上传于||文档简介
&&口​译​记​笔​记​必​备​的​符​号
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用1下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩2页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢英语单词的缩略词的含义_百度知道  美国人生活中会利用很多缩略词,他们彼此间沟通自如,但母语不是英语的咱们却可能听不懂。当初常用的一些包括:LOL (laugh out loud), skool (school), btw (by the way), idk (I don't know), idc (I don't care)等等。接下来,咱们就来具体讲述三个缩略词。
  &TMI& (&too much information&), a slang expression indicating that someone has divulged too much personal information and made the listener uncomfortable. 谈话的人说了太多别人并不想知道的事。
  Generally, Americans don't like to talk about the specifics of personal matters like a doctor's visit, especially when the details are disgusting! 凡是像看医生这类的私事,美国人个别不会告诉别人,否则的话就是TMI。
  假如你和别人讲述和男友交往的细节,比喻你跟他怎么亲吻,也会被人看作英语缩略词TMI。
  例句:
  He began to talk about his last trip to the underwear store. I told him, &TMI!&
  下一次,如果有人跟你滔滔不绝地讲述你并不想晓得的事件,你就可能说:Please, TMI!
  2 ASAP
  ASAP means &as soon as possible&,也就是&尽快&的意思。那么为什么不说as soon as possible而说ASAP呢?
  If you are in a hurry, it's easier to just say ASAP. It also sounds more forceful. For instance, if your boss tells you, &I need you to get this done ASAP!& you know that he is in a hurry! 匆匆促的时候说ASAP,这个英语缩略词既能节省时间,听起来也比拟絮叨,比较有力。
  例句:
  Write to me (or call me) ASAP!!
  I need to go to work ASAP, so I need to hand this in before I go.
  Susan, check those figures ASAP!
CopyRight yingyuzhijia,.com
  PDQ stands for &Pretty Darn Quick.& 意思是very quickly, as quickly as possible, at once, immediately. 这个英语缩略词用于非正式场合,意思跟ASAP差不久,不过faster than ASAP。
  现在的金融危机让很多职场人更加拼命得工作,他们的午餐eat PDQ,餐后get back to work PDQ。
  英语缩略词例句:
  My boss assigned me a project this morning, and he really wants me to finish it PDQ.
  PDQ or you are late for school
线话英语:
之不带脏字来损人
:许久不见
来生动回复“how are you ”
来挽留另一半
258元外教一对一试听课
新一代年轻英语学习方式!
扫描二维码关注线话【英语】写英文邮件,哪些神句能帮到你?
【英语】写英文邮件,哪些神句能帮到你?
【英语】写英文邮件,哪些神句能帮到你?
英文邮件英语
中阿译界 ·
有些毛病很多人在写英文邮件时都会犯,比如习惯地用缩略词。如:btw, need u 2 sign tom. thx.像这样的句子,要是写给关系比较好的人还可以理解,但是在商务信函中这样的表达,则会给人感觉发件人不够认真,或根本没有太多心思想去处理这个事。
另外还有一个不算太严重,但又容易影响观感的毛病就是太多的感叹号,如:&“It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday!! Looking forward to our next encounter! Take care!”虽然说有时候感叹号是必要的,但要是太多的话确实会给人感觉特别奇怪。
没有恰当地运用被动句也会让邮件逊色不少。虽然我们平常说话的习惯是以主动为主,但是在商务信函则建议多利用被动句,这会让句子看起来更有“专业范”,而且也更贴近Native speaker的用语习惯。下面会有进一步解释~(当然,也别为了被动而被动)
还有就是邮件的标题名不宜太过草率。因为收信人可能每天都会收到很多邮件,所以当你给对方写email时最好在标题中把时间事项之类的关键信息表达清楚,而不是简单的一个"subject:meeting"。应尽可能的让标题更eye catching。
说了这么多,我们再来看些干货,毕竟光知道怎么做不对还不够,我们更要知道有经验的人是怎样做的。
作者:木木普来源:知乎
为什么邮件中要用被动句?
1.专业,客观,避免对上级、客户使用祈使句
I have submitted the request, please approve.→The request has been submitted for your approval.
主动语态虽写please approve但是它还是个祈使句,而被动句就不需要由你将动作指向他人。
2.规避责任
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.→Any inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.
上句指向了人,造成不便的是we,而下句并没有。
当然这只是商务邮件中规避责任的一种技巧而不是逃避责任,这并不能改变问题是we造成的这个事实,但要是邮件中通篇是我们这里不对,我们那里不对,那还要你们这种到处出错的partner干什么。
中文惯用的主谓宾句式中主语一般不可或缺,有时硬写成被动句也是感觉怪怪的。这是英文和中文的一点不同。英文占用了我们那么多学习中文的时间,就这不多的优点不好好利用多么亏。
常用被动句多于主动句。
I have submitted the request, please approve.→The request has been submitted for your approval.
为什么要加Opening?
