥Ripe,these grapes are sweet.=When these grapes are ripe,they aresweet. 这些葡萄熟了的时候是很甜的。 (2)远途旅行后他们三人回到了家里, 又累又饿。 After the long journey,the three of them went back home, hungry and tired ________________. 1.What do you think would happen if tomorrow there was suddenly no rice to eat? [点拨] 本句中使用了插入语do you think。 插入语经常插到一个语法结构完整的句子 里去,对句子的内容作一些附加说明,有 时表示说话者的态度和看法等,它不和句 子的成分发生结构上的关联,常置于句首、 句中或句末。把插入语去掉之后,句子的 结构和语义还是完整的。 [拓展] ①常用于插入语的动词有suppose, know, hope, believe, guess, find, say等。如:You came by air, I suppose.②用作插入语的主要有:副词、形容词、介词短语、不定式、动词-ing形式短语和分句。如:?Two middle-aged passengers fell into the sea.Unfortunately, neither of them could swim.?If she ran towards it, it might attack her. Worsestill, it could even carry off the baby in its mouth. ?Your performance in the driving test didn’treach the required standard ― in other words, you failed. ?To be frank with you, I have no money on me. ?Judging from what he said to me today, his mind’s made up. ?It is so nice to hear from her. Believe it or not, we last met more than thirty years ago. What he did, to my surprise, has nothing [仿写] _____________________________________ _________________________ (令我惊讶的是, 他 to do with what he said. 说的话和所做的事没有任何关系。) [真题再现] 从A、B、C、D四个选项中选出最 佳选项。 ① ―What fruit is in season now? ―Pears and apples, ____. (2008 全国卷I) B A. I know B. I think C. I see D. I feel ② ―Have you got any particular plans for the coming holiday? ―Yes, ____, I’m going to visit some homes D for the old in the city. (安徽 2008) A. If ever B. If busy C. If anything D. If possible 2. Although he is one of China’s most famous scientists, Yuan Longping considers himself a farmer, for he works the land to do his research. [分析] ①这是一个含让步状语从句的主从复合句。其 结构为: 让步状语从句(Although he is one of China’s most famous scientists)+主句(Yuan Longping considers himself a farmer)。 ②主句中包含“consider + 宾语 + n.”结构。 ③ for引导的从句并不表示原因, 而只是为 主句中所说的话提供推断的理由, 加以解 释, 此时for前要加逗号。 e.g. The shop was quite new, for it had opened only the week before. ④ work vi./ vt. 经营, 管理 work the land=grow crops on it 耕耘土地 e.g. He works a big farm. 他经营着一个大的农场。 3.Indeed,his sunburnt face and arms and his slim, strong body are just like those of millions of Chinese farmers,for whom he has struggled for the past five decades.的确,他那被太阳晒黑的脸庞和手臂以及他那瘦削而 结实的身躯,就跟其他千百万中国农民一样,过去50年来,他一直在努力帮助他们。品味经典①She struggled to keep back the tears.她努力忍住泪水。 ②They struggled for freedom. 他们为自由而战。自我探究struggle vi.& vt.努力;斗争;拼搏。struggle to do sth.努力做某事struggle with/against...与……作斗争struggle for...为……而斗争;为……努力争取struggle with sb.与某人并肩作战struggle to one’s feet挣扎着站起来 易混辨析 struggle,fight 表示“斗争”时,包含着“ struggle 奋力挣扎”的因素。fight表示“斗争”时,包含着体 力与勇猛的因素。 ③I struggled for a living. 我为生活而挣扎。 ④Firemen had been fighting the forest fire for three days. 消防队员与森林大火搏斗了三天了。 用适当的介词填空 (1)Despite his terrible injuries,he wouldn’t give up for the struggle ________ life. against (2)We all struggle________the pollution of the environment. (3)The lion made a sudden angry noise and to struggled________its feet. 4. In 1973, he became the first agricultural pioneer in the world to grow rice that has a high output. the first ... to do sth. 意为“第一个 做……”。本句中动词不定式(to grow rice) 作定语, 修饰 the first agricultural pioneer。the first, the last, the second, the only等短语后面多用动 词不定式作后置定语。 [仿写] The first traveler to reach New __________________________ Zealand in the year 950 was a __________________________man whose name was Kupe. ___________________________ (公元950年第一个到达新西兰 的旅行者是一个叫库佩的人。) 4.This special strain of rice makes_it_possible_to produce onethird more of the crop in the same fields. 这种特殊的稻种使得同样的田地多收获三分之一的产 量。①The fine weather makes it possible for us to go for anouting next week.好天气使我们的下周出游成为可能。②He found it not easy to learn a foreign language well.他发现学好一门外语是不容易的。 ③We think it no good reading in bed.我们认为躺在床上读书没有好处。④They find it difficult that they should finish the work ontime. 他们发现按时完成工作很困难。 ⑤I like it when she sings a song for me. 我喜欢她为我唱歌。 ⑥It is easier to lose friends than to make friends. 失去朋友比交朋友容易。 )她是外国人的事实让她很难在那个国家找到一份工作。The fact that she was foreign ________________________get a job in that country. made it difficult for her to 为什么这个人没有尽快报告这起事故还不清楚。 _____________________the man hadn’t reported the It was never clear why accident sooner. 4. Born in a poor farmer’s family in 1931, Dr. Yuan graduate from Southwest Agriculture College in 1953. 袁博士1931年出身于一个贫苦农民的家庭, 1953年毕业于西南农学院。graduate n. 毕业生 undergraduate 本科毕业生 post-graduate 硕士毕业生, 研究生 graduate vi. 常跟介词from, 表示“毕业于”graduation n. 毕业e.g. After his graduation from college, he went to work as an engineer in a company. =After he graduated from college, he went to work as an engineer in a company. bachelor’s degree master’s degree doctor’s degree 学士学位 硕士学位 博士学位 5.since then:从那时起(到现在)常用现在完成时态。We have been good friends since then .自从那时起,他们就一起工作。 They have worked together since then . 自从大学毕业以来,我一直就在一所中学教书。 I have taught in a middle school since I graduated from the university . 5.Dr Yuan searched for a way to increase rice harvests without expanding the area of the fields. 袁博士要在不增加土地面积的基础上寻求达到增收稻谷 的途径。 expand vt.& vi.使变大;伸展1. He is thinking of expanding his business.他正考虑扩展他的生意。2. The eagle expanded its wings. 雄鹰展翅。3. Metals expand when they are heated. 金属受热则膨胀。 易混辨析 expand,extend“扩大;使膨胀”,指范围、程 expand 度、体积和尺寸的扩大。“扩充;伸长”,指空间范围的 extend 扩大,长度、宽度的延伸及 时间的延长。 用expand,extend的适当形式填空extends (2)My garden____________as far as the river.expand (3)Metals____________by heat.be extended (4)The railway will ____________ next year. expands (5)A balloon ____________ as it is filled with air. 6. Dr. Yuan searched for a way to increase rice harvests without expanding the area of fields. 袁博士寻求一种在不扩大种植面积的情况下 提高水稻产量的方法。 search sb. 搜身; search some place. 搜查某地 search for 强调寻找, 一般表示范围较大。 search for 寻找 in search of 寻找 The police searched the woods for the lost child. Scientists are still searching for a cure to the common cold. 注意:search sb.指“搜查某人”, 指对某人进行搜身。 search for sb.指“搜寻某人”, 指为了 要找到某人进行搜寻, 相当于look for。 例如: The policeman searched the thief to see what he had in his pockets. 警察搜查小偷, 看他口袋里有什么东西。 The villagers are searching for the missing child. 村民们正在搜寻那个失踪的孩子。 6.Dr Yuan is now circulating his knowledge in India, Vietnam and many other less developed countries to increase their rice harvests.目前,袁博士在印度、越南和其他一些欠发达国家传播知识以提高水稻的产量。 circulate vt.& vi.传播;循环;流传 circulation n.[C,U]循环;流通 Blood circulates through the body. 血液在全身循环。 The coins were taken out of circulation. 这种硬币已停止流通。 体育锻炼可以加速血液循环。 