所属点数: 0点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
辽师大附中 学年上学期第二次模块考试
命题、校对:高一备课组
时间:80分钟
提示:请按题号涂卡
第一部分:单项选择(共10小题,每题1分,满分10分)
It is believed that it’s no _______ that many of the most successful companies today are in Silicon Valley(硅谷).
A. acquaintance
B. absence
C. circumstance
D. coincidence
2. --- Robert is indeed a wise man.
---Oh, yes. How often I have regretted ____ his advice!
A. to take
C. not to take
D. not taking
3. He is one of the most helpful, _________ and reliable people I have ever had the pleasure to know.
A. cautious
B. awkward
C. considerate
4. While staying in the mountain village, James unselfishly shared whatever he had with the villagers without asking for anything _________.
A. on occasion
B. in return
C. in possession
D. on purpose
5. He always ends the day in the office by_________ his email even though he has a very tiring day.
A. going through
B. reaching out
C. getting through
D. making up
6. John ______. After driving at top speed, he arrived at the company half an hour earlier.
A. needn’t hurry
B. didn’t need to hurry
C. needn’t have hurried
D. didn’t need hurry
7. Lu Ying has ____ gift for swimming. And she took____ lead in the 50-meter butterfly stroke in the 28th World University Games.
B. the, the
8. Although most of us have no doubt____ he will pass the driving test, but his coach still wonder____ he has really got everything ready.
A. whether, that
B. whether, whether
C. that, that
D. that, whether
9. ___________ a series of attacks launched by IS, Paris fell into ruin, with at least about 200 people killed.
A. Experiencing
B. To have experienced
C. Having experienced
D. Experienced
10. The result published on the Internet today seems to ______ a major U.S. study last November.
A. interrupt
B. contradict
C. predict
D. overcome
第二部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)
第一节(共15小题,每题2分,满分30分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、和 D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Last night was the last game for my eight-year-old son’s soccer team. It was the final quarter. The score was two to one, my son’s team in the lead. Parents surrounded the playground, offering encouragement.
With less than ten seconds remaining, the ball suddenly rolled in front of my son’s teammate, Mickey O’ Donnel. With shouts of “Kick it!” echoing across the playground, Mickey turned around and gave it everything he had. All around me the crowd erupted(轰动). O’Donnel had scored!
Then there was silence. Mickey had scored all right, but in the wrong goal, ending the game in a tie. For a moment there was a total hush. You see, Mickey has Down syndrome(唐氏综合症)and for him there is no such thing as a wrong goal. All goals were celebrated by a joyous hug from Mickey. He had even been known to hug the opposing players when they scored.
The silence was finally broken when Mickey, his face filled with joy, hugged my son tightly and shouted, “I scored! I scored! Everybody won! Everybody won!” For a moment I held my breath, not sure how my son would react. I need not have worried. I watched, through tears, as my son threw up his hand in the classic high-five salute(致礼)and started chanting, “Way to go Mickey! Way to go Mickey!” Within moments both teams surrounded Mickey, joining in the chant and congratulating him on his goal.
Later that night, when my daughter asked who had won, I smiled as I replied, “It was a tie. Everybody won.”
21. Which is the most correct description of the author’s son? He was ________.
B. sympathetic
22. The underlined word “hush” in Paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to “____”.
B. laughter
C. silence
23. Why did the author hold his breath when Mickey scored and hugged his son?
A. Because his son might get angry with Mickey
B. Because Mickey cheated everyone
C. Because his son would accept the fact
D. Because the score was out of his expectation
24. We can infer from the passage that Mickey_________ .
A. was hated by his own team
B. was excited when he realized the fault
C. was warm-hearted and played soccer for both teams
D. was cared about by his teammates
Why do Americans struggle with watching their weight, while the French, who consume rich food, continue to stay thin? Now a research by Cornell University suggests how life style and decisions about eating may affect weight. Researchers concluded that the French tend to stop eating when they feel full. However, Americans tend to stop when their plate is empty or their favorite TV show is over.
According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, a health expert, the French see eating as an important part of their life style. They enjoy food and therefore spend a fairly long time at the table, while Americans see eating as something to be squeezed between the other daily activities. Mercola believes Americans lose the ability to sense when they are actually full. So they keep eating long after the French would have stopped. In addition, he points out that Americans drive to huge supermarkets to buy canned and frozen foods for the week. The French, instead, tend to shop daily, walking to small shops and farmers’ markets where they have a choice of fresh fruits, vegetables, and eggs as well as high-quality meats for each meal
After a visit to the United States, Mireille Guiliano, author of French Women Don’t Get Fat, decided to write about the importance of knowing when to stop rather than suggesting how to avoid food. Today she continues to stay slim and rarely goes to the gym
In spite of all these differences, evidence shows that recent life style changes may be affecting French eating habits. Today the rate of obesity or extreme overweight among adults is only 6%. However, as American fast food gains acceptance and the young reject older traditions, the obesity rate among French children has reached 17% — and is growing.
