then finish the sentences怎么读 with number words.

&&&&&&&&&&&&
高二英语Life In the future课件
Period 1Module 1 Life in the FutureIntroductionReading and VocabularyIntroduction: Word StudyglassaluminiumwoodbrickrubbersteelconcretemudplasticIntroduction – Activity 2 on Page 1First say things you know about the building material in the word box in Activity 2.Then choose one of the words in the box to complete the sentences in Activity 2.Answers:AluminiumSteelrubber, woodPlastic5. Bricks6. Concrete7. Mud8. Stone9. GlassIntroduction - Activity 3 on Page 1Work in pairs. Discuss what materials your school is made of / from.Then guess what materials the building in the photo is made of / from.Reading – Pre-readingA picture drawn by a child, trying to bring out the imaginary house in the future.What is the house of the future in your mind like?PredictionTitle:
The City of the FutureWhat topics do you think will be mentioned in a passage with the title above? (open)shoppingenvironmenttrafficweatherentertainmentalternative energycrimeschoolspublic servicesWhat other topics do you think will be mentioned?Fast-readingRead the passage for the first time. Check whether your answer in Activity 1 is right.shoppingenvironmenttrafficweatherentertainmentalternative energycrimeschoolspublic servicesWord-guessingGuess the meaning of the following words in the context.clinic
disability
mallrun out
outdoorsrecreation net
netActivity 3 on Page 3Do Activity 3 on your own. Then check the answers with your partner.Answers:disabilityoutdoorssolarrecreationnetonline7. clinic8. urban9. mall10. run out11. surgeryLearning to use the wordsComplete the sentences with the words just learnt.It’s bad manners to laugh at people with ________.You should not work all the time. You need some ______ besides work.It seems that more young people are interested in ______ life rather than the life in the country.Using _____ energy is one of the ways to protect the environment.disabilitiesrecreationurbansolarCareful Reading – Activity 6 on Page 4Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions about the passage.Answers:They’ve thought how to run a city in 2025.To the sun.Criminals.Within a city’s limits.Online.Their telephone number.Recreation.They’ll be powered by electricity.Surgery.Anywhere in the world.OrganizationTry to find out the main idea of each part.What will the city of the future look like?How will the students run a city in the future?Matching – Activity 4 on Page 3Work in pairs. Try to match the words and phrases in the two boxes.Answers:arrest criminalscarry out operationload huge spaceshiprecycle materialrely on alternative energywaste natural resourceActivity 5 on Page 3Find the words or phrases in the text which mean these things.Answers:a risky businessoutpatientget rid ofsenior citizensfree of chargelandfillWords and phrases:Work in pairs. Try to find out the useful phrases in the text.for suremake prediction]risky businessrun outrecycle materialsrely onalternative energyin the year 2025get rid ofload…withwithin…limitsplace ordersat birthall forms offree of chargeat the flick of a switchcarry outattach …to…Post readingWhich prediction in the text …is the strangest?is the most useful?will come true first?will come true last?How will you run the city in the future if you have the chance to do so?HWTry to retell the passage with the help of the key phrases noted down by you.Period 2Module 1 Life in the FutureListening and SpeakingPronunciationEveryday EnglishSpeakingQ: If you try to describe your home to your partner, what things will you talk about?Now try to describe your home, talking about the
following things:size and number of roomsfurnituretechnologyPre-listeningWhat can you guess about the listening passage from the sentences in Activity 2 on Page?First Listening – Activity 2 on Page 5Listen to an architect talking about the home of the future and then complete the sentences in Activity 2 on Page 5.Answers:ABCBAACcActivity 4 on Page 6Try to recall what the architect says about the following:What could happen to the dining room and the living room?How will people switch on the lights?What will the toilet be able to do?What will the dishwasher be able to do?They will disappear.The computer will do it.It will move higher or lower depending on who uses it.It will wash the dishes without water.Second ListeningFill in the missing parts according to what you hear.I: Good afternoon everybody and ____the programme this afternoon is an expert on American ___________________, Mr Simon Oppenheim who’s going to talk to us about the house in the future. So where _______________in twenty years’ time?G: Twenty years _____ a long time. We ________ underground or in space. We _____________in houses and flats as we do today.I: What will the houses look like?ondomestic architectureshall we be livingisn’twon’t be livingwill be livingG: I think they’ll look __________________they do today, at least from the outside. But hey will be different inside.I: ______________?G: ____________, they’ll be more flexible. That means we ________________ move the walls to create bigger or smaller rooms when we want to. So the dining room and living room as we know them would disappear.I: And the kitchen?G: The kitchen _____________the most important room in the house! We_________________, and we’ll probably be using the kitchen more as a family room. And bathrooms will be bigger.much the same asIn what wayFor a startwill be able towill becomewill still be cookingI: So we ___________________more time in the bath.G: Just as other people have done in the past, like in the days of the ancient Romans, when the bath had an important social function…I: What about furniture?G: Well, a lot of furniture will be the same- we ____________________ in chairs and using cupboards to keep things in, but the technology will be different. I think a single computer will ______ most of the functions in the house, and it will have a voice recognition system.will be spendingwill