the circulation of Physical exercise increases ________________ the blood. 7. Thanks_to his research,the UN has more tools in the battle to rid the world of hunger. 由于他的研究,联合国在消除世界饥饿的战斗中又多 了些方法。 1)thanks to 幸亏,多亏,由于 Thanks to his help,we finished our work on time. 幸亏有他的帮助,我们按时完成了工作。 She recovered,thanks to the doctor. 易混辨析due to,owing to,because of,thanks to 用于较庄重的书面语中,侧重 due to “起因于”,在句中多作表语, 有时作状语。 可以和due to换用,但在句中 owing to 多作状语,也可作表语。 着重某种行为的理由,在句中 because of 通常作状语。 突出一种感激之情,含“多亏” thanks to 意味。 (1)由于你的帮助,我们成功了。Thanks to ________________your help,we were successful. (2)由于天下大雨,上星期天我们没去野餐。 We didn’t have a picnic last Sunday because of ________________ the heavy rain. 2) rid vt. 摆脱;除去get/be rid of 摆脱;除去 rid...of摆脱;除去 品味经典 ①They are trying to rid the house of mice. 他们试图清除房子中的老鼠. ②He was finally able to rid himself of all worries. 他终于能使自己摆脱所有的忧虑了。 类似的结构还有: remind sb.of sth.提醒某人某事 inform sb.of sth.通知某人某事 rob sb.of sth.抢劫?? accuse sb.of...指控??cure sb.of...治愈??矫正某人的不良行为,改掉某人的恶习 牛刀小试 完成句子 (4)我们必须摆脱他。 get rid of We’ll have to __________ him. (5)我感冒没好。 rid myself of I can’t _____________ a cold. 8 .Using his hybrid rice,farmers are producing harvests twice_as_large_as before. 用他的杂交水稻种子,农民们种出的粮食比以前多 了一倍。 twice as large as...……的两倍大 ①There were twice as many people as we had expected. 那里的人数是我们预料的两倍。 ②You are just half as confident as I think you are. 你只有我想象的一半自信。 ③This river is three times as long as that one.倍数+ as + adj./adv.原级 +as... =This river is two times longer than that one.倍数+比较级+than... =This river is three times the length of that one.倍数+ the+名词(size,length,width, height,weight...) +of... 这条河是那条河的三倍长。 完成句子(1)Peter’s jacket looked just the same as Jack’s,but itcost________________(但花费是他的两倍)his. twice as much as(2)正在为下一个亚运会建的体育场将是目前这个体育场的三倍。The new stadium being built for the next Asian Gamesthree times as big as will be____________________the present one. 9.Dr Yuan is quite satisfied _with his life. 袁博士对自己的生活相当满足。 品味经典 ①I was not satisfied with the result. 我对那个结果感到不满意。 归纳拓展 (1) be satisfied with...对……感到满意 be satisfied to do 对做??感到满意 (2)satisfy vt.满足;使满意satisfy one‘s need 满足某人需求satisfying=satisfactory adj.令人满意的(3)satisfaction n.满足,满意(much) to one’s satisfaction= to the satisfaction of sb.使 某人满意的是 with satisfaction满足地,满意地 1. There was a satisfied look on his face. 他脸上露出了满意的微笑。 2. He was satisfied to win the race. 他对赢得赛跑感到满意。3. Your answer is satisfying. I feel satisfied.你的答案是令人满意的。我感到很满意。4. My parents try to satisfy my needs.我父母尽量满足我的需求。 完成句子 (1)It is by no means easy__________________(满足每 to satisfy everyone 个人). (2)________________(使我们满意的是),they To our satisfaction finished the work ahead of time. satisfied with (3)I found him________________(对……感到满意)his life. 10.He would much rather keep time for his hobbies. 他宁愿把时间花在自己的业余爱好上。品味经典 ①I’d rather play football this afternoon, if you don’t mind. 归纳拓展would rather do sth.宁愿做某事would rather do...than do...宁愿做……而不愿做……;与其……would do...rather than do...宁愿做……而不愿做……would rather that sb.did/had done...宁愿某人做/做过…… 1. I would rather watch TV at home than go to the cinema. 我宁可在家看电视而不愿去看电影。 2. The children would walk there rather than take a bus. 孩子们宁愿步行去那里而不愿乘公共汽车。3. I’d rather she set out to do the work now. 我宁愿她现在就着手做这项工作。 