25. In what way are the French different from Americans according to Dr. Joseph Mercola?
A. They go shopping at supermarkets more frequently.
B. They squeeze eating between the other daily activities.
C. They regard eating as a key part of their lifestyles.
D. They usually eat too much canned and frozen food.
26. This text is mainly the relationship between _________.
A. Americans and the French
B. life style and obesity
C. children and adults
D. fast food and overweight
27. The text is mainly developed __________.
A. by comparison
B. by space
C. by process
D. by classification(分类)
28. Where does this text probably come from?
A. A TV interview
B. A food advertisement
C. A health report
D. A book review
As more people use smart phones to pay bills and store personal information, strict password safety has become more important than ever. A new study shows that free-form gestures — sweeping fingers in shapes across the screen of a smart phone — can be used to unlock phones. These gestures are less likely to be observed and reproduced by others than traditional typed passwords.
“All that it takes to steal a password is a quick eye,” said one of the researchers of the study. “With all the personal information we have on our phones today, improving their safety is becoming increasingly necessary.” In developing a safe solution to this problem, the researchers studied the practicality of using free-form gestures. With the ability to create any shape in any size and location on the screen, the gestures were popular as passwords. Since users create them without following a template(标准), the researchers predicted these gestures would allow for greater complexity.
The researchers carried out a create-test-retest experiment where 63 people were asked to create a gesture, recall it, and recall it again 10 days later. The gestures were captured(采集) on a recognizer system designed by the team. Using this data, they tested the complexity and accuracy of each gesture using information theory. The result of their analysis is that people are favorable to use free-form gestures as passwords.
To put their analysis into practice, the researchers then had seven students in computer science and engineering, each with considerable experience with touchscreens(触摸屏), attempt to steal a free-form gesture password by observing a phone user secretly. None of them were able to copy the gestures with enough accuracy. The gestures appear to be extremely powerful against attacks.
Though the testing is in its early stage and widespread adaptation of this technology is not yet clear, the research team plans to continue to analyze the safety and management of free-form passwords in the future. They believe this is the first study to explore free-form gestures as passwords. They will soon publish their findings.
29.What can we learn about free-form gestures?
A. They are improving mobile safety in a way.
B. Users will have to make use of simple gestures.
C. They will never be copied by others.
D. Users must move their fingers in fixed shapes.
30.The experiment in paragraph 4 is to test _________ of free-form gestures.
A. template
B. application
C. accuracy
31.According to the text, the researchers think that ________.
A. it is easy to steal any password with a quick eye
B. better ways of setting passwords should be developed
C. people had better not use smart phones to pay bills
D. personal information should not be stored in a phone
32.The main purpose of the text is to ________.
A. advise people to use free - form gestures
B. discuss whether smart phones are safe
C. talk about the practicality of passwords
D. introduce the study of a new password
Three in ten Americans commit financial infidelity (出轨) by lying to their partners about money, sometimes suffering consequences such as separation or divorce, according to a new survey.
The Harris Interactive online survey of 2019 adults released on Thursday showed 31percent of American couples who have combined finances were not truthful about issues such as hiding cash or a bank account or about debt or earnings.
“Financial infidelity may be the new normal,” said Forbes. com, which performed the survey with the National Endowment (基金会) for Financial Education. One-third of respondents (响应者) also say they have been cheated, and both sexes lie to their partners about money in equal numbers. “These unwise behaviors cause great damage, to the relationship, which is really not worthwhile. We must consider how important a family is to all of us. We must be honest to our partners in everything including money,” said Ted Beck, chief executive of the National Endowment for Financial Education. Sixteen percent of couples affected by financial infidelity said the cheat led to a divorce and 11 percent said it caused a separation. Sixty-seven percent said it led to an argument and for 42 percent it lessened trust in the relationship. What a great damage it is to the family members!
The most common lie, at 58 percent, was hiding cash. Fifty-four percent of respondents (调查对象) admitted hiding a minor purchase, 30 percent hid a bill, 16 percent did not tell amajor purchase and 15 percent hid a bank account.