still be sittingcontrolI: So we’ll just have to say Switch on the Light and the light comes on?G: Yes, that’s right. And the technology will be smarter.I: Smarter?G: Yes. For example, if we ____________something, like there’s _________milk left in the fridge, the computer will tell us. Maybe a shopping list would appear on a screen on the fridge. And the toilet will move higher or lower, _____________who uses it – a child or an adult.run out ofno moredepending onI: Will the houses of the future be ______________________?G: Yes, ____________. We’ll be using machines which use less energy. An example could be a dishwasher which doesn’t need water. I think everyone ___________________to take care of the environment.I: Does that mean you’re ________________the future?G: Oh yes, very definitely.environment friendlydefinitelywill be trying hardoptimistic aboutTaskWork in groups. Imagine your house of the future. One draws the picture of the future house while others trying to describe it.Then present it to all.Pronunciation – Activity 1 on Page 7Underline the stressed words in the passage.Twenty years isn’t a long time. We won’t be living underground or in space. We’ll be living in houses and flats just as we do today.Then listen and check your answer.Pronunciation – Activity 2 on Page 7Try to predict what the passage says according to the stressed words below.kitchen - most important – houseWe – still – cooking, probably – using –kitchen more – family – room.bathrooms - biggerPronunciation - ListenNow listen and check whether your prediction is right or not. Then read the passage, paying attention to the stressed parts.The kitchen will become the most important room in the house! We’ll still be cooking, and we’ll probably be using the kitchen more as a family room. And bathrooms will be bigger.Everyday EnglishAnswers:babbaHWTry to use the information in Activity 2 in Listening and Speaking on Page 5 to tell what the home of the future will be like.Period 3Module 1 Life in the FutureFunctionGrammarFunctionStudy:What will the
city of the future look like? No one knows for sure, and making predictions is a risky business. But one thing is certain – they are going to get bigger before they get smaller.Q: Which sentence talks about1. a certain future?2. a prediction?The second one.The first one.Function -Q:
在英语中,用来表达将要发生的动作或事情有些什么表达方式?Study:They will come back next week.The project will be completed in a month.Conclusion:“Will+动词原形”表示在将来某个时间要发生的动作或存在的状态,常与表示将来的时间状语连用。有时也可用来表示揣测。如:The predictions will come true if technology continues to develop.Study:Look! It’s going to rain.They are going to stay for two days.What are you going to do when you leave school?Conclusion:“be going to +动词原形”表示打算在最近或将来要做的事;或表示根据已有的迹象推测很可能要发生的事情。Study:When does the summer vacation begin?My train leaves at ten o’clock.The department store opens at nine tomorrow morning.Conclusion:一般现在时可以表示按计划或时刻要发生的事;只限于某些瞬间动词,如arrive, begin, come, finish, get, go, leave, meet, return, sail, spend, start等。Function – Activity 2 on Page 4Match the sentences with the meanings.Answers:342165Function - Activity 3 on Page 5Work in pairs and try to underline the most appropriate form of the verb.Answers:will be likeare you going to dodoes the plane arriveare going to haveis comingwill ringis going to studywill goGrammarRecall the sentences from the listening.Where ____ we __________ (live) in 20 years’ time?We ________________________(not, live) underground or in space.We __________________ in houses and flats just as we do today.will
be livingwon’t be livingwill be livingDo Activity 1 on Page 6.Answers:1. T
5. TGrammarQ: 将来进行时的构成、用法?Study:At nine o’clock tonight I will be doing my homework.In the year 3000 a lot of people will be living on space stations.Conclusion:将来进行时由“shall/will+be+现在分词”构成;表示将来某个时刻或某段时间内发生的动作,常与特定的将来时间状语连用。Q: 将来进行时还可以表示什么?Study:You needn’t cook supper, Mum. I shall be cooking dinner tonight.Tom will be telling you about it this afternoon.表示已经决定或安排要发生的动作或事情表示预料中要发生的动作Q: 一般将来时与将来进行时的区别?Study:When will you finish the letters?When will you be seeing Mr White?Conclusion:将来进行时表示对将来事实的简单陈述;一般将来时除表示时间概念外,还常带有感情色彩。Grammar- Activity 2 on Page 6Answers:will, be usingwill be spendingwill be tryingGrammar- Activity 3 on Page 7Answers:will be doingwill be getting dressedwon’t be workingwill be livingWill, be stayingwill be lyingGrammar – Activity 4 on Page 7Tell your partner what you will be doing…at six o’clock this eveningat half past eleven this eveningthis time tomorrowthis time next yearPracticeComplete the sentences with an appropriate tense.I ____________(have) my lesson in our classroom at 9 tomorrow morning.-Would you like to go to our school to study next year?-I _______________(study) in Australia next year.3.