4. I’d rather you hadn’t told him the news that day.我真希望你那天没有把那消息告诉他。 【注意】 would rather是表示愿望的 动词词组,其后跟宾语从句时,从句 的谓语动词要用虚拟语气,即用一般 过去时表示现在或将来的愿望,用过 去完成时表示过去的愿望。 牛刀小试 完成句子 give up his house than (1)He would rather_____________________(放弃自己 的房子也不) sell his car. (2)―Tony is leaving by the 10 o’clock train. would rather he left ―I___________________(宁愿他离开) on an earlier train.(3)―I spent too much money on travelling.you hadn’t ―I’d rather________________(你没有). 11. Indeed, he believes that a person with too much money has more, rather than fewer troubles. 1) too much 与much too的区别 too much通常位于动词之后,修饰动词,too 做much的状语,后面也可接名词。 She does talk too much, doesn’t she? He has too much work to do. 而much too则常用在形容词或副词之前修饰 形容词或副词。 The dress is much too long for me.这衣服我穿太长了。I got into the taxi and drove much too fast.我上了出租车, 并开得飞快。2) rather than 而不是Mary, rather than her roommates, is going to Beijing. 要去北京的是玛丽, 而不是她的室友们。 11.He therefore gives millions of yuan to equip others for their research in agriculture. 因此他资助他人几百万元供他们在农业领域搞研究。 therefore adv.因此;所以;因而(不能连接句子) ①We do not have enough money,and therefore we cannot afford to buy the new car. 我们的钱不够,因而买不成这辆新车了. ②I was ill,and therefore I couldn’t come. 我当时病了,因此没能来。 ③He was the only candidate;therefore,he was elected. 他是唯一的候选人,因此,他当选了。 易混辨析 therefore,so“因此,所以”,副词,常和and 搭配连接句子。正式用语,常用 therefore 于数学、逻辑和其他精密的推论 中,特用以表示严密的推理。 “于是,因此”,作副词或连词, so 用于简洁的会话和日常的文化中, 推论不必严密。 牛刀小试 完成句子 (1)他的腿受伤了,因此,他不能参加比赛了。 He injured his leg and therefore he could not play in thegame. equip vt.& vi.装备;配备 equip sb./sth.with sth.给某人某物配备某物 equip sb.for sth.使某人具有做某事的能力 be equipped with...装备着…… be equipped for准备好,对……有准备 equipment n.[U]装备,设备 例句: We’ll equip our office with computers. 我们办公室将配备电脑。 1. Please equip yourself with a sharp pencil and a rubber for the exam. 请准备一支尖的铅笔和一块橡皮参加考试。 2. Your training will equip you for your future job. 你的训练使得你能够胜任将来的工作。 3. Our classroom is equipped with a TV set and a tape recorder. 我们的教室里配有一台电视和一台录音机。 equipped themselves with They_________________________(带上,配备) a pair of sharp axes(坐标轴) and set off for the forest. 12.Dr Yuan awoke from his dream with_the_hope_ofproducing a kind of rice that could feed more people.袁博士从梦中醒来,希望能种植一种能养活更多人的水稻。with the hope of...怀有……的希望in the hope of doing...=in hope(s) of doing... 期待着……,期望 in the hope that...希望,期待…… 1. He went to the city with the hope of making much money. 他满怀着挣大钱的希望进了城。 2. I went to London in the hope of meeting some friends. 我去伦敦希望能见到几个朋友。3. He called Jenny in the hope of getting help fromher.他去拜访詹妮,希望得到她的帮助。 完成句子(1)The student went to his teacher, in the hope of getting some advice ______________________________(希望能得到一些建 议)on how to study English.with the hope of a reward (2)He did it_______________________(希望得到报酬).With the hope of seeing you again (3)______________________________(希望再见你一面), I have made money desperately. (拼命地) 译文助读 A PIONEER FOR ALL PEOPLE Although he is one of China’s most famous scientists,Yuan Longping considers himself a farmer,for he works the land to do his research.Indeed,hissunburnt face and arms and his slim, strong body are just like those of millions of Chinese farmers,for whom he has struggled for the past five decades.Dr Yuan Longping grows what is called superhybrid