Eleven percent lied about debt and an equal number were untruthful about earnings, the survey showed. It is suggested that all the couples should learn a lesson from this matter.
33. What does Ted Beck think of Americans’ committing financial infidelity?
A. Rewarding. B. Unlawful. C. Unwise. D. Unfair.
34. What does the fifth paragraph mainly tell us?
A. The harm of financial infidelity.
B. The meaning of financial infidelity.
C. The explanation for financial infidelity.
D. The percentage of Americans’ committing financial infidelity.
35. What is the best title of the passage?
A. Americans like to lie most
B. Three in ten Americans commit financial infidelity
C. Americans have the largest percentage of divorce
D. Americans like to hide their partners’ cash
第二节(共5 小题;每小题2 分,满分10 分)
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。
Even if you think that your parents are mean-spirited at times, loving your parents is a normal and fulfilling part of life. You love them for the fact that they created you, raised you, and are in part a source of who you are. Here are some ways to love your parents.【21cnj*y.co*m】
A gentle “good morning” and “I love you” will warm a coldest heart. Remember that they brought you into this world. Without your parents, you might still wander at an unknown corner in an unknown world.
Respect them more and cherish these moments. You can use these moments to learn from them when you’re off on your own. It’s OK to get angry but angry actions don’t help you or your parents. Act calmly, cool off, journal about your feelings, or talk to a friend.
Obey their requests. It will make your attitude better and earn you more respect from them. It may seem like you are going through hell when you don’t get what you want or you have to clean. However, you had better remember they keep a roof over your head when it’s cold, raining, snowing, or too hot. Understand that parents are human beings and make mistakes.
Since you can forgive your friends, why not forgive your parents?
Keep company with them. Do things with your parents like watching TV, or go somewhere with them.
Listen to their old stories and learn from them. You will find they are your teachers in this way or another.
Some people simply may not be able to love their parents.
Seek help if you are being abused in any way. Parents do not have a right to harm you.
A. Forgiveness is the key.
B. Tell them you love them every morning.
C. Parents will in turn express their love to you.21教育网
D. After this, share your feelings with your parents.
E. Anyway, spend as much time with them as you can.
F. Please remember parents are as important as friends.
G. There can be realistic reasons for this, family violence for example
第三部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分分)完形填空(共 20 小题;每小题 1.5 分,满分 30 分)
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。   21*cnjy*com
“It’s no use, Mum,” said Johnny. “I’m just no good at dancing.”
“You’ve got to keep trying. Tonight will be
, dear. Try a turn with that pretty Lisette.”
. Every Saturday night used to be the best of the week. He and his parents went to the
at the Club, where his hero, Alcide, played the accordion(手风琴)with the band. But lately everything had changed. Now that Johnny was older, he was
to dance with a girl!
Johnny and his parents arrived at the Club, music had already started. Johnny got up his
to approach Lisette. “May I have this dance?” Johnny asked. “That’s all right,” said Lisette. Johnny struggled to keep up with Lisette’s
steps, but he was always one beat behind her. Then Johnny heard his friend Pierre say, “Look! Johnny has two left feet!”
burst from the crowd. Johnny
and ran outside, determined never to go to another dance.
The next Saturday, Alcide
to Johnny’s house for some potatoes. He happened to hear Johnny playing the accordion. Alcide’s eyes
. “Bring that accordion and play some songs tonight,” Alcide said. Then he drove off, leaving Johnny staring open- mouthed
At the Club, Johnny scanned the crowd for Lisette and
her. The band played for a long time before Alcide said, “Dear friends, I got a
for you tonight. Young Johnny is going to join us!”
, Johnny stepped up on the platform, his eyes on the floor. He began to play, and the band
behind him. When the song ended, he heard cheers. Johnny kept playing until the dance was
. “You did a fine job tonight. Play with us again next Saturday night,” Alcide said. “Yes, sir!” said Johnny.
he went outside, Johnny saw Lisette and her friends near the door. Lisette stepped
, smiling. “You played really good tonight!” she said.
“Thank you,” Johnny blushed (脸红). As he walked on, Pierre
moved out of the way for him to pass.
Johnny patted his accordion. Come to think of it, in his whole life, he had never once seen Alcide out on the dance floor.