- I thought I had asked you to post the letter.- Oh, I’m sorry. I _____________ (do) it right now.will be havingam going to studywill doHWFinish off the exercises about Grammar in Workbook.Period 4Module 1 Life in the FutureCultural CornerWritingCultural CornerRead the passage. Then answer the question below.Q: What’s the passage mainly about?It’s about a few of the bad predictions people made in the twentieth century about the twenty-first century.Cultural CornerJigsaw
Discussion:Discuss what each prediction really means with your group members. Then report it to all.Group 1: Airplanes, computersGroup 2: Clothes, men on the moonGroup 3: The Beatles, Robots in the house, keysCultural CornerDecide which prediction is the most amusing. State your reasons.Work in groups. Write 5-7 sentences about life in China in the future. ( ANY thing is possible)Cultural CornerFind out the useful phrases with your partner.not allcome truefrom nowbe able tothrow awayin progressmove aboutby the mid-1980s’Writing – Pre-writingsFill in the names of the students who tries to predict for the future, after reading the four passages in Activity 1._________ wants to work in a job that will help sick people._________ would like to live in a different country._________ hopes to have a family._________ doesn’t have any future plans.KenEmmaMaryThomasWriting – Acitivity 1- 2Find words or phrases that mean:I don’t know exactlyit’s certainI hope this will happenit’s possibleafter a long timeI’m not really suredefinitelyhopefullymaybe/probablyeventuallyWriting – Acitivity 1- 3What different ways of talking about the future can you find?I will be doingI will definitely studyI’m going to goI guess that I willWritingWork in four.
Write about what you will be doing in ten years in 100 words.Maybe you would like to use:the future continuous tenseI will be doing / I won’t be doingthe introductory verbs:I hope/ I guess / I imagine / I’d like toc. the introductory words:hopefully/ eventually / maybe / definitelyWritingPeer-checkingThen share your writing with the whole class.Try to improve the writing with your partners.HWImprove the writing.Finish off the exercises in Writing in Workbook.Language Date BankLanguage points for Readingcare将来,爱护环境将会很重要,因为地球的资源将濒临枯竭。In the future, ____________ the environment will become very important as earth’s natural resources __________.care forrun outcare: 名词;表示“爱护,关爱,关心”。如:Take care of your brother while I am away.No one knows for sure, and making predictions is a risky business.for sure 肯定地,确切地,,毫无疑问地eg: I don’t know it for sure.I couldn’t say for sure when he will comes.make predictions = predicteg: He made a prediction that the earth was round.We’ll use lots of recycled materials, such as plastic, aluminium…such as:像……一样的;诸如……之类的eg: 他有许多诸如词典、手册之类的参考书。He has many reference books, such as dictionaries and handbooks.study:such fruits as bananas and applesfruits, such as bananas and applesfruits like bananas and applesWe’ll also have to rely more on alternative energy, such as solar and wind power.rely on / upon 依赖;信赖,信任eg:We should rely on our own efforts.You may rely on my early arrival.To get rid of garbage problems, the city will load huge spaceships with waste materials…(1)get rid of 摆脱,去掉,除去eg:He can’t get rid of the cold.You should get rid of your bad habit.(2) rid sb of 使摆脱,使去掉eg:He has rid himself of smoking.No smoking will be allowed within a future city’s limits.(1) within在….范围之内,不超过eg: Do what is within your power!She lives within ten minutes’ walk.You’d better keep your book within your reach.(2) allow sb to do
allow doingAll forms of recreation, such as cinemas, bowling and others, will be provided free of charge by the city.(1) provide 提供,供给provide sb. with sth. / provide sth. for sb.eg: The firm has provided me with a car.(2) free of charge 免费In the future we will go to concerts free of charge.Distance surgery will become common as doctors carry out operations from thousands of miles away, with each city having its own telesurgery outpatient clinic.1. carry out 实施,落实,进行eg: He carried out his promise to give up smoking.Tests have been carried out on the patient.2. with的复合结构:He felt safe with his mum standing behind him.He went to the library with his homework finished.With a lot of homework to do, he isn’t free.He is used to sleeping with the windows open.He likes reading with his MP3 on.He went out with a stick in his hand.with + n. + -edwith + n. + doingwith + n. + to dowith + n. + adj.with + n. + adv.with + n. + prep. 上传我的文档
 下载
 收藏
该文档贡献者很忙,什么也没留下。
 下载此文档
正在努力加载中...