rice.In 1974,he became the firstagricultural pioneer in the world to growrice that has a high output. This special strain of rice makes it possible to produce onethird more of the crop in the same fields.Now more than 60% of the rice produced in China each year is from this hybrid strain. Born in 1930,Dr Yuan graduated from Southwest Agricultural College in 1953.Since then,finding ways to grow more rice has been his life goal. As a young man,he saw the great need for increasing the rice output. At that time, hunger was a disturbing problem in many parts of the countryside.Dr Yuan searched for a way to increase rice harvests without expanding the area ofthe fields. In 1950,Chinese farmerscould produce only fifty million tons ofrice. In a recent harvest, however, nearly two hundred million tons of rice was produced. These increased harvests mean that 22% of the world’s people are fed from just 7% of the farmland in China. Dr Yuan is now circulating his knowledge in India,Vietnam and many other less developed countries to increase their rice harvests.Thanks to his research,the UN has more tools in the battle to rid the world of hunger. Using his hybrid rice,farmers are producing harvests twice as large as before. Dr Yuan is quite satisfied with hislife.However,he doesn’t care aboutbeing famous. He feels it gives him lessfreedom to do his research. He would much rather keep time for his hobbies.He enjoys listening to violin music,playing mahjong,swimming and reading.Spending money on himself or leading a comfortable life also means very little to him.Indeed, he believes that a person with too much money has more rather than fewer troubles. He therefore gives millions of yuan to equip others for their research in agriculture. Just dreaming for things,however, costs nothing.Long ago Dr Yuan had a dream about rice plants as tall as sorghum.Each ear of rice was as big as an ear of corn and each grain of rice was ashuge as a peanut.Dr Yuan awoke from hisdream with the hope of producing a kindof rice that could feed more people. Now,many years later,Dr Yuan has another dream:to export his rice so that it can be grown around the globe. One dream is not always enough, especially for a person who loves and cares for his people. 造福全人类的先驱者 尽管袁隆平是中国最有名的科学家之 一,但他仍然认为自己是个农民,因 为他在田间耕作,进行科学研究。的确,他晒黑的面庞和手臂,以及清瘦而又结实的身躯,就跟数百万中国农民一模一样, 他过去50年来的努力工作就是为了帮助 他们。袁博士种植的是被称为“超级杂交 水稻”的稻种。1974年,他成为世界上第 一位种植高产水稻的农业先锋。这种特殊的稻种使得同样的田地多收获三分之一的产量。如今中国每年出产的稻米有60%以上出自这种杂交稻种。 袁博士于1930年出生,1953年毕业于 西南农学院。从那时起,找到水稻高 产的方法便成为了他毕生的目标。年 轻时,他就看到了水稻增产的巨大需 求。那时,饥饿是许多农村地区面临 的困扰。 袁博士开始在不增加土地面积的基础 上寻求达到增收的途径。1950年,中 国的农民只能生产大约五千万吨稻米, 而近来却生产了将近两亿吨。这一粮 食产量的增加意味着中国用仅仅7%的 耕地养活了世界上22%的人口。 目前袁博士还在印度、越南和其他一 些欠发达国家传播提高水稻产量的知 识。由于他的研究,联合国在消除世 界饥饿的战斗中有了更多的方法。用 他的杂交水稻种子,农民们种出的粮 食比以前多了一倍。 袁博士很满意自己的生活。但他对成 名并不关心。他觉得成名后搞研究就 没那么自由了。他宁愿把时间花在自 己的爱好上。他喜欢听小提琴演奏曲,玩麻将,游泳和看书。在自己身上花钱或享受舒适的生活对他而言意义不大。 事实上,他认为一个人有了太多的钱,就 会有更多而不是更少的烦恼。因此,他资 助几百万元供其他人进行农业研究。 做梦是不花本钱的。很久以前,袁博士梦 见水稻长得像高粱一样高,稻穗像玉米穗 一样大,而每粒稻米都像花生一样饱满。 袁博士从梦中醒来,希望能种植一种 能养活更多人的水稻。如今袁博士还 有另外一个梦想,那就是出口他的水 稻,让它长遍全球。一个梦想总是不 够的,尤其是对一个热爱和关心人民 的人来说,更是如此。
更多搜索:
All rights reserved Powered by
文档资料库内容来自网络,如有侵犯请联系客服。}

我要回帖

更多关于 much money 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信