41. A. difficult
B. troublesome
C. different
D. terrible
42. A. answered
D. laughed
43. A. platform
B. appointment
C. meeting
44. A. expected
B. invited
C. allowed
46. A. spirits
B. feelings
C. courage
D. strength
47. A. smooth
48. A. Shouts
B. Laughter
C. Applause
49. A. broke away
B. went out
C. broke up
D. turned out
50. A. ran
51. A. opened
C. sharpened
D. widened
52. A. off
53. A. caught
B. searched
D. spotted
54. A. surprise
55. A. Struggling
B. Trembling
C. Wandering
D. Whispering
56. A. got round
B. joined in
C. turned around D. showed off
59. A. backward
B. forward
D. downward
60. A. still
第二节(共小题,每小题1分,满分分)
阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容(不多于3个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。Hongbao, a red envelope with small amounts of money in, is a gift that is guaranteed to be
(warm) received, not just because of the cash, but also because of its
(tradition) symbolism and best wishes for the future. This is true throughout China, especially
in the south
people view receiving hongbao
an auspicious(吉祥的) beginning
the New Year.
Legend in the south goes that a devil(恶魔) used to appear to harm children and the elderly
loud noise would frighten the devil away, as did
color red.
Fireworks took care of the noise and during the Spring Festival couplets(对联) also helped keep the devil away. But fireworks couldn’t go off all day so children and the elderly also got hongbao, red envelopes
(contain) money. The tradition
(survive) for thousands of years and giving hongbao to children and the elderly remains popular among Chinese people all over the world. It has also made its way into workplace where bosses often give
(employ) hongbao and most recently, companies have adopted online marketing strategies where haongbao are distributed, hoping ___70__
companies and staff members have a good start.
Giving hongbao at the beginning of the Lunar New Year indicates best wishes for the future.
第:短文改错(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处,每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加,删除或修改。
增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(^), 并在其下面写出该加的词。
删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。
修改:在错词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意:1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;
2. 只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。
’t let it disappear. I have made up my mind to reach out my hand without a hesitation next time.
短文改错:
knocking him down—
删hesitation 前的a;
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
本网部分资源来源于会员上传,除本网组织的资源外,版权归原作者所有,如有侵犯版权,请联系并提供证据(),三个工作日内删除。
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2016 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved.把高考试题库加入
好资源,好成绩,一步到位!
海量试题+教材课本供你下载&&&&知识点+复习方法帮你巩固基础&&&&做题+指导助你成功升学!
热门关键词:&&
最新热门试题
高二英语月考
2012年江苏省重点中学高二月考英语试题及答案
2010年北京重点中学高一、高二月考最新英语试题
(上教版)上海市松江二中2009学年度高二第二学期月考英语试卷(附解答)
(沪教版)上海冠龙中学08年高二第一次月考英语卷(附答案)
(人教版)上海市交大附中08-09学年高二下学期期中考试英语卷(附答案)
高二英语考前练习
高二英语语法练习之高考非谓语动词真题
上海同济大学附中高二英语练习D卷
09年贵州兴义市清华实验学校高二(上)月考英语试卷
09年河南焦作武陟一中高二(上)第一次月考英语试题
09年江西吉安一中高二(上)第一次月考英语试题
09年河北乐亭一中高二(上)月考英语试题
09年四川省广元中学高二(上)第二次月考英语试题
09年福建三明一中高二(上)第一次月考英语试题
09年辽宁省抚顺一中高二10月月考英语试题
2009年南开中学高二10月月考英语试题
2009年牛津版高二年级英语第一学期月考试题
2009年新人教版高二英语月考英语试题
2009年新人教版高二英语下学期第一次月考B
2009年新人教版高二英语下学期第一次月考C
2009年新人教版高二英语科月考试题
2009年新人教版高二英语上学期第二次月考
2009年新人教版高二英语科月考试题
2009年新人教版高二上学期全校第三次月考
2009年新人教版高二英语12月月考试卷
您现在的位置是: &
& 高二英语月考
资源库说明:高中资源库主要以全国高中试题、资料为主,其中试题、试卷类包括高中各年级期中试卷、期末试卷、练习题、单元测试、月考试题;资料类包括高中电子课本、高中教案、高中课件等,在高中资源库中不仅为参加竞赛的学生准备了竞赛模拟题、竞赛试题,还为高考生准备了高考模拟题、高考真题及答案;目前,高中资源库中有约2000多套高考真题及答案,50000多套高中各年级试题、试卷及资料,供广大高中生学习参考!希望高中资源库能够真正的帮助到您!如果您发现网页当中的任何错误,欢迎发送邮件()与我们联系,我们会及时更正,谢谢!}

我要回帖

更多关于 上海高三英语月考卷 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信