Blend the sounds. Read the words. Then write the …
下载积分:3000
内容提示:Blend the sounds. Read the words. Then write the …
文档格式:PDF|
浏览次数:0|
上传日期: 09:36:07|
文档星级:
该用户还上传了这些文档
Blend the sounds. Read the words. Then write the
官方公共微信Brian wrote a letter to Danny and told him he didn’t want the ten dollars any more. Finish the t——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
Brian wrote a letter to Danny and told him he didn’t want the ten dollars any more. Finish the task in class in oral. Step5. Find out the sentences with the news and practice them in class. After I missed the game, my friend was very angry. What a pity. She said that the decision was mine. It wouldn’t be fair for me to go to the game. Jenny said we should have a conversation. I regret what I did. Let the students make up sentences with the words and expressions that we learn in this lesson. Show some flashcards to help them. S1. Don’t be angry with me. S2: It is necessary for us to have a conversation with my mother. S3: His sister regrets doing that. Step6. Group work Divide the class into groups of three or four. Write experience that you have had. Then share it with your members. Tell who is right in the story. What should we do to solve the problem correctly? Step7. Come to “LET’S DO IT’. Finish the task in groups. Write a diary entry, an e-mail or a letter about the topic below. Have you or anyone in your family experienced war before? What is war like? If they have no experience, they can describe a war that they have heard before. After they write their experience down, share them in the group. Then choose a special to give a report in front of the class. Step8. Homework 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中,选出最佳选项。
  My name is Toby.I'm eighty-three years old now.I once knew the greatest man in England.William Shakespeare was his name.I first met William near a big field of apple trees in the town named Stratford in October, 1579.He told me he was 15 years old.He was two years older than me.He had a sister, Joan, and two younger brothers, Gilbert and Richard.And the next year he had another brother, Edmund.After William's parents died, he and his sister lived with his mother's brother.I became his friend from that day until he died.We met nearly every day.We were friends for thirty years.
  I once worked with him in the theatre, through the good times and the bad times.William was good at acting.He could make all kinds of people pleased.By 1592, he became very famous.He was always busy day and night.I don't know when he slept.He not only acted in plays, but also wrote his own plays.In his whole life, William wrote 37 plays in all.He was the best playwright in England.
  He wrote a play about love in 1595.It was Romeo and Juliet.He once used my name, Toby, in his play-Twelfth Night.In this play, Sir Toby Belch was a big fat man, who liked drinking too much and having a good time.Queen Elizabeth the First watched this play on the 6th of January, 1601.She liked it.
  William Shakespeare is dead now, of course.He has been dead for more than thirty years.There's no singing, no dancing, no plays.It isn't like that in my young days.But I can still think-and remember when William and I were young, we had a good time in London, William and I…
Toby and William first met in ________ .
Who was William's youngest brother?
In the second paragraph, the underlined word “playwright” means “a person who ________”.
writes plays
performs in plays
watches plays
works in a theatre
Romeo and Juliet is a play about ________.
friendship
  James wrote a play for television about a family who came to England from India, and the play was very interesting. It was bought by an American TV company.
  James was then invited to go to New York to help them. He lived in Washington, which is an hour away from New York by air. The plane was going to take off at 8: 30 in the morning. So he had to be at the airport at bout 7:30. He ordered a taxi for 6:30 and went to sleep. He forgot to wind the clock, and it stopped after midnight. Also the driver of the taxi had to work very late that night and he got up very late the next morning.
  James woke with the feeling that something was wrong. He looked at his clock. It stood there silently with the hands pointing to ten past twelve. He turned on the radio and knew it was ten. He was late for the plane.
  He was just preparing his coffee when the radio sent out another news, “Reports are coming inof a plane crash(飞机坠落)near Washington airport. A Boeing 707 fly to New York crashed shortly after taking off this morning. Plane number 2234…”James suddenly turned pale(苍白)
  “My plane,”he said aloud.”If I haven't been late, I'd have been on the plane !”