老师告诉我们美国人喜开门见山。没错,但是要知道这里开门见山的两层意思。一是不要出现过长的铺垫,进行必要的起承转合后说正题。而是直接说明意思,而不要深层地imply在字里行间给人去理解,这是邮件而不是文学作品。
所以礼貌用语这东西还是要有度,过多显生疏矫情,不用显粗鄙无礼。不管哪国人,要装起逼来也是吓死人,所以不要真的第一句话就来:
I DON'T AGREE WITH U!
为什么不给老板和客户发缩略词
缩略语的语用功能在于便捷传达信息,也就是说,在非正式场合,传达信息是我的主要甚至唯一目的,缩略语分分钟写一行。
而在商务邮件中,作为下属或者vendor,传达信息只是一部分,还要体现你的professionalism。毕竟传达信息基本人人都会,信息之外的部分才是你与别人的不同之处。
下面来看一些英文邮件中常用的所谓“神句”
干货部分:基本结构、语句,常用替换词。
·Hope you are well.·Thank you for contacting XXX.·Thank you for your reply/feedback/email.
·As communicated earlier·As discussed on the phone·Please be informed that...·Please be advised that...·The report is modified as per your request...·Please share your thoughts.
不要总用very...
·Very: extremely, greatly, highly·Firstly: previously, originally, formerly·Then: subsequently, afterward, and thereafter·Lastly: eventually·Before: Prior to·Too: as well (as), in addition, besides, moreover, additionally·And: plus, as well as, along with, in addition·Because: as, since, for, due to·So: therefore, thus, consequently, accordingly, as a result, hence, that’s why·But: however, nevertheless·More and more: increasingly
·Please feel free to contact us if you need further clarification.·Please feel free to revert back to us if you have further inquiry.·Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance.·Sorry for the inconvenience caused.&·Hope that clarifies.
作者:Christine
来源:知乎
1. 请別人帮忙(发文件等等)At your convenience, would you please send me.....最后加上Thank you for your assistance.2. 寻求意見:Our team would appreciate your insights/input on.....Due to the short time frame for this proposal, prompt reply is greatly appreciated. 3. 取消会议:I want to be mindful of your time and we don’t have any u therefore I suggest that we cancel/reschedule today's meeting. If you disagree or need assistance, please let us know.My apologies for the late notice, but i need to reschedule tomorrow's call. There remain a few open items we need to address, therefore i will send out a new invite once we agree upon a time.4. 对方发邮件问问题時,回答完加上:Hope this answers your question. Let me know if further detail/explanation would be helpful.5. 会议总结:Thank you for making time on a very busy Friday afternoon to join our discussion. i hope we were able to provide clarity on......Attached is a summary of what we discussed today.6. 道歉:My sincere apology for this u I will address to my team immediately.Again,please accept my most sincere apology.7. 跟客户分享项目进展以后,建议电话详谈Once these final steps are finished, I would suggest having a brief call to discuss our findings and recommendations for next steps. &Would you please provide a few times the week of XXX that work within your schedule and I will send the calendar invite?8. 文件打了草稿,请求上司过目Attached is the drafted xx file. It is still a work in process but I would like to see if anything immediately stood out to you as odd or worthy of follow-up.9. 分享2个不错的automatic reply,去旅游或者外地开会的时候可以用:
Thank you for your e-mail. I will be out of the office on vacation from XXX - XXX with no access to e-mails. I apologize for any delay in response to your e-mail. I will respond to your e-mail as quickly as I can when I return to the office on Monday, April 18th. Thanks!
Thank you for your e-mail. I am out of the office in meetings on XXX and XXX with limited access to e-mail. If you need immediate assistance, please contact me via my mobile phone. &Thank you!
10. 指点下属Thanks for preparing the XXX. I made the following updates to the question responses. &We can discuss my thought process when I am in the office on Monday. &XXX, good job! I have reviewed the XXX documents and have the following review comments:1...2....(将做好的文件交给老板检查以后,通常会有Review Comments,就是列出需要改的部分)11. 邮件问好 (美国人好喜欢用hope 哈哈)周一/二可用:I hope that your week is off to a great start. &Hope you had a great weekend.万能的:Hope you’re well/Hope you are doing well.I hope this message finds you well.
最后喵君再友情提醒一下各位,不管是在邮件还是其他什么地方,都要养成在英文逗号和句号后加个空格的好习惯。还有,想要邮件写得让歪果仁看起来很舒适,可以通过几次邮件往来后,判断对方的用词喜好,可能有些人会喜欢用缩略语或其他比较轻松的表达,那你也就不用一直用很刻板的表述;但如果有些写信者倾向严肃高冷的用辞,那你在码字时就要留心点啦~反正没有什么东西是一定的,方法学会后学要懂得变通喔~
来源:华南翻译市场
发表评论:
馆藏&29872
TA的推荐TA的最新馆藏[转]&[转]&[转]&[转]&新闻英语常用的缩略词_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
新闻英语常用的缩略词
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用5下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便