根据短文内容,判断各句是否符合短文意思,符合的画”T”,否则画”F”。
(1) James was a writer from England.
(2). He had to reach the airport at half past eight.
(3). James would like to take a taxi at six thirty.
(4). The driver came to pick him up on time.
(5). He couldn't wake because he was ill.
(6). When he turned on the radio he heard the speaker saying that he missed the plane.
(7). James was lucky because he was not able to get on the plane.
(8). The plane crashed while flying towards London.
(9). At last he was regretful that he didn't take the plane.
(10). Sometimes bad things can change into good ones.
  James wrote a play for television about a family who came to England from India, and the play was very interesting. It was bought by an American TV company(公司) .
  James was then invited to go to New York to help them. He lived in Washington, which is an hour away from New York by air. The plane was going to take off at 8:30 in the morning. So he had to be at the airport at about 7:30. He ordered a taxi for 6:30 and went to sleep. He forgot to wind the clock, and it stopped after midnight. Also the driver of the taxi had to work very late that night and he got up very late the next morning.
  James woke with the feeling that something was wrong. He looked at his clock. It stood there silently with the hands pointing to ten past twelve. He turned on the radio and knew it was ten. He was late for the plane.
  He was just preparing his coffee when the radio sent out another news, “Reports are coming in of a plane crash (飞机坠落) near Washington airport. A Boeing 707 fly to New York crashed shortly after taking off this morning. Plane number 2234…”James suddenly turned pale(苍白) .
  “My plane,”he said aloud. “If I haven't been late, I'd have been on the plane! ”
1.James was a writer from England.
2.He had to reach the airport at half past eight.
3.James would like to take a taxi at six thirty.
4.The driver came to pick him up on time.
5.When he turned on the radio he heard the speaker saying that he missed the plane.
6.The plane crashed while flying towards London.
7.Sometimes bad things can change into good ones.
  James wrote a play for television about a family who came to England from India, and the play was very interesting. It was bought by an American TV company(公司).
  James was then invited to go to New York to help them. He lived in Washington, which is an hour away from New York by air. The plane was going to take off at 8∶30 in the morning. So he had to be at the airport at bout 7∶30. He ordered a taxi for 6∶30 and went to sleep. He forgot to wind the clock, and it stopped after midnight. Also the driver of the taxi had to work very late that night and he got up very late the next morning.
  He was just preparing his coffee when the radio sent out another news,“Reports are coming in of a plane crash(飞机坠落)near Washington airport. A Boeing 707 fly to New York crashed shortly after taking off this morning. Plane number 2234...”James suddenly turned pale(苍白).
  “My plane,”he said aloud.“If I haven't been late, I'd have been on the plane!”
根据短文内容,判断各句是否符合短文意思,正确的写“T”,错误的写“F”.
(1) James was a writer from England.
(2) He had to reach the airport at half past eight.
(3) James would like to take a taxi at six thirty.
(4) The driver came to pick him up on time.
(5) When he turned on the radio he heard the speaker saying that plane he missed.
  Katie wrote a letter to her Chinese teacher and got a reply from him.Read their letters and answer the questions.
Dear Mr.Hu,
  My family moved here from England three months ago.I can’t speak Chinese well, and it’s difficult for people to understand me.I’m losing confidence.
  Could you please tell me what I should do?
Dear Katie,
  I’m glad that you let me know about your problem.Here are some things you can do:
  1.Your class is going to have a Story Time this month.All of you should tell stories.You should tell one, too.I’m sure you can learn a lot from doing so.
  2.Try to practise speaking with your teachers and classmates.Don’t be afraid.
  3.Talk to Nanako and Yu-kim.Nanako is from Japan,and Yu-kim is from Korea.They might be able to give you some advice.
  4.Some foreign students told me that watching Happy Times on TV can help.The language is easy.
  Please try these ideas and see if you can do better.Don’t worry too much.I have confidence in you.
Katie’s family has been here for _________.
What is Katie’s problem?
She misses her parents.
She can’t speak Chinese well.
She is taking too many classes.
She thinks the teachers are too serious.
Happy Times can help students with their _________.
Which is NOT Mr.Hu’s suggestion in his letter?
Telling stories in class.
Watching a TV program.
Writing a letter every day.
Talking to other foreign students.
From the letter we know that _________.
Mr.Hu is Katie’s English teacher
Katie’s family came from Australia
Katie's going to have a Story Time next month
Mr.Hu tries to help Katie to learn Chinese well
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号}

我要回帖

更多关于 sentences 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信